Weight Loss Support - The first 10! Let's help each other get started!

Ottoette
10-11-2006, 07:10 PM
I have been around 3FC for a while, nearly 2 years off and on. I have been as low as 212 since then, but NOW I'm SERIOUS! I'm going to a nurtritionist, I'm in The Biggest Loser challenge here, I am eating well and working out and I am 3 or 4 lbs down in the first 11 days.
How are YOU keeping yourself on track today? How do you not get discouraged by losing 1 lb in a week when all the fad diets and reality shows lose 5 or 10 lbs in a week?
I see new folks and re-committed folks on here every day. If you're willing to stick this out for 10 lbs worth, join me. We'll share tips, motivating ideas, whatever to get that first 10 off! I don't think any other 10 will be as hard, until the last 10!
Who's with me???

noodlesz
10-11-2006, 10:16 PM
I'm with you!!! I'm one of the recommittals you were talking about. I started a thread under Support: Starting Over . . . Again. I've just made the decision to DO IT this week, so your First 10 challenge is a great one for me. Thanks for asking.

Ottoette
10-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Thanks, Noodlesz!!
It's so easy to get all fired up for a day or two, or even a week, but then you wander off and you're not really connected with anyone here yet to hold you accountable.
What's your plan? I am doing a modified GI type diet. approx 1600 cals a day, but the focus is on lots of protein and fiber and only good carbs.
I will go check out your Starting over again thread!

littlebumblebee
10-11-2006, 11:30 PM
Count me in.

I am ready to stick to it for the long haul this time around. I rejoined Weight Watchers again. Don't ask how many times this make. But this is the last time because I intend to stick to it regardless of how long it takes me to reach my goal. This time I am keeping a food journal and writing down everything. And with the support here I know I am going to finally make this my reality of eating healthy and having a healthy relationship with food.

metalgoddess
10-11-2006, 11:47 PM
I'm with ya.
I'm down 11 or 12 now but still have a long ways to go.
My biggest challenge is eating. My work schedule makes me have a hard time planning my meals. BUT, I'm doing great getting 3 healthy meals and a few healthy snacks. I've gotten into eating the Lean Cousine sandwiches for lunch with a yogurt which goes over well since my lunch is only 20 min.
Progresso Hearty chicken and noodles or beef and noodle are good too.

I've totally dedicated myself to my exercise. I joined a gym called Lifestyles..for women only. They are great there. I use guilt as a way of sticking to going to the gym. They weigh and measure you every 6 weeks and I keep that in my mind that I don't want to be dissappointed when the time comes...it helps. And since I only work 3 days a week, I do videos on my days I can't get to the gym(its 20 miles from my house..1 block from work). My 4 yr old son is getting into some of my videos so we do it together and he makes it more fun.

Ottoette
10-12-2006, 12:53 AM
Glad to have you all!
LittleBee - I loved WW points plan and it worked for me several years ago. I couldn't get back into it, even re-joining 3 times in the past 18 months. Since I'm diabetic, my insurance will pay for a nutritionist, so I decided to check her out and I love it -- so far - only 11 days in. Glad to have you!
RoliePolie - My son is 3 and loves Rolie Polie Olie, I'm guessing with a 4 yr old you know who that is! Looks like you've made a great start, but I'm delighted to have you with us for the next 10! Planning is KEY, isn't it? I use Lean Cuisine and South Beach frozen meals a lot for lunch - with a salad and sometimes a piece of fruit. If I fail to plan - I have planned to fail for the week!

metalgoddess
10-12-2006, 02:01 AM
Yes I know who Rolie Polie Olie is..lol...but I picked the name cuz of my rolls :dizzy:
Which luckily are slowly fading.

I started another thread counting my cardio minutes..my goal is 1500 for the month. I'm at 335 already so hopefully I can do it.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

AmberKay
10-12-2006, 02:39 AM
Me!

I've been eating pretty decently...it's just exercise. I need a kick in the tail. I have a free membership to the university's gym because I'm a student too, so there's no excuse.

Sooooo, 157 is my official goal for this thread. :) Is there a time thing, or...?

MoNewEngland
10-12-2006, 10:33 AM
Hi ladies I was reading your posts and I'm in the same boat of starting again. I'm doing WW on my own. If you'd like to join our existing group it's listed under the Support Group section and we've just renamed our group to "Just Dew It!" We started a brand new thread today in hopes of attracting new members. Hope to see you there!

Mo

Ottoette
10-12-2006, 11:33 AM
:welcome2: AmberKay! Get theeself to that freebie gym! You might meet some new friends too! What year are you in and what's your major?
MoNewEngland Thanks for letting us know! Perhaps I'll be over after T-day, but I don't want to have too many threads to check in on.

RoliePolie 1500 mins is an AWESOME goal! I'm still working on 4x a week doing one of my exercise dvds. That's the goal my nutritionist set for the next month. That's actually a huge increase in activity for me!

It's six weeks until Thanksgiving :thanks1: exactly, so why not make that our target? That's 1.6 lbs a week.
My goal is 213 then!! Weigh in for the past 3 days was 223, I'm due to drop one!
Today I am staying strictly on plan food-wise and I am going to do my WW or my PUSH dvd after work. I will try to walk :running:15 mins at lunch also.

metalgoddess
10-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Sounds good to me...so its 10 lbs before Thanksgiving???
Good thing my sister in law is doing Tday this year...her food is always very bland so I can easily not eat too much..lol.

Are we posting our weight loss weekly??If so what day are we doing it?

littlebumblebee
10-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Thanksgiving is a good time table for us to reach our goal of losing the 10 pounds. I would love to lose more. But 10 pounds loss will be great.

AmberKay
10-12-2006, 09:07 PM
:welcome2: AmberKay! Get theeself to that freebie gym! You might meet some new friends too! What year are you in and what's your major?

hehe, okaaayyyyy!

I'm actually going to pull out the yoga mat here in a couple of minutes. :exercise: I'm making a dedication to exercise every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday after my 8:00 morning class. Let's see if I'll stick to it...

I'm meeting some friends...one in particular. ;) :whoo:

I'm a freshman, and I'm double majoring in Art and Psychology.

Today was a good day! Didn't eat anything unhealthy. I didn't weigh myself...I try not to do that every day or I obsess. How do mondays sound to you guys for weigh in days? That way we have the weekends to be accountable for. :p

metalgoddess
10-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Mondays are good days to weigh in...sounds good

littlebumblebee
10-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Mondays weigh ins is good for me too.

Ottoette
10-13-2006, 12:11 AM
Monday works for me, I weigh daily anyway - it works best for me.
I envisioned this as checking in daily with our food/exercise plan (not detailed, just brief sketch or as much as you want to write), whatever challenges we're facing, any NSV (Non-Scale Victories) in our lives. How you stayed motivated to work out last night -- stuff like that.
I was supposed to work out tonight, but I spent too much time at my son's day-care discussing potty training with his teachers and then I had promised DS he could help me cook dinner tonight (which makes it take at least twice as long). Now he's in bed and I'm wiped out. Tomorrow is a touchy-feely all day off-site meeting to introduce our "vision" and "culture drivers". Ugh. But I should be done early, so I should be able to work out Fri/Sat/Sun and get my 4x for the week.
Food was great up until dinner. I'm not so sure, but I think I went over my portions. I really must get the food scale out and measure.
AmberKay - I look forward to hearing more about this one friend :listen: Freshman year can be a lot of things - mostly what you put into the experience is what you'll "reap". We're here for ya!
Rolie - Looks like those cardio numbers are boosting up! Yay You!:cheer2:
LittleBee - Tell us a little more about yourself - if you'd like.
Noodlezs - Where'd you go?

QOTD (anybody can post one of these if you have a topic you'd like to hear about)- What's the earliest diet experience you remember?
I was 14 or 15, had just put on the first 30 lbs while my mom was in the hospital for 9 months gravely ill. On a holiday visit to my Aunt and Uncle's my aunt made me weigh in on her scale and offered me $1 a pound for every pound I lost by Easter. I remember feeling mortified and embarassed and actually read my Mom's Atkins book (he first published in the '70's) and decided I couldn't do it.

:thanks2: - 42 days away!

AmberKay
10-13-2006, 12:37 AM
hahahaha! I did 30 minutes of cardio!

Hm...earliest diet experience I remember is when I was probably around 10 or so. I would only eat half of whatever was on my plate, if that. :| I wasn't actually overweight either, I probably weighed around 75-80 lbs at the time. I don't think I even hit 100 lbs until I was 13 or so. My mother was constantly dieting and has been obese as long as I can remember...I think that may have had something to do with it?

And yeah, I was thinking this could be a daily chat too. It'll be fun! I try to weigh myself once a week...it usually ends up being more. :p

Jeez, you work out 4x a week?! hehe, you shame me. That on top of having kids...wow.
I don't really have a food plan. At all. Actually, the medication I'm on for migraines completely kills my appetite...which you'd think would be good. But if I don't make myself eat I just won't eat. And when I do eat things just don't taste good. So lately it's been pretty low(around 1000 cals). I don't cook, and there's nobody to cook for, so I usually pop a healthy choice frozen meal in the microwave for dinner or something. I dunno, my food life is reeeeaaally boring. :D

And he's soooooo cute!!! :o And very sweet. He's in my art class. :) hehe.

Ooh, and I have an NSV that I posted in Mini-Goals already. :p Just that all of my skinny jeans fit up over my booty now. They range from snug 12's (which is the size I wear now) that are only a couple of lbs away from fitting, to 10's that are super tight to 9's that don't come close to buttoning....but I got them all up over my hips. :D

metalgoddess
10-13-2006, 02:22 AM
My cardio today was fun as usual on my days off of work(I go to the gym on the days I work). My 4 yr old son loves doing Sweatin to the Oldie with me. He is a blast to watch. Makes it go faster.

Tomorrow I'm going to stock up on chicken and veggies. I bought a Foodsaver and a food steamer so I can make me up some healthy meals and freeze them until I need them.

Ottoette: I have a trick that I do to prevent overeating at dinner. I use a salad plate (its about 8") as my dinner plate. I keep my food in the small circle in the middle. The only challenge is not going for 2nds. I think since I've been doing this I can stop when I'm full and not overeat.

AmberKay: Congrats on the skinny jeans. I don't have those, I have skinny shirts. Still have a bit to go..can still see the roll outline. But they look closer then 2 months ago.

AmberKay
10-13-2006, 02:31 AM
Hey,I have skinny shirts too. :p I blew up about 20 lbs this past year, so most of my clothes are from when I was smaller.

noodlesz
10-13-2006, 08:43 AM
Here's my plan. I've never been able to "count calaries". It's like college algebra to me. A foreign language, I've just never been able to master. My main approach to diet is Abstinence = no sugar or alcohol (Started over on this plan this past Monday, 10/09/06. I first tried abstenence last February. Succeeded at it for more than 40 days, but no weight loss = wasn't exercising!!!). Also I'm doing portion control. I eat 1 main dish (ie. 1 cup baked chicken) and 1/2 cup one or two veggetables. I eat 1-3 fruits a day and drink at lest if not more 64 oz of water. I am working out 3 days a week consisting of 40 min weight lifting and 30-45 min jogging/walking.

I think consistancy will be the key for me. I haven't stepped on the scale since before last Monday, although I'm temped to every day. I know that I'm compulsive about the scale and if it doesn't say I've lost anything, then I get depressed and want to binge. So once a week is all I'm allowing myself to weight in. Monday's will be perfect for me since that's the day I got my FRESH START.

I'm an unemployeed, full-time college student (back after 21 years!!!), so things have been pretty stressful over the last few months . . . life is settlling down now so I'm counting on have more control over my eating habits. You guy will certainly help me with being accountable!!!
Thanks for being here!!!

metalgoddess
10-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Welcome to the thread. I don't do calorie counting either. I just try to keep my meals at the right portions. My biggest problem lately is my husbands band travels alot and we tend to have to go to fast food restaurants. I eat as little as possible because even the salads are unhealthy there once you put the dressing on. But at least we have the next 2 weeks where the shows are close to home and we can eat here.

littlebumblebee
10-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Ottoette I guess the biggest thing to know about me is that I have an eating disorder. I go from binge eating/bulemic that has lead me to being severe morbidly obese. I am taking it one day at a time to take back control of my life. I don't want to raise my kids to have a bad relationship with food like me. I want them to eat healthy and not let food control their lives as I have done all these years. I cook healthy meals for my family, but I overeat and even healthy foods can be a problem for me. But I am getting better one day at a time.

AmberkayCongratulations on those skinny jeans fitting. Awesome!

roliepolie I have Richard Simmons Sweatin to the oldies and I need to start using it to get in some more exercise.

noodleszYou are very organized with a really great eating and exercise plan.

QOTD :: What's the earliest diet experience you remember?

I was a little kid I don't even remember how old I was. I remember being teased about being fat. I wanted to lose weight but didn't know how really. The only way that I knew to lose weight was by not eating. That was the beginning of my binge eating. Because I could go for 2-3 days without eating anything. But than I would get so weak that I would eat everything I could find in the fridge and cupboard. I don't think I ever loss any weight but that became the eating habit of eating very little to binge eating. That way of eating is what pushed me into being labled severly morbidly obese by the medical profession. I have since tried numerous of diets and the only one that I have had any success with is weight watchers. I have started and stopped ww so many times. But this time I am going to stick with ww for the long haul. Counting points,and writing everything down helps me gain control. I have to eat small meals to keep me from getting to the starvation mode where I want to binge eat. WW also allows me to have a dessert to keep me from feeling denied and than feeling the need to binge. I have a long road ahead but I am sticking with ww for the long term.

noodlesz
10-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Does anyone here have an on-line journal? I'm just wondering why people would want a journal that the whole world can read. It seems to me that if I know people might read what I write, I'll be cautious (not as honest) about what I put down on paper. I love journaling . . . been doing it since I was in 10th grade (thank you Mrs. Weber!!!) I want to start another one, but Not sure how or where. What is a blog, and why do they exist?

Anyway, in response to Littlebumblebee, thanks for the compliment, but in actuality I'm not as disciplined as I am organized. I binge like crazy. I have a PLAN and I know what I want to do/accomplish and then the insanity hits me like a ton of bricks and I eat a whole bag of chips. I've just realized today that I need to add CHIPS and FrenchFries to my list of Abstinence items . . . that's the only way for me to not binge. I can stay completely away from something - what I CAN'T do is "have just one".

noodlesz
10-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Hey Amberkay I forgot to mention in my last post - I have a skinny dress!!! :p I love disco dancing and I could get into this dress 9-10 years ago, but now NO WAY:( . Thats my dream goal to go dancing in that dress again! At first I thought it was just a silly wish, it will never happen. But then I refound this site. Talk about inspiration . . . I LEARNED (at least I'm working on learning :D ) how to do "threads" and "posts" etc. and now I'm thinking, hay wait a minute. It's POSSIBLE. I was wearing that dress POST childbirth (23 yr old son and 14 yr old daughter). So YES WAY. And I'm gonna do it. Thank you gals for being here:hug:

AmberKay
10-14-2006, 02:40 AM
:hug: of course you'll go dancing in that dress! I used to do pointe ballet...I'd love to take up some form of dance again, but not overweight like I am now. :p Oh, and I hear you on the abstinence thing....I can't just have one. nuh-uh. :p It's a slippery slippery slope.

I stepped on the scale today. :o Yes, I know...I'm naughty. But it did go down. I'll leave you hanging until monday. ;) but I'm only 2 lbs, yes 2 lbs, away from being overweight instead of obese! That's huge for me. Ohh, and I have yet another NSV. I don't qualify for a weight loss program that my psychology professor is doing. You have to have a minimum bmi of 32, and I don't! I was never going to do it, I didn't want all 95 of my classmates to be studying my weight loss progress. But it's nice to know that I don't qualify anymore. Because I was one of the few in the class who actually did qualify at one point.

:dance:

Hey, why don't we each set an NSV goal or two for ourselves to accomplish before the end of this thread? I want to fit into those dang jeans. (the 12s that are a bit too tight)...I'll think of something else later. Probably exercise related, ew.

AmberKay
10-14-2006, 02:44 AM
Welcome to the thread. I don't do calorie counting either. I just try to keep my meals at the right portions. My biggest problem lately is my husbands band travels alot and we tend to have to go to fast food restaurants. I eat as little as possible because even the salads are unhealthy there once you put the dressing on. But at least we have the next 2 weeks where the shows are close to home and we can eat here.

It's not just the dressing. they spray the lettuce down with sugar water. You're better off getting a chicken sandwich and taking the bun off, honestly.

Could you bring a sack lunch, maybe? As silly as that sounds...

rockinrobin
10-14-2006, 11:49 AM
First of all those people on "The Biggest Loser" are exercising ALL DAY LONG. They have trainers and cooks and are completely isolated from REALITY. No work, no family no nothing. So let's not go by them too much. I also started seeing a nutritionist, my insurance pays for it but I have a copay. I started seeing her once a week and now I'm going every second Tuesday. I'll be there this coming Tuesday and I can't wait. I like going, I trust her scale and she's gives me a menu for the week and we discuss what I've been doing and what I could change. I can use all the help I could get.

metalgoddess
10-14-2006, 06:28 PM
It's not just the dressing. they spray the lettuce down with sugar water. You're better off getting a chicken sandwich and taking the bun off, honestly.

Could you bring a sack lunch, maybe? As silly as that sounds...

I've packed food to go before. But sometimes it doesn't work out well with distance and we have a small car and barely fit everything in it.
I think next time we go I'm going to make sure no fast food is involved. If we can get to a nice restaurant I thnk I'll be able to make better choices. Last time we went to McD's and I got the Premium Grilled Chicken Classic Sandwich . That was a good selection. I removed bun and ate the rest. So it ended up being about 290 cals and 7.5 grams of fat. SO that is something I'll do if there is no other choice. 3 o'clock in the morning traveling doesn't leave alot of choices.

metalgoddess
10-14-2006, 06:34 PM
First of all those people on "The Biggest Loser" are exercising ALL DAY LONG. They have trainers and cooks and are completely isolated from REALITY. No work, no family no nothing. So let's not go by them too much. I also started seeing a nutritionist, my insurance pays for it but I have a copay. I started seeing her once a week and now I'm going every second Tuesday. I'll be there this coming Tuesday and I can't wait. I like going, I trust her scale and she's gives me a menu for the week and we discuss what I've been doing and what I could change. I can use all the help I could get.

I like the show but its so unrealistic. So many pounds in a week is not a healthy way to lose. But that's how they get the ratings. I starting watching it the first season to get ideas for different exercises. But it doesn't seem like they are showing much this season.
I had thought about going to a nutritionist too. I wanna check with my ins. co. to see if its covered. The fitness club I belong to has one but I think its kinda pricey. Too bad it isnt' included with the membership.

rockinrobin
10-15-2006, 08:36 AM
roliepolie, call your insurance company - I did and I was shocked when they told me they will cover it indefinitely. It's good to have some one to bounce ideas off of and it's great to have someone who will weigh you every 2 weeks with an accurate scale - it gives me something to push for.

metalgoddess
10-15-2006, 06:23 PM
I definately will call and talk to them. I have my 6 week weigh/measure in at my fitness club next monday. I'm curiuos to how many inches I've lost. I'll post when I find out.

noodlesz
10-15-2006, 07:47 PM
I'm so curious about what the scale will say tomorrow.:p I've been dying to step on the thing for a sneak preview, but I'm not going to. Compulsive weighing is one of my abstinence items. Once a week is all I'm allowing myself. I restarted abstinence (no sugar, alcohol, chips, fries) last Monday. Friday was a very hard day abstinence wise. I felt like I was going through withdrawal!!! WOW . . . sugar addict to the max, but I've made it so far. I notice I am eating more fruit these days, probably to get the sugar, :o I'll be here tomorrow and post the results of the week. Oh I hope, I hope, I hope I've lost lbs. I'll be so discouraged it it hasn't happened.

noodlesz
10-16-2006, 07:54 AM
:dizzy: I gained a pound . . .

Not going to let that stop me, though. I know what I am doing is good for my body. I'm also lifting weights for 45 mins and fast waking 30-40 mins, 3 times a week. I just cant give up again . . . depression wants to seep in and take me to the dounut shop for comfort, but I'm not allowing it. I'm staying positive. This week I'll cut out breads . . . didn't do that last week. I'm going to release this weight. I'm going to achieve my goals. Does anyone have a similar experience, so I don't feel all alone . . . :ebike: :kickcan: :halfempty :cry:

Ottoette
10-16-2006, 09:31 AM
220!! Wooo Hooo. I was 223, so down 3 for the week. I'm very pleased with that result!
I'll post more later, right now I gotta get to work! :moped:

littlebumblebee
10-16-2006, 04:35 PM
First Weigh in and I am the same weight. I have not loss anything. Today I exercised longer, hoping that will give me a boost for a loss next week.

Noodlesz I am repeat reading Oprah's and Bob Greene's book Make the Connection
and in the book Bob says that the body sometimesholds onto water when losing weight. Even though we may do everything right the body will retain water but release it later showing a weight loss. Fingers crossed for you that next week you lose that pound and more.

OttoetteCongratulations on dropping those 3 lbs. That is an awesome loss.

Hope everyone else has a great weight-in. Good Luck everyone!

metalgoddess
10-16-2006, 08:03 PM
I'm the same today. I definately slacked over the weekend. Well I was sick most of it so didn't really feel like exercising. BUT...I'm back at it today. I did 60 min. of cardio today plus weight training. AND I eat great.
Hopefully this will be a better week for all of us. Good luck girls.

littlebumblebee
10-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Roliepolie Sorry that you were sick over the weekend. You are off to a good start this week with 60 minutes of cardio that is impressive. You should have a nice loss next week.

AmberKay
10-16-2006, 11:19 PM
You guys are doing great!

I'm at 165. :) It was 164.2 this morning, but a couple of minutes ago it was 166. So I'm sticking with 165 for today. So it looks like it's a 3 lb week for me too! :D

Also, went to the gym today. ;) And turned down fast food later on, opting for my healthy dinner at home.

trish71079
10-17-2006, 12:08 AM
Count me in too!!!
I'm pretty new to this web site,and would love to get started in this challenge!I'm proud to say that I'm down 6 lbs in just a matter of a few weeks.I'm ready to work harder so I can keep on loosing.

noodlesz
10-17-2006, 11:58 AM
:D trish71079 Welcome! You'll definately find support here.

;) littlebumblebee thanks for the encourgement and suggestions about the book. It's hard not to get discouraged . . . I really wanted to take myself to a donut shop and drown my sorrows, but My heart wouldn't let me do that to myself anymore!

:hug: roliepolie glad you're feeling better. Hang in there, and congrats on your exercise!

:cool: "fed"up are you doing the 10 lbs challenge with us???

:carrot: AmberKay & Ottoette CONGRATS! whatever you guys are doing, KEEP ON DOING IT. You are an inspiration.

Ottoette
10-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Trish71079 :wel3fc: I'm glad you're joining us, sometimes getting started is the toughest part! 6 lbs is an awesome beginning.
Littlebumblebee and Roliepolie Remember we started this thread on a Wed with a weigh in on Mon, so it's not a full week. Plus my first full week getting back at it, I lost 0.5 lbs, sometimes it takes a few days to get the scale moving downwards. That book sounds interesting. I am trying to re-read Dr. Phil's Weight Loss Solution, it talks a lot about emotional eating.
AmberKay :wave: Let's hope we can keep the 3 lb club alive another week! I am stuck at 220 for 4 days now, but that's ok, cause I know it's a "real" weight then!

QOTD What is your NUMBER 1 reason to lose weight? I actually wrote a list of reasons and it's a page full, but I guess #1 is to be a more active mother to my son. I don't want to sit on the sidelines and watch - I want to play with him!

It's 10:30 am here now and I'm having one of my tough times. I'm hungry but it's too early for lunch. I know where every jar of peanuts and dish of candy is in this building so it makes it extra-difficult to not go help myself. I made myself a cup of Diet Partner tea, which is grapefruit flavored and that is helping a little bit.
I have a birthday lunch to go to at 11:30 and I'm worried I will be so hungry by then that I will go overboard. I have reviewed their menu online and chose a soup/salad combo, now I just need to stick to that choice!

trish71079
10-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Thank you so much for the nice welcome.
I feel so great today,I just weighed myself and I am down another pound.
This has made me want to work yet even more!
Today I ate a good breakfast,I'm planning my snacks and my meals a head of time so, I won't be tempted to eat something I should not eat.
Also,I'm making sure to drink lots of water.I find this to be the most important thing of all.It makes me feel so much better,and I tend to not want to munch on stuff between meals.
I'm going to excersise even more,I hit my gazelle this am,for ten min.(its all my knee could handle)I plan on doing it again later this afternoon for the same amount of time.My goal is to work up to 30 min.
Thanks again! :)

trish71079
10-17-2006, 01:56 PM
noodlesz: Thank you for the encouragement!
I wanted to let you know that sometimes gaining a pound is common.It has happened to me,especially when I really started working out very hard.
My personal trainer once told me that it was probally muscle gain wich is good,to keep doing what I was doing drink more water,and make sure I was eating well.Sure enough he was right because the next week I was down 5lbs,and my average weight loss was 1-3 lbs a week!( also, I had'nt done anything different from the week before)
Hang in there you are doing great!!

littlebumblebee
10-17-2006, 03:58 PM
AmberKay Awesome weightloss. Congratulations on dropping those 3 lbs.

Trish71079 You too have done awesome work. Congratulations to you too on having dropped those 7 lbs.

Noodlesz You a have a nsv because you did not give in to your emotions and go to the donut shop. Good for you.

Ottoette Very smart to plan ahead of what you plan on eating. I have a party coming up next week. I have planned what I will eat, how many calories. I also plan to get in some extra exercise that day.

I had a bad eating night last night. I allowed myself to get too hungry and I ended up binge eating. I am going to try my best to undo whatever damage I may have done. For the remaining of the week I am going to stick to my WW points, drink all my water, and get in exercise. I want to have a loss next week.

QOTD What is your NUMBER 1 reason to lose weight?

I want to be healthy and not have any overweight health problems.

trish71079
10-17-2006, 04:23 PM
littlebumblebee
Thank you for the note of encouragement!
Don't beat yourself up about binge eating,Today is a new day!
WW is such a great program.Keep it up I know you will loose next week!

littlebumblebee
10-17-2006, 05:07 PM
Trish71079 Thank you for your kind words and support they mean alot. I am going to stick with WW regardless of how long it takes me to lose this weight. I have a long ways to go but it is nice to have wonderful friends like everyone here to share with and reach our goals.

Ottoette
10-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Littlebumblebee - it sounds as if you recognized the trigger - the problem that caused the binge eating. That is AWESOME! Now, how will you work around it? A bigger lunch, or maybe a better afternoon snack? Fiber and protein really do the trick for me in staying full.
Trish70179 - you are so RIGHT - it's all about planning. As they say "Failing to plan is planning to fail!"
I ended up with soup and 1/2 a chicken salad sandwich. The salad had NO protein in it and I knew it would not fill me up. I also had 4 bites of a slice of chocolate cheesecake that we all shared, so I felt very satisfied and not deprived at all!

littlebumblebee
10-17-2006, 06:01 PM
Ottoette I am going to try to include more fiber in my diet. By adding in oatmeal for breakfast and maybe some egg whites. Plus I am going to use my Flex points more carefully so when I do want to eat more I can and still stay on track without getting frustrated and ending up binging. I am still learning what works for me but I'm not giving up. I'm going to keep trying until I get it right and start dropping these pounds.
Your lunch sounds delicious.

metalgoddess
10-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Ottoette: have you tried snack bars for those early morning hungers. I eat Special K bars. They are only 90 cals. I eat them between lunch and when I work out. I forgot that we started this on wednesday. I have my fitness club weigh in next monday so it'll be the most accurate weight.

Answer to QOTD: :There are a few: To be sexy for my husband. To be able to shop on the "other side" of the clothing store. To lower my risk of getting health problems(diabeties and heart problems run in the family) And most of all, to not be the "fat mom" when my son starts school (my mom was the fat mom).

metalgoddess
10-18-2006, 08:30 PM
Today was a good day. Did 60 min. cardio and 1/2 hr. weight training. But the ending of my workout really wasn't well. A girl that works at the club was talking to me about my remeasuring/weighing next week. I told her that I knew I had lost at least 6 lbs since the last one. She told me that I wasn't losing enough. I was like WTF...I haven't weighed what I do now since I got pregnant in Feb 2002. I was up to 235 at one point. I am proud of what I've lost..lbs and inches.
I told my husband about it and he told me to forget what she said cuz he thinks I'm doing good. AND I DO TOO.
Yeah I know I probably won't reach my goal weight for the year but at least I'm losing. I hope to come real close.
Well Im done venting for the moment. Hope everyone is having a good week.

Ottoette
10-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Oh, roliepolie, I'm sorry she would be so unsupportive. Just ignore her. 6 lbs is great! Especially since you're improving your heart health at the same time! I am excited to hear how the WI/measuring goes on Monday!
I am at the same weight for 5-6 days running now. It's very discouraging. I am going to stay strictly on plan today, and watch the salt, and get extra water in and see if I can't budge that scale!

metalgoddess
10-19-2006, 11:54 AM
I have gotten over what she said because I refuse to let anyone or anything bring me down this time. I've done that in the past. One other thing she said was that theyare in competition with Jenny Craig, WW, etc. Well I'm doing this for me not for their statistics.

I know how you feel about the scale not budging. I think mine holds out on me just to make me frustrated. I was in Meijer yesterday and was in the aisle with the scales and was going to jump on one just to see what it said but a couple came down the aisle so I chickened out..

Hopefully monday will bring good results. I know I'll have weight loss I just hope the inches have fell off too.

trish71079
10-19-2006, 03:13 PM
roliepolie - Good for you!! I'm so proud of you that you aren't letting that comment from your friend get to you.It's the only way you can loose weight and keep it off is by doing it for your self.
Besides everyone looses differently.The important thing is you are doing for you!! and you are doing the right way! Hurray for you! :)
littlebumblebee - That is great that you are adding more fiber to your diet,I think it has helped me.I've been eating oatmeal for b-fast every am,and what a differance it has made! I think it is great that you are sticking to WW,what a great program,and so much support.You are going to do so good!
Ottoette - Thanks for the kind words of encouragement.I'm glad that you are planning ahead too! I'm glad that you shared the cheese cake at lunch.Its amazing how four bites can really satisfy you. Don't be discourage at all for being the same weight for the past few days now.What is important is that you have made life changes,so even though you arent loosing like you think you should,you are still getting healthy. You are doing the right thing.I too splurged and had some desert w/ my husband last nite.Choc peantut butter pie....YUMMM.We shared it and I could only eat 1/2 of my portion.I was so satisfied,and proud that I did'nt scarff it down and want more.I took the rest home and maybe I'll get arround to wanting it.( I haven't yet...I think I will just give it to my husband.) I have no need to finish it.
Normally I would have already eaten,but I don't want food to controll me like it has in the past.

Ottoette
10-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Hi Ladies! I finally dropped that lb that was stalking me, but yesterday I got a positive pg test, so I won't be trying too hard to lose anymore. Nutritionist says to stay on the same plan, maybe up the veggies some more.
Please send good thoughts, prayers, white light, or whatever positivity you believe in! This is my 4th pg since my son was born and I have lost the other 3 at 7 or 8 weeks. I am 5 weeks now, so the next month will be a bit nerve-wracking.
How was everyone's weekend? Did you stay on plan? I did well, and now I'm more motivated than ever to keep putting good stuff in my body!

metalgoddess
10-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Congrats on the pregnancy. Hope everything goes well.:hug: Please keep us posted. With the medical problems I have my husband and I decided to not try again after our son was born. I wasn't even suppose to be able to have him so I think of him as a Blessing so I don't wanna push it and try again. I that God everyday that I was able to have him.

I've lost 2 lbs. Guess that's making up for next week's no loss. But this is going to be a rough week cuz it's "that time of the month" and with my endometriosis it makes it really hard to exercise. I'll just take it as it comes as always. I was suppose to me re measured today at the gym but I'm going to do it next monday due to the bloating I've got going on.

Hope everyone has a good week and gets great results. Let us know.

trish71079
10-23-2006, 01:59 PM
Ottoette -

Congrats!!!! How wonderful. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
Sending positive thoughts your way!!!!!!!!

littlebumblebee
10-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Ottoette Congratulations on your pregnancy. That is happy news and I certainly will send positive healthy vibes.

Roliepolie Congratulations on your 2 lbs loss. When I have my TOM I have the awful water gain that push the scale numbers up. And the last thing I want to do is step on the scale for that week.

Trish You have strong will power to not had eaten all of the chocolate peanut butter pie. I am going to need all of the will power that I can muster to not inhale the bucket of halloween candy this year.

I finally loss 1 lb. I will be happy to lose even a half pound or stay the same next week, with all the chocolate candy that will surround me.

metalgoddess
10-24-2006, 08:04 PM
littlebumblebeethanks for the congrats...congrats yourself on your first pound. I think I have my son to thank for my weight loss. he's so full of energy and his new game is to make up exercises I have to do. I call him my "little personal trainer"

I'm glad my son doesn't want to go Trick or Treating..I'm going to take him anyways but not for long. Less candy in the house the better. He doesn't like candy. I want to take him for the experience. He never gets to be around other kids so I think he'll like that part of it.

TrishCongrats on not devouring the pie. My mom baked a cake(how dare she) and sent some over. I ate a little but felt so guilty. But you have to treat yourself sometimes and it is my T.O.M.

Ottoette
11-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Where is everybody?? I lost another lb this week and I am DELIGHTED with that! Please check in and let us know how you are doing.
Only 3 weeks left til Thanksgiving!!

Ottoette
11-01-2006, 11:59 AM
PS. I just realized that I have lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks, so I am exactly on track for our 10 lbs in 6 weeks challenge!
Also, my nutritionist is being covered like a reg doc, so it's only $15 co-pay instead of $30 for a specialist! If you have ANY health issues like pre-diabetes or anything else weight related, it's worth it to check it out with your insurance company!

metalgoddess
11-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Okay I am back. My internet accoutn was down for a few weeks. It locked up and they couldn't get it to reactivate...piece of crap.

Anyways...I'm down to 213..OH MY GOD... i haven't been here since high school. I even took a week off of exercising. I had alot of marital issues that needed tending to. Still do but ya know. Gotta get back into it.

Ottoette: how is the baby doing? I hope everything is good. Its good that you lost those pounds. I lost alot at the beginning of my preg.
I'll check back tomorrow to see if anyone else posts.

trish71079
11-14-2006, 11:46 PM
roliepolie :
I'm glad you are back! so down to 213 huh? good for you,That is so wonderful!! I'm sorry to hear that you are having marital problems.I wish you all the best w/that.If you need to talk I'm hear for you.

metalgoddess
11-16-2006, 11:12 PM
Thank you for your support. I don't think it's going work out but we'll see.
Hope everyone has a good weekend. I'm going out and having "me time".