Support Groups - Winning Losers Week of Oct 8th - Newcomers Welcome!

Hun.e.B
10-08-2006, 02:41 AM
Hello hello! and Welcome to a new week!! We've got several challenges going on:
Fall leaf challenge
Water challenge
21-day challenge
Tour de Highway challenge
(I think thats all of them!)

Jump in and join us! We'd love to have you!

Hun.e.B
10-08-2006, 02:44 AM
Sorry I havent been around this weekend! I've literally been doing homework since I got up. I'm exhausted, going to catch a few hours before i gotta meet at the library to do some more homework!! Eating today was AWFUL!!! I need to get started on my 21 day challenge or I fear there wont be any leaves falling this week!!!

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!!

~melissa

Butterfly50
10-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Hello on this sunday. I love the books. The cook book has so many wonderful looking things that I want to try. The calorie counter is great to. Tells me everything that I would like to know about certains foods. They are having a Biggest Loser workout 2 Comming out in Dec. It is susposed to be a step up from the last one. I cant wait. I better be going Children wants breakfast. Catch you all later.

Amany
10-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Hello All!! :wave:

Just a fast hello. You all have got to see FOL today. It's a recap show. The extra scenes from NY's mom are so great. You don't want to miss them. And there's a scene from the date Flav had with Krazy and Delishes that is priceless. Krazy sang and then Flav asked Delishes if she could sing. What happens after that is priceless.

I'll be back a little later. Have a great day everyone.

Sugar-N-Spice
10-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Howdy!

Bonnie, glad you like the cookbooks and such. You'll have to try out a few recipes and let us know how you like them. Ooooo a new BL workout! I will definitely be buying it. The only thing I hope is different is that its a bit more put together in terms of the people actually being in sync. Is that too much to ask? LOL

Amanda, saw that FOL was on this morning but skipped it when I saw it was a recap. Now I'm bummed I did. lol I'm sure it'll come on a zillion times more so I'll have to catch it then. Ny's mom is about the only thing super entertaining, she is brilliant with some of the things she says..... her and NY act the same at times.

Hope the day is going well for everyone. Quiet day at home here, with football of course! Then a little play off baseball later.... good days! :) Of course I did have to watch the movie Legends Of The Falls. I don't know why I like this movie so much, but I do.

Be good!

miafluker
10-08-2006, 05:29 PM
hi everyone im not going to be able to see fol tonight we will be on the road i just wanted to say hi to everyone oh yeah something my sister in law told me made sense she lost weight not with diet plans but by working out increasing water and cutting down on her calories, so i think im going to ditch all the eating plans and do this my own way

Hun.e.B
10-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Good evening everyone! Okay I'm ready for the weekend! LOL!! sheesh too much homework this weekend not enough relaxing and enjoying the weekend! But it was kinda a last hurrah for me, not thinking about exercise or eating. Tomorrow that all ends. Every decision I make is going to be about getting healthy and getting this weight off. The pain might kill me if I dont. If I dont end up dying from something else!

I've decided to cancel my docs appt on wednesday, I'm not giving them another dime. I'm gonna lose some weight and if I'm still in pain I've got a referral from a friend to a good chiropractor. So..here we go! 40 lbs be gone! LOL!!

I watched FOL tonight...oye! Seems to me he really likes Delicious.

Bonnie...I'm glad you like your books, I really would like to check out the BL plan I just havent had the time to visit the library or a book store but I will! You'll just have to share those yummy recipes and great information with us!

Amanda...Hello :wave: I thought it was so great when Delicious sang, now that girl can sing...crazy...uh not so much! LOL!!

Danielle...I hope you had a great day!

Mia...eating less and moving more is the best route to take! The more diets we go on the more diets we fail. You are so smart in saying enough is enough and just eating right and working out! You can do it!!

Well I'm off to bed! Have a wonderful Monday everyone!! If it gets much more quiet around here we may have to just go to monthly threads! If you are reading this...come out and play!!

~melissa

CartersMama
10-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Good morning ladies! I hope everyone had a great weekend! I wasnt on this weekend, I was out of town and will be again this next weekend. woo! I was at my parents house, helping them have a garage sale, I took a few things up there and made a few bucks! YAY! We went out to dinner for Dh's bday and I passed on dessert! AND.. the night before my mom made some dessert and I told her not to put a lot of whip cream on mine and she brought it to me covered. um okay. So I took it all off! I went to the store last night and bought stuff to make dinner this week. Ususally we wait till that day to go to the store or eat out. I need to get a walk in today, I didnt get any excercise in this weekend.

I got a fitness mag last night and it had something in there that stuck with me, but I am sure you ladies all know this, but I thought I would say it again.

You cant gain weight from one slip up day, but if you make slipping up a habbit then you will.

So dont worry if you slip up here and there!! Its okay! ;)

Melissa, I hope you are able to push through the pain! Have you talked to another dr yet? I hope they are able to figure out what is going on.

Bonnie, you got the books so fast! That is great! Make some food up and tell us if its yummers!!

Amanda, not much of a FOL watcher here. He scares me! But I have seen clips of it and it looks funny!

Danielle, Hope you had fun this weekend! So many sports were on, how does one pick? I have not seen Legends.. but two words: Brad Pitt.

Mia, that is my new plan of attack too! Did your SIL loose a lot by doing that as well?

Okay.. I need to get some things done before little man wakes up! Have a great day!!!!

Amany
10-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Amanda, saw that FOL was on this morning but skipped it when I saw it was a recap. Now I'm bummed I did. lol I'm sure it'll come on a zillion times more so I'll have to catch it then. Ny's mom is about the only thing super entertaining, she is brilliant with some of the things she says..... her and NY act the same at times.... Of course I did have to watch the movie Legends Of The Falls. I don't know why I like this movie so much, but I do.

Hi Danielle. I hope you got chance to see FOL. It was worth a gander.
I've heard of Legends of the Fall. What's it about?

hi everyone im not going to be able to see fol tonight we will be on the road i just wanted to say hi to everyone oh yeah something my sister in law told me made sense she lost weight not with diet plans but by working out increasing water and cutting down on her calories, so i think im going to ditch all the eating plans and do this my own way

By the time you see this you'll be home. I hope the trip was enjoyable.
I think you should definitely ditch the plans and do your own thing. Make it as livable as possible for yourself. Incorporate whatever good and doable things the plans offered and ditch the rest. Good for you for ditching the plans! :bravo:

Okay I'm ready for the weekend! LOL!! sheesh too much homework this weekend not enough relaxing and enjoying the weekend! But it was kinda a last hurrah for me, not thinking about exercise or eating. Tomorrow that all ends. Every decision I make is going to be about getting healthy and getting this weight off. The pain might kill me if I dont. If I dont end up dying from something else!

I've decided to cancel my docs appt on wednesday, I'm not giving them another dime. I'm gonna lose some weight and if I'm still in pain I've got a referral from a friend to a good chiropractor. So..here we go! 40 lbs be gone! LOL!!... Amanda...Hello :wave: I thought it was so great when Delicious sang, now that girl can sing...crazy...uh not so much! LOL!!

Hey, at least you sacrified the weekend for a good cause ;).
Yeah, this weight things is serious. All this diabetes, hypertension and heart disease isn't necessary. Oftentimes those diseases are controllable. Even preventable. But we must do what's necessary.
I love the way you're taking responsibility for your health. More people should. I think posting here is helping all of us in that area.
That moment when Delicious (I won't attempt the FOL spelling anymore :lol:) sang was great!! Did you see that little smirk Krazy gave her before she stood up to sing? And then the look on her face after she sang?? Priceless!!! :lol3:

We went out to dinner for Dh's bday and I passed on dessert! AND.. the night before my mom made some dessert and I told her not to put a lot of whip cream on mine and she brought it to me covered. um okay. So I took it all off!
Amanda, not much of a FOL watcher here. He scares me! But I have seen clips of it and it looks funny!

WTG with the desserts. :D You did good girlie!
:lol: I guess I could see how Flav would seem a bit frigtening I have to admit, though, that he's the type I'd love to have at a party. It just seems like he'd be so much fun.

I spoke to a friend of mine from MS yesterday. Back in July she told me that she'd been diagnosed with Diabetes and that she was having problems with her kidneys. So we were discussing our progress last night and could tell by what she didn't say that she hadn't really made any. BUT she was telling me about these ice cream fudge bars made with Splenda that are 60 cals a piece. So she can eat the whole box and not feel guilty. She also mentioned that her medication makes her vomit.
I told her that through journaling and paying attention while I'm eating, I've learned that this weight loss thing is two part: 1. Making a decision to exercise and eat the right things. 2. Consciously deciding not to give in to the the compulsion to overeat. Even the healthier stuff. I explained to her how I really have to reign myself in and how difficult it can be. I figured maybe telling her about my weaknesses would be softer than just saying, "You are not dealing with your compulsive eating!!" She blew it off as upbringing.
I'm not judging her. I just understand what she's dealing with. Between posting here and journaling, I've been able to do a lot of the mental work. I've made a lot of discoveries and was trying to share those things with her. I have a bad, bad feeling she's going to keep that weight on and never get off her meds. Her doctor told her she could safely go off them when she loses weight. I really hope I'm wrong.

Anyway, I have to get back to work. Talk to you lovelies later. :wave:

Sugar-N-Spice
10-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Happy day to you all!! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! I was ever so grateful to see Monday roll around, I was ready to tie my kids up! lol The arguing and bickering gets very tedious and tiresome. And just think, they're just barely headed into their teen years!! Woo hoo for me!! lol I think if I heard one more, "moooooommmmmm"!!! I woulda strangled myself! :p

Mia, sounds like you have made a good decision for yourself. Sometimes all we need is simple to make things work. Good luck to ya.

Melissa, I am so hopeful for you in that with weight loss will come relief for your leg. I can certainly understand you not wanting to go back to them after their treatment of you and all. Good thing about the chripractor on stand by. You can do this!!! I am waving my magic wand for you....<<< 40lbs be gone! >>>

Stacia, I'm glad you had such a great weekend. Great job on the food trials too!! You done good chicky! Yes, it does make watching Legends much more enjoyable with Brad in it! Hubba hubba. :D Meet Joe Black is another fave of mine with him in it.

Amanda, didnt get to see FOL yet, but I'll be watching for it. Sounds pretty crazy!
I'm sorry to hear about your friend and her health problems. Hopefully she'll have had some time to reflect and realize that her approach is not going to get her off her meds any time soon and could potentially make her sicker. You've come so far in your journey already, really thinking and being honest with yourself about your struggles and your goals. All you can be is a source of inspiration for her now, and maybe one day she'll see the light. It's great that you were there to talk to her.

Ladies have a great day!

lovethatsara
10-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Okay, so yesterday I was in a mood, one that I only think of being in when I'm skinny. Yesterday I felt the need to look for cute clothes for one size smaller than I am now. Why? I didn't buy anything because payday isnt til friday but I just wanted to feel cute.

I hope you girls have a wonderful day and I'll check back in later on!

Butterfly50
10-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Hello ladies on this monday morning. Not alot going on for me I ahve went to the BL Cookbook and wrote somethings down then I went to the store and scoped them all out to get aprice range on things. Most of it is simple. I am having trouble finding some ground pork. I would like to make some sausage but I cant find any.I could grind some myself even though I have never done it before I have the grinder. I did pick me up one of those Pani sandwiches from lean Cuisine. It was wonderful. Chicken, Spinach, Mushrooms on a taosted Bun. It grills it in your own Microwave. I threw some carrots on the side and their was lunch. Boy was it good.
I bought me some ground turkey and I weighed me out 4 ounces and made me a load of Bugers and wrapped them and threw them in the freezer. I am hoping that I can get some good things and hopefully before long get my whole family in on it.

I found this great bread today. The BL books says buy whole grain or wheat bread preferabley light . I found that Pepperidge Farms has a light 7 Grain bread it was 3 Dollars a loaf but it says serving size of 3 slices are 130 calories . or it is 45 calories a slice . I am going to give it a try. well I better be getting on the move I have lots to do before the kids get home from school. Catch you all later.

Sugar-N-Spice
10-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Hi Sara! :wave: I don't see anything wrong with buying something smaller as incentive. At all! That is the best progress you could show yourself, getting into smaller clothing sizes instead of using the scale as a gauge. I hope that you will get something soon and show us! We're all behind you, Sarah. You can do it!!!

Bonnie, you have been a busy bee with that BL, haven't you? I'm glad that you are finding stuff that will suit your family. The lean cuisine panini's are one of my dh's fave lunches, so glad you like! Food really doesnt have to be loaded down with all that fat does it? Hey, if you wouldn't mind? Could you post maybe a sample menu for a day and calorie count? Am super curious to see how you do it.

♥ danielle

CartersMama
10-09-2006, 03:45 PM
I spoke too soon today. Argh. I am sick. I dont know if its the flu or something I ate. Dh said he threw up today too, so I am thinking it is the food thing. And.. Carter woke up with a cold. ger. So no walk today. I did make it to the store again to get stuff I forgot. Carter and I came home and he is now napping. Something I need to be doing as well. Talk to you ladies soon. I hope you all are having a better day then I am! :(

miafluker
10-09-2006, 04:10 PM
hi everyone how are you im back home today so i have the high speed internet :carrot: but i leave for new orleans again tomorrow so back to dial up:mad: guys im going through so many emotions i know this move is best for us but this is my husband and i first home since we got married and im so sad to leave it but we live in a military town and if your not military its not that much out there for us... my hubby says im scared of change and i know its true but when im comfortable thats how i like to stay anyways i didnt gain too much so thats a good thing
butterfly i have the sarah lee whole grain white bread and the sarah lee whole grain english muffins i cant tell the difference it taste great i have got to get that bl book

Sugar-N-Spice
10-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Stacia, I'm so sorry you guys are all not feeling well!!! That really stinks. Hopefully with some rest and lots of fluids you guys will all be back to tip-top shape in not time. Hey, I just noticed where you're from! I grew up inland in Escondido. I worked for years in Encinitas though and lived in La Costa when I moved out on my own. Beautiful country out there!! Lucky girl. Take care and let us know how you're doing. Exercise will be there when you're well, for now take care of you and yours.

Mia, glad you guys got in safely. Wow, a turn around trip back to NO? You guys have a place to live already? You guys move fast, don't you? LOL I hope everything goes smoothly for you and DH. Change can be scary, but sometimes the surprises can be worth it! Stay safe!

Hun.e.B
10-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Good afternoon everyone!! Another day full of homework for me, just when I think I'm done...nope I'm not!! That project was enough to kill me! I think I'm done with it though so I can move on to studying for my exam.

My goal was to get some exercise in today but I havent done it yet. Might just have to hop on that ol elliptical while I watcht the bronco game tonight. Food wise I've been great but a little slow on the water because I'm so cold!! Didnt start my 21 day challenge yet, I need to figure that out I just didnt have the time to sit down and look at it this weekend. Excuses huh?

Stacia...I'm sorry you are sick!! Ugh! And all 3 of you too, not good! You really do need to get that rest when you can so that you can have some energy to take care of Carter. Be good to you!! I hope you all feel better very soon!

Mia...thats a big move, you are bound to feel all kinds of emotions over it. You just have to find a better outlet than eating for working through those emotions. A very hard thing to do I know but we can do it!!

Bonnie...I saw you were the BL!! Way to go!! I really gotta find the time to check out that book! You are just doing so great! Keep it up!

Sara...aww I wanna look cute too! You should keep that up, plus new clothes always make me feel really good, even a cheapy tshirt does.

Danielle...we were chalk full of teen moments here this weekend! Ugh I dont envy you dealing with almost 3 of em!! You deserve a medal and a vacation! LOL!! keep waving that magic wand woman I've got more than 40 that need to go! LOL!

Amanda...I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Journalling is such a huge key to weight loss you find out so much about your self. Some of those things...well most of em really....you just gotta figure them out for yourself. Hopefully your friend can find journalling.

Errands time!! My fave! NOT!! I hope everyone is having a wonderful afternoon!! Think about your goals when making your choices! You deserve the payoffs!

~melissa

Hun.e.B
10-09-2006, 11:45 PM
well this doesnt look very good, hope everything is okay with everyone. We lost our support group it seems.

miafluker
10-10-2006, 09:26 AM
well this doesnt look very good, hope everything is okay with everyone. We lost our support group it seems.

Mel never i know everyone is probably busy i hope to never lose you guys:?:
im packing to get back on the road so ill check in tomorrow morning because we wont be back in new orleans until after 12am now all i have to do is get my mil to get high speed
how is everyone? i got the new turbo jam tapes it looks great i cant wait to do them they gave me some coupon codes i think they can be used on the videos ill have to check but if anyone wants to get a turbo jam video they have 2 packages that is for like 26.00 its not the whole package i cant afford those they are like 120.00 but the 26.00 comes with 2 videos i can email the code for 15% off
the tapes i just recieved i got for 10.80 because i had a 25.00 off coupon so i paid 4.00 for the video and 6 in shipping
anyway see you guys tomorrow wed will be my first day on the 21 challenge

Butterfly50
10-10-2006, 09:54 AM
Jest shooot me right now Please! I have eaten almost a whole box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I blame it all on tom why do women have to suffer this way? I have been feeling crappy and off the wall the last few days and it is all his fault. I wish they had a better way for women to not have to suffer at this time of the month. I will recover and I know I will have to loose a few more pounds because of him but I am goingto come up with a defense against him somehow.

Danielle here is a sample of what I eat.

Breakfast
1 pk weight control oatmeal 160 calories
1/2 cup yogurt 100
1 apple 80
-----------
340 calories

Lunch
8 oz chicken 240
18 raw baby carrots 70
1/2 cup brown rice 150
------------

Snack
4 oz chicken breast 120
1 Apple 80
--------------------

Dinner
4 Oz chicken breast 120
2 Cups frozen mixed veggies 50
1/2 cup Brown rice 150
---------------

snack
1/2 cup Cottage cheese 60
Apple 80
-------------

Total 1460 Calories
I am susposed to have 1897 that leaves me tataol of 437 calories not used But I have a 200 calories for condiments so that takes it to 237 unsed calories. I am thinking of trying difffernt fish. ??? I am not sure right now. I have chicekn breast and I usually bake it the veggies are the broccoli and cauliflower mix. In the BL book. To find how many calories you are to eat you Take your weight. If you are under 150 pounds you use 150 if you are over 300 you use 300 but as for me I took 271 pounds and then times it by 7 and you have 1897 and thats how many calories I should have daily. As you loose weight you recalculate your calories and arrage your meals and it keeps your body changing less likely to hit a plaetu . i usually exercise for 2 hrs a day. I hope this helps.

Hun.e.B
10-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Good Morning everyone!! I was so good yesterday!! The broncos played monday night football and normally that would mean snacks galore and bad eating but I did great!! Granted we had chicken quesadillas for dinner but I only had one and then instead of chips and dip or wings or pizza rolls or all that other crap we usually have I snacked on some craisins and had my water. Then towards the end of the night I thought I was gonna cheat myself and have a pudding cup. Little did I realize that I had gotten the no sugar added pudding...so no cheat afterall!! I even got a little walk in yesterday when our dog ran away. Just around the block but it was something right!! So I'm off to make better choices today again!! I just might break that 240 barrier yet!

Mia...you wont lose me!! Support is too important in my journey so I wont be going anywhere! Have a safe trip and good luck on your 21 days!! I havent started that yet! maybe I should!!

Bonnie..put the donuts down and move away from the box!!! I dunno who it was that invented those evil things but they should be strung up!! they arent worth it, all your hard work! Thanks for posting your daily menu. I could do that, although I'm not so sure about a lb of chicken a day! LOL I might sprout feathers!!

Well it froze last night which means I gotta scrape windows! I really should get my garage cleaned out so I can start parking in there again! Have a wonderful day everyone!! make good choices and NO EXCUSES!! We can do it!

~melissa

Butterfly50
10-10-2006, 10:26 AM
This is what the BL book sujest that you should eat on the BL diet.

Fruit servingssize, 1 Cup or 1 medium piece,8 oz
Choose these to lose
Apple,Banana,Apricot,blackberries,blueberries,Cher ries,Cranberries,Grapefruit,Grapes,Guava, Kiwifruit,Mango, Melon All, Nectarine, Orange, Papaya, Peach,Pear, Persimmons, Pineapple,plantation,Plum, Pomegranate,Raspberries, Strawberries, Tangerines, Watermelon.

Veggie servings size 1 Cup or 8 Ounces

Choose these to lose
Artichokes, Asparagus, Bamboo shoots, Beans geen and yellow, beetgreens, Beets, Bell peppers, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts,Cabbage, Carrots, cauliflower, Celery, Collards Greens, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Kale, Kohlrabi, Leeks, LettuceAll,Wintersquash,Mushrooms, Mustard greens, okra,Onions,Palmhearts, Parsely,Peas,Peppers All, Pumpkin, radishes,shallots,spinach,sprouts,Summer squash, Sweet potatoes, swiss chard,tomatillos, tomatoes,turnipsgreens,turnips,waterchestnuts, watercress,yams, zucchini,

Protein Animal serving size 1 cup or 8 oz

Any Beef , pork,veal,labeled 95% lean
Chicken, White meat, turkey, egg whites ,fish any type, shell fish Any, salmon, sardines ,water packed, herring ,mackerel ,trout, tuna

Vegetarin Protein 1 cup or 8 oz

Beans Legumes, Black beans,broad beans , chickpeas,edamame,greatnorthen beans,kidney beans,lentils, lima, navy,pinto, split pea, whitebeans and so forth, Miso soybeans soy bacon soy or veggie burgers soy hot dogs and other natural soy products temphe tofu

Low fat Diary Protein 1 Cup or 8 oz
Buttermilk, Lowfat 1% Milk, Skim or Fat Free, Soy MIlk, Yogurt Plain no added fruit , Reduced fat cottage cheese.

Bread serving size 2 slices Preferabily light , 1 whole grain bun or roll , 2 light wasa flatbreads, 1 whole wheat flour tortilllia. Choose breads around 45 calories a slice.
Ezekil , Wasa, Wholewheat buns, whole wheat Pitas,Whole wheat tortillias, wholewheat dinner roll,
Serving Size 1 cup cooked
Barley, Brownrice,Creamof rice, Creamof wheat,Millet, Oatbran,Quinona, Rolled Oats, Whole wheat cereals whole wheat pasta, wild rice, Types of cold cereals Kashi go lean Fiber one all bran.

The extra your 200 Calories Buget
Fats oils spread, olive3 oil, canola oil,flaxseed, walnut oil, reduced fat , fat free, salad dressings and mayo, Reduced fat peanut butter and but butter, Sugar free Desserts and sweets, Sugar free fat free puddings and gelatins,Rdeuced calories jams, jellies,syrups,Sugar free Popsicles and fudgsides, sugarfree, fat free whipped toppings. Reduced fat or fat free cheese, fat free sour cream
Condiments and sauces
Low calories BBQ sauce, reduced sodium broth or bouillions,Low calorie catsup, chili sauce, cocktail sauce, horseradish,mustard, picante sauce, salsa, litsoy sauce, tabasco sauce, tomato paste, t sauce, worchestershire sauce Others, Avacado, nuts and seeds, olives, pickles unsweetened varities

Butterfly50
10-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Melissa no problem I wont go their again. Its not worth it. Well I have decide that since tom is here this week I will not weigh in tomorrow The scale this morning said I gained 2 1/2 pounds but its hopefully tom.

Amany
10-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Fear not Melissa! I think our group is still intact. Probably just scattered, busy and overwhelmed. I can't speak for everyone else, but I find it difficult to get my bearings this time of year. I won't be normal until sometime in mid November. :) Plus, losing Aqua Chick left a huge gap. We could get three new members and no one could take her place. But if there are three people lurking right now, please don't hesitate to join us!!! :lol: :)
Melissa, you did a great job with the eating last night. You made good choices and used moderation. In my opinion that's major. We will conquer this weight issue one small change at a time.

Bonnie - Don't let the Krispy Kreme slip get you down. As Stacia pointed out yesterday, we can easily recover from one infraction. Besides, if you're gonna cheat, at least you had the good stuff. Krispy Kremes are great. At least you didn't waste your time with that those dried out, ready to go stale super market donuts. :) It's ok, Hon. You're still golden. :hug:

Mia - I'm so excited for you. I hope you love life in New Orleans. This winter while I'm freezing in Michigan, you'll have to give me weather reports. ;)

Stacia - I hope you feel better soon. Take good care of yourself.

Danielle I hate that you're 3 hours behind me! I have to wait until doggone near mid day to see your posts! I live for them. :) I hope have a fantastic day.

I've decided just to pray for my friend and hope for the absolute best for her. We were roommates 13 years ago when I went to school in Arkansas. After I left we lost touch for about 5 years and then kept in touch via mail and phone calls. Sometimes I'd meet her when she would attend the Baptist Conventions every year. I had been planning to meet her in St Louis next summer.
Yesterday I thought about some comments she'd made over the years and even some things that she said when we were roommates. She had said some other things during our phone conversation that I hadn't mentioned yesterday. Long story short, I think she was trying to put me on the defensive. She can be a really, really nice person, but she also tends to be an unhappy person. And she puts herself in unhappy situations. So maybe I just seemed to be too happy the other day. Who knows? :shrug: At any rate, I hope she's able to improve her health. Other than that I'm wondering if I need to rethink our friendship. On the one hand she's a lot of fun. On the other hand, she seems to prefer it when other people are not too happy.
I forgot that when we'd gotten back in touch with one another that I really hadn't been involved with anyone. In fact, before I met my husband, I had only date one person in six years. That was a very brief two month thing right before I met him. She had a miserable seven year relationship with her husband and then married him last year. I happened to mention that my husband and I were going to do our ceremony over with a minister this time and she made a somewhat of snippy comment.
I also shared with her that we want to leave Detroit in a few years. If you can read a newspaper or watch television, you know that Detroit is an awful place to live. Raising children here is completely out of the question. The sad thing is that we live in one of the better parts of the city. Her response: "It's bad everywhere.". Ok...
So yesterday I remembered comments she made years ago about people who were better off than she was. If a person was able to afford something that she couldn't, she was say things like she wished God would show that person what is was like to struggle. She lives in a part of Mississippi that was heavily affected by the hurricanes last year. She said that she was glad that the wealthier people there had to see what it was like to be on the same level as poor people. It's like she resents people for doing well. The kicker is that she has an electrical engineering degree. She's never used it though. Where she lives the chances of her getting to use it are very slim.
So, like I said, I wish her the best but I'm starting to reconsider our friendship. I'm at least reconsidering if I want to spend my vacation time being punished for being happy. I think the Baptist convention is supposed to be in Detroit in 2008 or 2009. Maybe I'll see her then instead. If I'm still here.

Anyway, I guess I should get at least a tiny bit of work done today. I'll try to check in later. :wave:

CartersMama
10-10-2006, 11:43 AM
:wave: Still here, and still sick. I think I am worse today. I have the head cold thing and a tummy thing going on and I cant take the day off! That sucks about being a SAHM. You can never really call in. I might have to call DH to see if he can come home early, but I doubt he will be able to since we are supposed to be leaving on friday and he is taking time off then. argh.

Eating going well, even if it is coming back up. No energy to go to the gym. boo.

Talk to you lovelies later!

iwantnewpants
10-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Hi Guys! Good morning to everyone! I keep thinking it's Monday, but really it's Tuesday. How odd?

I've been MIA -- I was in New York....and I had the great pleasure of running into NY while I was there! Okay, just kidding, but I thought that would be funny. I, shockingly, wasn't too bad when I was in NY and was able to squeeze in two trips to the gym with my firend. Hooray!

I didn't have time to get caught up on everything from last week, but I think I'm in the loop for this week.

Shoutouts.....

Amanda: You've definitely got the right idea in terms of weight loss. I don't really even call it dieting anymore, because that suggests that it is for a finite period of time. It's really a lifestyle change. I have a friend who has several health problems related to her weight......and she does the same thing that your friend does. It makes me really sad. But change in those two has to come from within.

Danielle: Good to see you lady! You'll get the old challenges in place and figure out how to fit everything in your schedule!

Bonnie: Step away from the Crispy Cremes! Just teasing.....I think you have a great attitude about your slip up. And you are on such good pace right now that I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time.

Mia: Yeah, I can't get over how quickly you guys were able to move. Change is one of the most difficult things but certainly one of the most rewarding......you guys will get settled in and things will be great. Hang in there.

Melissa: Man, homework central. And why is it that I want to go back to school? Hardee har har.

Stacia: Oh! I hope you feel better! That's terrible that you are all sick.

Sara: Good for you! I think you've inspired me to look at "skinny" clothes today! I love that idea.

Alright gals, I also have piles of work to catch up on. Everyone have a good day and stay strong strong strong!

Liz :carrot:

sapphire35
10-10-2006, 01:18 PM
HEY GIRLS!!!

I'm not gone, I just got back from Mississippi we had the funeral to go to. Everything went okay it was a long trip.

I glad you ladies will be joining me on the 21 day challenge. I starting over now that i'm back. i will start tomorrow morning. I couldn't do it all on the trip we drove for 7 hours.

Amanda I missed FOL the other night. I'm sure that was a real riot.

All you ladies are doing good with your eating habits, calorie intake, and diets.

I tried to eat a burger while on the trip anc couldn't even eat the thing. That made me feel good.

Amany
10-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Liz & Trish, I'm glad you both made it back safely. :grouphug:
Sorry to hear of the lost loved one Trish.
Liz, did you bring back the knock-off handbag and Fat Witch brownie I requested??!!! I've been waiting and waiting...

Amany
10-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Hey, does anyone remember BodyFlex? I might give it another try in the evenings if I can find my old tapes. Well, if I can get through it without my husband laughing. I have feeling he will... :devil:
I was reading about some people doing it on another thread. They said it works for them. When I was doing it before, I didn't give it enough of a chance.

sapphire35
10-10-2006, 05:35 PM
Amanda i don't remember the bodyflex tape. But it sounds like bowflex the machine. How hard is it. Everyone keeps talking about the turbo jam tape. I might just have to get that.

Hey amanda i have a sister -n-law like your friend. Its kinda like there the only ones that can have good news. when you tell them yours good news, they just kinda blow it off like it was unsaid. Or they have something slightly negative to say. there are days i'd like to just rip this girls eyeballs out. :D

Hi Bonnie, Melissa, and Mia it sounds like you all are ready for the 21 day challenge, come on lets get this party started tomorrow. :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Stacia you get your self and your family better so you can join us on this 21 day challenge. I hate being sick.

Mia man you guys didn't waste anytime with that move. Again congratulations!! Moving is hard work and organizing all over again. I Will admit I do like fixing up the new place all over again. your getting plenty of exercise just moving. Now just make sure you eat right along with that.

Hi Liz, it sounds like you had wonderful time. :p

Hi Britt :)
You guys what to know what really bugs me when i'am working out? not being able to touch my toes. That literally drives me nuts :mad:. I take that sculpting class at the gym and the girl is always telling them to stretch and touch there toes, that is something that just urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrks me. I want to be able to do that. lol

Amany
10-10-2006, 06:24 PM
Amanda i don't remember the bodyflex tape. But it sounds like bowflex the machine. How hard is it. Everyone keeps talking about the turbo jam tape. I might just have to get that.

Hey amanda i have a sister -n-law like your friend. Its kinda like there the only ones that can have good news. when you tell them yours good news, they just kinda blow it off like it was unsaid. Or they have something slightly negative to say. there are days i'd like to just rip this girls eyeballs out. :D

Hey there lady.
BodyFlex is breathing and stretching. It's really weird though and if anyone sees (or hears) you doing it, they'll laugh at you. :dizzy:

As far as my friend and your SIL, I guess we all have at least one person in our lives like that, don't we? Oh well...
There's this HBO Special called the Pimp Chronicles by Katt Williams. Yes, it's extremely raunchy and inappropriate, but it's the funniest thing I've seen in a long, long time. Anyway, my friend reminded my husband of what Katt Williams was saying about haters. He said to leave them alone. It's their job to hate. If you have two haters this year, your goal should be to get a few more before next summer. :lol:

I wanted to share this link with you ladies. It's an infomercial review. It might be a good idea to take a gander at it before ordering something we see on television at 3 o'clock in the morning. :)

http://www.fitnessinfomercialreview.com

Butterfly50
10-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Man some one is getting back at me for the doughnuts believe me I have done nothing but sneeze all day and my nose run. hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Sugar-N-Spice
10-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Get a DOG! LOL Seriously girls. Dh brought me home a dog last night! One of his bosses was looking for a good home for one of his boxer's and I guess we were it. We had been talking of getting a dog for years now but just never really ever got the ball rolling, or the timing wasn't right, just always something. Dh surprised me last night with this little guy. Well. He's not so little! He's an 80lb 2 year old who's just as precious as can be with his big ole floppy ears. Needless to say last night was a little rough, what with him just barely showing up here at 10pm and all! But he's done beautifully all day long as we've gotten acquainted. Can you believe that I've done more walking in the last 24hrs than the last year! LOL Its been nice to have a "reason" to be outside for a while. So yep, that's where I've been all day, dealing with little dude.

Miracle of miracles, I haven't had time to obsess about food either! If I'd have known that this would 'cure' it, I woulda found a dog sooner! lol Its been nice to know that I have only consumed less than 1,000cal and it's barely 4pm! Go me! :D

I hate to do this, but I'm gonna make personals sorta short for the moment. I've got tons to do, but I couldn't show up here and not acknowledge all you super women.

Mia, be safe! Enjoy TJ, I hear it's fabu!!

Bonnie, what a sweetheart. Thank you for taking the time to post all that stuff about BL diet. I've got it printed off and will read thru it when I get a free moment. This plan really agrees with you and to say that I am beyond thrilled is an understatement!

Amanda, awww you're such a sweetheart! I'm glad someone is waiting to hear from me! ;) Your decision for prayer regarding your friend is probably the best thing you can do for her at this point. She is one of those people that has huge tendancies for toxicity and you don't need that! Can only hope that one day she wakes up and realizes what a not-so-very-nice person she can be sometimes. BTW, I caught the recap episode of FOL. Oh good Lord is NY's mom over the top!!! The very end, when she turns around to get her daughter. ... Priceless! lol He really seems taken with Deliscious tho, doesn't he? I think there's just more physical attraction with NY and that's what keeps her there. One day, lets hope this man can find some happiness! I have heard of Bodyflex but never tried it. I would figure it wouldn't be any stranger than doing Calanetics. LOL When I first heard of that I thought it was pretty weird....but yanno what.....it gets results! So, may be well worth the effort there chicky!

Liz, howdy chick! Somethin tells me that if you did meet up with NY, she'd have prolly taken a nekkid train ride with ya? :D Glad you had a great time!!!

Trish, you will be touching your toes before you know it!!! Just keep with the great stretch routines and weight lifting and you'll be amazed at how long and lean your muscles will be! And we want pictures when you can finally do it! LOL

Mel, I am SO proud of you for staying in control during football last night. I thought about you during the game and crossed my fingers that everything was going well for you. So glad it did!!! Today will be another success no doubt!!! Any kind of walking is better than nothing! Of course, I've been dragged all over this complex all day long so maybe I'm just crazy! LOL

Stacia, I hope your family is feeling better tonight! :hug:

Well guys, I gotta bolt! Have a great evening and I will check on you all in a bit!

♥ danielle

Hun.e.B
10-10-2006, 11:25 PM
Good evening everyone!! I'll save my good news for the end! LOL!!

Amanda....I've dealt with people like that, never have anything nice or positive to say and no matter what you say they gotta cut it down. Oh that bugs me!! I think you are taking the right road with this. They say misery loves company, but you dont have to go there with her.

Hi Stacia...I'm sorry the sickies still got ya! I hope you are taking care of yourself! its hard when you are the mom and gotta do it all but you gotta take care of you too!! Feel better very soon!! We miss you!

Liz...welcome back!!! I'd love to go to ny some day, my dream is to go around christmas time. All the movies make it seem so magical I'd love to experience that just once. I like to complain about the homework but in reality I love it, well...not love! but i'd be a student forever if I could get paid for it! LOL!!

Trish!!...there you are!! I'm so sorry to hear the reasons for your being away. I'm ready to start that 21 day challenge with you. I'm starting it tomorrow. Mia was starting wednesday too! I'll post that stuff up tomorrow.

Danielle....yay!!!! You finally got your doggie!! I'm so excited for you! What did you name the lil dude? Its just like having a toddler again isnt it! LOL!! I hope he helps whip your tush back into shape!!

Okay now for my good news...drumroll please!! We ordered pizza tonight for dinner. I had 3 pieces!! Now some may not see this as a victory but I usually have at least half a pie easy, and I stopped! 2 of my slices were thin crust with no meat just veggies, and 1 slice of pepperoni. I'm so proud of myself. I wanted more trust me! I just kept telling myself no, you dont need it. Its not gonna help you reach your goals. And i've avoided it!!!! I am just so proud of myself for tonights victory I could scream!

So wanna hear something awful of me? What has kept me on the straight and narrow this past 2 days is the fact that my mother now weighs less than me. Shes kicked butt and lost like 40 lbs so far and I will never take that away from her...but I just cannot live with myself knowing I'm bigger than her now! She's always been a bigger woman and now I'm bigger!!! I cant have it!! Shes like 25-30 lbs lighter than me now! so she is my drive. Not very nice of me but thats the story none the less. That and I'm really disgusted in how I look lately. I mean awful! I dont do fat well.

Okay, I'm rambling away and I need to be studying. I've got 2 exams tomorrow! So I may not check in till later in the afternoon. have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!!!

~melissa

sapphire35
10-11-2006, 11:26 AM
GOODMORNING LADIES :coffee:

Whats going on today, CALLING all the 21 day challenge group. I got started this morning I hope you girls are doing the same.

Melissa: great job on the pizza. :woohoo: its always nice when we jumped those hugh hurdles. i'm proud of you. :hug: Our mothers always seem to whined up being our inspirations don't they.:D

Danielle: dogs are a lot of work, have fun with your new buddy. I have so many and something always happens to them. So my H says i can never have another one. Good job on the calories, although i do hope you added a little more before the end of day.

Amanda; that HBO special sounds like pimps and ho's or taxi cab confession. I get hooked on all that crap, because there fun to watch.

:drill: Already ladies we have alot of challenges on this thread as Melissa listed in the beginning of this week thread. By the way melissa thanks for started the thread this week also. Lets get going on these challenges especially the water and the tour de highway. :running:, :exercise:, :bike2:,and :woops: Lets knock out some miles this week while we drink a ton of water on the way.

21 day challenge

72 ounces of water a day - 3 pauses
100 crunches a day- 0 pauses (level 1)-done
1400 calories a day - 3 pauses (level 3)

I will have completed the other 2 by the end of the day.

Sugar-N-Spice
10-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Happy hump day ladies!! Can you believe another week is half way gone! That holiday season is in a big ol' rush to get here, isn't it?

Had a great night with the dog. You guys, it's hilarious, his name is Scooby. No kidding. He does look alot like the cartoon dog and is just as goofy. lol Dh doesn't want to change his name so Scooby it is. :rolleyes: The kids love him and he is adorable with them already. I think he's just what I needed! :)

Melissa, I am SO incredibly proud of you!!! You did a great job with that pizza. Who could ask for anything better than to know that YOU were in control. Goody for you!! Yes! It is alot like having a toddler again, but yanno what? I think I was more than ready for it. He's so funny and has really lightened my mood already. He definitely gives me a good walk! lol I swear, my hips and the back of my thighs are sore because I have to walk so fast to keep up with him. I've already been out with him today for a bit and feel really good. I think it's getting that fresh air several times a day that is really helping my mood and makes me feel refreshed. Looking forward to hearing some more good things from you today! You're doing it!!!

Bonnie, I hope the sneezies have left you! Ugh Krispy Kreme is the devil. :devil: We had one around the corner from us. However dh informs me that it looks like they're closing it. Thank God! LOL

Trish, best of luck on your challenges today. You can do it! Yep, dogs are alot of work but I've wanted one for forever so I was willing to work hard. That is the only one thing I'm terrified of is something happening to him, getting sick, etc. I am already such a mother hen to my 3 kids...now just 1 more to worry about! lol Yes, I did have more calories last night after I posted. I think I ended up with about 1600 by the time I finished dinner and a snack.

Well guys, I don't know about you but I am looking forward to another great food day. I have had my brekky and about 60oz of water already. Having my new buddy is helping me to move alittle bit more than I had been so that's a plus. I also really think that by having to get out there with him is improving my moods greatly and not feel so down & depressed. Having the better feelings will definitely help get me to my goals.

Have an awesome day everyone!

CartersMama
10-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Good afternoon ladies! I am just coming by to say "HI" really quick.
I am still sick. Carter woke up today and said "I play, park" so.. I had to get him out of the house or we were going to have some major cabin fever going on here. We went to get a bagel. Those darn things. They have the pumpkin ones out. I live for this time of year with pumpkin flavored things. Oh and it was oh so yummy. We went to the park afterwards, and I am going to go to spin tonight no matter how crappy I am feeling. I am in a wedding in sept, and just got an invite to the engagement party......um in 2 weeks. I am MOH, you would think I would have known about this right?? So now I need to find an outfit.

Hope everyone is doing great! Bonnie, I sorry to hear you arent feeling good! I hope you dont have what we all have here!! I guess this crap is going around!

Danielle, yay for the dog! I have always wanted a boxer!!

Melissa, great job on the pizza!!

I know I am forgetting stuff.. forgive me. I need a nap. :dizzy: Oh but one good thing.. and I know this is a fluke. I got on the scale this morning right when I woke up and it said 161! I know its just because I am sick, but damn! It was great to see that!

Amany
10-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Hello Lovelies. I'm sorry, but I've got to be really quick...

Trish - Katt Williams' Pimp Chronicles is a stand-up comedy special. I don't know why it's called that. He doesn't talk about pimps or prostitutes. It's just a really, really funny show. If you can catch on HBO, or if you have OnDemand, you should take a look at it. I can't tell you how many times I've watched it. It's hilarious. :lol3: DON'T WATCH IT WITH KIDS IN THE ROOM. THERE'S A LOT OF CURSING!! :o
I agree with Danielle. You'll be touching those toesies really soon. :)

Bonnie - Hey there. I hope you're feeling better today. Check in and let us know.

Danielle - Oooo.... You've got a new doggie!!! I love dogs. I flip-flop over whether I want one though. On the one hand I do because they're so sweet and lovable. On the other hand, Lord knows I don't wannna have to clean up behind one! :lol: I could probably get my husband to do it though. ;)
I'm glad the new guy is making you feel better. Animals are really good at doing that. Aww... Now I'm starting to miss my cat Scribbles.
I wonder who Flav will choose. In a way I hope it's NY. Only for the entertainment value. They'd probably get another show or two out of it. If Delicious is really as nice as she seems, then I hope he doesn't pick her. For her sake. Could you imagine? The man has six kids, two "babies' mamas" and he wants 4 more! Yuck! Oh well..... I guess we'll find out in four days.
We had a Krispy Kreme down the street from us. When it closed, I was happy and sad all at once. Right now I'm feeling happy cause I'm craving sweets something awful. I'm going to pick up some sugar free peanut butter cups after work.

Melissa - I'm really proud of you. I'm impressed by your ability to use moderation. Not just with the pizza, but with the meal you had the other day as well. Great job, chicky!
I am FINALLY smaller than my mom again. For years she hovered around 24/26. When she was diagnosed with congestive heart failure she really turned her life around. Now she's an 18w/20. I wear the same size, but mine are loose. I'm estimating that In five pounds, I'll have on those 18 regs. :D

Hun.e.B
10-12-2006, 09:51 AM
Good Morning everyone!! Gonna have to make this short this morning. Our normal schedule is all messed up today and I've gotta take my older dd to school and hopefully be back on this side of town so that my younger dd isnt late to school too! Then I've got an exam that I'm not really prepared for...philosophy..go figure!

But I had to tell you that I had an incredible day again yesterday!! Cant wait to see how many leaves I get to pull off my tree tomorrow!! I just KNOW that scale has moved in the right direction! Since tuesday night I didnt eat the whole pizza thats what we had for dinner again last night. Can you imagine, I ordered the same thing we always order but because I didnt eat my usual portion I had enough to feed the family for 2 nights instead of just one! Thats kinda scary if you think about it! But I did even better I only had 2 slices last night!!! And I got in my 4 bottles of water! And no blts! I got a little munchies later in the evening and I stuck to a sugarfree chocolate pudding instead of the pumpkin icecream cone I wanted! and I had come craisins too! I'm so proud of me again!!

Okay we gotta run! I'll be back this afternoon to catch up with everyone!!

~melissa

Amany
10-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Good morning Angels! :wave: I feel like Charlie.... :lol:

Melissa - I'm so proud of you and so excited! :cb: I can't wait to hear how many leaves have fallen off your tree. I'll bet you even feel lighter, don't you? WTG lady! :hug:

All day yesterday I had some phlegm (sp?) at the back of my throat. Oh this weather...

Anyway, I spent the day sucking on sugar free cough drops. Because I had a severe sweet tooth, and craving peanut butter, I had 3 or 4 miniature sugar free peanut butter cups. Late in the day I remembered that the sugar free Halls cough drops and sugar free chocolates can have a bit of a laxative affect.

So, I ran to the restroom at the end of the day praying that I wouldn't run into any chatty coworkers. I was going to use the restroom in the production area cause those folks go home at 3:30; so no one was there. But it was so dark! I got kinda scared. I decided to use the office ladies' room instead. Then, who do I run into? The part owner / consultant for the company. He's soooo friendly and soooo talkative. All the while he's talking to me my stomach has so much gas in it that it's rumbling. We were both pretending not to hear. Finally I said, "Well, I'd better go. I'll see you tomorrow.". Then I speed walked to the ladies' room. 10 or 15 minutes later I come out of the restroom and ran right into him outside the door. Oh well, that's life, I guess....

I was kinda frustrated early yesterday. Don't you hate when unexpected bills come up? Not those small $50 ones, but $300 here. Then all of a sudden, $800 there. Turn around and then there's a $200 problem. Our ceremony is going to be simple and private, but I did at least want a pretty new dress and my husband wanted to buy a new suit. Then there's decorations and shoes. Over the past year, we've been determined not to charge things or dip into our savings unless it's absolutely necessary. It's so tempting, but I feel good about our decision not to do it.

My boss (who also happens to be the minister presiding over the ceremony) said we could just rescedule. But I said, "Nope! I've been wanting to do this for a long time. I don't want to put it off.". I'd marry that man in a potato sack if I had to. I love him so much, and I know this is the right thing to do. So November 18! Besides, I've already married him in jeans before some weirdo licensed to marry people in Ohio. I could certainly get married before a minister in in Detroit. Even if I have to wear a sack cloth!

Have a great day everyone!!

sapphire35
10-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Whats up all??????????

:wave: Amanda i think i want flav to go with delicious just to see crazy NY lose. She just annoys me. She is just to whiney. I think thats so special what you just said about marry your man in a potatoe sack. You go girl. Now thats love, and nice to hear of people who are truly in love. I alot people just front. Keep your date everything will work out. The unexpected effects ($) stinks, but you'll get your wishes of new dress, i know you will.

Hi :wave: Melissa, I am so proud of you. :hug: I can't wait until you weigh in or measure. You don't need to even exercise with all the running around you do. So the weight has got to be just fallen off soon if its not already.

Hi :wave: Cartersmama I hope you guys are starting to feel better. It sounds like the little one is for sure.

Hi :wave: :wave: Danielle, Bonnie, Mia, Melodie, Iwantnewpants, sara, britt, jazzy, altari, and Aqua wherever you are.

sapphire35
10-12-2006, 02:49 PM
I forgot my up date, Yeah:carrot:

21 day challenge

72 ounces of water a day 1 - 3 pauses -done /no pauses this was hard
100 crunches a day 1- 0 pauses (level 1)-done/no pauses
1400 calories a day 1- 3 pauses (level 3) - done/ no pauses

I think i'm going to actually weigh myself tomorrow.

Butterfly50
10-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Hey ladies I am doing fine . The allergies are calm for the moment. I went with my DH to work yesturday. Got stranded he went to do a easy call as he says he installs satelittes. This was one of the biggest pains I didnt get home until almost 7 we left here at 9 was only susposed to be a three hour job. Next time he askes I think I will have to tell him he is nuts.

Hun.e.B
10-12-2006, 11:48 PM
Trish... you are kickin butt woman!! WOOHOO!! Keep it up!

Amanda...how are you feeling? I swear everyone around me is sick (except my family) and they better just keep those sickie germs! We dont need em! How's that sweet tooth?

Bonnie...Glad those allergies arent bothering you too much. No donut sightings either I hope!! Evil witch that AF is!! LOL!!

Today was another success! Cant wait to see the good results tomorrow. I hope everyone is okay...I think that may be crickets I hear!

~melissa

Amany
10-13-2006, 08:53 AM
Hi Bonnie - I'm glad you're feeling better. Yeah, this time of year can be rough if you have sinus and allergy problems.

Trish - You're doing fantastic with the challenge. You'll be in a pair of slim jeans very soon. :)

Speaking of slim jeans.... Melissa! You've been on fire woman! I can't wait to hear the news.
I'm feeling much better. Yesterday and the day before I took some Claritin. Actually, it the Walgreen's knock-off brand of Claritin. Claritin costs about 10 bucks for 5 pills. Pricey! :o

I said I wouldn't but I snuck on the scale today (I won't change my stats until 10-27). I weigh 224 now. That's good. It's progress, but I want to be out of this "decade". I'm sure you guys know what I mean. Tired of being in the 2-teens, 2-fifties, 2-forties...
I am still happy with my decision to focus more on moderation and eating healthier. Even though the trade off is slower weight loss than a diet. But, oh, good grief!! I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't secretly hoping to see 219 or 218 on October 27. *sigh*

Ok. Rant over. Time to get back to work. Have a great day everyone. :grouphug:

Danielle...... Liz....... I'm hoping we hear from you guys today. :)

CartersMama
10-13-2006, 09:02 AM
Happy Friday!!! I am on realy quick to say HI!! We are leaving later this morning to go camping for the weekend. I am still sick though! This sucks! I was up half the night coughing. I cant back out of the trip, my dad cut his trip short so he could come pick up Carter and then my parents could watch him while I am in the desert trying not to get hurt on dirtbikes! hahaha! I hope everyone has a great weekend! I have a feeling mine wont be too good foodie wise. oops. Well have a great one, talk to you all on monday!

Butterfly50
10-13-2006, 09:07 AM
TGIF glad to see this day come. Well have to spend the morning making the candy topping to go on the top of my daughter B day cake she is going to be 12 her party is sunday. Almost a teen in the house How will I make it with two. Go to run have to get things going.

Hun.e.B
10-13-2006, 09:18 AM
Good Morning sunshines!!! :flow2: :flow1: I've got good news!! LOL!! I'm down 3.6 lbs this week!!! Yay!!! I broke the 240's...YAY!!! I tell ya, I've been doing alot of talking to myself. When I have those weak moments and just want to cave and have something sinful I say to myself...mom is about to enter onederland!! Or...weigh in is on friday! And i stop myself! Feels great to be in control and I'm actually listening to myself for once! Its paying off!!! Now, yes I was pretty darn good last week and lost 3.6 lbs, but when I sit down and think of it...i could have done so much better!! I mean c'mon I had pizza 2 nights in a row! So, that will be my goal for this coming week, work on those portions again...but make them better choices. That means I gotta go to the grocery store...blech!

Amanda....down 4 lbs!!!! Girl thats awesome!! I'm tired of being in the 2's too, but we are working on it! And you are SO close to onederland!! What I'm most looking forward to seeing from you on the 27th is not the lbs lost but the inches! Because I'd bet the farm you've lost alot of inches!!! I buy the knock off brands of meds too, the funny thing is I think it was dateline that did a story about how chances are Claritin makes the knockoff brand too. Its like that with alot of drugs, they manufacture both the name brand and the knock off...so why do they vary so much in price?? I'd rather not pay for a brand thanks! LOL! Keep up the good work lady!! You inspire me daily with your choices!

Stacia...ooh camping!! We havent been all year, too cold to go now. We went to disneyworld this year so that took all our camping budget..nice tradeoff I suppose LOL!! I'm sorry you are still sick, I hope it doesnt hinder your trip too much! Have a fantastic time!!!

Bonnie....Happy Birthday to your dd!! :balloons: Mine turns 12 in March and I swear she thinks shes 16 already!! Does this mean its only gonna get worse! LOL!! Have a wonderful day today!!

Everyone else....Good Morning!! :wave:

It was so nice to not have homework or an exam to study for last night! Its homecoming weekend (Danielle we are playing Northern Arizona) so tomorrow morning we'll head out to the parade. Go Griz!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!

Hun.e.B
10-13-2006, 02:55 PM
*singing* Lonely....I'm so lonely....dont have no body....:encore:

Where is everyone today!

~melissa

miafluker
10-13-2006, 08:05 PM
hi all im back in new orleans i havent started the 21 day challenge i figured ill start sunday new thread new habits right? plus i have a baby shower to go to sat. how is everyone doing? i bet great i have alot of catching up to do well i talk to you later the babi is getting her first tooth so she is fussy have a great night byt the way anyone watch bl the other night?

sapphire35
10-14-2006, 09:06 AM
:hug: Hello, Hello, Hello :carrot:

I could have cried :( yesterday i was so busy. I'm so glad its over. I stopped running at 9:20 pm yesterday. Long enough to see my CARDINALS beat the Crap out of New York, YeahHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

Amany I hope detroit makes its to the world series. Because they seem easy to beat and I know our cardinals can take them. Just Kidding;) :cp: I know you didn't think i forgot about that 4 lbs you lost. Your acting like its no big deal are you kidding me, girl. Congratulations, :bravo: :woo:

Mia I am glad you made it back to New orleans safe and sound. I can't wait until you start the 21 day challenge.

Melissa :woo: :bravo: on 3.6 lbs you are rocking. I knew all that running you do would pay off. :cp: Congratulations lady.

Hi Bonnie I hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday. Watch the Cake.;)

Cartersmama Good luck camping this weekend, literally don't let the bugs bite.
We yust to camp all the time my husband and I. Not anymore, i can't stand misquitos. My mom got west nile about 3 years ago and I have been a freak every since. My whole family are OFF freaks. She almost died.

Well I weighed in and I lost 3 lbs. Thats means am only losing about a pound a week. I'm Okay with that, because I know am exercising. I could be eating better, but thats why I started the 21 day challenge. to make me more accountable. I'm not at the stage amany is yet so I have to keep giving myself challenges. On the other had its puts under 200Lbs, that Iam exciting about.

21 day challenge

72 ounces of water a day 2 - 3 pauses -done /no pauses -still hard
100 crunches a day 2- 0 pauses (level 1)-done/no pauses
1400 calories a day 2- 3 pauses (level 3) - done/ no pauses

Hun.e.B
10-14-2006, 10:13 AM
OMG Trish that is GREAT!!! You are in onederland!!! WOOHOO!!! All your hard work and determination is payig off!! I'm so very excited for you!!! Congrats on reaching such an amazing milestone!! Keep it up!! Your goals are just around the corner now!!

I for one cannot wait to see onederland. Even if its 199.8 its still not 200! LOL!!

Yesterday is going to be my meal off. I did great during the day, ate a very light lunch because I knew we were having chinese for dinner. I overdid it. Knew I would, thank goodness I've got all week till I see the scale again. I peeked this morning and it showed up 3 lbs...now we all know i didnt gain 3 lbs overnight, but that just goes to show you what all that MSG can do to a body. Well I'll be sucking on that water bottle all day in an attempt to flush it out....literally :flush: LOL!

I didnt sleep well last night at all, my poor leg! I did groceries and Costco yesterday and OMG! Thats when the pain hits me the hardest is while grocery shopping for some reason, I dunno if its the pushing of the cart or what but MAN I come out of the store in tears. Then on top of that I sat at the computer for 7 hours working on fundraiser stuff. Its just amazing how people cant add simple numbers! I have $902 in errors to try and collect now...fun times! Today is Homecoming parade, I'm already loading up on the anti inflamatories so I can make it through. Gotta support our Griz though!

Oh...I can comfortable wear my wedding ring again! Not my original wedding ring but one I got a couple of years ago, dh and I bought each other new bands.

Alright enough rambling! I hope everyone can get a chance to check in today. Make it a great weekend!! Stick to those goals! I know you can do it!

~melissa

miafluker
10-14-2006, 08:28 PM
Mel i hope your leg gets better:hug:
Trish my hat is off for you congrats on wonderland:balloons: your doing great i cant wait to start the 21 day challenge tomorrow i dream of wonderland and im with you Mel it can be 199
Job well done i guess it can be done
how is everyone else? i know you guys are doing great well have a great night and keep up the good work

Hun.e.B
10-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Good Morning Mia...thanks for the well wishes! I have yet to get myself organized and get going on the 21 day challenge. I know what I want to focus on its just a matter of sitting down and doing it! Its always something i swear!

I hope you have a wonderful day! My weekend has been a series of bad choices. But hopefully I'll reign it back in soon! Just seem to have lost my thunder yesterday.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!! I've got oodles of homework to work on before the game, luckily we play at night so I have all day!

~melissa

miafluker
10-15-2006, 09:51 PM
wow where is everyone? :?: i guess ill start a new thread
lets have a great week guys!!!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1439196#post1439196