Old 10-30-2006, 08:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/210/120

Height: 5'4"

Default HELP! Went off plan this weekend!

HELP!!!
I'm so upset at myself. I had a very successful first week at weigh-in, losing 7 lbs which I'm sure is mostly water. My plan changed from purple to red without lites since I chose not to buy lites for now and I binged on Saturday..on salty filipino food and various sweets at a B-day party. :-( So, now the scale says I gained 5 lbs!

Is there a way I can detox myself before I weigh in on Tues? I've been drinking lots of water, took a vitamin B12 and trying to focus on more high fiber foods. Also, how do you figure out food exchanges for foods not listed in the menu booklet? ...such as for Luna bars or other ethnic foods?
maailie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

maailie - we all have our slip ups. One thing that you can try is to drink Hot lemon water (it acts as a natural diuretic), and try to keep today light. Make sure you get ALL of your foods in today, but chose the lighter options (chicken instead of beef, etc.)

Today is a new day. Don't dwell on the past, just try to learn from it!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:44 AM   #3  
Kim - IP 9/10

Maailie - The Hot Lemon water should help with the water retention from salty food. Get back on plan, don't starve yourself. The fiber foods are good choices.

As far as counting ethnic foods, it is very difficult unless you know exactly what went into them, then you could break it down. Otherwise I would suggest that you pore through the booklet, and the restaurant guide and see if anything listed there comes close. Another good suggestion is to come clean to the counselor at the COD and get their input.

Good luck - remember lemonwater, lemonwater, lemonwater!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

We all have slip ups. Put it behind you,learn from it, feel the unhappiness that you did not stay on plan and make it work for you today ,tomorrow, the next day, to stay on plan. I always feel so bad when I slip up and I try to use it to stay OP the next day. I spent so many days in the past feeling bad about my weight. I love the feeling of success I have had for 9 weeks, certainly a lot better than how bad I felt those fatter days.
hereicome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:38 PM   #5  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Did you get a Free to Live binder when you signed up? There is lots of good info on what to order and what not to order, when dining on ethnic foods. There are catagories for American, Chinese, Fast Food, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Mexican, Middle Eastern, Pizza, Thai, and Vegetarian....
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:06 PM   #6  
Kim - IP 9/10

Hmmm - I don't think I got one of those - I'll have to ask....
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote