100 lb. Club - What can you do about bloating?

View Full Version : What can you do about bloating?

jellybelly06
10-29-2006, 09:06 AM
This morning when I woke up, I knew the # was going to be up on the scale. I am so bloated today! It is not my TOM and I am drinking water. I could drink more, but I am drinking. I don't have to much salt in my diet. Any Ideas on what I can do? I was going to take Sundays off for exercising, but I feel so bloated I wonder if exercising will help. Anything you could think of would be great! Thanks! Jelly

nelie
10-29-2006, 09:12 AM
How about a brisk walk? That might help you with the bloating and it won't be to strenuous.

As for what caused the bloating, did you eat anything heavily starchy last night? I know when I eat a bigger meal than I should, I feel bloated as well as if I eat a carb-heavy meal rather than a balanced meal.

Sheila53
10-29-2006, 02:19 PM
I think a brisk walk is a great idea. And keep on drinking that water.

Did you drink any diet soda? When I used to drink soda, I'd be terribly bloated. Also, if you are consuming more fiber than you're used to, that can cause bloating, too. Some people have that reaction to food allergens, although they're not aware they are allergic to a particular food. You might want to journal what you eat/drink and make note of the bloating to see if it occurs when you eat certain foods.

kfs151
10-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Water, so much water you never want to see another glass! Keep it up for a couple of days and usually my body will let go of the extra and then I can go back to "only" drinking 64 - 80 oz.

Cheryl14
11-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Hi Jelly!

I read awhile ago that to metabolize carbohydrates the body requires more water. It is possible that you may be eating more carbs than your body needs, and the water is just helping to metabolize them. Try adding more proteins and reducing carbs while keeping up your water amounts. This helped me.

Cheryl

SuchAPrettyFace
11-12-2006, 03:24 AM
What can you do about bloating? Less salt.

beautifulone
11-13-2006, 10:31 AM
I feel like I should know this :^: but... what is the feeling of being bloated? How do you know that you're feeling bloated?