General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 11:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 / 180/ 160

Height: 5'8"

Default poll: first scary memory? (it IS halloweeeeeen)

I'm curious - do anyy of you remember your first "scary moment / memory?"

I'm currently watching the travel channel on haunted attractions around america...

i just called my mom to talk about something and started telling her about this show. then i remembered...

I honestly think one of my first ever memories - I was about 3 years old and my parents took me to a haunted house (which was really in a trailer) - and I always remembered it was in a trailer...but i remember specifically - they had to stop and let me out in the middle of the haunted house - my dad was carrying me - and I think it was when the frankenstein monster was coming out - i just remember SCREAMING and literally trying to crawl INTO my dad's skin. my mom swears they had to literally PRY me out of my dad's arms after i got let out of the haunted house. I don't think i've ever been so scared in my entire life.

i just asked if she and tom (my brother) were there and she said, yeah - tom probably was (he'd have been 7 or 8) and mom was outside waiting - she wouldn't go in.

but yeah - this is one of my first ever memories - and i always think about it around halloween...cuz - even though i was three - I also remember that this haunted trailer was in south haven - which is the neighborhood where I grew up after my parents moved there when I was 7 - so at the time of this memory - we were still living in the next town over. and I also remember it was where the burger king now is. those are the details i remember so clearly...and i was only three! actually - being that my bday is in august and halloween is october - i'd have only just TURNED three.

but yeah - to this day i just remember being on my dad's shoulder screaming my head off literally trying to crawl INTO his skin. i'm not sure i've EVER been THAT scared.

anyone else remember their first scary moment?
Old 10-28-2006, 11:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

My first Halloween trick or treating I was 3. My mom barely got me to the neighbours and i wanted to go home. As soon as we left our house kids in mask were in our driveway and had to walk past me . Needkless to say I only went to one house. lol
Old 10-29-2006, 11:47 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

I was about 5yo maybe less. I was ET (the extra terrestrial) for halloween. We went up to a door, there must have been 15-20 steps up to the porch. We rang the doorbell, a man jumped out wearing the scariest werewolf mask in the world! (well to a 5yo anyway) I jumped off the porch, yup all 15-20 steps and landed on in my moms arms. The man felt so bad we got lots and lots of candy from him.

I will never ever forget that! In fact every halloween my mom tells the story and laughs so hard about it!
Old 10-29-2006, 01:20 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I was about 5 yrs. old. We lived in the country and had a big peach tree with limbs that went all the way to the ground. I crawled under there to play. I looked around and saw huge tarantulas everywhere. At least 10 of them. I was scared to death. I didn't know how to get out without having the spiders on me. I started screaming. To this day, I freak out if I see a spider.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

When I was about 3-4 years old I had a horrible dream about my one of my uncles killing off my family in my house. Not sure where that one came from, I barely know my uncles. It was very vivid and if I think hard about it I can still remember all of the dream. Then when I was about 4-5, Ghostbusters came out and we went to see it at the theater. I wasn't too bad there, but when we went to our neighbor's house afterwards I freaked! I had to go the bathroom and I refused to go anywhere without a light already on.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:52 AM   #6  

My older siblings were babysitting me, I think I was around 5 or 6 and they let me watch a horror movie called Sixth Sense (real old B movie). Anyway in the movie there was a mummy and everytime he got into someone's room their doorknob would turn into a glass doorknob. Well almost all the knobs in our house were glass door knobs and I couldn't sleep for nights. My older siblings got in trouble for not letting me watch the movie!
Old 10-30-2006, 02:46 PM   #7  
plucky clucky

S/C/G: 228/228/130 or less

Height: 5" 5'

When I was around 5 years old, I slept in the basement of our house and I had a doll that I never really liked. Well anyway, one night I woke up to a noise and the doll was on the floor with its eyes glowing. I fell back asleep (or passed out in terror) and the doll was on my chest/stomach. I threw it under my bed and heard it hit the wall, but the next morning it was on my dresser. I kept the doll but I packed it a box of toys. I was going through my stuff while it was in storage (about a year and a half ago) and the doll was there. But recently (last summer) when I brought my stuff home the doll was gone out of the box. No one had access to my things except me and my dad and he absolutely would not mess with my stuff. No one would have taken it and the rest of the boxes contents were there. Only the doll was missing. It still bugs me.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:13 PM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Lily: OMG I hate spiders :shudder:
Brave: your story gave me goosebumps!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 374/362/250

Living in the country, we went to a funeral on Halloween night. I was about 6 0r 7. Some ninjas came from nowhere and scared us so bad. I remember thinking it was the end of he world. The were going to a party and wa strying to get directions but I was convinced they wanted to hurt us.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:14 PM   #10  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I don't remember how old I was, but it couldn't have been more than 8, as that's the last time I lived in the house where this happened. But my aunt and her daughter's came over early one morning, while I was still sleeping. My bratty cousin found a HUGE waterbug and put it on my chest. I awoke with it crawling up my face.
Closed Thread