Simply Filling/Core - Core Support Board for Week of October 8-14, 2006

Katpo
10-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Good morning! :coffee: It's a pretty day here -- 58 right now with a high of 85 this afternoon. I can live with that.

What's everyone up to today?

AJsMommy
10-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Today is gorgeous here too! High of 69° which is nice for MI in October. However, the rest of our week looks like rain and they used the *snow* word for friday, ugh!!
I've had a very busy week, and a very 'off program' week. I missed WI on Wed. knowing I'd be up, so I'll bite the bullet this week and see what damage I've done. I've been having far too many more 'bad days' than good days lately. I can't seem to shake it. I need to get my rear in gear if I want to be 185 by Christmas!
Today is a lazy stay home day. We ran all day yesterday, sons soccer game, some shopping and then hubby and I went to the Detroit Tiger vs. New York Yankee game last night, which was a blast!!! So good to see Detroit put on the map for something good, the energy was so positive, the spectators so ecstatic over our win of this division. We left and everyone was walking the streets high-fiving strangers, honking horns, screaming "Let's go Tigers!!" ...it was magical. I remember this back from the 80's and I was a kid, something you'll never forget!

Back on program today!!

Tejas
10-08-2006, 05:26 PM
It's been a beautiful day here in Toronto also. Warm, sunny, clear skies...great day all around.

I'm baking for tomorrow's feast and I must admit to nibbling. BUT, I've stayed below my point range and will have zero point soup for dinner. I've got my big glass of water beside me, tellling myself I don't want the goodies. I'll convince myself, I'm sure. But baking when you are trying to lose weight is like putting the fox in charge of the hen house. I did use Splenda though, so that's a bonus.

I'll also put on that WATP CD and redeem myself :exercise:

I hope you're all doing well.

Rhonda

Katpo
10-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Rhonda, I was wondering if you celebrate both Thanksgivings? And is Doyle a Canadian native? I have been meaning to ask but never did.

It's still very pretty here too; starting to get hot (upper 80s) but manageable. I went to the store and got some cranberry juice as I have a raging urinary tract issue. It came on all of a sudden mid-morning. I had some Uristat that I started, and hope that it was caught early enough, but if I'm still in pain tomorrow morning I will be going to the doctor.

So far, the day has been uneventful. The dufus next door (where the big ol' deck is) is painting his house today. He didn't remove the screens though and we're just waiting for him to make a big mess and drip paint on them. As handy as we are, there are some things that are best left to a professional, and I think exterior housepainting is one of them. At least he had the foresight to come over this morning and let Judd know that he should move his truck out of the driveway.

Erin is at work, and chicken is thawing. I will fry it tonight as tenders for Judd and Erin to have later. I found the replica Chili's Honey Mustard recipe, so I'll make that for them too. Other than that, I think sauteed peapods and a baked sweet potato are the other things to round out the menu. I will have fish with the peas and potato; no fried chicken for this girl. Oh, and this is NOT the chicken that is being held captive in the freezer door. I'm still pondering that issue...

I am going to TRY and work 12 hours M-Th to get my 48 for the week; and then all of Friday will go on next week. I will be missing a half day next Thursday (10/19) due to leaving for Chicago (hopefully) and then won't be able to work at all on Friday or Saturday. I do believe that if I go that weekend, I'll come back on Saturday. That way I'll only have 2 nights' hotel, and four meals, and will allow Shaun to spend Sunday with his friends. I know he would rather do that than entertain the ol' fuddyduddy mom. I got a letter the other day and he is still worried about graduating on time, but says he's pretty sure that his tech school will be there instead of Pensacola. He's okay with that.

Other than that, nothing is happening here. The decluttering continues...

Katpo
10-08-2006, 06:06 PM
A quick FYI for those who are interested ... I'm not going to be the Core mod anymore. I still read here every day, of course, and will NOT be going away completely because I wouldn't dream of abandoning my friends!

Actually, the Core people are among the most well-behaved members on the board! A full-time mod is pretty much overkill, and so for now it's going to be reabsorbed into the general WW area where Mauvaisroux is the mod. If there's anything you need, like threads closed or made sticky, please just let her know and I'm sure she'll be happy to accommodate you. :)

sisvivian
10-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Hi everyone
Gained 4# last week, probably too much sodium. I have started walking everyday, just finished my second week. Walke 8 times last week, with a total of 30 miles. Getting in my water, trying to be good and stick to the program.
Vivian

ontarget
10-08-2006, 07:41 PM
hi there, chickies. it's a gorgeous day here, too. curtis and i went to the archery center today and practiced. huey lewis came in a short time after we got there. we shot with him and several other guys--and curtis ended up coaching all of them. one of the perks in archery is getting to meet new folks.

jennifer, we all have those off program weeks. goodness we don't give up. i loved reading about your baseball evening. it's wonderful seeing strangers come together over an event, isn't it?

rhonda, enjoy your day tomorrow. i just saw on hgtv on "offbeat america" a home that had a theater in its entire 2nd floor. it made me think of doyle. are ya'll planning to have a home theater? let's do some dreaming just a second. ya'll with a home like a movie theater and us like a home with an archery center in it. :lol:

kathy, we all appreciate the time you've spent being monitor. that had to have taken a lot of effort. i'm sorry you're not feeling well. i hope you don't have to go to the doctor. those urinary tract infections are dangerous. go to the doctor if you don't get better.

i'm going to repeat what rhonda said--everyone have a great op day. i'll be back later.

ontarget
10-08-2006, 07:42 PM
vivian, congratulations. i'm happy for you. four pounds is a great loss.

Katpo
10-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Thanks very much, Sandra. While it doesn't seem like a hard thing, it does get tedious at times and it's nice to be appreciated.

See you all in the morning!

Tejas
10-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Definitely I celebrate both :thanks1: :thanks2:

Doyle is from Texas. We went to high school together and he is Sandra's first cousin.

Vivian, I see that Sandra gave you a 4 pound loss instead of a gain...so, I'd take that if I were you!

Kathy, how are we to figure it all out now?? I guess we will ;)

Sandra: home theatres and archery centers sound good to me. I've been scrunched in Toronto and am looking forward to "land, lots of land under starry skies above!"

Night all,
Rhonda

ontarget
10-09-2006, 01:00 AM
rhonda, we won't "fence you in." we probably will keep living right here. we haven't heard anything about the land we were considering since the smoke got thick. however, we keep dreaming. today we talked about building a home that looks like a big red barn. the loft would be the archery range.

vivian, i apologize. i used to teach reading, but that doesn't mean i know how to read. i misread your post. just keep on keepin on. those pounds will start melting.

kathy, did the cranberry juice help?

ontarget
10-09-2006, 09:51 AM
well, here i am first this am. i'm up early, but curtis is still asleep. i wanted to get here before we get the day started to say hello. i want to wish rhonda and frouf, and anybody else who's celebrating thanksgiving today a wonderful holiday. :thanks1: enjoy your families and friends:thanks2:

i just saw this smiley and have to post it. :swim: i'm hoping to get back to w a this afternoon.

have a good day, everyone.

yawaii29
10-09-2006, 10:13 AM
It's supposed to be really nice today also..73 degrees. I will probably take my daughter out for a walk later..If not I can take a walk with my son and daughter when he gets home from school. :carrot:

Katpo
10-09-2006, 10:44 AM
Welcome, Yawaii! It's a pleasant morning here too -- a high of 87° and currently 58°. There's a chance of rain tomorrow afternoon too, so I'm getting excited about that.

Sandra, the house sounds really cool! I hope you do build it and if so, could you have it done by next summer when I'm up there? :lol: Hurry, please.

Angela, I have a couple of gardening questions. I planted some lettuce the other day (romaine) and right now it's in a hanging pot, but I'm afraid it'll be getting too tall pretty soon and probably should move it before it completely takes root. I have a large pot, probably 20-24", that I'm thinking of putting it in. Do you know if things like that can grow well in a pot? I don't have an inground place this year since we took out the big garden last year, and would rather not till it up again just for some lettuce. The tag said that the lettuce needs full sun too, but I can move the pot over to the edge of the covered patio and at some point during the day, it will get full sun. If you have any input, I'd appreciate it.

I was thinking, while driving to work this morning, how often we complain about trivial things that are going on in our lives -- when so many other people have it much worse. In particular, I was thinking about Judd's aunt and uncle, and Vickie's friend Cindy and how compared to what they're going thru, my pathetic little attempt to lose 6-7 pounds seems silly. I mean, it's important to me and all, but it's not lifechanging if I don't. Putting it in perspective like that really tends to change one's outlook on things.

I hope everyone has a peaceful, blessed day.

blessedwithsarah
10-09-2006, 10:51 AM
Happy Monday everyone! Its a beatutiful day here as well - we are supposed to be in the 70's as well. Kathy I'm amazed that to you 80s are cool! For me I'd be pulling out my shorts and tank tops again!

I did OK this weekend. The cocktail party Friday night was nice - I stayed under an hour, had one glass of wine and a couple of small tid bits. I did go home and make pizza - had 2 pieces. I did have the points for the week so that was OK.

Saturday my dd ended up with a cold and did too much in the afternoon. By 4:30 she was exhausted and on the couch no moving much. For her thats the sign she is sick - thats the only time she is not actually moving. Ended up getting her to bed by 7 only to have her wide awake and ready for the day at 2:30! She finally went back to sleep around 4:30 and we were all up at 7. Saturday night we ended up just getting takeout chinese - I didn't do to bad, had chicken chowmain and manderine noodles. I usually get hot and sour soup but the last few times I had that I bloated something awful for the following days. Sunday I did now show any gain from our dinner. I was happy.

Sunday we just hung out and got plants. DD started to complain her ear hurtj and she had no fever; but she wanted to play. Ended up giving her tylenol which did help a bit and I called the Dr last night. I found out I was doing the right thing but not giving her the right dosage. I'm glad I called. She is better this morning - not complaining about her ear.

I'm at work today and then off until Friday - so at least if she needs to go to the dr or gets sicker, I'm home anyway.

I made a great breakfast casserole that I found on barbos site - there is actually a new site. I'll post that later today. Had that for breakfast, it was very good.

My scale is up a bit this moning - 179 rather than 178. I'm happy with that since I did eat more non core this weekend than I planned and TOM is looming!

Vivian, today is a new day. Focus on today and not the gain. It will come off!

Kathy, how are you feeling? I hope the cranberry juice is working. My MIL brought over fresh cranberries. I need to find something to do with them - she lives in Cranberry country down towards Cape Cod.

I'm off to post my menu for today. Take care all.

aghiowa
10-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Kathy, I grew lettuce in a pot this summer, and it worked out just fine. Have you grown lettuce there in Texas before? It might work if it's cooler, but the temps you've been reporting this summer would make the lettuce bolt and go to seed really quickly.

Yes, lettuce appreciates full sun...if it's in shade, it's going to get really tall and leggy and spindly...not too tasty to eat. The lettuce I planted was in a larger pot, and it was out on my deck in the sun. The only thing I think you'll have to watch is watering. Lettuce needs a fair bit of water, and it'll tend to dry out pretty quickly in a container.

Good luck!

I've been a little down on the human race lately...it seems like everywhere I turn, people aren't being very nice to each other, and it just makes me sad. There's a lot of hypocrisy and selfishness. I mean, I should know all this by now and not be surprised, but I still am.

Anyhoo, my kids have the day off school, so we're going to be busy raking leaves and baking bread...my 7 year old really wanted homemade bread. I'm going to try using a dinner roll recipe but making it into small loaves. We'll see how that goes. :D

Later ladies,
Angela

Katpo
10-09-2006, 11:13 AM
The cranberry juice seemed to do the trick (along with one dose of UriStat). I believe I caught it at the very beginning before it could progress from irritation to infection. And cranberry country would be great! I love fresh cranberry relish. Ummm ... can't wait for Thanksgiving! Oh! Speaking of that ...

Angela, thanks for the info. We are getting cooler now -- the lows are in the mid 50s and the highs are mid 80s. Later in the week it should be even cooler; the lows will be in the 40s and highs in mid 70s. The spot should get morning sun, which will be when the temps are lower, and by afternoon when it's warmer it'll be shaded. I hope it works out okay. Thanks again for the advice. I made a batch of bread on Saturday (or was it Friday?? geez, the days just run together!) and have been eating it toasted this weekend with the plain yocheese spread on it. We're having a cookout this Friday night for some out-of-towners and I was thinking about trying to make some buns. Judd and I will be having salmon burgers and it would be nice to have some natural buns to go along with it. Oh and maybe some homegrown romaine, too!

I know what you mean about the world. I don't know what it'll take to wake people up but it's very disheartening at the amount of unhappiness and mean-spiritedness that's exhibited these days. Things are just too fast-paced and I wish we could slow it all down and take it easier. I'm sure people would be much happier if they didn't feel quite so overwhelmed with life.

On that note, I can't tell you how much I admire the Amish people for the compassion and forgiveness they showed last week during that horrible time. They really set an example for the rest of us.

Paula, I hope your DD is better very soon, poor girl! It sounds like you did very well with your eating this weekend and kept busy as well! The weekends just fly by, don't they?

I'd better get back to work before someone comes over here and barks at me! :lol:

ontarget
10-09-2006, 11:25 AM
:welcome: yawaii. it's good to have you joining us. enjoy your walk today.

kathy, you'll probably have to see the house we're in now. i am very doubtful our new home will exist anywhere except in our dreams--and possibly on paper.

paula, i hope dd is feeling better. i'll be watching for your recipe.

angela, i'm sorry your down in the dumps. we all go there at times. wish we didn't. have a good day with the girls. homemade bread? i think i can smell it baking.

Froufy
10-09-2006, 02:43 PM
Hi chickie,

HOme today - long thanksgiving day weekend! YIPPEE - altho i am pretty beached with a bad back today? Not sure what I have done? Took some painkillers but they are not helping much.

Yesterday were at sil's house for turkey lunch/dinner - of course my mil, the Queen Bee -caused a major scene when it came to the seating arrangements - something about the kids leaivng the table anyhow - no one was paying much attention to her (as she is one to demand rather than earn respect) - she ended up eating dinner alone in the living room, then leaving abruptly - and no one even tried to stop her! such a shame - she is so luck to still be alive and healthy (76) and have her family with her - even 2 great grand children - yet she still causes all sorts of problems and misses out on so much - it makes me so sad (esp when i think that my mom is gone and how happy she would be to spend time with her family around her!).

Also had a backache yesterday so I was 'drugged' when I left home - then had to take an antihistamine while there due to dogs and 1 kitten! so by 7 pm had to leave - and I went to bed at 9;30 pm and slept for 12 WHOLE HOURS - a rare occurence for a froufie! I guess I was really tired?

My eating has been way off as PMS and TOM have paid a visit - I am eating those 100 cal chocolate bars trying to control my cravings. I am fearful of getting on the scale tomorrow as I know it won't be pretty!

Also got a 'goodie package' from my friend Ray from Vegas who I met on the cruise - said he was sending me a cd with pics - but instead I got this HUGE BOX - w/the cd, a beautiful glass vase, a big bag of hallowee'en m&ms (gave to dh) and a cute pink stuffed froufei bunny (who I have named Viva), along with a lovely note about how much fun he had on the cruise with Andrea and I - so sweet!

Now dh and I are going to see the CHEO dream home - then will try to find somewhere where we can find a turkey so we can make our own - and eat leftovers for the rest of the week!

Later,

Frouf

ontarget
10-09-2006, 04:51 PM
frouf, that's a shame about your mil. it's sad, too. you're right. she's missing out on a lot. her behavior has to put a damper on everyone's spirits.

i hope your back is better. it's good that you were able to sleep a long time. those antihistamines make me sleep, too. how neat that your cruise buddy sent you the goodie box. and kudos to you for giving dh the candy.

i'm having a hard time staying op today. i'm going to have a skinny cow ice cream sandwich in a little bit. i'll go to w a in a couple of hours. that should help, too. it's odd how some days it's easy to follow program and other's it's a strain. oh, well. that makes life more exciting, i guess.

Elanajel
10-09-2006, 07:58 PM
UTIs--definitely one of the worst part of being female! I hope you are drinking lots of water and feel better soon.

I have never been on a board where the moderator switched--I assume I keep going to the same place to post?

Beautiful weather here today and there is a special cultural festival every year on Columbus Day--free museums, free concerts, outdoor arts activities, etc. I took my daughter and we had a blast. Back to the usual routine tomorrow.

My eating is on track; unfortunately I pulled a quad. muscle from Saturday's Boot Camp class so have to cut back on the exercise this week.

Here's hoping for a good and healthy week for everyone.

Katpo
10-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Yes, Elana, this would be the place for you to post! I feel better today and am sure that the home remedies took care of my problem before it went any farther.

I hope your muscle heals quickly! We have a girl at work who did a daily boot camp class at 5 a.m. every morning for FOUR WEEKS! After a few days, she said she didn't even know her name until around 11 a.m. each morning. It totally kicked her butt!! I admire anyone who can even work up the nerve to register. Since I can't run yet (or actually even walk without a noticeable limp) this is not the class for me at the present. I hope to be able to do it by next year.

I hope everybody had a great day!

ontarget
10-09-2006, 10:56 PM
well, it's not so great a day here, kathy.

curtis' sister called a few minutes ago. we're all to meet tomorrow at the assisted living library around noon with hospice to discuss his mother's condition. it's not good. bless her heart. this is a sad time.

Katpo
10-09-2006, 11:05 PM
I am so sorry to hear it. SO sorry. I'll be thinking of you all and hoping that you'll be able to make it thru the necessary decision making.

:hug:

septembersgoal
10-09-2006, 11:51 PM
Sandra, I'm so sorry about your MIL. :hug:

Tejas
10-10-2006, 12:01 AM
Hi All:

I did so well with all the baking over the weekend and then ate too much at Thanksgiving dinner tonight. I'll have to contain myself to starvation level all week :lol:

Sandra, take care of yourself and Curtis. We will all be thinking of you two.

Rhonda

ontarget
10-10-2006, 12:55 AM
thank you, girls. i appreciate your support. curtis and i are doing all right now. he wants to go shoot in the am, so we are. it will be good to be busy. the young guys running the archery center call me "mama." i just e'd one of them the taco soup recipe. we took them enough for dinner yesterday. now he's going to make some. (and it's core)

rhonda, don't worry about today. thanksgiving is over now. you'll do fine tomorrow. just keep thinking of your day that's coming up soon.

Froufy
10-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Good luck Sandra - our thoughts are with you - I know this is a terrible thing to go thru! Big hugs!

Where's Vickie????

Kathy - Glad the cranberry juice helped! Are you getting excited for your trip to Chicago??

I am at work today despite barely sleeping (I had a 'real' Dr. Pepper before bed and I think the caffeine/sugar kept me up?), altho my back is feeling much better - but not sure if I should go to the gym today or wait one more day? (don't want to cause any further problems!).

Bake sale at work today - need I say more? :( ...and I"m off to my dr appt this afternoon for my bp check - yesterday at pharmacy machine it was 150/87 - not very good! I know my weight is up as well due to weekend feasting and TOM still hanging around - oh well!

Dh just called and invited me to lunch (he is on the road after a business meeting - looks like a job/project may be coming up in the very near future - and I AM THRILLED, THRILLED THRILLED!) but I declined as I have brought lunch with me - and not feeling that great after the bake sale inhalation! (very bad froufie!).

Tonight is 'cheap' movie night ($8.95 per ticket w/popcorn and drink!) so I suggested we try to get out tonight if possible! (dd dances til 7:45)...something to look forward to?

Gloomy gray day here - and rain and much cooler weather expected the next couple of days! Oh well....

Frouf

blessedwithsarah
10-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Quiet day here today. DD Sarah is doing better, she is still a bit stuffed in her nose, but so am I. I debated on taking her to her gymnastics class this morning, ended up going. She did really well, its amazing how with one class per week, she is actually starting to get it. Took her to Wendy's for lunch - when she is sick she doesn't eat much, I figured that would be a treat for her and she would eat. She did well, only left a few fries. I got nothing but a diet coke. I came home and had polenta crisps and core chili.

My scale is now my friend??!! TOM is not quite here and my am weight was down to 177.5! WOO HOO. I'll miss wi tomorrow at work - I took Wednesday and Thursday off to use up some vacation time before year end. Tomorrow I'll drop dd off at school and I'm going to see if I can do a walk in manacure and pedicure. I never got around to making an appt, and I can't imagine there will be no openings on a Wednesday morning. Then I think Thursday I'll take dd shopping for a halloween costume. Its kind of nice to have not much planned for the next few days. Sunday we are taking her to the circus - of course we won't tell her about it until Sunday am. Then Monday is her next field trip to go pumpkin picking. I'm taking the morning off to go along. Told my boss I had an appt - didn't say anything more than that.

Sandra, my thoughts are with you today. Its not fun when parents get older. My mom is turning 80 this month and my dad will be 83 next month. Thankfully they are both fairly healthy.

Kathy, I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. I've never had to deal with UTI's and I hope I don't start.

Froufie and Rhonda - start fresh today. I hope you both enjoyed your holiday weekend. Its over now and today is a new day. Frouf, good luck at the drs. Blood pressure is scary. When I went to the Dr in January my bp was 170/100, he took it again and it was down to 160/100. I had to watch it for the next 6 months and it finally came down. My issue was under active thyroid - the Dr had to adjust my meds a few times over those following months, once that level was lower my bp came down. Good luck today.

Take care everyone.

Tejas
10-10-2006, 08:50 PM
I was not the least bit interested in food today. I've only eaten 9 points all day and drunk lots of water.

I hope that everyone with various afflictions felt better today.

Sandra, we're eager to hear how you are. I spent some of yesterday with my former in-laws who are in their 80's. One is doing very well, the other less well. It's not easy to see the ones you love suffer.

Rhonda

Katpo
10-10-2006, 10:11 PM
The last couple of days have been interesting, haven't they? Lot of views, very few posts.

I hope everyone's doing well.

Sandra, if you need to PM me, feel free to do so at anytime. :hug:

ontarget
10-11-2006, 12:20 AM
hi, ladies. we are home now. we've been gone most of the day. curtis wanted to go train early this am to sort of cleanse his mind. we met with family and hospice at noon, sat with his mom, called ou of state relatives to tell them to come on now, then we disappeared into the hills this evening for more mind cleansing. curtis is a big strong man, but he's not so tough when it comes to things like this. i am proud of him for the way he's hanging in.

one of his bros is flying in tomorrow from texas. we'll pick him up at the airport then stay with their mom tomorrow afternoon. other than that i don't know what we'll be doing.

i'll be back when i can. i hope all is well with each of you.

wv_lady_us
10-11-2006, 08:26 AM
:) Wanted to say hi and Im a new member to the core board. Im glad to be here....barb

blessedwithsarah
10-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Good morning everyone. Hope all is well with you.

Sandra, I wish there was something I could say. :hug: I think that says it best. Know we are all here for you if you need us.

Barb, welcome. Jump right in. I'm a newer member to the board, only a few months now. Its a great group. Looking forward to gettiing to know you.

Where is everyone? Boy, it sure is quiet.

Well, its just about 9am, DH is off to work and he took our dog. DD is at school and I'm home all by my lonesome! :D The nail salon opens at 9 and I'm going up there shortly for my spoil mommy morning. The only house work I need to do is a load of laundry. I'll throw that in before I go. I also need to stop by the cingular store and upgrade my phone. They just started charging me $5 analog fee. Yes, I still have a very old phone, probably 5 years old. But it works fine. I'll see what deal I can get - I work for a subsidary of New York Life and they have discounts. I'll see what I can find on line, check out the store and then the corporate discount and see whats the best deal for me. I don't use my phone much at all, really have it for emergencies only.

Well, got to run. I'll stop back later. I hope there are some more posts! Take care.

Tejas
10-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Hi:

Yes, it is quiet. I wrote a post this morning but it was so slow to connect that I just bailed out. Maybe others are having trouble.

After having said I would not go down to 900 calories, I've been trying it for two days. It's not as awful as I anticipated. Since I have a preventive colonoscopy next week, a few days with only a little food are not going to hurt me :lol: !!

Rhonda

ontarget
10-11-2006, 09:47 PM
hi, ladies. wow! it's slow here. i hope it picks back up soon.

curtis' bro/wife are here now from texas. i don't think his other brother is coming. i'm hoping he changes his mind.

on a good note, i'm still op. i even went to w a today. i am an emotional eater, but so far so good.

welcome to the boards, wv lady. it's good to have you join us. i haven't had a chance to look yet, but have you posted some info on yourself on the coreprofiles thread? we'd all like to get to know you. plus, you can learn about us there, too.

paula, i hope you enjoyed your spoil mommy morning. it sounds like you had a good time planned.

rhonda, ;) ;) ;) ;) for continued success. it sounds like you're on a roll now. that makes me smile.

i hope everyone has a wonderful evening. i'll be back tomorrow.

Tejas
10-12-2006, 08:39 AM
Good Morning everyone:

I woke up about 5:30 AM, which is just as well since at 7AM the workers were outside on the street revving up the backhoe and tearing up the street and sidewalk. The house two doors away was torn down and another is being built...the story is that a new sewer line is being dug. It looks as though they have done enough digging to redo the entire city's sewer!

OK, today is going to be another below 1000 calories day for me. I've started with coffee and an oatmeal-bran-apple muffin and a huge glass of water. With the right mind set, this is even a little fun. That attitude won't last long, I assure you!

I went to Pilates yesterday, then worked out with a Denise Austin DVD. It was the first time to use one of her DVD's. She's bouncy for sure. I enjoyed being 61 and mostly keeping up with her and her companions. I don't get in all the twists, shakes and jumps but Tina Turner better watch out :lol:

Have a good Core day everyone.

Rhonda

ontarget
10-12-2006, 11:24 AM
good morning. we're up early and are about to leave for awhile. we have more relatives coming in at the airport this morning.

rhonda, i'm trying to eat more fruit. yesterday i had a banana, some watermelon, honey due melon, and cantaloupe. that seems to help me lose better. that's awfully early for construction workers to wake up folks. i hope you don't have to hear those guys every morning for awhile.

Tejas
10-12-2006, 11:40 PM
was it something I said :(

where is everybody :?:

septembersgoal
10-12-2006, 11:51 PM
Wow, I have never, ever seen the board this slow. It seems like our little group is breaking up, and that makes me really, really, really sad.
I know I haven't contributed much but I miss chatting with you all. I hope we can reconnect soon.
:grouphug:

Vickie
10-13-2006, 01:30 AM
It makes me sad too, Melissa. I'll be back in the morning. Lurking is not for me. Plus....I'm a Core devotee and I'm convinced that it's a great program that works if we work it. And...I need the support of my Core friends.

Tejas
10-13-2006, 10:41 AM
YEA :woo:

Melissa and Vickie are back....!

Yesterday was a very tough day. More of those darn meetings with cookies. And, then I celebrated a friend's new job with two glasses of red wine. But, today, back at the calorie restriction. I CAN do this!

It's Friday the 13th...:yikes:

Katpo
10-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Good morning, Core friends. I'm sad too but it seems as though nobody feels connected anymore. Such is life, I suppose, full of peaks and valleys. We will get back there someday.

I wanted to tell you all that my brother got another baby yesterday. He was abandoned at Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas. The mother was from out-of-town and came up here to a party, went into early labor, and was taken to the hospital. She gave them a false name and left right after giving birth. The baby was born with cocaine in his system but subsequent (and often) testing has shown that it's all out now. He is 7 weeks old, but was 10 weeks early, and Kevin and Vanessa have named him Elijah. They hope to be able to keep him.

Vickie
10-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I promised to be back to post today and I intend to keep my word. I have been struggling but feel as though I'm winning the battle. It's not easy to face the notion of losing another 120 pounds. Some days I wonder why I bother. And then.....I remember that I want to be healthy and happy and.....thin!

I don't have time right now to catch you all up on everything that's going on with me. I have a very sick senior kitty, Cameo, who either has pneumonia or lung cancer and probably both. We are currently fighting the pneumonia and will deal with the rest later. Sadly, she is just like a child to me since I've had none and her illness is very upsetting to me. Cassie still has something going on with her too but in a triage sense, she is waiting her turn with the Vet while we deal with the Cameo crisis. I've cried alot since last Friday but Jim and I know that we need to enjoy whatever time we have left with her. She's 11 1/2.

Sandra, I continue to think about you and Curtis and pray for his Mom.

Everyone else, I'll be back later to make an attempt to catch up with you all. I've a million errands to run and must take Cameo to the Vet for her daily shot. We were unable to pill her so the Vet (God Bless Her) agreed to let us bring her in every day for the Baytril shot.

I know it's been very slow and I hope that changes. I need some great Core support!

blessedwithsarah
10-13-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm here - back to work today. I had a great few days off this week and its FRIDAY. OK, Friday the 13th, but still a Friday.

Had a great morning Wednesday pampering myself. I ended up changing my cell phone service - went with the new GoPhone. Its no committment and $25 for 100 minutes that last 3 months. So, I'll end up paying $100 for a year rather than over $300. I only use my phone for emergencies. I'm going to switch DH to the same plan. In total we'll save almost $500! For anyone who has a cell phone with limited usage, check it out. If I didn't stop into the cingular store I would have just recommitted to 2 years for the $30 a month plan. I'm happy with it.

Yesterday was absoultly beautiful - sunny and warm. Spent alot of time outside with dd. Today is very COOL. We were over 70 yesterday and this morning down to 42! At least we don't have snow. EEK.

Eating has been OK considering being home this week. I did eat a bit more than I should have but not too bad. I have WI next Wednesday, it will be the first time in 2 weeks. I will be down.

Whats up with everyone?

Vickie, sorry to hear about kitty. Pets are our children. Let us know how you make out.

Melissa, how is pampered chef going?

Sandra, how is your MIL doing? And you and Curtis?

I need to plan some cooking this weekend. I had a variety of frozen meals that I've been using up. They are all gone. I think I may make some smothered chicken and barley. I haven't made that in a while, and maybe some pumpkin snack cake.

Gotta run, work calls.

septembersgoal
10-13-2006, 05:47 PM
Hi! In a hurry but want to check in...

Vickie! So glad to see you back. I'm so, so sorry about Cameo. I really can't imagine how you are feeling. You all never lack for drama around your house, that's for sure. I hope that today has been a good day.

Kathy, I'm so glad to hear that your brother got another baby. It's sad to hear about of course, but I'm sure that they would be wonderful parents for him. How are you doing today?

Paula, sounds like you have had an eventful few days. Thanks for asking about PC, it's going really well. Much better than I would have ever anticipated! It's been cold here too. When I went to work this morning it was 34!

I'll be back later tonight or tomorrow...:grouphug:

Vickie
10-13-2006, 06:31 PM
I'm back from running errands. It took a about 4 hours counting the Vet for Cameo. Jim came with me to the Vet but stayed home from the other errands. We had our flu shots and both of us have had a reaction. Mine is very slight and just achiness. Jim had a high fever in the middle of the night so bad that he was shivering. So I had a sleepless night because I was worried about him. He asked for an extra down comforter because he was shivering so bad. Of course, he didn't wake me up and ask me for the blanket until I got up to go to the bathroom at 3:00. At 3:15 I went downstairs and got him two ibuprofen and some water. When I got up at 6:30 he said he felt a little better. I don't trust our thermometer but it says his temperature is normal. I fed him some tylenol at 7:15 and he wouldn't take any more before I left for errands. While I was gone his fever returned. Never a dull moment in this house!

I'm waiting for my Sister/BIL to come and pick up their frozen food that they stored her during the 40 hour power outage they experienced last week during our horrible storms. And....they are bringing me a free exercise bike that they don't want anymore! Woo Hoo! Now if I could just exercise.

My ankle is NOT broken but the Specialist believes it is a tear and a sprain so I'll be doing the whole RICE thing for at least 2 more weeks. I wasn't supposed to be on it so much today but things must get done, right?

Wow...I didn't mean to write so much now. I'm just starting to realize how much has happened in the last week. I need to go figure out how/when I'm going to cook dinner. I'll try to come back later.

So far, I'm on program.

ontarget
10-13-2006, 06:55 PM
hi there, chickies. i'm here and desperately needing all of you for support, comfort, and a swift kick in the behind. curtis' mother is the same. most of the family is here already but there are still a few to come. curtis and i are home alone for a few minutes. we needed to wind down a little.

i had over 30 pts yesterday and it's looking like the same for today. today i don't think i've had anything that's truly core. i made dinner for some of the out of state family. i could have eaten taco soup and been core, but i confess to having a chicken salad sandwich and a 1 pt ww frozen peanut butter cup. that's not the worst, though. i just finished 4 mini almond joys.

i'm dusting right now. if i stay within the flex pts for my weight, i can have 4 more points today. if not, i'll just count wpa's. oh, well. also, water aerobics is out of the question.. some days i have a lot of self control and some days--well, i probably shouldn't talk about it.

now back to my perky, optimistic self--curtis and i got our 2007 martin archery contracts today--and i got my brown dress i bought on ebay. life is good.

man, it's good to see more activity here. i was starting to wonder if i needed to change deodorant or something.

melissa, are things starting to settle down for you now with pc or are you at full throttle? i hope you can get here more often.

vickie, it's good to see you here today. i missed you. you are having so much stress now--and have had for months. i hope cassie and cameo get better. i have a kitty story for you. curtis' mom has a huge yellow/white/longhaired cat. as you know she lives in an assisted living facility. yesterday a new nurse came into her room and spotted kitty kitty. she had a shocked look on her face and gasped, "that's my cat! does that cat have 6 toes on one paw?" my sil said that she did. the woman said her cat disappeared in 1994 from their home near florence, mt. back in 1994 curtis' dad found the cat near their home that's about 40 miles from florence. now isn't this a small world? we were all wondering what was going to happen to kitty kitty after mom passes. now we know where she'll be going. the lady is very excited to get her back.

rhonda, i guess you already saw my whimpers. i knew all along that the only reason these diet pills were working was because i let them. i'm going to have to pretend they're in control.

paula, it sounds like you're having a really really good week. that makes me smile. i'm proud of you for doing so well making healthy choices.

kathy, i'm glad your brother and his wife got another baby. is this your brother in alvarado? it's sad what some people put their children through, isn't it?

vickie, i hope you and jim have a better night. i always worry about those flu shots but get one yearly. curtis and i both have to because of health conditions.

got to go. i'll be back tomorrow.

Tejas
10-13-2006, 08:38 PM
It's just wonderful to see the board active again. Now, where is Froufy???

Kitty Kitty? I had a Kitty Kat and Kat....so, imaginative! ;)

Vickie, let's all hope your cat feels better soon. It's nice to have a good vet who helps when you need it. Great that your ankle is not broken. I've never had a flu shot. Those viruses mutate so quickly and Toronto is such a mixed pool of people that I figure I'd have to have about 20 different types of vaccines to keep up!

Now, why didn't I know Kathy's brother when I was trying to adopt a child? Those foundlings are going to be very happy in the long run. Their mothers are leading lives of desperation that are so hard, and let's all hope that they too can find happiness some day. If not happiness, at least peace.

Sandra, whatever it takes!! I had to the grocery and buy some good food for the office....there are so many cookies and chips it's really sad. Everyone knows that they need better food, but they don't go get it. Maybe I can set a better example.

Have a good night everyone!

Rhonda

ontarget
10-13-2006, 10:13 PM
rhonda i had a meow meow. doyle may remember him. i got him summer after 3rd grade and had him over 10 years. he was a black persian. i'm proud of you for setting a good example for your coworkers. my dusting didn't take. i'll have to redo in the am.

night night.

sisvivian
10-13-2006, 10:27 PM
Hi everybody,
Tried to get on yesterday but had computer problems. Walked to WW meeting and back home again yesterday morning, lost 3.8# of the 4 that I gained last week. I won't consider that I am off my plateau until I am below 233 which is the lowest that I have been. Walked again today for 45 minutes. Have been seeing a pain doc for my spinal stenosis, my legs hurt terrible when I walk but have been doing it anyway. Yesterday took pain meds 2 hours apart and my legs did not hurt at all, so will have to see about getting my dosage upped. Getting ready for work, working the night shift.
Vivian

ontarget
10-13-2006, 10:29 PM
rhonda, did you ever find frouf?

frouf? where are you?

vivian, i'm sorry you're in pain. i'm glad your pain meds are helping. congratulations on losing 3.8 lbs! you rock, girl!

Froufy
10-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Here I am - struggling as always - very cold, wet and rainy here - just back from picking dd up from friend's place and it was so dark and rainy I got extremely stressed driving there and back!!!

Vickie - how is Jim doing? Sure hope the flu reaction is very short lived! How about Cameo? So sorry about your troubles but very glad to see you back with us!

Kathy - sure hope your brother and sil get to keep that baby - poor darling! How desperate the mother must have been! I'm sure they can provide a better home! Keeping fingers and toes crossed.

Melissa - it was down to zero here last night (32) and boy was it cold this morning - even leftover ice on my car windshield...ugh - sign of things to come I guess? (had to dig out hat and gloves for little ds this morning before he left for school!).

So I am FINALLY getting someone in on Monday to help me out - she was supposed to work in another position but we are so suffering with budget cuts that many staffing actions have been cancelled - and I guess I lucked out!

As for Friday the 13th: the good news - I get a letter today from a bank (one I don't normally deal with?) - an info letter telling my my LAST CAR PAYMENT IS OCT 30! Okay like did I miss something? I could swear I had at least another year to go but who am I to complain? This is amazing cuz it means $600 stays in the bank every month - very very helpful.

Also got the RESP (registered education savings plan) cheques today for big ds' tuition - wow - like a windfall.

Bad news - got another letter in the mail saying the gym I go to (remember I just rejoined last week) is closing - they could not come to a deal w/owner of building so they are shutting down (or selling). If someone buys it our memberships remain as is - if not we get refund for unused portion! Like I haven't been 'using' it anyways - guess I should move my butt (pun intended).

I am also seriously considering the transatlantic cruise next oct 07 - some of my past cruise buddies are going - and it would be fun. I know the (solo) cabins are already going quickly - believe it or not - so I am pondering making the reservation - I can actually cancel up until August 07 - so if I can't go or have changed my mind I can cancel up til then without penalty...what do you think? Otherwise I am of course looking for a sunny holiday for possibly January! (I am envisioning big mounds of snow in the driveway by then!).

so what's everyone doing this weekend? NO major plans here - must get groceries tho - having breakfast w/gf on sunday am (dd has a party in the afternoon) and dh out tomorrow night doing a gig - so I am on my own! So how much trouble can a frouf get into on a saturday night?

Frouf

ontarget
10-14-2006, 01:39 AM
hi there, frouf. i have my eyes propped open so i can read your post. you got a lot of good news today. that's amazing. can you get your gum money refunded even if another outfit buys them out?

i don't know what to advise as to the cruise, but i'm curious to know what you decide.

my props are breaking. i need to go to bed. see ya'll later.

Tejas
10-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Good Morning All:

Never one to be timid, I'm going to jump right in about Froufy's possible cruise! Why not go on such a cruise?? Ok, there's too much food easily available and that would be a real test. But, there are gyms and you could make the entire ship a walking circuit. Life is ever so short and you enjoy cruises...so go for it, I say. Now, aren't you glad you asked :)

My weekend is going to be very low key but busy. I'm grading papers :book2: and writing reports :comp: for my union work. I'll keep a big glass of water nearby at all times and paste "calorie reduction" notes on the 'fridge.

Back later in the day. Work the program everybody.

Rhonda

septembersgoal
10-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Morning! Last night I went to visit a friend while Aaron led worship for a youth retreat. I noticed that I was very itchy but didn't think much about it. Got home and when I changed clothes realized that I have some sort of rash/hives!! :eek: I haven't had these since I was a kid so I have no idea what's going on. I have been sick all week but thought I was getting better. Ugh.

Sandra, I'm sorry that you had such a down day yesterday. :hug: You'll get back op soon. You have a lot going on. Oh and what a neat story about the cat!! That's really amazing.

Vickie, I'm sorry that you all had negative reactions to the flu shot. It's so odd how something "good" for us can make us sick too. I hope that you have a great day.

Rhonda, you seem like you're really doing great. Don't work too hard grading papers!

Frouf, always full of excitement! That cruise sounds really neat, and you have a long time to back out of it if you want/need to. I need to go to the grocery store today too!

Kathy, you okay out there?

I have to get over this itching or at least figure out how to deal with it because I have a cooking show tomorrow. That means I need to go to the grocery today! I hope that everyone has a great day!

Look at all the new cute smilies! :haphal:

Vickie
10-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Sheesh....I never got back here yesterday. We sure are busy at the moment. Not the best timing for me return. :D

Before I forget....anyone who hasn't read the response from JadedJane, Core success story...should check out this post http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1437869#post1437869. I just realized yesterday that she lost over a hundred and fifty pounds on Core and has maintained it for some time now. She and Angela are definitely my Core roll models. I need to know that this is possible. I asked her about her exercise and water and she gave a pretty good answer. I especially think that her last paragraph should resonate with all of us. It involves "dusting" and not letting slip ups ruin an entire day or week. :^:

So Jim's fever finally broke during the night and he is feeling somewhat better. I kept checking on him by feeling his face in the middle of the night. I asked him this morning if it bothered him. He's such a funny guy. He said no.....but he thought the stethoscope was a little much. ;) Smart aleck. I just feel achy. We are both glad that it was reaction to the flu shot and not real sickness because we are going to see my friend Cindy tonight! We need to be healthy or we couldn't be around her. I am very much looking forward to seeing her.

Cameo got her shot yesterday and is eating. Every night she jumps into bed with us and we brush her and give her some treats and then she leaves. This has been going on every night for her whole 11 1/2 years. Last night I put her in bed so she wouldn't have to jump. She didn't want any treats for brusing but she stayed in bed and slept with us all night. First time ever. And it wasn't that she couldn't get down because she jumped down easily when Jim got up. And she wasn't standing at the edge and meowing when she couldn't get down. I think she just wanted to be with us and it was probably warmer near our bodies. Today and tomorrow we have to take her to the emergency vet to get her shot administered. We have the loaded syringes in our cabinet. They wanted to teach us how to do it but we said NO WAY! These are muscle shots and not skin ones.

We are leaving at 3:30 to go to Cindy and Doug's house. I think I'll bring our wedding video so we can relive the ceremony. It was a fun time for the four of us.

The rest of my weekend will be spent cleaning. My ankle really can't handle it but the place is filthy to me. I can smell the dust in here which reminds me that I have to have our furnace folks out to clean out the furnace and change the filter.

I thought I could be back to catch up but I don't know how much time I'll have this morning. Cindy is SO sweet. We are going to a Char Steak House so I can stay on program.

I'll be back in a bit to catch up if I can.

Vickie
10-14-2006, 11:19 AM
I just noticed that Jane doesn't put her stats in each post. If you look earlier in the thread you'll see that she started at 310 pounds, her goal was 150, and she now weighs 139. She'll have been at her goal for a year in February! My hero.

Katpo
10-14-2006, 02:12 PM
Melissa, I read but figured I wasn't exactly a member anymore. However ... you're all still my friends so I think I'll change that and start posting! Well, then I realized, no -- I'm still a member even though I'm not the moderator here now. (And by the way, the Whole Foods people aren't nearly as chatty as this group! :lol: )

My mom's healing nicely although she still hurts, but they told her it would take time. Other than that, same stuff, different day.

Vickie, I'm really sorry to hear about Cameo. I hope these shots do her some good -- that was a cute story about her sleeping on the bed. She was probably cold, yes, but I think she just needed some comfort too. Glad Jim's better. Our flu shots here aren't until Oct. 31 (at work that is). The towns have run out but I hear are getting more.

That's wacky stuff about the rash, Melissa. I guess the first thing people always ask is "did you change detergents recently?" Hopefully the itching will stop before the PS show or you'll be doing some extra entertainment for them!

The cruise sounds good, Frouf, and I'd go for it -- especially if you can cancel if it becomes necessary. Did we already talk about that woman who lived on a cruise ship for a couple of years? It was cheaper than a retirement home, and she had lots of food, sunshine, entertainment, and got to meet new people every week. What a life!!

http://www.snopes.com/travel/trap/retire.asp

Okay, back to work. I hope to be done here by 2:00 and am NOT working tomorrow. I'll be back later.

blessedwithsarah
10-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Happy Saturday everyone - nice to see some posts! It was such a quiet week. So glad the week is over - even though I had most of the week off from work, Friday certainly made up for it. I have a big issue to resolve on Monday - I started into it at 4:45 yesterday which I shouldn't have. Oh well, at least I know what Monday will bring. Of course I'm going pumpkin picking in the morning with dd's school. Tomorrow is the circus, which we have not said anything to sarah about. Of course oddly this morning she was talking about things to do and she asked about the circus. Odd, especially since I haven't seen any commercials.

DD is waking up now, my house is clean, groceries in and I just made a bit pot of smotherd chicken and barley. Yum. All that is left for today is a trip to the pharmacy.

Kathy, I'm glad to hear you mom is doing well. Its amazing what cardiologists can do these days and how quickly people seem to recover. I'm also thrilled for your brother and sil - are they fostering the baby or is this the start of adoption?

Frouf, I'd book the cruise. Especially if you cancel next year if you change your mind. Would you lose any $ if you did that? Where is this cruise off to?

Vickie - I'm sorry your ankle is still bothering you - what is the RICE thing?

Sandra, today is a new day. Start new! We are here for you when you need us. It must be a releif to have more family around, hopefully its not too stressful - or any more stressful than its been.

Vivian, congrats on the loss! Keep up the good work.

Well, Sarah just woke up and is trying to type a message to you all. I'll stop back later.

Froufy
10-14-2006, 08:08 PM
Hi chickie,

Home alone on a saturday night - so what kind of trouble can I get into?? :D

Melissa - how's the rash? I noticed you said you were not well all week - sometimes after a virus - the skin does react with a rash (at least it has in my kids a few times ) - so it may be nothing but that - otherwise - I agree w/new detergents or maybe something you ate?

Kathy - glad you mom is recuperating. Love the idea of retiring on a cruise ship - how cool is that?

Sandra - I was thinking of asking for my money back from the gym but not sure they would do that as they will technically be in business til Nov 24 and my membership runs out Jan 4 - guess I should start going eh?

Vickie - sounds like you and Jim are taking excellent care of Cameo and she feels comforted by your presence! Have fun w/Cindy tonight - I think watching the video is a great idea. In fact this afternoon little dd brought down the box of his baby videotapes and we had a blast watching him at 18 months old - climbing into cupboards, playing the harmonica!!!, brushing his teeth, having a bath, and breaking a supposedly unbreakable corelle bowl! He was so adorable and cute I could barely stand it! They grow up so fast!

Paula - so what was Sarah trying to type? Let her at it! :D I love going to the circus - I'm sure you will all have a great time!

As for the cruise - it seems there are not many solo cabins left w/portholes - which is my dilemma - can't imagine 2 weeks without a window? Not sure how I can make sure I get one. I am actually getting quotes (there is a great cruise site called cruisecompete dot com where they 'compete' for your business by providing quotes for specific cruises) and have found some quotes lower than booking with cruiseline as well as offering bonuses (like a $200 onboard credit!). Have to really verify the cancellation policy and just rethinking the travelling alone part of it! My new friend Ray from Vegas who I met on this last cruise is going and encouraging me to cruise with him - there is also an active 'roll call' board going on with many solo travellers so I presume I shall make friends. Yes on a 14 day voyage w/7 days at sea I will most definitely have to use the gym and curb the eating - wondering if I will finally get bored of cruising and have my fill of it? (is that even possible?)

Frouf

Katpo
10-14-2006, 08:36 PM
Frouf and Ray, sitting in a tree ... :lol: You'd better be careful that your DH doesn't start getting jealous of these sea-going jaunts of yours!!!

I was just talking to MIL and the call waiting beeped. I couldn't get a word in to go check the other call, but when I hung up, I saw it was from area code 312, which is Chicago and the surrounding area. Now it was either Vickie (doubt it, since she's hanging with Cindy tonight) or Shaun. Darn it!

We had so much food left over last night from the Mexican feast blowout, but we're going to be eating it for the next few days so I think Judd wants to go get something else tonight. We have LO chicken and beef, tortillas, chips, cheese, salsa and pico de gallo, dips, rice, beans, flautas, onions, peppers ... you name it and if it's Mexican food, it's here. I'll have to get creative so we don't get sick of it before it's all gone. AND we have four bags of meat still in the freezer. Lordy!

Okay, gotta go. I'm coming back later to veg and watch TLC so I'm sure I'll be back on.

Tejas
10-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Hi All:

Kathy, I hope 312 called back!

Froufy, I too would have trouble with no window. But, maybe you'll get one. And, of course, you'll make friends on the cruise. You'll probably be trying to find time to be alone. And, then if you do get lonely you can always send us messages.

Well, after a day of reading papers and writing, I get to do it all again tomorrow :lol:

Have a good night everyone.

Rhonda

Froufy
10-15-2006, 12:12 AM
Well - I am bored and eating chinese food and watching old black and white movies (gotta love that Sunset Boulevard and Nora Desmond with the bulging eyes!). I knew I should have gotten to the library today - need more books to read!

Dd home from the movies (okay went to see super scary movie Grudge 2 w/her friends and kept her eyes covered the whole time - says she went for the 'company' and not the movie!), little ds in bed, big ds at some concert (just called and asked us to tape the news - which means he or something he is organizing is on there?), and dh off to some jamming party one hour out of town!

So maybe some more puter games - also working on my webshots cruise pics as well.

As for Ray and I sitting in a tree - let's just say Ray is of the 'other' persuasion? If you know what I mean (nod, nod, wink, wink) and would therefore be quite safe to hang out with! I think I shall send him some goodies as well - a cd rom with our cruise pics and maybe something from the disney store as he is a HUGE mickey fan (heading to DWD end of november I believe - has a timeshare there! lucky guy!).

Also looks like cruise buddy Susan and her fiancee and aunt and uncle are in Vegas this week and Ray is having drinks with them on Monday - how cool is that???

perhaps I shall amuse myself w/finding a cheap winter holiday somwhere???

Frouf

ontarget
10-15-2006, 01:01 AM
hi, ladies. curtis' mother passed away today. she had family around her and a peaceful look on her face. we are glad her suffering is over.

rhonda, i came downstairs to be with curtis. he's watching boxing on tv so i decided to get back online. earlier today i tried on the brown dress. it doesn't fit. it's too big. at first i was upset then i decided i was happy about that. i took a 2 piece outfit out of the closet that i have had for about 10 years. i don't really know why i kept it because i thought i'd never wear it again. well, i tried it on. it fits. it's an 11/12. now that was an nsv for sure.

melissa, hello there my spotted friend. i hope you're losing that rash soon. i can imagine how uncomfortable you must be. what are you going to make at the cooking show? how are you doing on program? i did all right today. guess i'll go post my exercise and what i ate. i like your halloween smiley. it's cute.

vickie, that''s a sweet story about cameo's sleeping with you and jim last night. i guess you had a good visit with cindy. i'm glad she has you. you're a very good friend. i just opened jane's thread and am going to read it when i get finished here. jane is probably going to be a hero for a lot of us. that's an amazing loss--and what a great example of the core plan.

kathy, i'm glad your mother is improving. have you heard how shaun did on his test? that's a lot of mexican food. okay, now i'm hungry for some.

paula, i am glad you had a good week and got to do some things for yourself. that is cute about sarah asking about the circus. she's going to be one excited little lady tomorrow.

frouf, yes, you need to get to the gum. errrr i mean gym. i got up before company this am and went to w a. i did 100 minutes. i got home just as everyone was getting dressed. i'm glad i went. that helped me feel more in control again.

okay, i'm off to read jane's post and also go post my today's menu.

Katpo
10-15-2006, 10:27 AM
Sandra, I am so sorry to hear this. :hug: What a blessing though that she didn't linger for any longer. I'll be praying for you all in the coming days.

Katpo
10-15-2006, 10:29 AM
Shaun passed everything, including all the physical fitness tests and the final Battle Stations events. He is very excited and relieved.

Vickie
10-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Oh Poop...we were supposed to have a new thread today. I'll make one and move my post over!

Tejas
10-15-2006, 11:34 AM
Good Morning All:

Sandra, that's sad news from you this morning. I know that we all hope that you, Curtis and other members will find solace and peace.

On the much lighter side ;) that is good news about being able to wear the 11/12. Perhaps you can have the brown one altered.

I looked at Jane's thread. Yep, quite an inspiration. I have a very good friend who lost over 100 pounds and a colleague who lost 90. It took each of them about one year and they have maintained the loss and continue to exercise. One did Atkins and one did WW Core.

Froufy....go away :lol:

I wish I could go to the circus. Remember how magical they were as a kid? I've seen two of the Cirque de Soleil shows and you MUST go if you get a chance.

Rhonda