Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies (#97)

4myloves
10-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Welcome to the best forum on 3FC!!!

Yup, I like to brag a little about the Loozing Floozies, because I think we're one of the best groups of ladies you'll find for motivation and support!

We've been through a lot together--kids going to college or to war, stressful times at work and school (and home!), buying and selling homes and cars, losing and (ug!) gaining weight. Through it all we've always managed to be here for each other with a :hug: when needed!

If you would like to be a part of our group you're more than welcome to join in at anytime! Visitors are always welcome--and, who knows?, maybe you'll find a permanent hang out!

4myloves
10-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Hmmmm..... Maybe no one will notice that we have two 97's?

Whew! Girls, whatever possessed me to think I could handle two classes this semester? I am apparently on CRACK! Well, maybe I should be (JK), then I could get some of this work done and still have energy left over at the end of the day!

I went to Branson with Mom this week-end, which is why I've not been around. I shouldn't have gone, because I had a take-home mid-term and a 4-6 page paper due today. I did a SLIGHT amount of work while we were in the hotel room, but, please! I'll be happy with a C on this test! I'm HOPING I did well enough to earn a C!

I haven't started on the paper for tonight yet. Luckily I don't have to work today, so maybe I'll be able to throw something together!

Glad to hear Aunt Hazel is home.

Glad you had fun at the dance, Vouge. I've twisted my left ankle a couple of times. Now, every once in a while it'll pop BIG and feel sooooo good!

Catch the rest of you later!

Oh! Gayle, how was your week-end? :devil:

SuzyMc
10-16-2006, 10:47 AM
:carrot: Good Monday Morning Floozies!:carrot:

I'm trying to get back on track now that things are getting back to normal around here. I have two weeks of eating out and not exercising to correct. No more excuses for eating fast food on the run and no more excuses not to get on the treadmill...it's time to get to work!

Shelley ~ It sounds like you are being very sensible about your exercise! Good for you!

Vogue ~ The military meals that you had in school were probably the MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat) and they aren't the best, but some of them are ok. I'm not exactly sure what it is that Travis is getting now. He says they are a step up from MRE's, and that they are a little better.
Last fall I got a Seal-a-Meal and discovered that I could make homemade cookies, vacuum seal them and send them to him in the mail. I wouldn't think that they would be all that good after two weeks in the mail, but he says they are great and that all the guys start circling like vultures when he gets a box of cookies! :lol:

We have some MIA's don't we? I know I haven't been around much the past two weeks and I've probably missed some posts about where everyone is. Help fill me in...where is everyone?

alinnell
10-16-2006, 11:40 AM
Hmmmm..... Maybe no one will notice that we have two 97's?

I won't tell if you won't!

Good news all around! I'm back to my ticker weight for 3 days in a row! Time to start losing those last 4 pounds. My in-laws arrived bearing gifts and we had a great time last night. I made the baked halibut and it was fabulous! Only problem was my side vegies. I didn't know that MIL won't eat broccoli and cauliflower (says they cause cankers) and FIL doesn't like either one cooked but will eat them raw. Of course, I steamed enough for 8 people, so I have tons of leftovers now. Not that it is a problem, there's a lot of halibut leftover so we'll have that tomorrow for dinner (no cooking!)

It should be a good week for dieting. Tuesday will be my ONLY evening home for dinner (and it will be those fabulous leftovers). Tonight DD and I play Bingo at the old-folks home, Wednesday is a band booster meeting (why they schedule this during dinner time, I'll never understand). Thursday is my charity meeting and Friday we have a home football game (we splurge these nights and get burritos at the game--yummy ones from a great local restaurant). The other days, since I won't have time for a real meal, DD and I will grab a Jamba Juice and have that suffice for dinner. I feel a pound melting away already!

Have a gread day everyone!

ShelleyM
10-17-2006, 05:55 AM
Cheryl-I've got my fingers crossed for a good grade on your papers.

Ali-Yay, on staying OP, and your weight cooperating.

Suzy-I'm sure Travis does like your home cooked meals sent to him. That's a great idea for you to have been doing.

We are in the middle of refinancing our home (I don't know if I told you or not.) I only hope the appraisal comes out okay. The back room is horrible, that's one of the things we are going to fix up with the extra funds, along with the bare cement floor in the living room, and both of the bathrooms, one of which has nothing on the walls, since I tore off the wallpaper months ago. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I'm hoping the appraiser understands that we are doing this not only for a lower rate, but to improve our home.

coles
10-17-2006, 10:24 AM
I have been reading the posts and trying to catch up. It has been busy around here.
Cheryl - Good luck on your paper. I think you will probably do better than you think.
Dee - Cold and rainy here today. Did you send me this??
Shelley - Glad to see you are running again - how is it going?

vouge09
10-17-2006, 03:10 PM
today I basically ran our stand at the school carnival. it was so tireing. My group i was with is the school newspaper . ( Hoping to be a journalist in the future) I brought the table , made the signs and all the candy bowls geez it was hard work but im guessing its starting to pay off cause the editor is a senior and so if half the newsstaff, and today she said " yeah this is amy , shes my number one newsgirl this year, shes always writing awsome articles and vollenteering !" To the advisor! Man I want her psotion next year!!!! I am even going to go to a 10 day camp and UF for journalism !!!! Im hoping to partcicpate in the newsroom program where I spend a day in the newsroom with a journalist and learn all about writing and stuff. I cant wait for the summmer. The ankle is also all better yay!

shell- fingers crossed

alli- havin fun? You can lose those pesky pound you can do it , can do it , !!!

suzy- dont kill your self over your last two weeks , just jump back on the treadmill and end that habit. mabey I did have those meals I dont know but I just remember that. 5 more pounds you too can do it!

4 myself- I had so much fun thanks, not sure what your talking about popping an ankle a little confused here......Dont stress over the papers, work hard get it dont with then enjoy yourself.

4myloves
10-17-2006, 03:37 PM
4 myself- I had so much fun thanks, not sure what your talking about popping an ankle a little confused here......Dont stress over the papers, work hard get it dont with then enjoy yourself.

You know, like popping (some people call it "cracking"--like to crack your knuckles) your neck or your fingers--my ankle does that sometimes.

SuzyMc
10-17-2006, 05:43 PM
The weather here is miserable today! It's cold, wet and windy...yuck!

I went to the sewing center today and ordered my birthday present...a new Janome sewing machine. It should be in by the end of the week! Woohoo...I'm so excited!

I've been working on a quilt to send to Travis for Christmas. I made it all from scraps and fabric that I had on hand. A friend of mine just bought an HQ Sixteen quilting machine, so I offered it to her to practice her quilting on. I don't know if you can tell from the photo or not but she meandered all through it scattering stars here and there. I think she did a beautiful job and I'm really pleased with how it turned out!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/SuzyMc/IM002391.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/SuzyMc/IM002392.jpg

Sheesh...you know if I spent as much time on the treadmill as I do sitting on my butt sewing I would be a size 3! :lol:

4myloves
10-17-2006, 06:04 PM
I like it! I started a quilt (well, it turned into a baby-sized quilt because I bought the material off the $1 rack at Wal-Mart & didn't get enough) forever ago and am too lazy to finish it!

gdeann
10-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Suzy, the quilt is gorgeous! I love the scattered stars, it adds a folk touch to the piece. Travis will love it!!!

Cheryl, I wish I could quilt too...no patience for it here though. How is the new car?

Shelley, when will you find out about the appraisal? Best of luck to you sweetie. I have several projects around here that cntinue to be on my "to do" list. 2 years ago (almost) I purchased the paint to paint a bathroom. Mom had her heart attack and the paint is still sitting in the can.

Vouge, I hope you get the job next year. It's great your following your passion.

Janice, so it is cold there too? Did you get your pool closed down before the cold hit?

Dee, where you at chickie?

Allison, the dinner sounded wonderful. You are a very busy lady.

Vickster, congrats on the weight loss. Don't be a stranger.

Chat with you all in the morning!

coles
10-18-2006, 06:51 AM
Good morning all.
Gayle - Our pool has been closed since September, we close it before all the leaves from the neighbors pool fall into it.
Gayle- I have a question for you. My dog is 13 years old. She has such a hard time getting up from the tile floors. I have mats all over the house for her. She is on pain medication, but I try not to give her too much for fear it will damage her liver and kidneys.
I bought a harness called a hip hound that helped support her hips, but she hated it and keep chewing at it. It was always sliding around too. I am at my wits end how else to help her. Any ideas? She is my baby.
Suzy - Your quilt is lovely!

gdeann
10-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Janice, you will think I'm crazing, but the first thing to pop into my head is Elderberry concentrate. It is a highly concentrated tonic and is safe for pets. You could try adding a teaspoon a day to her food. Another thing, is she on a really good food for older dogs? Sometimes just the change in food will help an animals motoring about. If you want info about the tonic, I can send you a link Janice. Guess you could always make her booties with grips on the bottom! LOL!

alinnell
10-18-2006, 10:34 AM
coles--my dog (she was 16 years old) had the same problem last year. At the time, we tried the same thing. We had mats and runners all over and she would walk around them. I think she liked lying on the tile because it kept her cooler (Golden Retreiver--summer--long hair). She was on all types of meds, but nothing worked for more than a month and she'd take a turn for the worse. It was really sad and in the end we had to put her down (when it got to the point where she couldn't walk at all and therefore couldn't relieve herself). She had also gone blind by then and she had been deaf for several years. It was her time.

ANYWAY, not to put a damper on things......I saw some different things at PetSmart--little booties (which would be very easy to chew off) and it seems to me there was this stuff you painted on their paws to make them kind of sticky. Does that make sense? That sounded like what we needed at the time.

Best of luck to you. It's hard watching our babies get old.

Deelite
10-18-2006, 11:16 AM
Suzy that is a lovely quilt. I know someone else that would love it....

Gayle thanks for calling me back. I have had a cold and have stayed in bed longer that usual and no not with Larry! Get your mind out of the gutter.....lol

Today is a buzy day. Jason't birthday is tomorrow but we are celebrating it today. I am cooking dinner for the family tonight. I still need to wrap all those presents. I have a guy coming down shortly to install a blind in the garden room and my sister Gail is coming in to town and we are going out for lunch. Somewhere in there I want to go to the Gym but I don't know if it will happen.
I better get my butt in gear so that dindin will happen.

Have a good one.

alinnell
10-18-2006, 11:44 AM
coles--I found the product: Excel paw wax. It says "Does your dog fear walking on slippery surfaces such as linoleum, tile, wood? Paw Wax can help him by aiding his grip on smooth, slippery surfaces. It helps protect his paws year round from gravel, asphalt, ice, snow, hard surfaces, etc. Contains white oil, paraffin wax, rosin, silicon dioxide and perfume. Wash with soap and water after use and contact."
I couldn't find it on the PetSmart website, but did find it at dog.com. It isn't too expensive, $5.89 for 1 or 2 or more for $4.89 each.

coles
10-18-2006, 06:33 PM
Gayle and Allison - Thank you for your ideas. I thought there must be something out there. I will try to find Excel paw wax - that sounds like it would work. The hip thing helped Sheba walk better in the yard but she hated it. It didn't help her get up better in the house. I feel so bad for her.
Gayle - I am going to look into the elderberry too. I had her on glucosamine- sp - for a long time but it isn't enough now. She also likes to pace or stand in corners now. The vet just put her on a food that is supposed to help the mental function. She is a very happy dog for the most part. She has always been a house dog. Now if I need to go out I put up baby gates. She gets so upset that I am gone that she messes on the floor. She doesn't look down so she ends up tracking it all over.
Thank you both for your help.
Getting back on track with my eating, and have even gone to the gym twice this week so far.
Dee - good luck with the BD party.

Lynneye
10-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Still in the construction mode here. We did find the source of the smell and have ripped up the carpet in that area. Putting tile down and right now, getting ready to grout the tile. Looks good. Luckily we had exactly the right number of tiles left from the kitchen, so we didn't have to go buy anything!

Well I have to go and correct some tests, so just checking in. Everyone have a great Thursday!

vouge09
10-18-2006, 08:37 PM
4 myself- ahh I get it haha
suzy- I am sure he will love love love it! i like to sew too! I am getting to the point where I make custom garmets.

gayle - thanks i take a lot of pride in my journalism

SuzyMc
10-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Things have changed a bit here in the past day or two...Aunt Hazel is not doing well on her own. She is refusing to do anything for herself and seems to be very depressed. I honestly think that she has lost her will to live and convinced herself that she is going to die. I'm sure you know from all of the "Aunt Hazel stories" that this is completely out of character for her. I spoke with the doctor this morning and medically there is nothing wrong with her. He thinks that it is more of a reassurance and confidence issue than anything. This morning (at her suggestion) we started the process of having her admitted to a nursing home. This is going to be done on a "rehab/short term stay" basis, so hopefully with some PT and OT they will be able to get her moving and doing some things on her own and she will be able to go back home again.
I know what she really wanted was for me to move in with her, but I just cannot do that. Tim and I have talked about it a lot the past few days, but we both have too many other responsibilities. I'm feeling a little guilty, but I know there's just no way that we could run a business, keep our other commitments and take care of her indefinitely and hold everything together.
I have no idea how long this process is going to take, so if I'm not around you know why.

gdeann
10-19-2006, 11:18 AM
Suzy, I had the same problem with mom. Thank goodness we live next door to each other, but it was still a struggle leaving my family to go to sleep at my mom's etc. The doctor told me it is VERY common for heart patients to have a period of depression. Mom had a period were she wanted nothing to do with therapy, etc. We had to get kinda rough with her and just tell her she was going to do it. It all worked out for the best, now she realizes without the therapy she would probably still be bedridden or lost all hope of living. I think the confidence problem with Aunt Hazel is from the fear of something happening again and being by herself. Thank goodness she is willing to go into a nursing home short term. Hopefully, she can rest easier and then get to know some of the other residents. It will probably be good for her compared to living by herself. Prayers sent!

I'm trying to get things done around the house today....probably could if I would stay off the computer!! LOL!

vouge09
10-19-2006, 03:09 PM
prayers for suzy

Deelite
10-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Suzy after my heart operation I felt scared and depressed. I really thought that I would die. I felt that I was on my own. I had to face mortality. It took a good six months before I felt I was going to make it. Just keep reassuring Aunt Hazel that everything is going to be ok and that you are there for her and that she is healthy enough to go on with life. Hugs to you Suzy.

I can't believe that Jay is 23 today. I he is getting old, now what does that make me. Oh wow it seems like ages ago but then again around this time 23 years ago I remember vividly going through that pain and joy!
We had a wonderful time last night. The kids love the home cooked dinner and we enjoyed each others company with lots of laughs. Boy how things have changed since they were teens.

Larry is out to dinner with his friend from NY. I skipped dinner because I had a late lunch of left overs from last night after I went swimming. I am off for a walk to the library and I am hoping my girlfriend Cindy will call me back and we can go for a walk. It is dark and cool out but I don't mind.

Check in with you tomorrow.

Lynneye
10-19-2006, 09:08 PM
Suzy, sending prayers!

I gained .4 of a pound this week at WI. I basically see that as staying the same. Hope soon to be able to get back on the exercise "wagon" and finally get over this hump!

ShelleyM
10-20-2006, 05:39 AM
Debi-.4 could be an extra cup of water! Don't worry.

Suzy-Good luck with Aunt Hazel. Still sending prayers.

Dee-I hope Jason had a nice birthday. The kids just seem to grow up right before our eyes. When is he getting married?

Janice-I hope you find the stuff for your doggie.

I have been very busy between work and doing things around the house. Sorry if I haven't checked in much, but I have been posting on the exercise board, practically alone!!!

coles
10-20-2006, 07:49 AM
[/URL] Suzy - I can imagine the heartache you must be going through. I work in a nursing home, Aunt Hazel will probably enjoy her stay there. She will get lots of reassurance and encouragement, it should help her depression a lot. Hugs sent to you [URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_67.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA)
I ordered the paw wax for Sheba so hopefully that will help her get to her feet in the house. Pets are such a joy, but when they get old it is so hard.
Doug my DH smashed up his truck earlier this week. He had a cold and was drinking coffee at the same time he started to cough. He blacked out and came to after he went off the road and hit a tree. A couple of weeks ago he fell off the scaffold at work (bricklayer) and landed on his shoulder. He has been in a lot of pain with that injury and now this.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxmk042YYCA (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb114_ZNxmk042YYCA&utm_id=7922)

alinnell
10-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Good morning everyone!

It's been such a busy week--TGIF for sure! My diet has been really messed up this week due to my busy schedule, and I thought for sure I had sabotaged it Wednesday night (DD and I went out to my favorite restaurant and I ate a whole lot--good choices, but huge portions!). I started out at 139, dropped to 138.8 and then Thursday was up to 140.5! Glad to say I'm back to 138.5 this morning--shows that the meal must have been salty and it was just temporary water weight gain. (OK, maybe it was the salt on the margarita!!!)

coles--I hope the paw wax works for you. Let me know. My Buddy is approaching 14 years old (the yellow lab) and when we walk him, he often stumbles on his rear legs. That was the same with our old dog (CC). The vet said that its a common neurological symptom of growing old. Anyway, my house is practically half tile (and 3000 square feet) so if Buddy starts slipping, it will be good to know if the paw wax works or not so I can buy it for him. Hope DH feels better soon--kind of a triple whammy!

Suzy--my Mom has had two heart surgeries and with this latest one she has seemed a bit depressed because she didn't bounce back as fast as the first one. I wonder what she expected--she's 82 years old! Anyway, the doctor assured her that she will feel better and better as time goes on as I'm sure your Aunt will also.

Shelley--hopefully you won't be all alone on the exercise board for very long! I've been formulating my plan and hope to start exercising in early December (as long as DD gets her driver's license!). Anyway, I'll be working out at home and will be using my NordicTrak, free weights and will be looking at buying a ball and maybe those stability things to stand on while doing free weights. All that and different exercises without weights also.

Dee--you're not old enough to have a 23 year old! You look great!

Gayle--get off the computer and get your work done!!!LOL

Everyone have a great day!

4myloves
10-20-2006, 01:10 PM
Ahhhh, stress!

After work on Wednesday I had to go to Wal-Mart. Par for the course for me. While I was there I got some drink mixers to make a small (ahem) vodka martini for myself. As I was choosing my additives, one of my farmers came up to me and started asking me questions about his account!! Please!

Anyway, I finally escaped Wally World to get to the parking lot just in time to see the "first love of my life" and his new woman. I am glad to say that I was not affected by seeing him AT ALL other than to think--"Oh my gawd!! Was he that UGLY when I was IN LOVE WITH HIM!?!?!?" Sigh. The growing up we do between the ages of 21 and 30 is just not appreciated by "young" people--Vouge, pay attention here!

I got to the liquor store and asked the lady behind the counter which vodka is the best and she recommended Absolut or Skye. Skye was cheapre, so that's what I got. Gayle, what would you have told me?

I got my paper back in my morning class today (the take-home mid-term exam). I made an A on it. Actually got pretty favorable comments. :D

You people are making me sad talking about old dogs. :( I've lost several that I've been VERY attached too.

Hope Aunt Hazel gets better during her nursing home stay. Nursing homes depress me, too. :(

Allison, congrats on being down despite the eating (and drinking) out. I've been TERRIBLE lately!

Lynneye
10-20-2006, 03:44 PM
I have decided I am cleaning my house top to bottom no matter what with the construction this weekend. I can't stand it anymore! At least, I can make piles of tools! Seriously, this place is driving me nuts!!!

Suzy, hope Aunt Hazel is doing better today. Hope you are taking time for yourself! How is Abby doing with school?

Janice, hope the stuff works for the dog. Also, hope your husband is ok.

Have to remember to go post on the exercise board, just got back from belly dancing class and it was a blast today! I always think of Shelley as I am leaving there, trying to remember to post over there, so she isn't lonely! Hopefully, soon, I will be cleared and be able to get back to exercising every day. Next Thurs. is my appointment with the other dr. for my breast problem, so will know more then. Until then, you keep the post going for us, Shelley!

Allison, congrats on the loss even with the eating and drinking!! LOL!

I would have chosen the Absolut vodka. How was the Skye? Never tried that one. Also, congrats on the "A"!

Well off to start my cleaning frenzy!

Deelite
10-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Allison thank you for the compliment. I often hear that from people that see my kids call me mom. lol Gayle and I are both 43!

Janice poor Doug, he has had a rough week. Thankfully he is ok, that was a serious accident.

Cheryl congratulations on The big A. You did wonderful, you must be proud, I know I am proud of you.
I like absolute, it is my favorite.

Debi construction has it's rewards but it sure is messy when it is happening. Larry needs to do a reno on the bathroom and to drywall Dez's room and change the windows. That makes so much fine dust. I want to get the ducts cleanned but I will have to wait til the construction is done which will be next summer.....lol

Tonight we are going out to a movie. Haven't done that in awhile. Now to check and see what is playing.

Have a good weekend.

SuzyMc
10-20-2006, 05:23 PM
Thanks so much to everyone for your words of advice and encouragement...it really helps! The "rehab" won't have an opening until Tuesday, so Aunt Hazel is still at home unless something opens up before then. The good thing is that she is feeling better. I'm starting to wonder if her heart went back into A-fib night before last and then reverted back to a normal rhythm yesterday. That would explain why she was feeling so awful and the grim outlook that she had. The same thing happens to my dad from time to time and he can't explain the feeling either...he just feels "done in", can't do anything and wants to stay in bed. There's no way to know if that was the case or not without having her pacemaker read, but it is a possibility and would explain a lot. I'm sure she has some depression going on too. Just like your mom, Allison, I think she thought that she was going to bounce right back and be better than ever and with the setback from the CHF it hasn't been as easy as she thought. So anyway, for now we are keeping a close eye on her and just waiting for the "rehab" to call.

Debbi ~ I am taking some time for myself this weekend (that is if things stay relatively calm ;) ). Tomorrow morning is the kids sewing class that I help teach once a month and after that is over I am going to go pick up my new sewing machine! Hopefully I will be able to find a few hours to learn how to work it this weekend!

Janice ~ I'm so sorry to hear about Doug's accident! I'm assuming that he is really sore, but is he ok other than that? No broken bones or anything?

Cheryl ~ Your story reminds me of the Garth Brooks song "Unanswered Prayers"... You are SO right about the growing up we do in those younger years! (Congratulations on the A!)

Dee ~ Happy birthday to Jay! It is amazing how much they mature in just a few short years isn't it? I'm glad that you had a fun evening!

Have a good weekend everyone! :carrot:

alinnell
10-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Dee--I'm 43 as well, but my kids are 11 and 15 (almost 16)! I guess I waited a bit before having kids! LOL

gdeann
10-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Hi girls! First off Cheryl, is there such a thing as a bad vodka martini?? LOL!
I would of suggested Absolut or Sveda ~~Both are moderatly priced. Now, if I knew you had some extra money to toss around, it would of been Grey Goose! I watched a show one night were they used vodka (a neutral liquor) and added it to different drinks. No one could tell the difference between the moderately priced compared to the premium.
CONGRATS ON THE A!!!

Dee, have fun your night out on the town! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO THE J!!!

Deb, good luck cleaning house! I know you will feel better once some of the clutter is removed.

Allison, your doing a great job maintaining considering your busy schedule.

Janice, I hope the wax stuff works for Sheba.

Vouge, if you stick around us old fogies we will be able to keep you away from learning all of the life lessons we have experienced.

Girls.......I have a secret......Shhhhhhhhhhhh....going to happen next Friday the 27th.........any guesses??????

coles
10-21-2006, 08:41 AM
[/URL] Gayle - my guess is you got the promotion, I know you deserve it!
Suzy - I hope you get some me time this weekend, you have been running yourself ragged.
Cheryl - Congratulations on the A, [URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_1_10.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA)
Doug is sore, but he is really down these days. It scared him that he lost control of his truck and blacked out, what if he had been on the highway rather than a back road!! He hurt himself at work a few weeks ago and he has a bad cold for a couple of weeks. I don't know what to do to make him feel better.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNxmk042YYCA (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb096_ZNxmk042YYCA&utm_id=7924)

Lynneye
10-21-2006, 09:45 AM
I am cleaning like a mad woman here! Have the washer going and have done a few rooms. Still so much more to do, but the stairs are really giving me a workout. If I am downstairs, I need the broom and that is upstairs. Really need to get two of everything, but that has to wait till the construction is over and we have some extra money again! Guess I should look at it as a workout, but when I just came back down and have to go right back up for something it is a pain in the butt!!

Suzy, hope you are having a good time at the kids sewing class. That really sounds like fun to me!

Gayle, my guess is also the promotion! Fingers crossed I am right!

Janice, hope Doug is feeling better today.

What is everyone else up to this weekend?

alinnell
10-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Suzy, you said I'm starting to wonder if her heart went back into A-fib night before last and then reverted back to a normal rhythm yesterday. That would explain why she was feeling so awful and the grim outlook that she had. The same thing happens to my dad from time to time and he can't explain the feeling either...he just feels "done in", can't do anything and wants to stay in bed. My experience is that it could be extremly low blood pressure. My mom takes her pressure several times during the day, and while I was there I made up a spread sheet for her to track her pressure readings. Her complaint was that the Dr. had her on high BP meds, but her BP readings were very low. She would take her pressure when she awoke (before her meds) and an hour after her meds and then any time that she was feeling "done in". It was during those times that she was feeling "done in" that her pressure was extremely low. We took her BP log to the Dr. (which he and the nurse really appreciated) and he explained that although her BP was low, she still needed the meds to keep it low in order for her heart to heal properly. He said he'd look at the meds a month later and possibly take her off of them at that time. Anyway, it might be something to look into.

alinnell
10-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Gayle, good luck. I hope it is the promotion as well! Keep us informed (I know you will!).

Lynn--I know what you mean about stairs and going up and down endlessly. I'm so happy that this house has no stairs! But on the other hand, it always seems that what I need is on the other side of the house!!! I'd say have fun cleaning, but cleaning during a construction phase is NO FUN! Doesn't it seem that as soon as you're done dusting that the place is covered in dust again? Aargh.

Janice--husbands are hard to care for! I like to be babied when I'm sick--have someone bring me juice and soup without being asked. My DH wants to be left alone. He basically sleeps it off, and doesn't want any human interaction when he's sick. So, my instinct is to baby him and his instinct is to leave me alone when I'm sick. Thankfully we don't get sick much because we're just not made for each other in this one instance!

Cheryl--congrats on the great grade!

It's Saturday morning here. Normally I would be sleeping in a bit, but that black dog woke me up at 5:30 for his breakfast. He's good, he knows that if it's a sleep in day, he'll curl up at the end of the bed and let me sleep for another half hour before bugging me again. But this morning DD had the PSAT test and I had to get her to school by 7AM. So up I got and now I'm back from the hour long round trip to school. It took a little less time because it's Saturday and there isn't much traffic. DH went to work for a few hours and I have time to kill before taking DS to the dojo for his Karate photos (no class today). I really don't have time to do much, and since I haven't showered, I refuse to hit the grocery store early, so I'm thinking of taking the dogs for a walk. Yup, that's what I'm gonna do!

Everyone have a great day!

gdeann
10-21-2006, 12:16 PM
No girls.....not the correct answer......wanna give it another try?
Hint: A celebration........

Allison, I have a 21 (soon to be 22) year old and a 7 year old! I'm not quite sure whatever possessed me to have them so far apart other then it was a second marriage. I said the Serenity prayer 3 times the other moring before I got Allison dropped off at school. She is a wonderful child, just behaving rather like a 7 year old that day! LOL!

Suzy, I hope Auntie will be ok. Sounds like most heart patients suffer from the same symptoms. The conversations between you and Allison are exactly like what my mother has been through too. How is Aunties blood oxygen level? Also, certain heart meds can give a patient a "done in" feeling.

Janice, I hope Doug is ok. It could of been very serious. Has he done this before? Just curious, because Steve has done this right when he is taking a bite of food or taking a drink. If so, PM me, I may have some info for you.

ShelleyM
10-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Gayle-Your killin' me! What happened to the birthday thread anyway? I can't figure out whose it is.

gdeann
10-21-2006, 03:15 PM
No birthday Shelley.....

Keep guessing??????????..........

vouge09
10-22-2006, 10:09 AM
sounds like we all have had our old dogs. Mine WAS rosie . she was a pruebreed golden retriver that my aunt had bread and I basicaly grew up with her. Her hair was as red as mine and pepole often mistaked her for an irish setter. She was the only red one of the whole litter, all the others were blonde. I picked her out of the litter when i was 2 , she was the runt and I felt bad for her ause she couldnt get in to get any milk from the mother ...hah. I grew up with her and just this past may we put her to sleep cause she was in so much pain. She was extremely overweight and had trouble getting up , her hips were shot , she smelled , we never got it checked out but I think she had a form of cancer on her stomache she had a werid tumor thing. But eveyrmoring she would wake up and get herself up and comeover to lick me and smile and wag her tail.....I miss her alot. you know like everyone has that 1 dog in their life where no other dog can replace them , Rosie was definaly mine.

alinnell
10-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Oh, Vogue, what a touching story! Yes, I miss my CC, too. My DH and I cried and cried all the way to the vet when we had to put her down. We kept her collar and I bought a shadow box and framed her collar and several photos of her throughout her life. It hangs in my DS's room.

Gayle, no idea.....more hints?

Have a great Sunday everyone!

gdeann
10-22-2006, 05:47 PM
What a neat idea for a rememberance Allison.

Vouge, I still remember my first dog growing up. She seemed to be human instead of a dog. She let me play dressup wearing my doll dresses and would even be my patient as she layed in bed on her back eating an M&M every so often. This was way before we ever heard chocolate was bad for dogs.

Another clue:
First comes love, then comes???????

coles
10-22-2006, 08:12 PM
[/URL] Gayle - ITS YOUR ANNIVERSARY!!! Congratulations - Maybe?[URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA"] (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA)http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_1_209.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA) (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA)http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_28_125.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA) (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_23_12.gif

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxmk042YYCA (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb097_ZNxmk042YYCA&utm_id=7925)

gdeann
10-22-2006, 11:21 PM
NOPE! Not my anniversary????

Hint: Indecent proposal???????

gdeann
10-22-2006, 11:21 PM
Getting Warmer!!!!

ShelleyM
10-23-2006, 05:32 AM
Gayle-Is someone getting married on the 27th??

gdeann
10-23-2006, 08:35 AM
YES, SHELLEY! Wanna guess who????

Deelite
10-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Gayle hmm who could it be? For you to say Indecent proposal......it's gotta be indecent for our Sex Shop Goddess. I have no clue. I love secrets and I am good at keep them, you want to share with me?
On saturday I took my oil painting lesson. I decided on Before the Snowfall painting. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I am not sure what Bob Ross would have said though! I choose that pic because it reminds me of when we went away to the cabin a few years ago and we woke up to the first snowfall. Looking out the window looks much the same way with the creek water still flowing.

Quiet here today. How is everyone?

4myloves
10-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Gayle,

Liz isn't getting married, is she?

4myloves
10-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Please stop!!

A new thread has been started!