South Beach Diet - Phase I Start/Restart - Week of October 29.

Ruthxxx
10-30-2006, 06:20 AM
Please post menus, questions and victories in this thread.

amelie77
10-30-2006, 07:23 AM
I started phase 1 on Saturday. I haven't been on the beach for a while, and decided I needed to get back. Winter is coming, and I need my Jeans and pants to fit! Maybe some of you experienced chicks can help me with my menu. Here is what I ate yesterday. Felt like a lot of food.

B- 3 egg muffins made with half eggs half egg beaters, canadian bacon, and lf cheese (I ate three because they came out really small!)

L- chickan divan from the previous night. Yum!

s- Spicy V8 and two slices of sharp cheddar

d- small portion of turkey breast tenderloin and green beans

s- peanut butter cup

chellez
10-30-2006, 09:35 AM
:mad: I hate being sick.... it makes me grumpy and hungry and worse... gain weight! :tantrum:

I gained 1.5 lbs over the weekend but i'm not changing my counter just yet... I'm going to exercise this week really good so hopefully it all goes away quickly. ;)

Saturday and Sunday I barely ate anything but carbs and I had 2 halloween cupcakes I made. :devil: I'm reducing my calories a lot this week, not to mention we need to go to the store. So I don't recommend anyone trying to follow my menu this week.

On The Menu Today:

Breakfast (8:00 am): 6 slices of deli sliced turkey (low fat); 1 slice of fat free cheese; Tazo Chai Tea with 1/2 tsp of Splenda

Snack (10:30 am): 6 slices of deli sliced turkey (low fat); Tazo Chai Tea with 1/2 tsp of Splenda

Lunch (12:00 pm): 2 cups of mixed greens salad with 2 tbsp of olive oil and vinegar dressing; 3 slices of deli sliced turkey (low fat)

Snack (3:30 pm): 15 almonds

Dinner (7:30 pm): Baked Chicken Breast with green giant veggie mix in herb sauce

Dessert (9:30 pm): 1/3 cup of Dannon Nonfat Vanilla Yogurt

Fitday Calorie Count: 976

Kim_Star060404
10-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Since P1 is hard for me, I'm planning on logging everything daily. Feel free to critique me on my eating and workouts! Here's today's plan: (I'll edit it to say wether or not I stayed OP).

B: 2 eggs scrambled w/ 1/4 c. onions, 4 oz. V8, 8 oz skim milk
S: Celery and PS String cheese
L: LF Deli turkey over 2 c. tossed salad
S: Activia yogurt (not exactly OP, but I need the digestion help) and handful of toasted pumpkin seeds
D: Lean roast, steamed broccoli and salad
D: SF Fudgesicle
W: 120 oz (60 oz so far)
E: 60 minute treadmill - done & 30 minute pilates

chellez
10-30-2006, 10:38 AM
doing good kim! only thing I would suggest is taking out the 8 oz skim milk cause thats Phase 2 unless you are doing a phase 1.5 ;)

Barb0522
10-30-2006, 12:06 PM
skim milk is allowed in phase 1. Check out the updated food list.

Remember to get your 4 1/2 cups of vegetables a day.

Kim_Star060404
10-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Thanks Barb, I usually eat 2 cups of veggies at lunch and dinner each and then fill in with celery at snacks and some veggies with breakfast. I drink 4 oz of V8 daily, but I only use it to fill in as a last resort if I'm lacking -- I prefer fresh veggies over everything.

Since skim milk is P1 approved, I'm good, but I'd drink it even if it wasn't as I'm super-high risk for calcium deficiency due to ethnicity and family history. I also take a calcium supplement daily, but I prefer to get 50% of it from dairy products that are SB-approved.

chellez
10-30-2006, 12:43 PM
oops! well don't I feel sheepish! :dizzy:

floridarusty
10-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Day one over and did pretty well I think.

1egg & 1 eggbeater scrambled with 1/4c mushrms & 1/4 c onion with 1/4 c shredded lf cheese, 1 can tomatoe juice, coffee

snack: 1 lite cheese stick

Lunch: 1 baked chicken breast, 1/4 c cauilflower and celery

Snack: 1 stalk celery/lite laughing cow cheese

Dinner: Steak (grilled out) cauilflower mashed potatoes, baked summer squash, cherry tomatoes

Snack: Riccota/almond flavoring.

Had about 64 oz. of water and 1 glass of ice tea.

Phyllis

chellez
10-31-2006, 09:47 AM
On The Menu Today:

Breakfast (8:00 am): 6 slices of deli sliced turkey (low fat); 1 slice of fat free cheese; Tazo Chai Tea with 1/2 tsp of Splenda

Snack (10:30 am): 3 slices of deli sliced turkey (low fat); 1/2 cup of raw snow peas; Tazo Chai Tea with 1/2 tsp of Splenda

Lunch (12:00 pm): 2 cups of mixed greens salad with 2 tbsp of Lighten Up! Newman's Own honey mustard dressing; 3 slices of deli sliced turkey (low fat); 1 slice of fat free cheese

Dinner (7:30 pm): 2 Tacos = 1/2 ground beef, shredded cheese & tablespoon of sourcream; 1 cup of whole snow peas

Schatzi
10-31-2006, 10:00 AM
Florida! Well done! Looks like you got yer protein, and veggies in --and got yer dairy through the cheese.. Maybe some yogurt or milk and legumes can be added through the week!

Chellez! What are you on a :turkey: kick :lol: Looks like plenty of protein and veggies --looks like you might want to add more dairy too.. And darlin EAT EAT MUNJA!! Shoot for at least 1200 cals a day!!! :hug:

jubileloo
10-31-2006, 11:51 AM
i did the south beach diet about 2 years ago and lost 45 lbs. i have gained in 2 years 15 lbs back and lost 5 just by dieting. i would like to finish my goal and get down to 110. I started the south beach again on monday so i am hoping that i can be good. the hardest thing i have giving up is diet coke. i drink lots during the day and want to limit it to one can a day. i have already had 2 20 oz bottles today and it is not lunch. i hope by posting i can keep my self straight.

chellez
10-31-2006, 12:44 PM
Chellez! What are you on a :turkey: kick :lol: Looks like plenty of protein and veggies --looks like you might want to add more dairy too.. And darlin EAT EAT MUNJA!! Shoot for at least 1200 cals a day!!! :hug:

I buy the packs of turkey lunch meat because its the leanest meat I can find out of all of them. We usually eat a different meat at dinner time so I'm all turkey all day til then. I get most of my calcium and vitamin D from my One A Day Women's Plus Calcium I take in the morning. Plus I think milk makes my tummy feel yucky if I have a lot of it. :bubbles:

The 1200 calories is a bit much for me suprisingly.... I had a buddy I talk to on here tell me I need to be around 1100 to 1200 and I was gaining not losing when I tried to increase. But that could have been cause I wasn't exercising either :dizzy: I don't feel famished staying under 1000 calories which is odd, but I'm loving the weight loss I'm seeing! :D

kellyis
10-31-2006, 12:49 PM
i'm new to the Beach, where does Mayo fit in? Should it be low fat? Also I take Juice +. Is that OK?:?:

Ruthxxx
10-31-2006, 01:40 PM
Kellyis, welcome to The Beach.
Have you read the book? Phase I does not allow fruit or fruit juices so better lose the juice. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions section for the Phase I foodlist.

RocknRoll
10-31-2006, 09:25 PM
Today was my second day on phase one and i must admit that i'm feeling GREAT! I've worked out both days and my eating has been awesome despite having maybe too much cheese (how much are you guys eating? i'm a vegan turned veggie so i'm loving cheese right now!)

i cant believe i made it through halloween without even having a nibble! Huge victory for me :) Another great thing is its 9:30 pm and i'm excited for my 5:40 pm exercise tomorrow~!!

floridarusty
11-01-2006, 09:01 AM
My stomach had a really hard time with all the veggies....even cooked. I have IBS. Is it posted somewhere what phase 1.5 is? Or will it hurt the weight loss if I cut down on the veggies and take a vitiman pill?

I really liked the foods and would like to try to find someway to stay on this.

Phyllis

Schatzi
11-01-2006, 09:29 AM
Phyllis :hug: you have to do what is best for you! If eating all the veggies causes you discomfort,then I would cut down on those that you know aggravate your condition. Take a vitamin, and If you can handle a fiber pill I would take that too.

Phase 1.5 is something I think we fat chicks made up. What it means is eating mostly on Phase 1 with maybe up to 2 phase 2 items per day.. For example, having all phase one except having one fruit ...or oatmeal as breakfast with fruit... or all phase 1 and 1/2 a cup of WW pasta for dinner...
Some folks find that certain phase 2 foods are a trigger.. and then they crave bready or sweet carbs through the day... so when listening to your body it's easier to "listen" to the effects of 1 carb than loading up on phase 2 carbs making it difficult to isolate how you react to certain foods...
So Phase 1.5 is really customizing SBD to our own uniqueness.
Hope this helps

Allycat :cp: and :bravo: on resisting the candy!

floridarusty
11-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Thanks Schatzi I will try cutting out the veggies that offend first and maybe adding 1 fruit/day and see how that goes.

Phyllis

Schatzi
11-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Another thought.. can you handle V8? That might be a good way to get in a vegetable serving..:)

KnitALisa
11-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Mmmmm! V8! I mix a little bit of the spicy kind with a lot of the low sodium kind, stick a piece of celery in it, and pretend I'm having a yummy Bloody Mary.

chellez
11-01-2006, 08:59 PM
On The Menu Today:

Snack (10:30 am): 3 slices of deli sliced turkey (low fat); 1 cup of raw snow peas; Tazo Chai Tea with 1/2 tsp of Splenda

Lunch (12:00 pm): 1 South Beach Diet Lunch - Turkey and Bacon Club Wraps without the Jello

Dinner (7:30 pm): 1 slice of lean meatloaf with no breadcrumbs & low sodium tomato sauce; 1 cup of green beans

chellez
11-02-2006, 10:38 AM
On The Menu Today:

Breakfast (8:00 am): 6 slices of deli sliced turkey (low fat); 1 slice of fat free cheese; Tazo Chai Tea with 1/2 tsp of Splenda; One a Day Women's Multivitamin

Snack (10:30 am): 3 slices of deli sliced turkey (low fat); 1 slice of fat free cheese; Tazo Chai Tea with 1/2 tsp of Splenda

Lunch (12:00 pm): 1 South Beach Diet Lunch - Grilled Chicken Caeser Wraps without the Jello

Dinner (7:30 pm): 1 Chicken Parmesan without breadcrumbs and low sodium tomato sauce; 1 cup of green beans

floridarusty
11-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Just checking in, I added 1 fruit at breakfast and left out a veggie there and that has seemed to help my stomach quite a bit.

Have lost 1.5 lbs. since Monday......I'm happy!

Phyllis