South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 05:16 PM   #1  

Default Scariest Movies

MooooooHaHa ! Tis the time of year!!!!

So I got to wonder'n, what are some of the scariest, unsettling or gory movies that effected you?? Here are the 2 that still to this day scare me! Of course since I'm an old bat they may have been made before some of ya young whippersnappers could scream...

Of course THE EXORCIST- saw it as a 8th grade graduation get together... and a kind of obscure canadian flick called "BLACK CHRISTMAS" --
Both of them STILL scare me and screw with my head
l

So what scary spooky flicks give you the heebie jeebies
Old 10-29-2006, 06:36 PM   #2  

i agree the exorcist is still scary! andi love THE SHINING
Old 10-29-2006, 08:09 PM   #3  

Yep, The Exorcist has got to be at the top of my list. I'm not sure that I would ever watch that again. I do watch The Shining from time to time when it's on. Another one that wasn't gory, but messes with your head is Fallen with Denzel Washington.

Speaking of scary movies, Sleepy Hollow is supposed to be on TNT right now. Better go.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:54 PM   #4  

I saw Dawn of the Dead when I was a teenager and had nightmares for years! I don't care very much for scary movies and really hate gory ones.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:52 PM   #5  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Ok I'm a big scardey cat dork, but the Sixth Sense scared me witless!!! Hee, my mom had to sleep with me that night, I was so terrified. Same thing with Carrie (the evil Jesus! GAAAHHH! The hand! EEEK) and I actually spent the night in my tub after watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre. (I was housesitting alone way out in the boonies and the bathroom door was the only one that locked.)
Old 10-30-2006, 09:05 AM   #6  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I'd have to say the movie that creeped me out the most has been "The Hills Have Eyes" but you have to get the unrated version on dvd.

The first time I saw it we were all in my living room in the dark... it's a lot of gore so those that can't handle that kind of stuff beware.

We are watching The Exorcism of Emily Rose for our Halloween movie.... I haven't seen it yet but Daniel says its freaky.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/196/170

Height: 6'

I'm going to be having a personal horror-movie marathon tomorrow. I'm going to be watching "Audition", "Cabin Fever", and "Saw", all of which are nice and gory and very disturbing. I'd have to say my favorite scary movies are "Carrie" and "Resident Evil", neither of which really scare me, I just enjoy them. (Hey, it takes a lot to creep me out).
Old 10-30-2006, 12:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/180/145

Height: 5'8"

It doesn't take much to terrify me... I've never seen the Exorcist or Carrie, but I was watching War of the Worlds the other night at home alone doing laundry and I got scared to go into the basement to put the clothes in the dryer ! Phoned BF and made him talk to me on the phone until I was out of the basement ! THAT's pretty sad isn't it?

Now, that being said, I have seen Saw 1 and Saw 2 and found that if I close my eyes at the gore part, it's not so bad. The psychological aspect of it screws with my head, but I have a degree in psychology so I can remove myself enough from the gore and then the movie becomes a challenge for me to try and figure out - like a jigsaw puzzle. Cool.

I watched Titus a couple years ago and one of the images is still burned in my mind.

I have to be really careful. I get terrible nightmares and I don't know where half the stuff comes from, so I don't need any additional bloody imagery to mess with my head...

It may have started when I was young... I saw Dracula in my basement (the black and white version) and I was so scared. I ran upstairs to discover it was still the middle of the afternoon, but couldn't get myself to go back downstairs for the life of me.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

I thought the Exorcist was so-so as far as scariness. Of course, I didn't see it until I was 23, so that's probably why. No childhood trauma for me. Exorcist the Beginning was pretty freaky, but too predictable, I thought.

The scariest HAS to be the Exorcism of Emily Rose. That one really did a number on me!! I HATE waking up at 3 am ever since seeing it!!
Old 10-30-2006, 09:14 PM   #10  

The Exorcism of Emily Rose is a great movie - kinda like a horror movie meets courtroom drama.

SE7EN scared the daylights out of me the first time I saw it. It is similar to "Saw" but the killer is far more developed and interesting. You really get into his head. If you like Saw you will like Seven. And Brad Pitt's not too bad either.
Closed Thread