Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Core Chat Thread for Week of October 22-28, 2006

Vickie
10-22-2006, 12:57 AM
Here is our new weekly Core Chat Thread!

Come on ladies.....let's have a chattier week. :D

ontarget
10-22-2006, 01:01 AM
vickie, thank you for the new pages. i'm extremely chatty today, aren't i? i've been typing more today than i think i did the rest of the week.

i understand exactly what you're saying about tomorrow's being difficult. i tend to reward myself after an event when i've stayed op. this is something we have to learn to handle, isn't it? i overdid it today. i'm considering this my wpa's for the week. that's what i've been doing most of the time when i've had a day of indulging. we have the grands tonight so i won't be doing w a in the morning. i might possibly go tomorrow afternoon but i'm not sure.

this morning when i was typing about my wanting to lose 10 lbs by the new year, it was like a lightbulb turned on. our leader asked all of us yesterday where we wanted to be in the losing process by the end of the holidays. most year's i've been happy if i'd maintained. i was one of the ones who would say, "that's as good as a loss because that means i didn't gain the 7 lb average."

this time i'm planning to break the holiday spell (sounds like voodoo, doesn't it?) and drop those pounds. today was my indulging day. tomorrow--i'm on target.

there will be several days at a time that i won't be able to get here, but i'll be here as much as possible. i need you. we're probably going to be on the road either beginning thursday or friday. i won't have net access for about 5 days. if any of you trust me enough, please pm me your phone number. i'd love to call and chat for a few minutes. we have a cellphone with us, so i won't be too chatty. but i'd like to touch base.

have a good evening. i'll be back tomorrow. now i need to finish posting today's menu.

Dabbadooey
10-22-2006, 09:30 AM
I'm determined to lose weight for the rest of 2006. The Core program is the best there is and I am tired of being fat. 2007 is the year I'm going to be thin again!

ontarget
10-22-2006, 01:23 PM
melissa, i'm proud of you. 07 is going to be my year, too. guess we can call it our "lucky 7."

Tejas
10-22-2006, 03:29 PM
OK, a challenge!! No more fat in 2007! I was aiming for this year, but I haven't made it yet. But, I have lost and kept off 20 pounds. SO, maybe this year will be the year.

Today is a low calorie day and I'm doing OK. I have little self help messages here and there and especially on the 'fridge.

I was at the house of my good friend who lost 100 on Atkins. She's lost another 30 and says that's it for her. She had two friends there who have also lost a lot of weight (and I'm the only one who brought healthy snacks!)....one had gone from a size 20 to a size 4 in about 18 months. It was wonderful to see! If they can, we can :cheer:

Rhonda

Vickie
10-22-2006, 04:41 PM
Yes we can! I slept in today and missed breakfast. We just finished watching the movie we rented. It was the Breakup. I'm so glad we didn't pay theater prices for it. I don't like movies that have no endings and they dragged it out too long. I liked the premise but it wasn't written very well.

Jim is out shopping and is getting us Chipotle for dinner. I was supposed to make roast chicken tonight but I don't feel like it.

I'm just checking my email and then I've got to do some laundry. I'll check back in a little later.

I hope you are all having great Core days.

Katpo
10-22-2006, 08:27 PM
Hey, gal pals! I'm finally home and totally exhausted. TOTALLY. I had a really good time though and have great stories. When I rest up in a bit, I might be back. I also have pictures but they're too dark so I'll have to lighten them up and re-upload to picturetrail. Meanwhile, laundry beckons and as much as I don't want to do it, I also don't want to show up to work tomorrow naked. ;)

Tejas
10-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Welcome back Kathy! We missed you.

We just got back from dancing lessons. My sweetie is just a little tired! Not me, ready to boogie :dance:

I've done very well on my reduced calorie day. I'll try to do the same tomorrow.

Good night everyone.

Rhonda

septembersgoal
10-22-2006, 10:14 PM
Me too, me too! :lol: I want to be thin again! I found this picture tonight and it's now my inspiration. I don't know if you'll be able to see it, but it's from my birthday in 2002...4 years and 40 (?) pounds ago. Yikes! I want to get back there.
I have to run, it's almost time for bed. We're putting ourselves on a strict going to bed/getting up schedule in an effort to have more time for exercise and just feel better in general.

Kathy, so glad you're back and that you had a good time!!

Sandra, I can't believe you're going to be gone for so long!! I'm very upset! But congrats on your resolve. I love hearing you get all riled up. ;)

Rhonda, you seem like you're doing great. 20 pounds in a year is awesome.

Welcome Dabbadooey!

Vickie, I promise to be chattier this week. I wanted Chipotle today but we went to the pumpkin patch instead and just had a sandwich there.

Off to relax with DH before bed! :hug: to you all. We can do it!

Katpo
10-22-2006, 10:58 PM
Sandra, are you coming this way? If so, will you PULLL-EEEEASE let me know??

Froufy
10-22-2006, 11:20 PM
Hi there,

So where did the weekend go? I can't believe it's already sunday night - and IT ACTUALLY SNOWED HERE TODAY - okay wet snow that melted when it hit the ground but still - how icky is that (little ds was of course thrilled - says people would now be smiling with joy - I don't think so!). Now it's miserable rainy cold windy and damp out there!

Vickie - glad to see you are feeling better - and great job on bringing 'supplies' to the party - did you have fun?

Sandra - You had better check in VERY OFTEN or else the wrath of Froufie will be upon you - when exactly are you leaving? So what did you and grands get at the mall? Inquiring minds want to know! Congrats on the great ebay deals - and I am so inspired with your 'holiday plans' to lose weight - might just have to join you?

Kathy - can't wait to hear all the details and see pics - hope you had a great time visiting w/Shaun.

Melissa - okay I need to take my lead from you and get to bed at a regular, and earlier time every night - I try but don't seem to have the discpline.

Loved your 2002 birthday pic - you are the CUTEST thing with a fabulous smile!

Feel like I was running around all weekend and no time to rest? Sat am picked up ds from airport (he was in Toronto) at 10:15 - dropped him off at club for concert that day - off to nail appt at 11 am (lovely wine colored nails are typing this message!). Back home to take dd to her dad's (not doing well - incision on hip may be infected and numbness in 2 fingers - not good!) so she could take care of him this weekend (yes I also went shopping for him as he desperately needed sweatpants (everything else too painful on waist) and zippered sweatshirt (can't pull things over his head).

Off to 2 pm hair appt - got to relive my cruise experience as my hairdresser also cruises! Hair not cut too short - but not the same as my regular color girl (Kyla) is no longer there - she and I got along well - very chatty. I now have Jenny - nice but very quiet and not much history between us? Oh well.

Went shopping after that - found a nice fancy sparkly top I intend to wear to the GALA DINNER EVENT tomorrow night! Was going to wear my sequin blazer but found this at sears - a 'fooler' top - looks like a camisole and matching top but it's one piece - black background with lots of silvery criss cross zigzags all over with a clasp on the top shirt holding it together - looks very fancy and shiny - except it 'sheds' - so after trying it on I had sparkles all over my face (and my bedroom floor when I brought it home!). It also would make a great addition to my cruisewear wardrobe (and did I mention it was regular $55 but 40% off on saturday?). Also got little ds a new snowsuit, hat, gloves etc!

Stayed in sat night watched tv. Today woke up w/sore back! Got groceries, drove dd to dance and back to dad's, got little ds boots (to go with his new snowsuit), to the mall to visit the new pet store - and the resident bunnies. Home to eat - then dh and I decided to go to a movie (The Prestige - very excellent!) and now I'm home.

Decided tomorrow I would leave work early - to go home and change for the awards ceremony - no Vickie - no idea if we won - but I don't think so - I read up on the competition and frankly I think their stuff is much better than ours! Will get myself changed and dolled up and to the venue by 5 pm - finalists briefing - then a cocktail reception (yes I know no drinking or I shall stumble and fall off the stage!) followed by a 5 course dinner, awards, entertainment and a dessert reception after that! Very exciting don't you think?

Then at midnight - my chariot turns into a pumpkin, my sparkles all disappear and I have to go home!

Frouf

ontarget
10-23-2006, 12:13 AM
rhonda, that's amazing about your friends' losing so much weight. you're right. we can do this in 07. it'rs our year!!

i was wrong about using the cellphone while in transit. we don't have a generator in the trailer like we did in the motorhome so we won't be able to charge our cellphone at night. we're going to just use it for emergencies till we get to texas. bummer.

vickie, i had a great core day today. i even had polenta for lunch. did i tell you our nephew ate it and loved it? he ate his with pizza. :lol:

kathy, i'm glad you're going to wear clothes to work tomorrow. they probably wouldn't get much work done cuz of staring if you didn't. welcome home. it's good to have you back. i will call you when we get to the ranch.

rhonda, you sound like your excitement level is rising. that makes me smile. congratulations on doing well on your reduced calorie day. you'll do well tomorrow, too. and the next and the next and the next and the .........

melissa!!! howdy podna!! it's good to hear spunk in your posts, too. with me riled and you spunked? how can we miss??? 07! that's the year!!

come on, frouf. the wagon is loading. those horses are going to be sooooooo happy when we've all taken some of the weight off their loads. we are planning to leave thursday or friday. our martin archery shirts are at stitches getting our other sponsors' logos and our names embroidered. also, we're waiting on an order from an archery company to arrive. it should be here mid-week. the shirts are to be picked up thurs am. other than that we still need to pack the trailer and get the house winterized. we're both getting antsy. hope the week flies fast.

sounds like you had a big day yesterday. how about a photo of you at the awards ceremony? we'd love to see you. the girls and i wound up at walmart and taco bell. they had already gone to the mall earlier yesterday. plan b worked well. they bought junk. mickol bought snacks and a bottle of water. shayla bought some halloween teeth and something that makes "tooting" sounds. i just shake my head and look at the ceiling. today we took them swimming at the new indoor splash park here in town. we won't see them again till the end of the year. sure will miss them but am looking forward to seeing our texas grands.

it's late. i need to go sit in front of the tv with curtis for a bit. night night, chickies.

septembersgoal
10-23-2006, 06:48 AM
Morning! :sunny: I know, I'm up early!! And to top it off I'm getting ready to get on the gazelle, when DH gets finished up. It's a good way to start the day/week.

Frouf, your gala sounds so exciting. Good luck to you, and stay away from those cocktails! :D

Sandra, that stinks that you won't have a phone. At least check in with us occasionally.

Gotta go, he's done! Have a great day everyone! :cheer2:

Vickie
10-23-2006, 09:06 AM
I'm off to WW to get some bad news. Didn't much care about monitoring plan this week. I have my meeting, lunch and a bunch of errands and then I have to come home and start cleaning my pig pen.

I'm back on program and hope all of you are as well. I'll be on to try to catch up whenever I decide I can have a break. Probably between errands and before I get started on the house.

blessedwithsarah
10-23-2006, 09:56 AM
Happy Monday everyone. I'm with all of you - its a new week and time to get serious. I need to get back to goal and lower in 2006! Why is it so much harder for me to commit now when I have less than 10 pds to go than when I had 40? I know a big part of it is that I do like the way I look - well, at least in clothes!

We can all do it! We need to do it! Ra, Ra! Ok I'm done....

Kathy, glad your trip went well, I hope you are in better spirits. How did Shaun look in his uniform? I bet handsome! What man isn't handsome in unform :D

This week is going to be as busy as last week. I pulled a muscle in my lower back about a week or so ago. It was getting better until yesterday. We went to a flea market yesterday morning ( it was freezing! really, right around 32 degrees!). I was pulling Sarah in her wagon for a while, I think I pulled a muscle again. I'm ok sitting or walking, just standing is my problem. It takes me a minute to be able to actually move. I'm loaded up on motrin which is starting to help.

Didn't find much at the flea market, we were heading home at 9am (yes, DH needed for us to leave at 6, we left at 6:30). DD was complaining her feet were freezing.

Its warmer today, but dreary and rainy. Tomorrow is my day off, I need to run errands in the morning. I decided I need some casual long sleeved tops. The ones I have are fine for working around the house, but I need some nicer ones for actually going in public. For some reason the ones I bought last year are short waisted. I'm not that comfortable in them this year. What was I thinking last year:o

Well, off to a 10:00 meeting and then I have meetings much of the day. I'll try to stop back later today. I hope eveyone posts this week. It was awful lonely here last week.

Take care.

aghiowa
10-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Paula, I hear you sister! I am about 15 pounds above what I want to be, and it is SO hard to get and stay motivated. But I'm packing my bags to jump on the wagon trip with all of you, and I intend to stay on. :)

Kathy, glad to hear your trip went well. Sandra, keep us posted the best you can. And Vickie, way to go for getting back to WW, despite last week. Melissa, you're SO cute, I just have to say. You look like someone I'd love to hang around with...like you'd be a fun friend.

We can do it gals! :cheer:

Angela

Tejas
10-23-2006, 11:09 AM
WOW! Everybody's so busy. Me too. I slept in until 10AM am totally behind the 8 ball today. I'm going out tonight so I may not check back in until really late.

Have a great CORE day everyone.

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
10-23-2006, 11:18 AM
Anyone up for a weekly challenge to keep us all motivated??? Any suggestions?

How about we all meal plan for the week? I'd do an exercise type challenge but my back still hurts :(

Vickie
10-23-2006, 12:16 PM
I lost 2.8 which almost makes up for my 3.2 gain from two weeks ago. I didn't weigh in last week because I was with Cameo and as the week went on I didn't care.

I feel a bit better. I'm off to lunch now and errands.

Katpo
10-23-2006, 12:31 PM
Hey. Crazy at work so I can't stay. I'm so far behind everywhere I look, both here and home and work -- I hope it doesn't last long. It seems to add to the stress.

Congrats on that loss, Vickie! That's GREAT! It really does sounds like you feel a little better too, so I'm glad for that.

My day started off pretty bad as I got up late, out of the house late, and had to take pills so I stopped somewhere for a little breakfast sandwich. It was NASTY and I threw it all out after one bite. I brought a hotplate, little pot with a lid, and some 15-bean soup mix. They're simmering on the hotplate now and hopefully will be done sometime today. If it's not ready in time for lunch, I will have to go out to pick up a salad and I'd rather not since I don't have my FF dressing here. Plus my head hurts and I don't want to deal with it.

I'll be back tonight.

Vickie
10-23-2006, 07:02 PM
Hey Chicks! Sorry I can't stay. I didn't get any cleaning done. Jim seems to want some company tonight. I'm going to watch TV with him and maybe go to bed early. Then I'll be up early to start cleaning tomorrow while he takes the car in to get our windshield sprayer fixed. Thank goodness it's under warranty.

Have a good evening.

sisvivian
10-23-2006, 08:19 PM
Hi everyone,
hard to get here sometimes, still working the night shift. This is week 5 for me for walking, I have gotten up to 55 minutes. Last week my pedometer logged me at 44 miles, up from 32 miles the week before. I wear it everywhere I go. Last week I cooked up some stuff to get me to me next day off. One meatloaf, chicken pot pie, crustless pumpkin pie, and a pot of chili. I just take coleslaw and fruit and oatmeal to work for now and sometimes microwave popcorn.
Vivian

septembersgoal
10-23-2006, 08:34 PM
Hello gals!!!
I gotta tell you...I'm feeling good today. And I really think it's from exercising this morning. Who knew? You all should have told me that exercising would make me feel good! :rofl:

Angela, you are such a sweetie! I was so glad to see that you had posted. I was thinking about you last night wondering what you were up to. I guess it's time for all of us to get back on board.

Kathy, sorry you have been so busy today. We're so glad that you're back and anxiously awaiting your stories from the weekend.

Vickie, :bravo: on your loss. I know that had to make you feel good. I hope that you and Jim are successfully snuggled in the couch together.

Vivian, way to go on the walking. You do such a great job of cooking. Does your husband still travel a lot?

Sandra, where are you? You better come spend lots of time with us here before you go hightailing it across the country. :D

Rhonda, you party animal. Hope you're having fun!

Paula, I think that is a GREAT idea for a challenge! I'm going to go start it now. You'd never know it now, but I used to be the weekly challenge girl around here. Maybe I'll start it again. :)

I was off course on dinner tonight but not too bad, just Chipotle. I only had that because I went to the grocery store after work. But we should be set for the week! Got lots of yummy stuff, now I just have to go figure out what I bought. :lol: Actually much of it is still sitting in the floor, waiting for me to find a home for it! As well as some PC stuff that I earned for free, just waiting for me to come help it find a home!

Katpo
10-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Doesn't look like this week is going to be chattier! :lol: What is it about this time of year that is so busy!?!?

I finally got home from work around 6:30 and have since taken my bath, emptied and refilled the DW, then got my clothes ready for tomorrow. Now I'm trying to figure out what to eat at work tomorrow since we have no milk and no vegetables. I have packets of grits and plain oatmeal at work so I think breakfast will be okay. Oh and applesauce and SF jello. The beans for today's lunch turned out good and I only ate half, so I have some more for tomorrow. If I get industrious later tonight, I *might* go make some polenta cakes to have with them. Otherwise, it'll be slim pickins until I force Judd to go grocery shopping with me after work tomorrow night. They must have eaten fast food every meal since I left Thursday morning.

Vivian, that walking is impressive! It sounds like you're doing very well!

Vickie, I hope your cleaning gets done! Of course, it's never really done, is it? Sometimes I wonder why we bother, and then I remember that it's because we hate living like pigs! :lol:

Be back tomorrow!

Katpo
10-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Hey, girl! It sounds like you're doing great! And congrats on that exercise!!!

ontarget
10-23-2006, 09:02 PM
hi, chickies. i just got home from w a. had a great workout. i plan to go tues, wed, too, before we leave. i'm looking to get into a class down south. i think i have found one that curtis and i both can attend just a few miles from the ranch.

melissa, good for you, girl gazelling this am. i'm proud of you.

angela and paula, i was content with being a few lbs above goal, too. all of a sudden i was 40+ above. not too content there. be careful. don't let those lbs creep back on your behinds like i did.

rhonda, we have company coming to hot tub, wine and dine on cheese/crackers. i'm ready for this.

woo hoooooooooooooo!!!!! vickie!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations on losing those 2.8 lbs!! that's a great loss. now don't you feel better?

kathy, i hope your day is better now. make those polenta cakes. you'll be glad you did.

hi, vivian. it's good to see you here.

melissa, i got off tonight, too, and had the half sandwich and chips. w a had me weak. now is that a good enough excuse? if not, i'll try to think of another. i'm glad you had a good day. am exercise is good for all of us.

company's coming in a few minutes. i'll see ya'll tomorrow.

Katpo
10-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Polenta cakes are made! I had one little saucepan going with the mixture, and a little skillet heating. I put it straight from the saucepan into the skillet with Pam, and let it cook for a while. Before it was done, I sprinkled Tabasco sauce on it. Then after I took it off the fire, I did a little taste test. Woohoo! It was HOT! I think tomorrow I'll heat up the beans, put the polenta on a plate, and then pour the beans on top and eat it all together. I'm going to need something to take up some of the heat, and the beans aren't all that highly seasoned.

The plan is to stop at the store on the way to work in the morning and get a 1/2 gallon of milk. I'll just leave it in the breakroom fridge and have it all week.

I hear you about not getting comfortable with goal, Sandra. It took me a while to lose these 30 pounds, and in the last few months I've slipped between 139 and 145. It's currently a solid 145 and I'm very unhappy about it. I was SURE I could be 135 by my birthday but I've messed around and not paid attention. There are less than four weeks left and I will be disappointed if I'm at least not solidly in the 130-somethings by then. Even if it's 139.9, it'll count.

Tejas
10-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Hi Everybody:

I did great today UNTIL my dinner out. Well, just never you mind about that :yikes:

I'm so glad tomorrow is another day.

Congratulations Vicki, Vivian and Melissa....hope I didn't leave anybody out who reported a success this week. We're all great in my humble opinion...at least we're here and trying.

party animal (aka Rhonda)

Vickie
10-24-2006, 08:01 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm up at 6:00 with Jim who has stuff to do before he takes the car in at 8:00. I needed to get him to wrap my ankle for me before he leaves. I'm going to surf a tiny bit and then am going to force myself to get started on my cleaning. It really is overdue. Any volunteers to help?

I hope you are all set and ready to go on your Core day whether hard Core or Flore!

I slept ok

Tejas
10-24-2006, 10:22 AM
Good Morning:

I was up early too, catching up on the work I didn't do yesterday when I slept in.

I'm getting ready to do a WATP DVD and then leave for the office. It's going to be tough today because I've got another one of those "cookie" meetings. It takes all I've got not to eat those things. I should change my avatar to the cookie monster!

Good luck everyone...we can do this :cheer:

Rhonda

Katpo
10-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Good morning ... I just wanted to say hi. It's another crazy day at work with huge deadlines looming. I thought I would be able to work on this project over the Christmas shutdown (easier to get lots done when there's nobody here to bug me) but now I hear it's due by mid-December. Since it's at least four months of work to do in less than two, guess who will be working mega OT?

Tejas
10-24-2006, 04:52 PM
Hi:

Just saying "hi." The "cookie meeting" got cancelled and I got to come home early. I'm going to take a nap :yawn: !

Rhonda

Vickie
10-24-2006, 06:13 PM
I've been cleaning all day, Chicks! I can't believe how dirty the house got. I really haven't done more than wipe up since I hurt my ankle at the end of August. Yuck-a-poo!. I only finished 3 room but they are our most lived in. I'm off to try to do the living room and dining room before dinner.

Quiet.....hope you are all well.

Tejas
10-24-2006, 09:08 PM
Very quiet tonight Chickies. Hope everybody is OK.

I had a very low calorie day and have done an (easy) exercise video. I also walked-really strolled- for 30 minutes after work today.

For dinner I made a taco salad without the taco...very tasty :drool:

Good night all,
Rhonda

Vickie
10-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Wow!!! I'm just here for a break. No reading to do...hmmmmm.

Katpo
10-24-2006, 09:52 PM
I flew by after cooking dinner to see what was going on. Nothing. Another hmmm....

septembersgoal
10-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Goodness you all are not very talkative! I guess it's up to me...:D
Actually I'm heading to bed soon. This getting up early and exercising thing is quite tiring (at first I'm hoping). My body also got jarred today by all of the fruits and veggies. :o Tells you how I've been eating! I'm going to work on my menu for tomorrow and then go to bed. I did about 25 mins on the gazelle this am and then we went for about 10 min brisk walk tonight. It's super cold, so we can't walk long. But that was after class so I'm proud to have done anything other than lay on the couch.
I hope that you are all having a great week so far. I'm off to work on what to eat tomorrow!! :D Hugs! :grouphug:

ontarget
10-24-2006, 11:04 PM
hi there, chickies. have we been busy today or what? about 6 pm i told curtis i was going to just go chill out in front of the tv. i had gotten online to download e's while i was making dinner and forgot to take the puter offline, so it was tying up the phone for a long long time. i almost missed a call from rhonda. i am very very glad she's patient and kept trying. we had a great talk. i am sooooooo excited to finally get to meet her in person. i'm also excited to see my cousin again. it's been since about 1999 since i last saw him.

kathy, you still have plenty of time to make your birthday goal. just keep plugging away. those hot polenta cakes sound yummy. so do beans!!

hey, there party animal rhonda. i am so glad you didn't give up tonight. my upper lip was quivering when i thought i'd missed your call. you're 100% correct. we're all doing great--and we're having fun doing it. i did 5 miles on the bike tonight while watching tv. i called the women's club earlier and put my membership on vacation till christmas. i'm going to have to work hard to get in enough exercise. sure hope we can get into w a at the hugueley fitness center. it's close to the ranch.

vickie, i flored today. the best meal i had (i mean tastiest) was core potato soup. i made a huge pot so we'll have plenty to eat while on the road. sounds like you got a lot of exercise cleaning today. i need to run the vac before we leave. well, i need to do a lot of things, but i probably won't. it's taking all my energy to pack.

melissa, i love your commitment. oh boy!! we'll probably be cyber aunts soon. curtis and i put our bods into shock last night drinking wine. we both woke up around 3:30 very sore and achy all over. we're blaming it on the wine. my cousin told me we probably didn't drink enough. he might be right.

can ya'll tell i'm excited? i will get here some time tomorrow, but i don't know if it will be early or not. we're in high gear getting everything ready to head south. life is good.

Tejas
10-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Oh, I get it..."flored" ...that must be flex and core together..whatever it takes ;)

I'm interested to hear that it is cold in Ky, Melissa. It's almost freezing here. And, Froufy had snow this week. Brrrr...at least Sandra will be headed south and me too in less than a month.

I've got to deal with the fact that I will NOT have lost the 20 pounds that I had hoped to lose before our wedding in late November. But, I'm doing fairly well and maybe I'll just dance a llot off between now and then :dance:

Rhonda

septembersgoal
10-25-2006, 08:56 AM
Morning gals! :sunny:
Yes Rhonda, it's very cold--it was 29 when I went to walk the pup this morning! And just think how far you've come with your weight loss. Your wedding day will be wonderful no matter what!
Sandra you are so funny. I love your excitement. 5 miles on the bke? Wow!! :ebike: I'm so impressed! :cp: Are you leaving tomorrow?
Gotta get to work...:comp:

Vickie
10-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm SO sore. Lordy. But thanks Sandra.....I forgot it was exercise. I got plenty and there's more to come. I still have the whole upstairs (3 bedrooms and 2 baths) and the Den and the laundry room downstairs to do. I didn't even do the extra special stuff like baseboards and light covers. That's ok though. I'm just going to keep chipping away at it like my weight loss. No exercise today though. I'll start again on Thursday when it's supposed to be raining here.

Sandra, I am certainly going to miss you. Did I tell you my Sister/BIL gave me there old exercise bike? It's quite nice. They said they weren't using it anymore. I'm looking forward to trying it when my ankle improves.

Melissa, you are inspiring me with your exercise. I'm looking forward to getting back on the exercise train. You will get used to it again as you will to the fruits and veggies. Don't forget to drink alot of water if you are increasing your fiber intake. I find that it's easier for me to exercise every day when I'm physically able. It's better for me than every other day because then I always seem to want to put it off until another day.

Angela, I had made a note to myself to tell you how much your post meant to me and Jim about Cameo. I just found my note this morning and I wanted to be sure that I told you. I hope she did feel loved. I'm sure she did since I told her every time I saw her. I still miss her very much. It was just a week ago yesterday. How are things going with you?

Frouf, where are you? I hope all is well with your ex. Did you ever get the help at work?

Kathy, you never told us about your trip to Chicago. Was it cold enough for you. There is frost on the pumpkins today, that's for sure!

Rhonda, you are going to be a beautiful bride because I can tell that you are beautiful from the inside. Internal beauty always radiates to the outside! I hope you'll post a picture for those of those who won't be there dancing with the party animal!

It's a sunny day here and I'm looking forward to having a long leisurely lunch with our friend. I'm going to go get ready soon because there are a couple of things I'd like to get done before he arrives.

Thank you all so much for all the love and understanding you gave me and Jim regarding Cameo. It touched us to the bottom of our hearts.

I hope you all have a great day. I'll try to pop in later.

Katpo
10-25-2006, 12:33 PM
I stayed home from work today to try and catch my breath and calm down. The overwhelmed feeling just won't go away.

The trip was really good although there wasn't really anything that stands out except for the graduation itself and then Saturday. We made great friends on the train to Chicago, hung around with them all day and exchanged emails, phone numbers, addresses, life stories. Shaun even saw one of them (a girl, of course) on Sunday when they went back into downtown together.

blessedwithsarah
10-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Hi all. Had wi today - I stayed the same. I'm very OK with that considering I've been fighting a bad cold and pulled a muscle in my back. Needless to say I have been very, very inactive and needing comfort food. I did make a core chicken stew yesterday - it came out really good. DH even liked it - he is not someone to try different things.

In our meeting we got a listing of points values for halloween candy - I need to hang this up at home to keep me check. A few treats add up quickly and personally I don't think its worth it. There will be enough candy in our house in the coming week - Sunday is a halloween parade in our town that gives out candy, Monday Sarah has a party at school and then she needs to wear her costume to gymnastics on Tuesday - not sure how that will work out. Then of course trick or treating - this is the first year she really actually gets the idea of this holiday and can't wait to go. Its going to be alot of fun, but I need to stay away from the candy.

Kathy, sorry you are so overwhelmed. You did post that things were not so great before your weekend, is everything getting better? We are here if you need to just vent.

Melissa, you recommittment is inspiring. Now that my back is getting better, I need to get back to walking nightly.

Vickie and Sandra, how are you both doing? I hope you have been able to lift your spirits a bit. I'm thinking about both of you.

Work isn't as crazy as its been - it urks me when work actually cuts into my on line time. You'd think they would understand I need to check in. I tried to log on yesterday from home but was unsuccessful. I guess I need to contact the cable company and get hooked up that way. Yes, I'm one of the few who actually still have dial up from home - not even DSL. OK, before 2007 I need to be in the year 2000 - right? :)

I'm off to post my menu thread. See ya all later.

aghiowa
10-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Hi ladies! I'm gearing myself up for the mass influx of candy that will be pouring into my home over the next week. :eek:

There's a church "Trunk or Treat" thing tonight, where essentially the kids trick or treat around the parking lot, visiting everyone's cars. Then on Halloween, dh's workplace always has trick or treating for the employee's children, and then regular trick or treating right after that. I have 3 children that will be going, so it's just a HUGE load of candy. Usually what I do is after the church event, I go through their candy that night and throw away anything they don't like/I don't want them to have i.e. bubblegum, taffy, etc. That cuts it down by 1/3 or so. Then I take out the candy bars (which they don't really care for much) and give it to dh to take to work for his work trick or treating. :lol: Recycling at it's best. And the other candy bars I put deep in the freezer and save them for Christmas stockings. The remainder of the candy is things I'm not really tempted by...hard candies, suckers, and pixie stix...that kind of thing. So I think I have a good plan, but I just need to stop from sampling as I'm sorting. Why my children need to bring this much candy into my house is really beyond me, but oh well. :rolleyes:

I just took the girls out for flu shots today. I had SUCH a hard time getting them last year, and this year it was a piece of cake. :cheer:

Time to go get dinner ready so we can be in time to the party.

Later,
Angela

Vickie
10-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Hey Chicks! Our friend just left at about 4:00 after getting here at 11:00. Ahhhhhh......the life of retirees.....lunches that last 5 hours!!!! Seriously, we had a very nice time.

Angela, your plan to deal with the Halloween candy sounds great. I never thought that junky candy was worth the points. Maybe you should tell yourself you won't eat any of the dime store candy. Buy yourself a really good quality candy bar and eat that instead and then be done with it. Just a thought.

We don't give out candy at our house. We go to the Niece's and spend it with our Great Niece's and Nephew. It's alot of fun!

Paula, I missed you! I'm feeling a little better. Thanks for asking. I'm still sad when I think about my little Cameo but at least I've stopped dissolving into tears at every memory of her. Ohhhh....definitely get DSL. It's almost as cheap as dialup now. It makes things SO much faster. I'm sure the pages here would load in less than a third of the time as dialup.

Kathy, I hope you're having a tranquil day! It's great that you made some friends in Chicago. I worked downtown for 30 years. There are some great sights to be seen and wonderful places to eat and shop.

Okey dokey...I'm off to hang out with Honey Lamb. We have lots of DVR to catch up on.

ontarget
10-25-2006, 08:15 PM
we've worked all day getting things ready. there's still a lot to do. we may not leave till friday instead of tomorrow.

rhonda, i could tell by doyle's voice last night that he's very much in love with you. now that makes me happy. just do your best and don't worry about losing weight. this is a very very special time in your life. enjoy!

melissa, i may not do any miles tonight. i still have a lot of food prep to do. i'm going to surf some exercises that can be done while riding.

vickie, you're going to enjoy that bike. i was sore, too, after my kitchen floor episode.

kathy, i'm glad you had a good trip. i always say an uneventful trip is a good trip.

paula, curtis and i are all right. we're just taking one day at a time.

i have to go to wi in the am. my doctor is insisting i go every week. i doubt i'll stay for the meeting. there's too much to be done.

angela, don't let that halloween candy bite you. be careful.

i'll be back tomorrow if i can. if not, have a hoot halloween!! :badbat: :witch:

Vickie
10-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Ohhhh....Sandra...we are going to miss you so much. Have a safe trip and please check in when you can.

Froufie....oh Froufie.....

Melissa....oh Melissa.....

where are you?

septembersgoal
10-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Here I am! :wave: It's been a very, very long day. In fact, we're getting ready to go to bed. We're going to watch tv in bed for awhile and then go to sleep early. Our bodies are having trouble adjusting to getting up early and exercising. But it's worth it. I hope! :)

Sandra, I'm going to miss you so much! Send a message or some email or something!! :hug: Have a blast!

Oh good news! DH got a "gig" for Friday night! He's opening at a coffeehouse for another guy that he met. He gets to play an hour concert. He's been trying to break into doing full-length concerts for so long, this is a major thing. One of these days he's going to support me fully with his music, I'm just counting on it! :D

I will catch up with you all tomorrow. I'm so tired!

septembersgoal
10-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Kathy, I meant to ask if you could tell me how to do that shrimp/pasta stuff you love so much. I finally bought some shrimp and I want to do something fun with it. Thanks!
:hug:

Tejas
10-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Whew...long day for me today. I've read all the posts but am too tired to answer....except to say, yep, he loves me bunches!

I won't worry about not having lost as much as I'd like to. He likes to say that he has lost 94 pounds and kept 2 of them off :lol: We all know that one!

Night all,
Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
10-26-2006, 08:59 AM
Good morning everyone. Quiet morning at work, Thursday is the one day I can get into the office a bit earlier - closer to 8 than 9. M/W/F I have to drop Sarah off at preschool which has early drop off at 8. So, its now 8:50 - I've been in the office since 8:05 - gone through all my emails (its amazing how much stuff comes to me since 5:00 last night!), did a memo and organized my day. I have a meeting at 10 and then not again until 1:30. I may sneek out for a walk at noon. Its a beautiful day here - just about 50 degrees and sunny. Wonderful fall day in New England. Saturday is going to be down right ugly - heavy rain all day but it should clear out by Saturday night.

Angela, great plan with the candy. One thought, rather than throwing anything away, what about giving it to a soup kitchen or homeless shelter? My leader yesterday gave us all gallon zip bags with a tag that says "Anthing that does not touch my lips will not affect my hips". She said we should keep this bag out and put into anything we shouldn't be eating. Her husband works for a homeless shelter and is she is planning on collecting the bags next week and have her dh bring them to work. Sounds like a good idea to me, just a thought...

Vickie, I'm glad your feeling better. I don't believe in the saying Time heals, but time does allow us to live with out losses and learn to function daily.

Sandra, good luck on your trip and check in when you can.

Kathy, where are those stories from the weekend you teased us with? I hope things are going well for you. Is work crazy now? We are getting so busy - our sales goal is met for 2006, but it means alot of plans coming in over the next few months and most of them seem ugly ( I work for an investment mangement company and we do retirement plan administration and trustee services).

Rhonda, when is your wedding? I know its coming up soon, I don't think I ever saw when. Don't worry about the 20 pds -- now is the time to enjoy and get ready for your big day. Just think about the weight you have lost and how wonderful you will be on that special day. What does your dress look like?

I'm off to post my menu for the day. I hope its just not me here today:D

Katpo
10-26-2006, 09:02 AM
Melissa, here's what I do. If the shrimp is cooked, it's easier but if it's not, just cook it beforehand. I spray a skillet with Pam and toss it around until it's pink instead of grey. Then I just cook the pasta (usually spaghetti or angel hair), add a can of drained diced tomatoes and the shrimp and let it simmer a bit. If you want broccoli in it, that's when I would add the broccoli and put the lid on so it can steam while the other stuff heats thru. AND you can add a little bit of garlic but lately I haven't been doing that since the last time I overdid it bigtime and tasted garlic for a week.

I jumped up yesterday afternoon and called a new salon to make an appt. for a haircut. Fortunately they had an opening. I won't be going back to the old places after having this. The haircut was $55 but totally worth it. I felt a little less depressed after getting it, but that feeling didn't last long after I came back home and started feeling sad again. I guess I need some professional help.

I'm still in bed and it's 8:00 so I'd better get up and get ready so I won't be TOO late for work. At this rate, I'll get there at 9:30 at the earliest but I really don't care.

Sandra, I'm counting the minutes until you get here! I can't WAIT!!!

Katpo
10-26-2006, 09:04 AM
Paula, I really do have one good story but it requires a flowchart and visual aids so you can understand it! :lol: I'll have to work on it pretty soon. You'll all be shaking your heads and laughing at us.

Vickie
10-26-2006, 10:04 AM
Good Morning Chicks! It's gray and rainy here but that's ok. Sometimes Fall is like that here in the good old Midwest. I'll be at home today but I've got to get back to cleaning. Today I'll be working on the 3 upstairs bedrooms. I have to split my house into 3 parts in order to clean good and to allow for all my breaks! I also get distracted easily.

Paula, I'm glad you're going to have a good day today. You do sound all organized and ready to meet your day head on. Did I ever tell you that my newest Great Niece is named Sarah? She was born on April 20, 2006 and she is our miracle baby. My Niece, who is also one of my best friends and only 11 years younger than me, is her Mother. She was told she could never get pregnant, went through all the fertility stuff including shots, did IVF, and nothing worked. She adopted 2 children and then got pregnant! I'm Sarah's Godmother. Anyway.....everytime I see your user name I think of our own Sarah. We are blessed by all three of the kids but Sarah is the miracle!

Kathy, I hope you feel better soon. I pay $75 for a cut and color. I don't know how much of it is for the haircut but whatever it is, it's worth it. I always feel great after my salon appointment. I'm glad your treating yourself and that it worked.

Ok Chicks! I've got to go do my banking and have breakfast. Then it's time to get to work. I LOVE being retired!

blessedwithsarah
10-26-2006, 11:01 AM
Vickie - Sarah means Princess in hebrew. We didn't know that when we picked it, but it does suit our little girl to a tee. I'm sure your grandneice is a pricess as well - or soon to be princess!

My niece is 4 years younger than me, she is more like my baby sister (I'm the youngest of 7 and her mom is the oldest). I also am a grand-aunt of a 6 year old. Yes, I was a grand aunt when I was 34! But, my sister was a Grandmother at 48. :D

Kathy, I'm intriged -- flow charts and visual aides.. Is it a dirty story:o

Katpo
10-26-2006, 11:03 AM
Vickie, enjoy your cleaning. Sounds like fun ... okay, not really but I know it's one of the necessities of life.

I got their brochure and price guide; color is $60 and highlights (which is what I get) is $90. I'm not so sure I want to pay $145 plus a tip just for freakin' hair!! :lol:

Yikes, a meeting is starting. I have to run! Where is Frouf?

Katpo
10-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Paula, LOL! I just saw your question. No, not dirty. Just the family dynamics of the whole thing (family being the people we met) and how funny it all turned out. It'll take some time to explain and I'm tired in the evenings, busy during the day and sleeping the rest of the time. I'll get it done though.

Tejas
10-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Hi:

It's nice to see the board a little more active...but, where is that Froufy...if you're lurking...get back here....if you're not, then where the heck are you?

The wedding is November 25th...and thanks for the encouragement about not losing all the weight that I wanted to. I'm still trying my mini-goals but seem to be stuck. I know I need more exercise and I got new orthotics yesterday. That just might help with my aching knees and arthritic toes. Aging is really something, but I still believe it's better than the alternative ;)

My dress is by Linda Lundstom, a Canadian designer. It is blue (Wisteria) stretchy lace. There is a long skirt that has a few ribbons hanging straight down here and there. The top is simple, boat-necked, short sleeved, with a camisole. The jacket is tafetta, with hanging lace and ribbons on the chest area, 3/4 length sleeves that turn back and expose lace. It comes down to the top of my hips. Overall the look is modest, but a little "funky" as this particular designer is known for. Best of all, ta da, I got in on a huge sale...four pieces for the usual price of one. That allows more money for champagne and chocolate!

The wedding is all planned and paid for so we're just looking forward to having a good time.

I'm taking the whole day OFF today. That is one of the good parts of my job. Every now and then I can stay home and read (or do nothing!).

It is so much easier to control the calories when staying home. I am so easily swayed by what's around me and here there's not much to eat that is not Core.

Have a good Core day everybody.

Rhonda

ontarget
10-26-2006, 01:07 PM
hi, chickies. i went to wi this am and was down .8 lb. i'm now officially 170.0. i was really hoping to hit the 60's. now my short term goal is to be in the 160's before we cross the texas state line. i'm not sure when i'll go wi next week and i won't have any bath scales with me. i'm going to have to be goooood. i think the key for me other than exercise is to flore. i seem to lose better when eating mainly core foods but counting points. i guess we each have to do what works best for us. don't you?

we're going to be busy today loading everything. i'll try to load the puter last so i can be online more today and tonight. have a good op! day, everyone.

rhonda, i had never heard that one. that doyle is always a hoot!

vickie, i am very impressed (as always) with your cleaning habits. i need to come rub on you to see if they will rub off on me. i love retirement, too. ain't it great!!!

kathy, perk up, girl. go to the doctor if you need to and don't put it off. life's too short to be in a depression. i want you to be happy. i'm looking forward to seeing you.

rhonda, i can't wait to see the dress--and you!!!

gotta go. curtis is calling.

Vickie
10-26-2006, 01:51 PM
Rhonda, your dress sounds stunning and perfectly suited to what I can tell of your personality. I hope you'll share a picture. Jim and I will be married for 15 years on November 10th. Fall is a wonderful time to get married! Hey, you could come over and help me clean if you're bored there!

Sandra, WAY TO GO! You'll be in the 160's soon...I'm sure of it.

Back to cleaning after my lunch break.

Tejas
10-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Hi:

Vickie, I'm so jealous that you're retired...goes for you too Sandra!!! Boy, I can hardly wait.

But, Vickie, I won't be over to help clean. My house may be the smallest one in Toronto, but with two dogs in my life, I seem to be constantly on the move cleaning something. But, not today....today is for resting.

I did enjoy thorougly cleaning two rooms this past weekend. I read somewhere that everything in your house should be either beautiful or functional..otherwise, get rid of it. That's my guide.

The dress really suits me, flatters my shape and the color is perfect. I think that it is just a little too summery, but the taffeta jacket makes it a little more "all season" in my opinion. Besides, blue lace is a classic and we have a great picture of us as teenagers and I'm wearing a blue lace dress that my sweet mother made. I will post a picture after the wedding.

Did everybody read that November 10th is Vickie's anniversary?????? Don't forget!

Sandra, you're gonna make it...!

Froufy, where the heck are you?

Kathy and Paula, I'm enjoying your stories...

I've got to run out and buy dracula capes for our dance party tomorrow.....don't eat that candy...it's old, not Core, not good for you, make you gain weight, rot your teeth...just don't eat it :drill:

Rhonda
Rhonda

Froufy
10-26-2006, 04:43 PM
HI chickie,

Here I am - busy and tired as usual!

Rhonda - your 'dress' sounds lovely - how about adding the black dracula cape? :D:D (www.lindalundstrom.com)

Sandra - I can feel your excitement - hope all goes well with the planning for your trip and I know you will be in touch! No sweat getting into the 160's - we all know you can do it!

Kathy - did you say you bought a hotplate for work? and are cooking there as well?

Angela - love the trunk idea for the kids - I too will have major trouble keeping out of the candy!

Vickie - how is the ankle? Hope you are not overdoing it w/all of that cleaning going on!

As for me - I am not doing well - very stressed and eating all that I shouldn't which has been keeping me away from here - which is obvioulsy NOT A GOOD THING! Need to find some motivation/inspiration very quickly!

The Gala event by the way was AMAZING! (even tho we did not win any awards!). First the briefing (really just all the finalists with lots of red or white wine, and champagne)....then about 5 minutes briefing on the stage - where to stand, walk etc. Then off to another 'reception' - i.e. more drinking. Then dinner guests all seated - in the Grand hall of the Museum - picture 2 escalators descending into a HUGE open area - with about 4 story windows on one side - and stage backed w/totem poles on the other - very magnificent with all the tables set and mood lighting.

We were escorted down the escalators (thank god as many would not be able to walk straight given the amount of drinking that went on!) by a bagpipe band (yes I almost jumped out of my skin when they began playing - very loud). Everyone at the bottom was giving us a standing ovation and clapping for several minutes - so very embarrassing really!

Then escorted onto the stage by uniformed Royal Canadian Mounted Police - more yapping - then the national anthem - and finally allowed to go sit down with the others!

Dinner was excellent - starting with my most favorite smoked salmon as an appetizer - followed by stuffed rock cornish hens in port cherry sauce, potatoes and grilled veggies....yes more wine was flowing at the table.

Then the awards ceremony, some entertainment - and finally back up the escalators to the other reception area for the decadent dessert reception - very impressive display of all kinds of yummy cakes! Yes the frouf over indulged for sure.

Otherwise life goes on - very busy tho - yes Vickie I did get some hired help - but no sooner did she arrive than she left on previously planned leave so she has been away for the past 10 days, back on Monday!

This saturday little ds has hallowe'en party at school - sunday dd needs to go shopping (to spend some of her $$) and then 2 hour dance rehearsal. Tonight is meet the teacher night and while dd dances I get to visit all 4 of her teachers - she is more excited than I am! How shocked they will be when they see me - somewhat frumpy conservative mother of the black w/red stripe in the hair, semi-goth, black eyeliner girl who wears ripped tights, different colored socks and baby bow barettes in her hair! Can't imagine what they will be expecting!

I am gearing up for the 31st which is when I am doing my presentation at a local conference - a bit uptight and have booked time off monday afternoon to practice so I don't talk too long (must find my small battery operated timer that I used when doing my MBA!). Worst thing is we are on at 8:15 am! altho I am the last speaker in the group so probably not until til after 9:30 or so? Hope I am awake and alert by then! ha ha ha :D

Then it's candy time for the kiddies! (just got little ds his ninja costume last night!). Note to self - still need to get pumpkins for carving and the outside decorations located - supposed to rain all weekend so won't put anything out til Monday I guess?

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Later,

Frouf

Tejas
10-26-2006, 07:36 PM
There's Froufy!

Ok, you can't just not write because you aren't eating well. Understood? We're here to help :kickbutt:

The description of the event sounds wonderful. I love that smoked salmon also....and bagpipes...which museum was it?

I'm very likely going to be in Ottawa the first weekend in December. If you'd like to meet, send me an email to this address: rhonda.love@utoronto.ca

I know that we're warned not to put email addresses on the boards, but since the University puts them on the web, I can't see what harm it does. They have a good filter.

I've got those capes now...and the fake blood and long fake red and black eyelashes...if I'm gonna be a vampire
:dracula: I might as well be a vamp! Of course, we don't have the black hair to top the look but I think I'll use gel and fashion our top knots into pointy things down onto our foreheads. This is silly beyond belief but I love Halloween :haphal:

Rhonda

sisvivian
10-26-2006, 07:37 PM
My weigh in was today, I am down 2.6#. I guess all of the walking is having an impact. I walked 95 minutes today, walked to the meeting and back home. This is week # 5 for walking everyday usually between 45-55 minutes. So I am happy to be losing again.
vivian

Katpo
10-26-2006, 08:52 PM
Good golly, Vivian, you're doing GREAT!! That walking is very impressive!!

Rhonda, I hear you on that email issue and am not going to remove your address for that reason. Anyone else, though, who thinks you're going to post your email address here, think again! You don't want every perv on earth emailing you! :lol:

I was able to get home at a mostly decent hour but wasn't interested in cooking, so Judd ordered pizza. It was nearly 90 today and it's really starting to wear me out. Where is my WINTER!!??!!?? :devil:

I'm going to finish my computer time and take my new book upstairs to my yellow room. I have Fannie Flagg's book "Can't Wait to Get to Heaven". I have loved all her other books so far and have high hopes for this one. I also liked "The Devil Wears Prada" a whole lot, so I ordered another book by her today. It is "Everyone Worth Knowing."

See you in the morning!

Tejas
10-26-2006, 09:59 PM
Vivian! Good for you. It's too late for me to take off walking tonight but your pace is inspirational. I've been managing 1/2 hour everyday. I'll see if I can rise to your challenge. With my new orthotics there might just be no stopping me now.

Thanks Froufy for putting Linda Lundstrom's URL up there. My dress is from last Spring so it's not there but at least people can look at her stuff. She's really good and very special to us here in Canuckland.

Rhonda

thanks Kathy. I don't want to make your moderator job too tough...but, the university spreads our contact information everywhere so it's not easy to be cloaked.

Katpo
10-26-2006, 10:29 PM
I don't want to make your moderator job too tough...
No problem. You guys are the most well-behaved group on the entire board!! ;) Seriously!

ontarget
10-26-2006, 11:08 PM
hi, chickies. we're leaving in the morning right after we call the ranch. glitch alert!!!! we called the ranch today and were told there may be no room for us to park. bummer! we're to call and talk with the manager today. we know the folks there and have known them for years. i think the friend who answered the phone today just didn't want to be the one to say--"absolutely no room." she told curtis to call and talk with dorothy tomorrow. hmmmmmmm sure hope dorothy can pull some strings. she told us years ago that they would always have room for us even if they had to park us in a field. but--that was years ago.

i won't be online again till we get to texas. i want to wish all of you a grand weekend.

congratulations to vivian. encouraging words to frouf--we need for you to post here. you're important to all of us. see you soons to rhonda and kathy. vickie, i'm with you about retirement. it's awesome! melissa, podna, keep on what you're doing. you're doing great.

can ya'll tell i'm excited? gotta go now. i'll be back next week.

Tejas
10-27-2006, 08:49 AM
Bye Sandra...Bon Voyage...Vaya con Dios!!!!

Good Morning All:

Have a great Core day...I'm running late...off to Pilates for an hour then back to the grind.

Rhonda

Katpo
10-27-2006, 09:37 AM
Good morning! Sandra, have a safe trip!

I don't feel well today but am determined not to spend the day complaining about it! :lol: I promised my coworker yesterday that I would change my tune and stop being such a whiner. Of course, I didn't say WHEN.

Vickie
10-27-2006, 10:22 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Another grey and rainy day here. That's ok though. My eternal house cleaning continues. I only cleaned one room yesterday. I keep getting distracted by drawers and other silly but necessary stuff. I've always been that way. I leave a room to go get something and then don't get back to what I originally started until hours later. Sigh. I guess there are worse bad habits to have.

Jim just left for a Doctor appointment for his hearing. I'm supposed to be catching up with you guys and eating breakfast. Then back upstairs to clean some more. I'm doing the really heavy duty cleaning for Fall/Holidays. I'll be at it for a while.

I can't work too long though because I have to get showered and ready to go out for dinner to my favorite Core Italian restaurant. I'm not sure what I'm having yet; it might be steak or salmon.

I'm going to go make a menu thread and catch up with you all from last night.

Vickie
10-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Froufie, Froufie, Froufie......when you aren't eating well is exactly when you should come here. I have been struggling for months....well nearly a year. Last fall is when I started to get those horrible cramps 24/7 and couldn't exercise. I haven't lost really any new weight since then. I just keep coming here and hoping to hang onto what I've already lost until I can get losing again. You've had a bad week and you'll get back on the wagon. Don't beat yourself up over eating at a special occasion. Jim has already informed me that our 15th anniversary is a big deal and he wants to have some food celebrations that he wants me to participate in. He told me now so that I can try to plan for it. I'm going to celebrate and then get back on the wagon. You have your gym membership and you have some help at work. Now is the time to refocus on yourself and make yourself a priority instead of everyone else in your life. I'm sorry you didn't win any work awards. You are a winner in my book! The whole event sounded really spectacular. I would love to hear your presentation. I'm guessing you are quite the entertaining Frouf. Good Luck getting back on the wagon. Don't let your struggles keep you away. We really do want to help.

Vivian, you go Girl! You are awesome and inspiring. I hope to be able to walk just 15 minutes again soon. Keep up the great work.

Kathy, I'd love to make more time to read but I never seem to manage. I have two menopause books from the library that I need to try to extend since I haven't even cracked the covers. I hope you start to feel better soon. There is nothing worse than feeling sick for an extended period of time. It just affects everything.

Sandra, I hope you find some room at the Ranch! Do you have a Plan B? I'm really, really, going to miss you. I hope you can check in periodically. Have a very safe trip. I know you are going to have a ball.

Rhonda, I like your house philosophy. I might have to adopt that in my own home. I threw away some really silly stuff yesterday but have to admit that I kept some silly stuff too. Here's a laugh for you. I kept three Pez dispensers with feet. Apparently those are worth more money than the new ones. I used to love orange pez. What a crackpot! I thought maybe the Great Nieces and Nephews could sell them and get a few bucks after I'm gone. They weren't in my way. Have a great time at the party tonight. Make sure you only nibble on Doyle's neck!

Melissa....oh Melissa....

Angela, how's the plan going? I've been thinking about you a lot.

Now for a menu.

Vickie
10-27-2006, 10:42 AM
I forgot to tell you all the great news about my friend, Cindy. She goes into the hospital on November 13 for her pre bone marrow transplant preparations. This, of course, will be a horrible week for her but on November 21st she will have her bone marrow transplant. She and her husband are quite excited for a million reasons. We should know by Thanksgiving if the marrow is rejecting her body or not. All prayers are gratefully accepted for her. She has strong faith and believes she will be cured but extra prayers never hurt.

aghiowa
10-27-2006, 10:58 AM
Vickie, that's great news about Cindy. :)

I'm holding my own against the Halloween candy. I'm not being perfect, but doing way better than I could be. So I count that as a success. :D

I still really need to get serious...I think I'm just enjoying eating freely too much...need to get back on the program, and I'm sure I'll be fine. I always seem to let something derail me, which tells me that I'm just not serious enough yet. At least I'm not gaining now, so while I'm sitting here trying to make up my mind, I'm not losing ground.

Later,
Angela

Vickie
10-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Angela, my friend, you hang in there! I'm so glad to hear that you are holding your own. Life can derail us, can't it?!

Here's the cake that Jim ordered for us to celebrate our 15th anniversary. I'll only be having the tiniest of slices! We've been drooling over it on QVC for over a year now and could never justify the expense. It's the first one in the list. For some reason, I couldn't get a link for the individual item. It's call Special Celebration Cake.

http://tinyurl.com/ydonle

Katpo
10-27-2006, 12:12 PM
I think I'm just enjoying eating freely too much...need to get back on the program, and I'm sure I'll be fine. I always seem to let something derail me, which tells me that I'm just not serious enough yet.
That's how I've been feeling for a while. Apparently I don't want it as badly as I claim, or I'd be working harder. While I'm not regaining, I'm not losing like I could. Why I need to see that magic number is beyond me, but oh well!

Vickie
10-27-2006, 12:36 PM
I think in some cases, it is possible to hit a plateau no matter how hard one is working. This can happen to those who have large amounts of weight to lose. I just read about it in the last issues of both Prevention magazine and the November/December WW magazine.

Now, having said that, I don't mean for it to be an excuse and one should really look at themselves (like Angela/Kathy/Me) to see if there is something they could be doing different. For me currently, I know that until I start to exercise, I'm not going to lose much. I just don't want folks who have hit an honest plateau to throw in the towel.

Vickie
10-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Wow.....how dare you all be out having fun! I just got home from dinner and it was an amazing Core delight. I'm going to try hard not to have anything else to eat. I know I'll at least be having a cup of hot tea with milk. I ended up skipping lunch which is VERY unlike me. I got busy cleaning and forgot.

I'll be back in the morning. I hope you are all on program and doing well.

Katpo
10-27-2006, 09:50 PM
No life here -- I was watching baseball and trying to figure out my Arbonne order. I need $700 for this order so I'm trying to mix and match, add, subtract, make lists, strike things off lists, add more ... and it's driving me crazy! I think I've finally got it so I need to call SIL to let her know.

I think I'll go to bed soon because I'm shooting for getting to work by 6:30 tomorrow morning.

septembersgoal
10-27-2006, 11:39 PM
Here I am!

Sandra, I hope that you have a great trip and get back to us soon!!

Vickie, great job on the cleaning. Think of all of the calories you were burning. That cake looks sinful! But you all deserve it. At least one piece! ;)

Kathy, I'm sorry that you didn't feel well today. I hope that you are relaxing in bed reading a great book. :hug:

Angela, good to hear that you aren't gaining. It's so easy to stay eating however we want once we start. Trust me, I know!!

Rhonda, you'll have to post a picture of the vampires for us!

Aaron had a great concert tonight. But that means we've been gone all evening and I'm tired! I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

Katpo
10-28-2006, 08:15 AM
7:00 on a Saturday morning and here I sit at work. I hope everyone is still sleeping peacefully ... wherever you are.

Some clown brought in donuts this morning. UGH! Thankfully I have my FF cottage cheese and pears. I don't really like donuts all that much since they're usually over-the-top sweet, but why couldn't they bring in something more healthy for the rest of the people? NOBODY needs that crap!

I guess I'd better get with it. Maybe the day will pass quickly. I hope everyone has a great day!

Vickie
10-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm getting ready to clean some more. It will be the story of my life for the next week. I haven't cleaned deeply since before Jim's shoulder surgery at the end of June.

First I have to go make a grocery list for him for this morning so that he can shop for our meals for the next two days. Then I won't be cooking again until next Wednesday. Woo Hoo! Monday is Chipotle and Tuesday is Halloween and dinner at the Niece's house. I cannot wait to see the kids in their costumes. Baby Sarah is going to be Tinkerbell, Ethan is Buzz Lightyear, and Julianna is Ariel/the Little Mermaid. I'm going to try to get some pictures.

Have a great morning. I'll try to come back and catch up as soon as I make my list. I had to come here to print a recipe first.

Tejas
10-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Good Morning (almost Afternoon):

The dance was fun :dance: We almost have the foxtrot down pat. Actually, we still have lots to learn so it was fun to see all those who are more advanced. There were all kinds of people there....from dance competitors to beginners to those who need to go back to beginners.

Our teacher and her husband had invited our class and two other couples came. She told us that she and her husband had not danced before they got together and just did not get it at all the first year. They went right back to beginners, started all over and now they are teachers. Some of their students are now teachers themselves and were there...best dancers on the floor.

I didn't take any pictures, but we were kinda cute for old folks being silly. Black pants, white shirts, black capes lined in red, vampire teeth, fake blood dripping from the corners of our mouths...the whole shootin' match.

I was pretty good....I drank only Perrier water, ate only a bite of pie, caved in to the cream cheesy sweet thingies....but ate only two really tiny pieces. It was amazing how much I WANTED those desserts. This helps me really understand addicts with compassion. What forces they must have to fight every single day!

It's a rainy cool day here...as it was yesterday and last night. This time of year is normally this way....almost every Halloween the little ones have to wear jackets or coats. I just love to see the little kids...enjoyed reading your description Vickie.

I've read all of the posts....what an inspirational group. I remember that last Spring I was sure that I could lose at least one pound a week, if not two. Well, what a lesson. I haven't at all. I'm not diminishing what I have done, but I had NO idea it would be so hard this time around.

I've posted a chart from the newspaper about how much exercise it takes to get rid of fat. We all know that it is a lot! I put it there to remind me NOT to put it in my mouth in the first place.

I hope everyone has a great day. I'm taking my ex's niece and her kids out for lunch and a little shopping. Back later.

Rhonda

L.J.
10-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Hello everyone!! It's been a long time. I hope everyone is doing well. As for me I've had my Ups and downs (on the scale) over these several months, like everyone.
It isn't easy, that is for sure but it is a 'must'. It's a stuggle every day. I still go to my meetings every Saturday even though I am in the WW atmosphere Mon-Friday. I have been going back and forth between both programs some weeks Flex some Core,depending on what's happening at the time, but am gearing more towards Core, as, I am 'one of those' who will grap the pre-package crap-o-la first...cause it's just easier :( not better - just easier, and sometimes easy is just so nice, after a hard days work, and the thought of cooking after a long hard day.....well, need I say more.
Anyway.....I am so looking forward to our big meeting next Saturday to 'hear' all about the perhaps 'new' up and coming things for the programs in 2007.
I've heard some things, but this meeting will solidify or put the cabosh on any thing being said out there :D The one thing our VP told us was, and I hate to say it...but....there are No "core enough' foods.....It's either Core or it isn't :( go figure :D Said our dietitions and nutrietionist spent waayyy to much time on all of this to make sure Core works as it is written...Same for Flex. I'm thinking they know a thing or two :lol: So we'll find out the why's and wherefores next week. It's an all day thing, and should be interesting, and I can't wait. We ALL have waited a LONG time to see what changes there may possibily be.
Well just wanted to stop by, say hello and perhaps get chit chat every so often.

Hope you didn't mind me 'stopping by'...Have a wonderful day!

Vickie
10-28-2006, 12:15 PM
Kathy we watched the final three outs of the World Series too. It was more fun for me to watch now that I know how it feels to be in the World Series and to actually win it. Condolences to the Tiger fans. I REALLY did not want the Cards to win. I'm an American League girl through and through. Too bad that you're at work today. Everyone should have a real weekend. A body needs to rest.

Melissa, I AM burning a lot of calories! If only I were done....:D....I'll be at this at least another week. So cook that Aaron's concert was a hit. How's work for him? I'm inviting my family over on Sunday night to enjoy the cake with us. I think I'll try to freeze any leftovers with the "pulse" feature on my vacuum sealer. I have nothing to lose. How's PC going?

November 9, 10, and 11th will be big eating days for me. I need to be back exercising by then so that I can make up for it. My ankle is getting better a tiny bit every day. Yay!

Rhonda, you and Doyle remind me of me and Jim! I'm sure you aren't old folks at all. We are great fun. I asked Jim if he'd go take ballroom lessons with me and he said no. We watch Dancing with the Stars. I think he's afraid of looking like Master P or that ESPN guy from this year. He rarely tells me no....but this is a NO! I love that you had such a great time and only practice will make your foxtrot better. Waltz, rhumba, and foxtrot were my favorites. It is SO much harder for me too this time since turning 50. I should have done it when I was younger and had still had a metabolism! Oh well....nothing to do but keep plugging away.

Linda, I was just thinking about you the other day. I'm really glad you're well and still at the weight loss game! I feel that we only fail when we give up. It will be great fun to hear about all the new changes. Something to look forward to. I'm praying for cheerios to be on the Core list. I'm WAY tired of shredded wheat and oatmeal :p ! You should stop by any old time. We are all still here struggling along and trying to not let our lives get in the way.

Frouf, how are you feeling today?

Angela, keep on avoiding that candy!

Well, it didn't take too long to catch up. That's good and bad. TOM is looming for me. I'm trying to be as good as I can. I'm always really hungry during my PMS week and of course I'm also dying for chocolate. I can resist...I can resist....I can resist.

Katpo
10-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Vickie, I agree. I'm also an American League girl ... but I guess we can throw them a bone every few years. :lol:

I will definitely be out of here by 1:00 because I promised Erin I'd go pick up some jeans that she was having altered. She doesn't get off work til 3 and the place closes at 3. Her schedule (pharmacy) isn't as flexible as mine, because this is a regular work day for her. I'm working from 9-2 tomorrow too so that'll let me catch up even more. I like it when it's quiet here.

Linda, it's good to see you! I'm also curious to see if there will be many changes to the plan. I know a lot of people would like to see FF cream cheese and half-and-half added, and the Cheerios (me too, Vickie!), and maybe JUST MAYBE flavored FF yogurts. Whoever decided that yogurt was a trigger food was crazy! Oh, and light beer. Do you suppose they could include it, just for me?

:rofl:

But seriously, you should come back more often! When our "regulars" wander off and get lost, we miss you guys!

Vickie
10-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Here I am on a break. It's 3:20 and I'm just having lunch. I guess dinner will be late tonight. I didn't want to be doing heavy duty cleaning with a full tummy. Crawling around on the floor cleaning floor and toilets is a bad, bad job. I'd almost rather be at work. ;)

Kathy, you're a good Mom...but you already know that, don't you? Ohhhh...I forgot about FF cream cheese and half and half. I'm guessing those are abuse potential.

Linda, I forgot to mention that I agree with you/WW that the Core-enough items are not ok. I wish I didn't ever say something was Core enough, but I do. I have two items that I consider Core enough...well three. My Chipotle pinto beans are cooked with some bacon but there isn't ever any bacon in site. My FF Honey Dijon dressing and my chili sauce (used in my homemade thousand island) both used to be called Core and then got removed. They are the only salad dressings I like beside balsamic vinagrette. Well, I guess it's 4 because I also consider the smart balance light as my healthy oil if I haven't had any other olive oil or canola in a day. It's literally the best I can be. It was working fine for me when I could exercise. I guess that's what is important.

My break is nearly over. I think I'll go have a shower.

What's up with everyone else for the weekend?

Vickie
10-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Rhonda, I don't see the chart that you mentioned.

Katpo
10-28-2006, 04:55 PM
I think she posted it on her fridge or something. At least, that's how I read it.

Home now and FIL is here. BIL in Colorado Springs bought a new car ... okay, wait. FIL bought the car and took it to him, then brought his truck back. Now they're trying to sell the truck (new, but not 4WD which is needed in Colorado) so he brought it over to let Judd take pictures of it.

MIL/FIL are just about to make me crazy. They want us to go to Kentucky for Thanksgiving. They are paying for airline tickets, and we are saying NO. I know Judd would like to go see his grandma, as well as the aunt and uncle who have cancer, but it's just not possible. And besides that, we will be with them for Christmas. How unfair would it be for me to spend Thanksgiving AND Christmas with them and not spend either with my parents? PLUS, what about Erin and Kate? Do they expect me to leave Erin a fresh loaf of bread and some deli turkey? And they just don't understand. FIL asked Judd, who said no. Then MIL called me and started all over with the questions. I nearly had to be snippy.

FIL and Judd want to get some lunch. I'll be back in a bit.

Tejas
10-28-2006, 05:28 PM
NO, Kathy! You can NOT go to Ky for Thanksgiving. You have to come to my wedding. I won't have it any other way! :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

The chart is from the newspaper. Here is what it says:

1000 calories: 1 hour of moderate bicycle riding; 4 hours of moderate yard work; 3 hours of moderate walking; 1 hour of moderate running.

Then it shows how easy it is to eat 1000 calories: spaghetti and meat balls, bread and wine; hamburger, fries and coke; fried chicken breast and thigh with biscuit and cole slaw.

It's just a reminder, as I said, don't eat it in the first place because it is hard to work off.

That said, I'm headed out to a friend's house for dinner. I'll be moderate but I doubt that she is cooking Core.

Rhonda

ps Vickie: ah yes the waltz and the rhumba...we have a lot of work to do!! I LOVE the rhumba and who can't see themselves swirling around the floor to the waltz???

Katpo
10-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Oh, don't you worry! I will be there! We have put our foot (feet) down and are not going. They really need to leave us alone though. At least FIL didn't mention it while he was over here earlier.

Off to dinner now ... FIL wanted to go back home so it's just the two of us. I can't decide but am hungry. (Not a good thing ... this could be dangerous.)

Vickie
10-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Kathy, come on over for some Core sloppy joes and oven fries. I could even let you in since the house is clean! Well, almost all clean.....

Vickie
10-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Ooops....forgot you don't eat meat. Boy that would be an impossible challenge in this house.

Vickie
10-28-2006, 07:28 PM
Kathy, I'll never understand why relatives pull in both directions. Jim has no family so we pretty much spend holidays with my family. It sure does make things easier. That and not having kids.

Hey, no Paula, Frouf, or Melissa today. It's Saturday girls. What's up?

Back to my dinner preparations. Time to turn over the oven fires. Life is Good.

I already miss Sandra.

Vickie
10-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Rhonda, you're right. It's really much better not to put it into our mouths in the first place. You have a great evening with your friend. I've learned with Cindy that we must appreciate every day we have. Life is way too short.

Kathy, you have a great dinner too. Enjoy each other.

Katpo
10-28-2006, 08:46 PM
We have started back with a little meat a few times a week. It was a nice dinner, and we both decided we should get back on the horse tomorrow. I need to lose my 7 (was 142 this morning but I'm not changing the ticker until Monday) by the birthday so that I can at least eat some cake, and then we'll behave until Christmas when all the family is here.

I think I will make a cake like the one you posted for your anniversary. I have recipes for white sponge cake, Bavarian cream, raspberry puree, and butter cream icing ... have the cake leveler and all tips. Since I've done cake decorating in the past, I pretty much know all the secrets to making a filled cake. We're still deciding on whether we will have a party here or go somewhere.

Vickie
10-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Is there nothing that you can't do? Sheesh. I'd not dream of making a cake like that. My specialty is Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting from scratch...even the cake. I haven't made it in a million years. I'm really craving great desserts this last week. I was really tempted to make my chocolate chip pecan cookies but I knew I'd eat them all with Jim right at my elbow. Not good for either one of us.

septembersgoal
10-28-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm here! I've just been busy today. Been cleaning the house and working on a paper for school.
We're headed to bed now. It's going to be a long day tomorrow. Church and then I have a show tomorrow night. Plus I need to do more school work.
:p

Kathy, I forgot to say thanks for posting your shrimp pasta recipe. I am going to try it, maybe this week.

Night girls. I hope I'll be back tomorrow.