Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-20-2006, 09:11 AM   #1  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Unhappy I've had a bad week, but I don't know why...

I've had a pretty crummy week (food-wise) but I'm not sure why. I don't know what happened. I lost 4lbs last week... you would have thought that would have motivated me, but it didn't. On Monday, I went to Golden Correl (by myself) for lunch and had 2 pieces of fried chicken, some popcorn chicken, mac & cheese, and a roll w/ butter!!! Then, ... oh wait... before that even, I had 3 chocolate chip cookies, at my mom's house! Then on Wednesday night I had my weekly splurge meal (pretending like Monday afternoon didn't happen ). A chicken fried steak meal from KFC w/ mashed potatoes and mac & cheese, and TWO biscuits w/ butter. Then yesterday morning I woke up with a migraine and ended up eating three leftover biscuits for breakfast. At least I used fat free spray instead of real butter. But, I had to get out to go feed my mom and dad's cats (they're on vacation) and ended up stopping at Los Tacos and had two combination nachos (they're like tostadas, but without the lettuce and stuff) and ate them both!

I feel like crap. And I haven't done squat as far as exercise. Monday, I did some deep cleaning on the house, so that's about all of the moving I've done this week. It sucks. I don't know what happened! I was doing so well the past few weeks! I don't want to gain any weight back, but I'm afraid I probably have this week. I guess I'll find out Monday morning when I weigh in.

Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

The good news is that it's only Friday. I've had to pull up my socks this week too ... it just spiralled into YUCK! Make some lists/plans/goals for today (at least) and maybe tomorrow and Sunday. You can salvage almost half of this week!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:16 AM   #3  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Everyone stumbles eventually Tisha, you just got yours out of the way quickly! Now, you've acknowledged (to yourself!) what you did this week, so move on and learn.....plan for better choices in the weeks to come! Keep working at it!!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Tisha? maybe you'd like to join in this thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96307
it's where I'm struggling to catch some structure today.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I know I'm pretty radical, but when I was losing weight I just said "I don't eat fast food anymore" and "I don't eat cookies anymore" and that made it easier for me. Eating something with sugar or something like fried chicken just seemed to trigger something unstoppable for me. I would stop the eating out of control before it began by not eating one of my trigger foods.

I always out of control if I didn't eat ENOUGH. Were you overly restrictive the week before? I usually had my worst binge-y episodes after I had a week where I felt "perfect." My idea of "perfect" meant eating less than 1200 calories and working out an hour every day (not very perfect at all! just made me binge and feel lousy!!)

The most important thing, is not to be discouraged or give up. 1 bad week is not a show stopper, just keep going.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 11:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 259/140/140

Height: 5'6"

And the good news is today is a new day. We all have failures. I have them all the time. If I want a treat here and there I take it, eat it and enjoy it. The bad news is you can not do it every day. My previuos failures have always come from "when I lose this amount of weight I am going to eat this" What makes it different now is I just eat it. This is for life, not just a diet to lose X amount of weight and then start where you left of. Sometimes it takes a long time to lose the weight like this but how long did it take it to get there?
Terrie
gettingsmaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:40 PM   #7  
It's working this time!

Quote:
I always out of control if I didn't eat ENOUGH. Were you overly restrictive the week before? I usually had my worst binge-y episodes after I had a week where I felt "perfect." My idea of "perfect" meant eating less than 1200 calories and working out an hour every day (not very perfect at all! just made me binge and feel lousy!!)
I think that's kind of the problem. I DIDN'T have a "perfect" week the week before, but I still lost, so it's like that little devil inside is telling me that makes it ok to screw up this week too. Ya know? Argh! So frustrating!!!

But, I'm on track so far today. We'll see how tonight and this weekend go. Wish me luck.

Thanks for all your comments, everyone. I am feeling better now.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:55 PM   #8  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

It seems that when I stand on the scale and see a loss.... I feel so good about myself and then I pig out on something I shouldn't... your not alone!

We all have our bad weeks and believe me I have had some horrible ones that lasted a month! but you just pick yourself up and move on. It's not the end of the world, and the scale might not move next week or it might move up, but dont get discouraged, you can do it

good luck!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:06 PM   #9  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Just remember that today is a new day, I have to say to myself after having a bad day: "I lost the battle yesterday, but I will win the battle today and eventually the war!"
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:12 PM   #10  
Fat-be-gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisha___ View Post

I think that's kind of the problem. I DIDN'T have a "perfect" week the week before, but I still lost, so it's like that little devil inside is telling me that makes it ok to screw up this week too. Ya know? Argh! So frustrating!!!

I always tell myself that to justify stuffing my face!!!! But really, you just have to move on and tomorrow is a new day. You're doing great so far. So don't let this hold you back.

Planning helps me so much. So go ahead and take the time to plan out the weekend and attempt to follow your plan to a tee. that's what'll I'll be doing!! Good luck!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:26 AM   #11  
It's working this time!

Talking

Well, I stuck to my guns, stayed at around 1,500 calories and 100oz of water each day this weekend (Fri, Sat, & Sun) and it paid off!

I lost 2 pounds. I just KNEW I'd at least stay the same, if not gain. I'm so happy!