Exercise! - Billy Blanks just kicked my butt

View Full Version : Billy Blanks just kicked my butt

Amberlyn
10-08-2006, 03:06 PM
I posted a couple weeks ago asking where you folks get your motivation to exercise. Well it took a while but yesterday I finally found the motivation. (I think it's probably a direct result of my clothes shopping trip last week where I discovered I am a full size SMALLER than I thought I was. I went from an 18 to a 16, which means I am not required to shop in plus sizes as much anymore. That made me feel so good, it made me want to speed up the process!)

Anyway, I got my Billy Blanks Boot Camp DVD out (the basic training one) and I made it 20 minutes in. I stopped when I could no longer raise my arms to shoulder level. I had sweat running down my face. It felt great. Last time I tried it, when I was about 20 pounds heavier, I remember I only got about 7 minutes into it the first time, so 20 is something I'm proud of.

This morning... almost can't walk. :D Legs are in serious pain, arms are in some pain also, and even the muscles at the sides of my abs are annoyed. Anybody else use this workout routinely? I'm hoping to hear wonderful success stories. I'm not sure how it could NOT work considering how sore I am!

72butterfly
10-08-2006, 05:10 PM
A couple of years ago I lost 129 pounds. Obviously I put back on about 90 pounds. Anyways, I lost my first 60 back then doing Taebo exclusively. A group of us at work were doing it 2-3 times per week. I would also do it on my own. I have at least 20 Taebo videos/dvds. It is so challenging. Back in June I did the original basic tape and it was challenging. I like having so many different ones because they are all challenging in so many ways.

WhitWhit
10-09-2006, 02:11 AM
I bought the Bootcamp set and I hate it! It is the cheesiest thing I have ever seen and the moves are so basic and elementary...I don't feel like I'm getting a work out at all!

I really want to send the set back, but the refund will not include shipping. I paid $14.95 shipping for it to arrive, and I'm guessing that I'd have to pay the same amount to send it back. Blah. That's enough motivation to just keep it. UGH! I'm so upset!!!

jelly
10-10-2006, 02:46 PM
I have the Boot Camp set as well. I LOVE IT! I did the whole routine in april of last year and I dropped so many inches. I ate regular and I think that's why I did not lose weight but I was toned and my pants kept falling off.

As of today I did my Basic bootcamp dvd and I have been doing it for about two weeks and as before my pants are starting to fall off. It's a great feeling. Just stick with it. Like Billy says "You gotta Give some to Get some":D

I am goign to do it 5 days a week now. But before I started it up agian I remember that sore feeling, for days. But you'll get there. And good for you from going from 7 to 20 min.

pgray1229
10-10-2006, 03:30 PM
I don't have Boot Camp, but I have BootCamp Elite. It's really hard! I lost alot of weight on taebo, but I just got bored! I'm now doing Turbo Jam alot along with Pilates.. I hope to do Taebo again, but I need a break!