Exercise! - Numb toes while walking...

View Full Version : Numb toes while walking...

Tisha___
10-06-2006, 04:08 PM
I've noticed that after about 1.5 miles of walking on my treadmill, the two middle toes on my left foot start to get numb and sore (that's the bets I can describe it). Any idea why this might be happening? I've tried two completely different pairs of shoes, to make sure that it wasn't that.

Could it just be that since I'm overweight, they're not used to that kind of stress or something and maybe it'll get better as I lose? I can usually go ahead and get to 2 miles, but I'm scared to do much more than that. I'd hate to trip and fall on that treamill. All of the rest of me could take more distance than that, but those two toes just give up too quick.

Any ideas are appreciated.

jelynn
10-06-2006, 04:36 PM
I'm not sure...I've had that happen when my shoes were too tight (but didn't bother me for at least a half hour) I just don't tie quite as tight now and seems to help.

Lovemylife
10-06-2006, 04:47 PM
I have this also when I walk alot. I don't know why it happens either, but it is all my toes and mine is a burning numbness. This happens even if I have to hurry at work for a short distance.

lids
10-06-2006, 05:13 PM
I find the same thing when i'm cycling-loosening my shoes helps a bit-but it still happens every time?!?

fitbyforty
10-06-2006, 05:27 PM
http://walking.about.com/od/medfoot/f/numbtoes.htm

Tisha___
10-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Thank you SO MUCH, fitbyforty!!!

Ilene
10-06-2006, 06:50 PM
That was a good article fitbyforty... My mom has diabetes and this is why her toes get numb, she saw her doc about it... I used to get numb toes because of Morton's Neuroma and that cleared up once I got some orthotics in my shoes... The orthotics also helped when I bike... See your doctor...

Tisha___
10-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the info everyone! I'm going to a specialty running store tonight, to be fitted for some new shoes. Wish me luck!!!

:D