UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:32 AM   #1  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Default What is the ONE thing you REALLY hate / hated about being big?

I'm sure that this has been done over and over on this website... but not recently... well, not so far as I can see... or at least not recently in the UK forum.

I've got loads of reasons for not wanting or liking to be large - probably the same as yours and, in particularly, the obvious associated health risks - but I'd love to know what ONE thing it is that you don't like (or didn't like) about being big.

Mine is fairly trivial but I HATE HATE HATE weighing more than my husband - I HATE it that my waist is bigger than his. A neighbour once commented that we looked like that couple on those saucy cartoon seaside postcards. He didn't mean it nastily but its stuck with me ever since.

So whats yours?
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Probably knowing that I'm the fattest person in the room and that people look at you because of it and really I think they judge you for it too when they don't even know you - I really can't stand that. I often think that they're sympathising in their heads with my husband/children that I'm the way I am and that they have to be with me. They might, they might not but these are the things that run through my head which in some ways is worse than other peoples thoughts as at least you don't know about them whereas you do know all about your own.
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:12 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

My thighs chaffing when I wore skirts.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:32 AM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Trying on at least 10 different outfits before leaving the house with my DH and still feeling fat in every one of them. Finally picking out something that I thought at least looked halfway decent. Getting to our destination and again feeling like I was huge compared to the other women who were half my size.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:50 AM   #5  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
Trying on at least 10 different outfits before leaving the house with my DH and still feeling fat in every one of them. Finally picking out something that I thought at least looked halfway decent. Getting to our destination and again feeling like I was huge compared to the other women who were half my size.
Yeah that! And always having this feeling that everyone was staring at me and feeling sorry for me and my husband... I still feel that way sometimes... I HATE that even at a normal weight I feel like I'll always feel like that.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:52 AM   #6  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated View Post
My thighs chaffing when I wore skirts.
That's just what I was going to say.Hate that.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:54 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

I hate having to buy new "fat pants" and going shopping with my friends and only having to buy tops because I know that most bottoms won't fit (I'm pear shaped - relatively small on top but big in the bottom).

I also HATE my back fat and the rolls around my waist and if I bend I sometimes feel the other fat roll touching the other one. <URGH>

I HATE not being able to go out with my firends because I don't want to be known as the "fat one." And also not seeing friends from before because I don' want them to see how fat I am.
Crescendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:06 AM   #8  

As 2frus said - the thigh chafing whenever I wore a skirt. Also - I could not care less about my fat arse but my stomach! If I could get rid of that I would be a happy person! I get fed up of croppted t shirts that ride up and expose the spare tires!

And of course as Sarah Ann says - the health problems. I have very high blood pressure and I bet my cholesterol is bad as well. I am also getting puffed when I walk.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:07 AM   #9  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

I hate at work ~ feeling like I have to keep moving and working all the time ~ like if I sit down ~ people will think ~ look at that lazy fat girl. I work hard, and deserve a rest when there is a chance to have one, but just can't because of I know what people will think.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:08 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 300/265/175

Height: 5'8

Not being able to find find cute trendy clothes. Most bigger sizes look like something my grandma would wear not someone in their twenties.
Trinity1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

I hated being bigger and heavier than my ex, I also hate having to shop in outsize shops still; and I hate it when people look at whats in your shopping basket or at your plate in a restaurant and look shocked when they dont see a pile of junk food.

Ok i have got to stop ranting now, because i could go on forever!!!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:14 AM   #12  

Also the thigh thing! Unbelievably, my waist measurement's now what my thighs were when I started this (July 2005). Still have chubby thighs but they no longer seem to chafe for some reason...

Hated feeling exhausted all the time, too. And got pains in my knees like an old lady.
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:15 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 255/224/175

Height: 5'8

For me cause im tall as well it was finding pants.. or finding something so cute but not in "bigger sizes"

Wearing a shirt lookin down and seeing the belly.. Ohhh i hate the belly.. Or when you go to grab of your SO pants and his are too small.

When your out for a meal and people are looking at you whilst you eat...

LOL not being able to wear cute undies or lingerie that flatters you!
Jennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:18 AM   #14  
ooooh... sparkly!

S/C/G: 236/226/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity1004 View Post
Not being able to find find cute trendy clothes. Most bigger sizes look like something my grandma would wear not someone in their twenties.
this is exactly what i was going to say... outside of a few specialty shops (which are, of course, twice the prices), most places' idea of "plus size" is something shapeless, or just frumpy looking, with either a lot of sequins/sparkles on it, or a big, loud pattern that just screams "HEY! Look at me, I'm FAT!"... and looks like something an eccentric old woman would wear. as if we're not allowed to have a sense of fashion, because we're bigger... HMPH!
watch_it_break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:24 AM   #15  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

It does kind of make you wonder if the people who design and make larger sizes ever actually bother doing any kind of research to find out what plus size women want to wear. Perhaps they ought to employ some larger ladies in their design departments rather than just trying to scale up from the smaller sizes.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote