Support Groups - WINNING LOSERS WEEK OF OCT.22nd

View Full Version : WINNING LOSERS WEEK OF OCT.22nd

miafluker
10-22-2006, 01:22 PM
here is the new thread ill check back in later:)

Sugar-N-Spice
10-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Sunday Greetings!

Hiya girls!!!

Hoping your Sunday is going great and we're all ready for another great week! Have gotten alot accomplished around the house this weekend and that feels really good. Exercise still needs to happen some time today, but I hit the ground running with laundry and football today. :D Loving this Steelers/Falcons game!

Deb, :welcome: I remember you from the old SF thread that was going awhile back. And yup, Melissa's here being as supportive as ever and very focused! I hope that you will like it here as much as we do. Jump right it and post away, it's great you're here!!!

Mia, hope today is going well for you! Thanks for the new Sunday thread!

Ladies make today the best!

Danielle

Sugar-N-Spice
10-22-2006, 04:30 PM
southerndeb (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/member.php?u=52781) vbmenu_register("postmenu_1445562", true);

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/avatars//angel4.jpg (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/member.php?u=52781)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif
HI Winning Losers, :wave:

Can I join your group?
I was searching for a group to join and saw that my pal Melissa is in this group. Hi Melissa :hug:

I have put on every pound I lost over the summer and I am starting over today. This group seems focused and very supportive, just what I need.

Deb

Hun.e.B
10-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Good Sunday afternoon everyone!! Popping in at halftime to check on everyone!!

:welcome: Deb!!! So good to see you again!!! Can't wait to hear how everything has been going for you!!

Danielle..Way to go with that DQ lady!!!! I'm so very proud of you!! this new mindset is going so great for you!!!!

Mia...thanks for the new thread!

Everyone else!!! :wave: hello! I hope your day is going great!!

So my negotiation thing was....alright I suppose. We had to do 2, the first one my contract was average. The second one I negotiated for myself the highest dollar amount in the class...which won me having to go in front of the entire class to do a demo negotiation...lemme tell ya it was not fun!! But I'm hoping that it earns me bonus points!

Okay time to get some water and head back to the game!! Have a great sunday everyone!!!

Hun.e.B
10-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Good Monday morning! Well I've got one costume down and one to go, the hardest one is out of the way thankfully. No time to work on the other till later in the week as I've got tons of exams this week, plus a couple of PTA projects I need to get started.

I didnt do so good this weekend with food, Its my weekend curse, I hope one day to find a cure for it. Why do I get this mentality that I can slack off on the weekends? Its like my goals dont even drive me. Back on track today though! I did do awesome yesterday with water.

Off to start the day! Have a fantastic Monday everyone!!

~melissa

Butterfly50
10-23-2006, 10:06 AM
Ok I can actually say that Iam not on plan and havnt been their all weekend. I feel down in the dumps and Dont know what to do to pick my self up. Its about everything not jest one thing . going to spen the day cleaning the house and hopefully I can encourage myself to get back on plan and get to loosing again.

CartersMama
10-23-2006, 10:23 AM
Goooooooood Morrrrrrrrning Ladies!!!!!!!

Welcome Deb!! Hope you enjoy this place as much as I do!!

Ladies, I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!! Saturday, I didnt do too well. I was fine with my food...but I had a drink.. and then another.. and then we ended up having a little party at my house. Well, it was fun..but I hate drinking because of all the bad things in the drinks. So I took my hungover butt to the gym on sunday and ran for 5 miles!! WOO! Then later on Dh and I and Carter went for a walk along some trails by my house. So I hope I made up for the drinking.

One really really good thing happened! I bought a pair of pants 2 sizes smaller then I would normally wear and they FIT!!! I thought it was a fluke and tried on another pair of pants some wear else (only one size down) and they were too big! I am so freaking happy!! I have to go buy shoes today for a dress I bought. I hate that part. haha!

I changed my ticker!! another 2lbs down!!

Sugar-N-Spice
10-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Happy Monday!

Hi girls. Everybody ready for another great week? I hope you all had a great weekend and can say you did great things for yourselves!! Mine was good, lots of productivity, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was glad my kids aren't back in school today. Drove me nuts all weekend with the bickering (mainly my girls) and tattling. lol

Melissa, I'm glad your class went alright. See, you did so well you had to share it with the world! LOL I know that's one of your least favorite things, but trust me, people were listening. So you had a bad weekend, today's a new day! Great job with the water, now keep that focus, you can do it!! I bet the girls will look fantastic in their costumes. I swear you can't beat a homemade costume, they look a zillion times better than those expensive store bought things. Take pics!

Bonnie, I'm sorry you're struggling lady! I'm hoping today that you find that motivation to get back on track and get going with your losses again. Chin up lady, think about how fantastic you feel when you eat right and workout!

Stacia, hey party girl! ;) I'm glad you had a good time with friends this weekend. And look at you, working out the morning after! See, I knew it, all those spin classes have earned you some major compensation----2 sizes smaller!!!!! Woo hoo!!! Cannot argue with those results, you're doing awesome!

Have a fantastic day ladies! Make it the best!

♥Danielle

miafluker
10-23-2006, 03:30 PM
hi everyone? well i guess we all had a rough weekend my eating habits were alittle off i decided to start my challenge over today i guess that was a test run
im starting off bad today already though i had to take the baby to the dr. at 9am we didnt get back until 12 i ran out this morning without breakfast so when i got back i was soo hungry and thirsty that i ate a bowl of cornflakes with 2 spoons of sugar :mad: i know i was wrong for that i also ate a ice pop later:nono: now i have to work on my exercise and water for the rest of the day the bad thing is im still hungry man it dosent pay to skip breakfast somehow though i manage to lose 1 lb

needhelp27
10-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Hey everyone

Wow, i have had a looooong few days. It all started around sunday night last week. I had a really sore throat, a fever, back pain, etc. for 2 days and on tues i went to the doc and did a throat swab and i ended up having strep throat. I had to stay home from school for 2 days so wed and thursday and there was no school on friday. Anyways, on thursday night my mother and drove 3 hrs to a place called Cranbrook and we stayed overnight in a B&B, it was nice, and on friday I went on a college tour to the college I got accepted to. Then I drove all the way back to a place called Grand Forks (bout 4 hrs) and went to a confrence all weekend, stayin up till 1 or 2 am each night. Then yesterday my mom picked me up around 11 and we drove to Kelowna (2.5 hours) to a college fair at 6:30 pm so we did a lil shopping went to that till bout 8:00 and then drove 4 hours to get home and that was my cheat day so i had mcdonalds and i dont think it was cooked so i was sick last night and this morning and didnt go to school today. Anyways, i need to eat sum crackers or sumthing and get sum rest. Cya later

Heather

lovethatsara
10-23-2006, 06:41 PM
okay im going to pat myself on the back for the workout i did this weekend and then im going to slap my wrist for eating reece's candy (halloween) all weekend. so it evens out... im going to the gym afterwork which is going to be from now on my regular scheduale. I really need better eating habits more control over what i choose to stick in my mouth.. Ever since I had to take the scale out of the hallway (matt kept tripping on it at night) I havent weighed myself. I have no idea where I'm at. I did manage to take before pics though.. I'll be taking progress pics once a month.

miafluker
10-23-2006, 10:24 PM
hi all i learned some new info that im going to share tomorrow because im so tired tonight i hope everyone did okay have a great night

Hun.e.B
10-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Good Tuesday Morning! Today is my 14th wedding anniversary. Had plans to go out to eat but my cousins MIL was put on life support yesterday so she is rushing to be with her husband while they wait and we are taking on their 2 small children for the week. So now I'm a mom of 4! And I'm not taking 2 toddlers to a restraunt! LOL! It also means that I may not be here much the next few days, depending on if I stay home with them or not, If I cant get them to sleep at night I'll have to stay out at their house and they have the slowest dialup on the face of the earth so I wouldnt be able to make it here. Just know I'll be cheering everyone on even if you dont see me!

I had a great day yesterday stuck to plan all day long with NO slipups and got in all my water! Looking for another fantastic day!

Bonnie...I'm sorry you are feeling so down. I think that tends to happen to alot of people this time of year with the weather change. Just try to make the best choices you can. Journalling will help alot too. And if you just need to vent we are here for you!

Stacia...you are shrinking!!!! LOL!! Way to go on the smaller pants!! And down 2 lbs!!!! AND you ran hungover!!! LOL!!! That is some serious committment! woman you are just simply amazing!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Danielle...your attitude just gets better and better!! Cant wait to see your leaf tally this Friday! I havent seen you this in control for a long time and I gotta say...it looks fantastic on you!!

Mia...yep skipping breakfast is a nono, thats why I love the Slimfast products, you just grab and go! Cant wait to see what you've got for us today!

Heather...I hope you are feeling better! My goodness you've been through it havent you! Take good care of you! Rest!

Sara...Way to go on your workout!!! That halloween candy I tell ya! It should be outlawed! No sense living by the scale its just a number anyway! Keep up the good work lady! those progress pictures will tell an amazing story!!

Okay off to study for my finance exam! Have a wonderful day everyone!!

~melissa

lovethatsara
10-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Melissa, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! We understand if you cant come on. Just know that we are hear for you rooting you on! Thanks for all the good advice.

Stacia -Congrats on getting into those smaller pants. you are doing it girl!

Mia - I usually dont like to have breakfast too but I heard your metabolism speeds up a bit if you have breakfast, Mel is right take slimfast just for breakfast... I get the walmart brand called Equate... the chocolate is delicious!

Danielle - God I wish I had that site that says how many calories you burn doing housework. When I saw it my mouth dropped. hehe. I didnt know. Glad you got a lot accomplished.

Bonnie - *big hugs* You know we are here for you, you can do it! If you ever need to talk just let us know.

Heather - I hope you feel better! Other than the getting sick part your trip sounded fun.

I've been working out at the gym as all of you know, and boy do I get tired. I talked with matt when he was driving home and told him, I really pushed myself yesterday at the gym, which was good but boy did my thighs burn while I was on that elliptical machine! hehe. By the time I was finished and went to walk home I was sooooo tired. I think it's good that I have to walk home instead of drive. I know soon I'll see some progress :)

miafluker
10-24-2006, 01:29 PM
hi everyone! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Mel
sara im glad im not the only one having that problem my ? is would the shakes be enough? i hope so because i may be starting a new job so breakfast would really be hard

okay i found this info i like it and though i would try it so i wanted to share

The Easy Six Week Diet Transition
In some ways, changing your diet is similar to making a successful resolution in that it's conceptual at first. Your long-range goal should just be to eat well. As your healthy eating behavior becomes a habit, you will find the other intangibles (such as weight loss, energy gained, etc.) falling into place. The easiest way to accomplish this is a gradual transition from food choices that don't help to food choices that do. By making this transition gradually over six weeks, we've found it to be the easiest diet program ever recommended.

Working in a 6-week cycle, you can train (or trick, if you will) your body into craving more nutritious foods. This cycle is easier if you're exercising because your body will crave the proper nutrients to re-build its broken down tissue.

Week 1
Eliminate the junk from your diet. That's it, just junk; no potato chips, candy, ice cream, etc. Other than this you may eat whatever you like... and here's the kicker: you may cheat on this twice, and that means for TWO WHOLE DAYS YOU CAN EAT WHATEVER YOU LIKE AND STILL SUCCEED!

Week 2
No eating for 3-hours before you go to bed. That way your body can go to sleep in fat-burning mode, rather than in calorie-storing mode. Plus each week carries over, so you still cannot have junk, except for the 2 days when you may cheat and eat whenever and whatever you like.

Week 3
Eat 5 to 6 small meals a day. If you make yourself do this, the size will control itself because you won't ever get ravenously hungry. Try to keep each meal balanced as close to 30% protein, 40% carbohydrates, and 30% fat as you can - and try and eat for what you will be doing for the next three hours (If you're working out, eat more, sitting at a desk, eat less)... Still no junk food, and still no eating three hours before bedtime. You may cheat on two days.

Week 4
Eliminate fast food and alcohol. This can be hard for many of us because we now have to plan our meals, but hey, it's only for a couple weeks. People tend to forget that alcohol has calories, and it also slows your metabolism. Cheat ONLY ONE DAY this week.

Week 5
Eat whole foods. This means that you eliminate any processed foods from your diet, such as bread, most salad dressings, almost all cereal, luncheon meats, cheese, anything with preservatives, and most everything served in restaurants. What you can eat are whole foods such as fruit, raw or steamed vegetables, meat (sans any type of sauce), natural grain rice, poached eggs, etc. It shouldn't be terribly hard since your eating habits have been slowly changing. Still, it's a hard week because it will feel like dieting. Try not to cheat, but you may if you find yourself getting ravenous - just keep your blowout to a minimum.

Week 6
Eat healthy. Eat whatever you want, following the general rules we've followed for the last five weeks. You may be surprised to find yourself craving something healthy instead of a candy bar or pint of Ben & Jerry's. You should now be better at listening to your body because it will tell you what it needs to eat, as opposed to what you're used to eating - especially if you're working out. Keep a couple of cheating days, allowing yourself to give in to occasional indulgences. Just try not to overdo it.

Now take some time off and don't think about dieting. Have your eating habits changed? Most likely they have. You may find that your body feels transformed and that you've shed some fat! More importantly, because you have gradually changed your lifestyle, your body is likely to maintain this change, without a lot of effort on your part.

You should now know enough about yourself to tweak the next 6-week plan to suit you. However, keep the cheating days. They are important, and not just because they allow you to have fun. Whenever you are restricting your caloric intake, your metabolism wants to slow down because it thinks that you are starving. By "cheating" a couple of days a week, you actually trick your metabolism to stay higher, so you lose more fat.

Sugar-N-Spice
10-24-2006, 01:30 PM
Doing a quickie this morning......on the run today. Hope you gals are having a great day so far and keeping that light burning bright! Everything's peachy on my end, listening to my hunger this week has definitely paid off and I feel so much better all around. The best part is I've eaten whatever I've wanted and even discovered a few of what used to be my favorite "sinful" foods, don't actually taste all that good. Go figure, huh? lol

But anywho, just wanted to pop by and let ya'll know I was thinking of you and wishing you all a fantastic Tuesday!

Check back in with you guys later this evening after all this running around today.
Be good!

♥ danielle

Hun.e.B
10-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Hello lovelies! Well change of plan, I wont have 2 extra kids after all, which is a HUGE relief to me. I cannot tell you how much 2 little ones do NOT fit into our routine now. I did my baby jail! LOL!

Mia...that is really great info, and something that is very doable. I took a nutrition class a few semesters ago that was more about HOW your body digests and the sciences of your body rather than what to eat. And when we got to talking about weightloss the biggest point was slow slow slow! That 6 week plan would fit right in with that. Thanks for sharing! Oh and on the shakes, I prefer to have some fruit along with my shake so it ends up being about 230ish calories for breakfast.

Sara...you did awesome at the gym the other day!! Its the good burn! LOL!! Keep up the GREAT work!!

Danielle...oh errand day...my fave! LOL!! I hope it wasnt too traumatic!!

Okay, I'm playing hooky from my philosophy class I should take advantage of the extra time, had to check on my favorite losers though! have a great afternoon everyone!!

~melissa

AlaskanMelody
10-24-2006, 07:53 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies,

Well, we made it! We are staying in a beautiful birch cabin for at least the next week. It feels so good to be out of hotels! Not cooking and cleaning for a month sounds really great...until you've eaten your tenth sandwich. LOL We may stay here all winter - it's really nice - cozy but nice. I looked in the paper yesterday for other rentals but there wasn't much that compared to how nice this place is and we don't want to buy anything until spring after we've decided this is the area we want to stay in.

Anyway, it's time to get on the wagon again. I would love to break out my TAEBO or TURBOJAM dvd's but there is just not room in this little place. We've got beautiful mountains to climb though and it's supposed to start snowing tonight so hopefully we can get out the snowshoes and cross country skies very soon. I would rather be outside anyway - as long as the kiddos can take it.

I can start with the changes in food though. I'm back on my water regime so that is good. (It's REALLY nice to have a potty at hand again!) LOL I tried not to drink too much while we were on the road all day - for obvious reasons - and now it's like I can't get enough...which is good I guess.

Tomorrow will be our start of getting 'back to normal' routine. Up and at em early and get some school work started with a planned outside break after lunch then a good walk or something after school. I am such a 'routine' person - it will be good to get everybody back on task (as much as possible with a two year old in tow)...

Okay, I better run. I hope your all having a great OP day! I'll check in tomorrow.

brat_61886
10-25-2006, 01:02 AM
Hey Everyone,

I know i'm horrible. I'm sorry. ive had roommate drama...and for the first time i'm not the one fighting with everyone else!!!. My new roommate is bipolar and her moods are all over the place, plus her bf always pisses her off and makes it worse. my great grandpa died friday morning and then today i heard that a family friend past away over the weekend from a heart attack. Why does bad stuff always some in clumps??? Oh well. Ive been off any my eating plan. I think i'm going to break down and go to WW. I think right now i need all the support i can get. Oh well...

AlaskanMelody- It sounds gorgeous...Personally i'm not a snow person...well i'm not a cold weather person, but i love to go for a few weeks to ski or snowboard. good luck with getting back on plan. i always crave water if i havent had it in a while. its really good!!!

Melissa-lol i dont think i could handle that many kids either. My cousin has 3 boys and OMG. Everytime i call i'm reminded why i dont want to be a mother for a veeeeeeeeeeery long time, or at all. I'll stick with dogs and cats for a while. I hope everything goes okay with your cousin MIL. Ill pray for her. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

CartersMomma- lol sounds like my saturday...so many drunk momments and stupid stories i could tell but i'm going to save myself the embarrasement!!!

Danielle- Glad everything is goind good. Ive noticed the same with the food. Even with candy that i used to love and now its like...what the **** was i thinking!!! keep it up chick!!

Mia- Goodluck chick. Ive been on something like that but it was for anorexic girls and much more restrictive...it works though...good luck!!!

Sara- thats awesome...i need someone to give me a nice kick in the *** for me to get in the gym, but if i make it thru the first 2 weeks i'm good. I'm going to start going back friday. I would do it tomorrow but well they way my roommates left the livingroom and kitchen, to clean that thing is a 4 hour workout in itself!!!!

Where is everyone else???? Oh well i guess its bed time...night ladies!!!

Hun.e.B
10-25-2006, 10:14 AM
Good Morning! Well we made it out to dinner and i did alright, skipped cocktails..Yay!! But allowed bread w/ butter and had a few bites more than I needed. Oh and I had a slip up! I was at the mall getting dh a present and i got myself a slice of pizza for lunch, this was the greasiest pizza you could ever imagine! Not a good choice for sure! Plus I found these sugar free dark dove chocolate truffles...OMG! I love dove dark chocolate these are amazing!! Gotta stay away from those, even sugarfree they are 190 calories for 5 truffles.

Its getting so cold here!! Gotta get the flannel sheets out tonight I think. Plus my girls dont have flannels so i think I'll be doing a little shopping today for that. Winter is breathing down our necks!!

Melody...Welcome home!!! Or as home as its gonna be for awhile! You sound so happy, and I'm thrilled for you! What part of alaska are you in again? You might have said before but i cant remember. My sister lives up there and my mother lived in Homer for years. did you get that snow?

Britt...hey!!!! Oh we've missed you! Dont stay gone for so long next time girl! I'm sorry you are having roomie issues. Thats not a good environment to be in day in and day out. Support is definetly HUGE in trying to lose weight. I'll be here for ya whenever you need!! We can do this!!

Bonnie...I hope everything is okay, let us know!

Have a wonderful day everyone!! Be good to you! make all your choices the best they can be!

~melissa

Butterfly50
10-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Good morning Ladies so far I am doing good jest freezing my butt off here. It was in the low 30s last two nights and this house hold the cold. I better start buying Plastic for the winter or I will have a major Light Bill. I dont know what happened to me yesturday it felt like I had taken medcine that made me feel like I was in a daze and druged up But I didnt take a thing. I woke up at 10:30 ( Unlike Me) and was ready to hit the bed by 10 last night. I am feeling better I still am having allergies problems Now I think with all the runny nose and sneezing that I have gotten a cold to Congestion so now I am taking meds for that.

Dont forget that BL is on tonight. I have to get back into working out it makes me feel so good but when I feel down and depressed I dont feel like doing any thing. I need to. I have to. I will see what I can do today. Have soo much stuff to do here . Seems Like my day jest repeats itself any more. On the Bright side I think my two DD's are going to spend the weekend at my sisters house . She is having a halloween party on sat and we are going to be Joining them up their.
Well I better get busy the house dont clean it self.

miafluker
10-25-2006, 01:52 PM
hi everyone i relasped i had some Mcd fries the other night and lets just say i had some again last night i havent restarting my challenge or my transition diet man i need motivation i kind of stressed out so i find myself craving sweets hopefully soon i will snap out of it anyways good going everyone ill catch up to you guys soon butterfly i know what you mean i feel disgusted with myself right now well guys talk to you later i need to go get my priorities straight.

lovethatsara
10-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Okay ladies, I need major motivation.... I need to lose 8lbs to hit my 20lbs lost mark. I weighed myself this morning and I'm 273. My first goal is 265... thats when I'm going to buy my Gilmore Girls 6 box set. I feel like I need my girls help! :) Please kick my butt if I don't keep on the right track!

Hun.e.B
10-26-2006, 09:07 AM
Good Thursday Morning!! Yesterday was a pretty successful day again. I did great on my meals just had a couple of times where I reached for candy and shouldnt have. I didnt totally overdue it but those couple calories here and there add up. So I'm gonna focus on not doing that today. Tomorrow is another WI for me!

Bonnie...I'm so sorry to hear how things have been going lately. Do you journal? It can really be a huge help to get those feelings out and find out whats going on inside. did you happen to catch Oprah this week when she had the ladies on who had Weight loss surgury and didnt get to the bottom of why they had the weight to begin with so they transferred their addictions from food to alcohol, drugs or sex. Very interesting stuff. Depression can make you feel drugged like that. Anyway, I hope there is some sunshine in your day. I havent watched last nights BL yet, I hope blue did something! LOL! chin up Bonnie! We are here for you!

Mia...no more frenchfries! LOL! Addictive little suckers arent they! Time to get that control back though, I know you can do it! You are worth it!

Sara....You can do this!!! You are so close to hitting that first goal! Just think how amazing its gonna feel to say...yep I've lost 20 lbs!! And what a great reward you've got laid out! Just take it one step at a time, make it through today thinking about each choice and how its gonna effect your goals. You can reach that goal in no time at all! I know you can!! Here we go Sara....2...4...6...8....we will lose this freakin weight!!

I hope everyone has a great day today, if your are lurking say hello!! We could use the support!!

~melissa

CartersMama
10-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyones morning is starting of wonderful!! I just woke up, so I thought I would check in with you ladies!!

I am doing pretty good here, DH has realized how bad I want this so he is helping me out here with the food. He gave me more veggies last night with dinner and he took more meat. haha. Weds are my cook-free nights since I get home at like 6:30 from the gym, so he takes over that area then.

I have some bad news.. boo.. I just found out I have to have some surgery and will be on pelvic rest for 6 weeks, they said no running and no exercising. So no more spin and no mor epilates starting Nov. 8th. I am bummed, but I have to have this taken care of. So the good news is, is I am working out like a mad man before the 8th so I will just be able to eat better during that time.

Melissa- Sounds like you are doing great!!! Keep up the good work lady!!!

Bonnie- Sorry you arent feeling well!!! I hope you start to feel better soon!

Sara- you can do it!!! You know you can, and you will be able to watch G.G. over and over. I am going to miss that show when it is over. I want to live in Starshallow.. haha!!

Britt- Sorry to hear about everything that you are going through. It always seems that things do come in clumps. Its not fun. You will make it through this I know it, we are all here for you girl!

Mia- a couple fries arent bad!! You cant ban yourself from everything or you will end up wanting it more and more.

Danielle- Hey lady! That is great about the foods not tasting as good!! I wish I had that issue!!!

Hi to anyone else that I missed!!!! ;)

I am leaving tomorrow for the weekend again. I have an engagement party to go to up in my parents area and its my moms bday weekend. See you all on monday and everyone have a great weekend!!!!

lovethatsara
10-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Good Morning Ladies! Thanks Melissa and Stacia! Yesterday I went to Walmart and in the guys section I found 2 pairs of track pants (sweat pants the ones that are smooth like nylon) so I can wear to the gym. I'm totally stoked about hitting the gym today and getting those 8 pounds off. Mel your cheer was so cute! I think at the gym today I'm going to sing that in my head if I feel like I'm struggling! he he.

Stacia did they say you can only not excersize standing up? I know thats a funny question but my co-worker who is over 300lbs bought this Chair Dancing and another dvd I think it's called Sitting Tai Chi and She says it a real workout. You probably should rest anyways couldnt hurt getting a little R&R and I will be here waiting for you when you get out of surgery. If you cant come online maybe you can have DH let us know everything went ok? or give one of us a call. :)

Mel- Good Job on the successful day... They really should band Halloween Candy. I kind of wish I hadn't bought ours.

AlaskanMelody
10-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Good Mornig Ladies,

Well, today HAS to be a better day than yesterday. I had a hot dog and chips for lunch with the kids and a sloppy joe and more chips for dinner. I felt like I was going to vomit all night. No more of that.

Lunch is so hard for me. I have great plans then I end up eating with the kids of just grabbing something 'fast' - which is never good - and then I feel terrible. I have to make the effort and make sure I have something good. Do any of you have the kids/lunch issue?

Danielle - I hate errand day...hope you got it all in. I wish my 'sinful' food would start tasting bad! LOL Good for you!

Bonnie - I was so bummed because I missed BL last week. I caught it last night though! Hope you are feeling better today.

Brit - Roomates....UGH! Hang in there.

Mia - Step away from the fries! :devil: Fries bad. LOL

Melissa - Good job with that candy. You are such a motivation! We are north of Anchorage. It's so beautiful here.

Stacie - Very cool that DH is being so helpful! Have a great weekend.

Okay, I better run. Have a great day Ladies.

Butterfly50
10-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Melissa I did happen to catch Oprah and I can tell you I sure was susprised. Thats one things I have always told myself I couldnt do gastric bypass. But Yes you do make a point and so did they you ahve to know whats inside before you can change the out side. So I have decided to get a notebook and start working on somethings . I will encourage everyone to post too. My Life wasnt very good . But I do think this will help. If any one has a chance please do the same. Some of us may be more alike then we think . I know Bob also encourages this too.

miafluker
10-26-2006, 05:50 PM
hi everyone! i didnt watch oprah but i watched maury and they were talking about disaster surgeries lets put it this way if i was ever thinking about gastric bypass or tummy tuck im not anymore.
sara- we are both in the same boat needs a kick in the butt from time to time
melody- i know the feeling when i eat something i really dont need i feel sick also
Stacia please keep us updated and get well soon
im dreading halloween and then its thanksgiving and then xmas :tantrum:
i guess i need to start on my transition so that i can make smarter choices during those times
Butterfly50- please tell me more about the notebook idea

do anyone know a healthy recipe for sweet potatoe pie?

what if we do a healthy food choice or recipe for the day or week?
it would be great to learn from one another

miafluker
10-26-2006, 05:56 PM
okay my food recommendation is if you absolutly have to have pizza here are some options whole grain or wheat bagels or flat bread with your choice of meat 2% or no fat shredded chez and pizza sauce has very little calories in it or if your watching sodium you can use no salt added tomato sauce

also they have the whole wheat dorgino pizza(im going to try that) and of course the lean cusine oven brick

Sugar-N-Spice
10-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Phew, is it the weekend yet? lol I swear, if its not one thing it's another around here! My youngest dd is giving me aboslute fits about her halloween costume, driving me nuts!!!!! When's my vacation?!?!? :dizzy:

Sorry I haven't been around the last day or so, it's been nutty for me. But, it was great to see alot of you checking in and seeing you're all doing pretty well!!! I don't have time right now to attempt to get to all the personals, too much to get done before dinner time. However, just wanted to give a shout out to Melody and say HI! I'm so glad you are "home" and everyone's adjusting. Sara, Heather, so good to see you gals!!! Everybody else, hang in there and keep up the good work!!!

P.S. Did you guys just love BL last night, or what?!? I absolutely am in total love with Bob!! LOL What an amazing person he is, tickled me to see him get excited about his team winning the weigh in.

♥ Danielle

southerndeb
10-26-2006, 06:34 PM
I asked to be part of your group and then I disappear - how rude! Sorry about that - CRAZY week. :dizzy:

2lbs down this week so far, I'm pretty excited. I weigh 190 and want to get to 130-140. I haven't made time for exercise in a very long time, which is awful.

What a wonderful group of inspiring "losers". I have a super hectic rest of the week and weekend, hopefully next week I will be able to read all posts and get going!!

All the best to you all over the weekend!
Deb

AlaskanMelody
10-26-2006, 07:37 PM
I WANT TO STRESS EAT!!!

I decided to come here first and see if I can get over it. As I said before we lost everything on the computer while we were on the road. Well, it had all the kids school information (we home school and use a great program called A-squared). Well, I had to load it back on today and I couldn't get it and I'm trying to organize and print and UGH.......CALGON TAKE ME AWAY! The two-year old decided not to take a nap today......I'm still searching through the 24' trailer trying to find books and necessities.....I WANT CHOCOLATE!!

Okay, I still want to eat, but I'm feeling a little better after raging. Sorry you all had to see that! LOL

I WILL NOT TURN TO FOOD. I WILL NOT TURN TO FOOD. I WILL NOT TURN TO FOOD.

Sugar-N-Spice
10-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Melody, sorry you're stressing tonight. Moving can be stressful anyways, and you have done the mother-of-all-moves, so I know no one could blame you! Have your kids always been home schooled? I did one year of it when we transitioned from a move from AZ to CA. Totally not prepared to do it either, but due to circumstances that are an entirely different post (lol) we ended up having to do it. The experience was great, got a lot of support from our "coach" but always felt alittle strange as a lot of what was available seemed to be really religious based. Anyhow, my kids ened up doing really well, scored well on the end of year state exams and all that, so figured I hadn't damaged them too much. LOL. I hope you were able to find all you needed to get going with school and that hopefully the little one will cooperate more tomorrow. :D. Hang in there hon!

Hun.e.B
10-27-2006, 09:13 AM
Yay its finally Friday! LOL!! Its been a long week. Plus I had 2 extra kids all day yesterday and they wore me out. I'm glad my girls are older, I forget how much work little ones are! AF showed up last night...yippee me! So that meant the scale moved a tiny bit. down .2...I figure hey...at least its still going in the right direction. And plus, I've not been that great this week, more like not focused. Yes, I've had great days but i could make better choices. And I've been BLTing alot. I need to get back to remembering my goals with each choice I make. I could use a focused weekend too since the last 2 were busts!

Oh and I got both girls' costumes done. I just have to figure out a little hat thing for my littlest one (she's going to be a genie) I'll take pics to show you for sure!

Stacia...good for dh for getting on board and helping out! I'm sorry to hear you've got to have surgury though. I hope that all goes well and you are feeling better very soon! Have a GREAT weekend away!

Sara....I love your enthusiasm!! Dont you just love how new clothes make you feel? For me even just a new tshirt just energizes me! I hope you have some fantastic workouts at the gym!! Those 8 lbs are going to just fly off!!! You can do it!!! I'm right there with you!!!

Melody...when my girls were younger lunch was DEFINETLY a problem, and my girls loved mac n cheese which I love!! And it was so hard for me to make that for them and not have a bite, it was a HUGE victory for me anytime I could do it. I think what helps me is to either have my lunch first so I'm not hungry or to have mine ready to go (prepare it first) so that way when you do sit down, or run for lunch yours is ready and there isnt an excuse to have some of theirs. Did you make it through last night?!!! Ugh! I wish I had checked in last night! I hope it passed and you won! If not put it behind you and move on!! You can do this...food will not make anything better!

Time to get this morning going!!! Have a wonderful day everyone! Remember those goals!! We can do this!!!

Bonnie...Journaling is going to help so much. And not just talking about what you ate. Talking about how you are feeling or when things start bothering you working them out on paper. Some things will be hard to realize and other times you'll be "AHA! well no wonder!" LOL!! Good luck to you with that!! I hope you have a wonderful day today and the sun is shining for you!

Mia...I think a recipe of the week is a great idea, I had suggested awhile back that we try doing a night maybe once a month where we all try the same recipe. I thought it'd be fun! When we do pizzas here we love to make our own. I use a whole wheat pita for the crust and regular toppings and it still only comes up to 500 calores for a whole pizza. I just do a serving size on the back of each topping and lots of veggies.

Danielle...I hope you got those costumes problems resolved. I'm thrilled to be done with ours, well I still have to do mine but it should be easy shmeazy. I havent watched BL yet, I should tonight but I'm THRILLED to hear bob finally won the WI! I knew they were gonna catch up sooner or later!

Welcome back again Deb!! LOl!! I was wondering what happened to you! I hope you have a great weekend, make good choices!! We'll 'see' you when you get back!!

lovethatsara
10-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Okay had to tell my lovely ladies. Guess what? Yesterday I went to the gym, although I went to the gym yesterday and my thighs did burn. I did not get tired! I know I was shocked, even the walk home I wasn't tired. Though When I went up the three flights of stairs to my apartment then I got a little tired.

Yesterday was the first time I went on the bike at the gym and I realized I really needed to go on it more, my thighs burned when I was on it! :)

Mel - you are right new clothes feel great. I felt cute in my new gym clothes!

Danielle - Congrats on the kids doing well on state exams. you must be very proud.

Melody - don't stress eat. Go to the gym, walk around the block, do your videos. :hug: I know last night before bed I got so upset I ended up going to bed but I knew I secretly wish we had ice cream in the house.

Hun.e.B
10-27-2006, 01:38 PM
I realized I forgot to acknowledge...Deb WAY TO GO!!! 2lbs gone!!! Excellent work my friend, keep it up!!!

Sara...you are just cruising with that exercise! And gaining so much energy to keep you going! Way to go!!

I was thinking I didnt know what my problem is I'm so darn tired today...duh...AF!!! Witch!! I hope everyone is having the best day!!

~melissa

Sugar-N-Spice
10-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Hello Ladies! Hope ya'll are having another fantastic day so far. I totally confused myself between last night and today, thinking today was Saturday. LOL Kids are out of school today so I am so turned around. I couldn't figure out why they all looked at me weird when I was commenting on certain shows not being on tonight....and then my littlest was like, Uhhh mom? Today's only Friday. :dizzy:

Deb, WTG on the weight loss this week!!!! :dance: Keep it up!

Sara, great work on the exercise! I need to do it badly, even my body is telling me to. Just can't seem to get up the get-go to do it. :rolleyes: Keep it up, those 8lbs will be melting off you in no time!!!

Melissa, I "think" we've averted crisis with costumes. I swear, if this is ANY indication how the teen years are going to be with all teenagers in this house, I'm packin my bags and moving to Montana. :D You mentioned mac n cheese in your post to Melody today, and darnit if its all I thought about this afternoon. LOL I love that stuff and I've no idea why. Bummer that AF is being a big witch, I certainly relate, that was me last week. Hopefully you'll get that energy back up and back to your old self again. Remember, gotta look better than mama! :p

Bonnie, I hope you're doing better today. Weight loss is such a mental thing and I truly, truly believe that journaling will help out immensely. I have books and books of my writing and it's saved me on more than one occasion. Its nice having a place to go and tell whatever's on your mind knowing that there is no judgement. Keep thinking of how fantabulous you feel after you work out & eat right!

Mia, hope your able to start your challenges this weekend. I've seen the 6week thing before on another site. Is it something from beachbody.com? Sounds pretty doable if thats what you really want. Good luck.

I totally forgot to weigh in this morning....that whole "it's Saturday" mentality. lol I'll do it tomorrow. I don't feel as if I've lost anything. Probably because I've enjoyed my eating to the fullest and don't feel that "hungry starving" thing anymore. I know that I've been honest with myself and eaten when hungry only, except once. Amazing how much it needs to be in the forefront of my mind right now otherwise I simply "forget".

One thing that I have noticed (dh too) is that my moods have stabalized since I started my new approach. I have not felt that sadness or anxiety that I've carried with me for years. What a relief! I also noticed that when I stopped counting everything, my water too, that I actually drink more water than when I watched every single ounce. Weird, huh?

Have a great weekend, girls!!!

miafluker
10-27-2006, 06:27 PM
hi how are you? Dani- all i can say is that you are very strong-minded it would be refreshing to get to the point where you dont stress your weight
i think the diet did come from beachbody i think it would help at least push me into the right direction without feeling overwhelmed
sara- congrats on the exercise i need to get my butt in hear
Deb- thumbs up way to go
Mel- .2 is great you must be doing something right
everyone keep up the good work!

Hun.e.B
10-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Danielle I didnt realize how close you were to your 5% goal!!!! That is awesome woman! I'm so happy that you are doing so great with your new way of life. I'm thinking maybe its a good thing to just miss those scale visits...who needs em! LOL!

~melissa

Butterfly50
10-28-2006, 09:52 AM
Good morning Ladies,
I did get a notebook out and start writing I have written quite a few pages already. I jest wanted to share this with everyone it may help me get to understand more .

I am number 8 of 12 children. My mother Only had children to stay on welfare. She was never a good mother she was never their for us . when she would get up in the AM she would leave and leave me home with my 3 younger sisters and 1 younger brother. I had to be the one to scroung up food when theywere hungry and listen to them cry when their was none. We must of moved 30 times in my childhood and it seemed like everytime we got settled and got somethings then my mother would walk off and make us leave everything behind. My mother was very good in mulipation to get people sympathony and she did it sooo well. No one would ever do anything about it.
When we were in school we would eat lunch because we knew that was our one guarenteed meal for the day. when I got older I quiet eating in school because some kids thought it would be fun to tease me . Mostly because I didnt have the up to date clothes. So I quiet eating Lunch so when I did get home I would mix Stuff like peanut butter with Butter and eat it out of a cup. Their was no other food in the house Matter of fact their was No electric or water in our house either. ever since I can remember when I was younger we never had a stable home or the place to keep food.
I can admitt we lived in some of the weirest places. for three whole months we lived in a camp ground in tents and had to take baths in the lake. We lived in a little cracker box camper behind a ladies house for almost 2 years. started off by craming 7 people in one of those things and then my mother moved in a a half torn down house while us children had to stay in the camper.
when I got older I married my husband when I was 1 moth away from 16. from their on I would eat and eat I guess in the fear that I wouldnt have food tomorrow. I would always over eat and from teir on I gained weight and I gained even more weight. Now I need to find out how to make my brain stop . I dont need to over eat. I have been married to my husband for 20 years and I have always had food I guess I have made food my side kick all these years. I did become a closet eater I wouldnt eat alot around other people and then whenI was alone I would eat and eat. It also didnt help that my husband had a job that kept him out of the house in the night time so to pass off the time I would eat mostly stuff like snack cakes and sweets and more sweets.
Now How do I regain my self and tell my self that I dont need to have all this food any more ??

This is jest some of what I have wriiten in my book and their is more that I have to write in it. Thanks to everyone who sits here and reads a piece of my life story their is soo much more that I do have to write.

Congrats to everyone and be back soon.

Hun.e.B
10-28-2006, 12:24 PM
Wow Bonnie...thats all I can say right now is wow. Did you go deep! I'm sending you a great big hug first of all. I'm so sorry that you had to grow up that way. On so many levels I can relate. I grew up a welfare kid too, we only had 4 kids in our family. But depending on whether or not my mother had a boyfriend she too was pretty inattentive. One of her husbands was extremely abusive, mentally and physically (luckily he never laid a hand on me, my brother and one of my sisters werent so lucky) We never had the things all the other kids in school had. All through school I was a skinny little thing, very shy, very low self esteem. And like you there got to a point where I was so ashamed to be eating free hotlunch I just stopped eating at school. When I graduated and got my own money and my own refridgerator thats when the weight started coming. Going grocery shopping was so fun! I would buy whatever I wanted and I could eat as much of it as I wanted to and didnt have to share. I can see now thats where alot of my problems come from. I have a big problem sharing food, I've even hid food to make sure that I got my share. Its taken me a long time and alot of journaling to realize its okay there is more where it came from! Alot of the way I am today stems back to my childhood and things my mother did. It took me a long time to let that go. I had to sit down and write her a 14 page letter, getting it all out. I never mailed it, but it made me come to peace with it all. And I continue to work on my other issues. Anyway, didnt mean to get all about me, just wanted you to see that you arent alone in all of this. I completely understand where you are coming from. And you are making GREAT strides in your journalling all ready. Its gonna be a journey but its so worth taking it. Congrats to you for being so successful in your marriage and your family after all you've been through. Its just going to get better and better.

Whew! Dont you just love journalling! LOL!

I had a pretty good day yesterday, damn chocolate again! I could blame AF but we all know there is noone putting the stuff in my mouth but me! We did our own pizzas last night and I overate a little bit. But I did really great with my other meals so I suppose it works out. I put the finishing touches on my girls costumes last night, they look so amazing! Cant wait to share them with you!

Tonight we are going to the haunted corn maze. Not sure if I'm going or not, I'd like to but with this bum leg and now there is something wrong with my foot. Ever had the side of your foot where it feels like it needs to pop, well I've popped it a couple of times and it wont go away! Its so painful!! So now I'm a full on gimp! Bum leg on one side, bum foot on the other. You shoulda seem me in the grocery store yesterday!! Oye! I'm gonna need the moterized wheelchair soon! LOL! So, not sure I wanna go running around in a corn field in the dark with scary monsters chasing me! Plus my youngest isnt up for that at all so I may just stay home with her and let dh and the older one go.

Well I'm just a chatty Melissa today arent I!? LOL! I should go out and clean out the garage. I hope everyone has a fantastic day today!!! Be good to yourself!!

~melissa

Butterfly50
10-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Thanks Melissa that little piece I wrote wont even cover the first page I written. Took my DD's to my sisters house last night they are helping her get ready for the halloween party she is having tonight . My Oldest called me crying because she Hurt her leg in GYm Thursday and Now it is hurting her again so I will be making a trip to the doctors office tomorrow to see whats up with her leg. Its kinda scarry that is how my sons problems started. I would be realy freaked out if that was to happen to her too. well I guess I better be getting last minute stuff done here. My hubby is on the couch taking a nap before we go. Catch all later.

Hun.e.B
10-28-2006, 03:37 PM
I hope your dd is okay Bonnie! Let us know if they come up with anything. A nap huh...must be nice! LOL!! Have a great rest of the day!

~melissa

AlaskanMelody
10-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies,

Wow, I thought for sure I posted yesterday. It was crazy. I know I got on a couple times and read the posts but apparently I had to get off before I actually posted. Ugh.

The bad news is that I did eat a Dove ice cream bar the other night. The good news is that is ALL I ate! LOL AND, I went and checked out CURVES yesterday. I really liked it. I dn't want to spend the money until DH starts working again but it should be good to go in a week or two.

We spent today looking at houses. Housing here is very esxpensive. We looked at one that was really nice, but right on a main road. I'm not thrilled with that. We'll keep looking.

Food has been okay today. Nothing terrible. I need to up the water though now that we're home for the day/evening. I swear I'll find my groove again soon.

Melissa - Did you go to the corn maze? There was an awesome one where we used to live. Hope you had a good time if you decided to go and the leg didn't give you trouble.

Bonnie - Journaling is amazing isn't it? I've been doing some serious reflection the last six months too - trying to figure out why I am the way I am. Who I am. It can be very powerful. I wish you luck in your journey.

Sara - Those workouts are getting better and better eh! Great job!

Deb - WOO HOO on those two pounds!

Danielle - The new approach is going well eh? Excellent. I wouldn't always worry about missing a weigh in - I like to use other factors too!

I better get off here and think about getting some dinner going. Hope you're all having a great weekend.

Hun.e.B
10-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Here's the link to the New week's thread

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96949