Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #18

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #18

Mom2Gaby
10-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Welcome to Back In Kindergarten #18!!: :)

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"--Jules

:cofdate: :cofdate: :cofdate: :cofdate: :cofdate: :cofdate:

Mom2Gaby
10-12-2006, 07:22 PM
I wanted to say hello and hope all is well! I am at work so I can't talk long but *Life* continues to be a battle however I finally feel in control. I have been walking 3.5 miles for the last 3 weeks and it feels good. I have lost 2 pounds! yeah.
anyway - I need to go back and catch up over the next few days.

:hug: :hug:

jules1216
10-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Cristina-I love the Verizon DSL--it's nice to be able to be able to be on both the phone and the internet. Tony is a really sweet guy and has been a really good friend to DS. I worry cause he's an MP and he is so tenderhearted. Jason (ds's other friend who just got back from Iraq) was a mechanic and he was not as out on the front lines as Tony will be. It's kind of scary thinking about it. Tony's alcoholic Mom kicked him out and we said he could stay with us but she wouldn't let that happen so he ended up living with his sister until he got his wife pregnant and moved in with her their senior year. They have two beautiful kids and Katy is a sweetheart.

SuzyQ--yeah on the 2 pounds lost. I have been bad and not going to the gym or drinking my water and I (gasp) drank a 32 oz Coke (not the diet for me) at lunch today. you are doing so good with the walking!! Gaby is so cute! She's getting too big though!! I love when they are little!!

Well I'm off to watch Grey;s Anatomy, have a good night.

jules1216
10-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Good Morning!! Hope to see everyone back today!! I'll be back later this evening.

jules1216
10-13-2006, 10:21 AM
Katy--here's a meditation cushion free instruction link if you are interested

http://www.y2knit.net/Patterns/medcushion.pdf

I waited too late and learn to kit workshop was full I am on the list for the November one though.

FrouFrou
10-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Hiya Ladies and Happy Friday 13th!

I'm not a superstitious person so Friday the 13th has never been a bother for me. Okay, I take that back because if a black cat runs in front of me I will turn around and go the other way. I've had some bad luck with those darn black cats before, lol.

SUZYQ...good to see you posting missy. I've missed you dearly. :hug: And yes, little Miss Gaby is getting so big. WTG on the 2 lbs. and to all your walking! :cheer2:

Geez, louise...I don't know what I am doing. I went to add a smilie and hit submit for some reason. :crazy:

JULES...I hate hearing stories like that, so sad. My 1st DH joined the Army at 16 to get away from home. He was tired of his dad kicking him out. Of course he had to sign his dads name because even though his dad kicked him out a few times he knew he wouldn't sign for him to go to the Army. It was okay for him to sleep on the beach but not join the Army. I will keep them both in my prayers. I took a gander at the pattern and that is so cool. I am jealous of you ladies and how crafty you are. I need to start something to keep myself busy.

Not much going on. Didn't go exercise again. Decided I am just going to start all over come Monday. I've got to get back on track and stick with it. But I am getting my vitamins and water down so that is something. Anyway, did my house cleaning and had some errands to run. No special plans for the weekend.

Hi Shawna, Bep, SusanNYC and Katy:wave: Hoping all is well with you ladies,

Sassy_Chick
10-14-2006, 08:32 AM
Hi :wave: everybody!

jules1216
10-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Cristina--I am no where near Katy's level, but I thought that pattern was really cool.

Hi to everyone else!!

Mom2Gaby
10-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Good Morning-
I walked 4 miles today. I might take Gaby for Chinese food, kind of hungry for that.
Hi Cristi, Jules and Sassy! I am at the library so can't reallyy write a novel while Gaby is wandering around. I will chat more when I get a chance..:hug: anyw:carrot: anyway = Gaby is here. Sigh,....

talk later !!

suetalks
10-15-2006, 12:21 AM
SuzyQ..There you are! Great on your walks. I have fallen behind on that, but hope to get back in the swing of things soon.

Hi to the rest of the class. :)

FrouFrou
10-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Hello Chickies ;)

SUZYQ...good job on the walking! :woohoo: Geez, 4 miles? I am impressed! I can do 3 but think 4 would kill me. One day though I would like to work up to that, but jogging. Right now, too much jiggling going on to jog. Woooo, Chinese sounds good :whoo: It's lunch time and I am hungry, lol. How is the Gabster doing? And you, Rebecca and Rachel of course. Is Gaby excited about Halloween? Can't believe it's here already.

JULES...I think anyone that can knit is GREAT because I can't do it! I know somewhere around here they have a class once in a while. I should check into it. The pattern is cool!

SUE...I too need to get back on track. I do good and then nothing, or very little. But you have been so busy with moving so it's understandable. Me...I've just been a little bummed lately. I did get two days of exercise last week but that's not good enough. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day and if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Okay, ladies, I have some scrapbooking to get done and it's not going to happen if I stay here longer, lol. :p Just a lazy, dreary day today and I just want to crawl back into bed.

Take care, chat with ya later! :hug:

Mom2Gaby
10-15-2006, 04:34 PM
It is a dreary day here too Cristi.
Hi Sue :)
Hi Jules :)

Gaby wants to be a Power Ranger for Halloween. I was thinking more along the lines of RaggedyAnn or a Lady Bug. We live at my mothers for the moment. I wanted to be in my own place by Thanksgiving. It is hard not to have privacy. I think Gaby is confused who her parent is because everyone is always correcting her - I don't like that part. It is nice to get up and go for a walk and I can count on someone there to watch Gaby if she wakes up.
It is slow going on the weight part but I feel better and my clothes are looser fitting. Maybe it is all wishful thinking - lol - anyway.
Older girls are always a stress. I don't talk much about them anymore.
I eat salads for lunch and I need to focus more on water intake. I always am too busy and the thought of being in the bathroom every few minutes is a pain.

Katy - how is the Kaiser thing?? We should get together with the girls. Have you ever tried Peanut Butter and Jelly??? Is that what it is called?? lol ....across for the community cener. We should go there!

anyway - lots to do for the work week coming up! Hope you all are having a relaxing Sunday.

FrouFrou
10-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Hiya ladies...

SUZYQ...a ladybug would be soooo cute! I saw a costume in the store and wished I had little ones to dress up. :( That's funny though that Gaby wants to be a Power ranger. Isn't there a girl one though? I don't know much about kids cartoons/characters anymore with not having little ones around. But I know whatever she goes as she will be a cutie! Here's to hoping you get you rown place by Thanksgiving :cheers: But for now, at least you have someone to watch Miss Gaby so you can walk. I know what you mean about the water. I've heard from others than as time goes by your body gets used to the water and the trips to the bathroom are less frequent...I'm still waiting. I know if I am busy and out and about I won't drink what I should. And I bet it's not wishful thinking, you have to be losing if your clothes are loose. Also, it's better to take it off slow anyway, but then you know that.

Well, I actually got off my butt and went to It Figures this morning. Got in a good 40 mn. work out and I am feeling so energized. You know, I'm not sure why I take so many breaks from it because I do always feel better when I go. Also, got in a mile walk on the treadmill, so I'm feeling pretty good right now. I skipped breakfast but not on purpose...was running late this morning and trying to get A Dr.s appt. for DD. I figured the phones were down because I called for an hour straight and it was busy. Anyway, stopped by Subway while I was out and got a tuna sandwich and a cup of soup. The soup totally hit the spot. I did good because I didn't eat it all. And have dinner planned so starting off on the right foot this Monday. I didn't lose anything but I didn't gain either so that is good too. I am down to 197 and am very happy about that...finally seeing the scales going down. Anywho...take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a great day!

jules1216
10-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Good Morning Everypne--lunch time for me!!! Veggie lasagne and salad and the dreaded water!!

Going to look at two apartments with DD on Wednesday evening, still hoping for the one we saw last Friday and twoo more to go see this Friday. I am hoping she gets something.

DS is working for his landlord--he's actually making more $ per week and doesn't have the 1 1/2 hour drive each way.

FrouFrou
10-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Hello all

JULES...I hope your DD finds the perfect apartment for her soon. I know how awful it is looking for a place. Well, sort of. I think it gets tiresome but you get to look at all kinds of places and that can be fun. Maybe she will hear something about the first one soon. Has she called the guy back? Sometimes if you call them it shows that you are really, really interested. I've done that a few times and got the places. And glad to hear DS has a job and it's closer and more moola! YAY! :carrot: I hear ya about the water. I have never been a water drinker and I really do hate it. But I know I have to drink it. It doesn't matter how much or how long I drink it either it never tastes good to me. Unless of course I've been out in the hot, hot heat and have an ice cold glass. But I don't drink it cold all the time, hurts my teeth.

SUSAN...meant to ask you if you had received the cards I've sent. Do you have a PO box or are you using your moms? Didn't know if you had your mail forwarded or not. But just asking for when I send more.

Hi to KATY, BEP, SASSY, SUE, SHAWNA, SUSAN/NYC :wave: Check in ladies when you get a chance. Would love to hear how everyone is doing.

Got in a 2 mile walk on the treadmill this morning along with a 15 mn. bike ride. My exercise bike is so old, but good enough. Figured I might as well use it. Had errands to run so didn't get any housecleaning done again. Always, tomorrow. Every time I say that in the back of my mind I keep thinking "Never put off tomorrow what you can do today" The housecleaning can wait, lol. Well, I need to get going. Not usually on this late unless V is working late, which he has been. He should be walking in the door any minute. Not sure what he has planned for this evening so...

Take care ladies, chat with ya soon. :hug:

bep
10-17-2006, 11:52 PM
Howdy!!! I haven't been on here in a long time! Ticker went up a little boo hoo...doing better now though. Had out of state company for a week and ate badly without exercise to pay for it. Company is gone now so time to kick butt again. Today was great ....great on cals, exercise, and water. Peeing like a racehorse now! LOL!

Mom2Gaby
10-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Good Morning,

Howdy back Bep! I bet you look fine at your weight. I am something like 174 and people say I look good. *eyes roll*.....they say it looks like I have lost weight and I don't see that on the scale but who knows........I feel fine and I bet you look just as wonderful as me. lol Denial, huh??

I have a PO number Cristi. It gets forward though, I haven't been by to check all week. I will tonight and let you know!!

I applied for an apt last night. A cute 2 bedroom @ 565 , with lots of grass around. I hope I get it - just a small complex and all one level. My mother is driving me nuts. Last night I came home and she had spent time cleaning up my toiletries. ARGH.......and my clothes - double ARGH,,,,,and I think she cleaned my underwear......triple ARGH.....and she parents Gaby......lol

I slept right through my walk this morning. I better go. I have tons to do!!!

FrouFrou
10-18-2006, 05:58 PM
Hiya ladies...

BEP...good to see you back. Company is always bad on the ole diet. But good you are back on track.

SUSAN...funny :lol: Slept thru your walk...of course I think I slept thru the whole morning. Some days I just don't want to get up. My mom would do the same too. Except when she stayed with me once she went through some of my personal things, ie my journals. I was in the hospital at the time and she was with the kids. Only way I knew she did was in one of them I had a bookmark with frilly stuff on the end. I found it on my bedspread and wondered what the heck it was. It was weeks after she had gone that I discovered it was from one of my journals. I love my mother but we can't be together for days at a time...we both get on each others nerves. I hope you get the apartment...it sounds cute and perfect for you and Gaby!

Got in a walk this morning but didn't make it to It Figures. Going to try and go this evening if she is open until at least 7:30. I've never been in the evening so don't know her schedule. Of course it all depends on how late dinner is and what's going on. Might just forget it and go tomorrow. Can buy groceries early and go my usual time. I don't know :shrug: Might just call it good with the walk. I NEED to clean this house since I haven't been able to the last few days. Another busy day today so didn't get to it again, ugh.

Have a good one ladies! :wave:

Mom2Gaby
10-18-2006, 10:24 PM
I sleep through my commute in the morning too Cristi. I am a multi tasking chick. hehe
Anyway - I checked the mail and didn't get anything. I am joining Toastmasters and I got a list of meetings in the area.
hmmm, tired. Chat tomorrow.

suetalks
10-18-2006, 11:40 PM
Hi chickies.
Bep- Nice to see you. I love company, but sure do exactly like you and go overboard when they visit. You will get back on track quickly though.
SuzyQ- Good luck with the apt. Sounds like a good thing. Mother's have a way of wanting to keep us children, don't they. Do you suppose our girls say anything like that about us? (Nah, not US!)
Cristina- Hello again...

I got a walk in today, but little of anything else got done. The builder was here fixing a few little things, so I couldn't do much! I fixed a yummy chicken rice dish for dinner.
Have a good Thurs. gals!

jules1216
10-20-2006, 10:14 AM
Bep-I am trying to get back on track myself--I know what you mean about the water thing, you do bad for a few weeks and then when you do get it back on track you are running to the bathroom constantly the first few days!!

SuzyQ--I can relate to the apartment hunting..Still apartment searching with DD. She is still in love with the first apartment she saw and has not liked any of the others. She says if she doesn't get the one she wants, she will just move home and rent a storage unit for her stuff and keep looking until she finds one that is like it. That one is small but cute and well maintained, has off street parking and is on a quiet street. The only downsides to moving home are the whole moving things twice once to storage and then to the next apartment when she finds it and her Dad. We all love him but he is VERY controlling and she doesn't want to fight with him. They are both very headstrong.

Cristina-I noticed you are moving further down the slide from the 200 mark--I can't wait until I can say the same thing.

Sue--My Mom's sick right now, she went through a bout with a stomach problem and a bladder infection about tow years ago and it's back, they never did figure out the stomach problem but it went away so everything seemed fine. Now both are back and her blood pressure is spiking up again. Hopefully they will figure it out this time, it's just weird that all three strike together.

Well I am off to do the usual Friday stuff, bank, post office, library, groceries etc.....am going to try to make it to the gym too.

Michelle
10-20-2006, 02:18 PM
:hug: Hi Ladies -- I know I haven't been here for a long time, but I wanted to say that my mom passed away on Tuesday morning and we buried her yesterday. This is the worst thing I have ever had to go through in my whole life, and I know they say that time heals, but this will take a long long time. I would just give anything to be able to talk to her one more time, and give her a hug and a kiss. I will be back to chat later, and I hope all of you have a good day.

Love, Michelle:grouphug:

Mom2Gaby
10-20-2006, 06:11 PM
:hug: I am so sorry Michelle. I wish you and your family all the support that you need during this time. It is so hard losing anyone, let alone a parent. Call me if you need to chat :)

Hello to all and I hope you guys have a good weekend. Chat in a bit!

FrouFrou
10-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Hi Ladies...

MICHELLE...{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you sweetie. Hope today is a little bit better than yesterday for you. I love your new avatar and the picture in your signature. :hug: :hug: :hug:

JULES...yeah, I'm getting there with the weight slowly but surely. One day I will make it to goal. Right now, I'll be happy to get down 20 less pounds! Hope DD gets the apratment she likes. Sorry to heara bout your mom. Hope they find out what is wrong and can do something for her soon.

SUSAN...okay, hate to sound dumb, but what is Toastmasters? Sounds familiar but can't put my finger on it. I've had days where I felt like I was sleeping the whole day...glad there's not too many of those, lol.

Hiya Sue!

Nuthin much going on. DD and I went to an Antique store this morning. Planned on going to a couple more but geez, we spent 2 1/2 hours in that place. It has thre stories plus a basement. It's cool looking at all that old stuff and reminising. Actually, hardly come across stuff from when I was little but once in a while we do. Anyway, today is a rainy lazy day. Think I will read a book later. :dunno:

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Michelle
10-21-2006, 10:09 PM
:hug: Hi Ladies...

Susan...We will have to meet sometime to chat, because I would really like that. I hope you also get the apartment that you want.:hug:

Cristina...Thank you for your kind words. Today has not been a very good day. I was so upset so my DH and I went to the cemetery for a little while. I just have a horrible empty and lost feeling inside of me. It's really hard to explain it, but I'm also not wanting to be alone right now and I don't like the night time anymore.:hug:

Jules...I hope that your DD gets the first apartment you looked at, because it sounds perfect for her. I hope everything also works out for your mom.:hug:

I cried and cried today when I got a card from my cousin, because the words were so fitting from being a small child to an adult and your mother. She also sent a $20 check to buy an angel to have in my mom's memory. My older DD and I went down to the Hallmark store, my most favorite store, and I got two different angels. They are the Willow Tree angels, which I love. One of them is holding a red rose, which red roses my mom loved and were on her vault and also on her memorial folders, and the other angel was holding a big red heart. I put them on a shelf, one on each side of a picture I have of her in a frame. I had also gotten a cute beanie bear that was a baby pink color, holding a pink flower, and on the feet it said love you mom. My mom loved the beanie bears, just like I have for years, and she would have loved this one too. I cannot still believe that she's really gone, such a sad feeling I have. I hope all of you are having a good day.:grouphug:

jules1216
10-22-2006, 10:22 AM
SuzyQ--okay...what is Toastmasters?

Michelle-- I like those angels too--hope things will get easier

Cristina--There are a lot of antique shops around here--I haven't been for awhile but we used to go alot.

Hubby wants breakfast--gotta go!!

Michelle
10-22-2006, 01:20 PM
Ladies...I was just letting you know what Toastmasters is, because one of my bosses used to participate in it once a week. She told me that it's where you go and learn how to become more comfortable speaking in front of people. She might have more to add to this.:o

FrouFrou
10-22-2006, 03:07 PM
Hello ladies...

MICHELLE...I feel so bad for you, wish there was something I could do, or even give you hugs in person. :hug: :hug: I have some of those angels also. I've always loved and believed in angels but really got into collecting them after the loss of our sweet baby. I did buy a few when DH passed away back in '91. And I love Hallmark. Every year I add to my collection of Mary's Angels...the Christmas ornaments. The first one I bought I thought would have looked identical to Nathan, with the blue eyes and blonde hair. I still have bad/hard days with both Nathan and DH#1. Your mom will always live on sweetie, in your heart and in your memories. I know it's not the same as having her with you. :hug: :hug: I totally understand not wanting to be alone. It will get easier though, I promise you.

JULES...has DD heard anything about the apt. she likes the best? So what was for breakfast? Anything good? I had some pancakes earlier, didn't really hit the spot and I don't like cooking for myself. Both DH and DS are working and DD is sleeping in.

Hi ya SUZIQ, BEP & KATY! Hoping all is well with you ladies.

Nothing much going on today. Going to do my christmas cards and get them out of the way. Also, get some things ready to mail tomorrow. Going to cook a pot of chili later since it has been so chilly, brrr...soaking the beans right now. Anyway...take care ladies, chat with yas later.

jules1216
10-22-2006, 04:08 PM
Michelle--Thanks for explaining the Toastmasters thing, I have to speak to a large group every two years when the managers from the Book Stores we sell are product to get together. I get so nervous. I've been in management for several years so I have had to hold meetings. I have to make myself not rock back and forth. I usually joke about it in the beginning so it breaks the ice.

Cristina--The landlord of the apartment that DD wants is not making his decision until the last weekend of the month, which bites because that's when we wanted to move everything. The current landlord may give her until the first weekend of Nov--I told DD to tell him we would fix the sloppy paint job in the roomates room--I touched up all the moulding on every room but hers that her and her friends did. She left about six inches of the white above the pink to paint a border which she never did. The landlord to their little house turned out to be as bad as the neighbors tried to tell us. I told DD to appeal to his cheapness to be able to move her stuff the first weekend of November. I just don't want to move stuff to storage the last Friday and Saturday of this month only to be told she has the place on Sunday or Monday and have to move it again. I know she really doesn't want to move home, but it may be happening for a reason--I agree with you on that. Breakfast was scrambled eggs with cheese, mushrooms and onion fried in them and veggie sausage links.

I think I am going to be too tired for the gym today--I have been working in DS's old room which became storage when he moved out, so that if DD does come back she will have more room. I had some things to go to Goodwill, golf clubs, a typewriter, some books, more clothes and assorted stuff. I will be dropping off each night this week that I go to the gym which is just across the road.

bep
10-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Hi all...just popping in for a moment. Down 3 lbs! Yippeee! I'm back in the saddle again!

jules1216
10-23-2006, 07:52 PM
WTG Bep!!

Though now I'll be hearing Aerosmith singing in my head the rest of the night...."I'm baaacccckk in the saddle again!! I'm baaaccckkk!!!"

Hi SuzyQ, Cristina, Katy, Michelle and Sue!!

Mom2Gaby
10-23-2006, 08:55 PM
{{{{Michelle}}}} call me, we can get together anytime. It continues to be difficult for me and my doctor today suggested grief counseling because I can cry at a drop of a hat when I think of my father. We will both *hang in there* together :).

I just wanted to say hello. I have been in to see the doctor and doing test. Took Gaby to the denist today and she wouldn't open her mouth. lol

Toastmasters is what Michelle said it was --- to make it more comfortable talking in front of group. It was suggested to me because I have meetings with the residents and co workers. .....so stressful. The more you do it though the easier it gets....so they say.

Congrats Bep on the 3 pounds. Hi Jules, Cristi, Sue , and Katy!!!

Michelle
10-24-2006, 01:00 PM
:cry: It's very dark and gloomy here today, and I just cannot get this lonely empty feeling out of me. There have been other deaths I have experienced, but this was so sudden with no warning, and there's nothing like a mother. I just feel so down and I told my husband that I don't want the days to end and I don't feel like getting up in the morning, just sad all the time.

Susan -- I will definitely give you a call to get together and talk as soon as my mom's memorial service is over with next week. I think it would do both of us good to have each other to talk to. I'm sorry you're still having a hard time too, and people say that time heals, and I would believe that with other death's I've had to grieve with, but this is so different this time.:cry:

Hi Jules, Cristi, Bep, Sassy & Sue, and anyone else I may have missed!:hug:

Mom2Gaby
10-24-2006, 06:37 PM
It is your mother,Michelle :) I think only our own child's death could be worse. It is gloomy today but I see the sun coming out now in the afternoon. I like to walk in the morning Michelle. It clears my head and it is quite outside.

anyway- I feel bloated today. I ate 2 bowls of chili from Wendys, 2 apples and drank a 32 oz water bottle. I need to get started on the Toastmasters thing and I might get my own complex torun next week for 2 months!! Back were I use to live, I love that area of Portland and it will be like going home.

Gaby is going to be Raggedy Ann for Halloween and the older girls unruly teenagers.....lol

later -

Michelle
10-24-2006, 06:48 PM
SUSAN...I so agree about losing a child and that's something I've always said I couldn't even think of. I remember when we went to Britany Redfield's funeral and it was so hard and sad to see those little caskets, just so wrong! That's good that you get out and walk in the mornings, just be careful. I remember being raggedy ann, years ago, and it was so cute and fun. I miss my girls being little and dressing up, they were so cute! I hope you can get your own place soon so you have your privacy again. The sun was out so pretty, and now it's so dark like night time, and it's raining and thundering.;) :hug:

Mom2Gaby
10-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Dear Diary,
I need a break already, 2 hours into the shift. Buried in evictions, the latest one is some man barging his way into another residents apt demanding a cigarette, dressed in only boxer shorts. I missed it, dang. It deserves a eviction notice (they get a chance to remedy and go on a 6 month probation) because:
1. You can't go into someones apt uninvited
2.You can't bum cigarettes
3. You have to be dressed and not show poor fashion taste.
Though he showed me the boxer shorts and they were pretty snazzy. ;)
I didn't take my med this morning because I couldn't find the bottle. I called my mom and she said "no one took it Susan, I will find it",,,,,I wasn't saying someone took it , I said I couldn't find it - maybe she could look during the day?? Blah - blah. :dizzy:
I think she is testy (and you wonder where I get it from :0) and I need to move pronto! November 16th, I hope.
Gaby woke up with her satin night gown half way down her body. I think she does that because it digs into her shoulder in some weird way. She sat at the kitchen table the other day and slipped it down by her waist. Half nude - cute.
&^%$##- my mother found the bottle of meds! I can't believe her. She said it was in the corner of the room behind a basket. I looked there...........I am pretty sure she took them for herself.....lol - jk....*sigh
Have you ever watched Fargo?? I love the way they talk - ya know? So funny.
Anyway, I woke up at 5 and Gaby woke up at 6:15. I dressed her and she hid when I tried to put her shoes on....I finally chased her down around the recliner and put them on. I said "no slurpee for you!!"......good parenting, huh?? I shouldn't have chased her. I should have made her come to me. Kind of like dating. haha
BTW - I was going to tell the R's that they need to get to me by Friday morning to go over plans for the weekend. I am not going to spend my 2 days off chasing them around or carting them to the mall. We are going to have FUN out in NATURE somewhere damn it!!
I had my venti and have bottle water ready to drink through out the day. *sigh...how boring. I just want to be thin......
Always,
Susan

Mom2Gaby
10-25-2006, 02:44 PM
Michelle How are you today?? It is kind of sunny over here in my neck of Portland. Thinking of you:)

Michelle
10-25-2006, 05:40 PM
SUSAN...I thought I was doing pretty good until I was driving to the grocery store and my mom's favorite song came on the radio, and I couldn't stop crying. I had a long talk with the cashier, because the store I went to is the one that my mom has gone to for years, even when I was in school and I used to go grocery shopping with her. The cashier had just seen her in there on her scooter the week before she died. She said that she just looked so tired and worn out lately, and was so sorry for our loss. I know I have to believe that she's in a lot better place now and in no more pain and suffering like she was. It's just so hard to accept it right now and I keep saying WHY!!! Today when my DD gets out of school, we have to go down to the funeral home to pick up my mom's death certificate and memorial folders. It had been pretty sunny here, but now it's gotten cloudy again. Do you take meds to help you with depression from your dad's death, because people keep saying that I really need to go to the doctor because I cry so much and I'm so sad, but it's only been a week and I keep saying I need time to grieve. What do you think? I'm glad your mom found your meds, and I do hope you can get your own place soon. What happened with your other place and do the other girls not live with you anymore? You are such a good mom and just keep holding your head up high!!!:hug: ;) :hug:

Mom2Gaby
10-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Hi Michelle
The older girls haven't lived with me in a while. Not since I had to live on site for my job 3 years ago. They were in school in the SW area and I had to move to the NW area. By the time I could live off site (a year ago) they were comfortable living with dad. I decided to move because of the commute. I have cut it in half living at my moms. I just need my own place now!!! lol
I don't think you have to go on meds after just a week Michelle. I think picking a book up on grieving would help you with the stages. It is so personal and everyone has a right to their own pace.

RosieKate
10-25-2006, 06:41 PM
I haven't been on in ages....and I've missed so much! Thank you for not forgetting me. I've caught up on this thread and so many have said hi to me when I haven't been around...well. I'm touched. I will do my best to check in more often. I have finally uploaded some more pix of the home and fam...the remodel continues apace. We need to get the bath done, then there's the flooring, inspections and hopefully DONE.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/rosiekate37/albums/

let me know if you can't see them - yahoo just changed their photo pages, so I hope the pics are still public - they should be.

Michelle - I am so sorry for the loss of your mother - I know you have a had a tough time. Please know you are in my prayers and I hope that the memorial service went well ( or will go well - I can't remember if it was today
or not)

Cristina - I thought about you when I painted my house green - I like the interior green you have used. I couldn't get a green to work on my interior, so I used it on the outside! Have you heard from Josh - I hope he's doing alright so far away.

Susan - So great to see you back here! How's Toastmaster's going? Did you find a new apartment? I'm so glad you don't have that yucky commute anymore. I was accepted into INsight. I find out my diet in the next week or so and the groups start on November 9. I can't wait. I am so tired of gaining and losing the same 5 pounds. This should give me the kick in the butt I need.

I would love to get together at PB and Ellie's. I was just there with the kids and had a Chicken Caesar wrap that was very healthy :) I can't go there with my DS, tho'. He has a peanut allergy and they let kids play with peanut butter playdough. Now to me that sounds so cool, but if it ended on a table and that table didn't get cleaned properly, my kid would be toast. We were there at a really slow time and checked things out thoroughly - but he was pretty twitchy.

Bep - glad you're back...and losing! WTG!

Jules - I liked that cushion pattern. I've toyed with the idea of knitting pillows and cushions but have not done it yet. I have so much yarn piling up around here. I am trying to knit my DH a sweater as a surprise for christmas.
http://www.interweave.com/knit/Interweave_knits/back_issues/F_05.asp
If you scroll down the page, it's the "Braided Blues Pullover" on the right. I am knitting it up in a navy blue wool.

Forgive me if I left anyone out..like I said - I will try to check in more now. I guess I just let it drop there for awhile.

Oh - my baby is turning 5 on Halloween - I can't believe it....that was a FAST 5 years!

Michelle
10-25-2006, 10:39 PM
SUSAN...I didn't want to even think I needed to go on meds yet, but some people have suggested it to me, because almost every time someone asks me about my mom or mentions her, I start crying. I can't help that I miss her so much, and I'm having a lot of guilt feelings right now, because of the past few months I had backed off some and didn't see her as much, and it hurts me now so much! I would give anything to go back and do things a little differently, but now it's final. I didn't ever know that you lived on site for your job, but I do hope that you and Gaby can get your own place again soon. Do you have a certain book to suggest for grieving? I really thank you for your support and kindness.:hug:

KATY...I'm so happy to see you back. Thank you for your kind words also. The memorial service is one week from tomorrow, and we buried her last Thursday. I looked at all of your pictures and they are so nice! Your family is so nice looking, and the house looks so nice, just great! That's neat that you get to do the weight loss study. I can't wait to see how everything goes and see you make your goal!:hug:

Michelle
10-26-2006, 02:24 PM
HELLO...Is anyone home today?;) It's so cold here this morning, but atleast it's sunny out, helps the mood. I hope all of you are having a good day!!!:hug:

FrouFrou
10-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Hello ladies...

Sorry I've not been here in a while...been in and still in a mood.

MICHELLE...I know it's hard for you but please try to not do the guilt trip. I know it's easier said than done because it is a stage of grief and I guess something you should deal with/go through...I guess. I know I sure did for quite some time. About taking meds...I wouldn't go that route unless you absolutely feel you need it. To me, you are just prolonging the grieving process. But that is JMHO and me. And it's new...it's just been a week. Surely no one can expect you to move on and be over it and if they do they must have not ever lost a loved one. Try reading some books like Susan mentioned...also, you can find all kinds of stuff online as well. Hugs to you. :hug: :hug:

KATY...good to see you posting! And the pictures are GREAT! You guys have come a long way with the house and it looks like it's almost done! Yay! Bet you can't wait for it to finally be finished. And...I love the green! I took a gander at the sweater as well...jeez, you are so good with the knitting. I love that sweater! And wow! can't believe little miss Leigh is going to be 5! They grow too fast don't they?

BEP...:woohoo: on the loss! :cp: You are doing great!

SUSAN...hoping you get your own place soon. And yay for the commute being cut in half. They say commuters cut their life span by so many years or something like that. Just think how much time a person spends in traffic and what you could do with all that extra time. When we were in CA DH's commute was 1 1/2-2 hours in the evening, an hour in the morning. If there was an accident on the freeway, well...might as well just forget it. As always, little miss Gaby is the cutest!

HI YA JULES!has DD heard anything about the apartment? Or is she moving home for a while? Hoping all is well with you and yours.

Nothing much going on with me...been in a mood for some reason and haven't felt much like posting, or doing much of anything. I have been keeping the house clean though. That's really about it. Today was grocery shopping day...I always dread it too. Plus the weather is dreary...anywho...take care ladies.

Hugs :hug:

Michelle
10-27-2006, 01:10 AM
CRISTINA...I know I shouldn't be so hard on myself with guilt, but it's something I'll have to work through, and hope it passes with time. I know I did so many good things for my mom, but I do get so upset with myself when I think of times that I could have been way more patient with her, and also been around for her more these past few months. I do try and think of all the good times we had and all of the times that I did help her out. My DH and DD are constantly getting on me for this, and reminding me over and over. I'll probably drive everyone crazy during my grieving time, but I know eventually there has to be brighter days ahead. Today was another sad day because a very good friend of ours lost her husband to a long horrible battle with cancer. We used to go over to their house for BBQs and we had so much fun, and he was always laughing and joking around. Our friend is now left with their two sons that are in high school. I hope you are feeling better and not feeling so down. I have many of those days, constantly.:( :hug:

RosieKate
10-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Good Morning, Gals!

Michelle - :hug: :hug: Hope today is a little better. I remember your posts awhile back about some of the boundaries you had to set with your mom and I recall them as being completely appropriate. I know the grief is so hard, but I think your strategy of focusing on all the good tings you loved about your mom is going to pull you through this.

Cristina - hope your weather is better and you feel a little less dreary. My day yesterday was kind of like that, too. I was cleaning house most of the day - probably had something to do with it.

Well, here I am - supposed to be at step class, but here instead! I decided to talk a walk while DD is at preschool. She's at a new preschool that is by a park with a great trail. The weather should be good, so off I go. I am listening to Legend of Sleepy Hollow on my ipod - perfect fall listening, imo.

BTW - I have found free downloads of audiobooks at Librivox ( I think it's a dot org) If any of you like to listen to books, it's worth a look. These are books that are in the public domain and are read by volunteers. I've listened to Pride and Prejudice as well and it had an excellent reader.

Other than the walk, I'll work on knitting projects. My son's school carnival is tonight, so we'll go to that. I am going to work on portion control today, 'cause I haven't done that at all this week :dizzy: Thank goodness for workouts or I'd be gaining!

Hi to Susan, Bep, Jules, Sue and everyone else!

Mom2Gaby
10-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Good Morning -

Something I learned this week Michelle about my depression with my father. It is kind of weird but my friend was questioning me about why I was feeling so guilty over the death and I explained that and he asked some more questions - blah - blah and I finally answered........holding onto the guilt makes me feel like he is still alive. That if I let go of the depression it would feel like he really is dead.........at least with the depression I feel something........if I am happy it seems wrong because my dad is dead.
How insane is that? My dad would want me happy.
So, I was going to buy this balloon and go up to my dads gravesite and release it up in the air. Kind of an imagine thing where the depression & guilt are flying away. 4 months is long enough.

Katy - What about the Burger King structure? Excited about the kaiser thing for you.

Cristi- you feeling better? I clean my bedroom every morning before I leave. My mom still comesin and cleans....lol argh.

Hi to everyone else!!!! :)
I better get to work. I get my own place in a week to manage!! Yeah.

Michelle
10-27-2006, 02:42 PM
SUSAN...That philosophy makes really good sense. I will be happy when I can also feel that way too. So are you moving into a complex that you will be the manager at? If so, what area? Don't work too hard today. I'm going to run to Kmart and Fred Meyer. Talk to you later.:hug:

Mom2Gaby
10-27-2006, 03:12 PM
No, I don't have to live on site anymore Michelle. I get to still commute to the PGE park area after the 5th.
I might move into my own place by 11/15, not sure. My mom wants me to clear up some bills first so she is wanting me to stay longer. Not sure yet...would love to make my own holidays in my own place! :)
anyway- I ate a reduced fat turkey sandwish from Starbucks. I think 300 calories....I am so hungry now!

chat later.

Michelle
10-28-2006, 02:33 AM
SUSAN...If you can tolerate living with your mom longer, that would be a good idea to first be able to get all of your bills caught up, so that's one less worry for you when you are on your own.;) Is your office by the PGE Park area? That's a very pretty area around there. My younger DD has been staying with her friend every weekend, and going over a couple times during the week, for a long time now, and this was the first week she has not wanted to go over anymore. It's nice to have her home more, and especially on a Friday night. She said things just seem so different since her grandma is gone, and she doesn't like me to be alone when my DH is working his second job. It's gotten better for me during the day time, but nights still get me a little uneasy, and I don't like to be alone now, I just can't explain it. Sunday will be a very hard day when we go to my mom's place and move everything. We have no idea what all we will find there, but I will be so relieved to just have it done. Every time I have to go there, it brings up more feelings. What plans do you have for the weekend? Tomorrow I'm just going to be home and doing some housework. Have a good night!:hug:

jules1216
10-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Michelle--my fil's death hit harder than I thought that it would. Are there any support groups in your area? Our local hospital has several grief support groups.

SuzyQ--I love my mother but I don't think I could live with her again....I think dd's having the same mixed feelings about the possibilty of moving home. I think you should get your bills taken care of first too. One less thing to stress about when you do actually move wouldn't be a bad thing. You can do a tight budget that looks really good on paper but then life happens and you get hit with car problems, medical bills or whatever else. It gets hard with those tight budgets to never have any extra $ to do anything also--speaking from experience.

Cristina--DD will be moving somewhere next weekend.....she didn't get the apartment she was hoping to get. When we looked at it is we $500/month and then he relisted it at $550 and ran it again. A friend of mine said that even though DD called back to say she was still interested even with the extra $ that legally he would have to give it to her at the lower price. It makes me wonder if that is the reason. Who knows? We looked at two more. The first one actually had floors that were so slanted that you felt like you were on something just walking across the room and it was also pretty nasty and not in a real nice part of town though it did have off street parking. The second is in the town I work and a half hour away from where we live. It is an apartment complex that is very nice and she will be in the building that allows pets. It is less than 10 minutes from I-70/I-81 interchange and a straight shot to her job which is also right off I-81. Because the town she live is now is so far away from the interstate she has to take back curvy roads and it takes about 20 minutes to get to work. The straight shot on the interstate will make the drive about 30 minutes and the interstate is plowed in the winter if it snows and the back roads she takes now aren't plowed as often as the interstates and snow emergency routes. The new place is about 10 minutes away from the community college she wants to transfer to. The tuition is almost 3/4 less a semester. Since she changed her major to Accounting I think it won't matter what school she goes to, but what the score will be at the end when she takes the CPA test.

Katy--I know what you mean about gaining and losing the same five pounds--so aggravating!! good luck with the study. I really liked the sweater it's nice and you have have such a nice looking family. The addition is good too!!

RosieKate
10-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Jules - yeah- I hate those 5 lbs! If I can just get past those, I could do anything. I took my ticker off my siggy 'cause I got tired of looking iat it. When I start the study on the 9th, I'll put it back up.

Susan - I love my mom, too, but I know living with her would be a challenge. You've made this long...so maybe a little longer wouldn't be so bad? Hey - Leigh loves BK so if you want to get the girls together there - we would love to! We like to go in the morning when they first open - not as many people there.

Michelle -Wow! You sure can tell you have lost weight by looking at your pictures....you look great! keep up the great work. Hope cleaning out your mom's place goes well :hug: :hug:

Today is another busy one. J has soccer this morning, then a playdate later. He and I are going to volunteer at our church's community table meal this afternoon. It's our first time and we are packing food boxes. The meal is prepared at the end of the month for folks on food stamps because that's when they run out. So they get a meal from us and a food box to tide them over. I'm glad my son is willing to do this with me.

gotta run - have to get these kids fed before soccer

have a great day everyone

Michelle
10-28-2006, 01:26 PM
JULES...I don't know about the support groups around here. Right now, I just don't feel that comfortable talking to others that I don't know. Each day has its ups and downs, but I know I WILL pull through this eventually. It hasn't even been two weeks yet, so I know there will be brighter days ahead. This is just going to be a very hard week, because tomorrow we go move everything out of my mom's place, and then Thursday is her memorial service, and there will be her doctor there and people from her assisted living home. Also, my 12 year old niece is getting up to sing one of the songs with the organist and vocalist, so I already know to have some kleenexes with me. I think that's terrible that your DD didn't get the first apartmentment that she liked. I don't understand how he can just go change the price and relist it after he had already shown it to her with the first price!:?: That seems very wrong!:hug:

KATY...Thank you so much for the compliment on my picture! I too can see that I don't have a huge double chin anymore, and seeing this makes me want to keep going even more! Have fun today!:hug:

HELLO.....Cristina, Susan, Sue and anyone else I may have missed!!!;) :hug:

FrouFrou
10-28-2006, 03:24 PM
Hello ladies...

KATY...are you excited about the program on the 9th? I wish they had something like that here. I too keep losing the same 5 pounds over and over, ugh. And yeah, if I could get passed that I would/could do better. Hope you and J have a nice time volunteering.

SUSAN...I have to agree witht he others about staying with you rmom a little longer. And maybe she can help you through your depression with the loss of your father. I'm sorry you are having a hard time with his loss. I wish there were some magic words or something I could do or say to help out. I've not lost a parent and even though I know losing a loved one is hard I think each loss is different so I can't even relate to the loss of a parent. But I can give you lots of cyber hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Is Gaby excited about Halloween? I can't believe it is here already. :ghost: :witch: :bat: :badbat: :sklol: :haphal:

JULES...that just seems so weird about that guy doing that with the apartment. Not sure why if he knows someone wants it that he would relist and add $50...doesn't make sense at all. But then a lot of things don't make sense. Well, I am hoping she finds the perfect place for her and...it is close to both school and work. Hey, about changing to community college...I am assuming it is the same every where but maybe not. Tell Terri to make sure if she goes to the community college that she can transfer her credits to a University if she goes back to one. DS did his Associates at CC and was told all his credits could/would be transferred. he even checked with the univeristy and whoever told him yes they were wrong. He had to take those credits again. But yeah, I would go to CC too...it is a lot cheaper. I even thought about going to get an associates in something. Not sure what so never did go, lol. Maybe one day.

MICHELLE...I hope you are having a better day today. I will be thinking of you tomorrow as you go through your moms stuff. Maybe that will help you a little...reminiscing. :hug: I know you probably don't want to go to a support group because you don't know the people but you guys would all have something in common and I think while you wouldn't know the people because of that bond it would make you feel like you did. I've heard a lot of people do benefit from these groups. I wish I had found one when DH died. I did find lots of help online with the loss of our baby...maybe that would be better...finding a support group online. I never realized how many women went through and go through the loss of a baby and have the same feelings I had. I still frequent a few that I have been with since 2000. And I can really see the difference in the pictures, wow! You've come a long way! :carrot:

Hi BEP...must be too busy walking those pounds off to check in! Something I need to be doing.

I had to run to the library this morning and the grocery store to pick up a couple of things. Now just hanging around the house today doing some cleaning, christmas cards, scrapbooking and stuffing stockings. Sounds like a lot but I know I won't do it all. That is my list of what to do this weekend and I am hoping to get it all done by tomorrow. Just me and DD home today and she is reading. Anyway...

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! :hug:

jules1216
10-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Hi All!! I hate all this waiting for call backs and in a way wish my DD would just give up on the whole looking for a place. If she is home, her only bills are her cell phone, gas, car insurance and school and those all of those are less than $300 a month. She wouldn't have to keep trying to work full time and go to school and could cut back to a part time job. Since the ex left she has been pushing her self and going full tilt. She is starting to slow down and if she gets a place she wants to be on her own, she is liking the peacefulness of being alone and is started to let herself slow down some. She's 19, so she won't listen to me, she has to do it all the hard way. Well, I guess one way or another it's decision time the end of this week. The only concern I have about her coming home is that her and her Dad tend to put me in the middle. They are both hardheaded and want things their own way and have quick tempers and both complain about the other and want me to take care of the situations between them so they don't have to deal with it. I am the peacemaker trying to smooth both sides but then there are the times they both turn on me and act like they never complain about each other or ask me to work something out with the other that has them upset or mad.

Katy--I think it's good to get your kids involved in volunteer work. As a family we participated in feeding the hungry that a local businessman and a area hotel do every Thanksgiving, they participated in a "soup kitchen" on wheels that fed the homeless in Baltimore and various other projects. My son even went on a mission trip to Mexico when he was 17.

Michelle--I hope your having a better day....

Cristina--The community college credits would transfer to the college, but there is a area Business college that their credits don't. I am thinking like her that the only thing that really matters is the CPA test at the end. I think it's great what you are doing for the troops. A young guy here at work just enlisted and is going over. His last day was Thursday. Talked to Jason and he said he got to see Ireland on the way back from Iraq. He doesn't talk about Iraq alot but then he is very quiet anyway and doesn't like to talk about himself. DS doesn't have Tony's address yet.

SuzyQ--hope the teenagers didn't give you too much grief at the mall. When do you take Gaby trick or treating?

Bep--Miss you!

Well I am going to head off to the gym...

bep
10-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Hi there! Sorry I haven't been by. I am down 1 lb this week. It would have been more if I hadn't pigged out at a buffet this past weekend and if I had behaved myself at a couple get-togethers over the weekend. Oh well...I will take the 1 lb!

RosieKate
11-01-2006, 09:15 AM
Just popping in to say hi and hope everyone had a great Halloween! We sure did.....I'll need today to recover - bleh It was my DD's birthday and I ate waaay too much..so today is back to normal, thank goodness.

FrouFrou
11-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Hi Ladies...

Katy...I forgot it was Leigh's BD yesterday, duh! Sounds like she/you guys had a Happy one!

Bep...WTG on the pound! Hey, a pound is a pound less and I think you did good considering eating out. :carrot:

Jules...you sound like me...I try to be the peacemaker, doesn't always work but I try. So did DD get moved? I can relate to her also wanting to be in her own place.

Halloween was okay. DH and I ran to SAMS to pick up a few things, mainly water. I was really low, think I only had 6 bottle left. It is the cheapest there and you get more. Did n't have many trick-or-treaters for some reason. Had maybe 40 if that. I was a little disappointed. I enjoy seeing the kids, the little guys. Seems we had more older kids this year, between about 10-13...they came in groups of 4 or 5. Then a few little guys.

Hope all is well in your corner of the world. :wave:

RosieKate
11-01-2006, 07:09 PM
A quick hi!
I found out my diet assignment today - it's the DASH diet
http://dashdiet.org/

Pretty basic stuff, and it will work well at home as DH is trying apply many of these dietary recommendations to keep his cholestrol lowered. He's had quite a bit of success and wants to keep the momentuim going. I'll have to tell you all about that later when I have some more time. But for now, this is what I'll be doing for the 30-month study I was just accepted into.

jules1216
11-02-2006, 07:56 AM
DD didn't get the little apartment she saw first, she did get unto the apartment in the complex but then decided to ask if she could not take it but try again later. Her budget looked good on paper but then we all know that life happens. She ended up moving in with her friend Kia and the girl's boyfriend. They are both nice and Kia is as obsesive compulsive about cleanliness as Teri. The boyfriend is the peacemaker and really sweet--both girls can get dramatic and hard-headed. I took more boxes over and everything is packed. We moved a bunch of stuff over last night and have the truck today to finish up.We won't be able to clean as well as we wanted to since the old roomate turned the water off on the 31st when she knew dd would be there finishing up through the 3rd. I think she is ticked because she wanted dd to move in the three bedroom apt shared by her & her bf and the bf's sister and her bf to share the expensive rent you pay in a college town. DD says she did go to look at it but the place was so messy she was afraid to sit down.

Well, i'l be back for individuals later...maybe tomorrow!!

FrouFrou
11-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Hiya ladies...

JULES...glad Teri found a place and hope she likes it! How are you doing missy?

KATY...I am going to have to take a look at the site and see what it's all about. I didn't realize you had to sign up for 30 months. But hey, it's always nice getting outside help. I totally wish they had something like that here. I would jump at the chance to do it!

SUSAN...hope all is well with you and Miss Gaby.

MICHELLE...same, hope all is well with you and yours. I know today is a hard day so I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts. :hug:

BEP...are you staying away from those buffets? Those are terrible aren't they? I mean they are good to go to and eat but bad on the ole diet.

Busy day today. Thursday is my shopping day and I usually do most of my errands this day also. Now just waiting for Vince to get home to take a shower. We are headed to Olive Garden for dinner and then to Target to get some Christmas lights. I am excited about the holidays but I know as they near it will be a sad time for me. But, I am trying to stay busy to keep my mind of Josh being deployed. He'll be home soon enough for some much needed R&R. Anywho...hear Vince unlocking the door so better get going.

Hope all is well with you and yours in your little corner of the world. Take care ladies...chat with ya later. :hug:

Mom2Gaby
11-02-2006, 08:17 PM
awwww, just want to check in and say hello! I will have to play catch up later over the weekend.
Though wonderful on the DASH diet Katy!! I agree with Cristi getting the outside help will be a plus. BK is fine, I have a 10:30 speech appt for Gaby though on Saturday and Sunday is probably out with church. Maybe the following weekend?Would love to get the girls together.

Michelle - thinking of you :)

I am sorry about Josh Cristi. How long is he enlisted for?

Julie!! hey missy. lol...........omg! I almost forgot. I am going to Hawaii January 25th!! He bought tickets for Gaby and myself to go over for 2 weeks.It will be great to see him again and have some r&r.

catch up later!!!!

RosieKate
11-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Me again!

Cristina - When does Josh get to come home for some R & R? I bet you can't wait! Are there other families in your area that are supporting their children in Iraq that you can hook up with? I bet you could help each other alot, particularly through the holidays. Have fun at OG, but don't take that endless bread stick thing too seriously :dizzy: The dash diet is the diet that the USDA food pyramid is based on, so if you go to www.mypyramid.gov, you can get lots of good diet info

Susan- Yay for Hawaii! I was wondering if you and Rocky were still planning visits and such. emphasis on the "and such" ;) BK would be great, but lets do something after the 11th. My son has soccer til then, so Saturdays are busy and we have church on Sundays also.

Jules - glad your DD found a place. It's great to see her getting on her feet after a tough year and making a go of it on her own.

Leigh is very cute - has to check with me every day to make sure she's still 5 - hee hee

We found out today that we need a new oven - yuck. Well, we will probably bite the bullet and get a really good one so we won't have to swap out in another ten years. Is it just me or is ten years a pretty lame-*** excuse for a stove life expectancy? I guess people get what they pay for and this was a pretty routine no-frill electric stove...oh well. I just long for the days when appliances didn't have this planned obsolescence built into them..can't things be made well anymore?

OK - enough huffing and puffing for one night. I bought some Caesar salad from Costco today and boy is it yummy...I'm having it with some roasted chicken and a nice shiraz. I thinks its PMS - just got a huge craving for a full-on Caesar salad. So I indulged.

Michelle
11-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Hi Ladies -- Today was a very sad day with the memorial service, but it went very nicely. There were many kind people that loved my mom and it really showed today. There were many tears shed, but I felt very close to her. I feel so exhausted tonight and I have a bad headache so I'm going to head for bed early.

SUSAN...Thank you for thinking of me, you're a sweetheart.:hug: Also, so glad you and Gaby get to go to Hawaii in January for some rest and relaxation.;)

CRISTINA...Thank you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers, I really appreciate them and your friendship.:hug:

JULES...So glad your DD got moved and is in a place that she will feel more comfortable now. Atleast she's settled and you don't have to worry about that anymore.:hug:

KATY...I have heard of another lady doing the Dash Diet and she liked it. Good luck and I can't wait to see your progress.:hug:

jules1216
11-03-2006, 08:31 AM
Well yesterday was fun with laughing and joking with my daughter but we had a few minor/major blips. We will finish up today and do cleaning the best we can with a couple of jugs of water since the roomate turned the water off on Tuesday, electric is scheduled to go off today. The truck I borrowed sits a little higher than most and has an extra long bed. It was kind of scary at first especially when I had to fill up with gas when I first got it and the backing up took some getting used to. My daughter kept singing Gretchen Wilson's Redneck Woman. She said she wants a big truck again or at least a smaller Toyota with a lift kit, she had wanted one for years after seeing a petite woman who owned one down in NC while vacationing with her grandparents. She thought it looked cool. The guy who owns the truck I borrowed owns a company that does springs and lift kits and there have actually been Monster trucks worked on there.

Well I am off to go ahead and get the boxes myself--there are none that are really heavy. Did I mention I am already sore...I should be not able to get out of bed tomorrow....I think I will skip the gym today--I have had a really good workout just climbing in and out of the back of the truck and moving everything!!

jules1216
11-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Michelle-your daughters are so beautiful---just like their Mom. I hope you don't end up with a migrane. Yes, I will be able to stop worrying about where dd is going to live, but I am sure a worrier like me can find someting else to stress myself over!!

Katy--you will have to keep us posted with your Dash Diet. Before Montgomery Ward closed it's doors my Mom had to replace the fridge that she had for over 30 years which she had purchased at MW in the 60's. The older guy that delievered the new one took one look at the old big, maroon one and asked how long she had it and then said not to expect this one to last as long, since they don't make things like they used to, that if you get 10 to 12 years out of an appliance, you have done well and nothing made today will last over 30 years like in the "old" days when things were made to last.

SuzyQ--Hawaii in January sounds nice. Do you usually get alot of snow in the winter? R & R...is that what we call it ;) .....(j/k) Have you ridden on any motorcycles yet?

Cristina--I love OG, especially their salad dressing, I don't go often but always come home with a bottle of dressing when I do. When does Josh get his two week leave? Jason is coming from OK at Christmas, he will be hanging out with my kids and get to see his. His gf had their two kids before he turned 17, she's a few years older than him and the kids stay with her mom who is like another mom to Jason and his brothers who had really bad parents. DS talked to Tony, but forgot to get the address or his email, but he's okay.

Bep--yeah on the one pound. Come back and stay longer!!

FrouFrou
11-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Howdy Ladies...

To answer your questions about Josh...no clue when he will be home for some R&R. He put in for December, January or February so more than likely it will be March, lol! That's the Army for ya. Poor kid needs a break though.

KATY...I've not found a support group yet. But then I kind of have. Okay, so I looked and looked and looked and nothing. Then last night as I was reading the paper, there's a section called Community and what do I come across? A meeting for Blue Star Mothers on the 13th. I can't tell you how much I looked and how many people I contacted trying to find something in this area. I still don't know where it is yet as I have to call to RSVP if you will. It is a Chick Flick and Chili night for mother's who have a son or daughter in Iraq or Afghanistan. Little Leigh sounds so cute...can't believe she is 5 already!

SUSAN...I too was wondering if you and Rocky were still in touch. I think a trip to Hawaii is just what you and Gaby need! Umm, can I tag along? Hawaii in January sounds so nice and warm. Josh has another 2 years in the Army, another 7 months in Iraq. Unless they change that again. Was 14 months and then they changed it to a year so we'll see.

MICHELLE...glad the memorial went well. Isn't it nice to see that so many loved and cared about your mom? I love you new avatar and picture in your siggy. Your DD's ARE beautiful!

JULES...good deal that DD is getting settled in her new place. And glad you guys had fun with the moving and cleaning. Sounds like she is in great spirits. Glad Jason will get to see his kids for Christmas and hang around with you all. And...glad Tony is doing well. I remember MW. When I was first married we bought a vacuum cleaner and a lawn mower from them that I loved. The vacuum died a few years later but we had that lawn mower for 12 years. It was funny because DH refused to get a new one even though the handle had fallen off and a couple of other things. Well, when the handle fell off I thought YAY! we're going to get a new mower. NO...he welded a handle on and it lasted a few more years. But ya know what? When he died that lawn mower did too. It never started again after he was killed...so weird but true.

Anyway, better get going ladies before I start babbling more, lol. Take care and I hope everyone has a great weekend!

jules1216
11-03-2006, 06:34 PM
We are done and the place looks so much better than when they moved in--dd says she is kind of sad, she loved that little house, the layout of it and the colors they picked to paint it, won't miss the nasty neighbors on the one side, the crummy landlord or the creepy basement that they found out has mold--no wonder both of them were having allergy issues.

I am so sore....I don't think I will be able to move tomorrow--I can't believe that we did it ALL ourselves.....DH didn't even offer to help today while he was off....

Cristina- My DH is just like your first was..he fixes everything--hates to buy new..

Goodnight ladies..I brought pizza home for me and DH...I am definitely too tired to cook...

FrouFrou
11-04-2006, 02:24 AM
Did someone say pizza? :hun: :jeno: :T After all you and DD did JULES, I wouldn't cook either! I bet DD was a little sad to leave the house, you guys did so much work to it. But considering the bad neighbors, the dummy landlord and the mold, it's probably a good thing she got out when she did. I hope she will love her new place as much!

Was up late so thought I would check in. Trying to wait until I am really sleepy before going back to bed. DH has been snoring a lot the last few days because he is dog tired. I've been falling asleep fine but then wake up at 1 a.m. and have a hard time getting back to sleep. So I thought I would try to make it to 1 and then go to sleep, lol.

HI to everyone :wave:

Have a good weekend ladies!

jules1216
11-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Cristina--Does your DH not believe it when you say he snores...mine always denies he does it--there have been nights I have had to start out sleeping on the couch because he so loud!!

Michelle
11-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Hi Ladies -- Sorry, but I'm just not feeling up to much today and I hate to even come here and be such a downer.:cry: Today will be yet another sad day. My sister is coming over later this afternoon when she gets done with all of her appointments, to go through 20 boxes of my mom's things, so we can divide them up between us. It's so hard right now, because all of the boxes are stacked in my living room, and to know all of my mom's memories and belongings are there is so sad. This has been another hard week with her memorial service and moving all of her stuff out of her apartment, and it has brought me very down again. The only thing I keep trying to do is take it one day at a time, and I rely on my faith and family so much. I just miss my mom so much, and I know I cannot wish her back on this earth, with all the pain she was in every single day, but I just wish one more time to talk with her, and hug and kiss her. Thank you ladies for letting me keep talking about this, because I know I must be a downer quite a bit lately, but I don't know what else to do right now. I hope all of you have a nice day!:hug:

RosieKate
11-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Hi Michelle - hope it went well yesterday ..we are all here for you - this is a great place to to just get it all out.

Ok - I bought the new stove. Since we decided on an electric coil, we went ahead and bought a microhood as well. Yay- more counter space. The guys are making great progress on the bathroom....It a race round here to see if the new bathroom can be finished before the plumbing breaks down on the old bathroom.

Jules- When DH snores I roll him onto his side and it stops. Dunno why that works, but he doesn't mind because he knows that I am a light sleeper. He also doesn't snore every night thank goodness.

Hi to everyone else!

jules1216
11-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Michelle--just call us your group therapy....every death is hard in it's own way. Just take it step by step and keep moving forward. The boxes in the living room would definitely have an effect on me and the sooner you get them divided and put away or items to goodwill, the better since it is upsetting you as a constant reminder.

Katy--I tryto move hubby but he is such a light sleeper/insomniac he gets mad if I wake him. I have to agree I am thankful that it is an occasional thing rather than a nightly one. I am all for more counter space--in my small kitchen it is tight. Big holiday dinners are rough.

DD is off next Thursday and Friday and her and her little dog may be spending the night with us at least one of those. The new roomate and her boyfriend argue alot more than she thought that they did and both are trying to pull her in the middle--she is going to sit them both down and tell tham they need to grow up--she says she feels like a parent already and she has enough problems of her own. The one fear that DD had was that the friend is very dramatic and DD tried her hardest to get her own place and not live with any of the "couples" that had a spare room and wanted help with the bills. She says she will try to make the best of it but she is putting back the maximum amout into savings and is going to continue looking for something more affordable on her own. We haven't checked out the apartments in the town that I work, only looked at the apartment complex that accepts pets and she had to take a two bedroom which is a little pricey on her income by herself. I hope that the three of them can work it out and she can be there for at least a year. I still want her to just move home, but DD & DH don't see that happenning.

Well I gotta get going, I need to get the rest of her stuff that we dropped off here put away and go to the grocery store since I didn't make it on Friday. DS & his gf are coming out today.

Michelle
11-06-2006, 01:05 AM
KATY...I know that it's easy for me to talk to everyone here, but sometimes I feel like I'm dragging others down with me. Thank you for making me feel like it's okay to keep talking, even if it's mainly about my mom right now.:hug:

JULES...I do feel like it's therapy a lot of the time when I can come here and talk. The boxes in the living room were hard to have just sitting there, and I had to push my sister a little bit, but I'm glad it's done now. Our living room looks so pretty with her curiel cabinet and china in it, plus I have one of her pretty throw blankets and pillow on the top of my couch. That's great that your DD and her dog will be able to come stay a night with you this week. My DD is off Thursday and Friday also, and my DH is off Friday, so we're taking DD to a college visit that day from 9-2.:hug:

HELLO to everyone else, and I hope all of you are doing good!:hug: Besides sorting everything out yesterday, I have just stayed home all weekend, except DH and I went grocery shopping tonight. He had the flu really bad a couple weeks ago, and now he's got a horrible cold, so I think he may be staying home tomorrow. We got some cough syrup and cough drops tonight so hopefully that will help him out, because he sounds miserable.:(

FrouFrou
11-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Hello ladies...

JULES...DH does believe me when I saw he snores but, he doesn't believe me when I say it is really bad, loud. I told him I am going to record it some night. It's not an every night thing, or I am just too tired some nights I am out before it gets bad. It's really bad when he is really tired. Well, I do hope DD is going to be able to stay there for a while. It's terrible when others put someone else in the middle of their arguing. Hopefully when she talks to them it will open their eyes.

KATY...rolling DH on the side doesn't work because he sleeps on his side! When he turns on his back I give him a little nudge because it is 100 times worse. I try not to be so hard on him though. He has sleep apnea and uses a breathing machine. And did have his sinuses opereated on a few years ago. Yay to the new range and microwave! :carrot:

MICHELLE...ditto what the others said. I think it is good to get it out rather than keep it to yourself. We all know that you lost your mother and there's no way that you are bringing us down because of it. You are going thru a rough time and you need to talk about it, believe me it helps. You might not think so right now but it does. And it will get better. :hug:

SUSAN...hoping all is well with you and Miss Gaby.

Take care ladies and have a good day.

bep
11-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Hi everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Just a 2 second check-in to say I am down 2 lbs this week! YIPPEEEEE!!!

jules1216
11-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Just a quick pop-in...really tired today....everythings good though!!

Michelle
11-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Hi Ladies -- WOW, it's pretty quiet here lately.:o Still just hanging in there and taking it one day at a time. I so wish that I could get myself refocused and back on track again, but it's just not in me yet. I've pretty much just been maintaining my weight. I hope all of you are having a nice day.:hug: :hug: :hug:

suetalks
11-08-2006, 10:25 PM
A quick pop in here too. I am getting ready to look for air fares so we can go West.
Going to close on the sale of our house tomorrow...YAY!

Hi everyone.

Michelle
11-08-2006, 10:56 PM
SUE...Where will you be going when you come to the West? That will be great to have the closing of your house done!;)

RosieKate
11-09-2006, 10:24 AM
Good morning!

In the midst of a hellacious TOM....so been a bit cranky you might say.

Got the new stove and it's great! I love Sears!

Sue - Great news on the sale of your house - what a relief.
Michelle - you hang in there - you doing great considering the loss you are grieving. Just let yourself have all those emotions and, like you say, take it a day at a time.
Bep - WTG on your loss! Have you taken anymore progress pics?

Hi Jules, Cristina, and Susan - hope you are all having a good week.

As usual, I have not been losing, but my support group starts TODAY - woohoo. Let's hope I can get it in gear....

jules1216
11-10-2006, 10:49 AM
Katy--I will actually be taking a knitting class & a crochet class at the place I showed you the website for--DH is paying for them for Christmas. I can't wait. I am right there with you on the not losing...the support group sounds good. Are you liking the diet?

Michelle--Hi there, hope you are doing okay...

Sue--I am glad the house sale is finally over, I know you will enjoy the new place and take all the good memories of the old one with you. Did you say where you are going out west?

Bep--you are doing so good on your weight loss!!

SuzyQ & Cristina--hope all is well.

Colored my hair today--too many grays coming through...I use Feria Midnight Ruby. Took a bunch of mags to work to recycle and have a couple of boxes & an old electric typewriter to take to Goodwill. Getting back into the empty nest mode, must be winter coming. DH gets that SAD disorder and these early nights affect him in a not so nice way, so I just try to stay clear when he gets really moody and snappy.

Michelle
11-10-2006, 12:41 PM
:wave: LADIES...Yesterday DH and I took DD to a college visitation, and we definitely got in tons of walking, but it felt good!:^: The college is about 45 minutes away from our home, but she would live on campus, and we could pick her up on weekends and holidays, if she wanted to. I will definitely miss her, but I said atleast this way, she would be living there, but we would still see her more than if she went off somewhere far away, and she'll still be getting her independence. Hope all of you have a wonderful Friday!!!:hug:

KATY...Thank you for your kind words. Some days seem better than others, and I do take it one day at a time. If we would ever get some nice sunshiny weather again, that would definitely help the mood, but they're saying that today we're supposed to get up to 45 mph wind gusts and 100% chance of rain again.:(

JULES...I bet your hair will look so pretty when you're all done!;) I'm sorry you have to go through these kind of mood swings with DH. Sometimes I have to with mine too, and it can get tiring, but I just can't always be quiet, I have to let him know what I think about it.:o

Mom2Gaby
11-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Happy Sunday!

Trying to catch up with you all! I would love to learn how to knit Jules! Sounds like a relaxing thing to do. I forget how you learned Katy?? Classes?? Books??

Michelle - how are you today? I will IM you my new work phone number this week. HUGS.

Katy - went to BK today and it was sooooo LOUD! 2 little girls started to cry at the same time and it went on and on...lol , drove me nuts. Lets get together there sometime! I noticed they are taking applications for Playland people...I could do that part time. Offers 401k and medical....lol jk....I really was thinking about it though. Good luck on the diet thingie!

My new concept is not to weigh. I look in the mirror and go by my clothes. I am so tired of weighing in my life. I was going to retouch my hair this week and get a new outfit when I get paid. I guess I will stay at my moms until Feb. I will come back from Hawaii and move - like you all said it will give me a chance to catch up on bills.

Cristi! I FINALLY got your cards!! Even the one you sent to my old address. I got the card and a child support check all at once. :) Thanks!

Hi Sue.....take care. Your house is beautiful and I am happy you will get the chance enjoy it for the holidays. :)

Congrats Bep!

k- better get. I am working at the new place now for a week and it is SO nice. Very quite and peaceful. Love the area too, shops and neat stores to explore on lunch break. :)

HUGS to you all!!

FrouFrou
11-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...glad you finally received the cards. There are probably a few more out there in mail land. A friend of mine moves around so much it took months for me to get the letters and cards I had sent to her back and the funny thing is I think the PO was holding them because I got them all back the same day. The killer is the latest one they had put a sticky thing on it saying it couldn't be delivered because the time had elapsed to forward it but...they had her new address on it. Some of the things they do, do not make sense to me at all. Just glad you finally received them. I sent a card but I think I put Portland on it instead of where you are, doh! Hope you got that one or get it. Glad you are liking the new job...now will this be permanent eventually or what? I can't remember anything, if you mentioned it or not, sorry.

KATY...how is the plan going? Hope you are feeling better. I don't have TOM very often but when I do sometimes it makes up for not having one, ugh. Glad you are liking the new stove.

MICHELLE...so is DD going to go to that college for sure? Hope she does so she's close to home. And I hope you are having a good day. :hug:

JULES...I need to color my hair and get it cut. I never know what to do with it so let it go for a while and then whack most of it off. Your hair color sounds pretty. What a sweetie your hubby is...I hope you have a fun time at the class. I would love to do that one day.

SUE...going to be exciting having your first Thanksgiving in your new home! Glad you guys sold the other home and the couple love it!

So what are you ladies doing for Thanksgiving? Any special plans? We will be decorating outdoors for Christmas and I will be cooking for the four of us and wishing Josh was here. Vince is **** bent on frying a turkey so we are going to try it. I'm getting a ham just in case it's not good though.

Nothing else going on with me. I am down a pound, woohoo. Still going to it Figures and walking.

Hope all is well with you and yours. :hug:

RosieKate
11-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Hi all...
I missed a few days...gotta play catch up!

Jules - I'm so glad you are getting the knitting classes...that sounds like so much fun. You know, part of the fun of knitting has been finding others that do it, too. Then we get together and knit and chat and shop:eek: eek - no shopping! Sorry to hear your DH gets SAD.. I'ts hard to have that in OR 'cause our weather can get so dreary. I know folks that get these special lights that are supposed to help. My grandma always tells me to turn on all the lights in the house when we chat - so cute.

Susan- I'm with Cristina - what's up with the new job - I missed something. I would love to get together at BK with the girls. You can PM me here. My email and phone are the same if you still have them. My knitting history: I learned to knit and purl from my grandma when I was 9. After several projects that were variations on a theme ( ie, rectangles) I grew bored and dropped it for 20 years. I picked it up again when I was pregnant with DS and moved down the street from a yarn shop. I re-learned from a great book called Knitting in Plain English. Since then I've taught myself what I wanted to know from books and the internet and maybe the odd yarn shop employee who would be kind enough to show me something. If you want to learn that way I have some good internet resources if you 're interested.

Michelle - wow - a daughter off to college! That's great - is she excited? I remember enjoying that time so much - such a big step. I hope your days are getting better. I can't believe how stormy our weather has been. A friend of mine canceled a trip to the coast last weekend because there were reports of rotting cow carcasses washing up on the roads in Tillamook and people were getting tetanus shots - yuck. This weekend there's supposed to be 70 mph winds and more storms. My ILs are going to the coast for a few days and don't seem to think there's anything to worry about - but I'm a little nervous for them.

Cristina - yay for the lost pound! Here's hoping you never find it again! I've never tried fried turkey, but I hear it's delicious. We are going to visit my brother in Eugene for Thanksgiving. Yay - I don't have to cook and he eats very healthy. I may take some sides, but that would be cornbread or wild rice, nothing heinous. I've been thinking about your son over the last week with the elections and all.. I know we can't talk politics on this board so I wont get into it, but I do pray he can come home soon.

Hi Bep and Sue - hope the weather is good where you are at least!

My support group went well. I'm glad it's weekly for six months, that way if anybody starts driving me nuts, I know it won't last forever. The food plan is very manageable, I think. I need to aim for 1500-1800 cals a day, and really need to work on eating lots of produce (9-12 servings), low fat dairy (2-4 servings) and keep the fat at 25% or below of my daily calories. This week my goals were to write down everything I ate and eat 9 servings of fruits and vegetables every day. That was more challenging than I expected. I can get 8 in every day, but I need to work in more, obviously. I'm trying to focus on eating the produce part first, then the rest of the meal.. My other goal for the week was to exercise 5 times ----and I did it!

Thursday I get a new calorie guide at the group and I'll get a better grip on portions and writing down calories....

Thanks for asking, gals - It's nice to check in with you all and let you know how it is going. Sometimes I wonder what I've gotten myself into, but in the end I signed on for this 30 month study because I know I need the accountability. That has always been my Achilles heel with weight loss.

Any way - have a great day everybody!

suetalks
11-15-2006, 11:09 PM
Hello...Rainy and chilly here..again! I have never seen such a rainy Fall. I didn't get a walk today, but walked 7 out of the last 9 days. My eating has been pretty decent...AND I lost 2 pounds. I finally got below 170, which has taken forever.
We are heading West in a about 3 weeks. Yay! I will miss my new home, but 4 months in warmer weather has it's appeal!

Katy- Your new study/way of eating sounds like it is a very healthy way. I think the support group is such a good idea. How many people are actually in the group? We all probably need to eat more fruits and vegetables. Right now Clementines are in the stores here and I plan to buy some tomorrow. I can always munch on those! Yum.

Cristina- Yes, turkey day will be fun with DD and her family here. I made out my shopping list and need to get that done tomorrow. We were so happy that the new owners of our house seemed to love it. Of course, I doubt they would have bought it if they didn't, but they were overly excited. :) She asked me to come back when she had it all fixed up so I could see how it looks. She has several antiques that were similar to what I had, so she thinks I will like what she does. I don't know if I want to go back...but if she asks I might.

Susan- Feb. will be here before you know it, especially with the trip to Hawaii coming up quickly. You will have things caught up and be able to relax some. Keep up the good work on the inches!!

Jules- Yep, we are headed West soon. We have a winter place in LAs Vegas and believe me it is nice to get out of the cold and snow. It is not terribly hot out there, but at least you usually just need a jacket or sweater. No boots and snow shovels. LOL

Michelle- Hope things are going okay for you. That is exciting about your DD looking at colleges.

Bep- Where are you? Hope you are doing great!

jules1216
11-16-2006, 02:24 PM
Sue--warm in LV sounds like a nice winter place!!

Katy--I think I am going to take both the 4 week Knitting class in January and there is a 2 week crocheting in January too. Then in February there is a "how to knit baby blankets" --if I have the hang of it by then I am going for that one too--I will get enough practice to get it down very well. My niece, a friend (her fiancee is the one that introduced DH and I over 20 years ago!!--he's 44 and it will be his first child!!) and a coworker are all due in May and my DD's friend is expecting her second. She wants dd to go in the delivery room again with her (her DH goes too) After the first one dd said she's not sure that she wants to have kids--she may just adopt!! Good for you making your goals!!!

Cristina--My mom, ds & gf and dd and maybe the new guy will be there for Thanksgiving dinner. She seems to be really liking this new guy, though I am still hoping for Jason since I already know him. Jason will be in the military for another year and a half--I just wish he would have told her that he has liked her for the last five years after Marshall left her but BEFORE the other guy came in the picture. The other guy is the first guy DD has really liked since the ex. She met his mom and his sister and the sister's 4 year old son and she has met his kids--he is divorced with two kids. He is very close to his mom and his sister and they both fell in love with my dd. I have to say she has that newly in love sound in her voice and seems to be really happy. Actually the happiest I have seen her for any period of time since the ex left.

SuzyQ-- how are the new coworkers--I know you will miss the grumpy one with the psycho girlfriend!! J/K!!! Hawaii sounds like a great getaway--maybe Rocky will propose and you will move there!!!

Michelle-I have to warn you...it's hard when they leave, even when they are that close. Find yourself a hobby and get started on it now. I had such a hard time adjusting.

Dh has been working in the garage so it hasn't been too bad--he's trying to get the Studebaker ready for a trip to Indianapolis to see his Dad next June. He wants to have it roadworthy by spring so we can drive it around before making the 10 hour one way drive. I know I don't want to be stuck halfway there on the interstate!! On the way back there is a pottery place I want to stop at. It's halfway in Ohio and it's where we met his dad to pick up dd when she stayed the summer before she started working.

well, I gotta get to work!!

FrouFrou
11-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Hello ladies...

JULES...my grandpa had a studebaker that he roamed all over CA in when my grandpa passed. He loved that car. Glad to hear DD is doing well and seems to be in love. Isn't new love a wonderful feeling. Sometimes when I am in a rut I think back to when I met and fell in love with both DH's...makes me happy. Teri deserves to be happy after all she has gone thru.

KATY...I know what ya mean...I've been watching the news, reading the paper and magazines and I could scream sometimes. Josh is supposed to be coming home soon...a late Thanksgiving but early Christmas gift for us and him! I am so happy. :carrot: It's just for 2 weeks but I've not seen him since June! I'm glad so far your group is going well. I know the accountability is something that I can use as well. It sets your straight and you have the support. I know you will make goal before this is over! I'm jealous...I don't want to cook but will. Have a fun time at your brothers.

SUE...that's cool that the new homeowner invited you back to look at the house. You know, we've driven by our old houses here a few times and every time I think what were those people thinking? We had newly landscaped the one and they ripped it all up and put nothing in it's place. I've not been on the inside of either one and don't think I would want to.

MS SUZYQ...where are you? Again, I am jealous. I would love to go to Hawaii and I am saving because when Josh comes home from Iraq I will be there waiting for him with a BIG Welcome Home sign! He's supposed to be there a year so it woul dbe in August or Sept. too bad I have to wait soooo long! Bet you will be glad to get there and see Rocky!

MICHELLE...how are you doing? Are you doing a little better? Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

BEP & SHAWNA... are you ladies out there? Come on in and say HI when you get the chance.

Nothing much going on. Still trying to get my Christmas cards done. This is the most I have ever done I think. I've got about 50 for my military mom friends, then I've got MACS children, you ladies of course and then family, ugh! My hand is going to fall off I swear. I've not even started a letter yet. I plan on finishing up today though...gotta address about 20 more and stuff pictures in them. I'll worry about the letter in a week or so, there's still time. I just like getting it done early and getting it out of the way. Also have to clean Josh's room and get ready for his coming home. Can't remember if I mentioned but his room turned into a warehouse for care packages. His bed is covered, I've got magazines in his chair, a big bag of bubble wrap and boxes in the floor and I started a big box of Christmas stuff for his Unit. Going to finish packing that box and get their stockings stuffed and packed and tape up some boxes to clear his bed. After Christmas is over I am going to do themed care packages rather than try and send a little bit of everything over. Oh, a woman at Vince's work said her granddaughter is a teacher and wanted her class to make some Christmas cards for the troops, he brought those home yesterday. OMG, they are too cute. I want to hide most of this stuff from Josh so it will be a nice surprise when he goes back. :cry: I think I am going to be more emotional when he leaves this time. Anyway, I've turned into chatty Kathy...anyone remember those dolls?

Take care ladies and I will chat with ya later. Have a GREAT weekend!:hug: :hug:

Mom2Gaby
11-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Hi,

Congrats Sue and Cristi on the pounds lost!

I am here. I don't weigh anymore. I live in denial and eat all the carbs I want, as close to heaven as I will get. I love carbs! I love feta cheese too! Dang.
I don't think I will ever lose again. Pretty sure, so I am going to enjoy my plumpness. lol

I would love to learn how to knit Katy. Maybe I will pick up that book you mentioned. Best on the Plan thingie, you will be awesome and strutting around in your mauve bikini before you know it!!! :)

Cristi - ugh!!! I don't wanna hear about your Christmas cards! Way too organized!!!! Thank you for the Thanksgiving one!! That was sweet of you. HUGS to you and enjoy the time with Josh during the holidays :)

Jules - Very sweet card from you too!! Almost made me cry in the post office parking lot, I thought you were sending money!! lol JK....very sweet card.
Rocky already proposed 2 years ago when I went on the first trip. My mom really likes him and said I can do anything with him that I wanted, she trust me with him. He is a good man, we'll see.

Michelle - how are you??

Katy & Michelle - I will have to pm my number. I can look for yours Katy. It might be in my Yahoo email.

The job is temp. while the manager is on medical leave, I am only there for a planned 2 months. I don't really want to go back with annoying Co Worker, so stressful and the place where I am at right now is quite and peaceful. I wanna stay!! *wah....we'll see. I am just going to enjoy the time and look forward to Hawaii.

k- I better go. Gaby goes back to preschool in the village tomorrow. I was even thinking of moving back because that is the kind of chick I am. Take 2 steps forward and 3 backwards.....lol- so fruity.

chat later!!!
Sue - Where do you mean by West?? Where are you going??

Michelle
11-19-2006, 11:36 PM
Hi Ladies -- I haven't been on much this whole week, just been kinda down and out.:( Tuesday was a month since my mom passed away, and it just got to me again, and pretty much the whole week has been a little sad for me. Tonight I had my daughter and her husband over for dinner, and earlier today I thought for a second, I need to call my mom and invite her for dinner, and then I remember that's not possible. She loved my roastbeef dinners, and it just made me think of her. I miss her so much, and Thanksgiving will be a very hard day, because she loved coming to our house every year for my dinner and just spend the day with our whole family.:(

CRISTINA...Thank you so much for the Thanksgiving card! You are so thoughtful of others and I love your kindness.;) :hug:

SUSAN...Glad to see you're doing good and enjoying your new place of work, even if it is only temporary.:hug:

FrouFrou
11-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Hello ladies...

There you are Ms SuzyQ! Too bad the job is a temp position. And hey, maybe you should move back to the village. Not meaning to judge or anything but it seemed like you were happier there. At least you have Hawaii to look forward to. How's the Rockman doing anyway?

Hi Michelle...sorry you had a bad week. The holidays are the pits when you've lost a loved one. The first ones I had I did NOT want to celebrate at all, didn't seem fair to me. But, for the kids I did. If I didn't have my kids I don't know what I would have done. It surely would have been different. Lots of hugs to you my friend. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi to everyone else :wave:

I hear ya Susan about WI. I feel like sometimes throwing the scales out the window! But I don't for fear of gaining too much. I would just like to see the things go down. I am the same this week, well, actually last week was 198.8 and this week is 198.2 so...but I get so frustrated about WI, ugh! Didn't want to go work out but I did. I told myself I would do just 20 mns, but did go ahead and do 30. I always feel better for doing it but again, just get frustrated sometimes. Oh well, that's life...mine anyway. Anyway, wanted to check in and say HI and wish you ladies a happy holiday. I am going to be busy the rest of the week and won't be back to 3fc until maybe Saturday, not really sure. So...

:thanks1:A very HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you all!:thanks1:

jules1216
11-20-2006, 08:46 PM
Cristina--Tony's home on a two week leave!!! Jason has two weeks at Xmas. At least you are moving in the right direction no matter how slow your weight loss. DS is sick, I hope he feels better by Thursday. Thanks for the card!! I am going to start my cards over the long weekend.

Michelle--I am sorry you are down.

SuzyQ--just some things I thought you needed to hear and in a card so you will remember them!! Maybe you will get to stay at the place you are at instead of going back with grumpy.

Hi to everyone else!!

Mom2Gaby
11-21-2006, 03:16 PM
ahhhhh, lets explore that Cristi!! Was I happier in the Village???
I love the area, it so nice. I was happier with my own place, I think that is what I miss the most. It feels good though to catch up on bills. I couldn't be around the Ex any more and he lived just down the street, plus I wanted to be closer to the sitter.
Now Gab is back in her old preschool, so that seems mute. lol
I haven't been happy, I have been pretty depressed. I feel better now since I went on meds 3 weeks ago- total life saver! I swear, it feels like your brain is cleared of the cobwebs. I can focus and not be so easily distracted. I have taken a lot of steps to move past the depression. I think I might be strong enough and have learned coping skills where I could live closer to the ex and not get caught up in his drama.
I would just have my own drama.........lol
The residents like me here, which is a huge step. I think I have a good chance of staying. Rah, rah me!

awww, thanks Jules! I put it up in my bedroom. I tell my friends I have to go home and clean up my bedroom before I can go out on Friday night, otherwise mom grounds me.....lol

I am doing good on the eating! I don't overeat and I think I eat sensible and healthy. I love my low fat feta cheese on my greek salad and I try and make an effort to stay away from the pretzels!!

k- better get busy!! Taking Gaby in for her check up this afternoon.

hi to everyone!

jules1216
11-22-2006, 08:16 AM
SuzyQ--well you better keep your room clean--don't want to be grounded. I love greek salads too, when I go somewhere it's on the menu I always get it.

Not doing good with eating right or going to the gym. One of the girls that always brings birthday treats had a burthday on Monday--the one computer guy she brought cupcakes for gave her two HUGE candy bars and I went to Dairy Queen and got her favorite Mint Moolatte, of course I had to get one for me....large. I wonder how many calories were in that.

Both dogs have to go to the vet this morning for shots. We worked Sunday to be off today but since the appt is at 8:00 I am up early anyway. I am going to bake my pumpkin pies today I think...instead of trying to do everything tomorrow. Who knows.

RosieKate
11-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Skipping the gym...cause I just had to say

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Nah...I skipped the gym 'cause I couldn't get my behind out the door. I plan on getting a walk in this morning, tho. DH isn't working today, so I can leave the kids with him.

Susan - you sound more upbeat, glad the meds are helping you. And you're right - it is nice to get bills paid. This will all work itself out...I hope you get to stay at your new job placement; it sounds so much better for you. I know the lure of the village...so I can understand why you miss it. Every time we considered selling this little house to find something bigger, we never got anywhere with it because we just don't want to leave this great neighborhood.

Hi Jules - have fun baking today! I hate getting up early when I don't have to! It seems to happen more and more - I guess I just don't need as much sleep as I used to. I'm sure you'll get back to the gym after this busy weekend.

Michelle - sorry you are having a sad week - just do what you need to do to get through - take care of yourself.

Cristina - WTG for getting those workouts in...it's hard when there's so much holiday hubbub around. Your scale is moving - I can tell...so keep up the good work!

Hi to Bep, Sue and Shawna and anyone else reading this.

Well - we are going to Eugene tomorrow to visit my brother and his girlfriend. He's fixing everything and doesn't care for sweets, so I'm taking some cookies. How easy is that? It's kind of weird to have a Thanksgiving where I haven't orderd up the turkey and all that, but it's also kind of nice. My son's birthday is Friday, so that's what I am planning for instead. I noticed New Seasons has some cranberry stuffed turkey breasts on sale, so I may cook up one of those tonight, so DH gets a little bit of Thanksgiving fuss.

I am heading into the holiday with a resolve to have fun but not overdo it. I lost 4 lbs the first week of Insight, which thrilled me, of course. This week I don't have a meeting, and I appear to be holding steady. The hardest part will be DS' birthday cake ( Baker and Spice flourless chocolate..mmmmm), but I am going to try to stay away from it. Wish me luck!

Mom2Gaby
11-22-2006, 04:24 PM
That is so good on the 4 lbs Katy! Congrats. Eugene is a long drive, stay safe! I am going as far as my mothers kitchen. lol I wasn't asked to bring anything - just as well because 2 cooks in one kitchen is enough. I was going to go to my ex's and make some deviled eggs.

anyway- I lost my contact. It was itchy and I took it out to see if there was an eyelash and it popped out of my fingers, fluttered to the floor and landed on our multi blue carpat. can't find it. Maintenance Man came in with a flash light turned off the lights and looked. I was going to say something sexual but decided I better not and.........anyway he couldn't find it either. Dang - lol

I had a turkey sandwish for breakfast and bought a salad for lunch. I will have a light dinner. I haven't walked in a few days. Hard with the rain,rain and more rain. I am growing webfeet!!!! Quack, quack.....

Where are you Michelle??

Sure Jules.....I will clean my room. I swear my mom is snooping through my underwear drawer. lol....

anyway, besides the eggs I am making some cranberry jello w/ crushed pineapple, and walnuts. yum. I bought some size 10 pants last night and feel ok about that, I usually wear 8......blah - blah.

I better get back to work. Wishing you all a safe and Happy Thansgiving!! :)

jules1216
11-23-2006, 07:47 AM
:thanks1: :happ3: :turkey: :thanks2:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!! Hope you all have a great day!!!

Michelle
11-23-2006, 01:26 PM
Jules -- I love your new avatar!;)

Hi Ladies --- I'm really sorry I haven't been on much lately, but this week has been very hard on me, and today is the most difficult so far. I miss my mom so much and have looked at her picture many times this morning.:cry: Yesterday I baked a pumpkin pie and my homemade chocolate chip cookies, and I'm so glad I don't like sweets so I wasn't tempted at all.:p In about an hour, I will put the 20 pound turkey in the oven, and thank goodness for turkey oven bags, only about 3-3.5 hours and it's done and no mess!:D Then a little later, we're going over to my older DD and SIL's house, and my sister and her family will be there too. This will be the first year in awhile that we having had Thanksgiving at our house, because my mom always loved to spend the day here.:( I hope all of you have a Wonderful, Safe & Happy Thanksgiving!!!:grouphug: :thanks2: :turkey:

Sassy_Chick
11-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you all are having or have had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

:thanks1: :happ3: :thanks2: :turkey:

Mom2Gaby
11-25-2006, 08:53 PM
You all need t o come away from the table now and write something!! How was your Thankgiving???
I had a wonderul day at my mothers. My older brother and sister came over with their families. It was nice to hold a baby (my brothers) and visit. I had a decent platter of food, a little bit of everything but I didn't go back for seconds so I felt ok with that.
Today though (Saturday) I felt fat, bloated, chubby. So I *gulp* weighed. I HAD to see what the damage was as I was feeling my clothes becoming too tight again.
I was surprised. I have only gained 3 pounds since I stopped weighing a month ago. I can live with that.
I have 2 months to go until my Hawaii trip so I am determined to shed 20 pounds in the next 8 weeks. I am *gulp*.
I am going to go back to the old fashion counting calories and low fat diet that has always worked for me.Plus making an effort to drink at least 80 oz's of water a day and 30 minutes of exercise. Wish meuck!!! *gulp* lol

Gaby and I both have been sick with a cough, we are both better now. She had meds though for an ear infection. We went to a KidsFest last weekend and she stayed most of the time in the petting zoo, she loves animals.
Half way through my temp place of work, I have really enjoyed it - a wonderful break from co worker. I kind of miss him.....*gulp*.
We started going back to church. I love where I had been going, I don't know why I stopped, so I look forward to church tomorrow.

k- now time for all of you to chatter!!!!

RosieKate
11-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Quickie hi from me today...
Glad you all had a nice holiday...we did too. The drive to Eugene was not bad, though rainy. I ate more than usual but it wasn't a blowout. Same w/ Friday, as that was my son's 10th birthay. That meant pizza and cake - yikes!
I walked for exercise on both days and have been drinking lots of water, so it looks like I've held off gaining.

I hope to get a holiday e-card put together with links to my updated photo page. If any of you would like to receive one, could you PM me an email address to send it to? Some of the gals who have known me for awhile know that I am way lame on sending REAL cards. This seems to be what I can manage.....

Have a great Sunday everyone

Psss -have any of you been shopping? I've been shopping online, but haven't braved the malls......yet ;)

jules1216
11-26-2006, 04:38 PM
I have had computer issues again, but it looks like everything is fixed now. I started out with an entry level tech who gave me to the next level tech and she had a top of the line tech do an interactive and actually fixed the problem. About time, we have had issues for several weeks now. Hopefully this is the end of it.

The kids were over for Thanksgiving and we had a great time. DD had never been out at 5AM on Black Friday.....she doesn't want to do it again. We had fun though. She did get a $70 pair of boots on sale for less than $30 at JC Penney and a start on Christmas gifts. She was disappointed that there was no really great sales like she was expecting.

Katy-I bought DS's gf a pink crockpot online and I ordered a Crockpot cookbook for her and a ordered a Zombie book for DS....don't ask....he's obsessed.....I should have my cards in the mail tomorrow.

SuzyQ--I love zoos!!! There is a panda cam at the DC zoo that I have on my favorites at work. I miss having babies around but I am not so depressed with the empty nest thing that I want another and I am definitely NOT ready for grandkids yet!! My friend wants me to go in to the delivery room with her. She's due in May and her family lives three to four hours away--we keep joking the her fiance (friend of DH and I who set us up) will probably pass out.

Michelle--hope everything went okay on Thanksgiving and you made it through.

Sassy & Cristina & Bep--hi!! Hope all is going well for you!!

Sassy_Chick
11-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Hi Ladies! :wave:
I hope you all are doing well!

Mom2Gaby
11-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Happy Sunday!

I haven't braved the malls yet, Katy. I was going to ask if you have ever visited the Yarn and coffee shop in Sellwood? I pass by it every day (and night) you can see people in there drinking coffee and I assume knitting. Would love to go inside and browse around. I am glad your trip was safe :)

Jules - Gaby loves the animals , I think she will be a vet.This morning she was laying her stuffed dogs and cats on towels, they were napping and she crawls around on all fours and picks them up with her mouth. lol

Hi Sassy!!!

I drank a lot of water yesterday. I also dropped 2 pounds over night. Must be flushing out all the water?? Who knows. I had cheerios and a banana for breakfast and steamed veggies and low fat cottage cheese for dinner. I was going to have some protein and more veggies for dinner. Oh- I did have 1/2 a bagel for breakfast.
I took the girls to church and Gaby is going to be in the Christmas program coming up in December.
I haven't seen Beck all weekend.

So, how much are you all going to spend on Christmas presents? My mom said the average was $500 to $700 -can you believe that?
I am putting aside $150 a pay check for my trip to Hawaii. $500 should be enough to spend while I am over there. I might spend $150 on each girl for Christmas.

Better get!!! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

jules1216
11-27-2006, 08:32 PM
I spend about $100-$150 on both kids and about $100 on hubby. I buy for a few others and I do a gift exchange at work. I ordered a pink crockpot and a crockpot cookbook online for ds's gf. I will have to get something small for the new guy in DD's life. She is really happy with him.

SuzyQ--Gaby is so cute I miss having little ones. DD's new guy is divorced with two kids.

Sassy--stop back when you can chat longer!

I am being bad--I am so tired and having a really bad TOM so I am skipping the gym tonight--major cramps, I know---too much info!! I will probably just go to bed early.

suetalks
11-27-2006, 11:00 PM
HI there...Looks like everyone survived turkey day. I was wondering who was more stuffed, me or the bird...:) I really didn't do terrible, but I ate a piece of pie after dinner and a piece of cake later. Not to mention that I have had some form of sweet just about every day lately. Seems like a habit I am not having success in breaking.
On a plus note...I have been walking every day and I can really feel a difference to my outlook when I do that.
Christmas shopping? Haven't started. It is hard...our family is so scattered. I do lots of gift cards and for the little ones I send money to DD and tell her what to buy and wrap for under the tree from us. Sure isn't the same as being there though. And I didn'y shop on Black Friday. Wish I had though because there were some good deals out there.

Hi Susy Q...HAwaii is just around the corner, aren't you excited?
Jules....Glad to hear that DD has moved on and is happy. Sure a relief for a mother isn't it? We hate to see our kids hurting.
Sassy...HI>>>as fast as that turkey is stomping it won't have a bit of meat on it's bones. LOL..
Michelle...Hang in there, things will get easier. You will never, ever forget the good times and good things about your mother, but the pain of loss will lessen. DH and I both lost a brother this year and it hit us both on Thanksgiving. We just stopped and gave thanks for the lives they had lived and the times we had shared.
Katie...An e-card, what a good idea. I am afraid I will have to wait until we get out west to send cards...I bought several boxes last year and they are out there. :( I could buy more here, but I think I can do them quickly out there....will see.
Cristina....Hope your T day went well. How is the decorating going?

See ya'll later.

Sassy_Chick
11-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Hi all!!!

Well "our" Thanksgiving is over. It was nice, we didn't have to cook anything nor do dishes and have TONS of leftovers that MIL sent home with us!

I did really well and ate reasonable sized portions and didn't over stuff myself! :carrot:

I plan on cleaning tomorrow while DH is off helping our friend move into his new house. I don't know who is getting the better deal there! lol. I think I would be of more "use" staying home and cleaning anyways as I have a bad back and can't lift a whole lot. I'm usually the packer and unpacker when we move! lol.

We have been watching this new show we found called Man vs. Wild. Anybody here watch it? This dude used to be special forces in England or somewhere. He knows his stuff. What I like about him is he actually will do the stuff that people do and show you how to get out of it. Like lastnight he jumped into ice water (he was in the French Alps) and showed you how to get out and what to do. He totally stripped down, rubbed some snow on him (he said the snow will help absorb some of the water), started a fire, hung up his wet clothes and wrapped himself in his coat by the fire. Oh and he also did exercises -- NAKED. lol. But of course the private parts were blurred out. lol.

I dunno kinda interesting. I told hub I don't think I will be taking any trips like that anytime soon because I think I'd be totally screwed, at least with eating the nasty stuff. Won't say what, but it was gross. lol I said its a good thing I'm fat so I could survive longer because I can't see myself eating that stuff! lol. But I know its totally different when your in an actual situation like that.

Well I hope you all are having a great night!

:hug:

FrouFrou
11-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Hiya ladies...

Been short of time lately and not posting much, sorry. I am just enjoying Josh being home and did enjoy the holidays. Not so much the decorating part of it...once again I did too much. I was trying to get it done before Josh came home so he would come home to Christmas. But I will NOT do all this next year. I have already started planning for next year and will pack the boxes accordingly. Plan on doing lots of little bitty trees spread out and then a 2 foot tabletop tree where the big tree is that we really don't have room for. And we will either downscale our lights outside or have someone do it for us. It was hard on Vinces knees this year going up and down that ladder. Anyway...

SUZYQ...we usually spend a little over $200 each kid. Our plan is $200 but I always tend to go over $20-30. Started doing that years ago when the kids were little. They've never had anyone other than us buy for them so we always tried to make it good for them. I am glad that the meds are helping and you feel better.

KATY...WTG on the four pounds! :carrot: That is GREAT! :woohoo: How did DS's BD go? Glad you guys had a safe trip to and fro Eugene.

JULES...bet DS's GF is going to love that pink crockpot. Me and my mother went shopping once the day after Thanksgiving. We too were a little dissappointed in the lack of big sales. I've never done it again. Oh...me and Josh did make a trip to the mall this past Sunday...:yikes: what a mess!

SUE...I actually did pick up DD a few things at the mall Sunday and got Josh a digital camera today so I have officially started Christmas shopping! Will get the rest of DD's online and then just have to get for Jason and I will be done! Of course I have no clue what to get jason...he suggested some expensive cologne he likes and a book. Oh well, I'll figure something out.

SASSY...I've seen the commercials for that show but not seen the actual show. I think it is on when there is something else that I watch...can't remeber. Glad your Thanksgiving dinner went well.

MICHELLE...hoping all is well with you. :hug:

Hi BEP and SHAWNA! Hope you ladies had a nice Thanksgiving!

Well, I know I shouldn't but I am taking the next two weeks off from It Figures. I am just wanting to be home as long as Josh is home because I know when he leaves on the 11th I have no idea when I will see him again. Tomorrow we are going for lunch, Thursday to see a movie and today we went to Target. He is enjoying being home. We are going to have his Christmas...(our Christmas dinner and his opening presents) on the 9th. Anyway, I am trying to cut back on the eating so as not to gain any weight. I'm really not pleased with the results from going to It Figures. I mean, I do see a change in my body and I am losing inches but it's not enough for me. I will continue to go until my contract is up in April but I defiinitely won't rejoin. It got me started and I will just use the weights we have at home and I need to get back to my walking. Anyway...take care ladies and have a good one! :hug:

jules1216
11-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Cristina--It sounds like you are having fun with Josh home. Enjoy every moment. DD is crazy about the new guy , but she is having what if's about Jason :dizzy: . She told me yesterday that she wished that Jason would have told her that he's liked her as long as she's liked him before she met Nick. We will see what happens when Jason comes home for Christmas;) . The new guy is really close with his Mom and his Mom loves Teri. I think it's a plus when the guy is close with his family.

Sassy--That show sounds like one that my DH likes called Surviorman, he also likes one called "I shouldn't be Alive" and he gets on me watching reality tv!!

Sue-Isn't that the truth--I hurt when the kids hurt. The only frustrating part is now there are two really good guys that she has to choose from. Jason who was in the same Youth group at church with both my kids and is now in the miltary, currently in OK after a tour in Iraq. Jason has decided to tell DD that he has always liked her, but she was always so much younger and he was really good friends with her brother, then she dated Marshall and got married. Jason finally got up the nerve to tell her about his feelings, but after she met Nick. Nick seems to be a nice guy and she really likes him and she seems so genuinely happy with him. It's nice to hear the smile in her voice again. It's driving me nuts, at least DS is with the girl we have loved and kept rooting for. I guess he had to sow his oats and date a couple other girls to realize what he has in her, but he finally has realized and says he's not letting her get away now!!

SuzyQ, Michelle, Bep & Katy--hope you all are well and will stop by soon!!

:shocksn: :snowball1 :snowglo: :coolsnow:

FrouFrou
11-30-2006, 01:56 PM
HI EVERYONE! :wave:

JULES...who knows what will happen. If Jason and Teri were meant to be together they will. That is too bad though that he didn't let her know his feelings for her sooner. But it sounds like Nick is a nice guy too and yeah, you can't go wrong with the BF being close to his mother/family. As long as they aren't too close to the point where he goes to her for everything. V's mom depended on him A LOT before I came into the picture and I think she resented me, I know she did. When she passed away a few years ago she wouldn't even talk to him which was so sad. At least she knew we were there when she left this world and we did care. Anyway, I am just glad that Teri is happy. So how are you and DH doing? How's he doing with his SAD? Is that what it is, I forgot? This weather does do a number on your for sure. It does me too when it is all dreary and dark. Of course today it is snowing and normally I don't like it. Today...it looks so pretty to me and I am loving it! I can't wait until there is enough to go out and play in it with Josh. We both are like little kids and he always builds a snowman, always! And throws snowballs at me, lol! Sometimes I just can't take the cold though but I do get pictures of his snowmen and him. Anyway...

Hope all is well with everyone. :hug: Take care and I'll chat with ya's soon...heading to the movies in about 1 1.2 hours and have a few things to get done before we go. This week has definitely gone by way too fast, and I know next week will too. :( :cry:

Sassy_Chick
11-30-2006, 11:58 PM
Hi Gang.

Jules -- Yeah that show is a lot like Survivorman, only DH and I think its much much better. We actually watched a survivorman last night and we both agree that Man Vs. Wild is a lot better! And we've watched more than one show of each. Just our opinions though!

I hope you all are doing well. I am recooping from my back going out on me. It feels better today, sore, but better, at least I can manage to walk to the bathroom now without being hunched over like a grandma! lol.

:hug:

Michelle
12-01-2006, 01:15 AM
HI LADIES -- Sorry I've been MIA, but just having a down time again. Thanksgiving was a very hard day, but we made it through together. The holidays are so hard now without my mom's presence.:( Our weather had been so cold, even down in the 20s and snow, and then last night we were supposed to have freezing rain, but it warmed up into the 40s and we just had regular old Oregon rain, which is just fine with me.:)

Jules...Your DD's new friend sounds very nice and being very close to his mom and family is a good thing.:D

Cristina...I'm so glad you're having a good time with Josh. It's so neat that he was able to get home during the holidays for a visit. I know the time will go by quickly, but just enjoy and remember every moment.:hug:

Sassy...I'm so sorry about your back. I remember when mine went out in August, and it took 6 weeks before I felt back to myself again. It was so miserable and I remember having to walk hunched over like a grandma too.:p

HELLO to Susan, Katy, Sue, Bep and anyone else I may have missed! I hope all of you have a nice night!:grouphug:

jules1216
12-01-2006, 08:59 AM
Cristina--I am just glad Teri is finally happy too. Teri & Nick stopped by work when we were leaving last night, they wanted to take us out to eat but DH was too tired and his gout is acting up. Nick was really nervous because he wants DH to like him. He really seems to be a nice guy. We are going out either tonight or Sunday. DH says he is polite, but so was Marshall. I hope DH's grumpiness doesn't scare him off, but he doesn't seem the type to scare easy. Yes, Dh is grumpy still with the SAD. I wish he would go get something for it, but he doesn't think he acts any different.....

Sassy--We will have to try to find Man vs Wild. We saw a commercial for it last night and there is a giveaway on their site. DH did say he'd like to see it. I told him that I was told it was good!! Glad your feeling a little better, between your back and your crazy TOM it's got to be hard.

Michelle--Glad to see you back posting. I had my miscarriage right before Thanksgiving and the whole holiday season was very hard that year. Emotions run deep after a loss and the holidays are such a family getting together time it really brings it to the surface more. DD's guy does seem nice and DD says that their family reminds them of ours the way the joke with each other, worry and love each other. He's currently been living at home but he would like to move out sometime soon. He said it's hard to live with your parents after living out of the house.

Well, I got to go by the tax office and pay my personal property taxes and then head into work for a few hours before the normal grocery routine. Hi to everyone else!!

FrouFrou
12-01-2006, 12:36 PM
'Morning ladies...

We got snow! Lots of snow! About 6 inches I think...digging out today.

MICHELLE...good to hear from you and I am sorry you are still having it rough. But it is true what Jules said. The holidays are the worst but you will get through it. :hug: :hug: :hug: Yeah, the time has alreayd gone by too fast. Can't believe Josh has been home a week already! And next week I fear will be a hard one. The closer it gets to him leaving, the worse it will be on me.

JULES...good thing Nick doesn't scare easily. #1 DH liked to act like a grump, but deep down he was just a big old teddy bear and everyone knew it, well once they got to know him. He liked people to think he was "bad", lol. But he would give the shirt off his back if someone needed it. I've heard some people get SAD really bad, which is sad but inderstandable. This dreary weather can really do a number on me.

HI KATY, SUZYQ, BEP, SASSY and SHAWNA! :wave:

Well, nothing going on with me today. Going to get some much needed cleaning done. Josh and I went to the movie yesterday in the blizzard type conditions. When we started out the wind was blowing hard, the snow was coming down fast and I could barely see where I was going. Plus the roads were horrible and you couldn't tell where the curbs were or the actual lanes. I told him we are crazy for getting out in this weather, lol. But it was fun and the movie theater wasn't too far so. We had a blast and the movie was sooo funny. We saw Borat, lol! We have an odd sense of humor so it was funny to us. Anywho...

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone has a wonderful day!:hug:

jules1216
12-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Cristina--Tony leaves today, but DS got his address for me. Hubby is just like our dog Levi--all growl and no bite. As long as Nick holds his ground and doesn't lie or mistreat Teri, he will be fine. Marshall was very insecure and thought he had to tell you what you wanted to hear and was very passive aggressive. Nick is more confident without being overly so. I think the security of feeling loved by your family helps.

Well I gotta go make supper!!

jules1216
12-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Just a quick pop in while I am drinking my coffee. Hope all is well!!

RosieKate
12-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Hi everyone - I notice we are getting up there in posts, so I'm going to start a new thread - if no one objects
so...
Stop!

Go over to Back in Kindergarten #19

Special Holiday Edition
Ho ho ho