Old 10-24-2006, 03:41 PM   #1  
FBD/8-18-08

Default Pasta with Shrimp

1 1/2 T garlic, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2T olive oil
8 oz can LS Italian whole plum tomatoes
1 lb cooked shelled shrimp (can substitute cooked boneless chicken breast)
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1/2 lb box linguini (whole wheat or plain)
lite salt and pepper to taste

Boil water for linquini, cook as directed on the package.
Saute chopped garlic and onion in olive oil until tender in a large frying pan 3-5 min. on medium-high heat.
Add cooked shrimp, saute for 2 min. and remove from pan. Try to keep as much garlic and onion in the pan when removing shrimp.
Add the entire can of tomatoes with liquid, stir in the pan.
Cook until it begins to boil, then reduce heat. Add shrimp, oregano, basil, LS&Pepper. Simmer for 3-5 min.
Pour sauce on linguini and toss.
Serves 8.

1S 1P 1V

Each serving:
420 calories
32 g protein
48 g carbs
12 g fat
114 mg calcium
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:54 AM   #2  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Pearl..........I was thinking of making this for lunch or dinner tonight. What is LS italian whole plum tomatos? I am running the the grocery store the am, and I am trying to figure out if I need to pick anything else up. thank you
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:18 AM   #3  
FBD/8-18-08

Lo Sodium or no salt added, in other words, the lowest sodium content for Italian whole plum tomatoes - or whole plum tomatoes or whole tomatoes or you can sub. diced tomatoes... whatever you have or can find that is lower sodium. (I can or freeze my own in the summer from my garden)
Hugs!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:56 PM   #4  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Oh my goodness Pearl..what DON'T you do??? :-) You even can your own tomatoes???? I wish I had your energy!

Hugs-
Debbie
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:14 PM   #5  
FBD/8-18-08

Debbie - I can tomatoes, salsa, apple putter, pear butter, peach butter, we make our own various kinds of hot sauces and can them, spaghetti sauce, and soups, chilis, and stews. I make my own clothes detergent and fabric softener. (I love this stuff!) This year we purchased a green house and started out own garden plants including strawberry plants for 2007.
BUT - you gotta understand, this stuff comes in "seasons"... so sometimes - it's feast or famine. But I do all of this to help out my husband because I don't "work" outside the home except for occassional catering jobs and with two teens, a one income family is hard financially!!!! We do without a lot, but the sacrifice is sooooo worth it! God is GOOD!!!