Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies (#99)

4myloves
10-23-2006, 03:52 PM
Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

:hug:

gdeann
10-23-2006, 03:59 PM
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes ________ pushing a baby carriage.... guesses anyone?

No Cheryl, Liz is not getting married....THANK GOODNESS!

4myloves
10-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Gayle, you little :devil:

ARE YOU PREGGERS???

4myloves
10-23-2006, 04:17 PM
No, wait!!!

Did Robert Redford offer Steve $1,000,000 to let you have sex with him?

4myloves
10-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Shelley, It would appear that I've lost the birthday thread!!

I'll make a new one asap!

vouge09
10-23-2006, 05:19 PM
yes my dog was special , my dad said he would wait for me to go to the vets office than he went while I was in school , ohh I was so mad at him I literally didnt talk to hime for like 3 days !!!!

So I went to a birthday party on friday and wore my goal jeans!!!!! squee!!! I mean they were kinda tight but my friend had no idea they were my goal jeans, she goes so try on your goal jeans and show me , mabey you can wear them and Im like uh I am wearing them! squee!!!!!

But I mean I was happy, but I dont feel satified. I dont feel half as satified as I thought I would when I could wear them. I should be on cloud nine but right now I dont care all that much,.....whats wrong with me?

I dont know my new weight but obviously I have lost mabey at least 5 more lbs if I can wear them , I think I need to set my thanksgiving goal higher for 30 lbs!

Gayle- whats up???????

gdeann
10-23-2006, 05:40 PM
NOPE! Not preggers Cheryl!!

First comes love, then comes marriage then comes ______ pushing the baby carriage..... not necessarily in that order....

Shucks! Robert Redford hasn't called here yet!

Vouge, Congrats on the goal jeans! YIPPEEE!!!

ShelleyM
10-24-2006, 06:38 AM
Cheryl-Re:Poll-I have tried just about every diet out there-Diet Center, Scarsdale, Atkins, WW, Pineapple, Grapefruit, Pritikin...I can't even remember them all, there have been so many since my single digit days. Isn't that horrible?

Gayle-Come on!!! Who is getting married that's already pregnant??

gdeann
10-24-2006, 09:15 AM
Someone is getting married that already has children...

coles
10-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Gayle - thanks for the info on choking.
Shelley - I have tried every diet on the planet too. Don't feel bad. We are always looking for the miracle diet that will be easy.

4myloves
10-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Gayle, Brad and Angelina?

gdeann
10-24-2006, 10:14 AM
NOPE! But your awful close!

4myloves
10-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Tom and Katie?

gdeann
10-24-2006, 10:54 AM
Nope! Another sexy couple...

alinnell
10-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Gayle--come on, you're killin' us here!

Re: Poll--wow. Calorie counting, Atkins, Cabbage Soup, starvation, Beverly Hills Diet (remember that one?), grapefruit, "Mayo" clinic, and so many more that I can't remember. And guess what? Diets don't work--Lifestyle changes do!

gdeann
10-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Anyone ever try the Cambridge diet of not eating food for weeks on end, just drinking the shakes? Been there, done that.
My favorite one yet (NOT!) was the Army diet. Guess what the main food was? EGGS! Guess who can't stand eggs??? ME! I remember actually blending a raw egg with another allowed food to make a shake, just because I couldn't stand the thought of eating a cooked egg. YUCK! Guess how much success I had on that plan!! LOL!

vouge09
10-24-2006, 04:02 PM
tru dat alli nell .we all know I have only really done atkins , I did eat like 600 calories a day in 7th grade, It was a diet my best friend got from her modeling school , I lost some weight on it then changed and ate a peice of cake and that was over. but yeah. Atkins is really great for me right now.

Gayle its not britney and kevin again ... hope not , uh I know hidie klum is preggers again.

OH no not jen and vince....

4myloves
10-24-2006, 04:09 PM
Can't be Jen and Vince--no kids.

vouge09
10-24-2006, 04:11 PM
riigghht my bad .... uh....none of my choices work. there all married.

Deelite
10-24-2006, 06:10 PM
Ok gayle time to fess up..........

gdeann
10-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Do I have to???? THIS IS FUN!

Beecee
10-24-2006, 06:32 PM
HI! I'm new to 3 Fat chicks but unfortunatley not to dieting. I too have tried the Atkings, Beverly Hills, Weight Watchers, Cabbage Soup,4 Day Diet and others I can't even remember the name of!! Well, here I go again. I started back to Weight Watchers last Thursday. I just don't know how I can always find the weight I lost once before. It's sort of like shooting yourself in the foot! I've been reading some of your posts and this seems like a great upbeat group. Hope you don't mind if I listen in for inspiration.

4myloves
10-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Welcome Beecee--glad to have you!

You're always more than welcome to lurk and we'd love for you to chime in whenever you want!

Cheryl

alinnell
10-24-2006, 06:58 PM
Gayle......we really want to know!!! Can you tell I'm whining? (Or should I say wine-ing! LOL)

gdeann
10-24-2006, 08:04 PM
Open up a bottle of wine Allison, get it ready, we will need it to celebrate. In fact, I'm going to go have a glass now... (giggles)

I hope Aunt Hazel is ok, I am missing Suzy, not like her not to post.

WELCOME BEECEE!!! JOIN IN, we are a GREAT group!

Ok girls, do you really want me to fess up or would you prefer I keep the hints rolling for a bit longer??? I have a feeling you guys will never guess.

Next hint:

Love, Lust & Marriage

Love: When you take a bubble bath together
Lust: When you take a bath in Jell-O together
Marriage: When you give the kids a bath

Love: A romantic candle-light dinner for two
Lust: "Do I have to buy you dinner first?"
Marriage: 4 Happy Meals . . . to go

Love: Giving your love some candy
Lust: Thinking you are the candy
Marriage: Scraping candy off of the carpet

Love: A night out at the Symphony
Lust: A night out at the Ramada Inn
Marriage: A night out at Sesame Street On Ice.

Love: Aroma -- French perfume
Lust: Aroma -- Brut aftershave
Marriage: Aroma -- "The baby needs changing. . ."

Love: Lending your jacket to your love when he/she is cold
Lust: "I can think of a way to stay warm . . ."
Marriage: Your teenager just took your jacket.

Love: Long drives through the countryside
Lust: Long parking sessions at Lover's Lookout
Marriage: Long drives with the kids screaming in the backseat.

Lynneye
10-24-2006, 08:04 PM
Welcome Beecee! Join in!

Gayle, you are driving me crazy, trying to figure it out!!!

I came home from work early today, just needed to come home. I haven't done that in ages. Came home, put on my jammies and have been lazy, watching TV and just relaxing! I really feel better now! Even chopped stuff to throw in the crock pot in the AM for tomorrow's dinner. Made dinner at home tonight, so Rob is happy too!

SuzyMc
10-25-2006, 06:51 AM
Hi everyone! Sorry to be MIA so long, but I have been back up staying with Aunt Hazel 24/7 since Sunday. It's probably a good thing too, because Sunday night we were back in the ER. Her BP dropped down to 80/50 and she thought she was going to pass out...very similar to the episode that happened last Wednesday night that convinced her that she needed to go to rehab in the first place. They had no explanation for it at the ER as her BP was normal by the time we got to the hospital, but they did discover that she was a bit dehydrated and that she had an UTI. They put a halter type heart monitor on her and sent her back home with an antibiotic for the UTI. I chucked the water right to her Monday and she had a really good day...best since she's been home. We half joked that if the paper work hadn't already been done for the rehab that she wouldn't have to go, but she decided that it was best to go anyway. She's all settled in now and putting on a braver face than I am. I cried all afternoon yesterday after I got home. I know it was her choice but I felt so bad leaving her there. She is doing good though. After watching all the preliminary PT tests I really don't think she will need to be there that long...she passed them all with flying colors other than the distance walking. I really think that if they can build up her stength a bit and figure out what is causing these "spells" and get them stopped that she will be fine to be on her own. Please say a prayer and keep your fingers crossed that they can do just that.

Ok Gayle, time to clue us in...who is getting married??? :dizzy:

I'll try and catch up with everyone else later today after I'm a little more awake! Have a good morning everyone!

ShelleyM
10-25-2006, 06:59 AM
Gayle-According to your poem, I am definitly MARRIED!!! I never did the Cambridge Diet, but I did Herbelife. What about the one Oprah was on? I can't remember the name, but it was very expensive and you didn't eat for months. I wanted to do it, but couldn't afford it.

Suzy-I'm glad that at least Aunt Hazel is settled in.

Bee-Welcome!! Some of us here are doing WW, including me. We can help you through it, and if you have any questions, ask away!

Allison-Yes, I did the Beverly Hills Diet, I have the book of course!

Hi Cheryl, Dee, Debi, Vicki, Ramona, Vogue

Still clueless on the happy couple.

coles
10-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Well what a Sheba morning I have had. We have a fenced in yard, but Doug took the garbage out and didn't lock the gate. When I noticed it was open Sheba was gone. You all know she is deaf, doesn't see well and doesn't walk well. I banged on my daughters door and got her out of bed to watch the road. I got in the car and went up and down streets. When I was coming back my daughter was waving at me. Canine had Sheb in the back of the truck and said she had been hit. She was in a crate all wet and shaking. The canine lady said one of the neighbors found her in the ditch covered in water and half inside a calvert. I called the vet right away to tell them she was coming. When I got her inside and checked her out she was okay. Just wet and scared. She hadn't been hit she is just very stiff in the morning and especially when she is upset. I prayed to God not to let it end with her being killed on the road. She is my baby and I have kept her safe for 13 years. I am so thankful that she is home and doing okay. She is sleeping now, like nothing happened. Dear Doug will be hearing about this when he gets home.

alinnell
10-25-2006, 12:17 PM
Coles--oh, what a scary story! Doug should be given 1000 lashes with a wet noodle (or worse) for that one! On his defense, he probably didn't think that a blind, deaf, and lame dog would take a run for it. Glad to hear that she was found and that she's okay.

Gayle--who? I had my wine and the poem didn't help.

vouge09
10-25-2006, 02:07 PM
gayle - your song reminded me of the frank sinatra song Love and Marriage, that was the theme song to that show married with childen.

alli- The first time I heard the phrase 1000 lashes and a wet noodle was when my hist . teacher passed back my test with a 20 % on it and he goes 40 lashes and a wet noodle and I didnt get it, and he said for everyday it takes for me to figure it out he was going to take 10 points of my grade im like NOOOOOOOO but he was only kidding.

alinnell
10-25-2006, 02:19 PM
Wasn't it Ann Landers that always used that wet noodle lashing thing? I don't know. I always use it when someone does something dumb only because they weren't thinking of the consequences.

vouge09
10-25-2006, 02:35 PM
I Know Who It Is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alinnell
10-25-2006, 03:11 PM
Floozies--advice please.

What would you do? I discovered DD's blog and have been reading to keep abreast of her life because she doesn't open up to me much. I've read a few interesting tidbits ;) that I'm keeping secret, but a new development has me perplexed. :dizzy: She has a crush (nothing new) but it appears that said crush might also like her.........I obviously can't just start asking her about him--she has not said one word about it to me. Any suggestions?

4myloves
10-25-2006, 03:30 PM
You could always post anonymous comments on her blog. Type like a fellow teen and she'd probably never figure it out unless you told her or messed up :devil:

That's actually what I'd probably do!!

Deelite
10-25-2006, 03:38 PM
I just read the chalenge thread. You ladies Rock! Vouge you should feel proud that you are able to fit in those jeans!
Cheryl you are doing wonderful, it must feel great to be in the lower numbers.
Gayle down down you go, now remember no more yoyoing......I am like that I have to be careful!

Suzy I have been wondering how you and Aunt Hazel are doing. My blood pressure is low and I often have readings of 75-90 over 45-60. I know that the doctor says that if your dizzy or blacking out from lbp then we need to do something. I feel that way sometimes but no all the time and my bp is low most of the time. You are in my prayers.

Gayle now who the heck are you talking about?

Shelley how are things going? You haen't shared much about your life lately? Does Mike like his job? Have you started reno's?

Allison becareful of what you say. You wouldn't want your dd to know that you have been reading her diary. Is his name ever mentioned? You could always come out and ask her if she likes anybody? How old is she again?

Linda it sounds like you had a nice relaxing afternoon. We all need that sometimes, I hope that you don't feel guilty.

Janice I am glad that Sheba is ok. I always worry about my dog getting out. He loves to chase squirrels and never looks when he crosses the street. Can you imagine that?

Beecee welcome to our fun loving group. Post so that we can get to know you.

Tomorrow we are going out for dinner with some folks from Larry's work. There is a guy and a gal that are taking us out for dinner. Larry is their customer. We are going out to the most expensive restaurant in the city. Last year they took us out in Vegas and the bill was over $1500 for 7 of us. That sure was extravagant. I think that I will weigh in tomorrow morning at ww's.

alinnell
10-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Cheryl--I don't want to post a comment on the blog--she'd figure that out. besides, you have to register to post a blog. How could I register without giving myself away!

Dee--she's going to be 16 in a couple of weeks. He's 17. Yes, today's post did mention his name. DH and I have been aware of her crush since the start of school, but we didn't know EXACTLY who until just a few days ago. With the name, it clinches it.

I try to bring things up in a non-threatening way. They're both in band together, and he drives, so occasionally he'll drive her to/from a performance. I say things like, "it was sure nice of him to drive you" and "I hope you thanked him". She just clams up then.....I guess the worst thing would for me to appear as nosy as I really am! LOL She's acutely aware of the fact that she has never had a boyfriend (most of her best friends have had lots of boyfriends), so I could never just ask who she's dating. Even if I hinted with something like "is there someone you like?" she'd be all over that. She's going to the homecoming dance Saturday and I know I'll ask who she danced with, but knowing her, she either won't answer or she'll say she danced with a bunch of girls (she is going with a girlfriend).

It's actually really cute. I am happy for her, but I just don't want her to get in over her head--I mean, I don't want her to get hurt, but then that's just the Mom in me talking.

ShelleyM
10-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Janice-Give your doggy a big hug from Aunt Shelley, would you please? I hope she is doing better now, poor baby dog!!

Allison-My dd is 16. Your best bet is to be aloof about it, and just dance around the question. Sooner or later, you'll get an answer.

Dee-Do you know yet if you are going to come down here?

alinnell
10-25-2006, 07:04 PM
Thanks Shelley.

Has anyone guessed Gayles riddle? Where is she?

gdeann
10-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Janice, happy to hear you had good news at the end of your traumatic experience. I bet Doug will be sleeping in the dog house tonight, right? LOL!

Allison, I agree with Shelley, teenage girls are the worse in confessing to mom or dad who they like. A sure way to continue a relationship she starts is to say you don't like the boy. Vice versa, if you say you like him, he will instantly be gone. Thats the way it works at our house.

Dee, I can't believe I even have the little queen of romance stumped. I just knew for sure you would guess it. Enjoy your night out on the town!

Vouge, when I was in elementary school, I had a teacher who actually had a jar filled with water and a noodle inside of it. She would threaten us if we did anything wrong, she would whip us with it. Everyone behaved all school year just out of fear of being humiliated in front of the entire class.

Suzy, I hope aunt Hazel gets along ok. Mom had 2-3 UTI's right after she came home from the hospital too. Maybe it is from watching the fluid intake so closely when they are retaining fluid.

well, I guess I really should break the news to you guys and share my little secret.....

gdeann
10-25-2006, 07:21 PM
GUESS WHO IS GETTING MARRIED FRIDAY THE 27Th
AT 7:00 PM??????????????????????????????????

ME!!!! :frypan: :cheers: :woohoo:

alinnell
10-25-2006, 08:29 PM
OMG!

Congratulations!!!!!

Lynneye
10-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

SuzyMc
10-25-2006, 09:45 PM
Well no wonder I couldn't guess...I thought you were married! :lol: Congratulations Gayle! I wish you many happy years together! :hug:

coles
10-25-2006, 09:52 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_28.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA) WOW !!!! HOLY COW!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxmk042YYCA (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb112_ZNxmk042YYCA&utm_id=7920)

ShelleyM
10-26-2006, 06:43 AM
BEST WISHES, MY DEAR GAYLE ON YOUR RE-MARRIAGE!!!!!!:hug: :woohoo: :congrat: :val2:

vouge09
10-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Alli- Just wait for her to bring it up but be suggestive that you know....aii as I am the same age as her i can relate and mabey let you in on what teen girls are thinking. She likes him he likes her , shes never had a boyfriend , neither have I , I know sometimes I tend to jump to conclusions of a boy liking me or not , I have not read her blog as I dont even know who you DD is , but also my friends have all had boyfriends , 2 of my friends are sexually active ( Which I am not will not be for a long long long long long time. They in ym opion are stupid.) they have had a few rreletionships ,. She is probably not thinking what so ever about sex but rather just kissing him. Its nothing to be worried about.

Gayle thats funny about the noodle. Your getting married? How old are you? I thought you were talking about tom and katie , cause on the aol page it said first comes baby then comes marriage and that was your riddle....wait your not katie holmes are you? Haha J/KCongrats enjoy!

Thanks Dee!!!! Good luck at WW

4myloves
10-26-2006, 04:56 PM
Gayle, you're right about two things:

1) that is ONE SEXY couple you're talking about

and

2) I NEVER would have guessed!!!

Time for that cruise now?

alinnell
10-26-2006, 04:57 PM
vogue--thanks for your input. Actually, I know (from her blog) what her thoughts on sex are. She says that saving yourself for marriage might be right for some people, but not for her (not what a mother wants to hear!) but she is very aware of birth control, and in her words, sex is temporary and a baby is forever. I can't get all philosophical about this with her because I'd be a hypocrit if I told her to wait to have sex--I certainly didn't. I've always said that if either of my kids do half of what I did as a teen, I'd kill them (joking!). I won't even go into the things I did back then, but suffice it to say, my DD is much more of a prude and is adamant that she will abstain from drugs and alcohol.
So anyway, I think she got a ride from him today. The band had a performance this morning and I dropped her off. She said she had a ride back to school, but she didn't say with whom. I'll see what I can get out of her tonight. Maybe she'll have some news to share. Last night's blog entry wasn't as upbeat. It was the homecoming parade yesterday and I guess he kept talking to some other girl, so now DD thinks that comments she thought were for her (on his AIM away messages), were really for someone else. Love. It's so complicated!

Deelite
10-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Gayle congratulations! Will you have a big gathering? I loved renewing my vows with Larry. I don't remember if I told you but we wrote our vows to each other. Here it is

THE MARRIAGE VOW

I ask that Larry take Darlene’s right hand that he may renew his pledge of marriage to her.

Darlene, it was 25 years ago that we first pledged our commitment to one another, but it seems like just yesterday that I was standing across from my beautiful bride. We have been though a lot together – laughter and tears, joy and sorrow – and through all those times, I can honestly say, I loved you every step of the way. Today, I want to renew those vows and again pledge my love and life to you. I promise to be there for you in sickness and health, in middle and old age, in good and bad days. I am here to be your supporter, your confidant and your best friend, you are my princess. I have been blessed for the last 25 years and am thrilled that I get to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you. Darlene, I take you this day and the rest of my days as my wife.

Larry, as I look into your eyes, I remember the spark that I saw when we first met. It’s because of you, I smile, I laugh, I dare to dream; making me look forward, to spending the rest of my life with you. You are my love for life; my best friend, my soul mate. I love you. As we face the challenges of our lives together, I want you to know you can still count on me to be your friend and companion. Once before, I have stood with you before family and friends; once again, I take your hand as my partner, for a second time I recommit myself to you. I believe in this marriage stronger than ever. I promise to care for you, nurture you, and be there for you. Larry, I take you this day and for all of my days, as my husband.

Off I go to get ready for dinner.

gdeann
10-27-2006, 01:36 AM
Great job you guys trying to figure out my secret! Thank you also for the well wishes! Guess I better explain myself now since I have you all totally confused!
Rewind 10.5 years, Steve & I visit with a Priest about a Catholic wedding. We were told no way in heck because of my first marriage. Leaving in tears, we decided to go ahead and marry outside of the church.
About a month ago, I finally decided to go see a new Priest who I had met and seemed very logical and fair. In the very first meeting, he said there should of never been a problem to begin with! In that first meeting, he started filling out pre-nup paperwork. After having divorce papers etc. filed, we met with him last week and he said we could get married anytime. So, as of last Friday, I found out we are getting married this Friday! It will be a short, simple service with just a few close relatives. Liz (my 21 yr. old daughter) will be standing up with me and a nephew around Liz's age will be standing up with Steve. Allison (my 7 yr old) just thinks it's cool because she gets to sit in the front pews since it is her mom & dad getting married. LOL!

Dee, as usual, you have such a way with words. I bet the ceremony was lovely! I just knew for sure you would be the first one to guess the secret.

Lynneye
10-27-2006, 03:20 AM
So happy for you Gayle! Enjoy every moment. I stood up for my Mom when she was married to my Step Dad. It was so exciting for me. I am sure your daughter is excited too. Sending many good wishes your way!

Deelite
10-27-2006, 09:59 AM
Gayle I knew it wasn't your anniversary this month so I didn['t even consider that you were renewing your vows or getting married in the catholic church. I wish for both of you love joy and happiness but most of all patients and understanding. Have a wonderful day Gayle and please post a few pictures.

vouge09
10-27-2006, 03:40 PM
gayle- I remember always wanting to sit in the front of the pews as a kid. acually we have it on home video at my little brothers christening , I was 2-3 and I get away from my sisters grip ( 5-6) and run back and fourth down the church isles giggling. its so funny!

The amount of times we have discussed sending it to americas funniest home videos!

4myloves
10-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Please Stop!!!

A new thread has been started!