Old 10-24-2006, 02:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

Default Biggest Loser workout dvd

This is probably really old news, but I was looking for a new video to use in addition to the WATP superchallenge I have. I found the Biggest Loser video from last season (when Suzie was still chubby) w/ Bob the trainer. Holy cow! That thing was really hard. It has four workouts that you can do individually or in combination.

I did the boot camp last night. My dumbbells are in storage so I used water bottles instead. It was still really hard! I tried to start the low intensity cardio afterwards but had to stop. I'm trying to get over a UTI and all that jumping around..well

Anyway, it will be a nice change of pace, I think.
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/226/165

I have been tring to do this work out and it is a killer for me. I am trying to do the planned schedual and I am not sure that I am going to make it the jumping jacks are really hard on me but I am excited to know that there is a new one coming out in time for Christmas.
mikelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:17 AM   #3  

I did the warm up, low impact and high impact workouts last night. I'd planned to do the boot camp, too. I must have been temporarily insane to think I could do all that.

I definitely cannot keep up with them for the whole thing and had to stop or sit periodically. But, it's a great workout. And I like the way the "losers" sort of do their own things, get sweaty, show pain. That they have the same responses that I have makes me feel more confident.

I always thought you didn't get as much benefit from having a very elevated heartrate and should stick to trying to maintain a moderately elevated heartrate. Both the video and the show, though, seem to really emphasize going to the max.

I'm probably going to be very sore tomorrow.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:37 PM   #4  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

I'm so glad you guys liked it cause I just ordered it online! Can't wait for it to be delivered!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:21 PM   #5  
Healthy and Positive!

I like that they whine! LOL, I whine too when I do it! And Bob is just so cute to look at too
Athenaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 300ish/206/150

Height: 5"2

I really like this DVD, it kills me, but I love it!
nea44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/222/133

All four workouts are also available on itunes. It's not super high quality, but you can download it and watch it immediately, for $2 for each one.
Kamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 05:56 PM   #8  

Still loving it. I haven't done the sculpting one, yet. It would be better with hand weights, I think. The cardio is great, though.

I think it's really interesting that we pay hundreds of dollars for treadmills or exercise bikes or gazelles or whatever complicated piece of junk some has- been actor is hawking when all we really need to do is pretend to jump rope or do jumping jacks and squats. Who knew?!?
Old 11-14-2006, 08:38 AM   #9  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi All!

I agree that the DVD IS a killer...especially when you program your own program and choose warmup, high intensity AND Bootcamp as well as Cooldown! When I watch the program and see all Bob has them doing, though, I guess that the DVD isn't NEARLY as tough as being at the ranch!

I was excitied to hear that there was a new DVD coming out in December! I'll bet it's even more intense that the first one!

Go Bob!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:45 PM   #10  

Someday I'm going to be able to do the Bootcamp and not curse Bob when he says, "Don't stop!"
Old 11-16-2006, 10:04 AM   #11  

Height: 5'6''

I love this dvd too! I have been doing it for months, but only did the bootcamp once. I didn't really like it. Maybe I should give it another try. Now that I am in better shape (can do both the low and high together all the way through!), I may like it better.
CharityKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:26 AM   #12  

Great to hear all these reviews. I just ordered Vol 1 and 2 online. Volume 2 doesn't ship until next month but I am excited about receiving both dvds.
72butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 03:47 PM   #13  

I just ordered the 2nd one too, does anyone know which cast members are in it?
lorrizz is offline   Reply With Quote