Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-20-2006, 09:31 AM   #1  

Default other stress busting habits?

So I've decided I'm not going to use overeating as a way to make myself feel better about anything.
But I think I've worsened another problem (one I already had, but it seems worse as a way to compensate), and it seems that I'm spending more money on things I don't need. It's on small things, because after all, I don't have much money to start with. But when I think about it, this smallish spending can really add up. It sickens me to think about the money I could have right now to deal with unexpected expenses, and I just don't have it! It's causing me more stress. I'm not in any trouble, but I'm feeling cornered and stretched too tightly. I can't stop buying instant gratification items such as cosmetic and personal care items. I certainly have enough to last me a long time by now! Am I alone in this? Maybe I should start visiting my library even more. I know, I know...exercise is a stress buster LOL but is there anything else I can do? It's like when I get out of work, I just want to hit those Targets, drugstores and Walmarts. LOL HELP!
lipidful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:53 AM   #2  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

haha.. I squirm on my days off to not shop ( going today to get those size 5/6 jeans lmao) but anyways.. I get off so late everything is closed.. that helps me. What I do instead of eatting out of boredom or stress is... I clean, I work out, pedicure and manicure myself, new things to do with my hair, myspace, 3FC. and if I run out of things to do.. if I must.. I will get a cucumber.. hardley any calories, and they are crunchy! Crunchy is my thing
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:02 AM   #3  

I totally understand what you're saying. My overeating is an Addiction. I over-eat, over-spend, over-talk, over-alot of other things. It's a stressful, vicious cycle. However, I've started facing my eating like the addiction that it is and I'm taking it one step at a time, one day at a time. Which has made that much less stress overall. I find I'm even spending money less!
Kathrynn is offline   Reply With Quote