Support Groups - FRIENDS FIRST -Desperately Need A Diet Buddy #24

Fat in Hong Kong
10-16-2006, 01:42 AM
Ok Ladies, here's the new thread. Brandy, I hope that some of the others will find their way back here to rejoin us ... You know who you are ... come back, we miss you!

happy dance dot
10-21-2006, 12:01 AM
Okay so I'm REEEEALLY excited I found you girls again:carrot::hug: ...its been quite a while...maybe like 2yrs already :(...this is Dorothy...Dot, remember me????:?:

I hope you do, if not I hope we could touch base again...I have gained most of my weight back and DESPERATELY NEED a diet buddy or two or three, lol.

I will start the WW diet again on the flex points this coming Monday.

SW:169.5 (last time my max was 175 and I got down to 150)

1st mini goal: 159....so I have 10.5lbs to go

GW: 120lbs

Still need to go back and get the hang of this whole site again....just glad I was alble to find you again...too my a while browsing thru all the forums, lol:^:

Fat in Hong Kong
10-21-2006, 12:52 AM
Dorothy, yes I remember you and it's great to have you back!:) Like you, it's been a long time since most of posted on this thread, and I'm hoping that we can get a few of the others to rejoin us and get back on track.

I think you've done really well not to get back up to your previous max weight ... it's the right time for you to get back on track. I wish I could say the same for myself. However, my weight has been steadily increasing over the past 12 months or so, and if I don't do something soon I fear that it's going to start causing me some serious health problems. I already feel tired all the time, I have aches and pains everywhere, which I know are due to the extra weight I'm carrying around with me. My family have a history of various illnesses such as heart disease, hypertension, and breast cancer ... all of which are more likely if you are overweight ... I don't want to be next!

Hope to see you here regularly ... and Good Luck!:)

NicoleNYC
10-22-2006, 11:26 PM
Hello (and welcome back!)! Did you put a link in the old thread? If that doesn't work, we can start with PMs and work up to emails to harass people into coming back.

This is going to sound crazy, but we just suspended our JC deliveries. The weather is changing and I'd like to be able to COOK once in a while - you know, something not heated in the micro? I have a LOT of motivation to keep on working on my weight, but not much to keep up with JC for now. I need something different.

Right now what I need is SLEEP!

Night!

B

Fat in Hong Kong
10-23-2006, 01:51 AM
Brandy, I didn't put a link in the old thread ... basically because I don't know how to!:?: But I did mention on the old thread that we were starting a new thread which could be found under "FRIENDS FIRST - Desperately Need A Diet Buddy #24", so hopefully they'll be able to find their way there should they wish to rejoin us ... And of course, any newcomers wanting to join in will be more than welcome!!:)

I don't think you're crazy for suspending your JC deliveries ... After trying many, many, different kinds of diets over the years, I am now firmly of the opinion that "Real Food" is the way to go ... you know, the stuff that you actually put together yourself using fresh ingredients and cook it in the oven/on the hob/on the grill, or whatever. I'm not saying that I never use pre-packed/micro stuff, but I think if you are limited to certain foods/meals etc., you soon become bored with them and find it difficult to carry on with a particular diet, which is a huge waste of money. Far better to eat real food and keep any eye on those cals/portion control ... that's my theory anyway ... I need to put it into practice!! ... And of course, I will!!:)

NicoleNYC
10-23-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm with you - JC was not my like, life long plan or anything. We were just desperate as the baby was up 10 - 12 times a night, I was up all night and sleeping in the day so I could care for her, nothing was getting cooked, and the idea of planning a list and buying food was enough to bring me to tears. I saw the commercial and thought...this is it. Something to control my eating (because as it was, I would just grab something if and when) and no prep! Yay!

Things are somewhat better with the baby and sleeping, not perfect but BETTER and I feel like real food again. Althought the Jenny wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Some of it was pretty good (and some of it was pretty horrible!).

Hope everyone finds us!

B

happy dance dot
10-31-2006, 02:29 PM
Hi Girls!

Okay so want to report that even with all the caos in my life right now I've managed to come down to 165:D. Just to summarize I may be switching jobs because my current job may be closing shop, but I havent heard back from the new job I thought I basically had so that's a bit frustrating. In addition, I'm dog training and taking my certification test in two weeks:^: keeping my fingers crossed on that one...just a lot going on right now.

Brandy: Its good to see you here. Right now I've been doing the WW dinners and some lunches because I just dont have the time. I also discovered the Zone dinners and those are pretty tasty...I'm hoping it'll be a while before I get bored...because I know it'll happen, lol.

Fat in Hong Kong: I forgot your name :( , but I totally remembered the screen name and was happy to find you girls again. I understand about the health probs. I'm on the same boat here...you name its somewhere in the family...its like the two most unhealthiest families joined forces, lol:lol:

higherfaith
10-31-2006, 09:50 PM
Hello Ladies , may I join you all? it would be nice to have a buddy while I am losing weight and since I am on here everyday checking the boards I would love to join in.

Fat in Hong Kong
11-03-2006, 08:39 AM
Higherfaith - please do join us:welcome2: I normally check-in most days so I'm here to give you support and encouragement when you need it:)

Dot, well done on getting down to 165, that's great! Any news about the new job yet? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you:crossed: My name by the way is shown in my signature at the bottom of all my post ... in HUGE pink letters ... can you see it??:lol:

Brandy, how are things going with you and the 'real' food?

Well, I haven't even got off the starting mark yet, so in a fit of desperation I signed up online yesterday to a UK Slimming Club ... Slimming World. I've been thinking about it for a while now and finally made the decision to do it. The plan seems pretty straight forward and sensible ... healthy normal food, no counting points/cals/fats, etc, and lots of 'Free' foods to eat so that I shouldn't get hungry. I really need to do this because I can't go on the way I am ... every week I get on the scales and the numbers are steadily increasing. So wish me luck!:)

higherfaith
11-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Well , hello everyone. gots lots going on today for me ..... I hve pulled Christmas stuff out and have finished with the last of the large trees , I have a friend that is getting married on Sat. so I have to make her bouquet , I was so busy with decorations here today that I forgot to eat so I am sitting down to a treat of raisins and nuts , ( just a little to get my energy back). anyway thats about it for me today.
Take care

NicoleNYC
11-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Christmas already! I am not prepared. It's going to be tough to keep my little one off the tree. She's such a climber!

Nic, I hear such great things about Slimming World! Let us know how it's going.

Dot, oh what I would give to be 165!

Things are ok here. We're still finishing off the last of the JC food (it's endless) and Mark is begging to go on "the fake Atkins" diet. Which is essentially a lot of salads, a lot of broccoli, cauli, berries, lean protein, etc. Very clean and whole foods and labor intensive on my part but I will admit, when we eat like that I fairly ZING with energy. Whatever keeps the scale moving, I'm willing!

Take care...I'm going to check out that Tahiti vacation banner right over there ----->

Fat in Hong Kong
11-08-2006, 02:04 AM
Higherfaith ... What do you mean, you've pulled the Chirstmas stuff out and have finished with the last of the large trees???? ... Please don't tell me it's that time already?!:eek: As you said you're making your friends wedding bouquet, I'm hoping you're going to say that you're a florist and that's why you're sorting out Christmas trees and decorations on the 8th November? Or are you just an early bird?:xcheer:

Brandy, it's only my first week, but the Slimming World plan is going pretty well. Food-wise, I haven't felt hungry at all, so I haven't felt the need to snack on 'naughty' things. When I first signed up online and printed out all the info, I thought that it looked like it might be a bit complicated and was worried that I'd have problems sticking with it. However, I'm pleased to say that after reading everything over the first few days and divuldgeing(sp?) all the info, it seems pretty straight forward. What I really like about it is that there are so many 'free' foods, so you never have to go hungry ... and I'm not constantly counting and weighing food!

I don't know if you know the plan at all, but basically you choose either 'original' days or 'green' days ... on 'original' days you get to eat free foods which include loads of lean meat (inc. bacon) & poultry, fish & seafood, eggs, veggies & fruit ... on 'green' days you get to eat free foods which include pasta, rice, potatoes, grains, pulses, eggs, veggies & fruit ... In addition to that, there's a 'Healthy Extras' list including certain foods that you are allowed depending on whether you choose an 'original' or 'green' day. Any other foods that you want, you count as 'syns' ... you're allowed 5-15 'syns' per day, just like having extra points or cals for treats, so no foods are banned. Gosh, reading back through what I've just typed, it sounds very complicated:dizzy: ... but now I've got the hang of it, it's really easy ... honest!:D The only thing I'm concerned about, is that I seem to be eating rather a lot ... but they say I can eat as much as I like of the free foods ... Mmmmmm???? ... We shall see .....:chin:

higherfaith
11-08-2006, 04:07 PM
good afternoon all. I'm not a florist but I have done flowers for 5 weddings . I love Christmas and I have a large house so I like to start early to get all the trees out and the decorations in place for people to enjoy. Since I have lost weight I do have much more engery and so I take advantage of it. this year I have 9 trees to do , and on Christmas eve I will be entertaining around 30 people. so far my diet plan is holding firm , I will prepare light foods for hubby and I while others will dine on what else I make. Have a great day everyone!!

Fat in Hong Kong
11-09-2006, 01:28 AM
Higherfaith, I'm very impressed with your organisational skills ... I wish I could be more organised ... I say every year that I'm going to start planning things early ... like buying all the pressies, and decorating etc ... but I always seem to be rushing around at the last minute!:dizzy: Oh well, for me that's part of the fun ... I love all the excitement with the build up to Christmas. This year we have friends from the UK coming to stay with us. They arrive on Christmas Eve and will also be here for New Year's Eve, so we're really excited about that.:cb: It should be fun!!:woo:

Well, it's my first weigh-in day tomorrow since I started the Slimming World plan ... I'll let you know how I get on:crossed:

NicoleNYC
11-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Nic, that does sound complicated but...so do most diets at first. I guess as long as you understand it, that's what matters :dizzy: Fingers crossed for your first weigh in! Good luck!

And um, yeah, not so Christmas-ready around here either. We have already bought, wrapped, and shipped gifts to DH's family in the UK and we have several things for S and I'm done shopping for DH. I have a few other gifts here and there but I am by no means ready to decorate. Although, I should get the tree up so I can start wrapping gifts and putting them under there...they are stashed in every spare corner.

Diet is...well, I have no idea. I keep forgetting to weigh, which usually means I'm stagnating. The days are just getting away from me. I need to take a few minutes tonight to regroup!

Everyone take care,
B

higherfaith
11-12-2006, 05:41 PM
well it sure has been a long week! The wedding is finally over , the bride looked wonderful. Nichola , I wished I was organized person but I'm not , I am a fly by the seat of their pants type of person just wanting to look at the decorations early ( my kids say I need therapy !!) LOL Next week loosk peaceful ... I hope it will be for all of you . Take care now .
higherfaith

NicoleNYC
11-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Still no tree up here...only 42 days to go! And as it's a "baby's first" I am wondering how we're going to keep her grabby little hands out of everything.

Fingers crossed with the diet. I hate to even get into it as that is usually the first step to my going off the rails. I'm keeping a journal and checking it twice and reminding myself of all the beautiful new clothes that will look SO much better if I lose a few. And also, I am in like a grand total of TWO pics with our daughter. That's just nuts. I can NOT get ok with how I look in pics, so I'm just going to have to work on myself till I look better. I mean that in a much more positive way than it sounds, I swear.

Ok, plans for this week...

Keep my journal.
Pay attention to hunger and no mindless eating.
END THE NIGHT TIME SNACK PROWL!!!

Take Care,
B

higherfaith
11-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Journaling is a good thing and a good way to keep yourself in check. do you have an accountability friend that you can call? I am for my friend , I tell her that she can get the weight off just keep on keepin on . I know you can do it too , small goals . I like to look at it at 1 to 2 pounds a week thats only 4 to 6 pounds a month , with regular activity and smart eating choices you can do it! :) . my goal for the rest of this month is 2 pounds! I think I can , I think I can ..... I KNOW I will! :)

Take care now.
higherfaith

Fat in Hong Kong
11-13-2006, 01:32 AM
Hi Ladies,

Well, I weighed-in on Friday for the first time since starting the Slimming World plan ... I lost a grand total of 1.5lbs ... not a great start for the first week, but I guess it's better then nothing:^: I have been keeping a journal ... and I know exactly where I can improve ... so fingers crossed for a better week!:crossed:

Still no tree up here either ... as we always buy a real one, and the weather here is still fairly warm around Christmas time, we tend not to get one until closer to Christmas ... otherwise there'd be no needles left on the branches when the big day came around ... although I guess if I watered it regularly like I'm supposed to it would last longer!:o

Keep up the good work girls!:)

NicoleNYC
11-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Nic, 1.5 is great. Did you gain? No. You made this week count. Think how all those 1.5s will add up!

No real tree here, we are an allergy family. I'd love a real one but...it would be one miserable Christmas.

HF, I don't tend to do well with an accountability buddy...for whatever reason, I tend to do better with less diet TALK and more diet DO. I don't know why. Everytime I start to talk about it or analyze it too closely, it all falls apart! So I have my journal so the day won't get away from me and I'll leave it at that for now.

Also, S has a bad cold and all are miserable here. She's not sleeping well and just generally pitiful and she's so sad. WHY do colds drag on for soooo long? She needs a break!

RaffaellaBella
12-28-2006, 12:25 AM
Hi, All. Remember me? I'm back and trying to lose weight again. I've thought of you all so often and I kept telling myself I needed to get back on this forum. I've recently lost about 30lbs and what is different this time is that I'm attempting to focus on the health aspect of weight loss as opposed to the aesthetics. This doesn't mean that I don't sit around screaming to be a size L again. I want to see the L on my shirts, skirts, and pants. :carrot:

I hope your are all well and I'm looking forward to talking with all of you again.

Stay well,
Raffaella

Fat in Hong Kong
01-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Hi Raff ... Nice to hear from you again! I haven't been around for a while either ... fell off track and couldn't get back on, what with the run up to Xmas, and having visitors etc. Anyway, I'm back to work on Monday after the hols ... all the Xmas goodies are almost finished ... my son's 18th Birthday today ... he's out on the town with his friends this evening and we'll be having a family celebration tomorrow ... after that there's no more excuses! Well done on losing 30lbs, that's fantastic ... I hope to be able to join you in your success this year ... I hope 2007 is the year for me! Oh, and just in case you don't hear from me ... there was an earthquake in Taiwan last week and some major internet cables were snapped causing problems from millions trying to connect to the internet ... me included ... today is the first day that I've managed to get on to this site!! Catch up with you again soon!

Fat in Hong Kong
01-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Hi Raff, Brandy, and anyone else out there who wants to come back to the fold!

First day back at work today and it was hard! The early mornings are going to kill me!! I need to make an effort to get to bed earlier.

Weighed in this morning at 13st 4.5lbs (186.5lbs) ... the good news is that I think it's the first Christmas/New Year holiday in history that I haven't actually gained any weight! The bad news is that I'm still very overweight!:( But hopefully not for too long ... Fingers crossed that I can finally do it this year:crossed: I'm not making any resolutions, or promises to myself or anyone else ... I'm just going to quietly get on with it.

Hope to see a few more of you around here soon because it gets awfully lonely on your own!:hug:

Fat in Hong Kong
01-15-2007, 03:57 AM
Helloooooo ... Is anyone out there???? Raff, Brandy ... Where are you?? Come back, I need some company:hug:

Anyway, just a quick update ... weighed-in a couple of days ago and I'm down to 184.5lbs ... so I've made a start!:)

MsEcchs
04-17-2007, 11:36 PM
Wow! Can not believe it has been so long since I posted last. Things change quickly for me I tell you. We now live in Seattle, WA and my little guy is finishing off kindergarten! Brandy, your wee one must be running about now too!

Nichola! Glad to see you are still as diligent as ever. Hope your new start a couple of months ago stuck!

Raffaella...I hear you! I want to see L on my shirts too. One day maybe even an M! LOL

Jo? Are you still out there? Last time I heard, you had mentioned maybe moving to Canada... how did that turn out? How is school? How are your kids?

Sorry I've been gone for so long! I've had a busy year moving AGAIN even though I had vowed never again the LAST time. We live in a little town outside Seattle and are really enjoying ourselves. I did Jenny Craig for about 4 months last fall and am now on WW and doing well.

Hope you are all well!

Lorraine

MsEcchs
04-23-2007, 12:00 AM
Bump!

Fat in Hong Kong
05-06-2007, 04:22 AM
Hi Lorraine,

Good to hear from you again!

Well, my new start a few months ago didn't stick ... nothing surprising about that I guess!! But I have got to the stage now where I really am sick and tired of the way I feel and look. None of my clothes are fitting me and I'm fed up with having to buy bigger sizes ... which I'm now having trouble finding in Hong Kong!!

Thankfully, I've just found out that WW have started up a meeting close to where I live, on Monday nights, so I'm joining up tomorrow! I really do need the support of weekly meetings as I know I can't do it on my own ... the past years prove that! Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting started on the WW plan and I'm really excited about joining tomorrow's meeting:)

Hope things are going well for you in Seattle, and good luck with your WW plan!

MsEcchs
05-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Way to go Nichola! I hope your meeting went well. Mondays are my meeting days as well. I've been going about 12 weeks and am down 8.8 pounds. I am really trying to make a lifestyle change. More veg, more fish, less junk. Exercise is my next big hurdle. I have a foot injury that I am using as a great excuse right now. Not good. So I have committed to the Gym 5X this week. We'll see how it goes!

So glad to hear from you...I was afraid I had neglected you all for too long and you'd gone for good. So glad you aren't!

Lorraine

Fat in Hong Kong
05-22-2007, 01:50 AM
Hi Lorraine,

Glad to hear you're doing well with your WW plan ... I totally agree about it being a lifestyle change ... doesn't matter how long it takes, it's not a race to the goal post ... I'm plodding along slowly ... first weeks weigh-in I had a loss of 2lbs and this week stayed the same. I didn't expect a loss this week though as I've had so many functions to go to ... it was my son's Graduation Ceremony from High School on Thursday and there was a lunch provided for parents ... then on Thursday evening it was my son's Year 13 Formal Dinner and beforehand they had a cocktail reception for the parents ... and after that several of the parents hired a junk (type of boat) and had our own champagne celebration and buffet dinner on board whilst cruising around Hong Kong Harbour ... then it was hubby's birthday at the weekend ... all in all, I had far too much food and drink and couldn't even begin to count up the points!! Back on track now though and realise that I can't keep making excuses about having this or that function to attend ... that's all part of life and I need to work things in with my points a little better!!:o

RaffaellaBella
06-20-2007, 12:39 AM
Hi All. I'm back again. This time it is definitely for good because I'm diabetic and my doctor wants to up the dosage and I refuse to take another pill. So I've been following and diabetic foodplan for about a month now. Its hard as **** and a lot of work. I've had to buy and insulated bag because I'm dragging my food everywhere with me. :D I have no other choice.

Hope everyone is okay and hope to hear from you all soon.

Love,
Raffaella

Fat in Hong Kong
06-20-2007, 02:52 AM
Hi Raff,

Good to hear from you again ... it's been a long time! Sorry to hear about the diabetes, hope you can keep it under control with the right diet. I started WW a few weeks ago ... I've lost a few pounds but this week I've been BAD!! ... So I've probably put it all back on again!! Anyway, I'm still trying and I haven't given up so I'll be around if you need to chat or need some support ... I could certainly do with some!!

Hope to catch up with you again soon.

Fat in Hong Kong
06-25-2007, 01:09 AM
I didn't go to WW last week ... It's the end of term at school and I've had lots of social things to attend ... all of which have all included eating and drinking!:devil: However, I hopped on the scales this morning at home (my scales weigh the same as the WW ones) and I'm very pleased to say that I'm down by another:D 6lbs ... have no idea how that has happened:?: Anyway, I'm not complaining ... it's certainly given me the motivation that I need to carry on. Work has finished now for the summer holidays ... school doesn't start again until the end of August ... Yipppeee!! I'm off to the UK with the kids on 16 July for a couple of weeks to stay with my mom & dad, so we're really looking forward to that ... would be nice if I could lose a few more pounds before then!

Iwanawurkit
06-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Do you have to follow a certain 'journey' to post here? I need some motivated supporters to help me out and I hope to exchange likewise.

RaffaellaBella
06-26-2007, 05:41 PM
I just found my way back recently. Everyone is welcome here.

momma3times
07-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Hey guys. I don't know if you remember me or not b/c it's been about 2 yrs. since I've posted, but I am determined to lose this last bit of weight and I decided this was the best place to come for support. When I found this thread and saw familiar people I knew that I made the right decision to come back here.

Daniell