UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 10-20-2006, 03:10 PM   #1  

Default Newbie here on Xenical

Hi everyone, I am new to this site although now new to dieting. Having done everything from WW to Atkins I have just got my prescription from my GP for Xenical. A few years ago I did really well on low carb and lost 3 stone in weight. I managed to keep it off for 5 years and then it started creeping back on slowly but surely. I tried again this year but found it gave me really bad indigestion and the constipation was awful so had to come off it.

So now I am starting the Xenical and I wondered if anyone else was taking it and what their experiences are. Thanks for your time.

Blessings
Liz
Lizzytish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:11 PM   #2  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Talking

Hey lizzytish

I am taking Xenical too i have been on it for nearly 2 months now and i have found it very good although at the begining the oil was hard to cope with (if you know what i mean) , check out www.xenicalmap.co.uk as its a good place to get the facts and figures of xenical from and also you can ring them and get some free stuff , i havent yet lol but another lady from here Kalijack has and she got a Free tape measure , and a notebook ( i think that was it) and the nurses call u regular to give u encourangment.

I am sorry to hear about your weight creeping back on i know what that is i lost 2 stone in july/august 2004 with WW and by july 05 id put it all back on and then it went up more than it had ever been

I wish you lots of luck and keep in touch and let us know how u go.

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 284/284/154

Height: 5.6

Smile

hiya lizzy
i just joined this site a few days ago and the ppl on here are really nice
i wish u well with ur weight loss
homebloom
homebloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Hi Liz

I'm also taking Xenical, I've been taking it for 3 weeks tomorrow and by my scales I've lost about 6lb, I've got my first weigh in at my Drs on Tuesday so will know my 'official' weight loss then. I've had no problems with it whatsoever, I haven't sufferered any oily leakage at all which I'm made up about as I was dreading it. If it continues to carry on as it has been I'll be very happy
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 12st7lbs/10st

Height: 5ft 5ins

Hi
I'm new to this site too. A year or so ago, my doctor said she would put me on Xenical if I could lose half a stone. I did lose the weight but then I read up on Xenical and thought I couldn't deal with it. However, I am going to have a go with it if she will let me. My problem is that I can lose 7-8lbs quite easily, then nothing else comes off so I let it all slip back on. Perhaps the Xenical will help me get over this hurdle.
Good luck
Jools
chuckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 111/95/90 (kg)

Height: 5ft 6in

Hi
Ive been on Xenical for about 6 weeks now and lost 12kg (although Ive had a bad weekend and put some on but i wont count it until weigh in day on thursday lol)
Chuckleberry - as long as you dont eat more than 30g of fat a day you shouldnt have any side effects from the tablets. I was a bit worried about that at first too. Im mainly taking it as a motivation for staying on track
kalijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:59 AM   #7  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Hey Chuckle (jools)

Kali is right unless you go over a certain amount you wont have that problem , for some reason ive had problem with the oil from day one , althought i made furthur amendments to my diet and i only have it on the odd occasions now , but i suffer from IBS too so i think its a combination of the 2 things.

Good luck with the Xenical when u get it , as i think it defintly makes an improvment and keeps the weight moving.

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:40 AM   #8  

Hi everyone and thanks for the replies. Well been taking it for a few weeks now and so far so good. Had a couple of oily 'tango' moments but nothing like I have read some people seemed to get on here. So far I have lost 5lbs which I consider to be not very much over a 5 week period as I expected to have a really good weight loss in the first couple of weeks.

I think my main problem maybe that I am eating alot of carbs to help make me feel fuller with reducing the amount of fat and my body isn't used to it. Maybe I will experiment with the idea of low fat/low carb and see if I get a better loss with that.

Well I will keep you posted as to how its all going. Keep up the great work everyone and take care.

Liz xx
Lizzytish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Good to hear you're still going on with it Liz, stick with it and you'll get there. Are you drinking plenty of water? From what I've read the more water you drink the better the tablet works.
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote