Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chit Chat #217

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chit Chat #217

Sassy_Chick
10-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.

I hope it was okay for me to start this.........:?: :^:

Sassy_Chick
10-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Hi Ladies.

Cristina -- Thanks. I will be emailling :comp: it to you once I "tweak" it a bit more. :write: ;)

Jane -- :hug: to Mary and Happy Bday to your son! :woo:

Tiffany -- no worries, seems like you have a lot going on right now, just pop in whenever you can, we'll be here. Take care. :hug:

Katie -- No worries and your not just a "decorative doily" you are a Jaded Laded and we aren't just for decoration! lol........:hug:

As for me my back is hurting badly again. :stars: I think its due to the weather and all :rain: ........I woke up and my DH had cleaned out the fridge as well as the kitchen so I wouldn't have to do it with my back being sore and all! :love:

:hug:

suetalks
10-18-2006, 10:32 PM
Hiya ladies... We had a warmer day here today. Guess who took advantage of the sunshine and actually got a walk in? Yay!
I didn't get much done around the house. The builder was here fixing a few little things and DH was working in the shop. Mom and I did run to the grocery and the Dollar store, but weren't gone long.
Soooo..not much news from here.

Sassy- Hope your back gets better soon. Nothing worse than a sore back. You have a good hubby if he will clean the fridge....better keep him around! :)

Jane- Hugs to Mary at her diagnosis. I don't know much about rheumatoid, so can't offer anything except best wishes for a GOOD Dr. and good info. I know she is lucky to have you and your DH to help out. Hugs to all!

MaryKate- You are not a doily...more like a vase of roses. Heck, if you are going to be a decoration, pick a good one. :) (Just kidding, of course.)
I DO like doilies...no doilies were injured by my comment. teehee....

Tiffany- We all get busy from time to time. It is just so great to know the JL's will be here when we get back. AND no one will chastize us for being away. One of my favorite things about this group. Not to mention that we are just a wonderful, beautiful, helpful group!!

Cristina- Hey, that housework will always be there....it is never ending. So relax a little. You are doing great, by the way. :hug:

Tomorrow we are meeting DH's sister and brother and their spouses for lunch. Hopefully I can get a walk in at some point. Fri.- A trip to Hobby Lobby..finally.

harkeyvalley
10-19-2006, 01:50 AM
Jane: I'm sorry to hear about Mary. My mother had the same problem and it's very painful. She was able to keep her fingers nimble by crocheting. Sounds like you have a full plate. Happy Birthday to your son. How's the puzzles coming?

Sue: Sounds like you're settling into the new house. You've been so busy that it must be nice to have things slow down some. What would we do without Hobby Lobby?

Cristina: I'm glad you finally heard from Josh. Are you sleeping better? I think we should name you the welcome lady with all the card sending you do. You make me want to get on a stick and get busy with my holiday cards. Do you have a Jeopardy game? It sounds like the perfect gift for someone who is hooked on Jeopardy. I used to watch it but now it's on the same time as the news.

Sassy: I'm sorry to hear about your back. I hope it's not serious. BTW, does your hubby give Refrig. cleaning lessons? I'd like to sign up my husband. LOL

Michelle: You are still in my prayers.

Tiffany:Get well soon. You are in my prayers also.

Katie:I love doilies! I'm a doily person. We should be best friends!LOL I have them on all my tables and dresser. They were all made by me, my mother (gone from my sight but not my heart) and my MIL. If you would like any, I'd be happy to make you some. I chuckled when I saw you compare yourself to a doily. I thought of graceful and elegant. In victorian times, doilies were a displayed to show males that the young woman was talented and creative and would make a good wife. Needlepoint was shown also. You must be a woman of breeding. Feel better?

Marti:Sounds like you are doing well with all the exercise. You are an inspiration to us all. Good Job!

I've hit a plateau on this diet and it has me frustrated. I haven't gone off my eating plan so I figured I'd not stress myself out over it and not make a big deal of it. I was going to post last night. I caught up on all the messages and when I read about Michelle's mom I fell apart. My mother has been gone since 2002. She died on her birthday. I moved my mother to my home in 1996. Shortly afterwards she was diagnosed with Alzheimers. It was a very long 6 years and at times our relationship was strained. She did not know who I was at the end. I watched her fade away as I slept in a chair in her room when her time was near. At 8 am I sang Happy Birthday to her and then she was gone. I miss her terribly and I hadn't realized how much pain and sorrow still resided in me until Michelle's posting. Love your mothers while you can.
Sorry, I have to go because of the tears.
Hugs to you all.

Marti
10-19-2006, 01:55 AM
A quick hello to you all!! :wave:

I've been tired from sitting on my butt all day at work, then come home to make sure I get my walking in. And I'm pretty much done w/anything else!

I did want to stop in and send my prayers and hugs to Michelle. I am so sorry to hear about your mom. You and your family will be in my thoughts during this time!!

Sorry for not being on much, but I need to get myself into a routine and get some time to fit in for computer. 8hrs of staring at a computer makes one not want to see one for days!! But once I do get myself in check, I will post more often.

For now, hugs to you all and I'll be back soon!!

PS. Sassy.....not a problem w/you starting a new thread! I will go close the other one if Jane hasn't already. Thank you!

Sassy_Chick
10-19-2006, 04:40 AM
Thanks everybody for your well wishes with my back. It is still sore, but not nearly as bad as it was lastnight. I'm hoping it will be back to "normal" by the time I go to work tonight. (Thursday). ;)

Sue -- :woohoo: on the sunshine :flow2: and the walk! :running: Have fun on your trip to Hobby Lobby! I just went there myself to get the stockings for the troops! They have EVERYTHING out and a lot of it was 30-50% off! (at least up here!)

Norma -- BIG :hug: Sorry about your plateau and about the memories coming back of losing your mom. :hug: We are here if you need us. And Hmmmmm. Refrigerator cleaning lessons? Hmmmmm that could make some decent money..........lol. Yes my hubby is great, even though at times he does annoy the heck out of me, I guess I'll keep him! lol. ;)

Marti -- I hear ya on sitting in front of a computer, in my case @ work for 10 hours and then you come home and are like UGH great another computer. :p lol. Good job getting your walking in. ;) I need to get off my bum and get something done. I haven't done a thing, except for laundry on my days off! :rolleyes: I just didn't want to push it with my back being so sore.......YW for starting the new thread, glad it was okay! :D

Have a Wonderful Day Everybody!

:hug: and :dust: to all who need them!

FrouFrou
10-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Hello ladies...

Late again getting on here. I swear I need a few more hours in the day. And, I even was up early this morning. Anyway, went grocery shopping and then headed to the scrapbook store. I must say, I had copies of the one page and I was surprised at how close to the "real" page it is. She handed me the first one and I thought it was the original. The only drawback is it cut off about 1/4 of an inch at the bottom which I didn't like. I've never done copies and really didn't plan on it this time but...I've wasted too much paper and now they don't have the same design there and I am not starting over. So...since the page is flimsy I am going to cut the bottom off and glue it to a color background. See what happens with it. She told me to try and remember if I am going to do copies to not do the bottom 1/4 inch of the page. So when I do the second page I will have to remember that, but then it won't match the other. UGH! But it looks good so...yeah.

NORMA...hugs to you sweetie. :hug: :hug: My mom is still with us but she lives in Arkansas and I am here in KS and we don't get to see each other often. Even tried to talk V (dh) into moving there. Of course if he could find a job there paying what he gets here he would do it. Hey, about the cards...I am getting ready to do my Christmas cards! DH and I are getting our Christmas picture taken next week. We didn't do it last year so I thought we should do it this year. Of course, what I need to be doing is Christmas shopping. The last few nights I have been sleeping pretty good but I think it is because I've been exercising and I got up early, lol. Actually, last week, I've been telling myself "Let go, let God" and I've not been worrying as much. It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, seriously. DOn't have the jeopardy game. It comes on at 4:30 before the news so DD and I play against one another, lol. We love games!

SASSY...glad your back is better. You know, I just cleaned my refrigerator out too! Of course I didn't have any bad stuff, just some stuff that has been in there too long. The Hobby Lobby here also had a lot of Christmas stuff 30-50% off. Unfortunately I don't need anything. DH will kill me if I buy anymore Christmas stuff, lol.

SUE...I think that is cool that your mom lives with you. Now when you guys go to Vegas will she go as well? WTG on the walk. :carrot: Ha, I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday! Had to return some stuff and of course I found a few little things I felt I couldn't live without, lol.

MARY KATE...okay, I just didn't want to send something to your son and him not like it or be allergic to it. But then he could always give it to someone else if he didn't want it. I found the perfect card for him! I used the card today and bought the rest of the cameras...now I need to start stuffing!

MARTI...I can understand not wanting to get on the computer after sitting in front of it all day.

MICHELLE...thinking of you and sending lots of hugs your way. :hug: :hug: :hug:

JANE...hope you guys had a fun BD celebration.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Well, I didn't get my exercise done early yesterday but ended up going at a little after 5 p.m. perfect time to go. No one was there and I got home in time to go dinner. Actually felt more energetic going at that time than I do when I go in the morning. But it's not a good time to go usually. And I did get my walk in today. Today was grocery shopping day, then had to go to both scrapbook stores. Was looking for something to add to the kids page but just couldn't find what I was looking for. Not sure what it was but I found some exercise stickers. Anyway, another busy day and it seems my housecleaning and computer time have been suffering. Tomorrow I only go exercise so if I get up early I should get it done tomorrow. Okay, don't want to go on and on. So...

Take care ladies and have a good one! Almost time for Jeopardy, lol! :p

Jane
10-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Hello ladies,

Michelle - my thoughts and prayers are still with you, and I will be glad to hear from you as soon as you're able to be here. :hug:

Sassy - glad your back is better. That was really sweet of your DH to clean out the fridge for you. And like Marti said, no problem about you starting a new thread. Any JL is welcome to do that at 50 or so posts. I would mind going longer, but keeping it at 50 helps the ones who have dial-up.

Mary Kate - awww, you're much more than a doily around here, sweet cheeks! But, wait, let me see..... they're very feminine and bring a sense of cachet to the room, so hey, what's wrong with being a doily? I have one on my dresser, btw. Hope you had a safe trip to see your friend and her father.

Sue - it's rained here off and on all day! Did you have a good lunch with the siblings and their spouses? Have fun at Hobby Lobby tomorrow. I know I would!

Norma - :hug: so sorry you're sad about your mom. That's a pain that never really goes away. I lost mine the day before my birthday in 1984. She died early in the AM, and I got a birthday card in the mail from her later that day, after she passed. I'll never forget that feeling - I couldn't read the card for all the tears. About the plateau, just keep on being OP, and the weight will come off. :yes:

Cristi - wow, I'm so glad the scrapbook pages turned out well in copies. I'll keep that in mind for if I ever need duplicates in the future. Can't wait to see it! I walk the treadmill right before I go for my shower in the evening. That is, when I walk it at all. Come Nov. 1st, that's going to change, though. My foot doc said I can walk every other day, as long as I don't use the incline, and that's what I'm going to do when I begin my new lifestyle.

It has been very hectic around here for some reason. We had a good party for my son, and I loved having everyone over. Mary is scared about her diagnosis, and although I am very upbeat around her, today I cried for the first time about it, while I was at my Body, Mind and Spirit meeting. The disease can be so debilitating, and being the worry-wart I am, it's hard to not think about if she'll be crippled in the future. I know I just have to take it a day at a time.

In the meantime, we're helping Mary more and more with the kids. It's the least I can do. If I'm not able to check in as often, you'll know why, ok?

Have a good one, ladies. :hug:

Michelle
10-20-2006, 12:02 AM
:hug: :hug: :hug: Hi Ladies -- I'm sorry I'm not up to doing personals right now, but I wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate all of you! Your kind words, thoughts and prayers really mean a lot to me. Today we buried my mom and I just cannot understand that she's still gone. I miss her so much, and just wish for one more time of talking, hugging and kissing her. She has suffered for so long with pain, but recently was horrible for her. Having all of your support really means a lot and I love all of you! My avatar is of my younger daughter, my mom and my 92 year old grandma (my mom's mom) when my grandma was here in June. I'm so happy now that we got many nice pictures together. Thank you all again!

Love, Michelle:hug:

Katiecat
10-20-2006, 12:56 AM
Hi ladies...no time for individuals tonight, but wanted to let you know I'll be gone for a few days. I have to go to Vegas -- not for fun, unfortunately. My childhood best friend's dad is very sick with cancer...he is like a foster father to me. I've known their family since I was six; we moved next door to them about a month after my own father died, and I lived with them for my junior and senior year of high school. I haven't seen them (her folks) for almost 20 years and had lost touch with them over the last 10 years or so; just got back in contact with them and found out how very sick Jim is. They just stopped chemo because it isn't helping and he's in a hospice right now, hopefully will be able to go home soon with a hospice nurse visiting daily. Anyway, I'm driving down tomorrow -- will be 9 or 10 hours, and will be staying for a few days, so I'll see you when I get back. He's in a lot of pain, so I'd appreciate it if you would keep him in your prayers, that his pain will ease, and that he'll know his family is there for him.

Thanks for all your kind words, too...hope I didn't offend any doily-lovers here ;) My husband says that to our cat -- she just lays around all the time, pretty much useless, and probably would run away if she saw a mouse. Her only purpose appears to be decorative, so he says to her, "Chloe, you are such a doily..."

jules1216
10-20-2006, 09:05 AM
Boy, you girls have been busy posting away!!

Still apartment searching with DD. She is still in love with the first apartment she saw and has not liked any of the others. She says if she doesn't get the one she wants, she will just move home and rent a storage unit for her stuff and keep looking until she finds one that is like it. That one is small but cute and well maintained, has off street parking and is on a quiet street. The only downsides to moving home are the whole moving things twice once to storage and then to the next apartment when she finds it and he Dad. We all love him but he is VERY controlling and she doesn't want to fight with him. They are both very headstrong.

Well I am off to do the usual Friday stuff, bank, post office, library, groceries etc.....am going to try to make it to the gym too.

Marti
10-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Just a very quick hello this morning. Need to get things done before work. I have my Jhanai this weekend!!

I got all my blood work results back yesterday. I so very need to change my ways. I am like a walking heart attack or stroke waiting to happen!! Everything came back high except my Iron levels and that came back very low. Anemic they say. Still waiting for my pap results........better be normal.

Sheesh.:dizzy:

So time to get my cook of a husband to change his cooking habits and turn his delicious cooking into delicious healthy cooking. And to continue my walking. Good news on that, I managed to lose a total of three pounds since I started walking!!! That problem is finally going in the right direction--down!!

Ok.....must go, sorry no individuals. Many hugs to you all!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Jane
10-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Just a quick pop in with cyberhugs for all of you who need them. Seems like several of us are hurting or upset at this time. :( Life is full of peaks and valleys, isn't it? I guess we couldn't fully appreciate the highs without suffering through the lows. Regardless, I wish you all a path to serenity and wellness. :hug: :hug: :hug:

FrouFrou
10-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Hi Ladies...

Seems like there are a few ladies going through some tough times...lots of hugs and prayers to you ladies. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Jane...I can only imagine how hard it is for Mary. She's lucky though that she has a mother to help her out. :hug: Glad you'll be getting back to your walking soon.

Marti...didn't even know you had gone to the doctors. Glad the results were good except the iron. You reminded me that I need to get in and have my yearly.

Mary Kate...lots of prayers for your friends family. :hug: Have a safe trip down to Vegas.

Michelle...hugs to you sweetie. :hug: :hug: I love your avatar. I'm glad you have the pictures of your mom and your precious memories. It may seem hard right now but one day you will remember her with tears of joy instead of sadness.

Sassy...hope you are having a good day.

Jules...I do hope your DD gets the apartment she wants. But if she doesn't then maybe it was meant for her to move back home to be with her parents for right now. I always believe everything happens for a reason. I never know the reason, but have always felt that way.

Sorry this is short. Was gone most of the day with errands and movie day with DD. And now of course is our time to play Jeopardy. I can't explain it but it is our special time, something we hardly ever miss and no one else can be in the room, lol. Well, excpet for Ernie dog. I will try to get back on later...it depends. V is at work but is sick with a cold and may come home early so I can baby him. He needs it, and he needs to realx, working too hard.

Take care ladies and lots of hugs to you all. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

FrouFrou
10-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Good afternoon, ladies...

Pretty quiet here today... Nuthin much going on. DD and I went to an Antique store this morning. Planned on going to a couple more but geez, we spent 2 1/2 hours in that place. It has thre stories plus a basement. It's cool looking at all that old stuff and reminising. Actually, hardly come across stuff from when I was little but once in a while we do. Anyway, today is a rainy lazy day. Think I will read a book later after I do some laundry. :dunno: Might even clean the bathrooms, woohoo, that sounds like fun. Actually, I need to work on my scrapbook page and get it done and ready to send next week.

Went to see The Grudge 2 yesterday...such a dumb movie. But there were funny parts. I think DD and I have a warped sense of humor...we are the only ones that laughed. I want to see the movie with Clint Eastwood or he directed it or something. Think it is called Five Flags...I don't normally like movies like that but it looks decent. Anywho...won't go on and on about nothing.

Take care and I hope everyone is having a good weekend! See ya :wave:

Jane
10-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Hi ladies,

Cristi - yep, I'm really glad that we live close to Mary, too. So how is Vince today? Hope he's better and that you're babying him. I'd love going through a 3-story antuque shop. We have this huge sprawled out store that is a flee market/antique shop, and I love browsing through it. Sometime I bring home stuff I shouldn't, tee hee. Makes me wish I'd saved some of the toys, etc. from my childhood, or at least the kids'.

Michelle - I love the new avatar! What a great photo. Hope you're feeling a little less bruised today. :hug:

Mary Kate - It's good that you'll get to see Jim now while he can visit with you. Be safe and check in when you get home so we know you're all right, ok?

Julie - yay for your DD knowing what she wants! I don't blame her for not "settling", but yeah, it does suck about having to move the furniture twice. Weekly errands - some days I like going, and other times I wish I had a personal shopper I could call, lol.

Marti - yowza, I think you meant your other tests results were too high when they should've been low, right? Well, at least you know what's what now, and your doc can lead you the right way, but you already know what that is. Like me, it's just a matter of doing it, but we can do it together. My start date is 11/1 - the day after the book comes out. With your 3 pound loss so far, you're on the way! Yay for that!! :cp: Have fun with you DD this weekend.

Sassy - where are you today, sweetie?

Hello to anyone reading this. :wave:

Well, I got a new cell phone (same number, btw) and had NO IDEA it was a big deal until I got home with it. Katie and Mary both are like "MOM that's my dream phone!" It's a pink Motorola Rzrphone. I like how thin it is, and have the DGDs photo downloaded already to the home screen, lol.

Dale's company is transferring him to a town about 25 miles away, and he gets to start Monday. Mary is picking him up at the train station tonight. It will be hard on them until they get a 2nd car, but I'm going to let Mary share my van until they do. Having him home will be a big relief for her.

I've been working on my list of what to take on my Walk to Emmaus. That's next Thursday - Sun. so I'll be gone then.

Have a good weekend, ladies. I better go before you call me blabber fingers, lol.

Michelle
10-21-2006, 09:22 PM
:hug: Hi Ladies...

Cristina...Thank you for your kind words. You are a true sweetheart. It's so great that you and DD can go do things together.:hug:

Jane...Thank you for the nice card I got in the mail today. I cried when I read it, but I appreciated it so much. I know exactly which phone you got, and it's so cute!:hug:

Today has been a very hard day for me, and my DH and I went to the cemetery for awhile. I have a very lost empty feeling inside of me right now that I just cannot explain. I did lose 2 pounds this week so I'm finally down in the 220s, been awhile since that. I hope all of you have a good night.:grouphug:

Jane
10-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Michelle - you're more than welcome, sweetie. :hug: :hug: :hug: Just so you'll know, the empty feeling does lessen quite a bit with time. Since I've lost my mom, too, no explanation is necessary for me. YAY for you losing weight at a time like this. I was always drawn to comfort foods in a crisis, so you're doing great with that. Come here for comfort as often as you can.

Marti
10-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Another quicky ladies! (sorry)

Today was a gorgeous fall day. Jhanai & I went to the VERY over crowded pumpkin patch. But it was still fun. Got in some walking there. We decided to walk to the pumpkins instead of waiting in a line for the hay ride. Hauling a cart to carry the pumpkins in was some exercise too!

Sheesh!!!.......can we say "Out of shape?" :lol:

ok....being hollared at to come join the family.

Hugs to all!!:hug:

suetalks
10-21-2006, 11:20 PM
Beautiful Fall day here. Too bad tomorrow is going to have a drop in temps. Brrr. DH and I went and picked up the lawn mowers this morning. So that is finally done. I cleaned house....so little to clean in a new house though. Just dust bunnies and the like. No heavy scrubbing...yet! It is almost FUN.
I took Baby for a walk around the neighborhood..all 3/10 of a mile. Then we walked through the two wooded lots by us, probably made it a half mile walk. I was feeling so good that I brought her little self home and I hit the streets for another 35 minutes of brisk walking. Felt so good afterwards. I MUST get back to doing that. Can't say I did too well with food, but the exercise was good. I need to shop for fresh veggies and fruit tomorrow. Just nothing real good right now except apples. So apples it will be. I can eat one a day for awhile.

Marti- The punkin patch sounds like fun. It has been many years since I visited one. I know the out of shape feeling...feel it every day here. :)

Jane- The new phone does sound cool. Oh, great news about Dale's job. What a relief that must be for everyone.

Cristina- I also love to browse antique shops. I need to do that one day soon. Our little town has several great antique shops, gift shops and specialty shops. I haven't been browsing all summer...and here it is almost winter.

Michelle- Good to see you pop in. Like Jane says, the feeling of emptiness will lessen with time. Take care of yourself.

Mary Kate- So sorry to hear about your friend. Have a safe trip. (And I had fun joking about the doily..so no offense.) AND I am also a doily person. I actually have an antique wash stand with a runner on top and a very old doily hanging on the towel bar. Beautiful.

Jules- Good luck on the apt. hunt. I know you would like DD to move home, so here's hoping! Whatever happens it will work out for the best I am sure.

Sassy - Where are you chick? Hope all is well!

Hoping for a lazy Sunday tomorrow, but I am sure DH will think of something I need to do. :) He is finishing up a sewing cabinet for DGD so we can give both girls their 16th BD gifts early. DGD's walnut desk looks so pretty in my house I shall hate to give it up. :)

Have a good Sunday Ladies.

Sassy_Chick
10-22-2006, 05:20 AM
Hey Ladies. Here I am. :wave:

Sorry I've been MIA. Just been a bit down and all. :( I'm trying to just pull my way through it though. I have a drs appt on Monday to go over my blood test results (cholestrol, A1C, etc, etc) I'm sure its all very bad........But I may ask my dr while there if I can go back on my anti-depressants as I've been feeling a bit down.........

We found a house we want to go take a look at. They have an open house later on today (Sunday) @ 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. That is a bit "early" for us but we might go drop by, if not we may schedule a time on one of our days off to go and look at it.

Hub is going to apply for another job @ another company. He talked to a guy at work who works there and the guy said he could take in hub's resume. Plus hub already knows a few people over @ that co. already. Might not be much of a pay increase, but it would be more of what hub wants to do.

That is about all the news I have. Yesterday (Sat.) was absolutely gorgeous here and we both didn't want to go into work but we did.............Only one more night and we're off for 3 days again! :woohoo:

Cristina -- I bought some Candy Canes! Our local grocery store (Krogers) had them here and they were in a place I would never think to look either! On top of the frozen food coolers! Luckily my hub is very tall and could reach them! (he's 6'8) lol

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

jules1216
10-22-2006, 09:17 AM
Crisitna--I am one of those things happen for a reason people too. I really hope she gets this apartment but I am not going to be upset if she has to move home for awhile. She has been through alot this past year beginning with the ex leaving and then the divorce. She is finally at a place where she wants to make her plans again which is something she has been doing since she was little. She is ready to slow down and does not need to go full force and try to pretend everything is alright and not stop long enough to think about losing her first love.

Jane--There is a storage unit at her brother's apartment that his landlord says she can rent cheap. He loves my kids. The whole not settling thing is more like my old "Teri"--I am glad to see the spark coming back. She siad at least she has a home she can move back to and will not be on the streets. There are acouple of friends that say the will either let her move in with them and others that say they will move in with her, but she says she wants it on her own.

Michelle--sorry about your Mom.

Katie--have a safe trip I know that your being there will be a blessing for your friend and her Dad.

Marti--Hi there!!

Sue-I do want her here and have wanted her here since the ex left--she was so broken it hurts me seeing her hurt so bad--when she is in denial it's just as bad--I think she is at a good place now--she still misses what they had when they were happy but not him as mich anymore.

Sassy--good luck to hubby--will you apply somewhere else too or stay there without him. DH and I work together too and he has been thinking about leaving--I think I would leave too if he does. There are things I love and things I hate about the job and company we work for. God luck on the Dr's appt and the house.

Well I goota get myself moving there are some things I want to have done in case DD does need to come home--some things can wait until she is definitely coming. I am going to try to hit the gym today too. I have to stay on track with that.

FrouFrou
10-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Hi ladies...

Nothing much going on today. Think I am going to do my Christmas cards and get that out of the way. Of course I probably won't be able to do them all because after so long of writing my wrists start hurting. But I can at least get them started and hopefully get one box done. Don't ask me why I am thinking about Christmas cards except that I had DH take the tub out so I could see what I have and if I needed any. I never need any but buy some anyway, lol. So took them out and thought I might as well get them done. I need to be thinking about Christmas shopping, lol! Anyway...going to cook a pot of chili also...beans are still soaking so.

JANE...that is such great news about Dale. And I know Mary will be relieved that he is closer. Vince is better. When he came home Friday he could barely talk and today is can talk, I guess...he's not home. I swear we hardly see each other anymore, lol. Both him and Jason are working today. Vince's overtime will stop soon though. And he will get four days for Thanksgiving and a week during Christmas and New Years. He needs a rest. Hey, I was just eyeing one of those phones yesterday. I have had just a plain simple phone for the longest time, nothing extra because I only have it in case of an emergency. But I am finally wanting one with a camera so we'll see.

JULES...I'm glad Teri is doing great and at a good place right now. And maybe she will end up at home with you guys. It could be just what she needs right now.

MARTI...I've not been to a pumpkin patch in years! Glad you and Jhanai had a nice time.

SASSY...I forgot that your hubby is so tall! I thought mine was...he's 6' 4 and I feel so short next to him even though I am chunky, lol. I hope he gets the job. And sorry you are feeling bad. :hug:

SUE...WTG on your walking!:carrot: DGD's are lucky to have your hubby making their BD gifts.

MICHELLE...I am glad too that DD and I get our time together. I try to spend time together with all the kids...the boys too. Of course Jason is so busy with school and work lately and Josh is gone of course. But when they are not busy we will do lunch or go shopping, me and Jason...Josh likes to go hunting and to movies, not much of a shopper. But I have gone hunting with him and we had a blast! I know you will always miss your mom, but the pain will ease in time. :hug: :hug:

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Going to go look up some sites for scrapbook stuff. I had bought some stickers Thursday in the little (and I do mean little) scrapbook store here in town and thought I would work on that page. On the back it has the lay-out and what papers to buy and everything. So...went back to the scrapbook store to get the paper and they had totally rearranged things! :dizzy: But no paper...the thing about that place is they don't have much and they don't have a lot of the papers that go with the stickers. So going online to see if I can find them. Now I know why I quit scrapbooking for a while...get too frustrated with it.

Something really stupid...okay, we ordered the t-shirts, there's 28 packages with 3 shirts in a pkg. So Vince is checking the e-mails to keep track of it all, when they will be shipped and all. Well, when they charged our debit card instead of one charge (the total of the order) they charged 28 charges. Now...he checked online to see the status of the order and the order was shipped the 19th and it shows 28 orders. Do you think they are shipping 28 orders thru UPS? The way it shows it that is what they are doing but I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and thinking they are all in one box. Who knows...and the movie I was thinking of yesterday is Directed by Clint Eastwood and called Flags of Our Fathers, duh! I have no clue where I got the Five Flags from, lol. I don't know where my head has been lately. Anyway,,,gotta go. Take care ladies!

Marti
10-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Just wanted to pop in really quick. I should have more time tomorrow for individuals. Jhanai is needing to use the computer for homework.........

Another gorgeous fall day. Plan on carving the pumpkin later.

Best be going.

Hugs to all!:hug:

Jane
10-22-2006, 11:43 PM
Hi ladies, :)

Cristi - do you keep your Christmas cards in some sort of tub, or are you remodeling your bathroom? I do my cards early, too, and all of my shopping, because when Christmas is close, I just want to be able to relax and not stress about anything. The grown kids mainly want gift certificates this year, and although that's easy for me, it's absolutely no fun at all to shop for, lol. Thank goodness for the GDDs! Glad your Vince is better. I've heard of that movie, but haven't seen it. It's been awhile since I've been to the movies, but we do watch them on pay-per-view once every so often. That's not nearly as much fun as the super screen and surround sound at the movies, though.

Marti - glad you've been having fun with Jhanai this weekend. Will you decorate the pumpkins, or carve them?

Julie - glad you have your old daughter back.... well, you know what I mean, lol. You've been doing great at the gym!

Sassy - what'd you think of the house? Yowza, your DH is TALL! My dad was 6' 5", and I thought that was tall. Good idea, talking to your doc about depression. There've been times in my life when I needed something to help me through, and it's amazing what's available now w/no dependency.

Sue - now that I've lived here 6 months, the "new" is beginning to wear off, lol. It's still so much easier to clean than the old house was, of course, but I guess the novelty is wearing off a bit. Actually, I'm feeling the need to rearrange something, lol. It's been chilly here too - today's high was about 50.

A big hello to everyone reading this. :wave:

Today was a typical Sunday. The kids came by, and later Neal and I watched a movie. I fell asleep in my chair during "Going my Way" with Bing Crosby, lol. We both have jigsaw puzzles going on the dining room table, lol, and had to move his to eat dinner. How boring! <yawn> We watched Desperate Housewives, and the new show that follows it - Brothers and Sisters. Sally Fields is in that, and it's really a good drama.

Hope you're having a great weekend. Toodles for now. :hug:

Sassy_Chick
10-23-2006, 05:53 AM
Hi Ladies.

I will do indiv. later. Thanks for all the well wishes. We didn't go and see the house today, we figured we schedule to see it on one of our days off.

Cristina -- I will be sending out the troops stuff later on today (Monday) to ya. ;)

I hope you all are having a great day.

jules1216
10-23-2006, 06:55 PM
It's quiet in here today!! Just wanted to say hi!!

Jane
10-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Hi to Sassy, Julie and all reading this. :wave:

Today was such a quiet, serene day. The weekend was sort of quiet, too, and I could get used to this. :D I have to admit that I spent too large a portion of my day working on the jigsaw puzzle. It's amazing how much time a person can spend on one of those! Neal is bowling this evening, and Katie isn't home from work yet, so it really is quiet around here.

What have you been doing with your day?

mkat321
10-23-2006, 08:22 PM
hey ya'll. sorry I don't have a whole lot of time right now, life's getting crazy again. We had some unexpected medical stuff suck up our reserve cash so we may be without internet for a couple of weeks :( so if I disappear again that's why. Nothing personal.

Hugs and prayers to those who need them. Could use a few if anyone has them to spare. Not really comfortable saying why publicly other than to say we're in some minor financial trouble that will take most of November to clear up and I am going in to the doctor on the 4th to discuss surgery to try and get to the root of my recent medical issues and do some minor remodeling on the inside... More on that later

Sassy_Chick
10-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Hi Ladies.

Well went to the dr today. As I suspected it wasn't good. :( My A1C (checks my blood sugars for 3 months) was extremely high. My cholestrol also went up, not terribly, but still went up. So I have to be really good. My dr wants me to be really good for a month and see what a difference it makes. He wants to see if I can get my sugar and cholestrol levels down naturually. I am on diabetic medication which he increased.

So I got a bunch of books at the 1/2 priced book store to read up on. I also joined the Dieting witih Diabetes and Sugarbusters Threads here to help. I am going to start taking my Fish Oil Pills 3 X's a day (lowers cholestrol). This along with a healthy diet and exercise I can bring down my cholestrol. I have done it before. So I KNOW i can do it. Now I have to also bring down my blood sugars.

So per my dr. NO soda period. Water, water and more water. Which is fine I do love water, the hardest part will be when I'm working. But I can do this I know I can do it. I am just looking at one month for now. If I can do this for one whole month, then I know I can do this forever! I mean after I get my BS (Blood Sugar) down and cholestrol down and lose weight, then I think I would then be able to be more flexible and have an occasional goodie.

Hub and I figure that for ONE meal a week we can "splurge" so we aren't going insane. I think that would be okay, one MEAL a week? AS long as we don't go totally nutso. lol.

So its back to the Y and exercising. My dr wants me to walk in the pool so that my joints don't suffer and that I'm not in excruciating pain. So now I have to find a bathing suit that I don't have to quit breathing in to fit into. :(

Well that is about all. Tomorrow is the gyn. :woohoo: what a way to spend my time off! lmao.

Oh P.S.........I am also back on my anti-depressant.

I hope you all are doing well.

mkat321
10-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Hey sassy, I have to say the best bathing suit I ever got was from the Bahama Mama store at the mall, it fit and held stuff in and accentuated my limited good features and all that. Bad part was, it was nearly $100 egads. but that was pre kids 2 & 3 so I had the $ to spare at that point. If I still had that kind of money I'd get this Tribal Swimsuit With Skirting (http://www.swimsuitsjustforus.com/3602011.html) In fact, this Two Piece Beauty (http://www.swimsuitsjustforus.com/1018624.html) is what I'm ordering for our christmas vacation {we're going to a hotel for 4 days 3 nights instead of gifts}

suetalks
10-23-2006, 10:33 PM
I have had the same slow days as some of the rest of you. It is just so darn dreary and cold...don't want to do much. I did strip beds and do all the laundry today. Also swept the garage and cleaned out my car. We took a brief jaunt out of the house to go for breakfast, but have been home ever since.
One good thing...I didn't cook today, we ate leftovers. :)

Sassy- I haven't bought a swimsuit in years.... It sounds like you have a good plan and I am sure you can get the BS down. We all know we need more of that "E" word..I wonder why it is so hard for us to do it? I do think that if you have one splurge meal a week it can keep you sane. :) Good luck!

Jane- Mom and I are starting a jigsaw puzzle tomorrow. DH will be gone for 9 days so we will use the table. :) I need to get the bar stools so we will have somewhere to sit for meals.

Judith- Hugs and prayers to you for the troubles you are going through. I hope the medical problems are not serious. We are here for you.

Jules, Marti- Hello...stop back when you have time.

Cristina- I hope the shirts come in one package, not 28. Good luck with the scrapbooking...I haven't tried much of that yet, although I bought some goodies to get started and never did. Imagine, daunted by scrapbooking.....:?: I also want to try making cards...haven't done that yet. I am full of good intentions.

Well, I did weigh in today and I am TAH-DAH......the same. That is as good as a loss again. I have only walked a few days and haven't eaten like I should.
Hope the rest of you are doing better.

Sassy_Chick
10-24-2006, 12:33 AM
Judith - :hug: to you and I hope your medical problems are not too serious. :hug: Thanks for the links of the swimsuits! I need all the help I can get! ;)

Sue -- Thanks. I know I can do this and now I HAVE to do it. I think in a way it is a good thing because I know if I don't do it I have to answer to my dr next month.:o

I was also going to let you all know that tomorrow on Oprah she is doing a show about WLS and "The things you do not hear about". I thought it may be interesting to watch. ;)

Have a Great night, stay warm!!!!!!!

mkat321
10-24-2006, 12:38 AM
oprah? is this another bob green expose of his greatest tricks or what? I heard on her 'road trip finale show' {there was nada on, and we have 50 odd channels} that she's reached her goal weight. Sadly my first thought was 'about darn time' then I remembered that I've gained and lost the same 50 pounds and a few of their friends about a dozen times in the last four years..

suetalks
10-24-2006, 08:38 AM
I will tune into Oprah..they said something about a celebrity guest who had WL surgery. I did see that she was able to get rid of her trainer since she reached her goal. Hey, Oprah, send him my way....I need inspiration. (you pay for him, of course) :)
I tok DH to the airport this a.m. Not my favorite trip, downtown Indy during rush hour. Ugh. I had sweaty palms the whole time. You have to realize that we live in the boondocks compared to city folks. I was proud of myself, but I sure would not drive that to work every day. He comes back at night..thank goodness.
Nothing planned for today, but I am up and at 'em and have been since 5 a.m. Soooo, a nap might be on the agenda later. :)

Michelle
10-24-2006, 12:15 PM
It's very dark and gloomy here today, and I just cannot get this lonely empty feeling out of me. There have been other deaths I have experienced, but this was so suddent with no warning, and there's nothing like a mother. I just feel so down and I told my husband that I don't want the days to end and I don't feel like getting up in the morning, just sad all the time. Sorry to be such a downer, just having a very difficult time right now.:cry:

mkat321
10-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Sue- I will soon be making the boonies to Indy commute every day and having done it before, I hate it with a passion. Especially considering the bulk of my drive will be on 70 East and 465 North during AM drive time and reveresed during PM drive time. :(

It's actually quite nice here today. 40 degrees but it feels warmer in the sunshine. We just took a 4.5 mile {round trip} walk with the baby and the dog and enjoyed it very much. I even got too warm and had to take off the sweatshirt I was wearing {over a racer back tank w/ built-in and a t-shirt of course, no streaking for me}

Small NSV on our walk. There is a hill going alongside our high school that has been leaving me winded for years except during the rare times I've managed to control my weight instead of the other way 'round. We walked up it just now, with me pushing the stroller, and I barely noticed. There's a similar hill on our street and I was able to have a phone conversation, control the dog {puppy power isn't just for scrappy doo} and walk without the other parties asking what was wrong, or having any trouble!

Jane
10-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Hi ladies,

Judith - ugh! I know what you mean about I-70 and 465 around Indy. The traffic goes so fast, it scares me. A traffic jam around here where I live is 3 cars stuck behind a tractor, lol. A big YAY for you for your NSV. :cp:

Sassy - Since you asked, I'm thinking it would be better for you to include small amounts of your favorite foods into your weekly menus rather than splurge one meal. Portion control is key, and if you learn that, you're home free. :) Yowza, I need to go see my gynie, too, but haven't even made an appointment.

Sue - when Katie moves, one thing we're going to do with her room is put a puzzle/craft table in there. And I'm moving the treadmill and a TV in there, too. We've been eating at the bar, or in the LR while the table is full of puzzles, lol. Normally we always eat at the table.

Michelle - you're right, there's nobody like a mom. I still hold my girls and rock them when they will let me, when I know they need it. Katie gives me some resistance on this, but ever since Mary had kids, she lets me hold her. She said she doesn't ever want her DDs to stop letting her hold them. My son is too big, and would never go for it, lol. I'd love for my mom to be able to rock me!

I went shopping and had lunch with Katie and Caylin today. Caylin, who generally does not like to shop, was a complete angel. She was ready to see her mom once we got back home, though.

Neal leaves for Indy in the AM. And before he gets back, I'll be leaving for 4 days. I've never been apart from him longer than 3 days, so this will be weird. I'm not allowed to take a cell phone (or watch) with me, so we can't talk while I'm gone. His ears will get a good rest, lol.

Have a good one, ladies. :hug:

Michelle
10-24-2006, 05:36 PM
JANE...Thank you for your words of kindness and understanding. I know I had some very hard and stressful times with my mom in the past months, but I try to think of the good times, before her mind got so bad. Just a couple months ago, she was diagnosed with Dimentia sp?, which explained to us how she was getting so much more confused and outbursts with her expressions. Where are you going that you can't take a cell phone or watch with you?:hug:

Hello to everyone else and I hope your day is going good!:hug:

Jane
10-24-2006, 05:46 PM
Michelle - As moms, we focus on the good things that happened with our children, and I'm sure that's what your mom did, too. Any unpleasantness that might have crossed between the two of you wouldn't been greatly overshadowed by the positive things. :yes: So please, don't waste another moment wondering if you could have done anything better. She saw the good in you, and in her heart, that's all there ever was. :hug:

I'm going to a religious retreat called A Walk to Emmaus. Everyone who's been will tell you it's Awesome, but won't tell you what goes on. :shrug: Since my best church buddy went last Spring, and highly recommended it to me, I thought it's time I do this. I've been thinking about it for years.

mkat321
10-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Jane, is this it? http://www.upperroom.org/emmaus/whatis/

suetalks
10-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Judith- Exactlly....I70 East to the airport. Didn't take 465, thank goodness. Are you starting a job in Indy? Or doctoring there? We must live close-by each other. I get on I 70 at Greenfield.
I also take Mom to a Dr. at St. Vincent's and dis-like the Castleton area at any time. Have found an alternate route which works better for me.
I think the key to any big city driving is to map out a smart route....if there is one. :)

Jane- I hear you with the 3 cars stuck behind a tractor. That is what I grew up with in this area, but we are growing some now. Heck...we have a McD's, Burger King, Hardee's, BK, DQ AND a Subway. Growing up we had just mom and pop cafe's.

Michelle- Hugs to you...

I got a walk...and a nap today. We started on a Kincaid puzzle...it is round and HARD. Tomorrow is a trip to the Mall. Lots of walking there...I hope.

harkeyvalley
10-24-2006, 11:39 PM
Jane:Good luck on your walk. I've been keeping Mary in my prayers, I hope she is doing well. I love doing puzzles and I need to dig out the boxes and set up the card table. It's nice to have one going all the time during the winter. It's been cold here too. We cleaned out the fireplace and have it ready to lite but will probably wait until the weekend.

Michelle:Your mother is always with you, as long as you keep her in your heart. Just remember she is in a better place and feels no pain. My mother lingered for 8 months, dying slowly more every day. Her mind tortured with Alzheimer's disease. I wish she had died like my father, suddenly and without pain. It hurt me both times but I know my father didn't suffer like my mother did.

Marti:Did you get your pumpkin carved? I heard that there is a pumpkin patch near here. It sounds like fun. I may have to find out where it is and just go. I bought two small sugar pumpkins at the grocery store so that I could make fresh pumpkin pies and bread but they are not good carvers.

Cristina:Aren't you the organized one. I do my cards early, but you beat me hands down. I always have cards left each year but I hate sending them out the next year so I keep building my stash. How do you have the time to do all that you are doing? Are you one of those people who get by on only 4 hours sleep each night?

Jules:I hope your daughter moves back home. I love having my kids home, especially for the holidays.

Sue:WTG on the walking. Living in the country beats living in the city anytime. Do you have alot of trees that have changing leaves or do you have pines?

Hello to anyone I missed. I've been gone and need to catch up on everyone.

My sweetie had to take some days off from work because he can't carry over vacation days from year to year. He is already taking a week off at Christmas, a week off at Thanksgiving and he had 5 days still on the books he had to use up so he took off 2 days and added them to the weekend. We have been busy redoing our laundry/utility room. It's 22 ft long and almost 8 feet wide. We have a backup kitchen with stove, refrig. & sinks, counters and cabinets, freezer and washer and dryer. It always been so drab. We have been painting, building new shelves and decorating. I am so sore from painting and going up and down a ladder for 4 days. It was nice having him home.

My son will be coming back to the states on Nov 4 to Georgia for 3 months and we also want to have a room ready for him just in case he can spend some of the holidays with us.

I hope you all have a super week.

Norma

Jane
10-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Hi ladies,

Judith - yep, that's it. I have the one for my area bookmarked, and it's equally vague as to what the itinerary is. But, as I mentioned, anyone who has gone says it's awesome.

Sue - if you're like me, you'd much rather have the mom and pop cafes back, and say goodbye to the cookie-cutter franchises. Both of Neal's Kincaid puzzles are round. He did one so far and it gave him trouble, lol. The other one, an outdoor residential Christmas scene, we plan to do together.

Norma - Good to see you here - glad you're better. Tell Tiffany to git her bunz back in here, too, lol. I hope you get to visit with your son plenty while he is home. There's something about doing jigsaw puzzles in the winter that somehow warms the heart, isn't there? I like to see a puzzle table set up in front of a window, with snow falling. Are you and your sweetie doing anything special on his time off?

A big hello to everyone reading this. :wave:

Neal left for Indy a little while ago, and I won't see him until I get back Sunday night. We've never been apart that long before, and I don't think I like it. :( Especially since he can't call me where I'm going. Anyway, I've got so much to do before I leave - last minute stuff. So I want to say Toodles now, and you gals all behave yourselves. tee hee. I'll chat at ya Monday. Big hugs to you all. :hug: :hug: :hug:

mkat321
10-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Jane- sounds like we live on opposite ends. :) I get on at Cloverdale. I'll have to get entirely too close to the castleton/north indy mess when I start school, I'm going to PCI. My oldest was in occupational, physical and speech therapies at St. Vincent Pediatric Rehab for 3 years and my ex worked at 96th & Michigan road for most of that time so I know the area and it's long list of issues all too well.

I'm doing well so far. I found a new snack I'm in love with even though it's a bit pricey compared to what I usually buy for myself: Kelloggs All Bran Snack Bites. Brown sugar and cinnamon to be exact. Yummy stuff.

suetalks
10-25-2006, 10:20 PM
Judith- I am the one who gets on I 70 at Greenfield. So I am North of Indy. My daughter went to PCI (dental assistant) and drove that every day while another daughter worked for Davis Homes at Keystone for a few years.

Jane- Have a nice time on your Walk. I am sure we all want a report when you get back...if you can share. My DH is gone for 9 days and we have already been on the phone several times. No fun!

Norma- We do have lots of trees, no pines here. Just the opposite of the old house. We also have lots of squirrels and they are so busy picking up nuts and scampering away. SOunds like you have been busy with painting. I bet it looks great. What colors are you using?

We went to the Mall today where I bought a pair of boots and placemats. Finally found placemats in the colors I wanted/fall colors/ plaid.
At home I touched up some paint in the kitchen that has been bugging me. The painters did the walls before the cabinets were installed and then touched up afterward...but I could see a few spots they missed. (These spots were so tiny I got them with an artist brush) BUT I knew they were there...
Took a walk and it was really sunny, not too cold outside. I can stand the cold if it is not windy...so it was a good walk.

Tomorrow is my pulmonary Dr. and hopefully a little housework. I need to get groceries, but not many. Mom and I are not cooking a lot with DH gone. :)

See you all tomorrow.....

Michelle
10-26-2006, 12:25 AM
JANE...It sounds like you will have fun and relax on your little trip. Have fun and you will be missed!:hug:

NORMA...Thank you for your kind words. I know my mom is in a better place, and is no longer in the horrible pain that she has had for years, but it's still so hard to accept, and I miss her so much. I am so relieved that she did go peacefully and didn't have to suffer very much.:hug:

SUE...Your house sounds so nice. You're doing so good with your walking!:hug:

Hello to anyone else and hope all of you had a good day today!:grouphug:

Sassy_Chick
10-26-2006, 09:51 AM
Did U see? We're famous! Not only just 3fc, but our Jaded Ladies! ;)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96709

Michelle
10-26-2006, 09:55 AM
SASSY...That's so neat, thanks for sharing it!;)

Marti
10-26-2006, 11:17 AM
A quick hello here. We've reached very close to 50 so I'll start a new thread.

Head on over to # 218!