Support Groups - Weight Loss & Chit Chat #216

View Full Version : Weight Loss & Chit Chat #216

Jane
10-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Jane
10-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Hi ladies, :)

Marti - I am so particular in what type of a robe (housecoat) that I like. I want one with no puff sleaves, no buttons. Zipper or pullover, please. No long sleeves, not too light in color, preferabaly a print, but no huge print, must be long but no side slits. no mandarin collars, patch pocket is good, but no side seam pocket. See what I mean? I had a heck of a time finding the one I have now, and it's worn out! That's why I'm going to make my own. I've done it before, years ago. :dizzy:

Sassy - how about if you make a smaller goal this time? Say, vow that you will lose 3 pounds before November 1st, or something doable like that? Or as Cristi says, just take it a day at a time, and see how that goes. Personally, I don't do well with challenges, and that's why I didn't join in the one this week. I'm the type of person who could get all weirded out by not making it too many weeks in a row, and I want to stay positive. Anyway, you'll work it out, sweetie, and we're here to support you while you do.

Cristi - I don't think I mentioned that I really like your avatar. Your supper sounds great. I just love easy to assemble ones like that. Neal and Katie had leftovers today since I was busy at church.

Julie - ah, my allergies are driving me crazy, too. And the one OTC medicine that really took care of it was Tylenol Sinus, and they've really lessened the active ingredients in it! Not sure what's up with that, but I wish these companies would leave stuff alone, lol. No "new & improved" for me, thank you anyway, lol.

Hello to everyone else reading this. :wave:

Well the dinner at church was a big hit, and my fruit salad was the first to go at the dessert table. Seems like lots of people are diabetic, or dieting, or just like fruit. I was sort of afraid it wouldn't be eaten with all the other yummy choices, so it really tickled me that it got snapped up. Doesn't take much to make me happy, does it? :D

I went to the doctor with Mary before the dinner. The doc thinks Mary may have rheumatoid arthritis. (I know I didn't spell that right, but my feet are just too tired to go get the dictionary. :dizzy: ) They took blood for 8 different tests, and I suppose the results will be in by the first of next week. I would appreciate any prayers for her that whatever is wrong will be something she can live with. Because there is for sure something wrong.

Have a good evening, ladies! :hug:

Sassy_Chick
10-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Hey Gals.

Thanks a Bunch to you ALL! :grouphug: I know you all are right. Now don't let that go to your heads! lol! J/K!

Cristina --> Well guess what? I finally got the stockings! :D Only I'm not sure if I got enough because the amount of stuff I got is more than the amount of stockings I got? I got 5 stockings and I have enough stuff to fill 10! So don't know if you want me to double up on the stockings (giving each troop double stuff) or if you have extra stockings that you need extra filling for? I figured I would just send you the stockings and the stuff and you can put them together however you want. Unless you want me to do it? Just let me know how you want it. I need to find my Christmas Cards! Not sure where they are, if not I will just write a note on a peice of paper. ;)

But yup Hobby Lobby has all of their Xmas stuff out and 50% off! (at least up here) It is COLD and rainy outside and I think I'm getting a cold. Lastime I beat it before it actually came into full effect, or maybe it just laid dormet and now its coming back? Who knows. I got my Nyquil, I have to go and get more Dayquil so hopefully I will beat it! :D

Tonight we went out for dinner and I think I did pretty good. I had a salad w/ Vinegrette Dressing, didn't eat all of that, had Chicken with Goat cheese and sundried tomatoes (Yum love those) and I didn't eat all of that either and I had Steamed Broccoli with Red Peppers for a side. ;) Then we split a dessert, but hub ate most of it.

So I think that wasn't too bad. I am sure the Goat Cheese wasn't that great for me, but it wasn't a lot. Also it was a blessing that they happened to be out of bread when we got there but the manager brought us out some fried Zucchini, but I was good and only had a few of those, they were small, like french fry size.

Well I need to go and clean out my fridge still *sigh* But I may just wait until tomorrow, we'll see..............:p

:grouphug:

suetalks
10-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Evening ladies....It is chilly and rainy here today. Kind of one of those "oh. ugh!" days. I managed to get a little work done, nothing major. We had to go to the old house while the odds and ends of furniture we are selling got picked up. Then I had to follow DH to a near-by town so he could drop off his antique car at the auction. Hopefully we will make a little money on all that.
We have everything moved and cleared out over there...just have to go back and sweep, dust and get the heck out. Oh, shoot...I just remembered we have a few Christmas boxes in the attic...will it ever END? :)
The house is still under offer and it looks like we will find out the closing date soon. So far, so good! (The buyers have an offer)

I am hoping to actually get to some decorating in the next few days. My walls are bare so far. Mom and I are also planning to go shopping...if we ever have time.
My food consumption has not been good...but I did walk this morning before the rain started. Still haven't lost another pound...but haven't gained either. That's a plus I guess.

Sue

harkeyvalley
10-12-2006, 01:49 AM
Hi Guys, just a short note. I wanted to pipe in about the counting calories thing. I bought the FitDay DVD and it said that I had to consume 3310 calories to maintain my weight of 273 when I started. Since I've been on more diets than Carter had liver pills, I decided that I tend to quit when I feel deprived. I become a person that no one wants to be around. I make it about a month and then tell myself I'd rather be dead than hungry. I have been on a 2000 calorie diet since Aug 3. Most of you would think that was nuts. How can you lose with that many calories and little or no exercise. I can't tell you why I've lost 21.5 lbs as of today, but that I must have been eating a whole lot of calories to maintain 273 lbs. I don't feel hungry because I eat alot. I cook it lighter, I've added more veggies and fruits and I drink lots of water. This weight is coming off really slowly. A 2000 calorie diet is for someone who doesn't like failure, who still likes to eat alot of food and still wants to feel like they are trying to lose weight. I don't feel like I'm on a diet. When the weight loss stops then I'll lower my count down to 1800 calories. I wanted to share this for those who don't think they can diet. This information won't help you thinner ladies but if you're over 250lbs, this might be what you need to build confidence in yourself when you see the weight finally start coming off and helps you to stick with losing weight. I'm a firm believer that if it works, don't knock it.
Sorry, my short note grew hair.
Hugs to you all.
Norma

Katiecat
10-12-2006, 02:50 AM
Hi ladies...it's late, but my new meds make me a little sleepless...will need to get used to them.

Jane, hoping that the news from Mary's dr. is good. You don't have to go hunt down your dictionary...just type "dictionary" in Google and dictionary.com will come up and you can look up any word. Has a thesaurus, too :) I know what you mean about the robe -- I'm picky, too. I have to have a very thirsty, fluffy terrycloth wraparound that I can put on right out of the shower so I don't drip all over the floor, then I can hang it up in the bathroom to dry. Fortunately, I found some for 75% off right after Christmas and got one for me and one for Tim. Love a bargain! :D OK, here is my funny robe story, though...when Noah was about 2, one morning it was really cold in the house. I got out of bed wearing a pink flowered flannel nightgown, and I was still shivering, so I put on my husband's ugly red and green plaid flannel robe, and my slippers, which were grey stuffed cats -- like bunny slippers, but cats with pointy ears and whiskers, the whole nine yards. My curly brown hair looked like a bird's nest, sticking up all over the place, and my glasses were on crooked, and I was yawning...and Noah climbed up on the bed, looked at me with total adoration, and said solemnly, "Oh Mom, you are sooooooooo beautiful..." and wrapped his little arms around my neck and hugged me. LOL!!!

Norma, I totally agree with your thoughts. Slow and steady definitely the best way to do it, and eating more fruits and veggies, cooking lighter, and drinking more water are the smart way to go for sure :yes: The new USDA guidelines are changing from a certain number of servings of vegetables a day to vegetables "in abundance". There's good info at the USDA site here: http://www.mypyramid.gov/mypyramid/index.aspx
and you can customize it based on your age, sex, and level of daily activity. Sounds like you are right on track! :carrot:

Sue, it will eventually end, I promise :hug: And at least you are moved into your shiny new house! Fingers crossed that the sale of the old one goes smoothly...

Sassy, sounds like you and your hubby eat out pretty often -- so do Tim and I. We try to look up nutrition info for our favorite restaurants online, so we can plan what we are ordering before we go (and we already know what to order at our favorite places). An ounce of regular cheese is 3 points (low fat is 2 points) on WW -- are you familiar with how the points work? Doesn't really matter what kind of cheese, the fat and calories per ounce are about the same for most. The good thing about goat cheese, gorganzola, sharp cheddar, etc, is that the flavor is stronger, so you can usually be satisfied with a much smaller portion than with mild cheese. If a restaurant doesn't have lowfat dressing, I order it on the side, and just dip my fork in it before I spear the veggies. That way, I usually only eat about 1/4-1/3 of what they bring me. Fried zucchini is tasty, but the WW points are just too high for me to splurge on it -- 8 points for a fast food size serving, and at my weight, I need to stay at 30 points a day to keep losing. I did find a WW "oven fried" zucchini recipe that's only 2 points per serving -- haven't tried it yet, but I'll post it on the recipe thread...

OK, it's really late now...hi to all the rest of the JL's, and I'll see you soon...

Sassy_Chick
10-12-2006, 04:49 AM
Hey all.

Sue -- That is great that you are close to closing! Yes it always seems like moving is non ending. When we were moving from NY we "Thought" we had everything all packed up and in the truck when at the last minute we remembered the Storage Unit with all the Holiday stuff! lol. Its easy to forget......Hey not gaining is great! ;)

Norma -- Good for you! Glad you found a plan that works for you! :cp: My main down fall is that I should be eating several "small" healthy meals instead of two "big" non healthy ones. :p

Mary Kate -- Thanks for the info. No I'm not informed on the WW points, I need to be I think it would make things a lot easier for me.

Well I won't be coming here whining anymore so that is all for me. I am off to bed.

Have a Wonderful Day Everybody!

:hug:

Jane
10-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Mary Kate - thank you so much. :hug: We are worried because there are some many diseases it COULD be. Fear of the unknown is worst of all, as I mentioned.

I'm in a rush today, so hello to everyone reading this.

jules1216
10-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Hi Everyone--just wanted to say hi!!

FrouFrou
10-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Hiya Chickies...

Having a better day today, thank goodness. I have noticed I am a bit more irritable since Josh deployed, espeically when I don't hear from him. But let me tell ya...it totally brightens my day when I do hear from him and lasts for a while. Yes, I heard from him today. He e-mailed today...he said they are not doing much and things have quieted down some since that holiday is over. He said the time is flying by. Not sure when he will be coming home yet.

NORMA...you are right. I mentioned the high number of calories but didn't mention that they added exercise so that made it to where you would lose slowly and be okay. It just seemed really high for me when I've normally tried to keep my cals under 1800. I am working on eating more veggies and fruits. And I am proud of you for losing more! Hooray! :bravo: You are doing an awesome job. And...Josh said he got the package from you and wanted me to say THANK YOU from him and the guys, made their day! :thanks:

JANE...will keep Mary in my prayers, and hoping the news is good. And glad your fruit salad was a winner at the dinner. You know, I think most people are health conscious now days and go for the stuff like that for desert.

MARY KATE...hope you are having a pain free day. I loved your robe story...kids are the best! And that is just too sweet.

JULES...hope your allergies get better soon. I know a couple of weeks ago when I had it bad I didn't think it would ever end! It was pretty bad, worse this year than last I think.

SUE...hoping the sale of your old home goes through smoothly and fast! And you'll be settled in your new home and have it all decorated before you know it! Will you guys still go to Vegas this winter?

SASSY...OMG WOMAN! I thought you were just sending two stockings, one from you and one from DH. You really didn't have to do that many but THANK YOU! And yes, I do have extra stockings available. I bought 60 to start with until I heard from Josh and then and he said their is only 36 guys but to send 40 in case he missed someone, lol! So I have to take some back, quite a few back. You are a sweetie! And yes, please do include a message, or...what if I send a card to you ladies to sign??? Start with one lady and include an envelope for that person to send to the next and so on. What do you ladies think about that?

Okay, I am going to try and post three pictures here and see what happens. I wanted you ladies to see what Josh's room/bed looks like and to show you the soldier nutcracker and patriotic santa I found. Jane, your gift care went towards the cameras, Norma, yours went toward a few more cameras and carmex (lip balm). I have 6 more cameras to get, 9 more carmex (bought Wal-Mart out, lol) and get 21 razors and the socks, oh and candy canes. Waiting for the t-shirts...they've took the money out of our bank Monday and thought we would have gotten them by now. Vince is getting track of them so maybehe heard something from them today. I need to start getting this stuff together. Anyway...

Went grocery shopping this morning. Had planned on going to It Figures but stopped by Michaels after wal-Mart and this lady kept me in the scrapbook dept. for about 30-40 mns, lol. She was asking me questions and then we just started walking together and looking at the stuff. She told me she gets all her stuff at Dollar Tree and runs a daycare and they have been doing it with the kids, and on and on...I was kind of in a hurry and I could have told her so but I thought...I need to slow down and who knows, maybe she just needed to talk to someone. Then had to go to Walgreens to get copies of pictures, vacuum my vehicle out because I had to get a bale of hay at Wal-Mart. Anyway, another day where I didn't get on the computer until a little after one and I needed to sit down and relax! Trying to get some laundry done now. Anywho...let me try adding these pictures here ladies. I will delete them tomorrow Jane so that they don't take up too much space here, that is if I can get them on here.

Have a good day ladies:hug:

Oh, did you guys see all the new smilies? They are so cute! There's Halloween ones! :spammer: :woohoo: :cheer2: :book2: :congrat: :club: :getwell: :swim: :exercise: :trampo: :ghost: :spid: :witch2: :dracula: :haphal: :witch: :bat: Okay, sorry, didn'tmean to put most of them but they are so darn cute!

FrouFrou
10-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Okay ladies...let's see if it works.

Michelle
10-12-2006, 05:36 PM
;) Hi Ladies;)

Well I've been MIA for quite awhile, and now I have a new account, because I can't remember my other account info.:o I'm happy to say that I've finally been sticking with plan and exercising every day since October 1, and I have started taking off some pounds again. I've been very stressed and depressed with family situations and what's been going on with my mom. She had to have another major surgery on her leg from where her bone cancer was, and they had to put a new kadavar bone, steel rod and steel plate in. She was in a rehabilitation center for over four weeks, and the day after she got home, this past Saturday, she had a mild heart attack and is now in congestive heart failure. It has been very hard to stay focused, but the exercise is definitely helping me with my stress and tension. I have to go get my DD from school, but I will post again soon. I hope all of you are doing good!:grouphug:

jules1216
10-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Michelle--That's so terrible with your Mom. Hope things get better soon.

Cristina--My allergies hit twice a year, in the fall when the leaves change until they are on the ground and in spring from the time the trees bud until the leaves are all on them. They are still my two favorite seasons though!! Boy, you have some set up for the stockings for the guys in Iraq. it's such a good thing. When I get Tony's address I'll pm you. I love all the new little smilies myself!!

Jane--Hope Mary can get some relief. Everyone laughs at me with OTC non-drowsy allergy meds--I can't keep my eyes open when I take it!! Another site in addition to Katie's google suggestion is www.ask.com

Sassy--you come and whine all you want--we will just toast each other!!

Katiecat--Hi to you!! Hope all is well and you are having more painless days than painful ones!!

Norma--you are very familiar with where I live--I love Harpers Ferry and I live in Hedgesville which is between Martinsburg and Berkeley Springs. My son lives in Martinsburg and my daughter goes to SHepherd University and lives in Shepherdstown though her roomate is in "love" and going to move in with her boyfriend leaving DD having to move since she can't afford the rent on her own and has decided she doesn't want another roomate. We are going to look at some one bedrooms and if she can't find anything, I think we have her talked into moving back home.

Sue--no rain here but there is a cold front coming through--I brought in all my plants from the deck tonight.

Well I'm off to watch Greys!! Have a great night!!

Sassy_Chick
10-13-2006, 07:06 AM
Morning all. Just a quickie here. Wasn't a good night for me at work, won't go into details, but lets just say I'm not a happy camper.

Anyways. Cristina -- so do you just want me to send you the stuff and the stockings and you put them together or do you want me to do it???? I saw in your pics that we got some of the same things -- I also got Carmex and Old Spice Body Wash. ;)

Well sorry this is short, off to bed.

jules1216
10-13-2006, 08:51 AM
Morning Sassy--my bad day was Tuesday--it was a bad day at work and then I went to the gym that night it was so packed I just had to turn around and go home. Hubby had a really bad day yesterday at work. He's seriously thinking about quitting. He usually can really turn off his emotions and detach himself and move on but there is alot happenning in his department and things aren't being resolved and he doesn't like the way he is feeling about it and his only way of detaching and moving on may be to quit. If he quits, I will probably start looking for something else to. There needs to be some changes in the current company we work for, Upper management is blind, middle management is so under stress most of us are having health issues from the responsibility of a reduced work force with more work added to the very departments that took cuts (both hubby & mine were cut with no job taken and some added) and then there are other departments that are overloaded with people but there are a lot of family, friend, church connections that keep some people safe and let them feel that they can get away with doing anything but their jobs. I am rambling and on a soap box that I will get off--It's my weekend and I refuse to even think about work, I am going to enjoy my weekend and not be depressed over my job.

Today I am going to be busy--have to go pick up the stickers for my trash pickup, go to the library and return books, the grocery store, the post office, drop some things by my son's. I also have to go to the salvage yard for a radiator for my dd's car that she wants fixed since she is going to have to move-her roomate decided that she is moving in with her new boyfriend who dd thinks is creepy especially when she woke up in the middle of the night to find him staring at her from the door to her bedroom. We have a go see to a one bedroom apartment that is near ds's apartment that will allow her little dog, the rent is the same as she is paying for half the current house which has a clause in the lease that allows them to break it on short notice since the landlord is used to renting to college kids. DD can't afford to pay the whole rent and she isn't sure she wants another roomate. The landlord is turning out to be as bad as the neighbors on both side said he was and the one side has nice neighbors while the others are not. DD is sad because they put so much work into the house and the colors they painted have made it look so nice and homey and she loves the house and space and layout. DH, dd and I have taken the yard from a jungle to a nice lawn. The roomate turned out to be a bigger slob than dd could handle anyway and is not helping with the upkeep of the housecleaning or yard and has yet to contribute for the groceries for the last 3 1/2 months though her and her boyfriend eat there. DD says she would be better off alone or back home (I am secretly hoping she comes back home-cause I still miss kids in the house)

Well there I went again--going to grab a shower and get going, I may be back tonight....

Marti
10-13-2006, 12:34 PM
Hello girls!

Just a quick one today as I am behind. Got to chatting w/James this morning and time just flew!

But do want to say: Welcome back Michelle!! We missed you!

Gotta get going. Busy friday.

Will chat more this weekend.

suetalks
10-13-2006, 05:19 PM
Hi Michelle...welcome back. Sorry to hear you have been through so much and hope things improve for you.

Having a rather slow day here for a change. We met DD at Applebee's for lunch and had my birthday margarita. :) Needless to say I came home and napped...(as did Mom and DH)

Other than that I am doing laundry and watched Oprah. Lazy today for sure.
I felt like I deserved a day of rest. DH is in his shop now and I am sure he is loving not having to get one tool out and put it back before he can get another. He has "stations" for all of his big machines and can work on projects without being cramped. And also has the wood from all of the trees we cut down...stacks in the garage and workshop.

I will BBL gotta fold clothes.

FrouFrou
10-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Hello ladies...

JULES...I'll be looking for the pm with the address. If he just went over there, it will probably be a couple of weeks. Trying to think of how long it took Josh to get me his address. Sorry that your DD is going to have to move after all the decorating you guys did. But, I know if she moves home you will be a happy camper! :) I don't know what I am going to do when all the kids are gone, probably cry all the time. Sorry too that DH might have to look for a new job. It's terrible when so many family, friends etc. work for a company. Well, sometimes it is a good thing but from past experience...like you said, they don't do anything because they know they can get away with it, and that is sad when others have to pick up their work.

MICHELLE...so good to see you back and WTG on the exercise and weightloss! :carrot: :carrot: Sorry to hear about your mom though. I hope they are making her comfortable. When you get a chance if you would e-mail me or pm me your e-mail address. For some reason when i went to e-mail you I couldn't find it anywhere. I remembered that you had changed it.

SASSY...my bad day was Wednesday, seemed like nothing went right that day. Hope you're day got better. :hug: About the stockings, you can do it anyway you want. I've not started stuffing them yet so it wouldn't be a problem to stuff yours too but again, whatever is easiest for you.

MARTI...I've done that before. V works so much sometimes when he is home we will start chatting and lose track of time. I usually stick to a schedule for the most part and when he is home it throws everything out of whack, but a good whack that I enjoy.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

No special plans for the weekend. Oh, me and V are going to look at Open Houses tomorrow after he gets off work. No we are not moving, already went through that, lol. Just being nosy I guess. We like looking at them and getting ideas. And working on my scrapbook pages.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Edited to say HI to SUE! I could use a margarita! Sounds so good right now. If I had liquor in the house I would make some to have with our mexican dinner tonight.

suetalks
10-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Hi Cristina- I know I am definitley NOT moving, but if DH would go with me I would look at Open Houses. Like you, for the decorating ideas. I love seeing what other people do, color wise and all. I am slowly getting things on the walls and still have a few ideas of my own.

Marti- Don't blame you at all for chatting with your DH. You did say "chatting? ':o LOL

Jules- That is such a shame about your DD moving..after all the hard work of fixing up her place. Hope she finds a nice little 1 bedroom place so she won't have to share. (unless, of course, you get her to move home.) ;)

Sassy- Hope things are going better for you. A bad day can really be upsetting. Add to that the fact that you have not been feeling well anyway. Sorry gal...hope all is better.

Mary Kate- Hope you are not having too much pain, or too little sleep. Yes, I know the moving will end and, like having a baby, I will forget how hard it was. We heard that our buyers are still on track...and the 30 days are not up yet. So, we just have to be patient.

Norma- Thanks for the calorie info. I know several years ago when a nutritionist told me how many calorie I could eat and lose weight I thought she was crazy. Sounded like way too many...but I lost 13 pounds. Hmmm, why can't I do that now? :dizzy:

Jane- Where, oh where are you today? Are things okay with Mary? Thinking of you both with good wishes.

I didn't do much else after my earlier post. Finished the laundry, took Mom's little dog for a walk and actually went through 2 boxes of pictures. I have a nice big plastic tub I am storing framed pictures in...so sorted those and put some out on a shelf. Every box is emptied and everything is put away. I am not guaranteeing things will stay where they have been put, as we live here and move things about. But I am feeling pretty good about what is finished.

Plans for the week-end...Mom and I WILL go shopping tomorrow. Finally! I have quite a list...plus some BD money to spend. I am in desperate need of long sleeved blouses and/or sweaters. Kohl's is having a sale.

harkeyvalley
10-14-2006, 01:40 AM
I just wanted to check in and say hi to you all. Hello, Michelle, I'm Norma. I must have joined after you took a break. I love it here. These are terrific ladies! Cristina, terrific pictures. I was tickled to see that you are a doily person on your furniture. I think we are a dying breed.
I've been in the dumps lately. I cried off and on all day and I can't tell you why. My poor sweetie kept trying to apologize for doing something to make me unhappy but I coudn't get him to understand that he didn't do anything at all. I couldn't tell him why I felt so blue. My ear infection came back and the pain now goes down my neck into my right shoulder. The doctor put me on stronger antibotics and more pain meds. Nothing is working yet.
Sorry to be a whiner. (See Sassy, you haven't cornered the market.LOL) I get an "A" in whinning. LOL
I hope you all have a super weekend.
Norma

Sassy_Chick
10-14-2006, 06:51 AM
Morning Gals! :coffee:

I feel much better today! Thanks so much for all your kind words! :hug: Please check out the Holiday Thread, if you haven't already as I posted an important message to think about while you are out doing your Holiday Shopping this year. ;)

Anyways. As I said I feel better today, things went a lot better for me lastnight (Friday) at work. I guess we all have our days or in my case nights at work where we just want to scream and/or sit in the corner and cry! lol.

I did go and get my blood drawn Thursday before work. I have to call my dr and make an appt. to see what the results are. He took it for my A1C (to check my bloodsugar levels for my Diabetes), my Cholestrol (oh what fun!), and I think my Liver Functions as well. So lets hope they all are "normal" but I highly doubt it as they never are. Well except for my cholestrol last time he checked it, it WAS normal. :woohoo: So lets hope it stayed there :goodvibes .......But I'm nervous that its all going to be high.......:stress:

If so I'm going to have to really get myself back "On the Wagon" and strap myself on! :drill: I checked out the 1/2 priced bookstore and didn't find Dr. Oz's book there. (The Perfect Patient) I guess its too new yet......:dz:

Well I guess that is all for me, for now...........

Sorry I haven't been doing the Individuals but I've been hitting the hay early since I haven't been feeling that great. Today is the 1st day I've felt half-way decent!

Have a Great Weekend!!!!!!!!

:df:

Sassy_Chick
10-14-2006, 07:38 AM
Yippee! This is my 1,000th post!!!!!!!:dancer: :woo: :woohoo: :cheer2: :cheers: :cheer:

Jane
10-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Julie - Grey's is just so good, and we like the new show that comes on after it, too - Six Degrees. I didn't think Meredith would pick the vet, even though she should have. :dizzy: I just love George's interaction with Dr. Torres, but wow, she made a mistake taking Dr. McSteamy home w/her! George isn't really committed to her, but still. Yowza, you had a busy day, yesterday! Too bad about your Dd having to move, especially since she did all that work to the apartment. Hopefully she'll come home, but that's hard once you've been out on your own. The other apartment you mentioned sounds like it would be good. Not many places let you have a pet like they would.

Cristi - thank you for the Halloween card! I'm not sending any this year, but will probably send Christmas cards. TY also for the prayers for Mary. She will know more by the first of next week, I hope. Love the photos! You've put a lot of hard work in this project. How long is the average stay for a soldier over there? Did you say he'll get Christmas leave.

Sue - glad you're getting so much done in the house. Have fun shopping with your mom today. Thanks for the good wishes for Mary.

Norma - hope you're feeling cheerier today and that your ear infection pain has lessened.

Tiffany - check in with us, ok? Hope all is well.

Hello to Marti, Sassy, Michelle(glad you're back) and anyone else reading this. :wave:

I was so busy yesterday, I didn't get to come here at all. We took the kids for Mary, and gave her most of the day off. They're better for us than they are for her - you know how kids can be.

Today I'm pretty sure Neal and I are going to Evansville after while.

Have a good one. :hug:

jules1216
10-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Jane--I loved doped up Meredith--it brought out alot and I loved her interaction with Addison who is one of my favorite characters. I knew she wouldn't pick Finn either even though I believe he would be better for her, Derrick just makes me mad--the man needs to resolve his issues. I can relate to Meredith, during my dating years before hubby I never stayed with the "nice" guy, it was like because I was damaged from childhood abuses I didn't understand that I am good enough and I deserve to be happy. Our joke between my friends and I were that I could walk into a room of 100 guys and 99 when be nice and treat me good and there would be that one that wouldn't and I would walk up to that one and say "take me I am yours". What is it about sexual, physical or emotionally abused women or those who have abandonment issues that make us do that??? I guess if I had the answer and could fix it the world would be a better place and I would win a Nobel peace prize.

Sassy--I watched a program with Dr Oz on Discovery Health and he makes alot of sense. My hubby actually wants to get one of his books, I think it was mentioned on an earlier thread. Hope your tests come back good and you have a good weekend too.

Norma--I am a doiley person too, I have several that were my grandmother's and I have always had a lace runner on top my dresser since I was small. After I get better at knitting, I want to move on to crochet and make them myself. My daughter has one on her dresser too. Ear infections are the pits. A few years ago I ended up with sinus infection after sinus infection and each one also gave my bad earaches. My balance was so off I felt like the "before" person walking slanted in the old "you need a V8" commercials.

Sue--I love Kohl's they have really nice stuff. I am a rearranger myself--drives hubby nuts--he wants stuff to stay in the same place forever!! I am actually washing all dd's fall/winter stuff to freshen it up to go to her house. It's getting cold fast. According to the wooley bear catepillars in this area it's going to be a COLD winter.

Cristina--Hubby has been extra grumpy because of a twisted knee and doesn't deal well with anything including me when he is in pain. He may change his mind as the pain goes away. I'll keep you posted about Tony, DS called his wife Katy and she doesn't have an address yet though he has talked to her. He called DS when he was in Kuwait waiting to go into Iraq.

Marti--quick hi back at you!! and everyone else who is lurking but didn't post since the last time I posted.

DD and I did go to the apartment yesterday and though it is small she really likes it-she fell in love with it as soon as we walked in and we already have her stuff arranged in our heads. It's a quiet building and I really hope she gets it. While we were there the landlord asked if we had looked at any others and she said this was the first but there was another we had yet to set a definite walk through at. She told him that it was less money ($85 a month less actually)but she wasn't sure about it though since it was right smack downtown on a busy noisy street with no off street parking and with her getting home late working nights she wasnt sure she would feel safe, but that she definitely needs to move out before Nov 1 so she would have to keep looking unless she definitely got this place which she loved. She said she was waiting for the Sunday paper to come out which has alot of new listings every week. He told her that he would leave her know by then, that it is between here and a couple--he said he got some really strange applicants. He has already called all her references last night so I think it's looking good for her. He likes longterm tenants and she said that she moved out of our house into her husband's in July of last year, then after three months he left and she moved in with her brother in October, DS's girlfriends lease was up in August and was moving into their apartment and her friend had just leased a place she couldn't afford on her own and she wanted to give her brother and his girlfriend privacy so she moved again in July to the little house with the friend that they fixed up and now that friend wants to move in with her boyfriend and she can't afford the place on her own and she isn't sure she wants another roomate and she is definitely tired of moving all her stuff and will be here at least four years until she finishes her new major. Her brother lives up the street and we live close and the apartment is halfway between school and work and close to the mall and Walmart so it is a perfect location. Another friend wants take over their lease on the cute little house they fised up. Her boyfriend and her and their 9 month old daughter have been looking and she loves it. Her boyfriend does home improvement and can keep up better with the upkeep because that landlord has turned out to be as shady as all the neighbors tried to tell DD. I think if they hadn't done the extreme cleaning and all the painting it wouldn't have been done by July 1st when they moved in. My dh, dd and a family friend did the yard cleanup in AUgust that the landlord said would be done before the move in date of July 1 and the work to help with water runoff form the backyard to the back porch still isn't fininshed and hubby cleaned out and fixed the gutters that were never finished. The oil furnace has not been repaired and the tank isn't hooked back up yet. Once DD knows for sure that she has the place her and her roomate are going to talk to the landlord about it for this friend. Hopefully it will ease him being mad about losing them even though there is a clause that lets them out of the lease, but he has broke alot of promises he made them also. As cold as it is getting the heating system needs to be fixed and dd is currently using some electric heaters that don't keep the house very warm at night with the temps getting down in the upper thirties.

Well I gotta go!!

Sassy_Chick
10-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Cristina -- Thanks for the Halloween Card! I need to get mine out! lol........

Hi Jules! Yeah The book I want is "The Perfect Patient" and he is supposed to be coming out with a Diet Plan one too that is supposed to be out around Halloween, I think I read from an earlier thread on here.

Hi Everybody else, I hope your having a Great Weekend.

Jane
10-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Jules - I too was abused (molested) as a child/teen by an extended family member and I also used to go for the bad guys. It was as though I felt that's all I deserved, but oddly enough, I never did think the molestation caused my obesity, although some people can find a direct tie-in. I like Addison a lot, too. She's much prettier than Meredith, and not at all whiney. Wasn't she the one with poisen ivy on her va-jay-jay? tee hee

Sassy - I am having a great weekend, and hope you are, too. :hug:

For the record, I am going to be following Dr. Roizen and Oz's advice to the letter when the book You on a Diet - the Owners Guide to Waist Management comes out 10/31. It will be focusing on waist reduction which helps with heart health, boosting the immune system, healthy whole foods, and exercise. That's all I know until the book comes out Halloween Day. I admire both the doctors and have told my Thursday group and my family that I'll be doing the prescribed diet for at least one solid month. I respect these two doctors, and feel it could only benefit me to follow their advice.

Neal and I ended up going to Terre Haute instead of Evansville today. We had fun, and I really didn't spend too much money, either. I did get 12 new placemats at Elder-Beerman. They were 1/2 price, and I just love placemats and tablecloths. I also picked up a beautiful tablecloth for Christmas. Now that I have such a looooooong table, I need all new tablecloths, lol.

Gotta go. Chat at ya tomorrow! :)

suetalks
10-14-2006, 11:16 PM
Well, I was also at Elder Beerman today, and Kohl's, Sear's, Wally World and Meijer. Whew!
I bought blue and yellow hand towels for the half bath. (DH's domain) We put a painting in there of a log cabin by a stream. It has lots of blues and the logs are yellow/gold. I couldn't find the gold towels I envisioned, but if I find them I will buy them too. I sat a basket with blue weaving on back of the toilet to hold extra towels until DH can build a cabinet.
I bought a cream matelasse' coverlet/shams set for the master. The room is sooo big that I brought a chair and ottoman from the old house and sat it in the corner with a floor lamp. The chair is floral print on cream with navy blue, burgundy, two or three shades of green and some slight gold. Sold the matching sofa and loveseat, but kept the huge floor pillows. I PLAN to make smaller pillows for the bed from them...tying in the chair print to the solid bed color. Will use burgundy semi sheers over cream pleated shades at the windows. The windows are in the corner..so I hope to hang a panel at each window and pull them back...can't really explain, but as if each window is half of a larger window..
I also bought very pale lavender towels for the master bath....I know it sounds funny with the bedroom colors....but, long story: I couldn't decide what to use in the bathroom so I had all these wall things in a box, most from the extra rooms at the old house. I started laying them out on the floor and 2 floral pictures jumped out at me. They have the same colors as the bedroom, just more muted and a deep rose color also. One was in a walnut frame (the vanity is walnut, so no brainer) and one in a brushed nickel frame (the fixtures are brushed nickel, so another no brainer) Once I hung them in the bathroom I saw that one picture has lavender flowers just popping out...and my dried flower wreath just happened to have the same color flowers along with deep rose ones. I couldn't find the deep rose towels, but I will keep watching. I did steal my potted deep rose colored roses from the old great room and sat them on the vanity with a rose candle. So...it all pulled together and colors I would not have thought of! Very floral in there...luckily DH doesn't care.
What else did I buy? Hmmm...I bought slippers..2 long sleeved knit shirts and a corduroy shirt. (for me) A new phone/answering machine, bunch of hangers to organize the closet and some hand lotion. :) Spent every bit of my birthday money and then some. LOL...
Still need to go to Hobby Lobby, but I tired Mom out today and thought we better get home. I am looking for a new picture to put in a frame DH made with a matching mirror. The frame had another rose picture..as that is what I used in my old great room. Now I want something outdoorsy with fallish type colors. There is also a shelf (where I stole the potted roses) which I want to put a nice candle/candle holder on. Once that is done I will just have to decide on something for the mantle...and will be done in there. It is hard because DH was just ready to move things from the old house and put them right back up in the same settings. I don't mind using some of the same things and some things I cherish...but I was looking for new ways to use them and new things to add. The spare room got my snowfall oil paintings from the old dining room...and they look great and different in there. Funny how you can put things together for a new look. I told Mom I might end up with a house that looks like a hodge podge...but it is my hodge podge! LOL
Now...the next hurdle is the utility hallway and laundry area. I am thinking family pictures and photos on the long hallway...and that will take time to work on. Laundry room can be something cutsie since I need a smile when I go in there. :)

Oh wow...I am writing a book and no one really cares if I have zebra striped towels..ha. I guess I just got excited to have some of this finally come together.
Tomorrow...closet organization!!
Happy Sunday to you all!

Marti
10-15-2006, 02:08 AM
Hi gals.

It's a little late here so this will be a short one. Wanted to pop in and say hello. Spent the day w/James running errands and a little shopping. Didn't buy what I wanted, but there is always tomorrow. I need to start thinking of Christmas gift buying!!
Jhanai fell in love w/the movie: The Notebook, so I will be buying her that and the book. One idea down! More to go!

Better get off here and get some sleep.

Hugs to you all.:hug:

FrouFrou
10-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Hello ladies....

SUE...oh, I do enjoy hearing about your decorating. I love the colors you have chosen and can actually picture it all together. Our bedroom and bath were those colors (burgundy's, pinks & navy) when we moved here. Our bath stayed the same through changing the bedroom to blue but we went with a cream color when we painted and went with sage. To be honest, I don't like the color in the bath, seems to plain to me. But it will stay that way for a while, DH is tired of painting, lol. And I've been there, done that...decorating a new house and I can tell by your post how excited you are about doing it.

NORMA...I'm sorry your ear is still bothering you. I do hope the meds do something for the pain soon. :hug: :hug: And yes, I am a doily person...have been for years. I love the crocheted ones and I even have a (plastic) tub full of doily's, placemats, runners and tablecloth's. I just feel that a table, dresser, etc. needs a little something and a doily is the perfect touch for me.

MARTI...I've been thinking a lot about Christmas shopping too. I think the first of November I am going to start. I know what I am getting Carrie, and Josh, Jason is the hard one. I don't think V and I will exchange gifts this year as I would rather donate the money to help the Troops or homeless. I too liked The Notebook and have both the DVD and the book. But I must say, I was a little disappointed in the movie. It was good but the book was sooooo much better. I'm glad I read the book before I got the movie. Actually, that was one of the DVD's V got me for V-Day last year. Along with my other two favs, Sleepless in Seattle and While You Were Sleeping.

JANE...you don't have to thank me for the prayers for Mary. I was thinking about her and hoping she is doing well. Not sure when Josh will be home. He said they are sending some guys home for R&R but didn't say if it was his platoon or not. Last he told me he thought Jan or Feb but the cut-off date is March thru May for them to go home so who knows. I did tell him to let me know if he thinks they will be coming home for Christmas so that I can send the stockings earlier if I have to...thinking I probably should anyway. Glad you and Neal had a nice day of shopping.

SASSY...I will definitely go check out Oprah's site. I used to get her e-mails but haven't in quite a while. Glad you are feeling better and I hope the tests come out normal.

JULES...does your son know where in Iraq Tony is going to? I thought where Josh went wasn't too bad...any place over there is bad but some places worse than others. I just pray there is an end to this war soon, before too many more die-it breaks my heart. Keeping my fingers crossed DD gets the apartment. :crossed: Well, I hope DH is feeling better. V is like that too. He's working too much and is stressed and tired and tends to be grouchy towards us. I told him to take some time off but he won't, so...just have to deal with it right now I guess.

Hi to everyone else, MARY KATE, MICHELLE, TIFFANY, JUDITH, and anyone I missed. :wave:

Well, we got some great ideas from the open houses yesterday and, I want o sell our house and buy one of them. OMG! Those Model homes were GORGEOUS! Well, some of them. Every year they have a Parade of Homes and last year we didn't go but made a point of going this year. We don't go in people's homes, it's just the new model homes. I love the lay-out of this one in particluar so we got some info on the builder. Our plan when we bought this house was to stay here for 10 years and then move back out to the country. We've been here 2 1/2 years and I am so glad we decided not to move a while back-don't know what we were thinking. Anyway, we spent about 3 hours looking at a few homes, didn't see them all. Maybe next weekend we can go look at some more. Came home and got some yardwork in before it got dark. But it was nice to actually spend some time with DH. Today I am working on my scrapbook pages. I have it all on the table and am hoping to be finished this week so I can start on Josh's Army album. I've been buying stuff for his album since he joined the Army and bought the Army album a couple of months ago just never started it. Then i need to get back to Carrie's. Okay, yakkity, yak....I am babbling now. It's too quiet here today with no one home but me and Ernie dog. And it's a cloudy, rainy day, kind of depressing. Anyway...

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone is having a good weekend!:hug:

Jane
10-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi ladies,

Sue - I just love Elder Beerman's. They have a good selection of just about everything, don't they?

Marti - I'm with Jhanai, I like the movie and book The Notebook, too.

Cristi - I'll just be glad when the test results come back on Mary. Did you mean March - May is the cutoff date for Josh to come home for R&R? I love looking at new homes, too, and went through a lot of model homes before we selected a floor plan we liked, where everything was almost right, then we still had to make changes with the builder. I think the thing I like best about our house is the alcove off the master bedroom which makes the room huge. Well, of course the stone fireplace is Neal's pick, lol. Did you get any work done on the scrapbook pages?

Well, it's so quiet at home today - none of the kids or grandkids are around. I do believe I'm going out to buy a few more Christmas presents. One thing I got for Neal is a jigsaw puzzle of our area, with our address being the center of a 6 mile radius. He'll love that! I sent off for it at personalcreations.com , and also got a wall hanging for Terry and Gina with their names on it. It's 10 weeks until Christmas - I better get a move on, lol, I'm running behind.

Have a good day, chickas, :hug:

Marti
10-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Hello again ladies....

I'm in the middle of cleaning house. I have so much laundry its unreal. Especially for only two of us!! :spin:

Wanted to pop in really quick to see how you are all doing. Had wonderful day w/James yesterday then he gets called to work this morning. I was hoping for an entire weekend w/him!!:tantrum: But what can a gal do?? (catch up on laundry that's what I can do!) :D

I better get back to cleaning if I want to enjoy the rest of the night. You all have a relaxing sunday.

Hugs:hug:

Michelle
10-16-2006, 12:45 AM
:wave: Hi Everyone -- I got a call today and my mom was taken by ambulance last night and is in the hospital again. She fell out of bed last night, and luckily didn't fall on the leg that she just had surgery on, but her other leg is now sore and very bruised up. They are having a lady put a rail on her bed, because this is about the 6th or 7th time this has happened over the last year. She also was having shortness of breath today and very irritable. I will post again soon. I'm still keeping with my WATP exercising every day and counting my calories. Have a good night!:hug:

FrouFrou
10-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Hi ladies...

Kind of a quick one for me today. Was busy this a.m. and getting ready to with DD to the doc.

JANE...not really sure...Josh just said that March thru May is the cut-off date for R&R. I'm thinking he meant for his platoon. :dunno: He wasn't specific. Well, I do hope you and Mary find out something soon, waiting is the pits! And don't remind me about Christmas, YIKES! It will be here before you know it and once again I am not ready. I like the idea of the puzzle, such a cool gift, and I bet Neal loves it! I did get some done on the pages but...having a hard time. The layout I liked I don't like afterall so I've wasted one page. Tried it a different way and liked it a little better but still wasn't like, I LOVE IT! Did a third one and it is even better. Used different paper so I might go with that one. I am going to try one more and then decide. Will be working on them all week so should be finished the weekend. Unfortunately, I may end up making copies of the "one" page that I like the best because of time and supplies. Don't know yet. This is harder than I thought it was going to be, started out easy.

MICHELLE...(((((HUGS))))) to you and your mom. She has sure had her share of the hospital. Glad you are still getting your walks in. I know how stressful it is to concentrate on your health, or yourself when your mom or someone is ill.

MARTI...sorry you didn't get the whole weekend with James. At least you got some time though. Did you get your housecleaning done?

Okay, what is Elder Beermans? I've never heard of it before.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Well, I actually got off my butt and went to It Figures this morning. Got in a good 40 mn. work out and I am feeling so energized. You know, I'm not sure why I take so many breaks from it because I always feel better when I go. Also, got in a mile walk on the treadmill, so I'm feeling pretty good right now. I skipped breakfast but not on purpose...was running late this morning and trying to get A Dr.s appt. for DD. I figured the phones were down because I called for an hour straight and it was busy. Anyway, stopped by Subway while I was out and picked up a tuna sandwich and a cup of beef vegetable beef soup. The soup totally hit the spot, was soo good. I did good because I didn't eat it all, the sandwich or the soup. And have dinner planned so starting off on the right foot this Monday. I didn't lose anything this week but I didn't gain either so that is good too. I am down to 197 and am very happy about that...finally seeing the scales going down.

Anywho...take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a good day! It is still rainy, and dreary here. We need the rain so....okay, gotta go. DD's appt. is at 2:15. See ya :wave:

Jane
10-16-2006, 04:21 PM
Hiya chickas, :wave:

Marti - I know just what you mean about the laundry. Mount Washmore just won't go away, lol, and all I have to do for is Neal and myself. It's not like I've got a whole bunch of kids or anything. :dizzy:

Michelle - let us know how your mom is, ok? Good for you, staying OP.

Cristi - it's raining here, too... blech. About the scrapbook pages, after I did mine, I thought of ways I should have done things differently, but they're ready to mail, and I for sure won't be changing them now. Elder Beerman's is a department store. More upscale than Macy's but not as swanky as Nieman Marcus. Actually, they have different levels of prices of things. What I like about EB is that they have such a huge selection of everything. And I've had good luck with their clothes and things lasting well. I'm so happy for you being at 197, and proud of the fact that you do so well with exercising. Look how far you've come in the past year!

A big hello to everyone else reading this. :)

One of our windows doesn't want to open right, so the contractor is supposed to be here tomorrow AM to fix that. It's the one behind the 10 foot long computer desk in the bedroom alcove, so now we'll have to move that out of the way - what a pain in the patootey.

I'm simmering chicken and rice for supper tonight, and the house smells so good. We haven't had this for quite awhile, and I have been trying to vary the menus.

Rain, rain go away..... I plan to curl up with my book in a little while, so I guess it doesn't matter anyway. :)

Have a good one, ladies!

FrouFrou
10-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Back again for a few minutes...

Went with DD to the doc and she has to go have an ultrasound and possibly a mammogram Wed. She found a lump in her left breast Friday but didn't tell me until Sat. of course we couldn't do anything with the doctor not being open. Had no clue how long it has been there either. So she went today and the doctor actually found another lump as well. If it's not one thing it's another I swear. Trying to keep her from feeling negative...wonder where she gets that from. Anyway...

JANE...yeah, these scrapbook pages are a hoot! Okay, I tried to do it assembly style...had all five laid out, put some strips on all of them, put this one thing on a paper background and put that on all the pages but then came the hard part...the pictures. Turning into a nightmare but I do have three completely done. I'm going to do another and which ever one I like the best I am going with. I may or may not have it copied. It wouldn't be that much more to just buy more paper and stickers and do 3 more. Except that I used some of the photos I was going to send. I'll get it worked out. OIC about EB. I had never heard of the store before. I do like Macy's and NM though. And thank you! I am almost back down to where I was when Josh was in Basic last year. Once again your dinner sounds delicious. I'm either fixing that tomorrow or chicken and dumplings. Haven't had the dumplings in a while but seems we have chicken and rice A LOT! But it's one dish that we all like so we never really tire of it.

Okay, going to go post on the other threads since I have a little more time now before Jeopardy.

Have a good one :wave:

suetalks
10-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Good evening...I promise I won't write a novel tonight. :)
We are getting the same darn cold rain here. Ugh! I am so not ready for winter. I made chili for dinner and it really hit the spot.
Took Mom to her heart Dr. today, then to the bank and Wally World.
This afternoon I got the laundry room "decorated." Now, just have the great room..big pieces to hang up. Need to make a trip to Hobby Lobby first, so don't know when we will do that.
Tomorrow I have a chest x-ray appt. but nothing else. It is supposed to rain most of the day again.

Cristina- I am thinking good thoughts for your DD. I am sure everything will be okay. You are doing so good with the It figures and treadmill. Keep it up! 197! Yay!

Jane- Chicken/rice sounds good. Bet it was! Oh...we have a window problem too. The builder is coming by to take a look. A couple of the tilt in windows won't tilt. I wanted to wash them the other day and they wouldn't budge. Did you enjoy curling up with the book?

Michelle- Good luck to your Mom....keep us posted.

Marti- Where DOES all that laundry come from? I need the answer to how 2 people can dirty so much here too.

Hi to everyone...hope it is sunny where you are!

Jane
10-17-2006, 10:48 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Cristi - I wondered yesterday when I read that your DD was going to the Dr. what was the matter, and knew that when you were ready to share, you would. :hug: Well you know that she'll be in my prayers, Cristi. Most of those lumps are just sebacious cysts, and aren't a problem. After her ultrasound tomorrow, when will she get the results? Mary called her doctor yesterday for the results of her tests, and the doc is out of town! We don't know how long she'll be gone, because the receptionist was very vague. However you do the scrapbook pages, I just know they'll be so nice. Chicken and dumplings sounds really, really good, too. I haven't made dumplings in years. My mom made them much better than I ever could, though. Bet yours are delicious!

Sue - chili is on my menus for Thursday, so I'll make it tomorrow. Yep, I enjoyed my book. I finished Teacher Man, by Frank McCourt. He wrote Angela's Ashes. Now I'm reading a totally trashy novel, and won't even tell you the title, lol.

Hello to everyone else! :wave:

Today is my day with Makenzie Jane, and she just came in the door, so I better scoot. Have a good one, ladies.

suetalks
10-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Jane- I read Angela's Ashes and enjoyed it...I need to read Teacher Man. Hey, I alternate between trashy novels, mysteries and best sellers...hmmm, may be on to something, how about a trashy mystery?...could be a best seller.

Hope you all are having sunshine in your life, where ever you are this morning. My life is full of sunshine, even though the weather is dreary. Hope you feel the same and Count your Blessings.

Sassy_Chick
10-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Hey all. Just a quick pop in and Sue, no sunshine here. Infact it rained so hard yesterday and early this morning, we lost power for a little bit and the power didn't just go right off, it flickered off and on a few times before it went totally off and by doing so, it ruined our printer. :p But we were due for one anyhow. This one we've had for many years and it was used when we got it. (got it from our college we both went too and hub worked for) So its done its purpose. ;)

I hope you all are doing well.

FrouFrou
10-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Hiya ladies...

JANE...you know, I keep telling DD that too and she is just freaked out. Of course like her I always tend to think the worst. But for some reason I am not worried about it/her. You know how you worry and a mother can feel something is wrong with their child? So I am hoping those feelings are right. I am going to work on the second scrapbook page this evening after dinner and tomorrow go have a copy of each made and see how they turn out, see if they look like the original. Well, close enough because with the layers you won't get the same effect but if the colors are the same and the pictures are decent looking I may go that route. Otherwise I will be working my booty off playing catch-up this weekend. Of course I went to the scrapbook store here in town to see if they have more of the paper I am using and wouldn't you know it, not one piece. Anyway...you know, that is sooo wrong of that doctor to leave Mary hanging like that. You would think the nurse could at least give her the results if they have them. Not nice to make someone wait and worry. Hugs to Mary, and you of course because I can only imagine how hard it is for you also. :hug: Have a fun day with little Miss Makenzie Jane.

SUE....mmmm, chili sounds good! It will definitely be on our dinner menu this week with the temps plummeting to 58 tomorrow for the high. Supposed to be a nice, warm 77 today and it feels it. And...the sun is shining! :sunny: And thank you! I am trying to get back on track and stick with this. Who knows, maybe that's how I will stay on track by taking breaks every now and then. Just need to make those breaks shorter. Your house sounds like it is coming along nicely.

MARY KATE... thank you for the card, received it in today's mail! :thanks: And for Erik's address. I will get something in the mail for him Friday. I'm headed to the PO then to send Josh a couple of packages. Is there a specific kind of chocolate that he likes or just any/all? Is he allergic to any? I hate to send him something he doesn't like.

Hi to everyone else wherever you are :wave:

Did a 2 mile walk on the treadmill this morning. Had errands to do so was up bright and early. Well, early anyway. Been yawning since. It has been a while since I was up at 7. Of course it didn't help that I woke up at 2 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep until about 4. I hate that! Anyway, also rode my bike for 15 mns. and only have one more bottle of water to get down. Will probably drink two though like I did last night-had 5 total for the day. Still feeling pretty energized even though I am yawning. That's about all I have. Getting ready to head upstairs since V will be home in about 30mns. Didn't get any house cleaning done, oh well, there's always tomorrow. Going to try getting up early again to get everything done before going to exercise and go with DD to the Imaging Center for the ultrasound. May have to do the scrapbook store Thurs. depending on how long it takes and all. Anywho...'til tomorrow ladies.

Take care and I hope everyone is having a good day. :hug:

P.S.Hiya Ms Sassy! Sorry to hear about your printer. But speaking of the lights going out...while in Wal-Mart this morning the lights went out. They were out for about 10 minutes and one of the workers said "What do we do?" Should we make everyone go to the front?" No one did anything, lol. Kept on shopping. I was close to the front so the light coming in the windows made it bright enough to see. They were back on before I made it to the cash register. How did it ruin your printer though? We had a computer hit and we had webtv (do they still have that?) that we lost too all at one time. DS lost his too, what a pain it was. On the one thread you asked if you would rather be without t.v. or computer I said computer but remember those 2 weeks without it was the pits! Hope you have a good day.

Sassy_Chick
10-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Hey Cristina.

I think it ruined it by the electric going on and off for about 3-4 times before it went out completely. Hub explained why but I forget. He said it shorted out something or another. lol. Technical aren't I? lol.

Shopping by the daylight, eh? lol. I've had the lights flicker off and on while shopping, but never had them totally off. Yeah it would be hard for me to pick too, I would probably say computer too, just because I have a computer @ work, not that I can "Surf the net" or anything on it, but I can check news at least. ;)

Plus I would miss my tv shows. lol. At least we do have a DVR so I guess I could go without both, but I would miss them both. lol.

:woohoo: on the 2 miles and the bike ride! I hate that when you wake up in the "middle" of sleeping and cannot go right back to sleep. I hear ya on the cleaning. I am doing mine tomorrow. ;)

I am planning on sending out the troops stuff soon. Maybe will send it on Friday before work? If not definately on Monday (the 23rd). I even wrote the troops a poem, which I will be emailling you and I need to ask you a favor if you can? Since my printer isn't working if we don't get a new printer by the time I send out the troop stuff to you, could you possibly print out the Poem for me and add it to the troop stuff and also send me a copy? I'm hoping we buy a new printer before then, but just in case?

Thanks.

Michelle
10-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Ladies -- I'm letting you know that I will be away for awhile, because my mom passed away this morning, and I'm having a very hard time right now. Please just say a prayer, thank you.

Michelle

Sassy_Chick
10-17-2006, 09:28 PM
So so so sorry to hear, Michelle! BIG :hug:

suetalks
10-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Michelle..so sorry to hear about your Mom. I am sending you prayers and hugs.
Come back when you feel like you can...we will be here with open arms.

harkeyvalley
10-18-2006, 12:25 AM
Michelle, you and your family are in my prayers. May God give you strength and bless you with peace.

Katiecat
10-18-2006, 12:40 AM
Michelle...very, very sorry to hear about your mom. We're here for you, whenever you want to come back and talk. You and your family are in our prayers.

Jane
10-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Michelle - you are in my thoughts and prayers, and I can't tell you how sorry I am for your loss. My mom (and dad) has passed, too, so I know how it feels. I PMed you my numbers, and if you just need to talk, please know I'm here for you, ok?

To all others - the doctor called Mary a little while ago, she does have rheumatoid arthritis. She is stunned and very upset. I told her that we have to count our blessings that it wasn't anything any worse. She sees a specialist on Nov. 9, in Evansville.

Today is my son's birthday, so we'll be celebrating that later this evening.

Have a good day, ladies. :hug:

JJPhat
10-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Hi to all,

I am sorry that I am not keeping up with the group. I find that by the time I can get on here I'm too tired to do so.

What's going on---Ben (my 18 month old) is having fevers agian. I think he's getting more teeth. Bryan, my DH, will be leaving on November 1st for a 3 month long school. I will be going into outpatient surgery on the 6th of November for polyp removal. My oldest daughter will be going to Escape Camp with the youth. It will be her first time for an extended away. I am STILL working on exercising by walking every day and tried out Leslie Sanson's "firm up fast walk" dvd. I WILL MAKE myself like it...LOL

For those of you who are expecting something in the way of a scrap page, I have the layout, I have all but 3 pictures, and my journaling stinks. I am not sure if I will make it by the suspense date but I will do my best. Sorry.

Last week, I challenged myself not to eat sweets. I made it!! Except on Tuesday when my oldest son, Bryan II, wanted to be sweet and bought me a candy bar with his allowance. I didn't say anything to him about trying not to eat sweets. I knew things like that would happen because you know once you say I won't do...then others like to invite you to DO just that..lol

Well, I'm going to head out. Again, I'm sorry for not keeping up, I feel so bogged down with everything that it is difficult to get in here.

OH Thank you Cristina!!!

Tiffany

FrouFrou
10-18-2006, 05:21 PM
Hi Ladies...

MICHELLE...(((((HUGS))))) to you and yours. I am truly sorry to hear about your moms passing. Just know we are here for you when you are ready to come back and I will be keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. :hug: :hug: :hug:

SASSY...no problem at all. And I can't wait to read the poem myself! I've never been much of a poem writer but my kids have their dads talent of writing and painting.

TIFFANY...sounds like you have a lot on your plate. You are welcome for the card but you really don't have to thank me at all. I so enjoy sending cards to people. What a sweetie your son is but isn't that the way it always goes?

JANE...(((((HUGS))))) to Mary. I know that was the last thing she wanted to hear, and she's so young. But I with things now days they can do something for her. :hug: :hb:HAPPY BIRTHDAY to TERRY!:hb: Hope you guys enjoy your evening of celebration.

Well, I need to get going, almost time for Jeopardy. Didn't get my housecleaning done again today. Just too busy this morning and didn't get home until after 2:30 so running way behind on things. Trying to play catch up with laundry. Maybe after Jeopardy I can get something done. Was thinking about going to It Figures since I didn't go this morning after all. I did get in a walk though so that's good, better than nothing. Anyway, better get going. Take care ladies. :hug:

Katiecat
10-18-2006, 07:32 PM
This is post #50, and I still don't know how to start a new thread. Sheesh, I feel useless...only decorative around here...like a doily... :rolleyes:

Cristi, glad you got the card. Erik loves any kind of chocolate, he'd even appreciate a Hershey Bar :) That's really nice of you to think of him, even though he's still stateside -- he doesn't need a big care package like you're sending to the guys in Iraq, but he be tickled that someone thought of him :hug:

Jane, I'm really sorry to hear about Mary's diagnosis. There's good info on the net from reputable sources like the Arthritis Foundation, and they discuss a lot of different treatment options, and how to best take care of yourself. It's good they discovered this early, because it sounds like there are a lot of promising newer treatments that can help slow or stop joint damage.

Michelle...you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Talk to you soon, ladies...