Weight Loss Support - 10 weeks to go!

View Full Version : 10 weeks to go!

SwimGirl
10-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Until Christmas that is... scary isn't it?

So I did REALLY good yesterday for breakfast, lunch and my snack. Dinner was a bust, as was the late night snack my bf brought home. No exercise for me until Friday or Saturday, I broke my middle toe yesterday. It's looking pretty nasty.. and I don't want to hurt it further by trying to go out for a run. For now I've got to get this diet thing down to compensate for the lack of exercise..

Come out, come out where ever you are!

-Aimee

sotypical
10-17-2006, 02:15 PM
Aimee sorry to hear about your toe - hope it is feeling better soon.

Where has everyone been? I hope everyone is doing well... I got back into exercising yesterdy morning, two days in a row (first time in 3 months, haha).

Rosario
10-17-2006, 03:16 PM
that sucks...there's only 10 weeks to go....there goes my 40 pound goal...lol

aimee--aren't bf's the worst in helping you stay OP??? my boyfriend sucks at it!! ouchie about your toe....hope it heals fast.

courtnie--yay for excercise!!! I need to get back into it...right now I am 2 for 4.

SwimGirl
10-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Wow! So I've been adding up all my calories into Fitday, and they add up SO fast sometimes!! No wonder I am the weight I am.. especially thinking about the calories I consume when my family is in town... I can't even IMAGINE how much it would add up to be!

Rosario - I am still aiming for 206 for my christmas goal, it'll be a LOT of hard work, but I am going for it! What are you aiming for with your calories?

Oh! So I changed my ticker, I was 234 on Friday.. I didn't really want to, but I really want to change it when I move down again, heh.

Courtnie - fitday is up again! congrats on the exercise... you seem to do really well with your exercise. I'dlove to see your averages for the weeks when you were exercising over 1 hour!

-Aimee

sotypical
10-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Aimee, get an exercise bike! I sware they are the best, burns a lot of calories just watching tv, hehe

SwimGirl
10-18-2006, 02:12 AM
How quickly calories go.. part 2.. so after my dinner when I got home from work (worked thru dinner time), I am at 2031 calories for the day with 37 grams of fat! It was too easy. The goal for tomorrow is to be lower than 1900!

Courtnie - we don't have room in this house for an exercise bike.. maybe when we move!

-Aimee

sh3l5
10-18-2006, 04:14 PM
I find running burns more calories than my bike does sotypical. I dont know, maybe its different people and different body rules or something like that.

I know that feeling rosario, I have 10lbs till xmas - Im going to try so hard to make it. I have all next week off so if I dont loose about 4lbs I wont be very happy at all. lol

I always get excited this time of year, but at the moment I think Im just too determined to see the excitement!

Rosario
10-18-2006, 04:19 PM
loopy--and on top of it, it's candy season!!! I am a sucker for chocolate.

aimee---I am just trying to aim for eating right, right now. I am going crazy eating when I get home. And I ain't even exercising. But I am a little happy because I just read that I can lose weight consuming 1700-1800 calories. I was trying to pull off 1200 calorie days!!! i am going to go for the 1700-1800 with exercise and see how that goes. I am so excited!!!!

sotypical
10-18-2006, 04:20 PM
running might burn more calories but can you do that in the comfort of your own home quietly while watching dawson's creek? hehe

oh and while holding your puppy in your lap and giving her kisses? lol

JasonsLea
10-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Hi yall! OMGosh the time has gone by fast! Kinda excited and nervous at the same time. Excited because I LOVE Christmas and nervous because I have NO idea what's going to happen the next few weeks and were my WL goals will be. Hope you all are doing okay.

SwimGirl
10-19-2006, 01:19 AM
I did it!! I stayed under 1900! Todays total was 1856 :) Yay!

I would totally love to have an exercise bike, no more going out in the rain to exercise. I could exercise and watch tv.. I just gotta work on getting a place with some more room!

Rosario - 1200 calories a day is really hard, I totally couldn't do that! I am going to aim for 1600-1700.. I am slowly lowering my calories until I get to that point. Why oh why is dieting so hard?!?!

I kinda knew it was just a matter of time until things got a little sour at work.. it's pretty disappointing and I hate being the "bad guy". The supervisor of my section is having some issues to do with her leg (she had cancer, was in recovery, and then this), it's pretty sad.. and she really needs to take the time and heal. I picked up 3 shifts because of this, also no one else would take the shift. Well turns out everyone is pissed at how many hours I am getting, and some are taking it out on me. Nothing too nasty, mostly just them not talking to me. I only picked up the shifts because no one else WOULD, and management asked me. It's just so disappointing that women can be so petty about something like hours. Esp when they are constantly turning down shifts. Petty stuff like this makes me sad :(

Anyways, on that note.. I am going to BED! Have a good one!

-Aimee

sotypical
10-19-2006, 10:37 AM
Aimee congrats on staying under calories. I would just point out to the other people working there that they were offered the same shifts and turned them down.

my scale is still up :( wtf is all I can say.....
but on a good note, today was day 4 of exercising in a row! woots

Rosario
10-19-2006, 11:09 AM
aimeee--please don't even think twice about your co-workers immaturity. If they were offered those extra shifts and they refused them, that's their loss. maybe you should tell them to stop acting like a bunch of babies. man, some people never grow up!! about the eating...maybe we shouldn't call it "dieting". I guess they are right about associating the word "diet" with starving yourself and saying no to all the foods you love. I guess if you think of it more as "healthy eating" it doesn't sound so bad and maybe, it makes it a little easier to tolerate, dontcha think?

courtnie-sucks about the scale....but wtg on the excercise.

shari--just because ur computer is out of whack doesn't mean u have to be too.....i hope you are staying OP!!!

still here struggling with trying to control my eating and getting in exercise. I am definitely doing much better with the eating. scale was even down this morning, but it's not WI day so i can't count it until tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!!!

SwimGirl
10-19-2006, 03:42 PM
The problem with the people at work, like this one woman thinks she should have gotten the 8 hour shift yesterday.. so basically she wanted me to give Lauren my 5-10pm shift, and then take the woman's 3-8 shift, and then she'd take the 8:30-5 shift. Thats a lot of work, so the dept manager gave me the 8 hour shift and the closing to Lauren, thats a couple less phone calls! Grr people!

Courtnie - aww that sucks about your scale :( It'll come back down, you've got a couple of days before your weigh in.. think low sodium and not eating too late! My scale is being dumb too, I'm up 1 pound. Hopefully mine goes away by tomorrow!

Rosario - Healthy eating sounds to me like you can't have anything processed, so no microwave foods, nothing but veggies, whole grains, fruits etc.. hard work! I guess it's gotta be hard work. I just have to make things click, I managed to lose 17 pounds... I need to remember HOW I did that! Congrats on your loss, even if it doesn't count yet!

-Aimee

Rosario
10-19-2006, 03:54 PM
aimeee-i guess so...what about calling it "portion control"???? does that make it sound any nicer and easier? i guess I don't really "eat healthy"...I'll never give up my white bread or soda or my snacks.....but I will try to eat less than I used to. you'll get there, don't worry.

sotypical
10-19-2006, 04:11 PM
aimeee-i guess so...what about calling it "portion control"???? does that make it sound any nicer and easier? i guess I don't really "eat healthy"...I'll never give up my white bread or soda or my snacks.....but I will try to eat less than I used to. you'll get there, don't worry.

thats what I do, not always healthy but less of the bad stuff

SwimGirl
10-19-2006, 04:36 PM
I like that better... portion control, sounds more doable. Coke is really hard for me to give up... or Rootbeer, heh. Its addicting!! I wish diet pop was an option.. stupid artificial sweetners.

-Aimee

callystia
10-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Aimee, can you use Splenda? I don't drink much pop anymore at all, but Diet Rite uses that, and it was always my favorite.

SwimGirl
10-19-2006, 05:28 PM
callystia - Splenda is just as bad as aspartame in my body, I used to drink lots of diet iced tea, and now if I touch anything that uses an artificial sweetner my throat swells up and I get migraines. :( I believe Diet Rite is only in the USA as well.

So I figured out my calories including a light dinner, I may add more, but its around 1300 :) I will likely have a snack tonight, but I think I can stay at or below 1700! Woohoo! On that note.. I am off to work.

-Aimee

sotypical
10-19-2006, 05:37 PM
zomg

so the contact head person just came into my office (so I can fix a bug in the website of course, haha) - anyway after he sends me a message on icq and goes, "wanna know what is really weird?"

and I was thinking some links were reversed, anyway he goes, "I almost didnt reconize you sitting there in your office" "Don't take this this the wrong way but you look like you have lost alot of weight and are looking great!"

he is the first person to notice that doesnt know I have been trying!

and today feels like a fat day! haha

callystia
10-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Yeeha! Go Courtnie! :D

SwimGirl
10-20-2006, 01:46 AM
Courtnie - thats awesome :) I am so happy for you, it's very nice to have people notice things like that, especially on "fat days"!

So my goal was to be around 1700 calories today, but instead I was 1866. Exactly 10 calories more than yesterday, phew this is hard work! We ended up going out to pick up dinner, and I got a salad instead of TacoBell greasey goodness.. heh. Fingers crossed it was good enough to show a loss on my scale tomorrow, I am going to 233! I AM!! How's that for determination? ;)

-Aimee

Edited - so my calories were actually 1840, I miscalculated something!

Rosario
10-20-2006, 09:18 AM
courtnie--that's awesome!!

sh3l5
10-20-2006, 10:50 AM
yey its great when that happens. Im really longing to get my goal before xmas. I broke my running machine, waiting for the manufacturer to get back to me though, hoping I can get replacement bands.

Anyway, I have an exam Monday so Im revising for that more than exercising, maintained my weight this week despite only exercising for 130 minutes. Week off next week, and after my exam so I am going to push for a huge loss next week, might aim for something like 4lbs and do 2 hours exercise a day, who knows. All i know is that I am so determined to reach my goal, still I spose it doesnt matter how long it takes me to get there as long as I do, and as long as I do it in a healthy way.

gettingsmaller
10-20-2006, 11:49 AM
I am 3 lbs. closer to my Christmas goal today. I have been eating normal (1600 calories a day) but I started lifting some weights and drinking protein and the weight seems to be coming of at a steady 2 lbs a week. I have been drinking 8 glasses of water a day but I cannot go without at least 2 diet sodas a day.
Aimee that must really suck about the artificial sweeteners. The diet sodas are my treat for being good.

Terrie

sotypical
10-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Aimee - you are doing great with your calories, just keep it up. Once you get more used to it you will eat less and less and sometime not even mean to! thats how it seems to be working for me anyway...

Terrie - congrats on the 3 pounds! that is awesome! you have reminded me that I should get back to protein shakes - maybe that will help move things along a little faster :)

My scale was still up one pound this morning... tomorrow is weigh in - I wonder if I should move my ticker back up. I know there is no way I gained one pound - but maybe was scale messed up the weigh in before last. We shall see. I have my last in class driving lesson tomorrow morning - so I might do my weigh in Sunday instead.

Rosario
10-20-2006, 05:57 PM
have a great weekend everybody!!

try to be good.....I know I won't :devil:

callystia
10-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Well, Rosario, you know what they say: if you can't be good, be good at it. :D

Rosario
10-20-2006, 06:03 PM
lol trust me, I will

SwimGirl
10-21-2006, 03:41 AM
SO IRRITATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY boyfriend comes home last week from some thing at work (photoshoot), and tells me he's fat and wants to lose weight. Fast forward a couple days, he wants to go grocery shopping for TONS of food because he says we need to eat at home. So we buy him the bread he loves, cheese, sandwich meat, and some lettuce he likes to make salads. (spent 180 dollars on food for one week) And now? the cheese is moldy, sandwich meat went bad, and the bread is fine but only because I put it in the freezer. He's now eating his second meal out for the day, he wouldn't cook my dinner for me the other night, and instead dragged me for a 45 min car ride to get Taco Bell. Tell me, how am I supposed to be successful in this kind of environment?!? We live off a diet of pure fast food or take out. The only time I eat good is when he's not around, like tonight when he was at work and I made myself a salad. I'm just really frustrated, we spend SO much money on eating out and I'm getting sicker by the damn day. I set out to do good everyday, but I HATE cooking, so I know I rely on him a lot for help with that. Oh, and I told him I had to go for a run tomorrow after we were off work, his reply? "I hurt my back today at work" I guess that means I'm not going because it's too dark for me to go alone, it's not exactly safe to run after dark alone. I just don't GET him.

Thats my rant.

-Aimee

Edited to add: the reason I'm ranting is likely because I haven't really been sleeping, I have this crazy sore stomach which wakes me up every 1-2 hours.

shrinkingchica
10-21-2006, 05:49 PM
I have not lost any more weight! I have been STARVING lately. That, coupled with unbelievably busy days and complete exhausation.............I have been completely off my "diet" and have been a bit ragingly out of control.........................
I so need to snap out of it. But that is easier said than done.

SwimGirl
10-22-2006, 01:19 AM
Isn't it always easier said than done?

So today my calories were INSANE. I was watching the types of foods to see exactly whats bugging my stomach, so I planned really "clean" foods. Well end of the day? 1090 calories, 20% fat. And I ate 4 times!! It's like one extreme to another. But my tummy is feeling a bit better... fingers crossed I sleep thru the entire night!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
10-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Hi everyone! How are you all doing? Christmas is coming so fast! I have an interview on Tuesday for a second job for the holidays at a shop called Things Remembered in the Galleria. I didn't have any money to get any dress clothes and I had no shoes so I had to swallow my pride and get some patience and called my father. Me and my dad don't have the best relationship. To put it short, he's been a deadbeat dad my whole life. I really don't even consider him a factor in my life. I've even asked my mama to be the one to give me away at my wedding because I seriously doubt my father will be there. Anyway, he's never given me anything so I was blown away when he said he would take me shopping. I figured he was going to take me to Walmart or the thrift store but he took me to GOODY'S!!! I've never shopped in Goody's before. He brought me five cute shirts and one pair of pants (Goody's has a AWFUL selection of plus size dress pants....most of them were like Grandma clothes). Then he started talking about getting shoes to go with it and Goody's didn't have my size so we went next door to the Shoe Department. I was looking for some cute flats but couldn't find any in my size then I was walking down a aisle with boots and I saw these boots that I have been DYING to have since I first saw them. Yall know those cute kickass knee length boots? Well I always wanted some but never could find any in my size (I have a wide foot). So I just looked at them just to admire and the salesperson that was helping me went to the back and brought a pair out in my size! I tried them on and they FIT! I walked in them, ran a little bit, even jumped up and down and they are SOOO comfortable! AND SO HOT! And they were on sale! So my dad brought them for me along with a pair of these slippers that alot of people have that I wanted too. So I'm happy. :) I also splurged for the first time in over a year and got a pedicure/manicure, my eyebrows arched, and my hair cut! I went out with my friends on Friday night after all of this wearing a pair of my contact lenses that I had gotten a while back, and when I got in the car, all three of them SCREAMED and was like OMG! My friend Sunshine even grabbed me and kissed me! LOL They spent the rest of the night telling me how hot I looked. So I'm on freakin cloud nine!

Rosario
10-23-2006, 11:42 AM
hey guys....

i'm feeling yucky because the scale was high today. the highest it has ever been. but today really is the day that everything changes. I guarantee it!!!

sotypical
10-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Rosario - you can do it! or I am going to come there and kick your butt!

SwimGirl
10-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Goodmorning! I am on day 2 of sleeping thru the night :) Wow, the world looks SO much better when you are well rested! It was really only like 5-6 days where I wasn't really sleeping, but it felt like weeks.

JasonsLea - thats awesome about the new clothes. Amazing how they can make a girl feel :)

Rosario - get on it! Now!! DO IT! But seriously, I am half attempting to follow this "eat right for your blood type" plan, and although it's only been Saturday and Sunday.. I feel better, am not bloated, and my scale is finally budging. If you know what your blood type is I can help you figure out key foods that will help you with this battle, and key foods to lay off of. I find its really easy to try to encorporate the certains foods it says will help me to lose the weight, like for me... I need to eat more beef and more broccoli. I love those two foods and make sure I have one of them once a day! Anyways... let me know. :)

Courtnie- lordy lady you are getting more tiny by the day.. you are SO gonna hit your christmas goal!

-Aimee

shrinkingchica
10-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Shari- I am so happy for you. :) What a great feeling!

Rosario- I HATE that yucky feeling and when the scale stays up for a while even though your doing everything right.......... the yuckiness bugs the **** out of me and actually makes me a sour person. :( I need to get over living life by the dictates of the scale. I so fall into that trap.

Courtnie- You ARE getting sooo tiny! You are going to beat us all by reaching your goal first!! :)

Aimee- The world does "feel" better when you've had a good rest. Also, I am convinced that it helps with weightloss. There is a thread about that over in current news, if you haven't read it already. Also, what is this blood type diet?? What is the premise behind it? I'm sure that there have been threads on it but............the cliffs notes version will suffice. :)

shrinkingchica
10-23-2006, 01:29 PM
Oh, Just to clarify........... my NEW Christmas/New Years (I like the idea of an extra week to get to my goal, lol) goal is my "half the woman" challenge. So, my goal is 20lbs in the next 10-11 weeks basically.................

SwimGirl
10-23-2006, 01:39 PM
shrinking chica - first, it's not a weight loss thing, well it wasn't given to me in that way. My mom and brother both went to a naturalpath because they aren't at peak healthy (oh and they can afford to pay some guy 300 bucks to figure out what foods to enjoy/avoid), and my mom passed the book along to me because of the chronic sinus infections I was getting. The Quick version? Basically your blood type says where you came from, and they've tracked where all the blood types have come from. It gives an idea on how our ancestors ate, and who weren't obese, so you eat certain foods based on what was available for them. I hope that makes sense. Then they list foods for each blood type, divided by "highly beneficial", "Neutral", and "Avoid". In the mean time, my sinus infections are GONE, they used to bother me at least once a week.

Alright, so that wasn't really a cliff notes version. One thing I just really want to highlight is that its not specifically meant for weight loss, that is just a factor of it. Anymore questions?

-Aimee

sotypical
10-23-2006, 02:06 PM
haha thanks ladies, I sure hope I make my goal! I think pretty soon the weight long will slow down... at least they say it does when you get closer to goal!

JasonsLea
10-23-2006, 10:24 PM
Hi everyone! How are you all doing? I'm doing alright. WI is tomorrow and I'm feeling iffy about it. TTYL :)

SwimGirl
10-24-2006, 01:37 AM
Today was day 3 of staying under my calories, I don't know what I'm aiming for really, under 1700 I guess. I wonder though, how low is TOO low? On Saturday I ended up lower than I wanted to be, at around 1100 calories for the day.. I ate 4 times and when I went to bed I wasn't hungry. Now just to add my running back in!

Rosario - how are you doing over there?

-Aimee

SwimGirl
10-25-2006, 02:04 AM
My calories today were 1712, I'm not quite sure of what to make of that. So instead I'm just gonna take it as it is. I guess I really need to make a decision about what I am aiming for.. any advice? I can't seem to make this decision.

-Aimee

sotypical
10-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Aimee - http://nutrition.about.com/library/bl_nutrition_guide.htm

SOOOO last night... wait let me back up few years...

Around grade 8 or 9 I met this girl and we became really food friends. She was a very ADD so we fought sometimes and didnt talk to each other but for the most part we were the best of friends until late in grade 12 (cant remember what happened....). Anyway in grade 11 I met this guy - I ended up dating him and she ended up dating his best friend. I was with this guy for two years and she was with his friend about the same (I think) - we kinda feel apart in grade 12 but we were still dating these guys. Anyway within a year of grade 12 being over we had all broken up and gone our own ways. She has been living in the interior but I have talked to her once and a while and saw her once a few months back.

Anyway her and this ex boyfriend (my ex's friend) are back together and back in town for a while. So they came over last night.... IT WAS SOOO WEIRD! Anyway it made me remember how much I miss her and how much fun we always had. And this guy seems much better now. ANYWAY I found out this ex of mine (broke up almost 3 years ago) - misses me? AND AND AND

GET THIS

HE STALKS ME!!!!!!!!!!

I am so creeped out, he goes to all my websites (none of witch I had when I was with him....................) he even goes to Keikos site, and reads my blog? wtf... thank god I dont really write in it anymore, but it concerns me that he reads it none the less. Anyway that totally creeped me out and while they were at my house he called his friend... he told him he was at my house... I can only imange what he was thinking.

There was nothing wrong with my ex, great guy - but now I am creeped out.

JasonsLea
10-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Whooo! What is with people I talk to having stalkers? Geez.

SwimGirl
10-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Courtnie - Stalking is definitely a little creepy, but in this day and age of computers, I think it's easier and more socially acceptable. (ie "googling" someone). If he starts showing up at your house.. call the COPS! Or talk to him NOT alone and tell him to STOP! So that website says just under 1700/day, but i'm going for a range.. so maybe 1500-1700.

Rosario - where are youuuuuu???

Today was weigh in day, and on Friday I was 235 (didn't have the heart to change my ticker completely :( ). This week I am 229! Woohoo! :carrot: Definitely enough of a loss for a carrot dance! So I am feeling more committed! Infact, I am thinking up some goals for the next 2 weeks.. basically calories staying good, starting running (toe is better), doing some squats and pushups to tone the body with little effort, heh. (thanks for reminding me Courtnie!) I can't believe I'm actually down 22 pounds, I am in awe. Although it's been a LONG time getting them off.. since decemeber!

-Aimee

Rosario
10-26-2006, 03:20 PM
aimee---that's freaking awesome!!!! now I need to follow in ur footsteps and start losing too (i'm up to 240...yikes) wow, I didn't even realize how much weight you have lost. you're doing great and I hope this new plan is what you needed.

courntie-that is scary....defintely watch your back...you never know with people nowadays.

so I am still struggling to find what works for me. i just want to scream. I know what it is that I have to do....I even got the motivation and everything, I just can't seem to do it!!! Planning out my day helps but it doesn't necessarily mean I am going to stick to it. I went back to fitday, so maybe seeing the actual amount of calories I am eating might wake me up (well it won't if I don't document everything I eat...) Tonite I am just going to think about what it is that I want (to be heathy and fit) and what I am willing to do to get it (eating right and exercise). See, it's not that hard, I already hav eit figured out...the whole putting a plan into action is whats killing me. Woe is me....I hope I figure it out soon...before I really blow up! lol

chat with ya'll later :wave:

sotypical
10-26-2006, 03:56 PM
CONGRATS AIMEE!!!!

I came here JUST to see how much you lost! haha Keep it up!!

Rosario - you can do it, I know you can - just keep it and eventually you will find what works :)

This morning I rode my bike for 1 hour. I have decided I am going to do it every morning for an hour - especially with this idea of a vacation for christmas (doesnt mean we could go at xmas) - I want to be 140 before I go anywhere! Not because I think I am fat, but because this is the time of thing I really need to motivate me. Not to say I am not motivaed, I am! BUT this is what I need to make me try just a bit harder!

Rosario
10-26-2006, 03:58 PM
i love vacation.....where do you guys plan to go??

sotypical
10-26-2006, 04:07 PM
i love vacation.....where do you guys plan to go??

no idea, but i think its gonna be somewhere good... we have never gone anywhere!

I mean I would love to go to greece or costa rica or something, but its probably gonna be mexico or something like that.

We are figuring $2,500 each... where can we go with that? lol

Rosario
10-26-2006, 04:21 PM
lucky you......i say cancun....I've never been but the beaches look awesome or maybe cabo san lucas.

what about the bahamas???

SwimGirl
10-26-2006, 05:13 PM
I agree... cabo cabo cabo!! Or Hawaii! Even Cancun would be nice :)

Rosario - weight loss is amazingly hard.. and without the help of my bf, I wouldn't have suceeded this last week. When are your hardest times? Fitday helps a lot I think. Also what helps me is that Imake sure to have a salad a day, and I have peaches for snacks cuz I have been craving sweets like no tomorrow! Surround yourself with healthy snacks... and the crazy thing about how much I lose? I drank pop the entire time! Bad I know, but I have given up all my other vices. And if you want some tips from the Eat Right for your blood type diet... let me know, I'll just need your blood type! I swear thats the thing thats helped me the most.

Courtnie - 2,500 you can go all inclusive to Jamaica, Cabo (which is notoriously expensive, but thats plenty!), Cancun, Probably Hawaii too! The world is YOURS!! :) I am totally jealous. I was thinking for Josh's birthday at the end of March I wanted to take him to Vegas for the weekend.. he'd love it I think!

-Aimee

sotypical
10-26-2006, 05:40 PM
I have been to hawaii, cancun, and bahammas.... so i think i wanna go somewhere new, lol

SwimGirl
10-26-2006, 08:25 PM
Oh man.. I wish I'd been to all those places!! I'm quite jealous you've been able to take all those trips!

-Aimee

Rosario
10-27-2006, 09:03 AM
me too.....I'm pushing for puerto rico next summer!!!

sotypical
10-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Sounds like Karden wants to do 2 weeks in europe, and go to a few different places... like england, spain, paris, etc... I am excited! But think I need more then $2500 for that! haha probably more like $5000... I better start saving!

gettingsmaller
10-27-2006, 01:05 PM
I am 2 lbs. closer to my Christmas goal today.
I would love to visit Cancun or Couzemel. I have been to both. A great place to snorkel. The coral is beautiful. Stay away from Jaimaca, the island itself is beautiful but the areas outside of the retreats are nasty.
Terrie

sotypical
10-27-2006, 01:36 PM
I skipped breakie this morning... I now have a lemon bar staring me in the face.... 340ish calories.........

SwimGirl
10-27-2006, 10:42 PM
I ran today! And I ate... horrible! Totally HORRIBLE! I had a good breakfast, good lunch, and then it all fell apart at dinner. Josh wanted to get take out, and since he's been so good all week.. and since we were both pretty tired. I agreed. We got takeout from Pizza Hut, I got a family sized BLT salad (they don't give salad dressing there for takeout, only eat in? weirdos!), which I put half away for work tomorrow. And then I had one slice of Josh's pizza. So while my calories are still within..1310, but my fat? 42%!! Bad Aimee... BAD! Iam just going to accept it and move on.

Courtnie - Europe would be fun, you can get package deals for pretty good prices, my friend went there for less than 5,000 for sure! Did you have the lemon bar?

-Aimee

JasonsLea
10-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Hi everyone!

Congrats Aimee!

Courtnie, I wish I've traveled as much as you have! I love to travel! But I've only been able to go to a couple of states in the US. :(

SwimGirl
10-29-2006, 01:28 AM
JasonsLea- I'm the same as you, I've been to Washington State, Florida, and Minnesota, and I believe thats it. I have also been halfway across Canada. But nothing exotic!

I keep doing not so great at dinner.. more processed foods.. less veggies and lean meat. I have to break out of this little funk I'm in.. and get on track if I expect to lose more than half a pound this week! (I am down half a pound as of this morning.. )

-Aimee

JasonsLea
10-29-2006, 11:15 AM
Aimee, I've been to South Carolina, Georgia, Texas, and California (I lived in Orange County for several months). I've traveled through New Mexico, Arizona, Louisiana, and Nevada on Greyhound. When I was little, I lived in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. I love traveling and I really wish I had the means to explore the world.

SwimGirl
10-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Shari - oh you definitely outdo me! I only ever go shopping in Seattle! heh. I would also love to see the world, definitely don't have the cash for that yet. It'll come one day :) Part of the reason I don't travel is also the jobs I have, I'm working sorta retail, so I don't get much time off. Last year my family wanted to spend Christmas in Mexico, but of course I couldn't get any time off. Silly jobs!

I have an issue. My boyfriend is friends with this guy Mike, I don't really like him that much. Why? Well 3-4 years ago he called me FAT! I know I am, but how rude! And then when he was staying with us (had no place to go), he made a comment about the plus size girl on America's Next Top Model, saying that fat chicks can't be beautiful. Meanwhile HE'S got some extra weight on him! I just avoid him, my bf hangs out with him without me.. it was working out just fine. But on Saturday we are supposed to go to a fundraiser, well I guess Mike likes the guy who is doing it, so I was informed that Mike was going with us. I told the bf that they could just go, and he got mad and said something about how Mike isn't the same guy he used to be.. blah blah blah. Whats a girl to do? I really don't want to spend the night with some guy who clearly hates fat chicks!! Why are some men such JERKS?!?

-Aimee

sotypical
10-29-2006, 07:18 PM
i ate crap, im getting my period - i feel like crap :(

the scale WAS down 1.2 tho, lol

sotypical
10-29-2006, 07:56 PM
just a question - when you guys eat at say sunday 12am, do you count it for sunday? or saturday? lol

saturday night i stayed up all night and slept all day sunday... haha

Sojourner
10-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Hey sotypical... for great travel deals (especially Europe) check out www.go-today.com. You can definitely do multiple countries for $2500 per person. I travel all around the globe for my job and vacations (15 countries) and this is one of my favorite travel web sites because they have such great air/hotel/transport deals. My hubby and I went to Italy for 17 days through go-today and it was fabulous and affordable.

SwimGirl
10-30-2006, 04:27 PM
I can't believe it's already Monday! Time goes WAY too fast eh? Thursday is weigh in, I have 2.5 days to be really good so that I can see a loss :) Fingers crossed!!

So where is everyone and how are we all doing?

-Aimee

shrinkingchica
10-30-2006, 09:32 PM
I am doing...........not so good.
I just can't get my eating under control.
I just eat and eat and eat.
And we all know what tomorrow is and what horrors I have lurking in my house..............CANDY!!
Usually I try and deal with this by shoving handfuls of the remaining candy into the kiddie's bags to make sure that there is an ever lessening pile that I have at my disposal.

Good news is.....I am not really up at all, but not down either. Pooh.

JasonsLea
11-01-2006, 05:40 PM
How was everyone's Halloween? I worked and went home. :( I had to go to work at 4:30 in the morning the next morning. My friend Sunshine had a party and I was able to stop by for a minute. I said hi to everyone and got a lapdance from this cutie named Austin. *big grin* Made leaving even harder.

JasonsLea
11-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Oh crap forgot to say that Tuesday was WI and I am down 1 lb to 241.6 :)

callystia
11-01-2006, 05:45 PM
:hug: to you, Shrinkingchica. Hang in there!

Shari, congrats on the pound! And woohoo for lapdances from cuties. ;)