View Full Version : Weekly Chat Oct 16-22/06

RobinW
10-16-2006, 08:23 AM
Good Morning :wave:

Im back op this morning :cb: It is very much needed! :lol:

beach bum
10-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

This morning was W-I and I remained :carrot: the same.We have a brisk cold today ahead of us,but Leo & will try to walk along the:beach: beach.

ROBIN-Thanks :thanks: for starting us up this morning. Happy:) to hear that your back OP:carrot:How the snow:snow4: removal coming???????????Gee !! You guys were really hit.Hope I don't see any of the white stuff until next year,or amybe a dusting for the Christmas/New Year Holiday.

Have to go have a heavy schedule today

Will post later Hugs :) BB

RobinW
10-16-2006, 11:34 AM
the snow is pretty much all gone, its the tree clean up and power restore thats going to take forever.

lilybelle
10-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Hi everyone. I slept in late today. I was trying to wait a full week to weigh, which would have been tomorrow. I couldn't make it and weighed this morning. I had maintained the same weight, 140 lbs. I was very happy with this. I'll now try to wait til next Monday to weigh. Those daily fluctuations were really getting me down.

lilybelle
10-16-2006, 09:27 PM
BB, I think you are the one that mentioned going to Hawaii. I said my SIL is going next week. I was wrong. She left Sunday morning. Had just gotten to the airport there when the earthquake hit. Couldn't get off the plane for several hours. They are stuck there for now, can't get a flight home right now. We spoke to her today and they are doing fine, but thinking this has turned out to be a lousy vacation.

Ms Spotdog
10-16-2006, 09:38 PM
So sorry about your SIL's trip.

How are you feeling today? The pain better?

Kel

lilybelle
10-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Thanks, I am feeling better today. Not in much pain today.

ilovemike4alwayz
10-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Hi ladies. Well today was my first day back Op. So far so good. I even made it to the gym and i drank water all day. I am back up to 228, but i am not going to change my ticker cause i know i will lose it in the next couple of days. So i was thinking and i dont think that i am drinking enough water. How do i figure out how much i should drink.

lilybelle
10-16-2006, 11:39 PM
Sandra, I can't remember how they figure how much water we should drink. I do know that at 160 lbs. that I was supposed to drink 80 oz. a day. I don't drink that much. I probably get about 60 oz. of water daily. Plus, I drink a lot of coffee and crystal light. Maybe someone else will remember the formula to calculate the water for you. I wouldn't worry about changing the ticker yet , I fluctuate by a couple lbs. and leave mine the same. If I go weeks and can't get it to go back down, then I change mine. Otherwise, I'd be changing mine every day.

Arkansas Kel
10-17-2006, 07:57 AM
I am proud of myself this am. I weighed in and had lost about 3 more lbs. I have exercised (upper body light weight machine work) every other day this last week. I have held off on lower body due to left knee injury. Should be resuming aerobic this week (heck, TODAY is it I guess). I do my stair machine for a few minutes - low intensity at it. I have a lot of trouble walking - heel spurs are bad and I work as a nurse so I walk them to death at work already. Anyway, have eaten 40 or fewer net carbs per day this last week and felt like a queen at that many and still losing weight so my stick-to-it-ness is in good shape.

I think I have heard you should drink half your wt in ounces of water - if you way 200 that would be 100 oz - I can't do that much - I'm a water hater to begin with.

Everyone stick to your plans - one more week is one more week's results!!!
Kel

beach bum
10-17-2006, 09:33 AM
Good Morning Ladies :)

Going out with my friend for lunch. I going to find something on the menu that doesn't have any carbs.

HAVE TO THINK ABOUT PORTION CONTROL.ALSO THINKING ABOUT EXCERCISING MORE NOW THAT THE WINTERS COMING WALKING OUTSIDE IS GOING TO BE ROUGH.With the snow & ice weather.

LILY-Sorry:sorry: about Your SIL vacation,we're watching closely as our cruise is taking off the Sunday after Thanksgiving:turkey:.So far they didn't have anything about cancellation on their web site.

Ilovemike-I'm not changing my ticker either as I was off program over the weekend and I'm up also.With the water intake I away heard 1/2 your weight so if your 228-114 oz. [two 32 oz tumbler of water plus 2 mugs plain tea or 2-8 0z crystal lite] would do it.

Hugs :) BB

lilybelle
10-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Good morning everyone. I am feeling sick. Yesterday when I took a nap, I aspirated a little. Now my throat is terribly sore and swollen and I feel horrible. I'll be at my doctor tomorrow if I don't get to feeling better. I am very prone to pneumnoia. I am feverish now and have chills also. Wheezing a little. My stomach hurts and I don't feel like eating. Hope to feel better tomorrow, I hate going to doctors.

Kel, WTG on the exercise and wt. loss, great job.

carolr3639
10-17-2006, 12:02 PM
Sure hope you get better, Lily. Last winter I had a terrible bout of illness for a month.........fever, sore throat, weakness. I would get up take a shower, go back to bed, eat, go back to bed, do a few chores, go back to bed. It was awful. Finally went to my gp and he said if I didn't get better in 2 weeks I'd have to go back to Mayo. That's all I needed to get better! I am thanking the Lord I have not had it since.

lilybelle
10-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Carol, that is what I am doing. I feel like every time I get up for a couple hrs. that I need to go back to bed. Even mega-coffee isn't keeping me awake. It wore me out a minute ago just to start a load of laundry.

beach bum
10-17-2006, 04:22 PM
OH!! LILY-Sorry You're not feeling well. :getwell: I didn't realize you were ill until now. Take care an get plenty of rest:cloud9:,you must of caught something somewhere. Germs are all over.My DH and I use perill hand sanitizer when we go shopping and touch the shopping carts,the minute we get back in the car we use the Perill. Hope you don't get pneumnoia,especially if your prone to get it.Get well :getwell: soon

ilovemike4alwayz
10-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Well guys I just dont know how much more i can take. My brother and my husband have never really gotten along and now my brother heard some rumors about me and is no longer talking to me. I just dont know what to do anymore. I went Off program today. That made me feel even worse. I just dont know what to do anymore. I know that they say dont run away from your problems, but i would just like to go where no one knows me and start over.

angiepangie1
10-18-2006, 08:11 AM
Lily....you are truly my inspiration. I started here a few weeks ago...introduced myself as a newbie, then proceeded to gain 6 more pounds before finally getting serious. I think I had a "lightbulb" moment last Friday when I pulled out all my jeans and even the largest ones would not zip. Stayed in all weekend feeling depressed, then decided this has to stop. Most people tell me that Atkins is just a diet. I have lost on Atkins before, but of course gained it back as soon as I started with the carbs again. That's just it!You can make a lifestyle change with Atkins and leave off the bad carbs forever....Lily, you have proved that! I started with Atkins Phase 1 on Saturday and as of this morning, I am down 8 lbs. I think I actually eat healthier when I do this. I eat lots of fish and chicken, but limit the red meat to once or twice a week. I am in the most miserable marriage and I have used that as an excuse for emotional eating. It is time for me to take that power back and use it in a positive way. I need all of you guys...for support and accountability!

beach bum
10-18-2006, 08:32 AM
Dear ilovemike-I know how you feel. I want to do the same thing "go away where no one knows me and start over again."this morning.I had a good cry and dh comfort me,I feel a little better.TG I don't have the problem you do,but We're here to comfort & help you though,please keep on posting.

The best thing is to confront your brother and ask where these rummors come from. Don't lose you friendship with your brother,its not worth,Have faith, things will work out.You'll see things always seem dark,but the rainbow is just around the corner.

Hope I helped

beach bum
10-18-2006, 09:03 AM

My eating hasn't been where I want it to go.I have no problem during the day my snacking is a night while watching television. Sometimes I just can't control my habit. Dh says I watching to many food TV shows and I should go to another channel,I thinking maybe hes right,the food that I see being cooked might be triggering my eatting at night. Going to give is a try and see if thats the culprit and why I'm sabotaging my weight loss effects.

LILY-Hoping you're feel better today,its horrible when you're not feeling well. What did the doctor say:listen: you have???????????Having a high fever and not being able to get out of bed,seem like the symphoms are leading to the flu or worse like you said before pneumnoia.Sending you well :getwell:wishes and hope you over it fast.

Angie- Big :congrat: congrats on your 8 lb loss.Thats a great achievement keep it going. I 'm new also to the Atkins plan I have been on it since Aug.,I'm lossing inches right now,as my scale is stuck at 150. Hoping it will move down again soon.You came to the right place for support & motovation,we have a friendly and caring group of ladies on this board. :welcome2:welcome back,and keep on posting.

Have to get ready for todays chores

lilybelle
10-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Good morning everyone. I still feel sick this morning. My oldest step-daughter came over last night and talked me and DH into going to play bingo with her. I shouldn't have went. That place is so smoky, I could barely breathe. Now, I feel even worse with a cough this morning and aching in my ribs. I need to go to my Dr. but I can't. I'm babysitting my 4 month old grandson while his mom has an MRI this morning. Maybe I can make it to go tomorrow. This baby really shouldn't be around me right now, but she had no one else to watch him.

Angie, Thanks. I do fully believe that Atkins can be a way of life. I like eating this way. Not feeling starved and I do eat healthier than I did before. I eat a lot more veggies. I do eat fruit if I want it and it hasn't hurt my weight. I think the type of carbs make a difference. If I eat extra bread, I gain. If I eat a fruit, no gain. I try to use lean protein. I like chicken and we eat it a lot. I have many others tell me that Atkins is just a "diet" and the wt. loss is not permanent and many said it's all "water weight". I don't believe this for a minute. I didn't lose 94 lbs. of water. Many people don't understand this way of eating, but my physician recommended low carb for me. Congratulations on the 8 lbs. lost, WTG. That is fantastic. Sorry to hear of your marital problems, I have a lot of experience in that department and know how stressful it can be. Look at it this way, getting healthy will make you even that much more confident if things don't work out for you. I like the saying that "men are like busses, as soon as you miss the first one, another will come along in 10 minutes". Coming from someone that has been married 3 times, this rings very true for me.

Sandra, sorry to hear of what you are going through. Try to face your problems head-on and this too shall pass. HUGS.

Hi BB, sometimes a good cry is what we need. HUGS.

beach bum
10-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had a busy morning didn't have time to post on any board.Was able to power walk along the beach,what a beautiful day we have for walking.

Going to plan on exercising more than I have,was inspirated by the TV program Biggest Loser last night,and came to the conclusion that I have been more of a couch potato with my 20 minute mark.

LILY-Hope your feeling better today.Feel great this morning,I guess I needed that cry:cry:I know what you mean about the Atkins diet,it always gets a bad name,but if you never tried it don't knock it. that my thinking. I was on so many "HEALTHY" so they say diets and my weight was climbing on the scale.Until I talked to my doctor and he believed that I was very carb sensitive.So he suggested the Atkins diet as hes on it and it left him satisfied when eating low carbing.I like eating this way also,and I find that bread is my downfall.[I'm baking Revolution rolls and other low carb bread baking.]otherwise if I have them with my meals I gain.

WHERES EVERYBODY, I'M THE ONLY ONE POSTING TODAY

Have a good one

lilybelle
10-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Hi all, I may be missing from posting for a while. I am getting sicker. Waiting for my DH to get home at 3PM. I need to go to the doctor. My headaches, fever, rash, congestion, sore throat, every bone aches and I have severe shortness of breath today. I slept til 1PM. Had my DD cook a late breakfast, because I didn't have the energy to fix us any food. I'll be back as soon as I'm able.

angiepangie1
10-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Good morning everyone! I am down one more pound today...so exciting! It is hard to believe you can lose weight and NEVER be hungry. And just so ALL of you know, it really helps me to come here to chat and know that we are all in the same boat. You guys are really an inspiration to me, so don't go anywhere...I'm gonna need you on this journey! Lily, you may not be posting on here but I truly hope you get better soon! Everyone have a great weekend!

beach bum
10-20-2006, 11:18 AM

What a day we're having,rain all day. I going to an Octoberfest at our center so I don't know what I'll be eating for lunch. Oh !!I forgot, we don't have a lunch thread. Got my biking riding done and this evening will go on my stepper.

LILY-This is hanging on too long you better make an appointment with the doctor. You don't want to get worse. Take car,and sending :getwell: wishes for a speedy recovery.

ANGIE-Big :congrat: Congrats on your one pound weightloss. I W-I in Monday Hope I have the same luck.

RobinW
10-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Good Morning :rain:

Lily~ feel better soon
Angie~ WTG on your lbs gone!! :woo:

Well, its october, and Im already feeling the drearies I get in Jan/Feb. Usually sept is very warm and sunny here, but this year its been very rainy. Blah!! So Ive started my vit d today........its going to be a very long winter :(

Eating hasnt been great, but today is another day.

Have a good day ladies.

lilybelle
10-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Hi everyone. Thanks for the well wishes. Just wanted to let you all know that I am now on antibiotics and cough med's. Still feel lousy but hope to better soon. I'll catch up more later when I feel better.

RobinW
10-21-2006, 06:19 AM
Happy Saturday :wave:

Its been crazy busy around here, and the stress is getting to me. Well actually to my stomach...Im eating tums like crazy :(

Im off, we have another trade show today.......I'll check back later.

Leenie
10-21-2006, 08:12 AM
TGIS Ladies ;)

beach bum
10-21-2006, 02:05 PM

Didn't do too good eating wise at the Octoberfest yesterday. Not sure wehether I will go on the scale at Monday W-I. Had a low carb pizza from a L/C recipe site.It was pretty good. It was make from flaxseed meal,witht the reg topping. A 12" crust was only 7 grams I ate 1/2 so I had 3 grams + the topping come to 4.2 effective carb grams.So I'm back on Program :carrot: again.

ROBIN-Know what you mean,it was too cold and windy to walk along the beach.I have to rely on other methods
of indoor activity.

LILY-Glad to here your getting better.When you get a chance,we'll be here for you.

Leen-I second that emotion.

Have a nice weekend ladies

lilybelle
10-21-2006, 07:17 PM
Hi everyone, I'm still not up to par. Catch up with all of you later.

beach bum
10-22-2006, 02:13 PM

Nothing new at my end,met my friends at our Sunday Morning Brunch. I brought my L/C bread with me. Eatting the l/c pizza yeasterday afternoon made with flaxseed meal,really gave me tummy ache. I guess my bodys not use to all that fiber.Have to be careful when adding fiber back for a while.I think I'm going to take it easy for a couple of days.

Not going to W-I tomorrow as I'm too bloated,from the fiber.

Hugs:) BB

lilybelle
10-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Hi everyone. I was still feeling pretty bad earlier today but feel a little better this evening. Hope everyone is doing great. My eating has been on program when I have felt like eating at all. Mostly I have just stayed in bed. See you all soon.

needtolose4me2
10-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Lillyl - I hope that you get well real soon! Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Angie - COngrats! This place really is a God-send! It has gotten me through some tough times as well. What I did when I thought I had no control over anything inmy life, (everything was going bad from my family to my husband to money. You name it.) I thought I was going to lose it. I always turned tofood to comfort me and then I decided that my weight is something that I could actually CONTROL and I put all my energy into getting fit. When I felt helpless about everything else I knew I could control what happened on that scale at the end of the week and that gave me some self confidence again and self motivation. Now I'm happy to say that since I am happy with myself, I have in turn started to take control over other things in my life as well. Just don't give up/ get on line here when ever you feel the need to !

Sandra - My advice is basically the same as what I told Angie above. DO it for you. Do it in spite of everyone else. You have to take an "I'll show them" attitude. Don't let things get you down. You have to keep fighting.

Robin - enjoy your trade show! try not to get so stressed!

Beach bum - Hi! how are those pounds coming? sounds like you have the carbs under control! way to go!

Maggie