Carb Counters - Weekly Chat Oct 30~Nov 5/06

View Full Version : Weekly Chat Oct 30~Nov 5/06

RobinW
10-30-2006, 08:19 AM
Good Morning

:coffee: coffee is on...........I'll be back in abit to get caught up.

Leenie
10-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Good Morning :hug:

Well girls, DH made it his first week on atkins and lost........get this crap.... 7 lbs... what the heck??????? LOLOL MEN !!!!!! He only has about another 10 lbs to lose so thats alot for some one at his weight. He loves it.

Hope that helps you all on staying op.... I know its making me jealous ;)

Have a happy day !!!

lilybelle
10-30-2006, 11:06 AM
Hi everyone. I'm back after a weekend of eating terrible. I haven't weighed and will wait til Wednesday to weigh. I did get a lot of exercise and hope it helped some. The extra company and cooking for a crowd got to me and I ate a lot of things that I shouldn't have. Every one has left now and I am back on program this morning. My clothes still fit well and this much is good. I think I'll drink up a lot of water and try to flush some of the junk from my system. It wasn't really junk food. But Saturday evening was home-made beef stroganoff and yesterday was beef stew. So I had a lot of carbs.

beach bum
10-30-2006, 01:24 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Can't believe my ticker is moving upward. I don't understand why,as I have been really trying to follow the Atkins diet,by at 5 carbs per week. The only thing I've been lacking is dairy[no milk or not enough yogurt]I haven't tried fruit either.I heard some where that you have to drink milk,Atkins say cream. I haven't had bread or its products in ages, only the L/C ones like Dreamfield [5 net carb]pasta,Pepperidge Farm[5 net carb]bread.All the others are from the low carb recipe web sites.For instance,I made a cheesy scalloped potatoes made with [turnips]or home fries from [yellow squash].I even made the famous Revolution Rolls. Do you have to weigh & measure on the Atkins Plan like they do at WW??????????

Sorry for Whining!! Its getting very frustrating. I'm going to W-I on Wed also.

Robin-Thanks for getting us started this week.

Leenie-Wow Thats great!! wish it was me.Men always lose faster than woman,They say they have more muscles then we do.

Lily-Your exercising has been fantastic,I should exercise more.I slacking in that dept.So maybe that my problem instead of the food I mentioned above.

Hugs :) BB

MsChris
10-30-2006, 01:55 PM
BB -
How many carbs/day are you up to? Maybe you have gone over your ccl?

I have added flaxsseed muffins, and now baby corn, but I am still in ketosis per the ketostix, but my scale is just not moving. It is at 176 as of this am. I am really wanting to make my goal in these 8 months. I am at 30 net carbs/ day and am scared to add the next 5 so I may just hold here for a little while.

lilybelle
10-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Well, I decided to go ahead and weigh to survey the damage from my high carb weekend. I had maintained the same 140 that I have been at for several weeks. I guess adding in the exercise has really helped , while my eating wasn't very good. (I weighed after my breakfast of eggs, bacon and 2 cups of coffee). I guess it is true about what they say, not to kill both birds. If you eat poorly, at least don't skip the exercise too.

beach bum
10-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Hi Ms Chris:)-My carbs. vary from day to day,from as low as 15 - 30. I try not to go higher,except when at a party or eating out,which is rare for me.
Thats why I so concerned.Maybe I should go back to the induction again.

Lily:)-Theres a great possibility that I'm not exercising enough. Have to start,and keep it going.Happy you maintained this week.

Thanks for your advice ladies

lilybelle
10-30-2006, 09:28 PM
BB, I think the reason your wt. loss is slowing is because you are so close to your normal wt. Those last 10 lbs. are hard and long to take off. But, trust me, they do come off just not as fast as we would like.

Hop on the exercise thread with me.

carolr3639
10-31-2006, 10:13 AM
Lily, I put this in last weeks and see now why I need it here. How much did you MIL and aunt have to lose when they started?

nursekat
10-31-2006, 01:10 PM
Happy Halloween, ladies!
I'm in the middle of an unbelievably busy week, but I'm staying on track with my eating. I still need to start exercising. I'm still stalling after my initial 10 pound loss last week.
Hope everyone is having a great week!
Kat

beach bum
10-31-2006, 01:23 PM
Hi Ladies:) and HAPPY :haphal: HALLOWEEN

Well this morning I had to get our food shopping done before DH goes to the Doctor for his annual check up.That why I so late in posting.

I'm down on the scale:goodscale: this morning, so I will continue with low carbing but I going to start adding milk & milk products[yogurts pudding etc] to my diet.I'm afraid :fr:if I don't have them I might be heading for trouble with Osteoporosis.Going to have my doctor give me a bone density test,to make sure I don't have the starting of this crippling disease.

Looked over my past menus:book2: and I found lot of mistakes eating wise. The pepperoni will have to go,along with other fatty:ink: foods that I have been taking,while looking and doing great with my carbs intake, I forgot that fat has high calories.

Ms Chris & Lily-Thanks:thanks: for your help,not going to let the scale dominate my life. I'm on the exercising:exercise: thread Lily I have one post for the whole month on the top of the thread. I power:running: walked this morning and boy that was a workout.This afternoon I will get on my bike.e-bike

Have a great day and don't get tempted by eating all the trick and treats candy :chockiss:that you have for the kids.

lilybelle
10-31-2006, 01:59 PM
Hi everyone, Happy Halloween.

Carol, my MIL had 32 lbs. to lose, my Aunt weighed 227 to start with and is 5' tall, not sure how much she would like to lose. They are both doing great with Atkins and really enjoy eating this way. They are both in their 60's.

BB, glad to see you are exercising too. I am happy to be able to exercise again. My foot is healing well. I still wear the brace, but am walking a whole mile at at time , slowly. I do eat yogurt and cheese and cottage cheese, but I haven't drank any milk in over a yr. I take a daily Calcium supplement. I have never had a bone density study. (OMG, I didn't think there was a test that I haven't had done, LOL).

Nursekat, Hi, glad to see you posting.

MsChris
11-01-2006, 01:55 AM
Ok so Trick or treating with the boys was a challenge. I expected that I would eat a few sweets so I ate eggs and sausage for breakfast no cheese, and a sweetener free coffee for lunch and at pork steak,baked chicken,blue cheese salad and cauliflower and cabbage for dinner. I wanted to be full when I tricked and treated with the boys. I still ate a little candy, but compared to previous years I did excellent. (1 mini pack of M & Ms, a caramel square and an airhead.)

I have all the ingredients for low carb hot chocolate and sugar free davinci caramel vanilla coffee to stave off eating sweets for the next couple of days while I go back on induction. I even kicked in 2 extra miles of walking before I go to sleep tonight. I have been holding at 176 for the last few days. I hope this doesn't kick me up too far.

Arkansas Kel
11-01-2006, 04:52 AM
HI ALL! Had lost another pound (in spite of only vaguely sticking to WOE). Was another bad weekend at work - However, got in some exercise - was actually jogging at work to keep up with the pace of the workload (when will the nursing shortage let UP!!!) Anyway, Halloween also nailed me. Slept through the day (my norm as a night nurse) and cut my sleep short so I could greet trick or treeters. Had my husband bring home take out - he's also low carbing - but I told him I didn't care what he came home with as long as it was food - so we had spaghetti, pizza, breadsticks and salad. HA, salad - I guess it was a token salad. haha. Then, I ate 3 pieces halloween candy - not too bad - I could eat the bowl. BAck on program today. Must suck it up.

Beach Bum, I don't want to be critical, :devil: but it sounds like you may be feeling wishy washy. :dizzy: Shouldn't eat carbs, nonono, shouldn't eat fat, nonono, shouldn't eat carbs. Maybe you should reinforce your committments and review your plans. Also, as far as calcium, there's loads in low carb veggies! Eat the bones in canned salmon! Take a supplement! Eat cheese! I can get very low carb cottage cheese. I believe low carb done right is more vitamin rich than high carb done any way. The basis of Atkins is meats and low carb veggies plus cheeses. :^: Low carb versions of starchy foods should be still considered only in moderation (I limit these very strictly). Maybe, and I hate to say this, cause I believe in Atkins style low carb, buy maybe if you aren't feeling this is right for you, maybe you should look at South Beach of another diet that utilizes low glycemic index carbs. :book2: I know on Atkins you are encouraged to avoid nitrates (which your pepperoni probably does have), but that is based on cancer risk more than fat I think. :soap:

Lilly - wow, stroganoff. :hungry: Now I have to make my low carb version just to cope with reading your post. Congrats on the weight holding though. That's always a relief.

Ms. Chris - stick to it - better than last year is still better!!! Congrats, and keep practicing will power! You did great. We're not perfect, just improving. :cp:

lilybelle
11-01-2006, 01:38 PM
My DD and her friend decided last night that they wanted to trick or treat. We live in a small town and many of the older kids trick or treat. So, I took them. It was fun. I did cheat and have 1 small PB cup. I was happy that I stopped at just one. Normally, I would have eaten all her Tootsie Rolls, but not this time. Yeah! My DH stayed home and passed out all our candy, I'm glad it's gone. I saw one truck that was pulling a big flatbed trailer with about 15 kids on it. They made it a hayride and trick or treating at the same time. It looked like a lot of fun. (Of course, this is in the country here, wouldn't ever try that in a busy city).
I am back totally on program today and plan to stay this way through the next Holidays. I'm off now to cook my bacon and eggs.

beach bum
11-01-2006, 03:29 PM

Gee!!! I'm sorry:sorry: for not posting this morning,but I had Very Very Busy A.M. for me. Dh wasn't feeling well,after getting his pneumonia shot. We don't want to take any chances catching anything on the cruise after DH lung cancer.He fine now,it was a bad reaction from the shot.

Well I did W-I today I'm down 1.5 lbs:woohoo: from Sunday high sodium meal. I can't change my ticker as I'm still 3.5 away.

Thanks ladies for letting me whine.Today I'm on cloud:cloud9: 9 again. seeing the scale going down instead of up.

I have to going in for a colonoscopy next Wednesday and I have to fast :barf: for two day so decide to W-I before I go to the hospital. I have 3 more weeks to lose 5 lbs. Do you think thats possible??????????? I going to try,by really going strict on my low carbing.

Lily-I couldn't believe I actually power walked:running: for 2 miles this afternoon and I really pumped :whoo:up my
heart . Happy to hear:listen: that your foot is getting better,thats amazing you can walk those miles. I found a soy milk thats has 11 carb -4 fibers=7 net carb per 1 c serving.

ArkansasKel-I don't have problems with the carbs I love the Low Carb Diet,my problem is the fatty meats, I'm now looking for the low fat versions.Gave the pepperoni to my DH.Don't want to go back to the South Beach. It don't work for me,as my doctor told me that have a highy sensitivity to carbs.

Have a nice evening

Hugs:) BB

MsChris
11-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Well -I am up 1.2 pounds this morning. I am not going to stress it though. I did my measurements and unbelievably there is no change. I didn't start induction today. I ate 2 oz. of pecans this morning for breakfast. I ate a taco salad (seasoned meat, mozarella cheese, and shredded lettuce) for lunch. I am cooking rotisserie chicken and broccoli for dinner.

Arkansas Kel - Thanks for the encouragement. Congratulations on your pound lost.

Lily - Good job staving off the sweets. A peanut butter cup - wow- would that I have done that good. Congrats also on maintaining.

BB- Congrats on the 1.5 pounds lost. 2 days of fasting - wow you will probably lose from that too.

RobinW
11-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Evenin'

:woohoo: BB Congrats on the scale going down!!! :cb: I know what you mean about the fatty meats, I get to a point too, where I cant eat fatty meats, or too much cheese. The scale quits going down at a certain point.

Well, I cooked a huge turkey today. A big pot of turkey soup simmering on the stove, all my veggies cut and ready to be added to the pot.

Dh and I spent most of the day in the attic. Cleaning it out!! My husband for some reason is a box collector! :chin: We have sooooooooo many boxes up there, we are afraid to put them all out for garbage day tomorrow. Just incase we get fined for too much!! :club: So about 3/4 of it is in the garage....we'll have to take a bit out at a time every wed. night :lol: There is still a bit in the attic, but I can putz around with that stuff. Tomorrow is painting day up there...we are moving the heatpress up there. There just isnt enough room in the house. Can you believe, there are just 3 of us, a 4 bedroom house 2.5 stories and we dont have enough room?? :lol3: We need to simplify!! We're getting there.

Im still not 100%, but Im not bingeing, and thats a huge one for me right now.

Brenda, if your checking in, I hope your bil is doing well, you're in my thoughts.

Well, thats it for today, sleep well ladies. :cloud9:

lady_adnerb
11-01-2006, 08:41 PM
Just thought I'd pop in quick and let you all know the update. BIL went for a CAT scan Monday, got the results yesterday. There was no cancer in his stomach--and they believe the cancer had not spread! His surgery went well today and the doc said that he "thinks" he got it all out. The results from tests will be back Friday as to whether he'll have to have chemo ( I think that's what we were told). DH is planning on getting a physical at the end of this month. And will be scheduling a colonoscopy at the end of December (after Christmas).
Ok. I'm ready to start over. Tomorrow it's back to low carb and even though I'm not ready for the carb withdrawal headache...I'm ready to not feel so bloated!!!! So I'll see you all in the morning. I'm bushed so time for bed!!!

lilybelle
11-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Hi everyone,

BB, good job on the wt. loss and the exercise. I have had a colonoscopy before. The prep alone caused me to lose about 5 lbs. So, you should have no problem meeting your goal. I have really scaled down the fatty meats and cheese too since reaching goal. They just aren't as appealing to me as when I started Atkins.

Robin , I know what you mean about not enough room. When we bought this big house (5 bedrooms, 3 baths), it looked so empty. It is totally full now. We need to "simplify" too. There is only 3 of us here and every room is full.

Brenda, that's good news that the doctor thinks "he got it all". Hopefully he'll be cancer free and not have to have chemo.

Arkansas Kel
11-02-2006, 05:56 AM
Today, back on track again. Last night - Mexican Restaurant - 4 enchiladas, chips and salsa :moo: - I did only eat until full, not sick (improvement over previous track record) and I didn't eat what I didn't really want of it (pile of bland rice and beans) BUT I did eat tons of evil evil carbs. I could have ordered low carb - could have should have would have blah blah blah :shrug: . However, I had hardly eaten yesterday, so perhaps it will balance out. Good food, good friends - it couldn't have all been wrong. :cheers: Then went to see Open Season - ate whoppers - :corn: ugh - was so brave on Halloween and ate 1/2 of movie box of whoppers (Thank God for DH (who is also low carbing) he ate the other half to save me from my doom!!!)
BAck on track this AM. :smoking: New discovery - Dannon Light N Fit Carb and Sugar Control Yogurt - tiny cup, but only 3 net carbs - and taste is not bad at all. Not totally like regular yogurt, but good enough I'll want it again.

Lily - congrats - one pb cup - will power of steel!!! I had to eat 3 myself.

Beach Bum - I was really trying to be helpful and hope I didn't come across as curt. :( Maybe I'm just one of those Atkins defenders that gets a little too sensitive about defending it. I do believe above all else, no one diet works for everyone. Good luck. 3 day fast - dang. Hope you at least get clear liquids. Our patients get a modified diet for 1 day before as long as they take all this "prep" which translates into "laxative."

RobinW - mmmm turkey, now I need one too! :turkey: No wonder I'm overweight just reading foods mentioned here causes me to need it. Turkey's a cheap meat right now too! Think I'll get one for next week!

Lady Adnerb - cancer! I don't know if I could stick to any diet. I'm glad it's going well though. Best wishes. :hug:

Leenie
11-02-2006, 08:50 AM
Good Morning,

Brenda love, thats TERIFFIC news... THANK GOD !!!! You all are still in my prayers. You know where to find me if you need to talk.

Hi Everyone, hope your having a wonderful OP day !! whoot ;)

Hugs and Kisses !!

lady_adnerb
11-02-2006, 09:10 AM
Lily: :wave:

Kel: How nice of your DH to save you from yourself :lol: I'll have to see if I can find that yogure (in a few weeks).

Leenie: :hug: thanks!! We can use all the prayers we can get!! And thanks for the offer of an ear :)

Day 1 of induction. I've only been up about 2 hours and I'm doing fine :lol3: Well I've had my eggs and sausage for breakfast as well as a glass of water. I have to measure how much goes into that glass as they're new and the old ones I knew were 16 oz. I know these aren't that big. So I'll have to work on drinking more.

SherryA
11-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Back since Monday. Scale is down from 263 to 255.5 I guess I must be in ketosis, though I haven't checked yet.

lilybelle
11-02-2006, 11:44 AM
Kel, I buy that kind of Yogurt too. I think it is pretty tasty. BTW, what part of Arkansas are you from? I live in a small town just outside of Ft. Smith. Have you been able to find the Dreamfields Pasta that the people on here talk about eating? I can't find it anywhere. I find that in this area, it is hard to find ANY Atkins foods except the shakes and bars.
Hi Brenda, good going on that breakfast. I bought a new box of 42 sausage patties yesterday , so I'm stocked again for a while. I used to always eat my eggs "runny" but since doing Atkins and eating them without bread, I fry them "hard" now. Thanks for the water reminder, I need to drink a lot of it too.
Sherry, welcome back and WTG on the wt. loss, looks like you are off to a great start.. Congratulations.

beach bum
11-02-2006, 02:22 PM

Thanks:thanks: for all the congrats:congrat:.I'm really trying to stay forcused on Low Carbing for the rest of the month,as I don't want to go away on vacation[cruise] and then the holidays with food the main attraction to bring me back up on the scales again. It happened to me 2 years ago,where I gained 10 lbs.as I was low carbing. Going to ask for a special [no carb.]menu this cruise around.

MsChris-don't fret,it maybe some sodium in your menu that brought water retention. I have to watch as I'm sodium sensitive also.Just drink some more water, to flush out your system.

Robin-Whens dinner,LOVE :love:Turkey,hubby doesn't so I get to eat it only on some of the holidays. The turkey drum stick is my favorite UMMMMMM!! That soup smells gooooooood!!! I have to look for more low fat protein to munch on when hungry watching T.V. Pepperoni & cheese is going to be a :nono: for now.We live in a small house that has a total of 2 closets.Everything goes in the basement. Have to chuck out items every two years,at the dump.The better part having a small home, its easy to clean.

Brenda-Happy:) to hear your BIL is doing fine after the surgery, thats a relief that they caught the cancer.I know what your going though as my DH is a lung cancer surviver. You went though a lot,so take care of yourself also.

Lily-No looking forward to the prep & precedure Tues & Wed of next week.I had one 5 years ago,as my mom & dad both died of colon cancer.Bought all the liquids that they requested.UGHHH!!!

Kel-I have those yogurts in my fridg right now, they delish Wish they were in a little bigger cup.Don't feel like you have apologize, I didn't take any offence. I need a lot of help with this WOE.You pointed out what I was doing wrong.Sodium Nitrate in the pepperoni what was I thinking.Thanks for pointing this out. Doctor gave me the instruction and its noting but clear liquids on the prep day.

Sherry-Congrats:congrat: on your weight lose.

Have a nice one

Arkansas Kel
11-03-2006, 06:04 AM
Was OP all day yesterday, natural high, TOM came today - ugh. Well that explains my mexican splurge. I often lose willpower totally at TOM. I guess I did better that I have a lot of other times. Usually I'm tired and just want to eat meat and chocolate (not necessarily together). I slobber passing cattle pastures (not really, just a joke). :drool: Should have just gone for the carne asada at the mexican joint and gotten the meat fix out of the way. I'm not weighing in until later next week - after TOM - I always gain several pounds then the whoosh fairy visits and they fall away afterwards. Looking forward to the nice whoosh next week!

lady adnerb - yes, bless his heart, he's a true chocoholic. He has less willpower than me and loses wt anyway. I'd call him dirty names except he's really a great guy.

SherryA - I never check for ketosis - if the scale is moving I'm all ok with it. And your ticker says the scales are down - so GO SHERRYA, GO SHERRYA, GO SHERRYA :cheer2:

Lilly - from northeast arkansas - about as northeast as you can get - (Piggott) had they drawn the lines a little different I'd be from missouri! I haven't seen the dreamfields on the shelves in a while - I have found some similar brands at big lots, and otherwise order a couple times per year from netrition.com - I order my davinci and pastas and some sugar free sauces oh, and Ross sugar free chocolates (for the weak moments) - should have taken one of those to the movie - bad bad whoppers.

Beach Bum - Good luck on prep day - only your best pals will stick with you through that one.

RobinW
11-03-2006, 08:41 AM
Mornin' :coffee:

Brenda~ Im so happy your bil has come thru ok :hug:

Busy day planned.......so I dont have much time to chat. Have a great op day ladies.

beach bum
11-03-2006, 12:03 PM

Leo & I slept in this morning, me having bad heart burn last night.Plus our attached bathroom in our bedroom night light kept going on all night,interrupted our sleep.Don't have much time as I have to get ready for our senior singer concert we're giving for our local nursing home this morning.

Hope you all have a wonderful day I will post when I get back

Hugs:) BB

lilybelle
11-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Hi everyone, I am on a house cleaning spree. My MIL is coming tonite for an overnight visit. I have been literally working my butt off. I'm almost finished. I hate it that I stress out everytime she comes and feel the need to have an immaculate house. Does anyone else do this? I actually have stomach cramps from the stress. It is my DH's birthday and we are having a birthday party for him. Complete with grandkids, so I know my spotless house won't last long. Well, gotta go get more laundry done. Hope everyone else has a great day.

lilybelle
11-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Now, my MIL calls and says that she has unexpected visitors and that she isn't coming. Go figure. This place is spotless. I even went outside in the cold and cleaned the windows today. GRRRR.

Wanted to let you all know that I was contacted by Quick and Simple Magazine to tell them my Wt. Loss Story. They had read about it online. I think that is pretty neat. They will do pictures. I hope it's on the up and up, but I'll keep you all posted on how it goes.

beach bum
11-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Hi I'm back again from the nursing home. It was for the day care part of the center. The patients really enjoyed the sing along with us.Its good feeling to see all their smiles & laughter,when we started our program.Have to go a condo owner meeting tonight. Leos not going and I don't want to go either. They have the stupidest officers from[pres down to treasurer]running the condo,and its really a mess. Its a wasted meeting were nothing gets done.

Lily-Don't stress :stress:over your M-I-L judgment on your house cleaning. I just had the opposite from you.I never that that problem as my M-I-L as she didn't have a immaculate house either. MY mom on the other hand you could eat off the floors. I was nervous when she came over.

Have a nice evening

RobinW
11-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Thats way cool Lily!! Keep us posted!

lilybelle
11-04-2006, 12:48 AM
I got some advice from Meg on the Maintainers Board. One of the moderators here had a magazine contact her for her Wt. loss story. She mentioned that she ate "breakfast cookies". Her name was plastered on a magazine, saying "I lost XX amt. of lbs. while eating cookies and you can too". She had signed a beforehand agreement that they could use her story however they wanted and she didn't see the story before it was published. So, I need to be very cautious. I would have been furious if this had happened to me. She had no recourse.

lady_adnerb
11-04-2006, 08:29 AM
I've decided to wait until Monday to restart. Too much other stuff going on. So Monday I'll start induction. I'm also going to quit drinking soda and cutting out most of my caffeine. Going to do a few other things--but won't mention them here (medical stuff). So I'm going to need all the help I can get!! But I know this is the best place for support!! See you on Monday ladies!! Have a great weekend!!

beach bum
11-04-2006, 09:46 AM
LILY Thats fantastic That you were chosen for the Magazine. We're l proud of your accomplishments with your weight loss. Big Congrats.Yes you have to be cautious, now a days. Just stick to what Meg told you. Weight loss and nothing private.

Have a great weekend Hugs :) BB

riacoul
11-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Good morning all! This is my first post here and I hope to make some friends and be a friend. I started low carb yesterday and this time I'm counting my carbs with FitDay. I love that site and I know it will be very helpful to me. I woke up this morning to a 2 pound loss and am very motivated to keep going. It's funny how our habits are so much a part of us because I keep finding myself reaching for something or thinking about having something, then I remember I am changing my lifestyle. I went out to dinner with friends last night and did great!!

beach bum
11-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Hi Riacoul:)

Welcome :welcome: to the board,low carbing is new to me also. I have been here since Aug and lost 8 lbs,but I'm a very SLOW loser,caused by being a very sensitive carber. The doctor told me this after a long discussion with him. I use the fitday web site also. I find it very helpful,to see where I'm at with the nutrition stand point.

You'll like it here everyone very friendly and supportive.

riacoul
11-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Hi beach bum, and thanks for the reply. Wht do you mean by "sensitive carber"? I've never head of that before.

lilybelle
11-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Welcome, Riacoul, Glad you could join us.

Just wanted to stop in and say HI to everyone. I'm on the way to cook our breakfast now. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

needtolose4me2
11-04-2006, 04:46 PM
welcome raicoul! Love that picture!
Lillybelle, YOu hve such a wonderful story to tell. I hope it works out well! Then when I show people the article I could say "I worked out with her!" lol!!
HI RObin
HI beach bum
Brenda - it's you and me girl! I'm starting over again too! I started yesterday actually but I am finding it very hard to get back on track though. My family is just staying clear of me !

needtolose4me2
11-04-2006, 04:48 PM
I just had to redo my ticker which totally sucked! but I figure I may as well face it. I gained 3 lbs!! my final 10 has now become my final 15 (again)

lilybelle
11-04-2006, 06:08 PM
I am up 2 lbs. today, from Monday. Hmm, maybe it was DH's birthday cake that did me in. Oh well, all the more reason to get my butt in gear and exercise. I have simply got to quit cheating with the holidays coming, or I'm in big trouble.

RobinW
11-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Im restarting again Monday too. Induction w/BFL workouts. Going to join the new years challenge too. I need to smarten up!

riacoul
11-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Thanks lilybelle. Cheating is a huge problem for me. But when I'm counting, actually counting my carbs, I seem to be better about it. I don't want to waste them on cheating!

Going to bed now... see you all tomorrow.

riacoul
11-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Question... do we have to create a new weight tracker each time our weight changes, or will it update automatically when we change our S/C/G in our profile? Thanks!

Leenie
11-05-2006, 07:21 AM
Hi Maria and :welcome: to 3FC's

Yes, you have to update your tracker yourself :D

FYI Atkins Chicklets!!!
The November Exercise thread and the New Years Challenge have been made a sticky..... (thanks Robin..poke poke).

RobinW
11-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks Leenie :D

lilybelle
11-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone, it's a rainy Sunday morning. I am back on track once again. I ate like a pig last night. I feel fat and bloated. I definitely deserve any gain that I have had and deserve to work my butt off to get it off. My dog had a stomach ache the night before, I ended up having to shampoo carpets in 3 rooms, it was hard work.

beach bum
11-05-2006, 03:01 PM

Frost:snowglo: on the ground YIKES!!! Winter is here,and I have Nothing to wear as all my winter clothes are in the basement. The closet is is filled with summer clothes for the trip.Leo & I are counting 3 more weeks until we're in our summer clothes again.

Went out to brunch with my friends,stayed OP[no bread or home fries] Yipeee!!
Having the low carb bread tonight with my main meal. Going to have a colonoscopy Wed Morn,so I'll be prepping all day Tues. ,Fasting[no food just liquids] hope to lose some pounds by Thursday.I'll take it one way or the other.Wish me luck:goodluck:

nasus40
11-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Not much for me but work today, that is why I forgot if I ate for lunch I do not remember eating any thing OOOOPS I did I had 2 fire balls GOOD Gracious they were hot that should have made me leave them out of the mouth but NOOOO I did not even think of leaving them out of the mouth!!!! I will have to remember they are hot for a reason!!! :lol:

lilybelle
11-05-2006, 08:36 PM
I wanted to let you all know that I made the carb free chicken wings that are in the recipe section here and they were great. I'll definitely have them again.

riacoul
11-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Thanks Leenie! Yes, frost on the ground for sure, and the water in my bird bath is frozen! I got some exercise today by cleaning, then my ex came over and we pull up the carpeing on my lower level, and removed all of the tack strip and moulding. We lost our power for about 30 minutes this evening too! What a night. But, overall, my carb count has been good and I feel good. I'm sticking to 30 - 40 grams per day, and today I had 44... oops... it was the artichoke that put me over the edge! I'm still having my Jello and Cool Whip though! Gotta have my sweets.

Hugs to all!