WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters

Tina
09-19-2001, 11:13 PM
Our other "chatters" was getting soooo long.

For anyone new to 3fatchicks or just to our little thread-----We are a great group. We want to live longer and be healthier than in the past. This group gives such sujpport like you've never seen. We would love for you to join us :) :) :)

Did everyone else have a long day????
Tammy, are you all packed for your trip? Laura, are you gone yet?

Linda, hey gal, where have you been?
Loodie, Sis, Dee?????
Has anyone heard from Jill? You know, her wedding isn't far away.

Susan, I feel "blobbish" tonight. Could it be because I drank 3 diet colas today......:( What shall I do with me.....

I hope we all have a great Thursday.

Tina

ChicagoGal
09-20-2001, 09:34 AM
Don't worry, Tina, you'll deblob soon enough! ;) I'm trying to get on an earlier flight today, but don't know if that will work out. Went to the gym this morning. I just hope I can keep up the routine once I get back from my trip.

Good luck to all weighing in today!

Laura~

DeeX
09-21-2001, 12:17 AM
Yep I'm still around, nothing new to say....except I'm bored with everything these days.

Better to have drank 3 diet colas then 3 regular colas Tina :D but Im sure you'll feel better tomorrow morning.

Your doing great going to the gym so often Laura, keep it up. Have a good trip.

Guess its bedtime for me, have to work tomorrow.
Have a great week everyone!
Dee

auntie
09-21-2001, 10:44 PM
Hi All,

Tina, I still "blobbish" myself. However, it should pass in a day or so now. Glad I didnt' weigh in this week or I'd be REALLY depressed. Hope you "deblob" soon.

Laura, I love your new word "deblob." Good for you going to the gym.

I have come to the decision that I have a bike and weights here at home. I need to get off my behind and do it here. I'm also going to water aerobics Monday night. I plan on going at least 3 days a week. Hopefully 4\.

Dee, sorry you have to work tomorrow. You raised a good point about the cokes.

I had lunch with my friend today. I snuck out of school early. She looked great. It did us both some good to get out, but especially her!!

Nothing new here. I've had an upset stomach off and on. The answer is "NO, I'm not!!":nono: A bug has been going around school. Maybe I'll drop a pound or 2.

Ya'll have a great weekend.

Susan

Tammy
09-21-2001, 10:49 PM
Hi all! Math conference was good for the most part. Got some good ideas in some of the sessions. I walked out of a couple early. They were awful.

We came home after our last sessions today because two of us need to watch our kids run cross country in the morning. Better to get a good night's sleep than have to get up early and drive home.

Need to head to bed!

Tina
09-22-2001, 10:52 AM
Hi all,
Tammy, I'm glad the math conference was good & you learned something! :) Let us know how Tim does today. How's the weather? IT was supposed to wait until Monday to rain. Guess what, it started lightening and thundering AND raining during the night. That takes care of outside activities today.

Susan, yes, I have "deblobed" :lol:
Hope your stomach has calmed down by now.

Dee, take it easy. Just think of all that money you're raking in today.

Laura, you inspire me to find a gym!

I used any banked points I might have last night. There was a pot luck at church. Mostly desserts were taken. I did good-only had a big piece of German Chocolate cake. Pot Lucks are changing. Last night, there were so many veggie plates and fewer main dishes. Very interesting.

Okay group------2 weeks from today, I'll be on my way to San Francisco. I'm thinking that flying should be pretty safe right now.

Take care and have a great day.
Tina

Tammy
09-22-2001, 04:11 PM
Tina, my friend flew in from Arizona on Thursday. She said there is alot more security at the airports, and they were randomly selecting people to check through ALL of their luggage. She was one of the lucky (?) ones. They went through everything, then they said that she could repack her suitcases whenever she was ready. All of her stuff had been thrown into a tub. She said that she'd rather live with the inconvenience though.

Today's cross country course was only 1.8 miles. The creek that they usually run through was too deep and the banks were too slick for the kids to run on, so they cut out that section of the course. Tim's time was 14 min. 30 sec. so he was pleased. We figured he would've broken 16 minutes again even if it would have been the full 2 miles.

This is Bob's birthday. I have no card yet, no gift yet. Getting ready to go to that math thing threw me totally off. I think I need to go shopping for a while, how about you?

Tina
09-24-2001, 03:57 PM
Happy belated birthday to Bob. Tammy, did you get a card and present in time? :)

Today I was taken out for lunch. We went to a South American restuarant. Very interesting. The Associate Minister knows all the latin places in town. He, the guy secretary and I had a great time. We were gone a couple of hours. (I didn't get all my work done; did I care???:) )
3 more days of work until retirement. YEA!!!!!
There's going to be a Retirement Party for me on Sunday night. It'll be a party with lots of desserts. I plan on pigging out. :lol:

How was everyone's weekend?
Are we gearing up for weigh in? I'm flooding myself with gallons of water. No "blobbishness" for me this week.

Tina
134 personal goal--someday!

ChicagoGal
09-25-2001, 11:13 AM
Hey there :)

Vegas was great. Absolutely no trouble flying in or out, aside from the cancelled flights that left some folks scrambling at the last minute. I didn't lose as much as I had planned on, so I guess it was a success!! Had a wonderful time with my friends, which was the best part.

Went back to the gym yesterday (water aerobics) and this morning (Pilates conditioning class), so that's a good sign! I might even go back tonight for another water aerobics class. I still have tons of laundry to do, since everything from Vegas smells like smoke :rolleyes:

Nothing else to report in here. Tina, I'll bet you're excited about your countdown!!

Talk to you all later.

Laura~

Tina
09-25-2001, 12:16 PM
Welcome home, Laura,
Hey--we all expected you to win big and share!
You are doing great with your exercise. I wish we had a water aerobics class around here. I live near our neighborhood pool. I think I'll get on them to start one. Now with all my free time...:)

How is everyone else doing? How's your weather?
It was 60 here this morning. Wow

Stay OP

Tina
p.s. I heard from Linda (Loodie). She's having a hard time getting to the internet. She wanted to say hello.

DeeX
09-25-2001, 01:06 PM
Acck! I had to re-log in to get to this new site page. Hi Linda! Sorry you're having trouble getting in.

Well its Tues morning(noon) and I'm OP!! :lol: that could have something to do with the fact that I've only been up a short time, and just ate a couple bites for breakfast. Now to continue on this OP trail for the rest of the week....better yet rest of my life!

I'm gonna set my self a Halloween Goal---no candy at all until trick or treat day:devil: Thats a long time, but I've done it before, and I can do it again. I'm also going to keep a food journal, and work the program!! Want to be down 15# by Halloween. Anyone else want to do a goal?

Sounds like you had a wonderful time at lunch the other day Tina, good for you!! Enjoy your retirement party!! Good thing it will be after W/I.....

Glad you made it to and from Vegas safely Laura....and you had a fun time too! WOOHOO!!! You're doing great on your work-outs, keep up the good work.

Have a great OP day everyone!! I'm to town to shop, it's my day off.......Dee

Tammy
09-26-2001, 09:53 PM
Las Vegas and retirement sound wonderful to me!!

I can't believe tomorrow is Thursday already. Not expecting a loss this week. I'll be happy to stay the same as last week.

Time for bed!!!

Tina
09-26-2001, 10:37 PM
Only 1 1/2 days until retirement.
I will officially celebrate and breathe a sigh of relief after I talk to the Elders on Monday night. I want them to realize that I'm not quiting just because of the job assignments--it's because of the New Minister's attitude. I cannot end this without them knowing the truth---no telling what NM has told them.
Soooooo you all are invited to my Retirement Party being thrown for me on Sun. night, 9/30 at my church.
Yes, it's a good thing weigh in is before Sunday night. :lol: :lol:

Tammy - get some rest.

Susan - where are you?

Tina

DeeX
09-27-2001, 11:57 PM
Hi all

Well today makes 3 days of being OP! I wont W/I til tomorrow or Sat....just to give me a couple more days. So far so good with not eating junk food. Still need to work in more fruits/veggies and water, but its a start.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Dee

Tina
09-28-2001, 02:00 PM
I am FREE
No more work----retirement is here.
I feel so giddy. This is such a strange feeling.
Fortunately that minister was out of town today. I don't think he would have shown his face anyway. :)

I couldn't wait to tell y'all.

We haven't heard from Susan in quite a while. I hope things are okay.

Tina

Tammy
09-30-2001, 04:29 PM
CONGRATULATIONS TINA!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS TINA!!!!!!

Retirement. One a nice word for such a special lady!!! You deserve it sweetie!!!! Now you can travel around the country and visit all of us and have tea parties!!!!!

Tammy
09-30-2001, 04:32 PM
I am computer illiterate. How can I get the size, font, and color to change at the same time???????

auntie
09-30-2001, 09:39 PM
Here I am!!

I've been down with a bug! All week I've been a little run down. Wednesday night I was sooooo sick at my stomach and cold. Then Thurs. my head hurt, throat was scratchy, felt like a brick was sitting on my face, and just no energy. I've been that way all weekend too. I've been a major couch potato!!!

Way to go Tina!!!! How is retirement??? Wish we all closer so we could go celebrate with you!!!

I'm going to San Antonio on Wednesday - Sunday. Going to a Learning Disablities conference then staying to visit my folks and family. I'll have to make it to the Barn Door.

Nothing really taste good these days. Hopefully some weight will come off. I've deceided to start weighing at home instead of at WW. So, Ikeep you posted on my progress.

Hope everyone is doing great! and doesn't catch the bug.

Susan

Tina
09-30-2001, 11:50 PM
Hello, hello, hello :)

Thank you for all your great wishes.
Tammy, I would love to come visit everyone.
Speaking of tea parties, the church bought me a fantastic tea pot with the cream and sugar. This is a big tea pot w/red roosters all over it. Very different--it was made in Italy.

Tammy, I have not idea how this color, font, etc. works. :dizzy:

Susan, I'm so sorry you've been sick. It sounds like you've had a rough time. I hope you are up to going to San Antonio. Eat a big salad at the Barn Door for all of us.

Dee, did you make it all the way through the weekend OP?

Laura, did you get all the smoke smell out of your clothes. Yuk.

My retirement party was great. Lots of people came. The guy secretary gave me a very large arrangement of flowers--there must be 8 different kinds in it. He wrote me a long letter about how much I meant to him. I had a good cry.

Okay group, I'll think about y'all hard at work tomorrow while I drink my tea and swing in my hammock.

Tina

DeeX
09-30-2001, 11:59 PM
WOOHOO Tina! Hope your enjoying your retirement. Any plans as to what you'll do like travel or something?

Tammy the only way I know how to make it change colors and sizes at the same time is to either type in the format or to cut and paste it where you want it. I'm sure there must be a simplier way to do it . :^:

Hope you get to feeling better soon Susan, especially before you have to travel to the conference. Good luck on weighing in at home. Thats what I been doing as I cant seem to make it to meetings, I set my scale to match WW the last time I weighed and always leave it in the same place.

Well I've been doing good on staying OP, went over one day, but had some points banked from the previous day, and didnt use many points on Sat to make up for it. So far so good. I've even been eating salads!! :p Im not much of a veggie eater, but I'll do it.

Have a great day tomorrow everyone!....Dee

auntie
10-01-2001, 09:13 PM
Hi ya'll

TIna, I'm so jealous!!!! I love sitting in my swing with my glass of tea!! We grew up doing that with mom. I cant' wait to do it with her this weekend!

I'm glad that they gave you a nice party. You deserved it!!! I know that the guy you worked with you will really miss you!!!

Dee, I'm feeling better. Even if I'm not feeling good down there my mom will take care of me. You know moms!!

I'll definitely have a big salad at the Barn Door. I forgot to mention that to my Dad. I better email him so he knows to put it on the list of places to go.

Have a great night. I'm off to watch some football.

Susan :^:

Tina
10-01-2001, 09:34 PM
Happy Monday!

Susan, I'm glad you are feeling some better. Yes, mothers can make us feel so much better. I miss that now.

4 more days until my vacation to San Francisco. Tomorrow I'm going shopping......I have only one pair of slacks & that won't do.

Tina

auntie
10-02-2001, 05:57 PM
Howdy,

Tina, Have fun in San Francisco!! You deserve a vacation that's for sure!!!

I'm off to San Antonio tomorrow for my conference and visit with my family. I'm sure that we will do our fair share of eating. I'm going to try to stay within my point range.

Hope everyone has a great evening!

Susan

Tina
10-02-2001, 07:58 PM
Howdy back to Susan :) and to everyone!

Susan, hope you feel great and have a blast in SA.
I spent the day going to 3 stores before finding a pair of black slacks. I've never had such a problem. So many now are length proportioned. "Average" is a little too short & "Long" is so long I trip over them. :lol: I found some Liz Claiborne things on sale that I couldn't pass up. Boy am I going to miss my extra money!!! This is the last time I can go on such a spending spree. :(

Everyone have a great day tomorrow.

Tina

Tina
10-03-2001, 12:19 PM
Is it my imagination, or have we been kind of quiet for a week?

Drum roll please--------I walked for 30 minutes this morning. It was wonderful. I feel so silly, putting this off for so long. Of course, granted now I have more time to walk. It felt sooo good.

I hope everyone is doing all right.
Susan is probably in San Antonio now having her parents fawn all over her. :) I'm sure she'll have a great time.

Is anyone ready for weigh in? I'm drinking my water today. I think I'll try a noon meeting tomorrow. I haven't been able to do that in 3 years. :)

Later,
Tina

Tammy
10-03-2001, 09:18 PM
FINALLY!!!!!

I have been reading your messages and trying to post, but this is the first time it would let me do it. Silly thing.

Tina, I want to come to Texas and hang out. I'd like to pretend that I'm retired.

Hope I'm down the 2 pounds that I was up last week when I weigh in the morning. Right now there is part of an apple pie on the kitchen counter calling my name. I'm not hungry, so I'm trying to stay away from it. Tim mowed my aunt's yard yesterday, and she sent the homemade pie home with him. She almost always does that. That's her way of paying him since he doesn't want to take money from her.

They may work out a deal next summer though where Tim mows and she gives him money to put in his savings account for college (planning ahead here!).

Good luck tomorrow everyone!!

Tina
10-05-2001, 10:25 PM
I'm getting ready for my trip tomorrow. It's after 9 o'clock and I haven't packed. :)

Everyone keep up the good work. I'll be back later next week.

Bye,
Tina
:wave:

auntie
10-09-2001, 09:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

I got back from San Antonio. I'm exhausted now!!:yawn: The conference was good. Enjoyed my family!! Came back to a sick husband. Just hope I don't get it now!!

Tina, hope you are enjoying your trip. You deserve it! Tell us all about it when you get back! You sound like packing at the last minute. :)

Tammy, that is so sweet of your aunt to bake Tim pies. I bet that is tempting.

Ok guys, I need a pep talk and someone to encourage me. I'm having a hard time staying and getting back on track.

Susan

Tina
10-11-2001, 12:54 AM
Hi guys, I'm back!!!!
We had a great trip. I'll fill y'all in after I get some rest.

Where is everyone?? There hasn't been much "chatter" on the thread.

Susan, I'm glad you had a great time at home. How is your husband feeling?

Tina

Tammy
10-11-2001, 07:12 PM
Hi all! I haven't been in here for a few days. I've been going to bed early every night, but I'm still tired in the mornings. Old age?

Susan, I was pooed out when I came home from the math conference that I went to. Come to think about it, I haven't been peppy at all since that conference. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Tina, can't wait to hear about your trip. My brother and his family are heading for Michigan this weekend. Bob is going to Florida in a couple weeks to visit his brother. I'm staying home. Tim and Kramer are staying home too.

I'm changing my name to YoYo. My weight keeps bouncing up and down. I was up 2 pounds this morning.

auntie
10-11-2001, 08:36 PM
Hi,

Tina, glad you are back. Can't wait to hear about the trip!! Glad you had fun.

Tammy, we can start the yoyo club!!! I'm right there with you. You know I've been really tired too. Think the upcoming time change doesn't help either! I woke up at 7:20 ( I have to be at school at 8) Needless to say I was late this morning.

I need a pep talk or a good swift kick to get me jump started again. Any takers???

Susan

Tammy
10-11-2001, 08:59 PM
Susan, I'm with you on the needing a pep talk!!! I'll pass on the kick, I don't like pain!

My Bible study group on Monday night and the gang at school are all out of it lately. Everyone is so wiped out from jobs, family, and the list goes on. I am not ready for colder weather, and I think that is not helping my situation!

We have meetings tomorrow. I'm working at school on curriculum mapping in the morning, then my cohort and I are going out for lunch, then we are going to attend a RETIREMENT seminar in the afternoon. We both have 6 more years, but we thought we'd go anyway and get some information.

Bob will be at the office all day, and Tim will be helping another Boy Scout on his Eagle project. Kramer will be napping under his blankets I'm sure!

Tina
10-11-2001, 09:51 PM
Yawn!
I always thought jet lag was bad when you went from east to west. Well, I'm wiped out today. At 10:30 this morning, I wanted to go out for breakfast--only no one serves it past 10:00! :lol:
So I made some grits and toast. We had a late lunch and then I fixed stir fry pepper steak tonight. Yummy.

Susan & Tammy, I think what y'all have is "It's time for Xmas vacation" blues. Tammy, how cold is it up there now?
I loved the weather in SF. When we got home last night, my face turned bright pink when I stepped out into the heat and humidity. It was 80 degrees at 10:00 p.m.

My trip----we walked & walked; rode the cable cars; and took buses all over the city. On Tuesday, we rented a car and drove across the Bay Bridge to Oakland. This is the bridge that collapsed during the last earthquake. I was so nervous going on that thing. And, we were on the lower deck. I just knew we'd have another earthquake. Larry wanted to go on it. :p

We drove thru Oakland, to Tiboron and then to Saucilitto. They have neat little shops. We had Mexican food there.

We ate healthy breakfasts, light lunches and then, BIG suppers. :)

I didn't weigh today. I should have gotten on my scales just to see what it said.

What does everyone think about the bombing?
We had been sightseeing all Sunday morning and had not heard any news. A bus driver told us that the war had started.
Security at SF airport tightened up after that.

This is a book!!!
Hope everyone wakes up on time in the morning. ;)

tina

Tina
10-13-2001, 01:06 PM
Where is everyone?
It's Saturday! Yeah!!!

Tina

Tammy
10-13-2001, 02:48 PM
Today it was in the 60's and rainy. This was Tim's last cross country meet. The course was HARD! Lots and lots and lots of hills, running through creeks and woods. All the times were bad compared to their times from all the other meets. Tim was very disappointed. His time was over 16:30, and he's been running in the 15's all year.

After he got home from the meet, the junior high boys had open gym for basketball. I'm not sure when the cut will be made. He has mixed emotions about making the team. Last year they kept 12 for the team and he was #13. He got to be a manager and still practice with them and go to all the games. He said the other night that he is so busy, he'd almost like taking the winter off before track starts in the spring. Who knows what he'll end up deciding.

Tomorrow is my Sunday School teaching day. I teach 4th and 5th graders once a month. I've gone over the lesson, but I really don't feel prepared for it. Last month I was fine. This one is about trust. Maybe I'm not trusting myself! LOL

Our refrigerator and cupboards look pretty bare. I guess I should go to the grocery sometime. My list has the essentials on it: milk, bread, juice, Pepsi, and FOOD! Didn't want to get too specific!

Tina, your trip sounds great. I've never been to California, but I'd love to go sometime. I was in Texas once years ago. I remember we stayed in a town called Shamrock, and that's where Tim finally learned to swim. The town also had a Pizza Hut and a Dairy Queen. Isn't it funny what we remember about places?

auntie
10-14-2001, 03:53 PM
Hi,

Tammy, then the town you visited must have been pretty small. It is a necessity in small towns in Texas to have a Pizza Hut and Dairy Queen. When we travel, they are usually were we eat when we drive.

Tina, San Francisco is beautiful. My husband would love to live in California but thanks I'm staying in Texas.

I have about 13 more years to retirement. Funny that I'm already counting the years. Some days I wished it was yesterday too.

We had horrible weather here on Friday night. Pat was in Fort Worth playin with his band. I stayed home. Let's just say Mckinney made CNN for bad weather. Nothing was too damaged, just trees. I was in the bathroom with 5 cats and a dog. I'm not sure who was more scared. A friend of mine called and said he would come pick me up. I made him stay home with his family. I called Pat, (they were eating) He felt horrible and could tell I was scared to death. Luckily, nothing happened.

I'm out of control. Not sure what it is going to take to get me back on track. I'm not giving up.

Have a great Sunday. It's beautiful here.

Susan:)

Tina
10-15-2001, 10:45 AM
Happy Monday morning!

Susan, I'm so glad you're okay. I saw the weather map and wondered about you. 5 cats and a dog in the bathroom--how on earth did you get all the cats to go in there? Mine runs and gets under the bed when he's scared. I have a devil of a time getting him out. :)

Okay group, I think we all need a kick in the behind to get us going. It's several days until weigh in & we can do this .
:dizzy:

everyone have a good one.

Dee, we're all pulling for you to make your Halloween goal!

Tina

Tammy
10-16-2001, 10:07 PM
Hi gang! I feel like I've been doing pretty good on the food for the past several days. Knock on wood!!! Hope it shows on the scales this week! I'll gladly "yo" down, as long as I don't "yo" up.

Did I tell you guys that I have out-patient surgery on Thursday? I have a cyst in the corner of my left eye. The doctor is removing it Thurs. morning. I'll miss school that day, but should be back on Friday. I guess I'll be wearing a patch. Too bad it isn't closer to Halloween, I could be a pirate!

Take care all!!

Tina
10-16-2001, 11:18 PM
Tammy---No girl, you did not tell us you were having surgery on Thursday. Shame on you!!!!
Seriously, I hope it all goes well. Be sure and let us know that you are okay and everything is all right.

I don't plan on weighing in this time. I know, I'm chicken.

auntie
10-17-2001, 05:38 PM
Hey Ladies,

How is everyone doing?

Tammy, I'm sorry that you have to have surgery. Let us know how it goes. We'll be thinking about you. :)

Tina, you should have seen me... I would grab a cat & throw them in the bathroom, closed the door. Then I would go after the next one or two. Glad it was all over. I called Pat and talked to him on the phone until I got calm. What a great guy!! :D

Sorry I've been a stranger but by the time I get home from school I don't want to look at a computer. I'll try and get better.

Have a good one!!

Susan

Tina
10-17-2001, 11:52 PM
Evening!

Tammy, I hope your surgery went okay today.

Susan, I can imagine you getting one cat at a time. That's a funny picture!
I took our kitty for his annual today. He has a little tiny cyst that she drained. It didn't have any cancerous cells in it. She (dr.) told me to watch it for 2 months. If it grows, she'll remove it. Hopefully, everything will be all right.
I will be a basket case when this cat passes away. Y'all will have to come take care of me then.....seriously!

Good luck to everyone that's weighing in tomorrow.

Sis, good luck to you.

Dee, are you going to weigh this time?

Laura & Linda----where are you gals?
Maureen are you still reading?

Tina

Tammy
10-18-2001, 09:20 PM
Hi gang! I survived the surgery. I have 3 stitches and have to see him again in 2 weeks. I did cause a little bit of excitement though. (naturally!!)

When I went in, I was very nervous. My BP was about 170/90. It came down to 165/90 right before the surgery. The doctor just numbed the area around the cyst, didn't put me under. I heard everything that was going on and could SEE things that I didn't want to (needle, scissors, etc), and I could smell the skin when he used a thing to burn it. Ick.

After it was over, they sat me up in the chair. I felt awful! Everything got black and I thought I was going to be sick. They took my BP and it was down to 60/40, pulse was 42! I scared everyone!

The doctor started reading through my chart real fast to see what kind of meds I'm on. They thought that I was having an allergic reaction to something that they used.

I think it was lack of food, laying backwards in the chair for so long, and sitting up too fast. Just call me Dr. Tammy!!

They put me down again, and brought me up gradually for the next 25-30 minutes. In the mean time, I was sipping 7-Up and orange juice. Kept taking my BP every 5 minutes.

They finally let me go when my BP was 130/85 which is about normal for me. They made me ride in a wheelchair to the car though, just in case!

The nurse that was with me had graduated from HS with my brother. Her older brother graduated with me. That was comforting having her with me. Bob was also in the room.

Enough of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tina
10-19-2001, 11:47 AM
WOW Tammy, What a scare!!!!!:eek:
We're glad you are okay.

It's such a great Friday! Everyone have a super OP day.

Tina