Old 10-14-2006, 10:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

Default any great tea for losing??

I do not want to take anything wierd or different..Just great food..Except I would consider an herbal tea for losing more..Seems healthy..I would love your input...nance
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:20 AM   #2  
Lolene

S/C/G: 188.5/176/148

Height: 5' 5"

Baja,

I read this on the LA at Home Website. Someone posted that they had tried Yogi Tea. They have a whole line of wellness teas. She tried the Fasting tea made with organic red clover. It's a weight loss support tea. She claimed that it works well, but I have not tried it myself.

Good Luck,

Lolene
Lolene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Nance - Speaking of Yogi teas... I bought the detox one, but threw it out because I couldn't get past the smell! Hopefully that one will be better.

I did get a detox tea from Three Leaf teas. It has some laxative effects in it. One of the girls at work gave me one to try, and it came in handy after last week's slim fast fiasco.

I think you will find teas to make you "go", and to lose water, but I don't think there is anything that actually make you lose weight.

Last edited by bizlawchik; 10-16-2006 at 11:49 AM.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:40 AM   #4  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

I love the Celestial Seasonings "Diet Partner" tea. It tastes like a little treat without any cals. It definitely feels like it helps me drop excess water, I don't know about any other effects. They have another one I like too, but I have forgotten the name. "weight loss" something I think. I would stick with known name brands, and not spend too much $$, personally.
Ottoette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/186/140

Height: 5'4

I agree with Cassi. They make you lose water and serves as a laxative such as Laci Le Beau Super Dieter's Tea.
Camie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I would not use the Laci Super Dieters Tea...it contains senna, which is simply an herbal laxative. Taking laxatives too often could cause your body to become dependent on them...and I don't think anyone wants an unecessary visit to their physician.

Some herbal teas are healthy...and others are not. Siberian Ginseng, Guarana, senna, and other things are simply either herbal "speed" or herbal laxatives...and should be used with caution.

For weight loss-simple low calorie eating and exercise is the key. Regular herbal teas-green tea, black tea, chamomile, etc. are wonderful and healthy because of the natural antioxidants in them-but they do nothing to promote weight loss.

Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote