SBD Frequently Asked Questions - coconut or not?

View Full Version : coconut or not?

Soulmia
10-25-2006, 02:23 PM
I would love to have this as a vegetable...
some cabbage, stir fried with a little coconut grating - is this ok on phase 1???coconut's ok ...or???
also... is this vegetable allowed on phase i??
http://images.google.co.in/images?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&q=tondli&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images

Please reply :?:

Schatzi
10-25-2006, 05:00 PM
Hi Soulmia...hmmm, Coconut is not really addressed in the SBD book -except as Oil (and it's under the limited list) and I can't find any concrete info on it's GI.. so, my 2 cents: Fresh grated coconut as a garnish shouldn't be an issue... for PH1...
From what I can find Tondli appears to be in the cucumber family - and that's fine for phase 1 :)

Soulmia
10-26-2006, 08:20 AM
yes! Tondli is in the cucumber family! they are smaller in size though but packed with flavour:drool:
If I use 2 table spoons of fresh grated coconut in 500gms of tondli.... and use that as 2 - servings... i should be ok right??
A question.... i noticed you moved the post...just for my own info...why? I have obviously posted in the wrong place:o ... so could you tell me why....that way i wont mess up the next post! :D
Thanks again!

Schatzi
10-26-2006, 09:01 AM
Hi Soulmia... I think the 1 tablespoon per serving should be okeydoke... you might want to see if it's a "trigger" for you afterwards, setting off a sugar type craving...

hmmm :chin: I'll have to check with Mother Hen Ruthie on moving your post... usually if a post is moved ,us mods can see it and the activity will have a tag on it like "merged post" or Moved...etc... put I dont see that on your thread :no: Anyway...this question would be fine in any place except as a post in a specific recipe.. So no worries Soulmia, you're doing fine!

Ruthxxx
10-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Hmmmm....I didn't move it and there would have been a mod "trail" if someone else moved it.