Support Groups - Weight Loss and ChitChat #218!

View Full Version : Weight Loss and ChitChat #218!

Marti
10-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement :grouphug:on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting :gossip:. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.

Marti
10-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Sorry ladies for being MIA. I have a slight cold and I'm totally exhausted!! I get up tired, and I go to bed extremely tired. No way to spend a day!!

Just wanted to post a little so you all don't worry. I'll check in when feeling better.

Hugs to you all!:hug:

Michelle
10-26-2006, 11:58 AM
MARTI...Hope you're feeling better soon!:( :hug:

Katiecat
10-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Hi ladies, just checking in real quick.

Friday I made the 10 hour drive down to Vegas, and spent most of the time through Monday afternoon at the hospice with my foster dad and the family. He recognized me (after almost 20 years), and was able to communicate a little bit, but he went downhill fast. The hospice workers were great, very caring and gentle, and kept him on lots of meds so he wasn't in pain and he wasn't anxious or scared. But, man, cancer is a hard way to go. I left Vegas Monday at 5pm, and got as far as Bakersfield at 11 before I had to stop and rest. I drove the rest of the way to Sacramento on Tuesday -- and Kim called me Wednesday and said her dad died on Tuesday. The funeral is tomorrow at 1:00, but I can't make the trip back to Vegas again. I'm just so glad I got to see him and say goodbye.

I have my EMG test in an hour and a half, and I'm scared and sick to my stomach. I've had one before, so I know what to expect, but it's ugly and it hurts and I've been dreading it. Oh well...it will be over soon, I guess. Then I see my surgeon again tomorrow, and she'll tell me if I'm going back to work on Monday. I'm just so frustrated because my arm hurts just like it did before I even had the stupid surgery in February, and I may be going back to the same job doing the same thing that hurt me in the first place. But I'm also scared that my doctor is going to say I can't do that job anymore, and then what will I do? Neither outcome is very encouraging.

Anyway, I'll stop now -- sorry to be such a downer, ladies. I'll come back in a day or two when I know more.

FrouFrou
10-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Hello ladies...

Sorry I've not been in here a while...been in a mood and not wanting to do much of anything. Or I should say, not wanting to post. I have kept the house clean though so that's something.

NORMA...I used to be very organized. Not so much now. I try but I just keep making messes and piles, lol. The Christmas cards though is something I have always done early. Just happened to be thinking abou tit one day and had DH bring the tub up from the basement. I don't always have leftover cards but I always have cards. I am a card-aholic for sure. I see some I like and can never make up my mind so I will end up buying two or three different ones. Then after Christmas if I happen to think of it I will go to Hallmark and see what they have on sale for 50 or 75% off and buy more, lol! So, I always have Christmas cards. And I save all my cards that I receive ever year and they too are in the tub along with Christmas address labels and anything else Christmas related, stationery that is. Hope you are having a good day.

MARY KATE...so sorry to hear of your foster dads passing. At least you did get to see him one last time. Sorry you have been so frustrated with your arm. I know all too well the pain you are going through, well, sort of. I have pain in mine too but have just been putting up with it because I don't want to take drugs. I am going to the doc soon about it though because the last few days have been horrible and I've not been able to sleep good. I have to lay a certain way on my left side and can't even do that for long. But I sure could use some strong pain pills right now, lol. Hope the EMG wasn't/isn't too bad for you. Being in pain is the pits and I am sorry you are having such pain. Maybe it's time to look for a new career? I know that doesn't help at a time like this but maybe it is a sign. I guess I always look at things in that they happen for a reason. Is there something else that you could do within the company you work for? Okay, I'm probably not helping much...and you are not a downer so don't think that way. It's just frustrating for you and we know that. Lots of hugs and prayers for you for a good outcome and for some painless days and nights. :hug: :hug: :hug: Oh, almost forgot...I just got around to sending Eric a card and some chocolates today. I meant to do it last week...better late than never though I guess. He should get it by Saturday, the latest Monday. A nice Happy Halloween treat for him.

SASSY...I don't even know how to begin to thank you for all that you sent. We received the package yesterday and I was amazed at all you sent missy! It is very much appreciated by us as I know it will be by the troops! THANK YOU very much from the bottom of our hearts! You know, I never thought about doing the popcorn...so that will be an added little treat for them. I'm going to get toothbrushes tomorrow from our dental group. DH finally called today. The lady said they didn't have any dental floss...hey, I'm happy they are willing to give the toothbrushes! So, now all I need to get is the candy canes and socks. Oh, and a few more razors...I think 20, bought a few today and need to do a count again. Then about 10 carmex...may be less now. Anyway...hugs to you and many thanks! :hug: :thanks:

MICHELLE...hope you are feeling a little better today. I know you are missing your momma and you always will but she will always be with you in spirit. And try not to beat yourself up too much. There's nothing you could have done different so please don't do the guilt trip or the regret trip. It makes it worse on you sweetie. :hug: :hug:

JANE...sorry I didn't get in here to wish you a good trip...better late than never I guess. I know you will have a fantastic journey. :hug: The tub, yes...it is a plastic tub. DOn't even want to think about redoing the bathrooms even though we do plan on redoing the main one sometime in the near future, maybe. Just a new tub with tile around it and flooring and a pedastal sink of some kind.

JULES...how are you doing missy? How is DD coming along with the apartment hunting? I saw on the general thread about the landlord, ugh. Good thing she's getting out of that place soon. She doesn't need to have the burden of that dummy.

MARTI...hope you get to feeling better soon.

HI SUE :wave:

Okay, who am I forgetting? It's hard remembering what was said on the last thread without going back and taking a break. This was the last thread I needed to catch up on and it was when Jeopardy came on, lol. Had to go play. Anyway, forgive me if I've forgotten anyone. That's about all I have. I want to go fold a load of laundry before I have to start dinner. Chat with you all soon.

Take care and have a good evening. :hug:

suetalks
10-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Just a quick drop in...

I got the release from my pulmonary Dr. today...don't have to see him again. The spot was actually scar tissue. (after 2 years of watching to make sure)

Gloomy, dreary, rainy day here and I had to go out. ugh. Bought groceries after the Dr. and came home to be lazy.

Not much else.....

Michelle
10-26-2006, 11:58 PM
MARY KATE...I'm so sorry about your Foster Dad's passing, but so happy you could get there to be with him and he knew you still. I pray that your tests came through okay today, and that you get relief very soon.:hug:

CRISTINA...I'm so sorry you have been having a hard time with the mood. That's been happening with me so much lately, constantly up and down. I try not to beat myself up and thing negative thoughts, but they still slip in there once in awhile. One of our close friends lost her husband today to a very long horrible battle with cancer. Sad things just keep popping up, and I will be so happy when there are brighter days ahead.:( :hug:

SUE...So glad that your tests came back good and you're clear to go now. My worst thing is grocery shopping, and I've gotten so I hate doing it alone. I like my DH to go, but it's hard to fit it in with him working two jobs.:hug:

JJPhat
10-27-2006, 04:49 AM
Good morning all--I thought I would pop in here and let everyone know I'm alive and well. I guess I'm not the only one who has been away, from all of the messages I've read, a lot of us are sick or mourning.

I am very sorry to hear of the losses and all of the cancer I am reading about.

Katiecat--I am sorry about your loss. It is good that your foster father recognized you when you went. It is also good to have that closure. About your EMG--I had a friend who had to have one, as you described she said it was very painful. I hate to hear that you have to go through this. I will pray that you will not be in so much pain. You are not a downer at all. Besides you can't keep it in, that leads to depression and depression often leads to eating or lethergy, which are two main reasons for gaining weight. I will also pray about your arm. Hang in there.

Marti--I am sorry to hear you are sick. Lots of rest and fluids..lol Isn't that what eveyone says, well, let me be a conformer for now...LOL Kiwi has more vitamin C in it than oranges. However, I just drink immunity defense orange juice when I feel like I'm going to get sick. I don't get sick.

Cristina--It's funny, you said you used to be organized but now you just keep making piles. I am exactly that way. I used to be crazy clean. My mom would have us "spring cleaning" on Saturdays. She was a fanatic to be clean, I was always having to do SOMETHING. When I got older I stayed that way for a while, then realized that I wouldn't get in trouble if I didn't clean up right away. Now, I'm in trouble...lol I am not a complete loss and I am working on organizing what is here but it is slow going. Military housing is not all that wonderful. We have less than 900 square feet and are a family of 6. I keep wanting to throw things away because they look like clutter but really, it's just small in here. That's not to say we don't have some clutter, it's just not as much as I keep thinking..lol I think most of my problem is procrastination. I think procrastination must be like pork, you know how they say "pork, the other white meat"? Well, I say, "procrastination, the other lazy" LOL (this message was not intended to harm procrastinators--say this with a commercial disclaimer voice) I'm so glad that you love cards, I love cards too. Not getting them as much as giving them. I make them. I also teach others how to make thier own. You could be making your cards and saving yourself some dough instead of making Hallmark rich..lol However, on that note, my favorite card character is Maxine from shoebox greetings. If you know anything about Maxine then you know about my kind of humor. Not for everyone..lol In fact, I had a migraine while talking over yahoo chat to a friend in the states. I told her that I was waiting for the Tylenol to kick in. She said that Excedrin migraine medicine cures all the ails of the brain. I said, "great, maybe I should start handing them out to stupid people" she didn't get it. AHAHAHA anyway, my kids heard me, now, every time someone does or says anything "less wise" lol SOMEONE in this house asks them if they need some Excedrin...lol (we don't tell people outside though just a family joke) BTW my friend began to laugh histerically about 15 minutes later, it wasn't during a time when we were making jokes. She said she got it...lol

Jane--I'm trying to pop in here more. It is hard because hubby is on leave and I feel like I'm taking up my time with him when I type on the computer. He will be gone for 3 months come Nov 4th and I know I'm going to miss him as soon as he walks out the door. It always feels like a vital organ has been removed when he leaves. He is my very best friend and it is hard to live without seeing him every day. So, when he goes, I may be on here more. Who knows. Thank you so much for the post card. It's nice to know that someone is thinking about me, you know someone I DON'T annoy..LOL

Well, to everyone else, I hope your day is bright and you are successful in your weight loss indeavors. I thought I should put SOMETHING about weight loss or exercise in here....LOL I have been walking a couple of miles every day. I must say, though I am very patriotic from being here that I do love one thing about Germany (not that I hate it here) I love that they made it a point to put in sidewalks and trails and all kinds of things so that people can walk and/or bike wherever they want to go without crossing major roads and all of that. Usually, when you want to cross a 4 lane or something big like that, you will find stairs that go under the street and come up on the other side. It is fantastic. They also leave as much nature up as they can, they are not quick to take out all of the trees, so my walk is also a nature hike at the same time. It is beautiful this time of year. All of the burst of colors. It really makes me happy to be alive. I LOVE AUTUMN!! So, ladies, find a place where you think it's the most beautiful. Walk around there. Be happy to be alive. It helps with weight loss I'm sure.

Well, my blabber fingers have gotten away with me for too long now, so I will let you all rest your eyes. Thank you for indulging me by reading..lol

Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Tiffany

harkeyvalley
10-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Hi All, Just a short note here. Look at my weight!!!! I've been a very good girl. Actually, I'm killing my self with all the painting. I wish I had a dollar for every step up and down that silly ladder. I'm down 5 lbs. I'll been losing all week but I just now hit 248.5 and I thought I should post the change. My utility room is looking really great and I made myself a real nice scrapbooking corner with everything at arms reach. I'll take pictures when I have it all decorated. I hope you all are in good spirits and on the mend. Happy weight losses to you all!
Norma

Sassy_Chick
10-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Hey all.

Well I got my exercise in this morning, unexpectingly but I did. First I was ill all night at work, managed to get through, we are driving home, we ALMOST make it when our car starts dying, again. (We've been having problems with it all week and hub has been working on it all week) So instead of risking it dying in the middle of nowhere or on a hill, we leave it at the local hotel. So we walk home, in the rain, mostly uphill, it was a mile and a 1/2! But we made it. Now most of you that walk regularly may think well big deal. But for this FC it was a HUGE deal. Like I said it was mostly all up hill add on top of that it was raining and add on top of that I was ill and also I have a spinal injury as well.

So we had to stop a couple times but we made it, helping each other. I looked at that walk like our marriage. We haven't always had it easy and sometimes we have had to "walk uphill in the rain" but we did it together, helping each other every "step" of the way. (metaphorically speaking).

My husband is truely and honestly my best friend and helps me through the rough times, and we celebrate the good times. Nobody else has ever done that for me except maybe for my mother.

Anywho. FIL came over and now they are currently trying to get our car home at least. We are going to HAVE to go and buy a new car now. Even if we do "fix" our car, we are still going to buy another car as this car we have now is old and has lots of mileage on it and we don't want to be stranded this winter.

Anyways that was my morning.

Cristina -- my pleasure to help out the troops! ;) I always wanted to do something, only I didn't know "what" to do. So I'm so happy that I could actually "DO" something!!!!! I hope that they enjoy it all and I hope they like my poem I wrote them. I didn't know what to "say" in a letter so I wrote a poem instead.........

I hope everybody is doing well today. As for me I'm not going to work today. I already emailled my boss lastnight so she had a lot of warning to get someone else in. Hub also spoke with her this morning because of our car issue we didn't know how we would even get to work. So she said she understood and would ask the other guy we work with tonight to come in early. Later on after many attempts to try to get a hold of our mechanic with no luck, hub called her back and said he might not be in. She understood that things happen.

So anyways. Please pray to the "Car Gods" that we can fix our car temporarily.

P.S. Just wanted to add they got our car home, it sounds like crap, but they got it home at least.

:hug:

FrouFrou
10-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Hi ladies...

In a little better mood today. DS and I went to lunch, we haven't done that in a while. He is too busy with work and school. So today we went for lunch and then to the pet store so he could get some things for his bird...the one I keep telling him is going to die from loneliness. Then off to Target and to Nifty Fifty, the 50% off store that he hadn't heard about. I did good and only spent $20. Well, actually a little more because lunch was my treat. Anyway...we had a nice day. Brought my spirits up a little. I think I am just missing and worrying about Josh a lot.

TIFFANY...you are so right. Today while out and about we were totally taken in by the colors of fall. The trees and some shrubs are just gorgeous! A little windy but a beautiful day! I have to agree...I too am a procrastinator...big time! But then I get in moods and do great for a while. I used to have the perfect little house, clean and organized. Then DH#1 ws killed and I learned that there is more to life than having a perfectly clean and organized home. Although, I miss having it. My house is clean but not spotless like back then. Yeah, I think Hallmark gets a big chunk of my, er DH's money. I would love to get started making my own cards but I am having a hard enough time doing the scrapbooking, lol! And yes I am familiar with Maxine...the kids say I am her, lol! WTG on your walking! :carrot:

SASSY...well, hopefully you guys can get a new car soon. And WTG on the walk! You may not have wanted to do it but you and hubby both did it! :carrot: Hills kill me too! And stairs...it doesn't matter how much I walk the stairs still get to me for some reason. I can walk three miles or more (3 at a time) but going up and down our basement stairs, omg! They leave me breathless every time. And I think the poem is great! I am and have never been good with words...I think that's why I buy and send cards. I will be praying to the car gods for ya. :hug:

SUE...WTG on the tests! Bet that is a big relief to you. We have had the same weather. Yesterday it was dreary all day and this morning, early, we had thunderstorms. We need the rain though. And it was cold and windy. But by 1:30 the sun was shining and it turned out to be a beautiful day after all.

NORMA...:carrot: :cp: :dance: :dancer: :high: :cheer2: :woohoo: You are doing an awesome job with your weightloss! I am proud of you missy! :hug: Can't wait to see pictures of your room!

MICHELLE...how are you doing today? My mood was a little better today. Spent time with Jason (DS#1) and that brightened my day. We haven't done that in such a long time, or so it seems and I miss it. Of course DD and I spend a lot of time together. But I miss all my kids and have always spend time with each one separately...I think mostly I am missing and worrying about Josh. No news is good news, or so they say. I just worry too about what he is doing there, you know...how he is going to be mentally when he comes home from dealing with and seeing what he sees every day. I wish I wasn't a worrier, always have been though and I think it has worsened since their dad died. Sorry to hear about your friends husband. Hugs to you and her. :hug: :hug: There's been too much of that going around lately. And I hear ya about the brighter days...they will come soon.

MARY KATE...how did the EMG go yesterday? Hope it wasn't too bad for you. I guess I'm not clear on what it is and what all is involved. I thought I knew :shrug: I know I am wishing I could cut my arm off at the shoulder. I don't look forward to this winter at all. But I do plan on getting to doctor next week and finding the problem once and for all. Tired of living in pain. Anyway, I do hope you are fine.

Well, I better get going. I usually start dinner at 6, sometimes 6:30 but was busy today and didn't have my computer time. I feel cheated when I don't get it, lol! :lol:

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! :hug: :hug:

Sassy_Chick
10-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Hey Cristina.

Thanks. Hub said on the cars odmeter we walked 1.7 miles, so that is almost 2.0 miles! And all uphill, I'd say it IS 2 miles! lol.

I slept like a ROCK when we got home this morning! But this just goes to show that we CAN do this, granted I know this morning was a bit of a different situation, but it just goes to show that we CAN do it! :carrot:

We haven't yet gotten to the store to get "healthier" foods (because of our car situation) but we WILL go and buy healthy foods. Fruits, veggies, etc. I dunno I just feel like I just woke up out of a "coma" Where I feel like I've been "wasting" my time and energy on the "wrong" things in life. I just see the world as a new place and so many possibilities. Maybe someone had our car break down for a purpose so I would "wake up". Well I know this morning stank but I'm glad it happened.

Anyways. I used to write a lot more in my HS days, but have been a lot more laxed now a days.............and I hear you on stairs. They are a killer for hub big time. He has bad knees........

Oh and I wanted to pass on that Woman's Day current issue (has a gingerbread man on the cover) has a lot of good tips on healthy eating and holiday stuff too!

Take Care!

suetalks
10-27-2006, 10:44 PM
Evening ladies...
Another rainy day in Indiana. It is supposed to stop and let us see the sun for a couple days. Sure hope it does. I had been doing better at walking until this latest deluge. Baby is missing our walks too....she hates the rain.
Mom and I went to Target today. I found a jacket, I had looked every where for one I liked. And this was half price...Yay! Also got a pair of track pants. Then to Kohl's for 2 shirts and a pair of jeans. Took Mom to get her hair done and then we came home. My best friend came for a visit and we all worked on the puzzle.
We don't have anything planned for the week-end at all. I think I will start going through the rest of the pictures I have from our walls and decide what to hang back up. Then I need to finish cleaning. :(

Sassy- What a walk..and in the rain. It is clear that you and your DH take such good care of each other. Hope the car situation works out soon. Not fun to have a car down.

Cristina- I know it perks me up when I get to spend time with my DD. I just wish my other kids were here also, so I know how it is to miss them. I am just sorry that Josh is where he is..which is more worrisome. But, I am proud of him and all the guys doing that job! I know you are too, but you also have the worries...that's a Mom for you. :)

Norma- WAY TO GO chickie! You are doing great with the weight loss. Would like to see the photos of your paint/redecorating. I am still planning to post photos when my decorating is done.

Tiffany- Yes, the fall colors are really beautiful. They are to be at the peak this week-end here. I believe it...when I looked out the window earlier I was taken with the gold of the trees across from us. Then the tree in our yard is a vivid orange. If the sun had been shining it would have made a wonderful photo...the orange with the gold trees behind. Maybe tomorrow I can get that shot if it stops raining. I am seriously planning to start making cards...one of these days. I bought cardstock and envelopes on sale...and have been "looking" at some other items. I guess there is so much out there that I was overwhelmed. I looked at ink and stamps, but those can get so expensive....stamps for up tp $8.99 each...wow! So...once I decide where to start I will.

Mary Kate- Hope the test went well and that you have some news about what will happen now. I am sorry about the loss of your foster father, but glad you got to show him your love before he passed away.

DH is not due back for 6 days and sounds like he got the work done at our LV place. Tomorrow he gets to pick up DS and DSS...spend 4 days with them. Now I am feeling sorry for myself that I won't get to see my son.

**BIG drum roll**
We close on the sale of the house sometime before the 10th of Nov. It is a GO!

Sassy_Chick
10-27-2006, 11:20 PM
Hey Sue.

Yes its been raining, raining, raining here in Ohio too. I hope to see the Sun soon. :woohoo: 1/2 price is great, love that! :love:

Sassy- What a walk..and in the rain. It is clear that you and your DH take such good care of each other. Hope the car situation works out soon. Not fun to have a car down.

Yeah but I think we both needed it and not just in the physical sense neither. It was an eye opener that yes we can do it, together. :love: My DH can annoy the crap out me at times, but he is the bestest friend and partner ever. Thanks. Yeah especially since we sold the truck so now the broken down car is it. lol. Luckily FIL is lending us his car til we fix ours or get another one. lol.

Have a Good one!

Michelle
10-28-2006, 01:40 AM
NORMA... :bravo: You are doing so good with dropping those pounds, and gone forever!!!;) :carrot: :hug:

CRISTINA...Today was a little better because it was sunny out, but then I start thinking about things and get down again. Sunday will be so hard when we have to go move everything out of her place. We have no idea what all we'll find. Every time I have to go over to the assisted living home, it just brings up so many feelings.:( You are so much like me with worrying. I have been told this my practically every single family member. They all tell me I'm going to have health problems if I don't stop worrying so much, but I do try and I still end up doing the same thing. It's just the way I've always been, even when I was younger. I can see how you would worry about your children since their dad died, that's very understandable. I'm also glad you're doing better also.:) :hug:

jules1216
10-28-2006, 09:43 AM
MaryKate--sorry about your loss, FIL that passed in August struggled with pancreatic cancer, it's such a hard way to go, the kids and I were glad we made the trip to say goodbye to him too. Don't worry about being a downer because of your concerns and fears about your arm, anyone would be scared. Keep posting and get the support here.

Marti-I hate feeling tired all the time. I think stress does it to you. I have been taking some new vitamins and they seem to be helping. They are called "Alive" and I get them at the health food store, they are a little expensive but they seem to do more for me than the One a Day I had been taking.

Cristina--the landlord wasn't as nice as he first seemed. All the bad things the neighbors said turned out to be true. The girls even heard negative stuff about him at the town hall when they went to get the water turned on and the bills sent to them. He has a very bad reputation.

Tiffany--I love the fall colors and cooler temps myself. Good for you exercising. We were going to take a hike today but once again it is suppossed to rain all weekend and be beautiful during the work week. I have been bad and not going to the gym, but helping dd pack should count for something and moving day will definitely burn some calories!!

Norma--Hooray on the five pounds!!! Your scrapbooking corner soounds great. I need a hobby!!

Sue--it's going to be a rainy gloomy weekend here too!! Glad there is no problems and you got your release!! Yeah on your closing date and the LV house getting nearer to move in date!!

Sassy--I know what it is like to have car problems--I am hoping to get a new used car with lower mileage in June. DD also has alot of problems with her car. A friend of ours gave us a 2000 Honda Civic with a crunched in back end. The rear clip is $500 to $1000 but hubby can fix it. He's going to do it for dd instead of us. It has a little less than 80,000 miles and was one owner with no engine problems and had just had four new tires put on it before the wreck--none of which were damaged. DH just doesn't want dd to get stranded alone somewhere especially on some of the backroads she travels on. He says, we can afford payments on something newer when all our major loans are paid off -- between school and housing she doesn't have extra and we aren't sure her 90 Pontiac Sunbird will last another 2 to 3 years until she finishes the Accounting degree and gets a job with it.

Michelle--you are in my thoughts during this rough time.

Jane--Is this your retreat weekend?? I went to a Women's retreat in this area several years ago and it was so wonderful. I felt spiritually renewed afterwards and I need to go again.

jules1216
10-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Update on DD:
She will be moving somewhere next weekend.....she didn't get the apartment she was hoping to get. When we looked at it is we $500/month and then he relisted it at $550 and ran it again. A friend of mine said that even though DD called back to say she was still interested even with the extra $ that legally he would have to give it to her at the lower price. It makes me wonder if that is the reason. Who knows? We looked at two more. The first one actually had floors that were so slanted that you felt like you were on something just walking across the room and it was also pretty nasty and not in a real nice part of town though it did have off street parking. There was an unrefundable $350 pet deposit and dd said how could a little dog make it any worse than it was, we didn't think we could get it clean and it had a strange dirty sweaty smell. The second is in the town I work and a half hour away from where we live. It is an apartment complex that is very nice and she will be in the building that allows pets. There is a refundable pet deposit. They put both the security and pet deposits in an interest bearing account and you get it all back plus some as long as there is no damage. It is less than 10 minutes from I-70/I-81 interchange and a straight shot to her job which is also right off I-81. Because the town she lives in now is so far away from the interstate she has to take back curvy roads and it takes about 20 minutes to get to work. The straight shot on the interstate will make the drive about 30 minutes and the interstate is plowed in the winter if it snows and the back roads she takes now aren't plowed as often as the interstates and snow emergency routes. The new place is about 10 minutes away from the community college she wants to transfer to. The tuition is almost 3/4 less a semester then the universtiy she goes to. Since she changed her major to Accounting I think it won't matter what school she goes to, but what the score will be at the end when she takes the CPA test. Either way she is already off on Wenesday and is taking off Thursday so we will finish all the packing Wed night, pick up the Uhaul on Thursday (I am taking the day off) and finish the final cleaning of the house and then on Friday do a walk through with a video camera and then turn in the key. Whether it's the apartment complex or home it will finally be done.

FrouFrou
10-28-2006, 02:55 PM
Hello ladies...

MICHELLE...I hope you have a good weekend. I will be thinking about you tomorrow as you go through your moms stuff. Maybe going through it will help. :hug: :hug:

SUE...:woohoo: so happy to hear about the LV and IN house. Bet the house being sold is a big relief finally.

SASSY...good thing you have FIL's car to use until you guys decide what to do.

JULES...good thing DD is moving because that landlord sounds like a big arse. She doesn't even need to deal with someone like that. Well, good thing she will be in a different place soon enough.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Not much going on with me today. Have a few things I want to get worked on but know I won't finish today but am hoping to finish it all by Sunday evening. DD and I have decided at the last minute to head to the scrapbook store, lol. I've got to get back to doing that. Her and I started on her album last year and I have yet to get back to it. Also, have an Army one to do for Josh plus a regular one for both him and Jason. Right now I am working on this WL one for me. Anywho...

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! :hug:

jules1216
10-29-2006, 10:06 AM
Hi all, I hope my coming back with the long posts didn't chase everyone off....Well I am going to hit the gym. The sun is finally shining!! Hope everyone has a great day!

suetalks
10-29-2006, 12:06 PM
No Jules, We love long posts, or at least I do. Looks like everyone is just busy this week-end.

We finally got some sun shine today. I had a nice walk, although it was chilly and I wore my gloves. At least the rain has quit. We loved that our yard/grass got so much rain and came in so beautifully, but now we can't get in it to get rid of the leaves. Too soggy!
Already had a shower and washed my hair, so I think I will finish reading the papers and have a cup of tea. Then I am going to make potato soup and do some ironing. Ugh! (to the ironing, not the soup) :)

Thinking of Michelle today as she has a difficult task of going through her Mother's belongings. Hugs to you Michelle.

Cristina- Good luck on the scrapbooking. Have a nice day.

Oh...someone said something about our new house being in Vegas. Didn't look back to check out who. But, here is the scoop for those confused. We live in Indiana and have had our house here for 28 years....just sold it and built another house here. Our LV place is just for winter months and we try to go for 3 or 4 months each year. DH had to go out for 9 days to take care of some business there, but we will go back for the winter, probably next month. It is a manufactured home in a Senior MH park.

That's it from me right now....might BBL if I get work done.

Marti
10-29-2006, 02:01 PM
A quick hello everyone. Sorry I'm not on much. Too much going on, especially w/the holidays approaching.

Been walking everyday still. The treadmill has become a good friend to me!:D

I'm getting ready to enjoy my day w/hubby. Just waiting for the man to get out of the shower! Hope he doesn't use up all the hot water! :lol: We have plans to go see grandpa today.

I will post more later and try to catch up on individuals.

Chat w/you all later.

Michelle
10-29-2006, 10:47 PM
JULES...Thank you for your kind words. I hope everything gets worked out with DD and moving.:hug:

CRISTINA & SUE...Thank you both for your kind words and caring thoughts. Today was an extremely hard day. Moving everything out of my mom's place really made it all final. I felt so bad because the little neighbor lady came over and was crying and said that she misses my mom so much, and that she is now going to move because she can't live there without my mom. This little lady is under five feet tall, and probably only 90 pounds, she just kept wanting to hug me. We gave her three little nick nacks to remember my mom by. Every time we kept looking at my mom's bed, it reminded us that it was that in which caused her to fall and injure herself, and that is what ended up killing her. We left her bed, recliner chair, 2 walkers, 2 cains and a few other things there and they said that they would make sure they went to people that really needed them. We have many boxes of her things stored here and also at my sister's house that we still have to sort and divide up. My mom kept everything and we could not believe how much stuff was in her little apartment! We started at 10:30 this morning and didn't get finished until 6:30 tonight. We are all exhausted and just glad to have it done, and now we still have her memorial service this Thursday. Her obituary came out in todays paper and that is also hard to see.:hug: :hug:

HELLO to everyone else and hope all of you had a nice day!:hug:

suetalks
10-29-2006, 11:23 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug: to you Michelle. I am glad you got that over and I hope you will start to recover from your grief. I know it will get better as days go by. I will once again be thinking of you Thurs.

Jane
10-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Hello ladies!

I'm back, and so glad to be home. The Walk to Emmaus was awesome, and all I can say is, if you're ever approached by someone that thinks you should go, please say yes.

I went to town with Mary today and stocked up on groceries and ran a few errands. All good, healthy foods in the house now. :) I'm preparing for Wednesday when I begin Dr. Oz's and Dr. Roisen's new heathy plan.

Sassy mentioned on the last thread how famous we are in the current First magazine, page 31! Although this magazine prints fad diets, and other things I might not agree with, the publicity for 3fatchicks, and the Jaded Ladies in particular is great! Hopefully, it will also lead to more book sales for the administrators here, too. I just think it's really neat that, of all the clubs here, the two that were mentioned were the Jaded Ladies and the Thin Wannabees. :cp:

Please forgive me for not doing individuals, but there's no way to catch up! :hug:

Michelle
10-30-2006, 11:22 PM
SUE...You are such a sweetheart, and I thank you for your kind words.:hug: Yesterday was a very sad day and really made things final, but it's still so hard and I miss her so much.:hug:

JANE...Glad you had a fun and enjoyable time, but you were missed!:hug:

harkeyvalley
10-31-2006, 12:03 AM
Jane:Welcome back. I'm glad you had a good time. I'll have to check out the "First" magazine.

Sue: Congratulations on the sale of the house. This will be a really nice holiday season for you with the new house and not stressing over the old one. Our fall leaves here are gorgeous too. Enjoy your walks.

Christina: Sounds like you had a good outing with your son. Don't worry about Josh so much. It doesn't do you or him any good. Have faith that he will be fine.

Michelle: One day at a time. Each day will get better. You are still in my prayers.

Jules: I hope your DD finally gets moved in to her new place and you don't get too stressed. It's really hard to watch our kids and not to get too pushy. I guess we never stop worrying about them.

Sassy: I applaud you on the walk. One mile or even two. I huff and puff after walking a mile and I'm miserable. I can't even imagine walking that far in the rain, up hill. I'm sorry about your vehicle. I hope you get it going soon.

Marti: WTG on all the walking. I wish I could get as motivated as you. It's been nasty outside here and I haven't even been outside for days.

Hi to anyone else that I missed.

Sweetie and I worked all weekend. We are trying to get a guess bedroom ready for my son, so that if he gets a chance to come see us over the holiday while he's in the states for 3 months going to school. My sweetie is into making furniture and we have a murphy bed just about done (the kind of bed that folds up into a tall wall unit and looks like a tall hutch). We made a queen size bed so that we could use the same sheets as we use on our bed. I've also been doing some fall cleaning. I go crazy decorating for the holidays that if I don't get everything really cleaned now it will have to wait until after Christmas. I'm not getting any exercise except the cleaning.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL !!!!!!

Norma

Michelle
10-31-2006, 11:48 AM
NORMA...Thank you for your kind caring words, you are a true sweetheart!:hug:

HELLO to everyone! It's a very cold sunny morning here, 32F right now and supposed to get up to about 55F today. I'm just finishing up all the thank you cards to get sent off tomorrow morning. I had just been waiting for the obituary so I'm enclosing one in each card along with the memorial folder. My DH got about 20 papers from all the schools yesterday so there are plenty. I hope all of you have a nice day and a very fun and safe Halloween tonight!:haphal: :sklol: :bat: :witch: :badbat: :dracula: :spid: :witch2: :frank: :ghost:

Jane
10-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Happy Halloween, ladies,

Michelle - thank you for the card. You were sweet to send it. Hope you're feeling a little better today. :hug:

Norma - the Murphy bed is a good idea! I know you'll want your son to stay with you if at all possible. That would be so nice.

Sassy - thank you for the Halloween card! I really should've sent some, too, but just had so much going on.

Hello to Cristi, Sue, Julie, Marti, Tiffany, and anyone else reading this. :wave:

Well, Walmart and Kmart neither one sell the book I was looking for today, so Neal drove me to Evansville. Good ol' Target had it and it was 30% off, too. :cp: Now I have to hurry and get it read. I have tomorrow's menu planned of healthy foods, so I'm good to go. :)

The DGDs will be here shortly for their Halloween loot, lol. I'll take pictures to share, ok?

Have a good one, and don't get too spooked. ;)

suetalks
10-31-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi all....We had only the neighborhood kiddies tonight..10 of them 6 years and under. I had made up bags of candy for each and then had a bowl of treats just in case any came from near-by. The one group all came together and that was IT. Fun!

Jane- Let us know what kind of meal you can have as re: Dr. Oz. He is on Oprah again Thursday and I wonder if it is about the new book?

Norma- Oh...I have always wanted a murphy bed. I wanted DH to build one in the office of the other house....just for a guest bed. And I also want one in the den of the vacation home. BUT...he isn't as willing as your DH. :) I can't wait to see a photo.

MIchelle- Cold here too...and that is after a wonderful Mon. It got to 73 yesterday. But BRRR today.

Sassy, Cristina, Marti, Mary Kate, Julie, Tiffany...hi and where are you?

Had a pretty slow day today. I actually un-packed another box of wall/decor items and did a little more arranging. I am having trouble deciding what to put up on the plant shelves and the cabinet tops. My decorating IQ is low. :)

Lunch with DD and Mom tomorrow and Thurs. Mom has to go for blood work. DH gets home Thurs. night.

Have a Happy Hump Day ladies!

suetalks
10-31-2006, 09:37 PM
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/suetalks/my_photos

Just added a new album.."House" which shows a few shots..about 1/2 decorated. :)

The old album is still up also. Feel free to look...

Marti
10-31-2006, 11:48 PM
Hello everyone!

Been a busy one here. With nothing in particular just feel that I have not a lot of time on my hands! :dizzy:

Sue--You're home is gorgeous! I love your DH's handy work and the detail he added. Very pretty. Send him my way to do some detail work for me!

Jane--Hope your DGD's have a lot of fun tonight. Did you mention what they're were dressing up as?? How did you like your retreat? I've never heard of it but will have to look it up and read more on it. Sounds wonderful from what you've said so far.

Michelle--Hope you're doing better. Been thinking of you. I know how hard it is to have to go through a loved ones things. James had a really hard time cleaning his mom's apartment. We still have lots of it in boxes stored away!Hope you're able to stay warm in this cold! Hugs for you.

Norma--I feel pretty good that I'm walking. Better than what I have been doing which nothing! Finding time to squeeze in walks shouldn't be that difficult for me. I always set aside half an hour before work and after work.

Jules--Started taking a vitamin that has more Iron in it. Seems to be making a difference in my energy. Plus I'm sure getting in some exercise is helping too!

Cristi--I need to get to a scrapbook store and get some items that I want. Notice I say want...since I have so much I don't really need anything! :D But w/the holidays coming around, there are some stamps that I've been wanting.

Hello to everyone else I have missed.

I need to go lay down, TOM is here and I have some cramps that are dragging me down. Figured I'd rest an hour then walk it off before bed. (one thing I do like, is walking before bedtime.....I sleep much better!)

Hugs to you all!

Jane
11-01-2006, 01:48 PM
It's November, ladies!

Sue - your house is so nice! Bet you just love it. I didn't know Dr. Oz will be on Oprah tomorrow, so thanks for the heads up. So far, I really like what he has to say in the book. Enjoy your lunches with DD and DM.

Marti - yeah, the twins went as lady bugs, and Caylin went as a bee. We were their last stop before home, so their "feelers" are a little lopsided, lol. I have the custest picture to share, if I get around to it. The Walk was one of the most awesome things I've ever experienced. Totally indescribable.

Cristi - hope you're doing ok. It's totally normal to be worrying about your son, and I'd be doing the same. But maybe we can cheer you up, ok?

Hello to anyone reading this. :)

Today I'm doing lots of laundry, including bed linens. I'm also still reading Dr. Roison and Oz's book, too. In between, I'm trying to get caught up with phone calls. :dizzy: The weather is cold and dreary, and I think I'm going to start a fire to take the chill off.

Have a good All Saints Day. :hug:

FrouFrou
11-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Hello ladies...

SUE...your house is so pretty! And I love the work your DH did, so nice.

JANE...glad you had a nice time. Bet the granddaughters were so cute!

MARTI...glad to hear you are keeping up with your walking.

NORMA...I do hope you get to see DS and spend some time with him.

JULES...did DD get moved over the weekend?

Sorry this is short...trying to post on a few of the threads and time is short. For some reason this time of day the computer is very slow and I hate waiting on it. Not much going on...been busy with doing nothing, lol! Catching up on laundry today and that's about it.

I did get to It Figures today and Monday. Trying to get back on my schedule with that. I plan on doing a mile walk on the treadmill sometime before the night is over. Trying to get back on track with the eating, water and exercise. Had to make a run to SAMS yesterday to get water, was really low on it.

Take care ladies, chat with ya later :wave:

jules1216
11-02-2006, 06:53 AM
DD didn't get the little apartment she saw first, she did get into the apartment in the complex but then decided to ask if she could not take it but try again later. Her budget looked good on paper but then we all know that life happens. She ended up moving in with her friend Kia and the girl's boyfriend. They are both nice and Kia is as obsesive compulsive about cleanliness as Teri. The boyfriend is the peacemaker and really sweet--both girls can get dramatic and hard-headed. I took more boxes over and everything is packed. We moved a bunch of stuff over last night and have the truck today to finish up.We won't be able to clean as well as we wanted to since the old roomate turned the water off on the 31st when she knew dd would be there finishing up through the 3rd. I think she is ticked because she wanted dd to move in the three bedroom apt shared by her & her bf and the bf's sister and her bf to share the expensive rent you pay in a college town. DD says she did go to look at it but the place was so messy she was afraid to sit down.

Gotta go!

Jane
11-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Hi ladies,

Cristi - I know what you mean about posting on so many threads! There are several websites with people I care about that I post on, and sometimes it's just easiet to cut and paste, lol. Yay for you getting in the exercise. I'm back at it, too.

Julie - hopefully Teri will be settled now for awhile. My Katie is in the process of moving in with her bf, and will be getting the last of it this weekend. I don't really like the idea of it, but she's almost 20, so what can I do. He is a very nice guy and seems so dedicated to her. He's the one she split up with for about 5 minutes in Sept. I made sure she knows that if she wants to, she can come back home in a heartbeat.

Today has been so busy and will get busier yet. Mary's going to my Body, Mind and Spirit meeting with me later. She doesn't know it, but the members made up a basket for her due to her diagnosis of RA and they'll be giving it to her today. Wasn't that sweet of them? And how ironic - one of the other member's DD was recently tested for the same thing, and she'll share the results with us today.

Dr. Oz was awesome on the Oprah show today. Hope some of you got to see it. The diet is going fine so far - I made some chili with ground turkey breast, great northern beans, diced tomotoes, onions, chili powder and chopped green chilis. Yum!

Hope you're having a great day. :)

Sassy_Chick
11-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Hey all.

Its Sassy checking in. Sorry I've been MIA. We've been having the week from you know where. I think its finally calmed down now.

Well lastnight we bought our new car! :D

Today and tomorrow we are working overtime, going in 2 hours earlier, so its a 12 hour day instead of a 10 but the 4 hours overtime will be GREAT! Especially now! :D We told our boss we just bought a new car so we can use all the over time possible. (We got this overtime BEFORE we bought our car) and we'll have it again next week, we're covering for a guy who is having back surgery.

So anyways, that is about it.

I hope you are having a great day!

FrouFrou
11-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Hello ladies and Happy Thursday!

JANE...I don't post on a bunch of different sites, couldn't keep up. But I like to post on a few different threads here when I have time. I have a hard enough time keeping up here though, lol. The only other one I do post on is a military one and what I post here doesn't apply there, lol. That was sweet of your group to make a basket for Mary. How is she doing by the way? Has she found out what she is going to do for her RA, as far as medication, etc.? I hope she likes the meeting tonight. And WTG on getting back to your exercising! :carrot:

JULES...well, I am glad that Teri found a place to live and I hope it works out for her and she is there for a long time. Now, how are you doing Missy?

SASSY...you can't just drop a bomb on us and not explain, lol. We want details about the new car! Did you get a brand new one? What color did ya get? Inquiring minds want to know, or I do anyway, lol. Eeeww, a 12 hour day...that's gotta be hard. I don't think I could do that-think it would kill me!

MICHELLE...my thoughts are with you today. Hope you are doing fine. :hug:

I am glad to be home. Had a busy morning of shopping and got a late start. Ugh! Going to Wal-mart the first of the month and later than 8 a.m. is a big :nono: They were too busy, jeez louise! But it's over, until next week anyway. Had to run to Penney's also, couple other places and then had my vehicle washed. It was dirty but does no good to wash it when peoples sprinklers are running down the street flooding the curbs. So I don't wash it as often in the spring and summer. You would not believe the amount of water being wasted by the neighbors sprinklers...I don't care if it is well water, just seems so wasteful to me. Plus it clogs up the gutters and so when it rains, er I mean pours the streets flood. Okay, getting sidetracked, lol. I am loving the cooler weather but my arms and wrists are not. Nothing else going on. Vince will be home in about 30 mns. and we are off to Olive Garden for an early dinner, then to Target to get some Christmas lights. We bought a bunch of the icicle lights last year after Christmas but not sure we have enough to go around the whole house. We had planned on just doing the front and part of the side. But with our house being where others can see the back and we always do the deck and the whole house with the colored lights, I would like to do the icicle lights around the whole house instead of just part. I love the holidays and as always am getting excited about decorating...I can't wait! But I know as the holidays actually get here I will be sad. Anyway, I am rambling....

I do hope everyone is having a great day! Take care ladies and lots of hugs to you all! :hug: :hug:

jules1216
11-03-2006, 07:51 AM
Well yesterday was fun with laughing and joking with my daughter but we had a few minor/major blips. We will finish up today and do cleaning the best we can with a couple of jugs of water since the roomate turned the water off on Tuesday, electric is scheduled to go off today. The truck I borrowed sits a little higher than most and has an extra long bed. It was kind of scary at first especially when I had to fill up with gas when I first got it and the backing up took some getting used to. My daughter kept singing Gretchen Wilson's Redneck Woman. She said she wants a big truck again or at least a smaller Toyota with a lift kit, she had wanted one for years after seeing a petite woman who owned one down in NC while vacationing with her grandparents. She thought it looked cool. The guy who owns the truck I borrowed owns a company that does springs and lift kits and there have actually been Monster trucks worked on there.

Well I am off to go ahead and get the boxes myself--there are none that are really heavy. Did I mention I am already sore...I should be not able to get out of bed tomorrow....I think I will skip the gym today--I have had a really good workout just climbing in and out of the back of the truck and moving everything!!

jules1216
11-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Cristina--I am tired and sore already, that's how I am. I realized that I have not had to take my anxiety meds for a few days..that's a good thing. I bet your deck would be beautiful decorated with the lights.

Sassy--glad you stopped in, I was wondering where you were. What kind of car did you end up getting? OT money is nice, but it wears you down especially if your back is already hurting. Take care of yourself!

Jane--I have learned myself that after 18 there is not much we can do about the decisions the kids make but we can keep praying for them and always be there when they need us. A coworker of mine has an amazing prayer connection. She is one of those people that prays about every decision and usually sees an answer. During her morning prayer walks she had been praying about DD's situation and even though DD didn't get the apartment on her own that she was hoping for my friend's prayer was answered--she was praying that DD would find a place that was safe, clean & affordable and all that is true. DD will be paying her share of the combined bills and her own which will amount to what she was just paying in rent at the other place and the amount includes ALL of her bills including the cell phone and car insurance. She is excited about saving some money. She really needs a new car and she thinks she can save up tuition for next fall so that she doesn't have to take out any more student loans. After we have all our major bills gone next year, we are going to make payments on the student loans even though she doesn't have to start repaying them until she is completely finished school and are aiming to have them paid off before she graduates. She is also aiming to have enough for rent, security and pet deposit in savings just in case things don't work out and the moving every July & October curse isn't broken.

Marti--I am borderline anemic but iron tablets don't like me. The vitamin with iron makes all the difference though.

Sue--your house is beautiful--keep the pictures coming!!

Norma--DD is happy about where she has moved and with my personality, I will always worry about something. Kia can be a little needy and dd says her and her dog will be home to spend the night when it gets bad. She says the boyfriend living with them will actually relieve some of that away from her.

Well, I really need to go and get those boxes moved!!

FrouFrou
11-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Howdy Ladies...

Pretty quiet around here....where is everyone...I'm so lonely here by myself. :lol: Really though, it is quiet.

Geez, I am glad to be home and finally sitting. I didn't make it to It Figures but I may go after Jeopardy this evening. Dinner is in the crockpot so it won't mess up my evening schedule. I did mow the front yard and will do the back tomorrow I think since I want to go exercise. This will probably be the last time until spring.

JULES...well, at least you have gotten in a work out with all the moving and cleaning. And...I hope DD loves her new place. I would think you could skip the gym with having done all that. I'm glad that you and DD were having a fun time!

SASSY...ditto what Jules said about the OT. Dh has worked so much his whole body aches all the time, poor guy. I tell him to take a day off but he won't. He knows it will end soon so he just keeps on truckin'. Not going to help though if he ends up in the hospital exhausted.

JANE...received your pages today and I love them! It's nice to see the whole family, even your sisters. How did Mary like the meeting and the basket?

MICHELLE...hoping you are okay today. :hug:

I need to go get some laundry done. Going to work on some scrapbooking this weekend and cleaning of the house. Pretty much a lazy weekend for me. Will go to It Figures tomorrow morning and if it's not too cold possibly a walk at the park. It's been so windy.

Take care ladies and in case I don't get back in tomorrow, have a GREAT weekend!

jules1216
11-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Just I quick stop in to tell everyone hi and goodnight, dd is moved and we did it all by ourselves...my DH didn't even offer to help today with the last two loads or taking the truck back--I knew he wouldn't help clean. DS and friends were supposed to help last night but they were too tired. DD says it just goes to show that I am the only one she can count on and she doesn't need a guy in her life because they all just let her down.... I thought that was kind of sad....

Jane
11-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Hiya ladies,

Sassy - a big YAY for overtime! Mary's husband Dale tries to get as much of it as he can, since he had to take a pay cut to work closer to home. Also a big YAY for a new car. What kind did you get?

Cristi - Mary was so surprised with the basket. I couldn't believe how sweet and generous the ladies of the group were to give her the things they did. Glad you like my pages - I can barely wait to get yours, and the other gals', too.

Julie - you are so right - these kids will do whatever they want, and really, I can't blame Katie for wanting to spread her wings and fly again after being on her own in Florida. At least this time, she's relatively nearby instead of so far away. We're going over there afterwhile, and Neal is going to hang some mini-blinds for her. Aww, I would've come to help you move if I could have. Or at least washed cabinets, or something. So sorry you 2 had to do it all by yourselves. :hug:

Well, I'm doing great on the Oz diet, which is basically like a Mediteranian diet. I've got my exercise done for the day, too, and just need to be careful with my evening snack. I'm having 1 oz hard cheese, and 1 cup of grapes. Mmmm.

Hope you're all doing well, and I'll catch ya' on the flip side. :D

suetalks
11-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Evening ladies...Brrr..cold here again. Today was busy and enjoyed DH being home. The builder came by to look at a couple small problems, electrician came by to go to the other house and clear up a couple things. So people coming and going all day. DH and I got the last few boxes out of the attic over there and put them in the attic here. We are finished there...and close on the house Thurs. The buyers asked for 30 days possession, but will be surprised when we tell them they can have it as soon as we close. It needs a family NOW. :)
I baked pork chops for dinner and cleaned the kitchen....my only housework today. Well...I did sort some things out in my closet and add them to the things going in the attic. More space for me!
I have to say I am loving the house and feeling so very at home here.

Jane- I watched Dr. Oz on Oprah. Most of what he said I already knew, just don't seem able to practice what I KNOW I should. I sure hope you do well on his eating plan. I am having a big battle with sweets right now..which has not been my downfall before. I am usually more of a salty snack lover. So, this is something I am trying to fight...darn Halloween candy got me started.

Julie- So glad your DD got moved and is living somewhere you are comfortable with. Whew! Moving is hard work. It is nice that you and DD have each other and she knows that you are there for her. Super good to hear that she is getting back to her "old" self after what she has been through.

Cristina- You sure get your exercise pushing that mower. Good for you. I am afraid I have not done ANY exercise lately. I just don't know where my head is...well, yes, I'm afraid I do know where my head is. :( I think I walked 2 or 3 times all week. Now it is so chilly, I think I will have to rely on WATP videos. And that is if I can get motivated.

Sassy- Yay for the new car and the overtime! Hope you are doing okay.

Michelle- Thinking of you and hope you are doing okay also.

Marti- Busy gal....Life sometimes gets in the way of puter time, huh? Sure hope TOM has left you and that you are feeling better.

TY all for the kind words about the new house. It is hard to get pictures that show how a room looks in total, you know? The pictures look rather sparse.... the house is anything but. :) Of course, I still have lots of decorating to do. Or trying to decorate any way.

Any plans for the week-end ladies??? We will meet some of Dh's siblings for breakfast tomorrow and then back here to visit. The rest of the W.E. will be lazy, maybe.

FrouFrou
11-04-2006, 01:10 AM
Hi ladies...

Couldn't sleep so I thought I would come here for a little while. Vince is snoring and had has been and I hate to wake him when he works so hard. So I thought I would get on the 'puter until I get really sleepy. I don't feel right sleeping in another room or I would sleep in Josh's room when he snores like that. Drives me crazy sometimes though.

JANE...bet the basket made Mary's day. And it was nice of the ladies to think of her. Glad you are doing well with the Oz diet/program. I really hate using the word diet. And good job on the exercise. :carrot:

SUE...this was probably the last mowing for the season/year. Don't know, maybe one more time, I doubt it though. I cut it short like we always do the last time before we put winterizer on the lawn in a week or two. But yeah, I do get quite the workout mowing. I actually enjoy doing it though, espeically when the weather is nice. Glad you are enjoying DH being home.

JULES...I too would have helped if I were closer. Sorry you and DD had to do it all but it sounds like you guys had a good time together. And it does sound like DD is getting back to her old self, I'm happy for her.

Well, I didn't make it to IF after all. Wasn't in the greatest mood for some reason so I mowed the back yard instead. This time change really sucks! It was getting dark on me and it wasn't even 6 yet. I did get it done though, didn't miss anything.

I saw on the general thread where someone was talking about where she lives they already had real Christmas trees...talk about early, especially for a real tree. Guess what I saw tonight though? Our neighbors had Christmas lights in the two front windows peeking out from under the blinds and other Christmas stuff on the windows, yikes! Now I thought we decorated early doing our outside lights and such on Thanksgiving. I would never dream of decorating now though. Is it me or does it seem to early? I just thought that was odd, and very early. Guess they think the stores are doing it so why not. :dunno: Anywho...

No plans for the weekend SUE...this will be a sort of lazy weekend for me. I did some straightening and organizing tonight so will do more tomorrow. And I am going to work on some scrapbook pages and get the table cleared off of my mess. I've got about three pages I want to do to add to mine, plus Janes pages and then I will put that away and work on Josh's Army scrapbook. But...first thing in the morning I am headed to It Figures to work out.

HI to everyone else :wave: Check in when you can ladies.

Have a good weekend!

Marti
11-04-2006, 04:36 AM
A quick hello as it is late in the night and I'm still up but very tired.

It's a Jhanai weekend! :carrot: Not going out to do anything particular, just hang around home chatting. Amazing how much a 12yr old can talk!:)

Just wanted to pop in to say hello and to let ya all know that I'm still working on lowering my levels and continuing w/my walking. Got rid of the gazelle. James was yappin' w/someone at work and he wanted to get one for his wife for Christmas. James said he'd sell it. Forgot to tell me first though!:o
I just told him as long as he doesn't mind I don't mind. He is the one who bought it for me.
Treadmill has been being used much more so I won't be sad to see it go.

Ok...I need sleep.

Hugs to you all!

Sassy_Chick
11-04-2006, 05:31 AM
Morning Ladies. :tired:

One tired Lady here. lol. But the overtime will be nice to see on our checks! :D
When I woke up yesterday (Friday) my hips were killing me for some reason, don't know why...........then 1/2 way in the middle of the night @ work they stopped hurting. Weird.

Our new car, for those interested.........................

Is a 2006 Nissan Altima, Blue, with black interior and is very nice (well at least I think so!) and a dream to drive! :)

Okay so there ya go. If we ever get a picture of it I will show ya'all. (if you want to see)

Now on to WL talk.

We cancelled our Y membership, for now. Just until we get our finances all sorted, we are fine, but we don't want to over do it right now. But we can rejoin @ anytime, no problems. So maybe after the 1st of the year?

I was also thinking about maybe looking into purchasing a home gym or a treadmill? (after the 1st of the yr or so) Not sure. Need something that folds away.......

Well I still have my WATP DVD to do and now that we know we can walk 1.7 miles, we can get out and walk a bit. (not 1.7 miles mind you but a little bit at a time! hee hee!)

I also haven't been a very "good" girl, but I have been taking Ms. Jane's advice and just eating smaller portions of my favorite foods instead of cutting them out entirely. It seems to be working better, I eat smaller, more frequent meals and it works out better for me, I feel better. Okay, okay, you all don't have to say it all at once "You told me so" lol. Just kidding.

So I'm doing what I can. We did go and buy some fruits and veggies to snack on instead of junk food. I get as much water in as I can and I find that I don't hardly even want pop anymore! :woohoo:

OH this is not WL related but have you all seen either of these movies yet? Over the Hedge and An American Haunting? If not I highly recommend them both! :D The American Haunting isn't for young kids but the Over the Hedge is definately for the entire family and very very cute! :D

Well I hope I didn't bore you all to tears.............lol.

MelodyAM75
11-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Hi. I would like to join you guys. I posted a bio in the bio thread. You guys seem like a great group. I have been on 3FC for a while and I regularly post on the Teacher thread and on the Weight Watcher threads.

I have been serious about losing weight since January with some setbacks over the summer while building a house and doing a lot of stress eating. That's all in the past now thought and I am down a total of 38 pounds thus far. I joined Weight Watchers about 7 weeks ago and have lost 17 pounds of my total loss since joining them so it is working for me for sure. I plan to stick with Weight Watchers until I reach my goal.

I have struggled with weight since I was a child...my whole family is overweigt and/or obese for the most part, but I refuse to give into genetics and/or poor lifestyle choices. I can beat this! I have to for my health. I am 31 and already on Blood Medicine...my BP got high over the summer while building the house. I want to get off of that medicine. Also, my dad had a Heart Attack in his late 40's and I do not want that to happen to me and he is diabetic, too. Also, I want to have another baby and I do not want to have all the problems I had with my son. I had high BP and borderline toxemia, and an emergency c-section so it was very traumatic.

Anyway, that's about me. I hope to get to know all of you soon.

Jane
11-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Hi ladies, :wave:

First off, welcome to Melody! :welcome: It's always nice to have a new addition to the family. And a big YAY to you for the 38 pounds already lost. You're on the right road, and we can all encourage each other. Glad you're here. :)

Sue - I plan on having a lazy weekend, unless I get need to help Katie more during her move. What she has left is to take clothes and such, so that's not really hard work. Just tedious. To help quiet your sweet tooth, how about some dried cranberries. I had never eaten them in my life until yesterday, and sprinkled a few on my salad. Yum! Be careful though, because they are high in calories, like nuts, and a little goes a long way. But they're good for squelching a sweet tooth.

Cristi - I used to not like sleeping somewhere else, either, but now I can sleep in the guest room without a second thought when Neal is sawing logs, lol. He likes that better, too, so I don't poke him. Like you, I just don't like saying "diet"! But since that's the name of the book, it's hard to not do that, lol. I don't see it as something I'm going On then Off later. It is very silimilar to the Sonoma Diet. Dr. Oz (Katie calls him the Wizard) isn't very specific about portions, so I'm counting my calories, too. YES, it's much too early for Christmas decorations. I like to at least get Thanksgiving over first, but I think you and I are becoming the minority about that. Last year, I saw lots and lots of Christmas decorations on homes before Thanksgiving. I know I should just go with the flow, but to tell you the truth, I'd get sick of seeing it all for that long in my living room.

Marti - have fun with your cutey patootey! Yowza, I have a gazelle going to waste in my shed. Too bad I can't just past it to.....

Sassy - you'd be more than welcome to my gazelle. But it would cost you more to come and get it than if you just bought one outright. Hey, the new car sounds snazzy! Nissan products are made so well! Glad you're handling portion control well, sweetie. I haven't seen "Over the hedge" yet, but will probably just buy it for the DGDs when it's for sale.

Hello to everyone else reading this. :wave:

I'm eating so healthily it's scary. :D I made one serving of whole wheat pasta and added a dab of olive oil, some zuchinni, yellow squash, tomatoes, onion, feta cheese, basil and diced turkey for my lunch. I also have been using olive oil and vinegar for my salads. I just use a little of that, though. And I've stocked up on lots and lots of fresh veggies, and have cut them up and bagged them so they're all ready in a pinch.

I do have a little bit of a headache from sugar withdrawal, though. I read that will pass in a few days.

Have a good weekend, ladies.

MelodyAM75
11-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Jane, Thanks for the welcome. Your lunch today sounds yummy. I may have to try that sometime.

Michelle
11-04-2006, 02:44 PM
:welcome2: MELODY...This group of ladies are wonderful and supportive!:hug:

SASSY...First, thank you so much for the card, you are so kind!:hug: The Nissan Altima is my new favorite car! I see a lot of them around and I think they are so nice.;)

I haven't been around lately because I feel like such a downer again. Well today will be yet another sad day. My sister is coming over later this afternoon when she gets done with all of her appointments, to go through 20 boxes of my mom's things, so we can divide them up between us. It's so hard right now, because all of the boxes are stacked in my living room, and to know all of my mom's memories and belongings are there is so sad. This has been another hard week with her memorial service and moving all of her stuff out of her apartment, and it has brought me very down again. The only thing I keep trying to do is take it one day at a time, and I rely on my faith and family so much. I just miss my mom so much, and I know I cannot wish her back on this earth, with all the pain she was in every single day, but I just wish one more time to talk with her, and hug and kiss her. Thank you ladies for letting me keep talking about this, because I know I must be a downer quite a bit lately, but I don't know what else to do right now. I hope all of you have a nice day!:cry: :grouphug:

FrouFrou
11-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Hello ladies....

Just can't stay away can I? LOL

HI MELODY and a big :welcome: to you! Looking forward to getting to know you. And WTG on the weight lost! :carrot: :woohoo:

MICHELLE...you should never feel like a downer, no one should. We are here for each other, good or bad, happy or sad. :hug: While you can't hug or kiss your mom you can have a talk with her. Just go somewhere quiet or even to the gravesite and spent some time there talking with her...she will hear you. Then you can blow some kisses to her.

SASSY...I would love to see a picture of you new car when you take one. And WTG on cutting back on the food. :carrot: that's why I always liked WW...because you can eat what you want in moderation and as long as you count those points. I'm even thinking about joining again. Maybe after my year with It Figures is up. While I have enjoyed working out there, I won't rejoin, I don't think. Not sure yet and I have until April to decide so, who knows.

JANE...I forgot to mention that on the radio last night Delia (she's on the station I listen to from 7-midnight) she started playing Christmas music! :yikes: I just don't like that people just about skip over Thanksgiving. Anyway, your lunch sounds good. And I am glad the Oz program is working for you. I've not seen him on Oprah and have yet to check out the book to see what it is all about.

MARTI...hope you enjoy your Jhanai weekend. And WTG on keeping up with your walking.

I did go to It Figures this morning and as always it felt good. Going to get in a mile walk later. Along with taking this polish off. I am on a red kick for some reason. I only like it on short fingernails though so I need to cut mine. There was a time I loved the long fingernails but no more. I need some stuff to make them stop growing, lol. Had to make a trip to Hallmark too, lol. Okay I didn't have to but they sent me a thing in the mail for a free gift bag. And I needed more cards so...I was pleasantly surprised at what was in there. It was supposed to be worth $50 (you had to spend $35 though which wasn't a problem for me, lol) but I thought it would be little junky stuff but it wasn't. There was a snowman mug that is really cute and big-perfect hot chocolate mug, three ornaments. One was small and the other was an angel (perfect since I collect them) and one of their collectables, and a couple of little things. I bought individual Christmas cards for my dad, mom, the kids, Vince, an Uncle and my dear friend I've known since the girls were 2. Anyway, yakkity, yak...I'm in a chatty mood. Good thing Vince is on his way home, I can talk his ears off today, lol!

Take care ladies and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :hug:

Jane
11-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Eep! We've hit 50 again. Hop on over to Weight Loss and Chit Chat #219, ok? See you there. :)