Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 08:07 AM   #1  

Default I've hit rock bottom, help me get up! Need food ideas!

OK, the scale has been down, up, my whole life, but now I'm at an all time high and I'm sick of it. So I'm starting right now, back on WW, need to do online. 10 pounds by Thanksgiving! There I said it! Maintain that through January! Then 10 more by end February!

I'm going to the grocery store. I used to be good at this! What are your top 10 foods to have around to help you stay on plan! Thanks for your support.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi, I like to have either the baked chips or the wows for salty things. I love the ww 1 point giant fudge bars, they are great for the chocolate fan, and ice cream fan. I am not a big veggie eater, but i know a lot of people buy the baby carrots and already cut celery stick. The 100 calorie snack packs are also good. I hope I helped a bit. Also plan your meals because the worst thing is staring at your cupboard and not knowing what to do for supper.
Good Luck
Old 10-12-2006, 09:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Rock bottom!? Ok, then. I bet you know what to do, just do it again. You used to be good you say...then you can be good again. Just go for it!

LOTS of fruits and veggies, lean meat, whole grains, water....and more exercise. Check out the recipe board and the exercise board. Get moving

We're here for you
Old 10-12-2006, 09:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Height: 5'3"

I have such a sweet tooth, so I tend to need some low-point options for those cravings! But here are my top 10 food items that I snack on or use to help save points:

:01: Reduced Fat Oreos (1 pt each)
:02: Nature's Valley Apple Crisps (1 pt per pack)
:03: Baby Carrots (0 pts)
:04: Diet Soda (0 pts)
:05: WW Bread (2 slices for 1 pt)
:06: I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray (0 pts)
:07: Dunkin Donuts Glazed Munchkins (1 pt each)
:08: Splenda (0 pts)
:09: 0-Point Soup
:10: Diet TV dinners - I love them. It controls my portions, it's fast and easy... I always keep my freezer full of them for lunch. Healthy Choice, Lean Cusine, and Smart Ones.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:25 AM   #5  

Thanks for the ideas! Just came back from grocery shopping with renewed hope! Here are some of my purchases:

Egg beaters
Boca burgers, fake sausage, crumbles, etc
Thomases Light English Muffins
Flavored seltzer (zero calories)
crystal light
broccoli slaw! Love this to bulk up salads, or cook with some soy sauce and garlic (can add shrimp, too)
Smart ones (whichever brand is on sale really) served over salad or roasted veggies.
Snack size microwave popcorn
Fat free hot dogs
Making for zero point and 1 point soups (Today is 1 point potato soup, yum!)
WW yogurts and smoothies
FF cottage cheese
tilapia (great in microwave with pam & lemon pepper)
salsa

OK, I'm energized! Off to eat a late breakfast and write down my food.

I'm so glad this board is here. Everyone's postings are inspiring!
Old 10-13-2006, 08:12 AM   #6  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

I have a few different staples her fot his time of year

act 2 popcorn balls 2 pts a piece
mini bag if oreo minis 1 pt a bag ( all of this is in the seasonal section this time of year ay walmart)
mini bag of teddy grahams 1 pt a bag
snack size box of junior mints 1 pt
__________________________________________________ _
I too am big on diet dinners and eat alot of fresh and canned fruits in their own juices, I also am a big fan of plain old chicken noodle soup 3 pts for the whole can so I have a 2 pt grilled cheese to go with it and feel the old comfort food feeling all day Oh and the shredded bbq in the meat section (Lloyds) only has 2 pts for 1/4 a cup so I have a bbq with some baked fries when I need to fix a meal the whole family will eat, hope that helps some more, I love Weight watchers, it feels so normal

Last edited by Christian; 10-13-2006 at 05:45 PM. Reason: fix point value on the Lloyds BBq
Old 10-13-2006, 11:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Thank you guys!!!!!

I'm printing this for my purse. You have helped me too and probably lots of others who are posting here
Old 10-16-2006, 08:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220 / 180/ 160

Height: 5'8"

when i get into a food rut, i look for recipes online...

my two FAVORITE sites:

www.recipezaar.com & www.allrecipes.com

the nutrition information on the recipes may throw you a bit - but as long as you know how to use low fat or fat free ingredients - and "tweak" them for yourself...

i'm also REALLY getting into bean recipes...

black beans
white (canellini) beans
kidney beans
chili beans

there's SOOO many different FAST and EASY recipes you can make with beans.

my fave creation:
1/2 cup black beans (canned - normally has 3 1/2 servings - i use 1 serving, which is 1/2 cup and the rest i put in a covered bowl in the fridge to use in the next couple days...

anyways:
1/2 cup black beans - 2 pts (microwaved for about 30 - 45 seconds)
chopped tomatoes - 0 pts (amount = your preference)
1 tsp chopped cilantro
chopped onions - 0 pts (amount = your preference)
some squirts of lemon & lime juice
1/4 cup FF cheddar cheese - 1 pt - or 1/4 cup LF cheese - your preference on the cheese, but LF cheese has 2 pts
and 2 tbsp Lite sour cream - 1 pt
and 2 oz chicken cut into strips - 2 pts

total = 6 pts - and it's VERY filling and OH so yummy

another new creation...I normally ALWAYS eat a breakfast sandwich for breakfast:
1 muffin = 2 pts
1/4 cup egg beaters = 1 pt
1 slice 2% milk cheese (borden's brand) = 1 pt
1 morningstar farms sausage patty = 1 pt
so a 5 pt breakfast which is filling and yummy...but i've gotten "bored" with eating this sandwich...
until i realized a different way to make it:

in the frying pan - spray some i can't believe it's not butter spray into the heated pan - tear the muffin into pieces and then pour the egg beaters (or 3 egg whites) over the muffin and also cut up the morningstar sausage (or you can use a pts worth of ham)...and throw this all into the pan...scramble everything together - and it's a very yummy alternative to the normal sandwich. :-D
Old 10-16-2006, 08:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220 / 180/ 160

Height: 5'8"

oh yeah...also - for the PERFECT chocolate fix...
hershey now makes these "hershey sticks" that come in dark chocolate, caramel & mint.

they're 60 calories (or 1 pt) for the stick and it's a good size - about 6 inches. and it's AWESOME for that chocolate fix. they're in the "big" candy aisle of your grocery store (the aisle that has the bagged candy - not near the registers) and ou get about 6 or 8 sticks for under $2

and, of course - quaker chewy 90 calorie bars - oatmeal raisen & chocolate chip are my faves (2 pts each)
Old 10-16-2006, 09:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Height: 5'3"

Oooh I LOVE those Hershey Sticks for chocolate cravings!! The caramel one is my favorite!
Old 10-16-2006, 11:19 PM   #11  

Default Sour Cream and Onion chips!

I love sour cream and onion lays and don't care for the Baked ones, so I found Quaker Oats makes rice cakes that are Sour Cream and Onion flavored ones that are great!!! They are strong tasting though, so if you take them to work, take breath mints or toothpaste . They are worth it though.
Closed Thread