WW Clubs and Groups - ~night Owls 21~

View Full Version : ~night Owls 21~

PJ
09-19-2001, 07:44 PM
It was time for thread #21. Please read page #2 of thread #20 so you don't miss anything.

Brenda - Awwww, what an awesome B'day cake. I just realized I didn't even HAVE one......:( I can't believe you're in the 170's AGAIN!!!!!! That's wonderful.....you must look like that picture you sent me when you were standing in front of your fireplace and beenie babies. ;) You hot Mama you!

My knee is doing well. The right hole/incision keeps re-opening a little every time I do my physical Therapy but I'm told that's to be expected.

On a sadder note.....I guess. Missy is NOT pregnant. She must have miscarried which is natures way so I have no control over it. The vet will be out to check on her tomorrow. It's sad but I also know everything happens for a reason. Anyway, she's soooo maternal with the other pregnant mare. This will be her first foal and she has no idea what's happening to her but Missy does. She senses it. It's so sweet to watch but I'm hoping she doesn't "steal" the baby away. Mares do that sometimes. On the other hand, if "Flame" rejects the foal...which just might happen since it's her first......it would be a good thing if Missy could take over. We'll just have to wait and see. All I DO know is that I'm getting Li'l Billy his own horse. There's a really nice Dunny that looks like a Palamino but it's not. Really light brown eyes too, really, really gentle and an awesome WESTERN PLESURE horse. Only 8 yrs. old and perfect for Billy. Same size as Missy but he'll have her for years to come....now to negotiate the price and Billy will have a nice surprise on Christmas Morning. :D

So far today, I had a bagel with about one TBSP of Crm. Cheese and I JUST finished some chicken and broccolli. (sp?)......I'm getting ready to have my nightly glass of milk and then a huge cup...er......JUG of tea and then I'm off to the barn to tuck in the horses. I was told I CAN ride now......walking only.......yeah, yeah....we'll see how I feel. I'm not being bad.....just know my body....besides.....I can sit to her trot very easily. Can't wait for tomorrow to come.

I'm trying to stay OP best I can but I can't say I've been as good as I should be. I DID however QUITE SMOKING for my B'day. I'm 43 now and it's time. I suppose I'll be a raving lunatic for the rest of the week but atleast my lungs will START to clear up.

Hope you all have a good night.
Hugs,
~Pamela~

P.S. - I LOVE all the images everyone is posting. Really beautiful and creative.

MichelleK
09-20-2001, 10:54 AM
Good morning everyone!

Its good to see more people posting again!

PJ....HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY GIRL!! Good for you for quitting smoking! Your lungs will appreciate it....and so will your KIDS! I am trying to convince John to quit smoking...in time I guess!

Setina---glad to see you posting again! Its the thought that counts...you seem to be doing alot already!

I haven't had a great week food wise...but will get back on track again! I am determined to get this weight off again!

Well I gotta get to work...will catch you all later! Hey btw, has anyone kept in touch with Elaine? Where has she been?

Michelle

PJ
09-20-2001, 12:32 PM
Michelle - Thanks for the B'day wishes and nope.....haven't seen or heard from Elaine in ages. I think she's moved on to another group that gave her more support.

Well, two more days until the first day of FALL!!!!!!!! Are you all ready for the beginning of the HOLIDAYS?????? Yippeeeeeeeeee.

PJ
09-20-2001, 09:30 PM
This has absolutely nothing to do with Ww but I just HAD to share it with you because I'm STILL laughing

New Vocabulary Words

1) Arachnoleptic fit (n.) The frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked through a spider web.

2) Beelzebug (n.) Satan in the form of a mosquito that gets into your bedroom at 3 in the morning and cannot be cast out.

3) Bozone (n.) The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

4) Cashtration (n.) The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period.

5) Dopelar effect (n.) The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when you come at them rapidly.

6) Extraterrestaurant (n.) An eating place where you feel you've been abducted and experimented upon. Also known as an E-T-ry.

7) Foreploy (n.) Any misrepresentation or outright lie about yourself that leads to sex.

8) Intaxication (n.) Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.

9) Kinstirpation (n.) A painful inability to move relatives who come to visit.

Ally-oop
09-20-2001, 11:56 PM
PJ--

WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!
:(

I miss summer already!! I'm not READY for it to be fall yet.
I hate that when I wake in the morning, that I'm COLD!! I hate cold. I should move, but I couldn't stand to be far away from my family.....I wanna steal your Florida weather! :lol:

Ally

jennielou
09-21-2001, 12:22 AM
hey guys i hope everyone is doing okay.

i haven't posted in a couple of days things has been rough here. my dad is getting worse day by day and today he went back to the hospital and they've kept him overnight. they drained his right lung again and this time it was over 2 liters that they drained from it they also put a drainage tube in his lung where he can drain it at home and be more comfortable. it's been so hard on all of us right now and it's not going to be easier anytime soon. he's going down so fast now it's all most like being on a rollercoaster ride in a way.

on a happier note not that i feel like celebrating i lost 3.4 lbs this week for a total of 77 op and 15 on my own for a grand total of 92 lbs so far i still have 42.6 to go woohoo. i also got my 75 lbs magnet this week.

hope everyone's weeks been better than mine talk to you soon

Candicej
09-21-2001, 04:48 AM
I'm here but feelin' kinda blue cause I can't do anything!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to keep busy physically and get things accomplished to keep my mental status normal...I know PJ...I'm not normal! never was!!!!!!!!!! Physical Therapy wears me out and hurts too! Oh, I fell in the garage too and hurt my right hand and arm! ( Walked into a spider web and did PJ's dance!):lol: So hard to click my mouse my upper body is getting so weak...I just hate this!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one understands! (could use some sympathy here!) :^:

We did have a good time with the boys home for DH's 50th last Saturday. I stayed op but had banked points to use up on cake and icecream!!!!!!!!!!! I'm craving carbs so I know I'm getting depressed about not being able to get anything done!

Anyone know how the mail is running I have some film to send to Seattle but don't want it to get lost with all this airport stuff! I'm still in shock at all this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not feeling any anger yet but sad....I hear this is normal too!

Still can't type much...........:mad: :( :mad:

Candicej
09-21-2001, 05:04 AM
PJ........HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jennielou
09-23-2001, 10:46 AM
hey owls,

where is everyone?

well yesterday we had family come in from all over to see daddy, some of them i hadn't seen in years.
it was a sad but a good day. it was good because almost all of his cousins was there but 2 and all of his brothers and sisters and aunts and uncles that are left showed up. it will more than likely be the last get together before.... so knowing that it made it sad he had a pretty good day didn't feel real good but he was happy so that made it a good day for us.
i'm going back to work tonight and in the morning i'll go out to momma and daddy's to sit with him where momma and michelle (my sis) can work without having to worry about him being by himself. momma has to make him a dr's appt. so they can some how seal the tumor where it's not pouring fluid like it is now. how they'll do that i don't know. so maybe that will make him more comfortable.
i want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers it really means alot to me and my family
i did however go totally off program yesterday and you should've seen the looks i got from my daddy he didn't say anything but i'm on track so far today if i don't get back op he'll be fussing at me.
well i'm still tired (probably the new medicine the dr put me on friday)so i'm fixing to go back to bed.
talk to you owls later hope you have a good day

PJ
09-23-2001, 11:10 AM
Thanks Candice - STILL didn't get my Birthday cake. A REAL one, that is. maybe tonight.
;)

Jen - I feel so lost as to what to say to you right now. I CAN understand the pain you feel right now.....especially with everything else that's going on in this world but nothing is more important than what is going on with your family right now. Alot of people don't understand that. When it's happening to YOU.....it's the worse thing in the world. All I can do is offer you my prayers and support on here. I pray for you and your family to keep your faith strong and to stick together. Your Mother is going to need support from you and you from her. If it helps at all....I'm here for you too.

Ally - Have you seen my picturetrail page from the rodeo? I've got a few pictures of the broncs. Since you posted the pictue of one....I thought you might get a kick out of seeing many......:lol: they actually came out pretty good and some of them are really funny. Let me know if you saw them or not and if you want...I'll send the url.......and yes dear, it's Fall. Even here in Florida we're seeing the cooler weather. :cool: Now THIS is the weather we live here for. It pretty much stays like this for the next 7 months except for the coldest months, which are Jan. and Feb. It actually gets into the 30's at times. I LOVE the Fall and usually fly up north to get my "Fall Fix" with the leaves. Don't know if I want to fly yet so I'll wait and see if I get up the nerve.

Still haven't had a "butt" since my B'day (Sept. 18th). That makes it officially FIVE days of being a non-smoker. Boy am I coughing alot too.......must be my body getting rid of all the "garbage".

I'm out of here..........just finishing up my coffee......going to check out the chat room and then I'm off to the barn. "See" you all later. Have a WONDERFUL Sunday.
Hugs to you all,
~Pamela~

Linda Jean
09-23-2001, 05:09 PM
Hi, there, ladies -- I have been talking to Brenda about the waving American flag she and others have had as their avatars. I thought it was so beautiful and asked her how to do it, warning her that I am exceedingly computer illiterate.

I did get the avitar under my name, but the flag is not waving, and I wonder if anyone could help me figure out how to do it? I had originally saved it in "my documents," but there was only one choice of file and that was btmp., which didn't transfer it right. She suggested that I save it as a gif. file, so I put the flag into a program I have which handles pictures and so on (Dell Picture Studio). There, I saw that gif. was not a choice either, so I saved it to jpg. I did get it to appear this time, but I see that the flag is still. Brenda has gone (or come, as we are only 30 miles from Anaheim) to Disneyland and she suggested I ask someone on your thread. Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it, and appreciate your patience while the instructions break through the thick walls of my cranium.... :)

P.S. -- happy belated birthday, PJ and to Jen, I am very sorry about your Dad's illness. May God bless your family.

Candicej
09-24-2001, 04:57 AM
Pj great job on the nor butts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Bren cancelled her trip to Disney World??????????

Hi Linda Jean....I'm computer illiterate too so I can't help you out ... maybe Pj can!

Candicej
09-24-2001, 05:00 AM
Just wanted to se if this worked!

Linda Jean
09-24-2001, 07:41 PM
Hi, Candice, thank you for your reply. Even though you say that you are "computer illiterate" also, I appreciated your responding to my question about the flag. Brenda had suggested originally that I ask PJ, because she said she knows a lot. From the looks of this thread, however, it looks like all of you Night Owls know a lot about putting the avitars in, as well as adding graphics to the body of your replies. I am impressed!

PJ
09-25-2001, 11:09 AM
Linda - You can use the flag that Candice put up. Just right click and COPY.....then go to your profile where you originally put your avatar (flag) and PASTE. It should work just fine.

Today makes day number SEVEN that I've been smoke free. It hasn't been hard but then I haven't had company over and sat out on the patio with a glass of wine yet either. That's my major down fall with the butts......sociallizing and smoking out on the patio or wherever. AAAGGHH......but I'm hanging in there.

Jen - How is your Father today?

Candice - How are your flowers and gardening going? I'm going to put in red white and ????? impatiens today......will have to see what color they have to replace the blue....maybe a dark purple of SOMETHING. Anyway, doing really well OP the past few days and getting my exercise and water in too. What's up with me these days.....;) it's not LIKE me.......

I'm outta here...have a great day OP and DRINK THAT WATER!!!

PJ
09-25-2001, 06:26 PM
testing

Hey Linda......I made a boo-boo.....don't COPY and PASTE......Just RIGHT CLICK the waving flag image and left click SAVE AS ...and save it to your DESKTOP.......in the BROWSE section on your post.....go to your desk top and double click it and that should do it.....atleast that's what I just did. :D

jennielou
09-25-2001, 11:03 PM
hey owls

pj- daddy is actually having a pretty week friday they are going to do some kind of procedure to him to scar the 2 layes around the lung together to keep it from "weeping" building up fluid in his right lung so bad. sounds painful huh.

well for the bad news i didn't go to weigh in today for the first time since joining and YES i do feel guilty (as h--l) but i AM going on thursday before work i don't really think i've gained though today my rings were REALLY loose. i even got my pinkie ring on the finger where i wear my wedding rings so that is a good sign

i don't know how the weather is where all of you are at but it's COLD here and i hate cold weather.
BBBBBRRRRRRR!!!!!

hope all of you other owls are doing good
talk to you soon

Candicej
09-27-2001, 05:43 AM
Pj..You are doing so good, I just love impatients as you can see below:) I had 15 extra points banked so I treated myself to two small candy bars(three musketeers) I keep them in the freezer and forget they are there untill I want something sweet only 3pts! I am still maintaining but I haven't upped my points yet. So afraid to...I am at 23 and don't count my exercise points, never have though.

jennie..cold here too but I like it, walking is nice now, but the farmers are in the fields and the stuff is flying...achoo!!!!!!! Hope this procedure works for your dad!!!!!!! Hang in there kid!

My arm is still bad and Dh did let me get a girl to help me clean every two weeks so that helps but we worked for 5 hours Tuesday and I way over did..I know she is supposed to do it but I just have to help! She did the heavy stuff but anything hurts my arm.

Time to pull my annuals and trim stuff back but I can't do it right now!!!!!!!! Did get some fall decorations outside...At least it looks like someone lives here!:lol:

PJ
09-27-2001, 06:51 AM
Ok girls.......COME OUT, COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!
Tara, Setina, Ally, Michelle, Judy?????

Just popping in to say I'M STILL NOT SMOKING!!!!!!. It's getting easier because I feel much better but I've also BEEN THERE DONE THAT with quitting before and it's very easy to slip. So, Ill just keep plugging along....doing what I'm doing and trying my best. I just NOW blew ALOT of points. I had about 8 pecan sandies (cookies). AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!! That's what I get for waking up so early. I'm going back to bed!:mad:

Hopefully I can make up for it today by doing some exercise and having mostly veggies, salad and water. Geeeeez Pam........WHY DO I SABOTAGE MYSELF LIKE THIS !!!!!!!!!

Tara
09-27-2001, 11:40 AM
I am here!

Been mostly lurking - just been busy - you all know the drill!

Its finally getting chilly here in boston - which I like. Fall is my favorite season!!

Candice - You grow the nicest flowers!! Thanks for sharing your pics - I love them - I am jealous!

PJ - How is Missy today? Good job with the no smoking - KEEP IT UP!! In the long run its better for ya (I know you know that).

Well I have to run - work is busy - just wanted to stop by!

Tara :D

MichelleK
09-27-2001, 01:06 PM
Hi everyone!
:wave: :wave:

farmbabe
09-27-2001, 03:59 PM
Just want to say that to you! I've quit now for just about 2 years.(Nov.) Hey, just a tip though. Keep busy and watching what you eat.I KNOW you keep busy
(20 lbs. snuck on me pretty fast and I've got 12 of those off but it's been slow goin') Keep it up!!:cool:

PJ
09-27-2001, 11:45 PM
Hi Jill and Michelle - Nice to know you're still with us. Heh-heh. I've missed your posts. I know this has been a hard time for us all but I have to tell you that it's helped me tremendously to come here and "vent"......not much lately about WW but venting nonetheless. It really does help when we are ALL here and posting.....even if it's just to say hi like Michelle did. Please stay in touch. I was talking to Brenda the other day and I realized it's been FOUR years since she started the NIGHT OWLS. Boy do I remember some trying times with the different servers and blah, blah, blah but it was all worth it.

I'd just like to say that it DOES help me so maybe it will help you all too. It gets my mind off the news sometimes and sometimes not. Either way, I'm always happier when I sign off for the night after "meeting" you all here. Hope you all have sweet dreams and a great night.
Hugs,
~Pamela~

Ally-oop
09-28-2001, 01:04 PM
Hello everyone! I haven't been getting on the computer as much lately because I'm trying to get my house ORGANIZED! (did I say that???.....not me!) Well, working on it little by little anyway. With Ryan in school all day, it just seems like I've taken on all these little projects, along with spending time with Ethan, until it's time to go pick him up. Then I get ready for work. Ugh! Last night, this little single-no other responsibility-living with mom co worker chick had this comment after I mentioned that I was tired: "Didn't you just get here?" SAY WHAT?!?! I think my eyeballs would have shot knives at her if they could! I told her that the animal hospital isn't the ONLY thing I do all day and whether I just arrived at my place of employment or not has nothing to do with how tired I could be!! The work ethic of these younger (and I make myself sound old for saying this, I know) gals just kills me. They don't take initiative to do ANYTHING on their own. Must be TOLD to do EVERYTHING, even if it's smacking them in the face that something needs to be done. One of them has the nerve to look at a MAGAZINE while our boss is right there!! Times, they are a-changin'.......ok, I'm off my soapbox now.

Anyway, at weigh in last week, my total loss now is 59.8#!!! I weigh in tonight, so keep your fingers crossed. I got myself a weight loss present. Nothing "horsey" this time! (what? is she SICK?? :lol: ) A Longaberger basket that is the most beautiful of the bunch and I got a GREAT deal on it on Ebay. Yes, I'm still going ebay nuts. Buying and selling.....now DH is getting into it. Maybe this will inspire him to get rid of some stuff he has been "collecting" for YEARS. Would help me with my organization efforts.

Well, back to my closests.....I hate this!
Talk soon!
Ally

PJ
09-28-2001, 04:04 PM
Wow Ally - You are doing awesome with your weight loss!!!!!!! You must feel wonderful! You deserve to treat yourself to that basket......:D
Keep up the great, great work and don't let the little youngins....heh-heh....get to you. Remember, what goes around, comes around. SO TRUE! You just keep doing what you're doing and be yourself. The trivial high school girl stuff is for the birds.....especially THESE DAYS! NOW who's sounding like an old fart???!!!!:lol:
Have a good one.
~Pamela~

Candicej
09-29-2001, 04:23 AM
Well.I'm gonna see an orthopedic doc on the 9th and see what he says..if it just needs rest or more therapy or something else! I hate to go to new docs though...so much paper work to fill out and the opinion they have of you with Fibro is a hypocondriac which my over all Fibro is better than it has been in years and my arm really is somthing else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:mad::(

My one Big Gold Fish is sick... so he is on antibiotics again..he is hiding in the corner with fin clamp, laying on the bottom of the tank and not eating well.

So cold here... I walked today and wasn't dressed warm enough so I'm kinda achey all over! My shins hurt too! The dog likes the cooler weather! I just had a hot cup of green tea with honey in it..supposed to be relaxing...well it's not working!

My buddies...today the dog licked my black cat all over his face and he let her do it! Ususally he runs from the dog! It was so cute!

Ally....so tell me more about the ebay stuff????????????:?: How does this work, I have junk to get rid of too! Great weight loss too!

Pj..your a good girl!:) For not smoking not eating the cookies!LOL Yum..I love pecan sandies my favorite..wre they home made?????????????? I want some........Oh my....
Hi Jill and Michelle and Tara!

PJ
09-29-2001, 10:26 AM
Good Morning - Well, it's raining out again but it's still a better day than yesterday.....so far.

My van went off the wet road yesterday and I landed in the lake next to where I usually turn off to the barn exit. It was really awful! The front started to go down so fast so I ran to the back but the doors wouldn't open....by then, the entire front was under water and none of the electric locks would work. Thank God I had kept the windows 1/4 of the way open. I had to swim under water to get out of the window and my sneakers were weighing me down. I know....I should have, could have, would have taken them off but all I could think of was "are there any gators in this lake?" .....so I swam as fast and hard as I could to get to the bank. I must have looked like a lunatic walking around in circles ....crying...looking at the van going down. There was a man standing at the corner of the property who saw the whole thing and he ran to the house to get help. The owner then called Bill who was home with Li'l Billy and Jackie. He gets home at noon on Fridays. Anyway, that's it......I don't want to talk about it anymore.........I'm fine......a little achy and I'm going back to bed. Had alot of bad dreams last night.
Have a good day everyone.
~Pamela~

Punky
09-29-2001, 11:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to apologize. I work in a government contracting place and I was told to tell everyone that I was not going to Disney for Safety reasons. Would you believe that they actually printed the name of my company in the newspaper as a government contracting company along with all the other government places around here, nothing like making us a target. Actually we were not sure we were going to go anyway because of the problems my sister and her husband have had. We did go and had a wonderful time. My sister has told us she is moving out of their house when we get back though, they will be getting a divorce. I am very sad about that.

We had a wonderful time at disney and just got back tonight. My favorite park was universal studios islands of adventure. I got down there late Saturday night and Called PJ on Sunday night, I felt bad telling you guys I was not going when I was. I was hoping to meet with PJ and we did try but as you know she had a very bad week. I am just glad she is okay, she is a good friend. I can't do individual posts or even read to see what has been happening. I am going to bed now, I am bushed. I hope you all understand why I had to fib to you.

Love
Brenda

Ally-oop
09-30-2001, 03:06 PM
OMG!!! PJ!!! I'm SOOOOOOOOO glad you are OK!! That truly IS a nightmare! I can't even put into words how shocking that is!! Thank God was watching over you!

Hey Brenda! NO sweat! Not offended in the least. Especially if it was for safety reasons, my gosh!

Hey Candice! What do you want to know about ebay? Very easy! The instructions are simple and all you have to do is fill in the blanks, basically. Some people get really fancy with HTML, but all I do is add photos.

Hey all you other Owls! Hope your weekend is going well.
Ally

Candicej
10-01-2001, 04:59 AM
Oh... my gosh PJ....that is one of my worst fears!!!!!!!!!! Do you have a center puch you keep in your glove box to break the windows???? I keep planning to get one, saw it on TV. So Glad you are ok! Did they pull the van out yet????????

Hi Bren...can't believe you told us a fib! :lol: I'll le you off this time!

Ally...do you put up pictures of everything you sell???? And...how do they know if stuff really works(if you put up stuff that needs to work) My kids have sold stuff on there before, nientendo stuff, but they don't tell me how you do it! I'll have to go check it out when I get some spare time.

My Fish is still so sick I feel so bad for him! I'm not sure he will make it! Boo Hoo!:(:cry: :cry: :(

This is what I feel like doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jennielou
10-01-2001, 09:41 AM
morning owls,

i really need some help or a swift kick in the a-s i feel as though i've lost all of my motivation here lately. i always have every intention of staying op all day then some where i lose it.:mad:
maybe it's stress or my new depression medicine :?:
i told dh i was going to have them change the med's again because it's given me the munchies:( and i DON'T like that. i've also started having bad headaches too.

this weekend was kind of rough w/daddy. the procedure that they done on him friday made him awful sick. me and dh and ds wasn't there 5 minutes when it hit him friday afternoon. it was awful he told us it scared him and in 31 yrs i don't think that i've ever heard my daddy say that something scared him. he was a little better saturday he slept about all day but he got sick again (not as bad) that afternoon. the people from his church came friday night to pray for him and that DID help him alot.
kind of sad though he'd had a GOOD week until friday afternoon.
please keep remembering us in your prayers they really mean alot to me. and THANK YOU OWLS for letting me come here to talk about all that's going on in my life it really helps me alot.

PJ--hope that your ok from your wreck. that was awful. hope you received good news about your daddy.

hi all other owls.
candacej don't feel bad about your fish i had one and it drowned:lol: really it did

we don't know for sure but i found out that they tested my dh's grandmother for colin cancer last wed. (when it rains it pours here)

jennielou
10-01-2001, 07:05 PM
:?: uh guys who's gbo :?: i've never heard of them before have you?

well gotta get ready for work.

i've been SUPER op all day do a little jig for me

PJ
10-01-2001, 10:49 PM
Hello!!! - Oh Brenda.......I'm sooo disapointed we didn't get to meet. I think it just wasn't in our cards this time. I'll have to use some frequent flier miles and come up north to get a "snow fix" around the Holidays and visit you. Yes!!!! I'm inviting myself. :D I'm happy you had a great time at Disney. Pretty hard NOT to...isn't it? Even if your sister and b.i.l. weren't getting along.....I'm sure even THEY had fun. Hope you took lots of pictures. Scan 'em and post 'em. I'm dying to see them all!!!!

I still don't think the magnitude of what could have happened a couple of days ago has hit me just yet......Atleast not totally. I've had a few tiny anxiety attacks but mostly when I drive past the lake. I have to pass it every day to get to the horses. Sometimes I'll think about it and freak out.....and at other times I totally block it out....so much that I can't remember how it all happened. I'm just grateful my kids weren't with me. Jackie didn't want to go to the barn with me because it was raining and I'm so glad.........who knows if she would have been traumatized or not. I'm sure it would have had SOME type of effect on her though...let alone my trying to get her out and then myself. AAAGGHHH. Can't think about it anymore.

Jen - Actually, I haven't heard from him yet. They were still waiting for the results from the biopsy. I'll be seeing or talking to him tomorrow. I WILL keep your Daddy in my prayers. It must be very frightening for him at times. That's when your Faith really needs to come into the picture. Just keep your Faith. ;)

Candice and Ally - Thanks.....but I'm getting over it slowly but surely. I think everything happens for a reason and what this reason is...... I don't know yet. Thanks for your concern. I'm fine. Well......kind of.......:lol:

I have NOT been OP in a few days. I've been going without ANYTHING to eat all day and then I have dinner. I WAS having my biggest meal for lunch but I've been so upside down with everything lately that I'm just way off whack. I've really got to pull myself together and get back on track with the house, myself, my physical therapy (which I've missed two times in a row now) and just "SNAP OUT OF IT". Whatever "IT" is.
So......here's to all of you and myself included .....having sweet dreams tonight and waking up tomorrow to a WONDERFUL day! Sound Good???? GOOD !!!!!!! "See" ya tomorrow.
Hugs to you all,
~Pamela~

PJ
10-01-2001, 11:09 PM
Jen - gbo is 3fc nickname for a woman by the name of Pam. If you click on her profile, you'll be able to see her bio. Actually, I think it's a great idea. I was one of the first hundred or so to join this site a few years ago and it has grown in leaps and bounds. Personally....I think the idea of sending $1.00 per month is a great idea. I know it's been a very big financial burden on the 3fc and that is why they now have the "ads" on here. It is very expensive to run this site. So....if you can.....whenever you can.....send a buck or two or whatever. Pam sounds like a good person. I think her idea is a good one and I'm going to send a check for $5.00 tomorrow to cover a couple of months.
Anyway, is looks like she's a new member and read Suzanne's plea for financial help from all of us. Obviously, this forum helps her immensely.....just as it does many of us (including myself). So, let's help the 3fc out and send in a buck per person. What do you all think? And thanks Pam for the great idea.
Hugs and Sweet Dreams to all my Owl buds,
~Pamela~

jet 9217
10-03-2001, 12:58 AM
Hi everyone !
I'm new on the WW nightowl group. Love it !:lol: I've read most of the posts and they are so good ! I'm new and I don't know how to put on all those cute add on's but I am very impressed.

I am having some rough times right now with my food program. I could eat the legs off the table right now, but I am trying very hard to get in bed and not think about food tonight. I was doing great, until about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I don't want to weigh in. :mad:
I am still doing some exercise. Walking and Water arobics. That keeps me mentally up. I have lost my focus though on the food intake ! Or rather my focus has become to clear and I eat everything in sight ! ;) I was writing everything down, and I stopped, and I was drinking water all the time, and for now I've not been doing that. I was off sweets, and now I am eating them. This is one battle I want to win, but right now I am not doing anything right ! :dizzy:

This site is special -- Candicej -- love your straight forward posts.
Dealing with health issues and this is not fun ! I know I want the loss. ( I have 100 lbs + to take off ) And the doing it is a everyday job. No matter how I am feeling personally.
There are very down days :( Some really awful days :cry:
Then there are times you manage and you see progress and you begin to hope again...:cool:

PJ thanks for all your words. It is very helpful ! :)

As I read more, and keep up with all of you. I'm sure I will become acquainted and enjoy all the input.

Some seem to love 'Disney' as much as my family. We are going this month. Can't wait ! One week - and I am ready !

Hope you all have a good evening.
Angel Girl :angel:

jennielou
10-03-2001, 05:29 PM
hey all you owls hope you're all doing fine.

welcome angel girl nice to meet you
i know exactly how you feel about getting off track i've been off track alot here lately. last week i gained 1.6 but this week i lost 2lbs maybe one day i'll get to that hundred mark some days it feels like 2 steps forward and 10 steps back.
i am staying op so far this week though i'll be going out to stay w/daddy tomorrow and it's always harder when i'm there too much temptation hehe some times i'm ok but then there's times i'm cooking and daddy will say "put some of that pepper bacon in that" so then i don't have a clue to how many pts are in what i'm fixing to eat.

talk to all you owls friday won't be around tomorrow

PJ
10-03-2001, 11:55 PM
Hey Jen - Just wanted to say I think you're a wonderful daughter. Have an awesome day tomorrow and give your Daddy a hug from all of us Owls.
~Pamela~

Candicej
10-04-2001, 03:17 AM
The fish is better I think..he isn't laying on the bottom anymore and responds when I tap his tank but he is not out of the woods yet and the tank is not all the way full yet either. The poor thing would just drop to the bottom like a rock..so sad to see him struggle like that!

Leaves are just starting to change here and I don't have any film. We are supposed to get a freeze here Sat. and I don't have my plants brought in and I can't carry them so if they freeze they freeze! I can't worry about them...(you know I will) just is my nature!

Jeni..thinking of you:)

PJ..I'm still tramatized by your accident! :eek:

Jet..welcome to a fun bunch of food lovin' gals!:lol:

Well my arm is hurting so I better go! Hi everyone :wave:

Here is the corn crop which is no longer there! A storm is brewing..this was taken in August!

Ally-oop
10-04-2001, 04:22 PM
Hey everybody! Just wanted to peek in and say hi! I have to get off the 'puter for right now. (Welcome to some new NightOwl posters, too!)

To add to the mix of everyone with their own or someone love's health problems, we just found out that my father-in-law has pancreatic cancer. Some of us had a feeling that was what it was, and it was confirmed Tues. My in-laws are going to the oncologist today to discuss it, find out how progressed it is, and what his options are. Unfortunately, pancreatic cancer is very nasty and hard to diagnose. Usually once it's diagnosed, it's not in early stages and the prognosis is not good and only short term. :cry: I can't even "feel out" my DH about his feelings about it. Even though he learned all about it on the internet, etc, it almost seems like he doesn't realize that his dad is not going to be with us for very long. He seems very detached, lacking emotion about it so far, so all I can do for now is just be there for him when he's ready to. We saw his dad on Sunday and he's VERY thin and tired. I can't believe this. It's especially sad when I think about the grandchildren that won't have Pop-Pop there anymore.
I must go for now....getting emotional.
Ally

jennielou
10-04-2001, 10:50 PM
ally
so sorry to hear about your fil maybe the way your dh is acting is his way of coming to terms w/his father's illness God knows we all have to come to terms with it in our own ways. give him a little time and i'm sure that he'll talk about how he's feeling. most men aren't as emotional as we can be i still cry about 2 or 3 times a week about my dad.
we are waiting to hear if my dh's grandmother has colon cancer she was tested last week.
such a nasty and painful disease not only for the one's we love to have but for us also.
i'll keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

PJ
10-06-2001, 09:50 AM
Ally - That's a big DITTO for me! My heart and prayers go out to you and your entire family. Let's just try to keep our hopes up that it's NOT as bad as you think. Until then, I'll add another candle to my growing collection that I keep burning on my dresser in my room. My heart goes out to all of you with loved ones having health problems. I know it's hard. Very hard.
Hugs to you all,
~Pamela~

jennielou
10-06-2001, 06:14 PM
just thought that i'd let all of you owls know that my dh's grandmother DOESN'T have colon cancer WHEW that was a relief

plus even though i probably ate 100 pts thursday i've stayed op the rest of this week I REALLY did
so maybe i'll maintain and not gain i still have 3 more days in this week so keep your fingers crossed. i ALSO filled my journal out for tomorrow. so i already know what i'll have for all day.;)

well gotta get ready for work
have a good night owls

Candicej
10-07-2001, 04:23 AM
My heart goes out to all of you gals with sick loved ones!

Leaves are starting to change in this neck of the woods too! So pretty...........Took some pics but it will be ahile before they are developed. I sent off my other pictures over a week ago and they have not arrived yet(go to Seattle) and I hope they are not lost...the ones of my boys for Christmas cards are on there! :eek:

The Fish is so so....but I don't know what else to do for him. :(

My good arm is hurting bad now and I have it wrapped too so I am handless. Typing with my toes! I see the orthopedist on Tuesday and I have to drive myself..that should be cute driving with my toes! :lol:

PJ
10-07-2001, 11:56 PM
I have NOT tracked for a few days now and it's totally thrown me off whack

I don't feel like I've gained anything but tomorrow is Monday and that's the day I weigh myself each week at home. :( I don't think I'm going to be a happy WW but then it IS the beginning of a new week and I've maintained for a while sooooooo......time to get my butt into gear again. Also, I just had some WOOOOONDERFUL Pecan sandies cookies. My favorites. Just had to have them (3). I'll have to look at my sliding chart to see how many points they were. I don't think I would have gone over if I didn't have the dilicious peice of chicken skin on my breast (the piece of chicken, that is......:o )
Soooo, I had to come here and confess. I also need to go to physical therapy badly for my knee tomorrow. It's really been bothering me and I don't know why. I'll find out tomorrow.
Anyway, I sure wish you owls in hiding would come out and say hi. I know the news of our bombing Afghanistan is devastating but like the President said "We're in this thing for the long haul and it's not going to be done overnight"......come on guys. We're the strongest country in the world and all of these terrorist attacks have GOT to be stopped and we're just the country (with some help) to do it. Let's not let the loss of life at the WTC, the Pentagon and Pa. go in vain. Have faith in our country and eachother. Stay strong and be PROUD OF WHO WE ALL ARE AND WHAT WE REPRESENT!
I love you guys,
~Pamela~