Support Groups - Cows in Costume

View Full Version : Cows in Costume

Wabby
10-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Here we go....

Schatzi
10-23-2006, 01:26 PM
You beat me to it! I was thinnin' the same thing Babalooie!

Schatzi
10-23-2006, 01:38 PM
I hope that Advil Kicked in darlin' .... and Happy Anniversary to you and that lucky man o yers! love that you had a bbq with the fam --that's the best! I will send good vibes to get that resolution through for ya...

I finished my Fall display... Baggy Sea Hag, how is the store being decorated???? Must see pics!!!!

I do believe Cherry Cow had a Birthday recently...:chin: Happpyyyy Belated Bday Skinny Cow!

I finished the ceeeement and glass dragon fly stepping stone too... next I think I shall work on the memory box...Gawd I love AC Moore and Michaels..maybe I should go work there... at least for the discount :lol:

SugP
10-23-2006, 04:17 PM
I simply can't keep up with you cowies!

Happy Anniversary and I hope you feel better soon, Wabs! I got a humongous hormonal headache today and I hear that Mercury is retrograde yet again so it should be a mighty fine week. NOT!

Schatz - You need to start a craft blog so we can admire all your creations.

And Happy Belated Birthday Cherry!! :hug:

Bagzz
10-23-2006, 07:08 PM
blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh----thanks for the good wishes---the boats were fantastic this weekend so i will not be complaining!! i met alot of nice americans from --let me seeeeeeee----Texas,a REAL cute guy from Birmingham alabama,Santa Monica,SANIBEL island {remember the Mermaid Chair!!!},Oklahoma, Atlanta,Los Angeles,Georgia, Pennsylvania { i sang'no place like home for the holidays----the pumpkin pie part} ANYway,they were all nice and spent good cash!!They fly out to New York and catch the QMII and tour around!!----------i feel like crap too,wabby,so i am drawing a hot bath and off i will go----------will be back later loves!!

Bagzz
10-23-2006, 07:12 PM
you may not notice that i changed my avatar,but the leaves onTHAT picture are ones i saw yesterday-----THEY WERE STUNNING!!! THEY LOOKED LIKE TIE DIE!!! I WAS AMAZED!!!!-------------xoxoxo

SugP
10-24-2006, 04:55 AM
Congratulations on rakin' in the dough, Bagzieeeee! And on meeting all those nice people. Americans are just the bees knees, aren't they? I love Americans!! :D

Your leaves are sooooo pretty! We've got some good colours going on here right now too, and all those trees with the berries on them.

Bagzz
10-24-2006, 08:04 AM
sugar,i want to see the pictures with the leaves and berries---i prefer your pics of turkeys and marble cakes but i need some nature shots so i will stop wanting to bake things after i read your blog!!!!-----------peachy---did you send me an email at my old address???? remember i went to gmail???? can you resend---my old email is totally scr#wed up!!!!! can we say screw now???****!!!kiwi====did you see lots of fall colour on the way to beantown???? how about you in jersey shatz???? do tell!!

Bagzz
10-24-2006, 08:06 AM
i LOVE the 'reason for editing' function!!

Cowpernia
10-24-2006, 08:42 AM
it's cold here. 66 tiny degrees!!! The Reason for Editing function is kind of revealing. We have to let the world know when something went wrong?

Bagzz
10-24-2006, 10:13 AM
sixty effin six is cold???????????????? oh my lordy loo----it's six degrees here this morning!!! {sugar needs to translate this for us}--- i think it's around 45 or 50????COWPERN,GET YOURSELF A FLEECE OR DOWN JACKET AND WALK AROUND THAT DUCK HUDDA POND!!!--- now i am off to work!

Schatzi
10-24-2006, 11:23 AM
44 loverly BBBrrrisk deeegreees here! I :love: this weather!!!!Sky is bright blue with nary a cloud in sight...The colors are changing sooooo nice here :dance: Took the doggies out fer their daily walkabout where we go by our own huddaduck pond and think of loverly peacheeks!!!!

Bagz the leaves in your avatar are STUNNINK!!!!! So much so that they look FAKE although I know they are REAL!!!!!!!!!! Jersey --not too much color actually..:shrug: splotches of it..but stuff is still lotta green....

Wabby: Thank you for the lurkey turkey...!! I doooo believe I'll give it a go...if I can find some of the ingredients! Where does one find Juniper and Allspice berries????

I finished the dragonfly stepping stone.. now I am going to tackle a memory box!

Wabby
10-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Weather report from the west coast - 49 gray and rainy degrees here - classic Oregon weather. DH bought me some tanning sessions for the anniversary - he knows I get mean w/o at least some fake sun.

I'm better today as long as I keep taking some tylenol - I went home yesterday and hit the couch for the entire evening, except when DH fixed me some soup for dinner. Soup always tastes better when somebody makes it for you.

Schatz, do you have a Penzey's spice store around there? They'd have any kind of spice you can think of. We need a picture of your stepping stone. I don't think I know how to be crafty any more. I used to always be making something.

Bagzie, I know just what you mean about reading Sugar's blog and wanting something yummy to eat. I've had a craving for a really good hot dog lately. Aren't her boys just looking so grown up and handsome???

We have a new thing available from my library - you can check out audio books online and download them to your puter. Most of them are ok to burn to cd for your own personal use, too. I won't get anything done around here now. I'm listening to a book by Elizabeth Berg - The Art of Mending. I read Dr. Phil's wife's book - Inside My Heart - I was a bit disappointed - lots of fluff, not much substance - at least it was just a library book, I didn't spend money on it.

Oakey dokey, time to get some work done here -

Kiwonk
10-24-2006, 08:36 PM
Kayden is absolutely fascinated w/ Gpa Jim. I think she relates b/c they both have only 2 teeth. :dizzy: :rofl:
SANIBEL island {remember the Mermaid Chair!!!}That can't be the same place?!? That island was off-shore of Charleston, SC. Sanibel is on the left coast of Florida; my dad used to vacation there sometimes. My aunt and uncle live near there. Did these people say the Mermaid Chair was set there? Hmph.
remember i went to gmail???? .....!!!kiwi====did you see lots of fall colour on the way to beantown???? Not that you were talking to me, but I only just realized you had changed your address, because you sent it to my hotmail addy. I check it once or twice a week, but damn Hotmail is so slow I rarely end up opening more one or 2 emails in there before I need to do something else. Anyway, we did see some nice foliage in southern Maine and Mass. When it was nice out (it poured all day Friday), it was pretty gorgeous at Tufts.

My baby girl got a 96.5 on her Arabic exam! :cheer2:

it's cold here. 66 tiny degrees!!! I love 66 degrees. 39 is bordering on cold....

We have a new thing available from my library - you can check out audio books online and download them to your puter. Cool!! I could download them directly to the little Ipod I never ever use!

Way to go, Cherry!

Wow, here's something cool -- you can select the Multiquote box on posts in different threads and put them all in one reply! I didn't even realize I was doing it, but there they are: a quote from our previous thread and ones from this one. Amazin' fer sure. :drool: I'm such a geek.

Kiwi

Schatzi
10-25-2006, 11:02 AM
You are a Geek... a loveable Geekygirl! :cheer2: for DD -she's off to a great start in college!
Just checkin in...It's 43 deeeGrreees here... feels much colder... but time to bundle up and take the girls out for their walkabout..

Not sure I mentioned that DH hurt his knee on one of our land hunts..He went to the doc and he came "this close" to breaking his leg.. The MRI shows a huge white blotch... The doc said that that blotch is usually accompanied by a fracture line... so he showed all his leetle students what a "bone bruise" looks like.. and asked DH if it was ok if he used in his teaching..:lol: No treatment for it ...all the ligaments and tendons are intact.. he just is suppose to stay off it for at least a month... so Work has given the OK for him to work f/t at home...:rolleyes: oh joy....

We went to see The Prestige the other night with Christian Bale :love: and Hugh Jackman :drool: It was a really good movie!!!

Wabby
10-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Happy wednesday to youz cows.

I'm tired of not feeling very good. Everytime the tylenol wears off, I start to run a low grade temp. I've heard that some ppl actually get to stay home when they don't feel good.

Anybody buy their Halloween candy yet? Just checking. Anybody have to buy it again b/c they ate the first batch?

I've lost 10 whole pounds since I decided to quit eating non stop. Whoooo-hoooo me!!!:trampo:

Yay Kiwiette!!! Waytago!!!!

Schatzi, does DH recuperating at home involve you being nurse Schatzi?

Schatzi
10-25-2006, 12:08 PM
WOW :cheer: :cheer2: :cp: :bravo: 10 POUNDS !!!! U go on with yer Fabulousness!!!!! :woohoo:

I'm holding out till the last day to buy candy..I can't be trusted at ALL:cool: :spid:

no no no ...NurseSchatzi is more like NurseNatzi ... :s:

hmmmm...perhaps you have a sinus infection Wabs... I know when I get them I have a gnawing headache and run a temp...:(

Cherry Cow
10-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Bravo Wabbie!

Thanks for the bday wishes.

I'm having a bad week. Hurt my hip last week (my good one.) Tired of getting hurt everytime I make progress. Now my jeans are tight. Just can't win.

Congrats to KiwiDD for a great grade! Arabic is hard!

Kiwonk
10-25-2006, 04:49 PM
he just is suppose to stay off it for at least a month... so Work has given the OK for him to work f/t at home...:rolleyes: oh joy.... Heh heh, I feel your pain.

I've heard that some ppl actually get to stay home when they don't feel good.I think you have the flu or sumpin' and you need a week off. A day off? A nap?
Anybody buy their Halloween candy yet? Just checking. Anybody have to buy it again b/c they ate the first batch? I never do this, but this year I bought some candy corn and pumpkins and Halloween M&Ms when I first saw them in the store. I totally know better than that, but I was thinking that when DD was home probably some kids would be over and kids need candy, right? Or some excuse like that. DH and I ate them all. So the other day I bought some more because I'm going to make some M&M brownies and send them with some :haphal: candy to DD. Or eat them all.
I've lost 10 whole pounds since I decided to quit eating non stop. Whoooo-hoooo me!!!:trampo: Wow, that's amazing! :congrat: Do you think I could quit eating non stop? nah...
Hurt my hip last week (my good one.) Tired of getting hurt everytime I make progress. That sucks. I've been trying to exercise the dog while pretending my hip doesn't hurt, and throw tennis balls for her with this increasingly painful elbow. I couldn't get a dr. appt until november 8th for this, which is pretty ridiculous. I may have to stop using the computer. Haha just kidding...

I did get a good :running: in this morning. It has been :rain: for the past 2 days, so it was great to get out.

Kiwi

Bagzz
10-25-2006, 05:34 PM
My Shoulder Hurts Like Crazy---i Think It's My Purse{weighs About 30 Pounds} And Now I Am Feeling Like An Old Decrepid Hag------------ Remember When Lushie Sent Us Crack Laced Lentils---i Miss Those Days. Sorry Everyone Is Feeling Crappy----i Must Be In The Right Place!

SugP
10-26-2006, 10:21 AM
sugar,i want to see the pictures with the leaves and berries---i prefer your pics of turkeys and marble cakes but i need some nature shots so i will stop wanting to bake things after i read your blog!!!

Your wish is my command, Bagzoid! I just posted a bunch of fall photos just 4 U!! :hug:

I feel awful today too. MASSIVE headache again and the beginning of cramps. Mercury is totally retrograde. Watch out! You know what I did? I put all my bras in the little mesh bag and threw them in the washing machine like usual, and one of those effin' little underwires escaped and got caught behind the washing machine drum. We have a front loader where the drum thing has little holes in it. THANK GOODNESS Mr. Fix It was able to get it out by turning the machine upside down and digging around. Otherwise I would have been toast because we just signed the order for a new kitchen :carrot: and can't afford a new washing machine as well.

One good thing: we went for lunch at a Chinese restaurant and Ds13 rubbed the Buddhas tummy on the way out and promptly found a ten euro note lying in the bushes. That kid is so lucky some times. I think I should hang around with him more.

Hope all yas ailing cows feel better soon. I'm going to go listen to my new meditation CD now. Repeat after me - OM MANI PADME HUM! That means "Hail to the Jewel in the Lotus". Sound good to me.

Schatzi
10-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Poor old Cows....;) I hope youse get ta feelin better!

I got nothin new to report... my world is revolving around floss, needles, glue guns and paint till my crafts are done.

Kiwonk
10-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Jeez, them dang underwires are dangerous, ain't they? My bras are driving me absolutely batsh*t :badbat: with the straps falling down incessantly. Grrrrr :kickbutt:

Hope you are soon feeling better, Sug. Maybe the jewel in the lotus will help. :yoga: That sounds vaguely risque, doesn't it? When we were in Boston, DH and DD and I spent some time shopping -- she is about a 15 minute walk from the subway and you can get to Harvard Square in a jif from there, along with many other places. Anyway we went to another busy area of Cambridge and looked around; one of the stores we wandered around in was a Tibetan shop. It was lovely; I could have spent half the afternoon there. They had soothing music playing in the background, very subtle pleasant smells and all these beautiful soft woolens, interesting books and lots of buddhist things, like those brass prayer bowls that make the ringing noise. Ommm

Ta ladies. Have a good day.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
10-26-2006, 12:24 PM
I will go dig out some new photos to share, if you will do the same with halloween/craft/anything else! And not just Schatzi, anyone else? Right now I'm going to look at Sugar's new piccies.

Wabby
10-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Still feeling sick. Tomorrow I'm taking a half day off. Maybe I'll go see my Dr. if I'm not better by then. I was stupid and made a guilt induced promise to my Mom that I'd go visit her and Dad after work. I think I'd better call back and say never mind.

Sugar, Germany autumn photos are very pretty. Looks alot like here. Those Mr. Fix It's are worth their weight in gold. or weiner schnitzels. I'm so glad I picked a Handy Man..... he's good at so many things!:o Seriously, if Mr. Wabby can't take care of it, it just doesn't get done. The anniversary card he gave me had a picture of a little girl and a little boy w/ a broken tricycle. The caption read (girl) - "maybe we should call a professional" (boy) - "no way! I've got it! Perfect card for us.

Heading for the couch......

SugP
10-27-2006, 03:40 AM
Poor Wabby! Sounds like maybe you've got something there that does need a doctor's attention. Cancel all appointments (except the doc) and REST. Anything else can wait. I seem to have caught another lovely cold, but it's just a regular cold, one that lasts 7 days if you do something about it and a week if you don't.

Kiwi - That store sounds like my kind of thing. And yeah, the lotus jewel DOES sound a bit risque. It's probably a marketing thing. :D

Schatzi - craft away!! Can't wait to see some pictures. I have done NO crafts, NO displays, no nuthin' for Halloween yet. Oh yeah, we don't even have Halloween here. But we like to pretend. Must rustle up a pumkin somewhere.

Kiwonk
10-27-2006, 05:56 PM
This afternoon I donned my Hunter Orange hat and tied Jet's Hunter Orange scarf around her neck and we went for a walk on a nice trail (in fact in the winter it is the cross country ski trail). Once Jet realized her mob of dog friends were not there, she settled down and behaved herself. Then we came upon someone -- a guy walking down the path the other way. And Jet did something I don't believe I've ever seen before -- she stopped where she was (as opposed to being the usual obnoxious friendly dog) and barked and barked until I called her back to me, then she seemed kind of confused, she barked, and ran up and back, the hair on her back was standing up and she put her body across the path in front of me. I really think she thought he was a threat and she was warning him off and protecting me. I finally had to put her back on the leash to let the guy go by us. A little later we came across 2 other people and she was back to her obnoxious friendly excited self running up to them and jumping up and down, no barking. These were 2 older people out for a walk. I'm amazed and kind of impressed by her instincts. Not that I think that the guy was a threat, but I suppose under the circumstances he could have been. :shrug: Weird, huh? I think I got me a protection dog! Can you imagine coming along that (the first photo below) on a path and it's holding its ground and barking at you? On the other hand, the second photo shows her as she really is -- a complete goofball. Looks a bit like Yosemite Sam, don't you think? That picture, she's wearing one orange bandanna and carrying someone else's in her mouth. Just because.

Kiwi

Wabby
10-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Hey! I think I'm better! Funny how all the sudden you realize you're back to your normal self. Maybe it's b/c I stayed home this morning and rested.

Jett looks like my golden retriever Luke. He always has something in his mouth. He loves it when I put a leash on him and let him lead himself around with the leash in his mouth. Maybe Jett will be a good protection dog for you. Probably a good thing when you're out tromping down secluded trails. Our Dotty will bark at anyone who comes to our house, and look ferocious, but it's all an act. She'd never bite anyone. That's ok, 'cause bad guys don't know that.

Sugar, as soon as the merchants there figure out they can make a fortune on Halloween you'll be bombarded too. I'm hoping I can talk DS & DDIL into taking Kayden to the pumpkin patch this weekend. Great photo op. She looks so cute in her pumpkin costume.

I can't seem to figure out how to shrink my pictures enough to post here, so I posted 2 new pictures at my blog. I figured out I really don't have much to say so maybe I'll just use it to post pictures sometimes. Don't go expecting any crafty pictures from me, though.

I'm going to go buy my pears tomorrow to make my Ginger Pear Butter that I make for Christmas presents. Then I'll make it next weekend. OK?

Cherry Cow
10-28-2006, 01:30 AM
Jet is such a good girl!

I'm stuffed. We had a potluck at work today-- and with half of our students being from India or Asia, there was some super-yummy food! I brought hummus.

I am officially off-track. Sigh.

Kiwonk
10-28-2006, 01:06 PM
Jett looks like my golden retriever Luke. He always has something in his mouth. He loves it when I put a leash on him and let him lead himself around with the leash in his mouth. That's exactly what she does! It's very funny.

Glad you're feeling better, a little rest is a wonderful thing! Excellent on the ginger pear butter! I was thinking of making apple butter....mmmmmmmm

We had a potluck at work today-- and with half of our students being from India or Asia, there was some super-yummy food! Oh, I can practically smell the yumminess!

I'm going to go look at Wabbitpics.

Kiwi

Bagzz
10-28-2006, 08:57 PM
i need an explanation of what you mean by BUTTER???!!!!! is it really butter????? is it jam???WHAT is it??? it sounds deliscious,but i have no conception of it. AND------as you know i am not a dog person,but the girl i walk with brings her white/yellow lab and that dog LOVES me----to the point where i can't even go to the bathroom without her barging in the door and trying to sit on my Lap!!!!---she also insists on JUMPING up and bonking me in the face with her nose---not always the most comfortable of sensations-----i know she means well,but she makes me nervous!!!!===she is a year old--- i must dig up a pic. HOW do i get to wabby's blog????

Bagzz
10-28-2006, 09:15 PM
kiwonkers---a while back you said that we could upload pics easily cause the site did all the work---after you said that i tried it and it worked beautifully---since then it has not worked at all----am i forgetting something or has that function changed????

Schatzi
10-29-2006, 07:51 AM
Looks a bit like Yosemite Sam, don't you think?

:rofl: Yes !!! Just priceless! Jet is sounding mighty protective of you and that's a good thing...protecting the food source! My dogs wouldn't scare anybody.. When Casey barks all 4 paws come up off the ground..It's hysterical to watch :lol: and Darby has a chicken bark.. ya know BAwk, Bawk...oh maybe that's a Elmer Fudd speech impediment...

effin' little underwires
my bras have titanium reinforced underwires, 4 iron clasps, 2 inch wide straps with padding and hydrolic lifters.

Wabby has a blog?????:?: Where Where I wish to see peeectures!
Kiwi, what's going on with yer email... I keep getting delivery failure notices :?:

Bagz...yer a cat person? or a hamster person? You can't visit us here... Casey is "missy lick-a-alot" jumps on you and mobs your face! Darby on the other hand is a cat dog

Cherry...hmmmmm sounds delish :hungry: now you need to do 2 days of eating lettuce only !!!

Kiwonk
10-29-2006, 11:56 AM
i need an explanation of what you mean by BUTTER???!!!!! is it really butter????? is it jam???You've never had apple butter? MMM it's good. Basically it's just applesauce cooked down until it is like a spread. It's usually spiced a little more than applesauce too. Dark brown, smooth, fragrant. I need to have me some.

kiwonkers---a while back you said that we could upload pics easily cause the site did all the work--Not sure, I usually just resize mine before I post it. But when I've tried letting the site do it, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I imagine the difference is in the amount of adjustment it has to do; so if you try to post a huge file, it still won't do it, but if the photo is close to "actual size" it will adjust.

my bras have titanium reinforced underwires, 4 iron clasps, 2 inch wide straps with padding and hydrolic lifters.Sounds like your boobs are bulletproof.....

Going for dinner at the inlaws. :yawn:

Kiwi

Schatzi
10-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Sounds like your boobs are bulletproof.....

Locked and Loaded for Bear baybee! I got me some cadillac bumper bullets.

ohhh, ginger pears? sounds delish...does this involve that ancient forgotten art of canning that I never learned????

Bagzz
10-29-2006, 04:04 PM
hasn't anyone noticed that i have lost 200 pounds???? i want apple butter too kiwonk---is it fattening??? i have 200 pounds to keep off.

Schatzi
10-29-2006, 04:40 PM
I just spewed ice tea out me nose!!!!! BAGZILLA YOU MAKE A ME :rofl:

Cherry Cow
10-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Bagzzie, I noticed yesterday... and was very impressed!

I'm now doing stuff at Spark People. Trying something new. Went for a 42 minute run, hilly, nice. I finally like running again!

Bagzz
10-29-2006, 10:52 PM
since i lost the two hundred i have a hard time finding my body----i would like to run,but i think i lost my legs during the diet.

Wabby
10-30-2006, 12:00 PM
Oh Bagz, only 200 pounds? I've lost 250 over the last 30 years. Problem is, I've gained 270. :dz:

Yep, pear butter is like Kiwi says apple butter is. I make it in a big roasting pan in the oven, then do the water bath w/ canning jars. It's soooo yummy and you can also use it as a glaze over a pork roast thats outta this world. :drool:

Cherry, that's wonderful that you love to run. What's this Spark People you speak of? I'm stuck at a walk. I have foot problems enough just with that pace. I went on a long walk on Saturday w/ my Sis. It was a beautiful day and we stopped at a place called the Flower Farmer where they sell cut flowers out of the field, but this time of year they have a big pumpkin patch and a hay maze and a cool little train that takes kids out to the field to find their punkin. Luckily we didn't bring any money on our walk, 'cause they had kettle corn and cookies and stuff for sale too. I never did get Kayden out to a punkin patch, she had the sniffles this weekend so her mommy and daddy didn't want to take her outside.

Schatzi, I'm picturing Wonder Woman boobies----- with rocket launchers at the tips....:lol:

Kiwonk
10-30-2006, 07:06 PM
hasn't anyone noticed that i have lost 200 pounds???? Yes! How industrious of you! I noticed that, but we keep losing power or the computer crashes and so I keep forgetting what I was going to write.
I'm now doing stuff at Spark People. Trying something new. Went for a 42 minute run, hilly, nice. I finally like running again!What's a Spark People? I wish I liked to run, because that would be ideal for me. I would love to run with the dog, and she would love it too. But honestly, it just makes me want to climb into bed and never get out. How does one get so they like to run?
I never did get Kayden out to a punkin patch, :Didn't you say she was going to be dressed up as a pumpkin for Halloween? Pictures! I want pictures!

I had a bit of serendipity today -- last night our power went out -- big wind storm going on, so not surprising. It was out all night, came back on this morning around 10 am. Then it went out again this afternoon, so I started thinking of going to the library to check my mail. So I took the dog for a run (I walked, she ran), and then went into town, and my first stop was at a cute little shop where tickets for the high school musical were being sold. They are performing The Secret Garden this year. I parked the car and noticed a big sign in the window saying that cast members from the musical would be performing at the store this afternoon at 4:30. It was 4:15! So I stayed and watched that and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't wait for the play! When I left, my cellphone had a missed call, and it was DH saying the power was back on again, so I skipped the library, made a quick grocery store stop and here I am. Tada. Not the worst way to spend what I figured was going to be a complete waste of a day.

Kiwi

Bagzz
10-30-2006, 09:22 PM
a man who came to my valley----a man i hardly knew-ew----ewwwwwwwwwww a man who came to my garden,grew to looooooooove meeeeeeeeeeeee----i llllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooove the secret garden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! remember my dd played the part of LILY----"she has her eyes,the girl has Lily's hazel eyes,those eyes that closed and left me long agooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"===========oh i wish i hadn't lost those two hundred pounds so i could sing once again.

Wabby
10-31-2006, 12:05 PM
Youz is one whacky cow, Bagzie! Do you really have as much energy as you sound like?

OOOOOhhhhh! I get to pass out candy with Kayden tonight! She's a little too young for trick or treating and it's going to be waaaay cold for these little goblins tonight!!!! DH's excited that he's going to actually see trick or treaters -- we're going to DS's house in a neighborhood that's overrun with kids, not like out in the country where the driveway is too long and dark for trick or treaters to brave. :haphal: :bat: :bat:

I found Spark People - cool website. Positive thinking and weight loss and such things. Young guy sold his auction site to ebay, made a fortune and started a health, weight loss, motivation website with his millions. Free to join, tells you exactly how many calories to consume to meet a weight loss goal, how much you need to exercise, etc. Gives you menu plan, exercise plan, recipes. Very cool, Cherry.

I made those pumpkin spice muffins I was yakkin' about. They are soooo wonderful. You take a spice cake mix, mix in a 15 ounce can of pumpkin, 1/3 c. water and bake in muffin pans. That's it. No eggs or oil. Makes 24 (somewhat little) muffins for 2 ww points each. Oh. My. God. they are so good. I've been eating one along w/ 1/2 c. cottage cheese for breakfast. They're almost too good - as in dangerous to have around - but so far I've been able to control meeself.

Wabby
10-31-2006, 12:09 PM
I've got to do quarterly payroll reports today. Somebody make me. Why do I dread it so much?

Oh. and another thing. The representative from the property developer is now telling us that even if the annexation passes, that they won't be closing on the sale right away. I have a feeling that they have us tied up and they're going to drag it out as long as they can..... I'm starting to steam. I'm so tired of being jerked around.

Kiwonk
10-31-2006, 01:24 PM
-i llllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooove the secret garden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! remember my dd played the part of LILY----"she has her eyes,the girl has Lily's hazel eyes,Ohmygod, I had forgotten that was the play she was in!!!! That song is so haunting, gives me chills just to see the lyrics. I wrote to DD last night to tell her about the cast preview I heard, and she wrote back to say that she and bf might be able to come home to see the play, so I've got to go out and get them some tickets today!!
OOOOOhhhhh! I get to pass out candy with Kayden tonight! She's a little too young for trick or treating and it's going to be waaaay cold for these little goblins tonight!!!! DH's excited that he's going to actually see trick or treaters -- we're going to DS's house in a neighborhood that's overrun with kids, not like out in the country where the driveway is too long and dark for trick or treaters to brave. :haphal: :bat: :bat: Yeah, we used to like to go to someone's house in town so we could actually enjoy Halloween. It was always so discouraging to me to have put a bunch of work into a carved jack'o'lantern and have no one see it. We always made some kind of arrangements for DD to join up with some friends to trick-or-treat in town (usually involving me walking her all over town while DH stayed at the friends' house and enjoyed everything in the warmth).
I've got to do quarterly payroll reports today. Oo Lucky you!! Payroll reports! :dancer: :woo: :cheer2: :drool: :dust: :coach: :kickbutt: :spin: :joker:

Tonight I am foregoing Halloween entirely (not that I was going to do anything anyway) to take Jet to our first FLYBALL class!! I am so excited; I think she's going to love it. I hope she is not the most out of control dog there. Maybe once she realizes that she gets to do something new and fun, she will settle down a bit (I picture having to restrain her endlessly to keep her from mauling the other dogs, she does love other dogs....)

Kiwi

Wabby
11-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Kayden is possibly the cutest thing on the planet. Check your email for a picture. We went over to DS's until she started getting sleepy and ready for bed. She's still getting used to the &%$#@* time change, so she's ready for bed about 6:30. Then we went over to our friend's son's house to see all their grandkids. They live in a new subdivision and Wow! what a ton of little goblins they had ringing their bell. We ran out of candy and had to turn off all the lights in the front of the house. It was a good night for haunting - clear and cool, but no rain.

How did Jett do at her flyball class, Kiwi? Was she a good girl? Top of her class?

Kiwonk
11-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Aw, you are so right, she is the cutest little punkin!!! Such a little bright-eyed sweetheart!

We had loads of fun at Flyball. Jet was totally excited the whole time -- after all, other dogs! :woohoo: When she got a chance to run the hurdles (very low ones -- the first time she went over one, I don't think she even noticed it :lol: ), she got pretty excited. In fact, so excited that she jumped up into my face and knocked her head against my lip. I have a great big red sore in my mouth where my teeth cut :rolleyes: Not a big deal, we had a great time. There were 5 dogs in the class, the instructor was very good -- no nonsense, didn't waste any time and seemed to know just what she was doing. We have homework -- we have to figure out whether our dogs are right- or left-pawed. Hmm :chin:

Went to the mall to catch the spectacle of hundreds of little kids parading up and down the entire mall in their costumes, collecting candy from every storefront. I can't say that it looked like all that much fun for the kids, it was like waiting in line for Santa Claus, but it was a hoot to watch!

Kiwi

Cowpernia
11-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Pumpkin is sooo cute. Remember when Muffin wrote about Little Pumpkin? How old would she be now?

I need craft ideas. I need a construction paper fish or a fish puppet or something fishy for kids to feed paper worms to. Fish with mouth. Please tell me.

Bagzz
11-02-2006, 06:40 AM
wabby are you incinerating that i am a nutcase???? i wish i DID have the energy it seems that i must have by my insane ramblings!!!!!!!! you don't have my new email address!!! so i had to search through the old stuff that still comes in to see if there was a pic--------------DARLING baby girl photo~!! she looks so yummy and snuggy!!!!! what fun for you guys!!!! regarding all hallow's eve,we had the decorations up and about 150 kids showed up since we on a long stretch of a street----------if i can figure out my pics,i would post----------kiwi is trying to help me but i am severely computer challenged!

Wabby
11-02-2006, 12:15 PM
are you incinerating that i am a nutcase???? -----Only in the sweetest nutcase way, Bagzie. You know I love you. :hug: ...... and I love your ramblings, as you call it. Can't wait for pictures... of the kids and your decorating.

OK. after all my big talk, I haven't gotten myself to the fruit market to buy my pears. They're too darn 'spensive at the grocery store. I'll try to get there after work today. Except I also have to get to Costco after work today too, b/c we're out of TP at the shop and at home..... a disaster must be diverted!!! These are the important things in my life..... keeping everybody in TP......

My sis in law was over yesterday (DH's youngest sis). She sorta said she'd like to have Thanksgiving dinner w/ my crew so I guess that's the plan. It's shaping up to be a big Thanksgiving dinner.... which is ok by me... the more the merrier..... except I'm feeling tired already. :whoo:

Peaches, no advice on crafty fishy. I'm plumb outta crafty fish ideas. Isn't there a website for stuff like this??? I bet Muffy's lil' punkin is in Jr. High by now. Time gets away from me.

Kiwonk
11-02-2006, 12:33 PM
I think I should go into business. Last night at the music boosters meeting, the new secretary begged me to help her use her computer because people weren't able to read the emails she was sending out. I'm expecting a call any time.

My kid may be coming home this weekend, and again the next weekend, and I might head down there the following weekend because she's in a dance performance and then she comes home for Thanksgiving. No wonder she's swamped with work and tired; she never just stays put and plays couch potato.

Hey, Cowpeach, my dog has worms; want some? :barf: sorry. I just discovered them. The vet is going to have to send me the medicine, although I guess I could spend 2 hours this afternoon and lets see, about $12, driving over there to pick it up.

Fish. Hmm, whatever you do, it should have glitter! The first thought that popped into my head was an old soft purse, especially one of those with the rigid metal opening that clips shut. A lot of coin purses like this (http://www.swallowhillcreations.com/coin-purse.jpg) have those openings. The great thing about that is, it's a nice wide opening and it will stay open if you rig it up right. Then you could dress it up with scales, eyes and fabric streamers or something. Of course it might take some work to make it look like a fish, but I'll bet it could be done.

Here's what happens when you search the internet: Yes, that is a purse. Scary huh? (http://www.roopooco.com/coinpurse.htm)

Here's an interesting idea (http://www.fundexgames.com/products/images/8460.jpg) -- it's for a swimming pool, so part of it is inflatable plastic, but the body is made out of mesh like a laundry bag. Probably too big for feeding worms to.

So what else is new?

Kiwi

Kiwonk
11-02-2006, 12:38 PM
I agree, Wabbit, running out of TP is a disaster that must be averted at all costs. Even for our little household, I keep a giant stash from Sams Club in the garage. If it starts getting low, I get very nervous and start collecting corncobs ;)

SugP
11-02-2006, 04:44 PM
You cows are too funny. I am having a tired, tired week. Must go to bed earlier. We kind of had snow today. How depressing.

Wabs - she is just THE cutest! There's nothing like a little baby in a pumpkin suit.

Wabby
11-02-2006, 05:20 PM
We're high falutin' here - I dig out the Monkey Ward catalog.

Schatzi
11-02-2006, 07:06 PM
Just a quick fly by moooettes....I am back in school and have to read 300 pages of crap by the end of the week :fr: My brain hurts. So I am a tad of a frenzy trying to remember how to study and remember crap I'll never use in the real world.

Kiwonk
11-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Whatchu studying, Schatzi? Good luck on the brain strain.

So, did you make a fish, Peachie? Inquiring minds want to know.

I gotta clean house today. Rumor has it that DD is coming home, but since we haven't heard from her, it is an unsubstantiated rumor.

So far, I have folded and put away 1 load of laundry, made the bed, and vacuumed the living room. Okay, Rosie vacuumed the living room. Right now, she is fueling up for further instructions.

I almost forgot -- did anyone catch Oprah yesterday? They had a very good show on weight loss with a couple of doctors who just published a book. If you missed it, they have a special on Discovery Health channel tonight called "You on a Diet" about the book. The thing that really made me sit up and pay attention was their graphic explanation of what actually happens when you get fat in the abdomen. We're talking really graphic, with show and tell. Don't watch it while you're eating dinner. Fair warning? The main point was that you really have to whittle down your waistline or you're going to die early. I'm actually motivated, not to mention alarmed.

Later kids

Kiwi

Wabby
11-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Brain strain. I sure don't have that. Yes, Schatzi, we all need to know what you're studying.... and we need to be reassured you won't desert us. :bb:

I went to lunch w/ 3 friends today. We're going to start doing a friday lunch meet up. One of them was my friend who lost her husband last spring. It's hard for her, but she's trying to force herself to get out more and I hope it helps.

I have Oprah DVR'ed from yesterday. I'll have to watch it. Dr. Oz has been on before, and he's really interesting in an icky kind of way. He gets right to the ugly truth of what extra fat will do to your innards. All we worry about is how our jeans fit and that should be the least of our concerns. Have you ever noticed how many fat 90 year olds there are???? not too many.

.............and on that happy note, I'll say adieu for the weekend. See yas cows later.

Kiwi, who's the cute little girls w/ the telephone on your avatar?

Cherry Cow
11-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Another fly-by! Still running. Still vegetarian. Still fat. WHY?

Kiwonk
11-04-2006, 12:28 PM
little girls w/ the telephone on your avataAren't they the cutest? I found that photo a long time ago on the web, and I keep it around because I think it's adorable.

Have you ever noticed how many fat 90 year olds there are????Not many? :sp: Food for thought indeed.

Imagine if you could think away extra calories. Your brain must use up energy, right?

Dog just threw up all over the place. Later, folks.

k

Schatzi
11-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Never Fear Schatzi is here.... I wouldn't leave you moovahlous cowsies :grphug: To add to my angst, my laptop went kabloeey last night... requiring a complete rebuild :tantrum: Thank gawd DH is a wire head and got me started...but I had to download,install, update blah programs allll morning.... including my EMAIL!!!! Bagazoid, you'll need to send me that other addy...since I lost it...

Kiwinni: have you upgraded to the fairly new version of Firefox?? If you haven't DONT... it seems quite unstable.. (or maybe i am)
I had problems with firefox shut downs, inability to find websites, and difficulty in general with Window shutdowns and session crashes...so with this rebuild I have gone to using IE again... which is not as fun...

I'm studying for my masters cert in Program Management... (PMI stuff... ) innnnnteresting ...brain cramping.....OY...must go

Kiwonk
11-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Kiwinni: have you upgraded to the fairly new version of Firefox?? If you haven't DONT... it seems quite unstable.. (or maybe i am)
I had problems with firefox shut downs, inability to find websites, and difficulty in general with Window shutdowns and session crashes...so with this rebuild I have gone to using IE again... which is not as fun...Yeah, I already did. I had it crash on me just yesterday, but I've had an occasional crash before too (I have a tendency to open up more and more tabs and windows to the point of overload), so I'm not seeing anything too bad.

My vet sent me the medicine for Jet's tapeworm problem, and wrote on the package "Give all 5 capsules to eliminate tapeworms". That is all they wrote for instructions. Not "5 all at once", not "1 a day for 5 days" or anything in between. Frankly I thought there was no chance in **** that they meant for me to give them all to her at once, so I gave her one and figured I would look the medicine up online to see what the dosage schedule is (I won't be able to ask the vet's office until Monday). So I was going to look it up, when she puked all over the place, most likely throwing up the capsule before it had a chance to absorb. :dunno: Anyway I finally have figured that, indeed, they probably do mean for me to give them all to her at once, but I could swear that 5 of these is too much for her weight. In any case I have 4 left and if she is done throwing up, I guess I'll give them to her and hope for the best. Sometimes I just run on dumb luck.

What is that thing over on the right in the ads? It says it's an S2 Walkman, but it looks like a spark plug with earphones...

Kiwi

P.S. You burn 1 to 2 calories a minute thinking. I wonder how many you burn scrubbing carpets.

Cherry Cow
11-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Schatzi, I've been having issues with Firefox for a while now. I can't see specific books on Amazon.com, which is quite annoying, because I can see their UK and Australia counterparts.

A lot of people have been having trouble with something nasty in a Microsoft update. I've already said if I get that, I'm buying a Mac. I don't like Macs, but if you can't trust official upgrades from Microsoft, what can you trust? Don't answer that!

Cowpernia
11-05-2006, 03:00 PM
I ain't made no fish. I do have a polka dotted blue purchased sock that can become a puppet. Needs eyes and stuff.

I have learned some of the past of some of the kids and am humbled. Some have parents in prison, violence at home etc. I had to help out with some 3-yos and found myself focusing on the two worst-behaving ones. I dragged them off to timeout, made them clean up what they messed up and when lunch came, they both had to sit by me. Both held my hand as we went back to class. Isn't that just too much?

I have that post nasal drip thing and it makes me cough so much my muscles hurt. I saw a rememdy advertised and looked at it at the supermarket. Way expensive, especially if you don't know it'll work.

I have pushed all the reset buttons but my bathroom plugs won't work now. I'm waiting for Kiwi to send her DS down but until then, can anyone tell me what to do? Yesterday, I woulda asked you what the combination to my locker was but I figured it out at the end of the day. So just think about the plugs.

I'm gonna ask the woman who trains me at work but what do you all think about crafts for 3 and 4-yos? Either you let me do it all themselves and they cut it to pieces and paint it 100 percent OR you do parts of it and how does that benefit them? "Discuss" as the cow previously known as Lush would say.

Kiwonk
11-05-2006, 03:42 PM
I had to help out with some 3-yos and found myself focusing on the two worst-behaving ones. I dragged them off to timeout, made them clean up what they messed up and when lunch came, they both had to sit by me. Both held my hand as we went back to class. Isn't that just too much? Awww, that really tugs at the heartstrings. Makes you wonder if the bad behavior is just a whole lot of need, for time with a grown up.

Hope your drip clears up, that sounds painful.

DH went down to his parents' house instead of hopping a freighter for points South. Sorry, maybe I should ask DD'sbf instead. He will do anything for her. I'll bet he would go to FL and fix your bathroom if she asked him to. Right now he's driving her back to college because she needs to be there by 7 PM. It is 200 miles out of his way.

Here's an amusing story from the college scene. When we were visiting for Parents' Weekend, DD's message board on her door had a message (trés mushy) in French from the BF. It also had another message that said "you sound awesome" from "Nick". I assumed it was a friend who had been listening to her practice. Turns out she doesn't know who it is. Later, BF crossed out "sound" and wrote "look" and signed his name to it. Then this Nick person crossed out "look" and wrote "are" and signed his name again. When BF came to pick her up on Thursday, he wrote a note to this person, then thought better of it and erased the whole board. Then he wrote another love note. The saga continues.

This is what passes for something interesting in my life.

re: crafts for 3 and 4 year olds: I think that mostly you make something, they paint it or color it or glue macaroni to it. Tada.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
11-05-2006, 04:16 PM
Ohhh this is good. It's like a Gilmore Girls episode.

DS is supposed to come home next weekend for his Eagle Court of Honor. His mom is not highly interested and assumed he wasn't either but this other woman told him I'd said he wasn't interested and he OF COURSE said, "I never said that," so we're having it and I no idea what I'm supposed to do or even when/where it is. I think it's Saturday.

I asked for that weekend and the following weekends off because I have to take a weekend class for my real job. My supermarket boss threw if tiny fit as the weekend before Tgiving is the second busiest time in the store and He Couldn't Believe They'd Schedule a Class then and I Need To Tell Them I Can't Go and then he threw the paper I'd written the request on. He's getting married and just set the date. Personally .... I don't know if he's mature enough. I know the girl though and neither is she.

Kiwonk
11-05-2006, 05:53 PM
No one is mature enough to get married.

I suppose attending the Eagle thingie is the price of having the kid home. With DD, the price of having her home is that she spends most of the time either with her friends, sleeping, or studying. We get her for the occasional meal. Last night I made her favorite Chicken Soup and Popovers, and she invited her adorable friend M over. BF was obligated at home, so he missed out.

It's 5:34 PM and I am thawing a couple bricks of salmon. I've decided to make something from the remaining half head of cabbage languishing in the fridge. DH doesn't really like cabbage, but I get so tired of the same ol same ol that I have been buying some different things lately. It's much easier to cook for just the 2 of us than for 3, just because of the pickiness of all of us. I'm allergic to a bunch of things, DD doesn't like meatloaf or casseroles or tunafish or 60 million other things, and DH can be picky in his own way. Just 2 picky people instead of 3 makes it much more likely I can cook something a little different. Besides, DH is less likely to complain about food; he is happy to be fed. DD seems to assume she'll be fed. Imagine the nerve! :D

Here is a math problem for Cowpeach DS: Describe using permutations and combinations why it is easier to cook for 2 picky people than for 3.

So anyway I was looking for a recipe for coleslaw that doesn't taste like coleslaw and I happened across Yahoo Answers again. I'd forgotten I had gone there. I am very excited to see that I have 104 points there. I'm not sure what good points are, but I love to accumulate points. I think I'll ask a question and see if I get more points.

Kiwi

Wabby
11-06-2006, 12:37 PM
I love it when I come here Monday morning and there are lots of posts. Then I read them all and I feel a little sad b/c I've read them all and you all are busy on Monday morning and I know I'll be talking to myself for awhile. :dizzy:

It's all warm rain and bluster here. We're supposed to be getting 2-3 inches of rain in the next 24 hrs.

Kiwi, I've been doing the double meal cooking lately, even though it's only DH and I. He said he's tired of chicken, so I make him soup and san or a fried hamburger patty w/ mushroom soup gravy. He considers that stuff food. He passes on the fresh veggies. He should be eating healthy too, but I can't force him. :club: If you want cole slaw that doesn't taste like cole slaw you could make some asian slaw. I have a recipe that's yummy, but it's at home..... can't wait for the next episode from Kiwiette's message board...

Peach, at least you get your boy home for a weekend.... I see my boy every day at work, but I still miss him on the weekends sometimes. Have you tried to shut off your circuit breaker for that outlet and then turn it back on? I still have nightmares that I'm in school and can't remember my locker combination. Apparently that was a traumatic experience for me.... along with just about everything else in highschool.

DD called me yesterday evening and asked if I felt an earthquake.... "no, I didn't." ... are you sure?.... "yes, there was no earthquake". I told DH--- he said "sometimes she can be so dizzy"..... then this morning on the radio they reported a 2.5 level earthquake centered in Portland that occurred yesterday evening.. ..... guess DH and I are the dizzy ones.

Schatzi, I have no idea what PMI stuff is, but it sounds like yer gettin' really smart. Why is Firefox more fun than IE?

Cherry, keep on keeping on. Run, Cherry, Run. :cheer:

SugP
11-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Hi dolls! When am I ever going to catch up with all these posts? I've been reading them and want to comment, but then real life always gets in the way.

I walked for an hour Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Outside, even. Whoo! Nasty wind but it was kind of nice to get some fresh air instead of being cooped up in the guest room with Leslie. We have no hudda lake here, just fields and fields of cabbages. Saw some very handsome black and white cows yesterday, though.

Did I mention that finally, after 16 years I'm getting a new kitchen? Already ordered but won't be delivered until February. New and shiny and clean! I can't wait. The woman who's coming to measure stuff is going to have a FIT when she she's the old kitchen. It's just appalling, even for my standards.

Love you all. *smooch*

Kiwonk
11-06-2006, 06:22 PM
If you want cole slaw that doesn't taste like cole slaw you could make some asian slaw.You know, that's exactly what I did! I still used cabbage and carrots, but I added chopped onion and used a wonderful dressing that I found online at Sunset Publications called Creamy Soy Dressing. It was heavenly. I ate all the leftovers for lunch today.
Why is Firefox more fun than IE? I think it's more fun because of the "tabs" feature -- instead of opening extra windows when you want to look at something else, you can open tabs within the same window and flip them through at will. I suppose there are other reasons, but I'm easy to please. Firefox is also supposed to less vulnerable to virus attacks and other such things than I.E.
I've been reading them and want to comment, but then real life always gets in the way. You've been blowing us off for real life??? Gee whiz. ;)

Congrats on the new kitchen!

We are actually supposed to get our roofed fixed this week, maybe starting tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it -- we had snow last night so I'm not sure what to expect for weather this week-- but when it is done, I will be doing something or other about the kitchen ceiling and maybe floor. I'm not putting up with this (see below) for the rest of my natural life, regardless of how much DH enjoys the squalor look. Horrifying, isn't it? Yes, that really is our kitchen ceiling.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
11-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Kiwi, maybe you should keep DH there and make him fix something for you. I can wait. Send him next month after he's fixed your ceiling.

My house is so so so messy. How do we clean up? I missed that lesson completely. Does it involve builiding on extra rooms for storage? Is that what Sugar's doing? Building on extra kitchens? Such a good idea. I once lived in a house that had been owned and occupied by two unmarried sisters. The house was ranch style and long and they had kitchens at each end.

Wabby
11-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Kiwi, in defense of your DH, most men don't notice the kitchen ceiling as long as there's food on the kitchen table. Like they don't notice dust on the tv as long as they have the clicker in their sweaty hand.

Sugar, there's nothing quite as intoxicating as a new kitchen --- I still am in love w/ my kitchen remodel even after all these years. Just wish I could train it to stay clean. Waytago on the outside walking. Much more refreshing than a stroll w/ Leslie. It's dark by the time I get off work, so I can't walk outside, not that I've been visiting Leslie either.

I know every body has their shorts in a bundle about the big war between the democrats and republicans, but can you take some time out on election day to send some good election vibes my way? Tomorrow I find out if we are getting annexed and if my life can move forward. Otherwise, we stay put for awhile longer......... besides, then you can quit having to hear about it all the time.

Wabby
11-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Peach, is that the house you lived in w/ Lush in your swinging bachelorette days????

Cowpernia
11-06-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm sending you good vibrations. It's giving me excitations. Good good good good vibrations. Ooo ooo.

My employer requires my "degree." They mean diploma thing. They have and not impressed by the transcript. The UA sends out degree verifications by 1) email or 2) FAX. Only. Period. Love it or leave it. Take it or lump it. Another of life's frustations imposed on sweet little Peaches by unthinking beaurocrats.

Lush and I never lived together after I left home. She was a tramp and I was almost a nun. I coulda been MOther Superior in Charge of Gluttony Forgiveness.

Wabby
11-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Oooo. oooo. oo. good vibrations :carrot: I knew that carrot would come in handy eventually.

It rained soooo hard here yesterday that it blew in under the entrance door to the office and now every thing feels a little damp in here. sticky and damp. ick.

Did you get your plugs to work, Peach? This is how I'd fix the problem - get yerself a really long extension cord and plug it into the outlet in your bedroom. String it into your bathroom. Plug in your stuff. That's how I fixed the outlet in my bedroom that quit working. I just added an extension cord to the first available working outlet. Fixed. No man required........... durn bureaucrats....... except what's wrong w/ sending an email? emails are good.

Sugar, I walked w/ Leslie for 2 miles yesterday. This is big news, since I haven't dragged me lazy arse off the couch for a month or more. I did it b/c I watched the show about YOU on a Diet w/ Dr. Oz and that other leetle Dr. Apparently I'm shortening my life by being a couch potato.

Schatzi
11-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Wabbo

Ohmmmmm Ohmmmmm :yoga: sssseending goooood vibrations! GOOD GOOD GOOD good Vibrations ooohewwwwooooooo! (thats suppose to be the beachboys duncha know)

Peachetta: if it ain't the breaker and you can't reset the leetle red button, you might need a new "GFI" I call it a "Jif" which is about 2 bucks at home depot... and then you gotta replace the box...

I miss so much being a new cow in the herd... Lush and peach are related???? I didnot know dis!!!

Kiwi...Time to pull a TAWANDA!!! on that ceiling! You with a hatchet... DH far away..:s:

Sugar :dance: a new kitchen!!! How FANTABULOUS!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the demolition picks! Sugarfamily roasting food outside on the hibatchi!!! in snowsuits!!! And Pics of the new kitchen!!! Just think how delish you cook now! You will be making 5 star gourmet meals!!!!

skinnymadcowbagazaurus: LOOOK I've gained 200 pounds :sumo: sigh, I lost my battle with halloween candy "snicker bars 4 Schatzi 0"

Okay, it's rainning here but must venture out to cast my vote!!!!!!!!!

Kiwonk
11-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Well, shoot. I was composing a complicated reply full of quotes and stuff and my computer locked up and I had to reboot. Not one to enjoy doing the same thing over and over again, I won't.

Yay, on the renewed enthusiasm for walking, everybody! Let's do this! 10,000 steps a day -- that's the goal. I have a pedometer that I got a few years ago when I was in the local walking club. I don't think I ever got it above about 2400 steps. But, I never wore it all day I guess. Maybe I'll install that today, I have Flyball tonight so I could do some shopping beforehand, a quick trip up and down the mall, that must be several hundred, eh?

I wish I could campaign for your issue, Wab. I will just have to send virtual rah rahs for a good outcome :cheer2: :cheer:

Peachie, you don't have your diploma that you could copy? That's pretty dumb that they don't find the transcript more useful than the actual diploma, but typical bureaucratic silliness. Would you like me to scan my diploma and stick your name in it? :lol:

I am embarking on another season of managing Dd's scholarship applications. What a drag; I know she doesn't have time to come up with more essays, but she's going to have to crank out something. Only one of her scholarships is automatically renewable. I get a headache just thinking about it.

Kiwi

Wabby
11-07-2006, 05:08 PM
OMG. News flash. Brittney Spears has filed for d-i-v-o-r-c-e. What a surprise.

Schatzi
11-07-2006, 05:54 PM
:yikes: Why I'ah dooo declarah, I'm a gasp! :dz:

freeloadin jerk... as Kiwi sez everyone is too young to get married... especially hormonal millionairesses.

Schatzi
11-07-2006, 06:00 PM
1 hour and 2 minutes before the Pundits release the preliminary numbers from the mid term...

(so says DH)

Ah The elections!! Bigger than the Superbowl in this house :corn:

Cowpernia
11-07-2006, 09:27 PM
what box? is Shots telling me something that's easy to do or just mocking my ignoramusiness.

Schatzi
11-08-2006, 05:53 AM
Peachy I wouldn't mock you :hug:

here is what a GFI looks like...
http://www.acmehowto.com/howto/homemaintenance/electrical/gfci.php

Here's how to replace one....
http://www.mindconnection.com/library/handyman/gfci.htm

On second thought, it looks kinda scary to do .. I'm used to HandyDandy DH who can do this in a snap... You might want to call in a electrician... but it shouldnt cost you alot.. The part is $2-5 bucks, and if it takes him 10 minutes

But you really need to get it checked !!!!

Kiwonk
11-08-2006, 02:16 PM
I totally agree with Schatzi -- call in an electrician. Or someone who knows this stuff -- I don't want you getting electrocuted! :hot:

Wabbit, do you have results yet?????

I'm enjoying the election maps on the NYTimes website (http://www.nytimes.com/ref/elections/2006/Senate.html). They are lots of fun to play with. And so much Blue... The one that I think is really interesting is if you change that Senate map to "Population" and click on the "New Senate" tab.

DD wanted to vote in her first election this year, so she registered during a school voter registration event in September; she was supposed to receive an absentee ballot so she could vote in her home district. She never received it, so she wasn't able to vote. :( I guess she should have registered in Massachusetts instead. Our little town is not the most competent sometimes...

Kiwi

Bagzz
11-08-2006, 03:11 PM
I KNEW THAT !!!!!!!
Really?
The Claim: Some Types of Alcohol Cause Worse Hangovers Than Others

Published: November 7, 2006

THE FACTS Too much alcohol of any kind can cause sickness and regret the morning after. But it’s often said that some kinds of drinks are worse than others.

Experts say that the type of alcohol you drink does make a difference, but for various reasons. Among the most important is the amount of congeners (pronounced CON-juh-nurz) — complex organic molecules, like methanol — in a particular drink. Impurities in poorly refined spirits like cheap vodka can also play a role, but congeners, which are common in darker liquors, seem to have the greatest effect.

According to one report in The British Medical Journal, which looked at the effects of different types of alcohol, the drink that produced the most hangover symptoms was brandy, followed by red wine, rum, whiskey, white wine, gin and vodka. Another study showed that bourbon was twice as likely to cause sickness as the same amount of vodka.

There is also wide variation within certain categories, like wine. Wines that come from countries where a small change in climate can greatly affect their quality, some experts say, can contain significantly more hangover-inducing compounds in a bad season. Inexpensive red wines, in particular, have a reputation for causing sickness. But that may be because some people suffer from a syndrome called red wine headache, whose cause is unknown. What scientists do know is that the wines that cause it vary from person to person, and across brands, grapes and price.

THE BOTTOM LINE Certain types of alcohol can make a hangover worse.

scitimes@nytimes.com

Schatzi
11-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Watching the early returns and election results is bigger than the Superbowl in ShatziLand. :corn: :)

Much cause fer celebration ... I think I will have a cheap congener ! :hat:

must go play with the election maps :spin:

Wabby
11-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Bagzie, you didn't list the most important alcohol ---- te kill ya ---- how do margies rank?????? :hat:

Urban sprawl is on the move!!!! The annexation passed! Whooo-hooooo, -----------------------I think, now did I really want to move? ------------ I'm sure I'll be doing a little boo-hooing too when they mow down my house.

I baby sat my lil' darlin' this morning. She wears me out ---- she's a go-go-go baby.

Now I gotta catch up on some work here.

Schatzi
11-08-2006, 05:57 PM
:dance: :dance: :cp: for The Wabbys on the Mooove!

Wabby
11-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Good Plain Jane entry today -

http://www.plain-jane.com/

Bagzz
11-08-2006, 08:46 PM
wabby!! isn't it funny how when you actually GET what you think you want,you begin to doubt if it's really what you want!!!---i know you will have a ball figuring out your new location,but it's okay to feel sad and nostalgic about your beautiful home and garden!!! congratulations!!!!!

Kiwonk
11-09-2006, 03:15 AM
The Claim: Some Types of Alcohol Cause Worse Hangovers Than OthersDUH! :doh:

I have that red wine thing. It gives me migraines. Most tequilla is clear, so I think it is less of a hangover producer.

My dopey cat is sitting on the desk right next to the computer and the hard disk light is blinking. She is staring at it.

I went to the doctor today about my aches and pains. God I'm old. I remember my mother going around moaning about pain when she was my age (or actually, younger). I have bursitis in my hip (I already knew that) and some tendonitis thing in my elbow with a long name. Tennis elbow, I'm sure... Anyway, he prescribed something stronger than ibuprofin and then I couldn't fill the prescription because my idiotic insurance insists that I go through 2, yes TWO, failed courses of "lesser" medications before they will pay for the "preferred" medication. Otherwise I get to pay $130 for it myself. So basically rather than pay for the medicine my doctor wants me to take, they would prefer to pay for 3 medicines. I hate hate hate insurance companies.

I have an athletic strap around my elbow. That cost $10. It is supposed to help me do stuff like type on the puter that is otherwise excruciating. It also lets me pretend to be an athlete. Not much chance anyone will be fooled though. The way the doc described this, I am doing some significant damage to my tendons and stuff by using my hand when the elbow hurts. ****.

I hit a new high on the doctor's scale and I don't want to think about it.

Kiwi

Schatzi
11-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Kiwi, I went through a spell like that with bursitis in my hip and unbearable elbow pain..It did pass...I hope it does for you too.
As far as the insurance issue is concerned. Appeal the decision. you can call them, ask what the formal appeal process is, have them review your Tx and Rx history to show that you've already been through the 2 meds they insist you try again. Usually,the initial "decision" on these things is either automated using some clinical logic "built in", or when discussed with a first line customer service rep, they are usually presented with a screen of info. For example, they type in the drug name or code, and a screen pops up stating that standardly drugs 1 and 2 should be tried before this drug is "automatically" approved.
I worked for some of those "evil healthcare insurance companies" --
hope this helps

Wabby
11-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Hey, remember when Perfect 2000 when we wanted to lose weight so we could look good? Seems the focus is changing to losing weight so we can feel good instead. Sorry you've got the aches and pains, Kiwi, that can be so miserable.

I have disfunctional family of origin news. My youngest brother was arrested b/c he beat up his gf. This is yet another reason why I limit contact w/ my family. This is the brother that my parents bought a house for last summer. Supposedly that was supposed to motivate him to stop drinking and doing drugs. Don't think it worked. Now the gf is living in the house and he moved into my parents' Oregon house, w/ my sister who lost her house due to alcohol abuse. The parents are hiding out in Arizona. I often think the stork dropped me off at the wrong house, because I have never understood how these ppl think. My mom is hopeful that he's "hit bottom" and will now get help for alcoholism. I really wouldn't bet on it. :(

Kiwonk
11-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Appeal the decision. ......Thanks, the nurse is supposed to be seeing what can be done today. Part of the problem is that I used over the counter ibuprofen for the first course of treatment. Apparently in Insurance-Think I should have insisted on a prescription so they could pay for it. My bad. Corporate America--ain't it wonderful?
The parents are hiding out in Arizona.(Wow, I can certainly see why. Ironic that your parents ended up buying a house for the girlfriend who your brother abused. You have to wonder if people ever change, really.

But hey, congrats on the land thing! Of course you'll be sad to have to move, but it'll be exciting too.

..she says with all the enthusiasm she can muster. Ouch. I've got to get that prescription squared away, this brace thing isn't doing much.

Ta

Kiwi

Cowpernia
11-09-2006, 07:28 PM
I am so focused on the mental picture of Kiwi wearing a jock strap on her elbow.

There are kids who appear to be raised by wolves. There's one who was living outdoors with a relative before being put in foster care. You should see him eat. He uses both hands. He stands up. He scrapes the bottom again and again and again. Then there's one who lives with her real family but who is wild. By wild, I mean she screams and kicks and will do nothing she's told and has no manners and keeps her shoes off. One day she came with her underpants on so that the waist was around one leg. She had shoes with the soles completely off except on the heel.

Ds is due home tonight. Must go. XOXOX

Cherry Cow
11-09-2006, 11:49 PM
Congratulations Wabby!

Kiwi, sorry about your pain! Wow, that sounds awful, and those insurance rules are just silly! I'm currently without regular insurance, though I do have catastrophic. Fun. As we were saying today, if we're going to get hurt, we need to REALLY get hurt!

I have the red wine thing too. But it's so tasty!

Peaches, wow! You really meet some interesting people in jobs like that. I met some children at my practicum who had challenges I would never have dreamed of, and my childhood wasn't exactly easy.

Speaking of that, Wabby... wow. Families are something else.

Still sparking. Weighed in at 83-even today. Of course, I deviated from my calorie range today. It was a challenging day. Not quite as challenging as Peaches or Kiwi or Wabby or, well, anyone else here, but challenging for me!

I was aiming for 83 on Monday, but now I'm kind of hoping to be under that number by Monday.

Cowpernia
11-10-2006, 09:22 AM
:cb: :carrot: I have the day off and my baby is asleep in the next room. :twirly: :flow1: :dance:

Wabby
11-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Kewl, Peaches. Enjoy him while he's home!

Going to lunch today w/ some friends, but I woke up feeling dizzy and pukey. I made it to work and I will feel better. It feels like a ms thing. bleeh.

Cherry, good job on the sparking. That is the neatest website. I registered, but I haven't been good at logging my food intake or exercising or drinking water........... but I registered, so I'll lose weight, right???

Wabby
11-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Me again. Durn customer's come in and interrupt my posting.

There are kids who appear to be raised by wolves.
Peach, one of my best friends works for a public agency that councils low income and at risk new mothers. She constantly blows me away w/ the stories she tells me about these babies and mothers. I don't know if I could do that kind of work - I'd feel so bad all the time, b/c even if you help one, there are 10 more that need help...........but you ppl that do work w/ them are wonderful.

You have to wonder if people ever change, really.

Kiwi, in this instance, I don't think he ever will change. The last house he had was a houseboat that my parents bought for him and he ended up getting kicked out of the marina where it was docked b/c he got in an argument w/ a neighbor and was arrested for dumping gasoline on the dock and threatening to light the place on fire. He is truely scarey and I just won't have anything to do with him. I feel bad for my parents, but they're his #1 enablers, too. I do have one normal brother. One out of 3 ain't bad, right? :?:

Kiwonk
11-10-2006, 02:34 PM
I feel bad for my parents, but they're his #1 enablers, too. Ezzackly. I understand how they feel, my parents are in a similar position with my brother. He is always in financial straits and they have helped him a lot, but they don't want to just keep shovelling money to him--it's like throwing it away, frankly. At least they recognize that it doesn't help, but that doesn't stop them from wanting to do something of course.

Keep up the good work, Cherry! You'll get there!

Peachie, happy kid weekend!!!!! We have one too, although not till tonight.

Thanks for the good thoughts about this annoying pain. Apparently I have no choice but to be a sheep and do what the insurance company tells me. The doctor called in a prescription for Naproxin and I get to "see if it works" for a week or so. Well, I can tell you it doesn't even work as well as ibuprofen so far, and I am now basking in a permanent haze of ache. I would rather not have insurance; at least then I would not feel like I was paying them to inflict this kind of misery on me. I could spend my money on the real medicine.

Sorry, ranting again.

We get to see The Secret Garden at the high school tonight. Yay.

Y'all have a good weekend, y'hear?

Kiwi

Schatzi
11-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Cherry :cp: you really are staying on track!!!
Wabby: I'm pretty much estranged from my family for the same kind of reasons. Most times I still feel hurt whistful and sad about it but the pragmatic side of me knows that estrangement is sometimes best~~but can be lonely :shrug:
CowP: you must be smilin ear to ear! :D to have DS home, a job in your chosen field and dang you knit too!
Kiwi: You sound so frustrated and miserable :hug: How about those hot patches or bengay?? I can't image you being compliant with that arm jock strap.

I'm a month ahead of schedule with school. There are 4 tests in this course, and I've already completed all the reading, assignments and lectures and got 100 on 2 of the tests .. Which is good cuz now I am learning the stuff I'm really weak on. All math stuff ,variances and statistics and formulas.. Funny thing is I love all this stuff, and was fortunate enough to have number wizards to rely on to generate reports for the data I wanted... now I have to learn how to do it myself... :lol:
On the weight front I'm down 4 pounds! I really have to monitor my calorie intake in order to lose..

Hi Sugar!!! and Bagzzy!

Cherry Cow
11-11-2006, 11:25 PM
The last two days, I've been not so much on track. Oops. But the hazards are over, so now I can get back to it.

I read something interesting today at the spark site: "trying to be perfect can actually hinder your chances of being excellent." Wow! So, maybe next year can be Excellence 2007. LOL.

Schatzi, good luck on your studying!

Kiwi, I told a friend about your health insurance thing and she was astounded! Crazy! (And she's on a wacky plan that won't let her have the expensive medication she needs in order to function.)

Peachie, hope you're having a good visit with DS! My DS is now just a little older than your DS was when we met. Time goes so quickly!

Hi Wabby! Is your username at Spark the same as here?

Where are Bagzie and Sugar?

Hoping for 83 even on Monday. Going to try to run tomorrow.

Schatzi
11-12-2006, 05:18 AM
Happeeeee BirthDayyyy Tooooo Yoooouuuuuuu! :hb: :dance: Happppeeeee Birrrthdayyy to you!!! :hat:

Here's a virtual :gift: dallink!!!!

Hope you have a great day and do all that makes you Smile :D

Cherry Cow
11-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Happy Birthday Kiwi!

Kiwonk
11-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Thanks, Schatzi & Cherry! It has been a nice birthday as a matter of fact. I got to see The Secret Garden twice (last night with DD), had a lovely dinner made by DD's BF and his twin. BFtwin is in pastry chef school and made this incredible Mudslide Torte. Also got donuts and birthday cards in bed this morning. :dizzy:

Glad you had a good visit with DS, Cowpeach. Wow, that whole Russia thing sounds very strange. I don't think Russia is all that safe for a couple of kids to be travelling in either. I mean, if I were on a preplanned tour I don't think I'd hesitate to go there, but on my own, no way.

I feel like a zombie today. It's rainy, DD is on her way back to school. A nap sounds like a plan, honestly.

Kiwi

Bagzz
11-12-2006, 10:58 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhh i have been awol and missed kiwonker's birthday!!!----sorry kiwonk~~!!!! happiest belated birthday to YOU ,you sweet little Australian fruit~~~~!!!! xoxoxo

Kiwonk
11-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Oh Yeah? Who you callin' a gay downunderer, ya emaciated maple leaf rag, you? Huh? Ya wanna fight? :boxing: Apparently I got 200 pounds on you so you're goin' down, woman!

Ahem. :hug: Thanks for the b'day wishes.. I got a present from my mother today with a card that informed me that I'm 53. :bomb: I'm not 53, I'm 51. :tantrum: I may have to have a talk with her, the crazy old coot oops I mean, lovely mother.

Well, it's another rainy day. Is Wabbit Wich yet? I think she should build a nice big compound and we'll all visit there every summer and have a wise old woman retreat. Weren't we going to do that? I forget. Being really old and all...

:thanks2: Thanksgiving is almost here. Which of these little turkeys should I shoot? DD'sBF's dad got a deer last week. DD says it's hanging in the garage. I haven't seen it.

Later darlings
Kiwi

SugP
11-14-2006, 02:19 AM
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, KIWI!!!!!!!!!!:carrot: You'd think after all this time I would write these things down on my calendar, but noooooo. Very amusing that your mom thought you were 53. When we were in Vancouver someone asked my dad how old I was and he said "Hmmm, let's see. About 29, I think". And he meant it! Gotta love the guy.

Random thoughts:

You've been blowing us off for real life??? Gee whiz. ;)

If you believe that, I've got some swamp land in Florida to show you. Peaches knows where it is.

I'm not putting up with this (see below) for the rest of my natural life, regardless of how much DH enjoys the squalor look. Horrifying, isn't it? Yes, that really is our kitchen ceiling.

That is REALLY scary. Amazing how long men will just let things go, pretending not to notice. We've got SO many repair projects around here to do. I'd do them myself if I could, but some of them are just physically out of my league.

My house is so so so messy. How do we clean up? I missed that lesson completely. Does it involve builiding on extra rooms for storage? Is that what Sugar's doing? Building on extra kitchens? Such a good idea. I once lived in a house that had been owned and occupied by two unmarried sisters. The house was ranch style and long and they had kitchens at each end.

I don't know how we clean up. My house is just a disaster area and when I look at the piles of stuff I want to run away. Or shovel it all out with a bulldozer and start over. Two kitchens would mean more mess for me - I'll stick to one.

I miss so much being a new cow in the herd... Lush and peach are related???? I didnot know dis!!!

Well, in their own minds they are. :D Schatz, did you ever make the aquaintance of Letty and Marcella? They used to drop by from time to time, but I think they must have forgotten their passwords by now.

Kiwi...Time to pull a TAWANDA!!! on that ceiling! You with a hatchet... DH far away..:s:

Sugar :dance: a new kitchen!!! How FANTABULOUS!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the demolition picks! Sugarfamily roasting food outside on the hibatchi!!! in snowsuits!!!

I'm hoping it won't come to that! But there will be pics for sure. If I can ever find the battery charger for the bigger, better camera. It's been AWOL for weeks now and I haven't a clue where to look.

Urban sprawl is on the move!!!! The annexation passed! Whooo-hooooo, -----------------------I think, now did I really want to move? ------------ I'm sure I'll be doing a little boo-hooing too when they mow down my house.

Oooh, Wabs, how exciting! Yes, you'll be sad to see the house go, but a new start will put wind into your sails. Or something. And moving gives you a chance to get rid of tons of crap.

I I have bursitis in my hip (I already knew that) and some tendonitis thing in my elbow with a long name. Tennis elbow, I'm sure...

Ouchy! I had that elbow thing once and it HURT. DH gets it from playing tennis and working around the house and he finds one of those stretchy bandage/support things really helps. What does bursitis feel like? One of my hips acts up now and then and I have no idea what it is.

Still sparking. Weighed in at 83-even today.
I was aiming for 83 on Monday, but now I'm kind of hoping to be under that number by Monday.

Way to go, Cherry! You're getting there. I still love getting your little Perfect messages once in a while. Reminds me to keep going.

Ezzackly. I understand how they feel, my parents are in a similar position with my brother. He is always in financial straits and they have helped him a lot, but they don't want to just keep shovelling money to him.

Ahh, where have I heard this before? My parents do the same thing with one of my brothers and his family. My dad just fumes sometimes at how they handle their money.

I'm a month ahead of schedule with school. There are 4 tests in this course, and I've already completed all the reading, assignments and lectures and got 100 on 2 of the tests ..

Gahhh! You are just toooo smart. Could you please come over and give me a lesson in time management and prioritizing of tasks? And whooo! on the 4 lbs! Smart AND slim!

Bagzie! They should have used me a as a guinea pig in that alcohol study - EVERY kind of alcohol gives me a hangover/headache. Even alcohol free beer!

Must go now. Did anyone notice that I somehow lost 10 whole lbs? I can't believe it, mostly because it doesn't really show. The lard flaps just somehow get flappier. I guess they're turning into skin flaps now. Ewww. I've been exercising my big butt off lately, not really worrying about calorie intake. I seem to have to eat next to nothing if I do diet only and that's not good.

Later, cowies!

Bagzz
11-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Ten Pounds!!!! You Will Have To Get Back Here And Explain That Right Away------------that Is Only A Dream For This Herd!!!---------except For Wabbs------------you Lost That Much Lately Right?????? Start Explaining Yourselves Or You May Face Eviction From The Compound!!!!! Strap On Those Feedbags And Get Talking!!

Cherry Cow
11-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Look at skinny Sugar P! It must be the Perfect messages!

Wabby
11-14-2006, 01:10 PM
OMG! I missed Kiwi's birthday! Happy Belated Birthday Kiwi!!!!!! :hug: :hat: :hb: :hb: :hb: There goes that memory again...... :dizzy:

I'm a proud loser of 13 pounds. 'course I was a mortified gainer of 20 in the not too distant past, so I don't know if it counts. Sugar, very impressive that you lost it exercising. I've been hardly eating a thing and not exercising at all. I'm probably screwing up my metabolism, but I'm basically lazy so that's how I lose. I eat very little carbs (whole wheat mostly), some protein and fruit, and tons of veggies. :carrot: How are you doing it Schatzi? still hanging around that South Beach? ........and about those lard flaps ---- as I lose weight, I'm getting a turkey gobbler....bwaaaaahhhhh!!!!

Schatz, you are just tooooo smart! You sound like yer lovin' being a school girl! :book2:

And moving gives you a chance to get rid of tons of crap. Sugar, they've told us that anything we don't want, we can leave and they'll throw it into the tub grinder along w/ the rest of our house. Maybe I'll just pack a suitcase and my toothbrush and walk away from the mess. Actually I don't want to think of my house pulverized into a little pile of debris.

Kiwonk
11-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Kiwi!!!!!!Thanks m'dear!
Sugar, they've told us that anything we don't want, we can leave and they'll throw it into the tub grinder along w/ the rest of our house. Maybe I'll just pack a suitcase and my toothbrush and walk away from the mess. Actually I don't want to think of my house pulverized into a little pile of debris.Wow, what a concept! Imagine moving and not having to clean out and clean up behind you. I wonder how much it costs to rent a tub grinder...:s: I know what you mean though, about your poor house! Bad enough knowing that no one will live in it after you leave, but total destruction? It's so final! You'll have to take a few structural things that you like from the house, either to re-use or even just as a memory collage. The great thing is you don't have to take one single thing you don't like! Do you think you'll be able to take some of your garden with you?

Tonight is flyball class. I hope Jet is better behaved this week than last. Last week all she wanted to do was check out the cats in cages they have at the pet store.:drool: I didn't even realize they were there for a while until she had pestered the heck out of them. I thought she was just sniffing the merchandise. Then she just wanted to leave the store. She almost did too, because she got away from me once and headed to the door which opened automatically!! Fortunately I was able to step on the leash before she actually got out. :stress: I don't know how to calm her down before we get there. Riding in the car gets her so excited she's like a wound spring when we finally get out. I guess maybe I should go earlier to give her a chance to settle down. I'm not at all sure that would work though. We could run up and down the food aisles at the pet store. :dunno:

Of course it's pouring today so a really good run outside isn't going to happen either. Yesterday we tried to walk down by the lake and the water had come up enough that all we could walk on were slippery rocks. It was not fun.

Also we have all the materials for the roof to be fixed, but our roofer can't do anything because of the pouring rain. Meanwhile we have 4 tubs catching drips in the kitchen. I would love to pulverize this place. :D

I am very impressed with everyone's progress!! Except mine!! I've got to get going on the exercise. DH is applying to a job...Everyone cross your fingers and think jobbish thoughts! It's almost enough to make me religious, how much I want him to get this job. What does his employment have to do with me exercising? Good question... Well, as long as the weather's decent I can take walks, but if it's going to do nothing but rain (and soon, snow) I'll need to exercise indoors. There's only one place in my house where this is even remotely possible; in the living room. Guess who's watching tv in the living room at this very moment? Now, don't get me wrong, he is very accommodating and would happily give up the living room to me if I want to exercise in there. However he would then be in the computer room and back and forth through the living room every 5 minutes to go to the bathroom or the kitchen or what have you. :mag: This does not work for me, I can tell you. I used to try to time my exercise tapes to do while he was out of the house, but I gave up.

Have a good day, y'all.

Kiwet, very wet

Kiwonk
11-15-2006, 01:15 PM
and for the impaired, all you have to do is Click Here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98268). Isn't that accommodating of me?

It seems that I am going to have to remind myself every single day that I am doing a 21 day challenge or I will completely forget it. If I hadn't come back to this thread to let you know I started a new thread, I think the challenge would never have crossed my mind again.

So anyway, new thread. Be there or be square.

Kiwi