Support Groups - WINNING LOSERS WEEK OF OCT. 15th-21st

miafluker
10-15-2006, 09:45 PM
okay guys someone kick me i didnt start my 21 day challenge today so i think i may have to drop it down to a 7 day or 10 day challenge and work myself up to 21 day just a start still trying to get the details straight how is everyone? miss you guys

needhelp27
10-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Hey gals,

Sorry I havent posted, i have been so busy with homework or college stuff or friends, i barely get to see wut u are all doing. Hope everyone is good! I got a lil sidetracked this week with the food and ive been stayin up late doin hmwk so i cant seem to push myself outta bed at 6 a.m. but this week I need too.

We have a Pro-D Day (Professional Development Day) for teachers on friday so we get the day off and I am hopefully going to do a college tour (student for a day) thing on friday so we are going to leave on thursday after school and spend the night so i can go to some classes during the day and get a feel for the campus, so hopefully that works out. I will try and eat healthy this weekend.

Amanda-hope ur re-marriage goes well and congrats on it, i dont know if i have yet or not, i havent been on for so long.

Everyone else, hope yall r doin good, keep up the good work! miss ya tons!

Heather:)

Amany
10-16-2006, 05:44 AM
Good morning Lovelies!

Just wanted to start the week off by saying hello. :wave:
I won't be around as much anymore. I've decided that I need to devote more of my time to writing. I think I've mentioned before that I like to write children's stories. Do you ever have a now or never feeling? I feel that if I don't start really concentrating on my writing, and pursuing it, I'll lose more ground and won't be able to catch up.

So, please don't feel as if I've abandoned you all. I'll be reading your posts a couple of times per week and try to post at least once a week.

I hope you're all doing well. Have a great week everyone!!! :grouphug:

BTW, congrats on the lose Melissa! :bravo:

Butterfly50
10-16-2006, 08:15 AM
Good Morning to everyone . Been busy last week and didnt stay on plan. I have to get back intoo the working out and eating right. Well I di something crazy this weekend I cut all my hair off now it is above my shoulders. The long hair was jest staying pulled up all the time and I got tired of my husband laying on it and pulling it so I had it all cut off.

I hope that everyone one is doing well and hope to hear from all you guys soon. My coffee pot is calling my name. Catchn you all later.

Hun.e.B
10-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Good Monday Morning!

Mia...I'm with ya, I havent started my 21 day challenge either. No good reason either other than not taking the time to sit down and write it out. Way to go on your exercise minutes!! You are doing GREAT!!

Heather!...so good to see you pop in! I'm sorry you are so busy I hope that means its keeping you out of trouble!! Thanks for the little update though! I hope you can find time to keep those up! We miss you!

Bonnie...Good Morning!! I cut all my hair off earlier this summer, and now I'm trying to decide if I want to grow it out again! Back on plan today lady!! Have a wonderful monday!

Well I'm off to have a wonderful day! My plate is running over again with PTA stuff and homework, not to mention my housework, but I'll be here when you need me! Heck I'll be here when ya dont LOL!! Support is such a HUGE component to successful weightloss, please dont forget that in your busy lives. Be strong today everyone!! Make every choice count towards your goals! We can do this!!

Butterfly50
10-16-2006, 09:45 AM
OMG I jest had a great breakfast and I wanted to share with everyone. I Bought some ground pork from walmart last night and I made some sausage from it. it was soooo Good .

Here it is ,

Biggest winner breakfast sausage

1/2 pound extra lean ground pork or pork tenderloin ground
1 Tbs minced red onion ( I used the crushed red peppers)
1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp ground sage
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp salt
In a med bowl combined the pork , onion, garlic, thyme, sage, cayenne, black papper, and salt with clean hand or fork mix well divide into 4 egual parts . shape into a ball on a sheet of wax paper flatten on ball into 4in diameter . Can be refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to a month.

To cook
Set your skillet over med high heat. until hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it. take off heat and mist with olive oil . Set the patty in pan cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until just starting to turn brown and no longer pink in side. Serve immediately. I can say that I mixed a 1 1/2 pounds of this at once and I didnt add 1 TBS of the red peppers because I knew I couldnt do all that spice . I only added 1/2 .

I had
1 2oz sausage patty 140 calories
2 Egg Whites 40
1 Whole grain English muffin 130
1 Apple 80
------------
Total 390 calories
I bought the ground pork at walmart for 2.20$ a package it wasnt exactly what they recommend but I had to compromise. a full 4 oz patty was 290 calories. But this works for me. It was delicious too. Hope you guys try it. I will let you know when I try something else.

Hun.e.B
10-16-2006, 10:03 AM
Thanks for sharing the recipe Bonnie! I love sausage but havent allowed myself to have any!

~melissa

sapphire35
10-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Hello

I'm here I'll try to post later. Sorry

miafluker
10-16-2006, 05:33 PM
hi everyone Amanda good luck on your writing

bonnie thanks for the recipe sounds great
well i ate okay not perfect yet im still working on my exercise and water
baby has been sick so im sleep deprived
anyway ill update later
i know everyone is busy but please remember we all worked too hard to fall back now so lets keep up the good work!

Sugar-N-Spice
10-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Well I'm off to have a wonderful day! My plate is running over again with PTA stuff and homework, not to mention my housework, but I'll be here when you need me! Heck I'll be here when ya dont LOL!! Support is such a HUGE component to successful weightloss, please dont forget that in your busy lives. Be strong today everyone!! Make every choice count towards your goals! We can do this!!

Ain't this the truth!!! I know for me, if I can't get support I feel like I struggle twice as much. So I truly hope that everyone will be able to continue posting here to pitch in and also gain some motivational support for their own struggle. And like Melissa said, even when you don't need us, we'll be here anyways!! We're only a click away!!

So, hiya chicks. Sorry to have been MIA for days. I have just had a super nasty case of the blahs. Wednesday night I had to let my doggy go back to his original owner. That afternoon he got into a wicked fight with the dog upstairs. Long story, won't bore with the details, just that I took it very very very hard. Depression is such a nasty thing. I would never wish it on anyone. Not even my worst enemy. Ok. Well, maybe my MIL. :D :D Needless to say, I have fought to climb out of my hole and am finally feeling human again. Definitely have blown my dieting strategy to heck, but thats a whole other post. lol I had some bingeing days that were horrendous, so trying to not dwell on those and look to the future here and get on with it.

Melissa, I am so incredibly proud of your weight loss this past week. Simply fabulous! All you've got going on and you still managed to lose those pounds. What an inspiration. Not to mention, regardless of your busy schedule you always make some time for us, even if it's 2 min. just to drop a line and encourage us. Thanks for all you do here!

Mia, hiya hon! I hope the baby gets to feeling better quick. Poor thing. Good luck with that exercise and water. I know you can do it!

Amanda, well I'm bummed. To say that I wouldn't be sad to not see you here daily would be a lie. But I do understand that you gotta do what you gotta do. Take care and be good!!!

Bonnie, how ya doing lady! Sounds like you had a hectic coupla days, huh? I hope today is more normal for you so you can get back on track. I saw some ground pork at the grocery today and i thought of you and your sausage recipe. lol I hope you enjoyed it! Sounded YUM-O!

Heather, great to hear from you! I hope that everything's going alright with school & all. Take care and drop in whenever you get a chance!

Trish, hope everythings okay in your world today!

Well today has been a so-so day food wise. I ended up with a Subway sandwich and some chips for lunch after all my talk about doing things "right". Then I figured, it coulda been so much worse so I'm not worrying about it. However, dh and I cannot go grocery shopping together! lol The man is a lunatic when it comes to baked goods and snacks! I am gonna ditch him next time I swear I am! He's bad for me! :lol:

I sincerely hope that we'll have more of you drop in when you can. Newbies, if you're out there please let us know, we'd love to have you join us! I just can't believe what's happened to our little thread here. :(

♥ danielle

AlaskanMelody
10-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Hi Ladies,

Geesh, this trip is definitely NOT good food friendly. I'm just giving up until we get there. We should be off the road by Saturday. That will be nice. LOL We're having a very nice trip, but some days get long in the truck for 8-10 hours. The biggest glitch we had was that something happened to the computer and we had to call Dell and have it taken back to factory settings so we lost everything. It was not pretty. Plus, we didn't have use of it for about four days. But, all that matters is that is working now.

I caught something about a 21-day challenge...I'm in next week! Is everybody trying to start at the same time, or just whenever?

I hope you're all doing well.

Bonnie - that recipe looks really good!

I'm really looking forward to settling in again next week and getting down to business with all of you!

AlaskanMelody
10-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Danielle - sorry about the dog. Depression is not pretty. Been there, done that. I'm glad you are out of your funk now and sounding very positive.

Hun.e.B
10-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Good Morning losers! LOL! I hope everyone had a lovely Monday but we are moving on to Tuesday now! LOL!! I was pretty disciplined yesterday except that I forgot about my water! I sat at the computer doing fundraiser stuff for a good 6 hours yesterday and that whole time with no water bottle...shame! Today will be better. Today I have to get dressed up, I have a resume critique today, I havent had a resume since 1998 so its a little nerve racking wondering what these people are gonna say. I went last night to try on some blazers (I guess thats what you call em) and decided not to buy anything. Lord I'm tired of being fat!! Oh and i saw my mother last night she's lost 42 lbs now, she looks incredible. Although I saw her stuffing a hotdog into her mouth when I walked into her work, so I dunno how she's doing it! Anyway thats my inspiration, shes definetly alot smaller than me and I just cant have that! LOL!

Trish...hello!!! How's it goin?

Mia....I'm sorry to hear your baby is sick! I hope she's better today! Dont forget about taking care of yourself when taking care of her or you wont have anything left to give!

Danielle...I'm sorry to hear about the pup. Maybe you guys should go rescue a dog being as how good it was for your spirit and body. Thanks for the well wishes on my big loss last week lady, I can always count on you to be my #1 cheerleader!

Melody...traveling is so hard to stay on top of the good choices, the only thing you can do is make em where you can. And buckle down hard when you get settled. The 21 day challenge Trish introduced us to, she is doing great on it, I've yet to get my butt in gear and start it but I am going to! I swear I am! The good thing about it is that you can start whenever, we didnt have to start as a group.

Alright, shower time. Have a fantastic day everyone! Anyone lurking out there, hello! :wave: We'd love to hear from you!! Good choices today everyone! We can do this!

CartersMama
10-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Morning!!! I am baaaaack! :carrot:

Okay so camping sucked big time. I dont think I am going back out there for a loooong time. My dh took off on the bike I was going to ride crashed it and then the pipe was bent up into the seat.. so that was a no-go. Then.. It was so windy out there it wasnt even funny. I stayed friday night and left everyone on sat am. Well almost everyone. My sister went with me and so did one other girl.

Foodwise.. eh. Not so great. I am back today though. I am still sick! argh! I have not seen the gym in almost 2 weeks now. I suck. I had to go in to the drs and have some stuff (girly) done. Not fun. So now I am cramping from that now. If its not one thing its another, I swear. But one good thing out of all of this, is on my scale at home it is still saying low numbers! I was lower on the dr scale too! YAY! I havent wanted to update my ticker yet though just incase it was a strange fluke.

Danielle, so sorry about the dog! Hugs x Million!!! I am sorry to hear what you are going through. Been there done that too, and not that long ago. We are all here for you girly!

Mia, Sorry to hear about the baby being sick!!! That is always not fun. :(

Melissa, have a great time today! I am with you on the water thing. I need to get my butt drinking!!!!

Amanda, that is great that you are going to start doing something that you have wanted to! More power to you!! We will miss you, and I hope you will still pop on from time to time!

Melody, sorry to hear about the comp! But I am glad it got fixed! Have a safe trip the rest of the way!

Sugar-N-Spice
10-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Good Morning Ladies!

I swear, I feel like I am running around like a chicken with its head cut off! I haven't been able to focus on one thing today yet and it's driving me nuts! I think because the kids have a half day today its throwing me off somehow. All I know is, I've started like 4 projects since 7am and I am in the middle of all of them. My house looks like a tornado hit it! LOL Focus darnit!

Melody, it's great to hear from you!! I was hoping we'd get an update soon. Bummer about the computer. I hope you guys didnt lose pics or anything?! Can't wait til you guys are settled, will give you lots more time with us. :D

Stacia, what a bummer about camping!!! Great news about the scale though! Woo hoo!!! Even nicer to be even lower at the docs, gotta love that! I hope that you are feeling like yourself soon. I swear I was sick for about 4 weeks straight too, so I know what you're going through. Yeah, pretty bummed about the doggy! :(

Melissa, I will ALWAYS be your #1 cheerleader. Like it or not, you're stuck with me! :p Good golly woman, 6 hours in front of the computer?!?! I think I woulda needed something stronger than water to sit there like that. lol I know you will be brilliant at your critique today! Did you find anything new to wear? I cannot even believe how much your mom's lost, wow! What exactly is she doing? Especially if she can eat some hot dogs and lose weight? LOL You will get there lady, I know you will!

Girls, thanks so much for the hugs regarding my doggy situation. Yeah, I got real attatched. We bonded quickly and had a great time the short time he was here. I think maybe if his personality hadn't been so big and boisterous I wouldn't have grown so attatched & would've been alot easier to say goodbye, but he was such a doll.

Anyone heard of a book called Intuitive Eating? I am going to try and find it. I think I am finally done with dieting as a whole. Of course, I say that now, but probably won't be none too happy if I gain another 10 pounds! LOL I need to really find a way to get off this roller coaster I've been on for the last 5 years. I've dieted my way up to the highest weight I've ever been at, and it sucks. I'll let ya know what I find out about it.

Ladies, have a great day! I've got to run to the craft store and find a wooden dowel for DD's Union flag for school. The entire 7th grade is doing a reenactment of Gettysburg on Thursday and they all had to make flags, costumes and rifles,etc. Been a stressful week, not to mention quite spendy! But hey, as long as she looks good, right?! lol

Be good to you!

♥ danielle

Hun.e.B
10-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Stacia...Oh I'm sorry to hear that camping was so bad! The scale is moving!! Yay!!! I hope you are feeling a little better, and the cramping has subsided. Aint it grand being a woman! LOL!!

Danielle...I just love that your school gets to do all that fun stuff. I'd love for our school to do just ONE thing. And you know I wouldnt have it any other way with you being my #1 cheerleader. Not sure what momma is doing to lose weight other than just not eating at all. I cant wait for you to get into this book and start sharing some good info with us!

Another busy night here with afterschool programs and fieldtrips and parent meetings. I'm making Italian chicken spaghetti...yum! My favorite! And so low fat even if I overdue it, its okay! Where is bonnie today?

have a great night all!

~melissa

Hun.e.B
10-18-2006, 09:46 AM
Good Wednesday morning! Where did everyone go?

I had such a great day yesterday! I made excellent food choices all day long, didnt overeat anything and I got in all my water! I had a mini victory at my parent meeting a huge bag of chocolate was put in front of me and I didnt have one single piece even though I hadnt had dinner yet and it sure smelled good! I won!

Some kid threatened another to bring a gun to school today so our schedule is all thrown off this morning, I refuse to send my daughter to school until I've talked to the office and find out what precautions have been taken. 11 years old and this is the stuff we have to deal with, what is this world coming to?

Okay I'm off to make more fantastic choices today! I hope that you are too!

~melissa

Butterfly50
10-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Hello Ladies Sorry I havnt been around much. I have had the worst time with my allergies again jest getting over it again this is like the 3rd time this week. I may have to see my doc about it again. All because some one needed to burn this week. Well I weighed in this morning and it said that I gained three pounds but I can understand that when I was having my attacks I didnt stay on plan . I will get it back. I did Leslie this morning 3 miles the new walk and diet. Was pretty good.
Melissa sorry to hear about the school problems what this world will come to. Congrats to you for not choosing the chocolate .

Danielle so many things going on at school. Ours does alot of stuff mostley field trips they go to soo many fun places. They realy dont cost alot either. I had to pay 2 dollars for my DD to go to the aquarium next week to learn more about the different aquarium life. The other one is going to some Babar exhibit.

Stacia camping I remember when we last went it was terriable I told my DH I wont be going for a long time. went with other family and it was a total disater I can tell you I will sleep in my own bed for a long time.

Well I better be going i have soo much to get done Now I am feeling better and the Party is over. Catch you all later.

Sugar-N-Spice
10-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Good Morning Gang! :sunny:

I will be glad when this week is over! Too many things going on at once, I can't deal! lol No, but then next week is even worse I think. Kids have 2 half-days, 1 day no school, 2 eye appts, 2 dentist appts. and a party. Good Lord, I need an assistant! :D

I am proud to say that my DD's flag we made looked amazing when it was all done. All the kids had to bring them in today and man, we kicked butt! Compared to the others we saw, she better get an A! lol No, I'm not a competitive mom or anything!!

Melissa, I can't believe whats going on at school! Just crazy I tell ya, all this violence these kids are growing up with. I hope everything turns out safe for everyone. WTG on another stellar day!!!! Good choices lead to good numbers on the scale. Good for you!!!! OMG, and the chocolate thing! I know I wouldn't have been able to stay away--you know me and my chocolate! lol Hope today is another super day for you. :)

Bonnie, aw man, that stinks about allergies. My DD has really bad allergies too, she usually suffers in the Spring months. However, this year they're saying that allergies are an issue even for winter time! Must be true because she is starting with her sniffles and sneezing. I hope you get to feeling better soon!! 3 pounds? No way! Its just water. Especially if you're taking some meds for your allergies...you're more n likely holding water. It'll all go away once you get going again, I just know it!

Not much going on for me over here except headed to storage for Halloween stuff. I swear, the older I get the more I forget. Totally forgot that yep, this would be a good time to have the Halloween stuff up?? Ditz! Today I am going to focus on water and listening to my hunger. Reading this book (intuitive eating) has really raised some valid points for me. Mainly, do I even know what REAL hunger is? I'm not so sure I do. I'm so regimented on a schedule of when I do things, including my eating that I think I've lost sight of some valuable tools. A work in progress I tell ya! :)

Have a super day ladies! I hope some of you that haven't been in for awhile will get a chance to come by and update us on your lives! We miss you! Newbies, please, jump right in!!

♥ danielle

miafluker
10-18-2006, 12:52 PM
i everyone how are you? i decided to start my 21 day challenge but i decided not to take on too much right now im only going to challenge myself with the exercise and water for right now and then i will add calories later what i realized is that i take too much time with charts for diets and stuff that i forget to write everything down and its so time consuming i basically have to use my judgement on what i eat so today so far i ate whole wheat french toast with plums and cantaloupe and low calorie syrup i think it was a good choice i had almost 20 oz of water so far

sapphire35
10-18-2006, 02:34 PM
HeLLo Ladies

Mia that is fine what you choose on your challenge, it has to be obtainable for you. Those are very good challenge choses.

I apologize for the lack of posting. I just can't seem to sit still in one spot long enough. I have gotten home after 10:30 every nght this week. My H is doing a lot of side jobs right now so that doesn't help at all.

Melissa great job on the food choices.

Danielle sorry about the pet pup. I bet you feel like you lost a friend.

Bonnie Get better

miafluker
10-18-2006, 03:11 PM
trish i know how you feel hubby has so many job offers but i realized i may have to work also but i really dont want to not that i dont like to work i do but i have been on maternity leave since dec because of hubby in iraq now im in a new state with new people and feel kinda out of place

Sugar-N-Spice
10-18-2006, 04:12 PM
Mia, I think you made some great choices for your 21 day challenge. Water & exercise are two huge components to weight loss, so if you get those down, the food thing should follow very easily in a few weeks. Good luck!!

Trish, sounds like you're kept hopping! I swear, I feel like a single parent most days. DH works really long hours and is never around to help out with school projects or taxi service. Definitely miss my dog! Just crazy how attatched I got to him in such a short time!

OMG, I feel like I could eat a horse right now!!! I've eaten today, just have the crock pot going and the smells.....OYE! My stomach has been growling for 3 hours straight already. LOL Not to mention its sorta cloudy & overcast with a breeze...very cozy feeling. Wish I could take a nap instead of playing the responsible parent! ;)

♥ danielle

Butterfly50
10-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Hello Ladies Boy I had to go to page two on the board to find us. For me it is an ok day I have two children home with Sore throats and Big excuses why they couldnt go to . I was soooo susprised when they voted off Amy last night But I can say I seen their point at the end But man does she look good. In two weeks the other people come back and gets to see who has lost weight and they are going to compete against them .
I got the biggest Shocker this morning I am kinda down and depressed right now. I have been wanting to get on the treamill and I have done it twice but when I am walking on it I have noticed the speed slows down and when I step off it speeds back up. well I couldnt find the Manual for it so I went on line and down loaded it . OMG If you weigh over 250 Pounds DO NOT US THIS PRODUCT! I was sooo mad . I wish I knew that when I purchased it years ago. Now what do I do???? I also come upon a thing for the Ab Roker and Ab Doer and the forum said dont waste your money on these things they do nothing for you. That realy topped it off for me.
If it wasnt Bad enough I was little depressed last night and while the BL was on I was eating some toast. I jest cant get it to regester that I dont need alll these sweets and stuff that My brain is demanding . I feel Like I get depressed even worse. I wish I had some close friends to walk or something with me But I have no one here. I have some what I call is FAKE friends they only around when they need you. Have gotten where I dont even talk to them any more. I jest wish I could make my brain understand I need this and to quite testing me. I am sorry to vent I jest started writing and couldnt stop. well I got to run. Catch everyone Later.

Sugar-N-Spice
10-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Bonnie, sorry to hear the kids are sick. Guess this is the time of year that it starts to rev up, eh? What a bummer about the treadmill!! Luckily you have all those other great things to do to keep up with the exercise. I'm contemplating using our little gym we have here in our complex--its supposedly state-of-the-art. However, my 'workout clothes' are not exactly presentable in a public setting. lol I can certainly relate to wishing to having some close friends to share in the journey, someone to walk with daily, etc. I have no one here either and have the 'fake' friends too. Chin up lady, keep up the good work and be patient and kind to yourself!

I was quite shocked at the blue team's choice last night too. Man, Amy sure sounded p.o.'d, huh? lol But wowzers, she is gorgeous now isn't she! The guys all knew that she'd be successful outside of the ranch and their logic stands to reason, IMO anyways. Why o why do I hate the red team so much? lol Seriously, I feel like I growl everytime they show up on my screen! And I just read that the new BL workout dvd will have Kim Lyons on there too. Not too sure I like that concept.

So this book I'm reading on intuitive eating. VERY interesting. Yesterday all day I ate whatever I wanted, when I wanted, and listened to body hunger. If I ate at noon and I was hungry an hour later I ate. Weird weird foreign concept to me! I gotta tell ya, it was a very freeing experience. The guilt thing is still looming large so need to work on that. During the day I felt a craving for junk. Just to be eating. How I got past it? My thinking went to the fact that I could eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted until I was satisfied. The key: I need to be truly hungry to have it first. It was such an odd experience and at the same time I felt completely comforted to know that those things were in my cupboard if I wanted them at any time. I stayed away from all the garbage and actually ate quite well. I still have more than half the book to read, so lots more to discover. However, practicing the true hunger yesterday was nice, and mentally I feel some relief to know that I'm not "dieting" anymore. I am contemplating throwing out my scale. Can you even believe that? lol

WHERE IS EVERYONE????? Is there a party that I wasn't invited to and you're all there? LOL Do I stink? :D *sniff sniff* I don't think so...... Girls, come back and play!!!!

Have a good one gang!

♥ danielle

Hun.e.B
10-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Good Afternoon Bonnie and Danielle, my goodness this is so sad around here. I remember the days when we had to fight to keep up with each other. I know everyone gets busy but in this case everyone just left us. Well, i'm still here! Tomorrow is weigh in for me! And I've been having a GREAT week so far. I might have overate just a smidge yesterday but nothing bad. Everything was healthy, low fat and low cal so I'm good with it!

Kids are off for school the next few days, my littlest had a dentist appt this morning and she is just having a bad day, hurting and still numb. Poor baby. On top of that its pouring rain and COLD outside! I had to get out the space heater.

Somehow in the next week I've gotta find time to sew 2 Halloween costumes. And figure something out for myself. I've always wanted to be a witch, but havent because of my size, not that there arent big witches but I dont like to spend the money.

My cup runneth over with homework this weekend too, I've got a major project on sunday to go to. And I need to spend the next 2 days researching for it. Plus after that project is done I've got a meeting with my group for another project...how am I gonna watch any football! LOL! Well that'll just keep me out of the snacks!

Okay enough rambling! Back to work! I hope everyone is okay. Please stop by and say hello, it'll only take a moment and we'd love to hear how you've been doing...the good the bad or the ugly no matter what it is!!

~melissa

miafluker
10-19-2006, 04:12 PM
hi everyone how is everyone i havent been on earlier is because 2 words (dial up) we are still trying to convince my mil to get dsl well i did my first day on the challenge today i ate 3 jiffy blueberry muffins that i made with egg whites even though it wasnt unhealthly it was still overeating i just cant control it when it come to jiffy blueberry muffins so the solution dont buy them right? yea i know anyways so far im good on my water and im about to hit the elliptical yesterday i worked out for 32 min butterfly50 i know what you mean about not having anyone to walk with you my hubby slacked off and he was suppose to be motivating me! just hang in there you have us take a walkman cd player i heard on the news today a way to avoid depression is to think about the things you have accomplished
well ill try to post todays stats later

Butterfly50
10-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Mia Thanks I know what you mean about the walkman I use mine all the time . I jest told My DH that I wanted a MP3 player or a Ipod for x mas (Or Sooner). It does keep me motivated and I like that feeling . I did a leslie dvd yesturday and when I was done my legs was tingling and I thought they must of liked the workout but when I work out it is great its in the PM hours that are the worst for me. I get up in the Am fix me breakfast and I exercise I dont think about eating and then when I fix lunch Iam fine it is about 3 in the Pm till Bed I am feeling hungry. Any one have any suggestions on things to do to keep the Sugar away???

Melissa i know what you mean about being sooooo Slow here I have went and ventured out into some other forums But I will always keep comming back. It is so important to have some friends to count on . Idont think I would still be trying if I didnt.

Danielle I wish their was something alot closer here But their is nothing. They are jest builduing a dollar General in this town. I love to walk but It seems like everyday someone in this town decided to burn and then their goes my allergies. I want to start walking in the Am But traffic is terriable. I live on the US 17 a main Highway. I will figure something out.

I want to say to Everyone THanks For sticken it out . will catch everyone later.

CartersMama
10-19-2006, 06:51 PM
I am here! Hello!! So I have not been eating all that great this week. We are super broke right now and have been waiting on Dh's check. It was supposed to be here sat.. um still not here. So I have been eating the "leftovers" that are left in the house.. aka.. PB&J.. Chili.. not good. But I did make it to the gym last night! I did pilates and spin, and then today Carter had his gym class and that wore me out! My sister is taking us out to eat tonight (thank god!!!) and I am going to get a salad or the veggie plate.. yay!! Okay enough rambling. I will talk to you ladies in the morning!!

miafluker
10-19-2006, 09:20 PM
bonnie you can always try snacking on a fudgecicle or icepop they are low in calories and sugar also there is fruit or chocolate moose what i do is drink the carnation instant breakfast chocolate one as a hot chocolate it takes care of sweet tooths and has protein in it so its good for you i drank that for a snack or breakfast
i read someonewhere that we need to allow ourselves to have some fat and sugar or the cravings for it will be worse
and i also read that one way to fail a diet is to restrict everything thats is almost doomed for failure thats why i decided not to focus on calories that much and just grade my plate counting calories seemed like a chore for me so i couldnt stick with it
i did have like 5 pringles but after that heck of a workout on the elliptical i deserved it and it wasnt a whole stack like normally
well see you all in the morning have a great night this 21 day challenge thing isnt hard at all you just have to stay focused the hardest part is starting

Butterfly50
10-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Mia you are right I dont thik that you can go cold turkey either . I know that your body does have to have sugar and fat . but like you said a pat of butter is better then the whole stick. I will have to do certain things to see what I can do.

Cartersmomma I know what you mean we live on a very limited income and it is very hard to keep on and eating schedule . Sometimes you have to eat with the flow I know I do. But things have to come togeather soon. I better be going I have to hit the shower I smell From walking tonight.

Hun.e.B
10-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Goodness is 3fc slow this morning or what! I'd go insane if I had dialup and trying to deal with that. I gotta run, very busy day for me but i had to stop by and let you know I lost another 2 lbs this week!! Yay!! I'll be back at some point to see how everyone is doing! Have a fantastic day everyone!

Sugar-N-Spice
10-20-2006, 12:11 PM
TGIF!!!!!

Good morning ladies! Hope everyone's ready for another great weekend!! I know I'm happy the end of the week's here, it's been an exhausting week. Relaxation sounds nice but I know I'm not gonna get much. Birthday parties, football game (tonight), haircuts, and who knows what else crammed into this weekend alone! Ugh, sometimes I wish I could choose certain days/times to be single. LOL

Mia, glad to hear that your challenge is going great for you. I have quit with the restrictions too. I no longer count calories, fat, carbs, NADA. I don't even count my water consumption anymore. What a relief!!

Stacia, you're certainly not alone when it comes to $. Can't tell you how many pb&j's, noodles, and soup I've had to consume in the past just to make the budget stretch and make sure my kids ate good. You've definitely been doing awesome with the exercise though, keep up the good work!!! I hope dinner out with your sister was lots of fun and you got some good food! :)

Melissa, yay 2 pounds!!!!!! You're almost at that midway poin in the 30's...pretty soon you'll be saying hello to the 20's!!! I know right now you are super motivated and inspired, it's wonderful to see you like this. Really keeps me motivated to watch you that's for sure! Hope today you find some time to be "un" busy and can visit with us and fill us in on your goings on.

Well, I did it. I weighed. I lost. 1 pound. Yay for me! When I hopped on the scale all I kept saying was, be the same, be the same, be the same..lol Imagine my surprise when I was one pound less! Then I said, ok I'll take it!! Ha! So another leaf from my tree has fallen, inch by inch I'm sloooooowly getting to my goal. May not make it all the way but I'm sure gonna try to get close!

Today's a busy day for me as well, lots of running around while the kiddies are in school. Utterly amazing just how much more I get done errand wise when the kids aren't with me. Maybe because I'm not having to chase down anyone or hunt for anyone? LOL

I'm gonna try real hard to workout at least once this weekend. Just ONE time, I can do it, right? I am really only trying to focus on finding something that I enjoy doing because of the "feel good" factor and not so much for the 'burn' and 'sweat'. I am finding such great information in this book I've been reading and this really hit home for me. Exercise needs to be something that I just enjoy doing, something that makes me feel good after I'm done doing it. Not something that I gotta kill myself over for, or feel guilty because I don't do it 7 days a week. I've always viewed exercise as something that HAS to be done in order to drop the weight. Something that I have to slave over and find the fastest, quickest, maximum calorie burn, etc. Well, no more!! Wahoo!!!!!! Free at last! Free at last!

Alrighty ladies, make today a good one!!! Keep shining!

♥ danielle

miafluker
10-20-2006, 01:14 PM
danielle I know it must be a relief
im also on a budget i get mad as heck when i cant buy the boneless skinless chicken breast:devil:
i didnt get my water in last night so its day 2 of the challenge and i already messed up the positive thing is that i did drink more water than usual
i also got my workout in i consider this a major improvement
well see you guys later hope the rest of the day treats all of us well

Butterfly50
10-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies, I wasnt feeling up to working out this morning but I did any way so I started Leslie and I ended up finishing 6 miles Now I am feeling pretty good. Now is the task I have to go fix some lunch:?: Congrats to everyone who has lost this week . I hope to be included in it next week. Until later.

lovethatsara
10-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Good Morning Ladies!!! So yesterday I went to the gym and bought my monthly membership back. I told my dad instead of him dropping me off at my apartment after work if he could drop me off at the gym instead, he said sure. Boy was aI tired, I spent 45mins on elliptical on #13 and 30mins in sauna, then I walked home afterwards... boy by the time i got home i was dog tired!!!

How is everyone?

sapphire35
10-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Sara that is awesome :carrot: :carrot: Good job. I love the gym i'm not disciplined enough for home.

Hello everyone :hug:

Mia you are doing great on your challenge, its only day 2 so you can definitely start the water challenge over again. It stays in my head all day, I guess because i know I have to start something over and over again. Eventually that gets old after a while.

Danielle :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: you can do it with the exercise, 1 day is better than NO day at all. Pretty soon you'll be doing at least 3 days and loving it. Take your time, one day at a time.

miafluker
10-21-2006, 11:24 AM
good morning everyone i had to take the baby to the hospital last night
which means i didnt meet anyone of my goals for yesterday so i used my last pause actually i dont think im going to use the pause im just starting over
sara i wish i can go back to the gym its so motivating especially if your paying for it well ill check in later have a great day everyone

Hun.e.B
10-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Good Morning ladies! Well I had a few little slip ups last night while watching a movie with the family, couple of snacks I didnt need but thats okay. Scale is still moving in the right direction.

Thanks Danielle for the well wishes on my 2 lbs lost! Thanks for being so supportive lady! And a great big CONGRATS on your lb gone too!!!! I'm so happy for you and your new mindset! I see great things in your future! Keep up the good work and you will get that exercise bug again! I can tell just by the way you talk about it!

Bonnie...great job on doing that exercise even when you didnt want to!! Thats a sure sign of a winner!! keep it up! That scale will go right again soon!

Sara...Welcome back stranger!! so great to see you! Excellent workout..sheesh!! That had to feel amazing! Way to be committed to yourself! Keep up the good work!!

Trish... :wave: hello!

Mia...I'm so sorry to hear about your little one. Is she getting some relief now? I hope so. Make sure you take care of you during this so you have the strength to take care of her.

I'm making chili today, seems like a good day to do it with this rain and drear. I've got my girls costumes all cut out now they just need to be sewn together, hopefully tonight I can knock out one of them. Tomorrow is a huge negotiation project for one of my classes that I'm not looking forward to at all! Kinda stressed about it actually.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

~melissa

Sugar-N-Spice
10-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Hi Girls! :wave:

I hope everyone is having a great productive Saturday. Mine turned out to be less hectic than anticipated so that's a relief. I've just spent the afternoon cleaning, but not before I spent the morning in bed watching all the tv I missed during the week! lol

Mia, I am so sorry you had to spend time in the hospital. Nothing scarier than having to rush your little ones there! I hope everything is alright now? You must be tired, I hope you're getting some rest so you can stay strong for her.

Trish, you're absolutely right, 1 day is better than nothing. I am really trying to get to a place where I can find working out enjoyable instead of a chore, that seems to derail everything because I hate exercise so much. Not exactly sure why either, because I absolutely love the way I feel when I'm done. Gotta love the brain, eh? lol

Sara, great to see you! You must feel really good after working out, that's what I need. Keep it up kiddo, you're doing great!

Bonnie, good for you for tackling that exercise anyways!!!! The scale will definitely repay you with good things, keep it up!!

Melissa, I hope the chili making is going well. I wish I could say we were warm & snuggly over here.....just flipped the a/c on because it got too warm in here and no breeze whatsoever. We're almost 90 today! Good luck with the girls costumes, I so wish I could sew! I can conjure up great things in my mind of what I'd like to make, but actually doing it...another story! I've got a brand new sewing maching in my closet still in the box that I got for a b-day gift from my mom 4 years ago. :rolleyes: What a waste, huh? I really really hope the homework goes smoothly, seems like you've got loads and loads of it this semester, more than I've ever seen! Yikes! Almost makes ya wish you just could skip to the job part, huh? lol

Had a super great NSV last night. We took the girls out to DQ for some ice cream after spending like 2 hours in Best Buy--dh bought me a new digital camera! Yay me! But yeah, headed to ice cream and I got a small chocolate dipped cone which I only ate til I got to the cone and then I threw it away. I truly truly had had enough. What a wild concept when you think that normally I could easily polish off a blizzard in one sitting. AMAZING what your body will tell you when you listen!!! I got my taste of ice cream but was able to let it go once I realized I reached that threshold.... this is something completely new to me and what a relief for someone who's struggled with binge eating disorders since the age of 12.

So anyways, today is another great day food wise and I am anxious to see how the rest of this month plays out!

Hope ya'll are having a spectacular day and can find some time to check in with us!

danielle

southerndeb
10-22-2006, 09:59 AM
HI Winning Losers, :wave:

Can I join your group?
I was searching for a group to join and saw that my pal Melissa is in this group. Hi Melissa :hug:

I have put on every pound I lost over the summer and I am starting over today. This group seems focused and very supportive, just what I need.

Deb

miafluker
10-22-2006, 01:23 PM
hi everyone! Deb your more than welcome the ladies here are great and everyone is basically on the same mission, every sunday we start a new thread so ill go ahead and start it......... i realized something i wanted to share wether or not i achieved my goals yesterday dosent matter because today is a new day
and the more your try your a step closer to achieving your goal ex. a baby keeps getting up trying to take its first steps but falls even though every time they try they fall, they dont give up and eventually learn to walk..... its amazing how babies and children have more determination and drive than adults

my husband's favorite saying is " nothing hurts a faliure but to try"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1445725#post1445725

Sugar-N-Spice
10-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Hiya girls!!!

Hoping your Sunday is going great and we're all ready for another great week! Have gotten alot accomplished around the house this weekend and that feels really good. Exercise still needs to happen some time today, but I hit the ground running with laundry and football today. :D Loving this Steelers/Falcons game!

Deb, :welcome: I remember you from the old SF thread that was going awhile back. And yup, Melissa's here being as supportive as ever and very focused! I hope that you will like it here as much as we do. Jump right it and post away, it's great you're here!!!

Mia, hope today is going well for you! Thanks for the new Sunday thread!

Ladies make today the best!

Danielle