Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 10:16 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Wk of Oct. 9/06

Good morning everyone!

It's been crazy here--the Harvest Gala is coming around and we've been "finding" reservations. I'll be glad once Wednesday rolls around!

We had a wonderful weekend at my cousin's. Went out to dinner at Carraba's and we really enjoyed it. I know I probably ate more than what I should have. My cousin and I went out for an hour walk on Saturday so I did get some added exercise. The weather was perfect this weekend--clear and sunny! I hear though that change is in the air for later in the week and there's even talk of wet snow!

So how was everyone's weekend?
Old 10-09-2006, 12:30 PM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, thanks for getting the thread started. I was at Carabbas on Friday. Their food is so good, but it's a lot. Of course I ate it all.

I was pretty much OP last week till the weekend rolled around. We had our cast party on Sunday and I really overdid it (sigh).

The play is going well. Audiences have been very complimentary. So, I was talking about aaah, a break when the show closes. Guess what? I was asked to take a part (smaller) in The Gifts of the Magi, a musical. I told the director that I had a conflict on one of the performance dates and he said, no problem, there is another woman who has some conflicts, so we will split the role! Sounds interesting.

Did the 5K walk for breast cancer on Saturday. Seeing those survivors just makes me want to cry. We had 4 women in our group alone! The goal for our area was $200K and they are at almost $300K.

I played some golf, too.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 10-12-2006, 01:30 PM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Gosh, where is everyone? The weather has been so nice here, less humidity. I've been trying to eat better.

My mom, dad, and sis are coming to town to see the play this weekend. DH is already complaining; he and my father don't get along well. It's not exactly that, it's my father's annoying habits.

Hope the rest of you are having fun.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:31 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Is everyone on vacation????

Lisa: It's always amazing to see how many survivors there are of breast cancer and sometimes they're people you would never even suspect! Today on the steps of our county courthouse there are pairs of women's shoes lined up symbolizing women who have been abused. It's a scary visual.

I survived the big gala with no major glitches--only had to move a couple of people because they did not get along with the people who were at their table. Overall the event went well. I had ordered the vegetarian lasagna and it was delicious! The noodles, which were very thin, were rolled and the filling had ricotta, broccoli, carrot and I think some yellow squash. It came with a side of steamed vegetables (yellow squash, carrots, broccoli). The meal was satisfying. I'll admit that I had a glass of wine and ate dessert and it was equally good.

I wasn't able to get to my regular meeting yesterday but did go to an early meeting--the WI was ugly, I was up 5# which I have absolutely no clue where that came from. Even with eating out over the weekend I didn't stuff myself. *sigh* I'm really getting tired of these gains. I'm walking more and the weight isn't coming off.

Hi to Pam, Susan, Lala, Julie, Liz! Hope you're all doing okay.
Closed Thread