Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-17-2006, 05:30 AM   #1  
trouble

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Height: 5'4

Default why is it that...

why is it that as soon as i get one part of my life going right, another area falls apart?

I am eating right, minding my calories, haven't had a binge in 3 weeks now, and will be starting an exercise program that I am excited about in the next week.

And then my relationship with my husband goes all to crap.

it is very very tempting to eat a box of cookies right now.... i haven't succumbed so far.... still haven't won the war *sigh*

not that it would be better really, but why couldn't things like this happen when when I was ok with stuffing myself full of sweets?

Last edited by isthatreallyme; 10-17-2006 at 05:56 AM.
isthatreallyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:08 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm so sorry you're going through a rough time with your husband.
I think many of us feel the same way. Just when something is going right... bam! Something "goes wrong".
I guess what we have to remember is that, while some things are out of our control, other things aren't.
We can work hard at a relationship, but if the other person isn't "there", we're screwed.
But our food choices are completely within our control. As is our choice to exercise.
Go ahead and feed your body some good healthy food. And start your exercise program. It won't solve all your problems, but it WILL make you feel good. It's something you're personally in control of, and that's huge.

Sending you a big hug, and hoping that things with your husband improve. Hang in there, hon.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:27 AM   #3  
trouble

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Height: 5'4

ya, i guess there is no point in ruining my diet, just because i feel like crap, in fact i guess it's really only a short term comfort and i'll feel 10x worse to gain weight from eating....

hm, i guess i am learning something

i still have to remind myself this every half hour, 45 minutes or so, because i am otherwise inclined to have a binge for comfort.... hmmmmm i guess i need to find something to replace food as a self comfort mechanism...

thanks Ellis
isthatreallyme is offline   Reply With Quote