WW Clubs and Groups - #170 Turtles getting ready for fun!

Itryharder
10-24-2006, 12:19 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at 3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
10-24-2006, 12:21 PM
this is the one folks! I messed up and tried to edit the last #170. Then I thought it hadn't been posted, so I did a new one. So sorry!
Judy

chrily
10-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Judy, Judy, Judy...what are we going to do with you????:)

How's everyone this morning? Not bad here. Taking a hiatus from my house to take care of th sisters' children at Jen's. I don't know what is worse. My house is a wreck. We're putting a laminate floor in the family room. Total chaos. Plus to spice things up a bit...Hubby found a really cute puppy at the pet store. He came home with us on Sunday ( a 9 week old Cockapoo). Talk about a little ball of fur. Him and Simon get along good so now our little dachsie won't be lonely. I'd hate to imagine what they are doing right now though.

Back to the art of homework. ;) Then its almost time to make some lunch for the little bumpkins. I think I'll hava a salad if my sister has any left. Nothing looks good in the cupboard.

;) chris

Princess1122
10-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi all,

Just wanted to stop by quickly and see how everyone is doing. It is pretty cold here lately... mother nature has brought us cold weather sooner then normal so we are all running for our coats and hats... But it is really sunny out today so that is a pleasent change.

How is everyone else doing?

Susan

chrily
10-26-2006, 12:34 AM
Hey Susan and Judy and all you turtle gals.

Been another busy day in my life. I wanna know when I get to take some time for myself. I am just dying to do something just for me.

Its late and I wanna go soak in the tub before bed. I'll check in tomorrow and hopefully be able to report that I was an angel and stayed OP and out of the candy for the day.

chris

Princess1122
10-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Good morning everyone! Well it is a rainy day here in Indy and it is supposed to be this way for a while so I guess it is indoor activities for the weekend. Nothing new here really... just trying to stay on plan and motivated to exercise when I am supposed to. It is hard to believe that Christmas is only two months away, seems like the summer went so fast this year.

Chris: Love those late evening hot baths! They are my favorite way to wined down at the end of a long day.

Judy: How are you doing?

How is everyone else doing these days? Check in when you can!
Susan

Itryharder
10-26-2006, 10:44 AM
Chris,
You are so busy. Now exactly how did your dh think a puppy would add to serenity and peacefulness in your home? LOL. You know what? I bet the puppy helps you all have a good attitude because he's so lively. Good luck with all you do. That late night soak sounds heavenly. I've got to remember to do that more often. :idea:

Princess,
Glad to have you chiming in. I know you'll figure out indoor activities to help you through this turn of weather. Good luck at the scale this week. :goodscale: Do you think back to what your co-worker said and smile about how you inspired her?

There's a gal in my WW's group who is ignoring the total amount of weight she is/has lost. She just looks at her weekly WI, if it's down, she's happy and keeps on going on. I think she's got something there.She has been pretty bitter in the past complaining about how losing 1/2# a week is much too slow. Then her weight went up! SHades of me! I was so discouraged yesterday. I have been back at WW's since 2000. How embarrasing! Honestly, I could kick myself. This seems like an endless struggle. This week I lost one pound which is good, but not great when you consider I had eaten poorly for two weeks and had gained almost two. So, for the last 8 weeks, I have lost two pounds. Now my new self is coming up and over the hump and saying, that's okay. You're moving in the right direction.
Family Halloween Party this weekend. It's a huge deal. About 30 people, lots of very scary decorations ala my dh and great food ala me. Now I am making an effort to eat the foods that are on Core and I'm adding fruit as a alternative to the sweeter desserts. Good for me. cheer:

Ariana and Mousie, please chime in when you can.
Bandit, I can tell you're doing great this week.
Best to all,
Judy

bandit2
10-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Hi everyone:

Just chipping away at things up here & trying to behave with my eating.

My bf is campaign manager for upcoming election so there is lots of sociallizing etc. I am passing on the dinner tonight & meeting them all afterwards for the debate.

All you turtles sound like you are pretty staying OP so here's a big CHEER
for everyone! Keep up the good work.

chrily
10-27-2006, 01:33 AM
Well today stunk! I managed to get into a fight with my dad at work and now he's not talking to me. All over a stupid phone message I took regarding some candy a gal was wondering if he could get. I told her that I'd have him call her back and then I just jotted down the candy info on the phone message after I hung up. He assumed I told her we could get it and the price and everything so he blew up and I got upset. He told me not to get so upset and I told him he didn't need to yell at me and then he said he wasn't yelling yet, but he was dam* close to it. He didn't give me a chance to explain the note before he had it all formulated in his head what he thought I did. So I almost walked out and off my job and have been crying off and on all afternoon and feeling depressed. My dad is a hard man to get along with sometimes. I can guarantee he will NEVER apologize. Monday ought to be just fun x 10....

Praying that tomorrow goes better for me and for all of you ladies that are struggling. Looks like most of you are doing pretty good though. Have a great night!

chris

Princess1122
10-31-2006, 09:49 AM
Morning all. Well I went yesterday to get the halloween candy for tonight and I was able to find these little animal cracker prepackeged treats that are only one point per bag so I grabbed a bag of them and that way I can snack on one and not dip into the chocolate stuff that we are going to give out to the trick or treaters :D

W/I on Saturday did not get well... up 1.4 but it was that TOM so I expected it but for some reason I was hoping that it would not show... silly me!

I need to break this cycle that I am on right now as I am gaining and loosing the same 2 or 3 lbs each month and basically chasing my own tail... frustrating! I think that I need to revisit the Wendy plan again and kick start my body again. I know I need to exercise more as I have really let that slip on the weekends.

Have to run... I have to take my son to the Orthodontist this morning for the initial consultation... now that should be fun when they show me the bill!

Susan

Itryharder
10-31-2006, 10:58 AM
Princess,
You're right--TOM brings about a weight gain regardless of what we did the previous week. I know my leader always talks about shaking it up when the same weight gets lost and found in a month. I'd love to hear how you do on the Wendie plan. I think it's worth a shot, even if you only do it for a few weeks. Ariana has been very successful on it. I know how much you want to get this weight off, so here's a :cheer: to help you!

Chris,
sorry your Dad exploded. I'm sure all is settled by now. Take it easy, let us know how your weight loss program is working out. :grouphug:

My dh and I had a wonderful Halloween party over the weekend. The costumes were fun and we had about 30 people here. Really great. We've been doing this now for about 10 years and people really look forward to it.
He sets up a spooky basement and we have decorations all over the house as well. As far as food, it could have been better, but it wasn't awful and I got right back on track. If I gain this week, I know I can knock it off next week. I need a challenge for exercise. Right now I promise I will get on the treadmill twice this upcoming week. I know it would shake up my weight loss.
I'm leary because I hurt my hip last year, but I was able to swim this summer and I have to just do it! I should be able to tell how I'm doing and not overdo.
So, there you have it!
Judy

bandit2
10-31-2006, 02:11 PM
Happy Halloween, all you Turtles!

Princess1122
11-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Morning all, well Trick or Treating went well, got rid of most of the candy which is a good thing. We had some really cute little monsters show up so it was fun even if it was cold here.

I exercised last evening and that went really well, it really felt good and I changed it around a bit and did the elipitcal first and then the treadmill followed by the tummy exercises and I found that it worked out much better that way.

I have my yearly check up and mamogram today... I am very much ready to talk to my doctor about somethings that I have been experiencing lately... I swear it is menopause but every time I have tried to talk to her about it she tells me a I am too young but I doubt that and since trading in this body for a newer model is not an option I need some answers that will at the very least make me feel better and be able to sleep a bit better.

I will check back in later on.

Susan

Ariana2000
11-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Hello ladies...I've missed a lot...I'm not even going to try and catch up, I'm just going to jump back into the fray.

I'm frustrated right now, because it's the dreaded Day After Halloween, and I seem to have lost 90% plus of my willpower. It's tough seeing candy everywhere, and I know I'm whining, but oh dear god, why do the skinny people (and those that are indifferent/happy with their weight) have to bring so much d*mn candy to work? I can avoid it in the grocery, I can avoid it in my apartment, it isn't at the gym, I can even avoid it in the mall (I'm starting to feel like Dr. Seuss here), but it seems so much harder to avoid it at work. Maybe it's because work, although I love it, is the most stressful part of my day, and so my body goes twitching after the candy for a quick fix to my stress. <sigh>

I've been inching downwards these last three weeks, down .2, down .6, down .2. Of course, this last week was my birthday, and I was at home for four days, so I'm probably up again. And as I'm sure you've heard before, my willpower is at an all-time low when I'm at home, and my family offers me junk food. I was better this time, not good, but better; I guess, as long as I get better at managing it every time I go home (to Phoenix), then that's a victory of sorts. I also fell on the stairs outside my apartment on Monday, tweaked my ankle, and wasn't able to workout while I was in Tucson, before I went home. <sigh>

I think that my real problems are:
1) I don't count points. It's so tedious, and I'm just like a depressive, taking my medicine (or in this case, counting points), and it works out and I lose weight, and then I get overconfident, and stop using the book and keeping close track, and that works for a little while, lulling me into a false sense of security, and then it slips away from me and I'm maintaining or yo-yoing in a small range (up 1, down 1, up 1.5, down 1, etc.) Counting points is so tedious, but I guess I don't have any choice. Maybe I should get one of this electronic planners and start keeping track of my points on there. It would be easier to carry with me. And I love gadgets. But I have credit cards to pay off. <sigh> Either way, I have to go back to tracking, even on the weekends. I know I probably shouldn't complain -- I've lost lmost 50 pounds, I'm almost 2/3rds of the way there, but I swear to god these last 28 pounds are going to kill me! (Well, no, melodrama there, but I'm frustrated.)

2) I have a hard time resisting junk food at work and at home -- I need to go back to my 5 pm candy plan, one piece, count it, and eat it at 5 pm. It's worth a shot, although I'm open to any and all suggestions.

SO. Tomorrow. Point book. Continue working out. Keep tracking points. And I will try and make it in here at least once a day during the week, even if work is insane. I can't promise, but I will try. You ladies are very helpful, so supportive...thanks for letting me blow off some steam and frustration.

Con Gran Carino/With Great Affection,
Ari

Itryharder
11-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Hi Turtles,
Princess,
I am so happy that you got your exercise in gear :tread:. Weigh to go!

Ariana, right now I can feel your pain. No kidding. You can do this. If the electronic tracker is a little out of your price range right now, how about the speedtrack in your booklet WW gives each week? Lots of my friends on Flex use it because they don't like to journal. Another quicky--just keep a running record on any piece of paper. Tally your points and when you hit the target for the day, stop or use part of the 35 points. Of course another option is to switch to Core for a week or two to change things up completely and do away with counting points. I don't have trouble with Core. I have trouble when I go off Core. LOL, but not very funny. You are tremendously successful and you can do this. Even when it's tough keep on posting here because I think that helps you keep on track. As far as the stupid candy, try chewing noncaloric gum while at work and drink tons of water. You have so many good habits that I know you can do this.

I threw away today and it's sooooo weird. I feel like I want to weigh 130# and I don't want to do the work. I need a huge attitude change and it's up to me to do it. Skipped WW's WI and mtg. which is never a good sign. I'm in a lazy stupor right now and I swear it's because of carbs. I've eaten too many today. I will give you a better report tomorrow. IN the meantime, all of you do well, be happy and take care.
Love
Judy :cool:

bandit2
11-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Happy Birthday Ariana and hang in there, you have done great.

Judy - I feel like you. Think I have overdosed on carbs & candy and really feel crappy. Feel like I need to detox for a few days. Also been having social dinners with the election up here & actually have a dinner tomorrow night. Fun - but with Halloween as well. Not good.

Well, we all know what we have to do to lose weight & feel good.
So, lets get our "turtle butts" back on gear & really stay OP.

We can, We can, We can DO IT!!!

Ariana2000
11-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Judy: Thank you. I appreciate the empathy -- I just get so frustrated sometimes. At least it's not just me. I looked into electronic WW point trackers, and I don't think I want to spend the $ right now. No, strike that -- the compulsive spender, the one who spends to relieve stress, that part of me wants to buy that, and more. But that got me into debt, so, no, not going to do it. I think the speed tracker is a good idea, but that's tricky with the wendy plan. Not sure I could do core. But I did bust out my point tracker today, and write my point allowances per day on every day, and kept it simple (i.e. I know that my fixed regimen (cereal, 2 fruit, 1c milk, 2 dark chocolate hershey kisses = 8 points) means that I only have to keep track of stuff outside of my regimen, (lunch, dinner, snacks), so I wrote the available points down on each day (i.e. today is 18/26 -- I get 18 points for lunch, dinner and snacks.) That means I only have to keep track of lunch, dinner and snacks, which is slightly less tedious. I just wrote down my lunch, right now.

I did buy some gum yesterday, great minds think alike. I appreciate the support.

Re Your life -- 130 -- are you 5'3" too? That is my target weight as well. I can't remember the height ranges for that weight. Oh, if only we could get there without the work. I understand how you feel. It could because of the carbs -- or is something in general troubling you?

Bandit -- thank you, sweetie. Sorry you aren't feeling well.

Work is making me nuts, nuts, nuts, which is only making my stress go up and my desire to eat cr*p go up too...but I will NOT, and I am going to the gym today, and if that's not possible, I will take an hour and quilt tonight, and go to the gym tomorrow instead.

Also, I am going to Colorado next week. Not sure how much internet access I'll have; I won't be back until Friday afternoon.

Well, I haven't had much of a lunch break, but I need to get back to it, since I'm leaving next week.

Princess1122
11-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Morning all... well you all know by now that I just love Fridays but today is just about the most welcome Friday I have seen in a very long time... I have been poked, proded, smashed, drilled and filled this week to the point that I can not take anymore... I have been dealing with on going dental problem and have been to the dentist three times in 9 days, I had my yearly checkup and mamogram this week, and that is all just the tip of the iceburg and since I have been in pain from the dental issue I am just plain worn out and fed up... I just want to go home and hide from the world for a while. Between the blood work and everything I am bruised, battered and basically feel like I have been run over with a truck. Ok, I'm done complaining now.

Looking forward to the weekend but not W/I... the scale is not moving at all so that is not good but I am just going to go and get W/I and face the music... what ever it is.

Ariana: So sorry to hear that you are struggling... I really do feel for you and I am very sure that you will figure it out and be back on track in no time. I know that stress in our lives is a huge health factor for us and sometimes we don't realize how much damage it can do to our bodies. That is what the doctor told me about some of the things I have been going thru lately... like my hair thinning and stuff like that... she told me it could be stress and that I should calm down and take a break... I just looked at her and thought... "easy for you to say!". Anyway, I sure hope it gets better soon for you!

Judy: How are you doing? I know that you have your moments but you are very strong and I just know you will be moving towards your goal soon.

Bandit: I agree! We need to get moving again... I am trying and will just have to try harder... I find it way to easy to make excuses for myself and my bad habits.

Chris: How are you doing? How is everything going with your dad and your job?

Have to run but have a great weekend!
Susan

Itryharder
11-03-2006, 11:52 AM
This is the best bale of Turtles in the world!!!!
I think we need a :grouphug: to help us all. I am so proud of us for posting even when things get tough because that's when we all need it the most.
Quick update: Even though I babysat yesterday I made sure I ate Core foods and brought my lunch with me. I ran out of the house eating grape tomatoes--that's how serious I am. It was a great day and the carb collapse is over. Today I am going to plan a weekly menu of dinners, make sure I have enough fruit and fresh veggies in the house, and keep my positive attitude. Having company on Sunday for dinner, but I am having a pork loin roast and yummy veggies. For dessert I'm offering fruit and an angel food cake. Yummy and completely OP. If I eat the cake, it'll only be 2-3 points and I hope I decide to only eat the fruit. :cheer:

Ariana, :hb: even though I'm a little late. And :bravo: for doing "better" with your "at home in cozy environment" eating. Heaven knows that's tough! And I am sooooo thrilled for you that you were able to do better. Hey, whine away.
I swear it helps! LOL I've been a venter and a whiner my whole life. It seems as though once I say it out loud, it goes away. Hmmmm, I have a feeling I could also write it down and tear it up, but that's a personal style change. Anyway, hey, you're doing great. The stress at work is tough, chewing gum will work, you've had a great weight loss so far, and you're doing terrific. The Wendie Plan works for you when you count points and you're right back on track. :cheer: WEigh to go. Have a good week in your new location next week, and we'll catch up with you the following week. If you can chime in, great!!!!!

Princess,
Okay, I see you on your throne with your crown amiss, little bruises everywhere, and a big white towel wrapped around your jaw and head addressing your dental problems. Listen, it was a crummy week, you did the right thing, and it's over now. Good for you! And I send you kudos for getting yourself to your WW mtg and WI. You are valiant! Here's a :grouphug: for you and :bravo: to you for writing and adding so much to this site. Thanks for the kind words. I am a strong woman and I can get on top of my eating habits. Last fall was perfect, and I can do a lot better than I am doing right now. Ariana--I think my dh is making me a little crazed right now with his worries and his fears about aging. When he voices it, it resonates back to me and I get to worrying too. I am trying mightily to get above and beyond that worry and to put myself on the top of my list. It worked yesterday and I'm going to make it work today. One hour at a time if I need to~~

Bandit, boy, are you busy with social activities. I applaud all you do. We dealt with Halloween, but you had that and all the election dinners, etc. Good for you for doing your best. You are right. We can can can do this!
:goodscale:

Chris, here's a :hug: to help you out. Post whenever you can because I miss you.

Okay guys--gotta run. Take care, put yourself and your healthy eating plan first, and do it!
Love,
Judy
:cool:

Ariana2000
11-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Ladies:
Well, yesterday was another very stressful day, but I finally went to my boss and told him I had these six things on my plate, which was most important -- and I'll focus on that, and do them one at a time. My problem is that, being a type-A perfectionist when it comes to work, I want it done perfectly, and I want it done now, especially if it's a high priority -- unfortunately, four of my things to do were high priority, and I was trying to get them all done at once and going crazy. He told me he thought was most important, in what order, and I'm working on that. It's definitely less stressful, which helps.

I managed to make it through yesterday without eating a single piece of candy, for the first time in weeks, which was tough, but I did it -- I had gotten into the habit of having a little piece here, a little piece there from my friend's candy, and it was just destructive. So I got through my first day without doing that, despite the stress, and I am quite proud. I also forgot to tell you guys -- I maintained this week, which is an accomplishment, because every other time I've gone home in the last year, I've gained weight -- every time. So managing to not gain weight is great!

I'm worried about going to Colorado, that it will disrupt my workout regimen, and that I will be tempted to eat all sorts of bad stuff. So, I've been thinking and planning all week. I've figured out that there is a Bally's 7 miles from my hotel, and I've verified that my membership is a national plan, so I can use it in Colorado. I'm going to get a map from the hotel to the nearest grocery store, and when I get in, I'm going to buy some milk, cereal, fruit and chopped veggies, so that I can have some healthy snacks in my room, and I can eat in. The company is paying for my meals, so I'll probably order pizza hut, a staple of my diet back here -- two medium think-crust veggie lover slices = 8 points. So I am going to do my best to not gain weight, and maybe even lose it while I'm on "vacation" (I only have to work four hours Tuesday and 8 hours Thursday -- the rest of the week, from Monday afternoon to Friday afternoon is mine, all mine. ;D)

Princess: ugh! sorry about all of the medical work, prodding and poking. Maybe you should treat yourself to a nice, long bath? Re W/I: You can hack it. I know you can. If it hasn't moved, I have faith that you can figure out why and do something about it. I appreciate the empathy.

Judy -- I agree! I think that posting even when times are tough helps us all -- I'm finding that out personally. :D Sounds like you have a good, solid strategy for the week. Thank you for the support -- I am pretty proud of eating well when I'm at home too. :D I'm glad you understand the need to whine...sometimes we do just need to get it out of our systems!

I'm leaving for Colorado monday -- I'll try and post when I'm there. If that's not possible, have a wonderful week, ladies! I'll be back late Friday afternoon, so I'll check in again the following Monday.

chrily
11-04-2006, 01:04 AM
Hey all, the fun in my life never ceases. My dad didn't talk to me until yesterday. :D But of course in the mean time we had another scare. Kelly had to go in for a "procedure" on Wed. They were checking him for cancer now in his esophagus and stomach. He had x-rays done last week and they had found some suspicious spots. I was scared to death and spent the past week bawling my eyes out and worried about losing my husband to the big C. Well we did the endoscopy and they did a biopsy. The doc thinks its just polyps in the opening of his stomach. He said not to worry too much. But the meds he's on for his acid reflux aren't working that well so they do want him to have stomach surgery to close up the opening to his stomach considerably to keep the acid from refluxing up into his esophagus and doing more damage. First he has to do a test on monday. He gets to eat radioactive eggs and then they will xray and see how long it takes his stomach to digest. Slow digestion makes more acid go up out of the stomach I guess. Anyhow, he has a ton of ulcers in his esophagus so surgery will be good.

I'm more relaxed now. Not so stressed and I think I am ready to work on me for awhile. :D I think I have had my fair share of excitement for the year. Someone else can take over for me....PLEASE!!!!

Oh. I had my parent/teacher conference for my middle daughter yesterday. The little monkey needs glasses. I did it!!! I passed the bad eye sight on to another family member. I think she won't mind. It will probably blow her mind away to see how sharp things can actually look.

Itryharder
11-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Hi Turtles,
I'm chiming in today so that i stay strong in my resolve to keep on keepin' on with Core when I have my company tonight. I read a tiny bit in my inspirational book about eating when hungry and working on the emotionality of what I call "fake hunger"==which to me is I'm stressed, what's to eat?

Two days of great food choices makes me feel wonderful. Now I'm working on day number three.

Chrily,
Okay, first the good stuff. You and your dd are lucky to have a teacher who spotted her vision difficulties. Thank goodness we have glasses to help. Having glasses should result in a lot of positive changes for your daughter.
So :bravo: for the teacher who was doing a "heads up".

As far as your dh's condition, I'm sending prayers and a :grouphug: that his doctors will help him heal. I'm also sending a :love: to you so that this cycle of excitement has an exit strategy. That's my crazy way of saying, "enough"
excitement. You've had more than your share. I'm hoping things go much better very soon!

Everybody, have a good Sunday. The weather here is crisp and sunny and that's the way I like it. I looked at my calendar and realized why this time of the year is always crunch time. We always have a big Halloween party. This year my dh got sick right after the party, so I cleaned up everything which took me most of Monday. Tuesday was Halloween and I was in a carb stupor from candy. I will not do that again! Wednesday I got back on track in my head about eating. Thursday I watched the baby after getting some Christmas shopping done. Friday I really cleaned the house. Saturday I worked on papers and continued Christmas shopping by going online for a couple of items. Today I am going shopping for the Thanksgiving items that are non-perishable and also for the perishables for tonight's get together.
Lots to do and paperwork to keep up with. Thanksgiving is only 2 1/2weeks away and my ds and his family will be here for about 5 days. I love it, but it is tiring for me and I need to be prepared.

Okay, now that I have bored you completely, let me wish you :goodvibes: and :tread: and :goodscale: for a great day.
Love,

chrily
11-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Got the biopsy results. Not good but not bad either. His esophageal cells are changing, indicating he has the potentional to develop cancer. No cancer yet, but they are going to keep a close eye on it. The damage that is done is irreversible so I guess we just go with it. Also though, his biopsy showed some weird cells that are usually present in the esophagus when a person has food allergies. He has mentioned having his mouth itch during the day so I think he should go to an allergy doc and see what's up. Odd stuff.

I'm doing good today. No snacking but I'm cranky. I'm TOM and hubby is on my nerves in a big way cracking little jokes and saying stuff that is just grating on my nerves because he just keeps pushing and pushing. He knows it bugs me, I've told him before. Plus he wanted to get stuff done around here and my daughter and I are working our butts off and he's not.

I think I need a vacation from life. :)

Gonna get back to the junk work....YUCK!

chris

Itryharder
11-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Hi Turtles,
I got through yesterday. I have accounted for the few foods that were off-Core. I also ate more than I needed, but since it was a company dinner, that's okay. The funny thing is that I am not all that hungry this morning, so I'll postpone my first meal. I think this will work for me. Thought you'd like to know I was pretty successful on my social occasion.
Good luck to all of us. Hope your weekends were great.

bandit2
11-06-2006, 01:09 PM
OK - just typed a long post & got kicked out. What is up with that? I find that very frustrtaing.

Princess - hope you mouth is feelling better & your w/i wasn't as bad as expected.

Chris - hoping good things for your dh

Judy - congrats on staying OP, good for you.

As for me up here - the weather has been great. Eating - not so great.
Still busy with election dinners & door-knocking. Will all be over next Mon, so looking foward to that. Then we are off to Vegas on the 18th for 1 week, so really looking forward to that.

Keep up the good work, stay motivated and thanks for being here.

Talk later.

Itryharder
11-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Hi turtles,
Bandit, I echo your "Thanks for being here." I have come to rely on this group for pep talks and how you all share your experiences. Let's keep on keepin' on. We can do this.
Judy

Princess1122
11-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Morning all... Just a quick check in to see how everyone is doing. The dental issue is ongoing still... I was back yesterday and he thinks that it is TMJ but I am not so sure... what I am sure of is that I am just plain tired of being in pain and having to take pills to get thru the day.

W/I did not go well on Saturday... up a pound and I am not really sure why... I just need to regroup and de-stress and I am sure that I will figure it out.

I don't have time for individual replies this morning but I hope that all is well with everyone!
Susan

Itryharder
11-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, I hear your :stress: about pain and I'm sending you :goodvibes: to
help you out. Feel well and get this behind you!

Today I went to WI and stayed exactly the same as two weeks ago. It's a little frustrating, but then I have to remember that when I go off, I go *off* and that's never a good thing. I have to trust that if I keep on this good path and don't procrastinate that I will continue to lose weight. What I have to do is give myself a :cheer: for the almost 5# I've lost, keep a good attitude :bubbles:, and keep on keepin' on.

I was :stress: at my WI, talked to my leader for a tiny bit, and felt that I needed to get my anxiety about the holidays under control. So, I came home, got out my lists, etc. and organized them very well. Then I went Christmas shopping because Macy's is having good sales and right now the stock is excellent. So, I did a really good thing for my state of mind today and feel much better.

You all take care, chime in when you can. I'm sending a :grouphug: to all of us because you can't get too many hugs!
Love,
Judy
234.6/217.4/thinner into onederland :cool:

bandit2
11-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Hi turtles:

Day 3 of being OP even with the social things. So, feeling good about that
and physically feel better as well.

Be glad when election next Monday is over but then something else will be the challenge. Just part of life, I guess and have to deal with things
"One day at a time" and one OP day at a time & keep going even though we all have bad days.

Have a good ww - water drinking - exercising - fun evening! :-)

Itryharder
11-08-2006, 08:40 PM
Bandit, I can't believe you wrote that even with all the social occasions you can do this one step at a time, one day at a time. That's what I'm doing now and I'm also working on forgetting about perfectionism because it'll kick me in the you know where every time!
Good luck everybody!
Judy

Princess1122
11-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Well I have been really good all week so I am hoping for a loss on the scale Saturday when I weigh in. Keeping my fingers crossed as a drop would be really good for my confidence level right now.

Seems hard to believe that the holidays are right around the corner!

Susan

chrily
11-10-2006, 02:15 PM
I am so far behind in keeping up with you gals, I'm not even going to try. Its been super busy around here. I just haven't had time to even breathe. I'm supposed to be working on my homework right now but I'm being a slacker right now.

I'm trying to behave this week. It is so hard anymore. I don't know how to get back into the groove when I was doing so good and losing weight. It's frustrating to know that I AM the only thing holding me back. Why I choose to be like that, I really can't figure out.

Okay...back to the homework scene. I promise to try to check in more often.

Oh, DH is okay so far. They called him in for an ultrasound on Tuesday to check his thyroid again. His doc. thinks the mass on it has gotten bigger. If its not one thing its another. He sees his other doc in a few days to discuss doing stomach surgery.

Christina

bandit2
11-10-2006, 06:30 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - Hoping all your hard work will pay off tomorrow at the scales.
Sending you "skinny vibes" and good luck at weigh-in.

Chrily - Maybe try to focus on just one thing to get you back on track.
Then the other good habits will follow as well - "baby steps" will get you far in the long run. Hoping your dh is OK - that has to be very stressful for you along with all your school work. Hang in there.

As for me, I was down 1.4# at my w/i today so was very pleased with that.
I journalled and stayed OP all week & even had a few halloween treats that I planned & tracked. Haven't had much time with the election stuff for my exercise - I know that is no excuse, but am using it anyway.

Hi to all the rest of our bale & have a great weekend.

Itryharder
11-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Hi TUrtles,
Princess, good luck with your WI this morning. Sending :goodvibes: to you.
Your're doing great.

Chris,
You've got a lot on your plate right now and when in those circumstances we usually put a lot on our plate by eating too much. Bandit's ideas will help a lot. Maybe you want to keep a tally of the water you drink each day, maybe you need a quick trip to the grocery store to make sure you have fruit and veggies in the house. Choose one thing, do it, and then go ahead and do the next thing. Before you know it you'll be right on track. When you lost your weight before, were your circumstances different? Remember you've been very successful, you deserve to take care of yourself, and that things will get better. :grouphug:

Bandit, weigh to go with your weight loss! You rule!!!! :goodscale: That is so fabulous to lose so much weight while you're still in the throes of all your activities. Good luck with the election on Monday and keep on keepin' on!
:bravo:

So far I'm doing great. Today I have a birthday luncheon to attend and tomorrow I have another party to attend. However, I'm planning on succeeding and getting weight off this week. Wish me luck!

Ariana, by the way, I am 5'4" and realistically hope to get to about 150-160#.
Of course I'd love to be 130#, but that was when I was 23 years old--a long time ago. LOL

Have a great weekend.
Judy
234.6/215.4?/thinner into onederland

chrily
11-12-2006, 02:22 AM
Hi all...I really should be in bed but I'm reading through research for a paper I'm doing in English. It actually wasn't too bad of a day. My SIL is out at her house with our two littlest girls. She is packing her stuff and getting ready to move into an apt. a few blocks from our house. They were able to get her into a wheelchair accessible apt for low income people. It is really a nice place. Not that she's going to be in a wheelchair forever, but it will be easier having her closer. So anyhow..I only had my oldest daughter today. We went to her basketball game and then did some shopping. Then I took my ACCT test and hubby surprised us by taking us out to dinner. It was alot more relaxing than most of my days anymore. It felt great!

Now I'm tired and I really should get my butt to bed. I know...Bandit...babysteps. I need to get where I need to be. Sitting here wishing I were thin isn't getting me anywhere. Time to do it little by little.

christina

Itryharder
11-12-2006, 08:30 PM
Hi GUys,
Chrily, so glad you had a nice day and that things are looking up for your SIL
Everybody: I'm starting thread #171. See you there.
Judy