Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 03:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Default Girls on Track - October

How's everyone doing? We need to keep posting here to keep each other on track! I don't know about everyone else, but it really helps me to see how everyone's doing on a daily basis, and it helps me stay on track when I know I'll be posting my progress here. Let's support each other!

I'm still sticking to the plan, both in terms of my eating and my exercise. I'm progressing with my exercise pretty steadily and I'm feeling stronger all the time. I know I need to do more strength training, so I plan to work on that more. I did an old exercise video called The Firm yesterday, and it kicked my butt! I'm really sore today, but I still got up this morning and did some jogging mixed in with my walk! Woohoo!

I had pizza last night -- a planned treat -- and I wanted to have two pieces but I just couldn't eat that much. I ate one and a half, and I still stayed within my target point range. I'm terrified that something will come up to ruin my motivation in terms of eating, and I think that might be called....the holidays! Eek!

Post, everyone! I miss you!
Old 10-09-2006, 10:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys, well so far October has been a struggle with exercise due to the back being out. Though i am doing physio and epidural injections. It also helps that I can't go out to eat or buy junk! I am doing great with staying op. Good luck to every one else. I think I have lost 5.6 in the last 2 weeks.

Old 10-10-2006, 08:04 PM   #3  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Lisa, glad you started a new thread. I was going to suggest it too and then I got to our thread and you already did it.

I managed to get to the gym last night and did 15 on the elliptical, 25 on the treadmill, 45 crunches and some stretching. Now if I can just keep that up, I'll be doing good. I haven't been half bad today with eating so I'm happy about that. I just have this wee little problem as of late. I keep getting horrible stomach aches off and on that go away when I drink milk. I'm thinking I have some little digestive issues going on. I was going to try taking prilosec or something for awhile and see what happens.

Back to the homework grind. Check back later.

chris
Old 10-11-2006, 04:13 PM   #4  

Hi Everyone,

I joined WW about 5 weeks ago. At my last weigh in (last Thursday) I was down 13.4 lbs. I'm excited about that. I think I blew it over the weekend (Thanksgiving for us Canadians) but I won't actually know until tomorrow.

I've been on these boards in the past and have found them to be a great source of support.

I look forward to hearing from everyone and good luck to all of you!
Old 10-11-2006, 07:31 PM   #5  
Focus on the Process

Hey Chantel...I've been on WW off and on for quite some time but I just can't stay motivated enough. I don't know how it is that a person wants something so bad, such as being thinner, and yet not feel like doing anything about it at times. I'm more off than on any more. If you have any motivational secrets..clue me in! I sure need some.

chris
Old 10-11-2006, 08:08 PM   #6  

Chris, motivation has always been really hit-or-miss with me. Either I'm on plan and I'm REALLY motivated, or I can't get it together at ALL. I wish I could find a middle ground. I've been really motivated since July 18 and I'm just hoping it lasts.

Chantal, you and I both have 73 pounds left to lose to reach our goals according to your signature ticker thingie -- let's do it together!
Old 10-11-2006, 09:07 PM   #7  
Doin' it & doin' it well!

S/C/G: 170/148.4/140

Talking Kicking Back Into Gear!

OK, gals, I'm back in the swing of things!! Welcome, Chantal! Good Luck! Sounds as if you're doing well already.
The big news - I'm an auntie (again)! The baby is so precious. Unfortunately I live in NC & they reside in SC. So needless to say, I'll be burning the road up more frequently. I tore up my diet for the 5 days that I was there (eating out was a must because I had to stay @ the hosp w/ my sister). Anyway, we'll see how the weigh in goes on Sunday morning.. I've been doing somewhat OK this week, but I have found myself craving a lot of mess that I shouldn't have (probably bcuz of the wagon fall off last wkend). I'm still motivated though and pushing through the hard times. I was so proud to see 150.8 last Sunday. I'll be happy if 150 just remains on the scale!! Being proud of the past weigh-ins are inspiring. All I can think of sometimes is "what about sunday morning? remember sunday morning!"...

Welcome again, Chantal. Speaking of "anything for motiviation", I was talking w/ a fellow church member that is on WW. We were talking about the "metabolism boost" that the core plan is supposed to give you. I've known flex-ers to really see a difference w/ one week of the core plan and then go back to the flex pts. I may try that in a couple of weeks to see some good results.. I'm claiming it!!

Last edited by Miss_Cretia; 11-27-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:37 PM   #8  
Focus on the Process

This is really pathetic to say but I was thinking about this today. I think I would be more inclined to lose weight if a doctor told me it was absolutely medical necessary or something like that. I don't HAVE to lose weight. I WANT to lose weight. That just doesn't have the same punch for me. Wanting to lose weight gives me a choice. If it was a matter of my health or some other negative consequence, it wouldn't be a choice to me anymore and I would do it. I certainly don't want things to get that far. I think that's my main problem. Losing weight is my choice and its a choice I haven't been serious about, hence the lack of motivation. Does this all make sense? It is more organized in my head. I can't seem to get it on paper. How bout if I said, I can lose weight if I want to. Its not a "have to".

Okay...now that I've confused then heck out of even myself, I think I will go back to doing my homework. I have cramps like you wouldn't believe and my back is ready to fall off...THANK YOU for the TOM!!! Sometimes is really bites to be a female.

chris
Old 10-13-2006, 08:50 AM   #9  

chrily - the stomach thing could be an ulcer, acid reflux, etc. You might want to get it checked out. My ex has acid reflux, but they found 3 ulcers when he finally went to the doc. He was told all this stuff not to eat.. one thing was peppermints. I had NO idea peppermints were not good for your stomach. Weird!

Also, about the not "having" to lose weight. I'm thinking of my weightloss as a have to even though I test in perfect health. I figure its only a matter of time before this catches up to me. My father just had one of his legs amputated due to complications with his diabetes. I don't want my kids to have to go through that with me in 20 years. I had already started trying to lose weight before that.. but that was the moment that I said "this isnt a choice anymore, this is a must" Sometimes you have to look at what an extra 20-30 even 100 pounds will mean years down the road. Even if thats a hard thing to look at sometimes. I know it is for me.

I made a list when I started WW of the reasons I want to lose weight. I take that list out and look at it now and then to remind myself of the reasoning I had when I started this program.

Last edited by teckeygirl; 10-13-2006 at 08:51 AM. Reason: to fix typo
Old 10-13-2006, 09:01 AM   #10  

Chrily, I've thought the same thing before, particularly when I wasn't as heavy as I was when I started this. At 275, I think I really "had" to lose weight. I was in good health, and I still am, but I'm on the road to Type 2 diabetes -- I know that for sure. My mom was just diagnosed with it and there's a history of it in my family. There hasn't been any other kind of family history of illness that I know of except in the last few years some family members did develop cancer. My husband is VERY healthy and I want to be with him as long as I possibly can. No one ever told me I HAVE to lose weight, but I know I need to.

Other than that, I figured that I HAVE to lose weight because doing it will give me a happier life. I'll be free of worry about how I look and how I'll find something to wear to this or that event and how to hide my stomach, and I won't be limited on things I can do. In that sense, to be the happiest person I can be, I do HAVE to lose weight. It has limited me for far too long. It limited me in my twenties and now I'm nearly halfway through my thirties. I refuse to lose another moment to being overweight. Yes, I know you can be happy and fat -- I've actually been VERY happy in my life, and very blessed -- but if I hadn't had this extra worry my life would have been even better.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:58 PM   #11  
Doin' it & doin' it well!

S/C/G: 170/148.4/140

Hey Chris, I know what you mean. I tell you though those rheumatological probs can be a killer!! So let your arthritis be your motivator. I know I can tell when an extra 5 lbs are on my knees. Let's let those types of prob motivate us to get these enemy pounds off!! It's amazing what a couple of lbs will do; in addt'n to just feeling better as we eat healthier. I'm really motivated to do right and the exercise just warms up my joints and makes me feel better all over (anyone hiring for a commercial?)

Last edited by Miss_Cretia; 11-27-2006 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:36 AM   #12  
Focus on the Process

Gina, My SIL just had her leg amputated 5 weeks ago. It was a complication of Type 1 Diabetes. She had charcot foot too so her bones were really brittle. Her ankle shattered and there was nothing left to put back together. She also had a nasty infection in it too. Now that her leg is gone, so is the infection. BONUS for her. She is feeling better and dealing with it all pretty well. I'm happy that she can be positive about this.

I do worry about my health. Don't get me wrong but it just doesn't seem like that motivates me much. Neither does wanting to look better. ANd to top it all off, I really hate the way I look and feel right now.

To bed with me. It's late and I've been studying forever and my eyes are tired and I am having Algebra burnout. LOL>

chris
Old 10-19-2006, 08:34 PM   #13  

I just realized I haven't posted in this thread all week!

How is everyone? Are we all still around?

I've been staying on track really well -- woohoo!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:16 PM   #14  
Focus on the Process

Geez, Lisa. I was just starting to feel a little abandoned by you. LOL.

Doing fine here. Not totally on track but not totally off either. I'm trying but I just seem so busy anymore.

Tomorrow I have a goal though. 64 oz of water and at the very least 15 min on the treadmill.

christina
Old 10-20-2006, 08:34 AM   #15  

Yay, Christina! Setting a goal for one day like that is the best way to get back on track if you feel like you've been a little off.

I've been feeling slightly burned out on the whole thing. It's not that I'm feeling deprived in the sense that I can't eat what I want -- it's more like I'm sick of counting and tracking everything I eat and every move I make. I know it works -- it's been working consistently -- so I keep doing it even though I'm a bit tired of it. I just want to make sure I can do this forever -- otherwise, what's the point? I'd hate to do all this again and then gain the weight back. I feel so much better, though -- I can't lose sight of that.
Closed Thread