Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-13-2006, 02:53 PM   #1  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Default exercising when you're sick?

You know, have a cold but one that's more than just the snifflies. Is it a good idea to exercise? Does it actually boost our immune systems or does it weaken our bodies because they're already in a compromised state?
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 03:02 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

If you feel crappy, I'd say skip it.
If you have a fever, get in bed and rest!

Otherwise, it is safe to exercise but only do so if you feel ok. You might also want to take it easy.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 03:25 PM   #3  
Working My Way Back Down

If you're having trouble breathing, i.e. the cold is into your chest, or if you have a fever, or you're very achy (and you usually have a fever with this anyway) - I'd say skip it. If you just have a garden-variety cold, sniffles, stuffy, then most of the things I've read say go ahead and exercise, maybe just a little less strenuously.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:01 PM   #4  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Thanks ladies. I think I just got annoyed by something someone said to me today, though I know she meant well. I've fallen off track and have rarely been at the gym these last three weeks. A friend of mine suggested I go, and I said that I don't want to go because I've been and still am sick, which she essentially called an excuse... I mean she said it nicely and with good intention, but I was a little annoyed. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive... I'm trying to treat myself well and my body well, which is the whole reason for me eating healthy and exercising and lose weight. weight loss is obviously also the reason I try to eat healthy and exercise...

Last edited by beautifulone; 10-14-2006 at 06:12 PM.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote