Support Groups - Weight Loss & Chit Chat #215

View Full Version : Weight Loss & Chit Chat #215

Jane
10-05-2006, 11:15 PM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Jane
10-05-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm back, ladies,

Judith - sorry about your problems with aunt flo.

Sassy - same for you. And yes, you are right, everyone has something in their life that isn't fair.

Cristina - YW for the postcard. About Dale, he went from here in Indiana to Mississippi to work with his dad in electical work. He's getting lots of overtime, since there is such a demand for it due to Katrina, but wants to come home so badly. He'll be home for 4 days this time, which is good. Btw, Terry and Gina are doing well. She has the ultrasound the 10th, so we'll have a due date then. I'm excited about the new baby.

A big hello to anyone reading this. :wave:

Tomorrow I'll have Macy from 7:30 - noon, since her daycare is closed for the day. Gina is taking off at noon. I think I'll take Macy shopping with me in the morning, but we'll see.

The meeting today was us mostly discussing the dinner for next week. I volunteered to make a fruit salad as one of the desserts. I thought that would help keep me away from some of the other high calorie stuff the others are bringing. Gotta have a plan, right?

Have a good evening, ladies. :hug:

Sassy_Chick
10-06-2006, 06:00 AM
Morning Ladies!

Thanks Ladies for the well wishes with me dealing with AF and all. Judith, :hug: to you as well.

AF is still being naughty and mean. But I'm dealing. I had to spend an entire night with a room full of men, boy what fun that was! NOT! Me with my hormones raging and them all arguing back and forth.........whoopee........lol.

Oh well only 3 nights to go and I'm off again! lol.

I hope you all are doing well!

:hug:

jules1216
10-06-2006, 06:21 AM
Hi ALL!!

I think our computer problems are fixed, keeping my fingers crossed. Too much to catch up on so I will check in later.

Jane--have fun with Macy

Sassy-my TOM finally is getting back to normal but I was dealing with it every two weeks for awhile--talk about raging hormones and PMS!!!

Sassy_Chick
10-06-2006, 06:24 AM
Jules -- WB! Keeping my :crossed: that your computer problems are all fixed! My husband just fixed mine, as I had a nasty virus. :p UGH every two weeks is just as bad, if not worse than what I go through. Mine will last for months at a time.....But then I get months of a "break" too.

mkat321
10-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Hey all :wave:

Thanks for the well wishes. Not cramping now but the dingy witch left without finishing the job, so she'll be back :mad:

Tonight is my 10 year reunion. bah. I am not that old. I don't feel that old. Never mind what my darn birth certificate says... and it's at the football homecoming. Yeah. Nothing says temptation like booster club brownie explosions and half pound buckets of popcorn coated in real butter...

I.will.behave. :)

Marti
10-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Another quicky here. Time flys when you don't get much sleep! :dizzy:

I have Jhanai this weekend so I won't be on much if at all this weekend. Plans of going to the pumpkin patch and visiting w/grandpa.

James is going to be looking for a treadmill today! :carrot: Looking forward to that!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Hugs!:hug:

Sassy_Chick
10-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Hi Ladies................No your eyes are not deceiving you, I am really up this "Early" lol. Hub is meeting with our boss...............So at least maybe we'll have time today to stop at Hobby Lobby so I can get the stockings for the troops.....;)

Marti -- cool on the treadmill! I wish we had room for one!

FrouFrou
10-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Hello ladies :wave:

I tried to get on sooner but with errands and a last minute trip to the vet it just didn't happen. I swear I need to figure out what is wrong with me, get out of this funk and get on with business...I am not getting anything done around the house. Ernie has had an allergy or something. His eyes are so bloodshot and he hardly wants to hold them open. When I take him out to potty he tried rubbing them in the grass. Rubs them on the carpet and with his paws...had some icky stuff oozing out as well. I figured it was allergies because all else is fine. Well, here it is 3 days later and it's not any better so I thought I better get him to the vet. He checked them and the lens are not cut, scarred, etc. so he's treating it as a conjunctivitis (sp?). Gave him a shot and put some eye cream on his eyes. Gave me a tube to do it at home three times a day, should prove interesting. If he's not better by Monday I am supposed to take him back. Anyway...

JANE...hope you have fun with Macy today! I can only imagine how excited you are with having a new bundle of joy on the way, I know I would be too! Will they find out the sex? Or do they want it to be a surprise? OIC about Dale...ya gotta go where the work is and if the money is good all the better. But I bet Mary and the kids miss him like crazy! Good for volunteering to make fruit salad, and yeah a plan is good!

SASSY...I can't remember what your hours are that you work...I know you work nights though.

HIYA JULES! glad you computer is fixed...we miss you around here!

JUDITH...have fun at the reunion! I went with DH to his 30th last June and it was actually a nice time. I knew a few of the people already from living in the town before we moved here but they were really nice and we had a good time.

ROBIN...was thinking about you and wondering how your friend is. Let us know when you can.

MARTI...woohoo on getting a treadmill! I get bored with mine because I would rather be outdoors but there are times it is my best friend. And...I have never used it as a clothes hanger, lol!

MARY KATE...hoping all is well with you. Been wondering how you are too, how your arm is doing.

NORMA & TIFFANY...how are you ladies doing?

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Guess I better get going. Need to help V hang my flag on the deck and almost time for Jeopardy, can't miss that, lol. Chat with you ladies tomorrow.

Have a good day ladies!

jules1216
10-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Sassy--it turned out that we had a nasty virus too even though one of the programs we ran said that we didn't.

Mkat--have fun at the reunion--hopefully you will have such a great time reconnecting with old friends you'll be able to withstand the temptations!!

Marti--I liked taking the kids to the pumpkin patch when they were small--there is a local one that has a hay maze too. I miss them being young.

Cristina--poor Ernie!! My Levi is our problem dog--he tends to get yeast infections in his ears and gets red from scratching from time to time--doctor says it's allergies but we need to take him in for blood tests to find out exactly what he is allergic too. My son's one friend just called him from Kuwait and is just going to Iraq. He's an MP and is married with two kids. His other friend is now home from Iraq and is stationed in Oklahoma but they are talking about sending him to Afghanistan now. He also has two kids. He will be in the area for Christmas.

Well my son and his girlfriend both got some bad news this week. He got laid off on Tuesday and she got word this afternoon that their Verizon office will be closing December 3. He already has some interviews and has some odd jobs lined up already. He said he might go back to cooking until he goes back to work in the spring. She is going to talk to her friend that works at a call center about a half hour away from where they live, her friend was going to get her a job right before she went from her last temp job to this one which is 5 minutes from their apartment. Say a prayer for them!!

Jane
10-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Hiya ladies, :wave:

Julie - your son and his GF will be in my prayers. He sure sounds like a go-getter, not letting any moss grow under him. Glad you got the virus fixed. My laptop is running so slow, I wonder if we have one again.

Sassy - I just love Hobby Lobby, and was just talking about it to my friend in Florida. She's never been to one, and said she's going to find one. The nearest one to me is in Evansville, but well worth the drive, lol.

Cristi - thank you for the card, but you didn't have to do that! I am happy to help the troops. Aww, poor Ernie dog. I sure hope the cream and shot works for him. Terry wants to know the sex of the baby, but Gina doesn't. Or... was it the other way around? :dizzy: LOL

Marti - a big YAY for the treadmill. If you place it in front of a TV, trust me, the time will pass before you know it. Have fun with Jhanai and grandpa this weekend.

Judith - did you have fun at the reunion? Let us know how it went.

Mary Kate - thank you so much for the card from Mendocino! It looks like a very interesting place - almost like a western cowboy town. I can only hope to get to visit there someday. Neal and I talked about taking the Amtrak out west, stopping a couple of times overnight to sightsee.

I did have fun with Macy. We went to the bank, a fabric store, and a couple of grocery stores. She's a little cutie, and has eyes that dance. But I gotta tell ya, I feel just absolutely worn out tonight, and hope a good night's rest will revive me.

We have 2 birthday parties this weekend: Caylin's 3rd is tomorrow, and Dale's 32nd is Sunday. The good news is, I don't like either kind of cake that will be served at them, so no challenge there. :)

Have a good weekend, ladies! :hug:

suetalks
10-06-2006, 11:09 PM
So nice to see all you ladies check in. I am hoping to catch up with individuals soon....simply exhausted tonight. We did the garage sale today and that is loooong, tiring and boooring. Came home and did laundry, baked 5 doz. cookies, brownies and muffins to take to a neighborhood weinie roast tomorrow night. Plus made DH cornbread to go with the beans Mom had cooked today. Had to clean the kitchen tonight and was folding clothes up until 20 minutes ago. AND tomorrow is another day of garage sale. I will be so glad when all that stuff is gone....and I can finish up at the old house and have time to devote to the new house. Geeze louise. Will get to meet all the neighbors tomorrow...although I have met most. There are now 12 houses in the area, one not finished yet.
I told DH I am sleeping in as late as possible on Sun. and DO NOT DISTURB! I am just beat!

I will not promise to be back tomorrow, but Sunday for sure. Have a good week-end my friends.

Sassy_Chick
10-07-2006, 06:05 AM
Hi Ladies. This will be a quickie. I didn't even think I would be online but I had to stop by and take my pill, so I figured I may as well "pop on". ;) (my pills are on my desk by my computer).

**WARNING AF is mentioned and if you are not up to reading, you may want to skip**

I made it through tonight at work, but WOW did AF ever kick into FULL gear about 1 1/2 hrs before I left. She seems to come into SUPER TURBO SPEED between 2 - 7 a.m. and she definately is there right now! I was even debating about going to the ER but I've been there before with the same issue and they don't do a thing but make me wait and wait then do a very uncomfortable exam just to tell me, "There is nothing we can do." So I guess unless I am floating in a pool of blood I guess I am okay.

It sounds strange but I feel like I can feel my uterus contracting. Maybe its just cramps or something but it sure feels like it.........

I told hub if it doesn't get any better I am not going into work tonight (Saturday Night). I know that may sound stupid, but I don't care. How much work can I get done when I spend 1/2 my shift in the bathroom anyways?

Well I'm sorry this was not a very "pleasant" post.................I am going to lie down and watch some tv.

Take Care.

jules1216
10-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Jane-DS moved out when he was 18 1/2 and has worked steadily ever since--he said he's kind of sad because the electricians helper job was a good career move and he really liked it--he didn't like the long commute-he got picked up between 4:30 and 5:00 Am and didn't get home until 5:00 to 5:30 pm because he was the first picked up and the last dropper of by the commuter van. They want him back when things pick up in spring but he's thinking of checking out some of the local companies now that he has over a year experience and tools and has a good reference. He said it will just be a see what happens first thing. His girlfriend also has worked steadily since she was 16--she is a go getter too.

Sue--wow you have been on busy woman lately-my dh has a thing for cornbread too--and isn't your DH a Jerry too??? I may be confused....Hope you enjoy sleeping in!!

Sassy-I hope you can get some help for your pain, it sounds horrible..:(

Not doing much today--it's a rainy yucky day....Ds and gf were planning to come out tomorrow I hope they still will. DD is fine.

jules1216
10-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Sue
:hb: :joker: :cp: :hat: :gift: :dance: :woo: :balloons: :cheers:

Jane
10-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Hi ladies,

Sue - well I hope you get lots of rest tonight, after you have fun with the neighbors. One thing I miss in the country is the neighbors. That's also one thing I like about the country, no neighbors, lol. Too bad I can't have some just when I want them, lol. Oc course, I've got Mary and her family very close, but you know what I mean.

Sassy - I don't know much about POCOs, and I know you said a heavy period is normal when you do get one, but are you sure you aren't having a miscarriage? If you've gone through this before, I guess it's probably not one, but still, I feel for you, hon. :hug:

Julie - my son has worked from when he had a paper route at age 11, and honestly hasn't stopped since. He grew up in a single parent home, though, and knew if he wanted extras, he had to work for them. (Now, if only I could say the same for my girls.) I hope the sun comes out for you soon.

Cristi - I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed the Mickey-ness of the card and stamp and sticker you sent. How cute!

I'm making vegetable soup today. Dale just loves it, so one whole potful is going to their house. I gave the recipe to his mom, but when she made it, she substituted several things, and left out a couple of things, and then got frustrated when Dale didn't like it. I have to admit there's a small part of me that's glad he likes mine best.

Btw, did I forget to mention that Katie is back with her bf? He wanted to go back after a few days, but she made him suffer for awhile. She seems confident that all is well now in their relationship, but I'm not as sure. Time will tell, right?

Toodles,

FrouFrou
10-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Hello ladies and...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUE!
:hb: :hat: :gift: :woo: :balloons: :woo: :gift: :hat: :hb:
Hope you get some much needed rest and try and enjoy your special day!

JULES...I will be thinking of your sons friends especially the one Iraq. Hopefully the other doesn't get sent to Afghanistan. Will keep them and your son and his gf in my prayers. Aaaahh, your poor doggy. I hate seeing any dog ill. Ernie is better today...the shot and oinment for his eye seem to be working. He's not even giving me any problems with putting it on his eye, of course I put the muzzle on him and he freezes because he hates that. Otherwise he would squirm around and I wouldn't get anything in there. How are you doing with the gym? Are you liking it?

JANE...I do have to thank you...it really means a lot to me that you ladies have supported me with the troops and I know it will mean a lot to the guys as well. Hey, I thought of you when I saw the mickey mouse card...had to get it. Hope you enjoy both birthday parties this weekend. Glad to hear Katie is back with her BF...I hope they have a long, happy relationship. And yes, time will tell.

SASSY...what about seeing a OB/GYN on your time off...surely they could do something more for you than the emergency room. I hear ya about the ER though...seems that is all anyone does is wait, and wait, and wait! It's ridiculous especially when you see all these doctors and nurses standing around doing nothing. I don't blame you for not going to work either if it isn't any better. I can only imagine the pain you are going through. :hug: :hug:

MARTI...hope you are enjoying your weekend with Jhanai and I hope your grandpa is doing fine. Have a nice visit with him.

Not much going on today with me. I did go exercise this morning and glad that I did. I always feel better once I do it and especially after, but just haven't felt like going. I've got to just suck it up and DO IT though! Had to go pay Josh's truck payment, then stop by Hallmark to pick up some cards and candles. The guy that owns this Hallmark opened up a store across the street called Nifty Fifty...everything in the store is 50% off. Mostly holiday stuff in there but I did find some raspberry cream candles so had to get them, and a patriotic santa. Hey, you can't beat 50% off. They had a lot of neat and nice stuff in there but I don't really need anything. Didn't need the santa but I always, or I try to add to my collection every year. So now I have laundry to do, straighten up the house and work on my scrapbook pages.

Whatever your plans are for the weekend, I hope you have a GREAT one! Take care ladies. :hug:

Sassy_Chick
10-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Hey all. I am touched by your concern but trust me, I've been through this soooooo many times. It is "normal" for PCOS. There is nothing they can do about it unless they give me a pill to stop it and honestly I need to get through it because I haven't had an AF in months so it gets "Backed up". Or they could put me on birth control pills, as I was on from the time I was 17 all the way up until we started TTC, around @ age 25 ish or so. The BC pills did work great, but I can't conceive on BC pills.

I have never had a miscarriage but I do not think its that. That is one of the things they do check for whenever I do go in to the ER, for that and also for an Eptopic Pregnancy. It is always negative, not saying that it couldn't be the case this time, but I'm pretty sure its not.

I just have been through this SO many times since I first started my AF at age 13 or whenever. I've gone to the ER soooooooo many times and they do the same exact thing every time and it always makes me feel worse after I go. Last time I went the dr was so rude and just brushed me off completely that by the time the nurse came back to discharge me, I was bawling. She was very nice though and even gave me a hug. Even though the nurse was nice to me, I am NOT going through that again..........I refuse. I will go like I said once I'm in a pool of blood and that is the only time.

People are so mean, yes even in the medical field and esp to heavy set women. It makes me not want to go in and I know that isn't right. Luckily I do have a great family dr. My gyn I was seeing left so I will have a new one when I go in a couple weeks. I did have an appt. scheduled, but had to reschedule it since AF is here and they can't do my exam with it being so heavy. (been through that before as well)

So I am very very touched with your concerns but it is "Normal". At least for me it is. This time is extremely heavy, but I figured it would be since I went SO long without one. It kind of balances it self out so to speak. Hard to explain unless you've been through it...........

Well I'm off to work.

TTYL.

Sassy_Chick
10-08-2006, 05:38 AM
Morning Chickies.

I made it through the night @ work! Don't know how, but I did!!!! :)

I hope you all are doing well and I hope I didn't scare anybody off. lolllllllll.

jules1216
10-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Sassy--yeah for making it through your night at work!! Hope your feeling better.

Jane--my son was good at chores around the house but didn't really start working until about 17--DD has worked since 15 1/2. They both do really well on their evaluations.

Cristina--I love the gym--I just need to keep going on a regular basis even if I don't feel like it. Once I get there I am okay--it's the getting motivated to go!! I was having tom issues with it coming every two weeks and I just had no energy and then ended up with the flu--Mom says it's a combo of the TOM and the fact that now that my coworkers back my stress level is not on high alert even though I am still busy . Are you still going to It figures??

I am debating on going to work or not for a few hours today. There are a couple things needing urgent attention, but my allergies are really bad today already. I love fall but fall doesn't love me--my allergies act up from the time the leaves start to change until they drop off the trees and where do I live--the middle of 32 wooded acres!!

Marti
10-08-2006, 12:49 PM
Hello everyone!
I have a minute here so I thought I would pop in and say hello. :wave:

Jhanai & I went to see grandpa but the man was gone. He must be feeling well enough to be out and about again. I just left him a note saying we'll try next time.

We also decided to wait until the next weekend to go to the pumpkin patch. Closer to Halloween. May check out the corn maze and hopefully James will be around so we all go together.

Got my treadmill. Looks brand new. We bought it from a gal who lives an hour away. She only had it for 4months before she decided to sell it. Brand new it sells for $700. We got it for half that. I thought it was a great deal. So now it's sitting in the living room off to the side so I can still see the TV. James & I figured if it was put in the office room it wouldn't be used as much. And we want to make sure it gets used quite a bit!! We already put our little boy dog on there for a walk.......and he just walked away like he was outdoors! (funny site really)

Ok.....need to get off here.

Hugs to you all!!

suetalks
10-08-2006, 11:48 PM
I promised I would be here today...and I almost didn't make it. My behind is dragging, but I am here.
Thanks for the birthday wishes. Sure hate to add another year! AND they pile up too quickly these days!
The neighborhood party was nice and a good way to meet everyone. I got all the adults names straight and all lined out with who goes with who and in what house. Was real proud of myself, but I will have a harder time with the younguns. Seems 3 families have little blond girls. :) Out of 12 houses there are about 10 children and one on the way. Seven of the houses are couples our age. (or in the vicinity) The developer and his wife came by to have a look see of our house since we told them last night to drop by any time.

Marti- Yay for the treadmill. I hope you get going on it and love it. I couldn't get mine situated in the house at a good spot, so finally just got rid of it.

Jules- Nice to see you. Yes, DH is a Jerry also. And I did sleep until about 8 this morning...although I stayed in bed a bit longer, but couldn't sleep. Just felt nice to NOT be in a hurry to do anything today.

Sassy- Glad you got to work and are not feeling too bad now. Sounds like horrors to go through however. I feel fortunate that AF has not been coming to my door for 16 years. I had that broad surgically removed!!!

Cristina- Ohhh..I want to go to the Nifty Fifty. I love a good bargain store. Sounds like my kind of place. I saw an ad for Joann's fabric today and want to go there this week. They have fleece and flannel I want for sewing projects and also scrapbooking/card supplies. I am thinking of making cards for a new hobby. I have seen some cute homemade ones..might try my hand at it.

Jane- We actually have the best of both worlds...we are in the country, about 2 miles from town, but in our cute little wooded area. So we have neighbors, just not alot. And the best part is that the street does not go through, so we have no traffic that is just passing through. The street comes in, makes a circle and goes out. We feel like we are going to be very happy here.

Judith, Robin, Tiffany, MaryKate, Norma and any other ladies peeking in....Hi and hope you are doing well. I haven't been keeping up too well, but will sure try to do better.

I ate a weinie last night, but no s'mores. I did however have to sample my cooky and a brownie. Today I ate only one actual meal, but had ice cream. Drat! I have to quit that. The good news is that with all the moving I managed to keep from gaining the terrific amount I thought I had gained. I DID gain one pound, but I will take that with a smile. Tomorrow is the start of a new effort...hopefully. *fingers crossed*

Ya'll take care and have a super good Monday. I know I shall! :)

Sassy_Chick
10-09-2006, 12:46 AM
Hi Ladies. I left work early with hub since he has Jury Duty (Selection) tomorrow morning. It was only 4 hrs. early, so nothing huge. They are lucky I went in period as when I woke up today I felt like crap. I did start feeling better later, but I'm still glad I came home early. :p

Nothing big going on our days (nights) off. We were planning on cleaning out hubs office and putting stuff into a storage unit, but it all depends on if hub gets selected for Jury Duty or not.

Well I hope you all have a Great Week!

Marti
10-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Good Morning Gals and Dolls!!

Did my treadmill this morning so I'm feeling pretty good at the moment. It's not as quiet as the gazelle so I hope I don't disturb James while he sleeps. (He didn't wake up and say "Hey!") :)

Sue--Happy Belated Birthday!! Sorry I missed that!! I hope you had a lovely day!! My treadmill is off to the side up against a wall. It's out of the way and near the TV if I choose to watch while I walk. James is wanting to use it too so at least we'll both benefit from it.

Jules--I feel for your DS & his GF. Nothing like having both incomes slow down! It's great that he's got interviews and jobs lined up. Great that he doesn't just sit around. Should be very proud of him. (I'm sure you are!) I'll keep good thoughts their way for a great job opportunity!

Cristi--How old is Ernie?? Our Chewy is almost 9 and he's losing teeth! Poor thing. He was eating some food last week and just jumped from his bowl. James investigated his mouth and found one of his bottom front teeth missing. He already had 4 pulled from the back. Poor little things.

Jane--How did the weekend go w/two birthday parties? I'm a cake lover so I would have munched. :dizzy: Actually I've been doing really good w/my eating. It's exercise that's getting me so if I just keep up w/the treadmill....I should be ok. I will do the gazelle every now and then so it won't get jealous! :lol: Thank you for the Chicago PC!!!

Sassy--My sister's SIL has PCOS. She had trouble getting pregnant for awhile. She is expecting her second child next month. I hope you find some help to ease the pain.

MaryKate--Are you back from Vacation?? Thank you for the PC. I envy you being able to take a vacation. I'm so ready for one now!:)

I know I'm missing some of you, but know that I'm thinking of ya!! Come take a quick moment to say Hello if you get the chance.

Ok...in need of a shower.

Take Care gals!

Jane
10-09-2006, 01:54 PM
Hi ladies,

Sue - a belated Happy Birthday to you! Hope it was happy.

Cristi - oh my gosh, I'd love a Nifty Fifty Hallmark store! I'd for sure buy my Christmas cards in January, lol.

Sassy - well, ok, if that's normal for you, then we'll calm down, lol. I do agree that heavy people are treated differently. It's sad, but I think we're treated as though we are defective in some way.

Julie - did you go to work yesterday? I'm sort of hoping you stayed home.

Marti - I love your new avatar! Jhanai is growing up so fast! Wow, you DID get a good deal on your treadmill! Why can't I ever find a bargain like that?? I just know you'll love it in front of the TV like that. I tried to sell my Gazelle for $25. in Mary's yard sale, and nobody would buy it! I think I'll just donate it to the Goodwill.

Hello to anyone else reading this. :wave:

The weekend was so much fun. Little Caylin enjoyed herself so much at her party. Hard to believe she's 3 already, isn't it?

Today I've been doing my scrapbook pages. I want them done and ready to go so I can forget about them until time to mail them. I've got a meeting at the church this evening, so I'll have to get cleaned up sooner or later, lol.

Have a good day, ladies. :hug:

harkeyvalley
10-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Sassy: I sure hope you are doing better. I was diagnosed with endometriosis (sp?) and I lost massive amounts of blood. Sometimes I would pass huge blood clots. I was always anemic. I had a partial hysterectormy (Tubes were left). It was the best thing that every happened to me. No monthly mess and I still have my eggs for hormones. I was past having children so it was a good thing for me. I think you need to get to the bottom of the problem. You right about having a good ob/gyn. I'd probably quit having my annual test if my doctor left town.

Jules: Your DS & his GF are in my prayers. That would be very scarey for me, especially at this time of year. I love living out in the woods to. We only have 5 acres but all the homes are on 5 acres parcels and we have so many trees that you can't even see our neighbors. Fall is such a beautiful time. We used to drive to Harpers Ferry every year when we lived in Virginia. You live in such beautiful country. My best friend moved to Martinsburg. How far is that from you?

Christina: Have you heard from Josh? I'm sure all is well. Sorry to hear about poor Ernie. It's amazing how these 4 legged friends steal our hearts. I've lost two due to old age. You sound like me with picking up good deals. I'm always looking for a bargain. I collect Santa's. I get a new one each year to put on the mantle.

Jane: Sounds like you got your grandma workout. I love my grandkids but they do wear me out. I couldn't think of a better exercise. I have my fingers crossed for Kate and her bf. The only thing you can do is provide a shoulder when she needs one. I'm like you on the country feeling. I hate it when I have to drive and hour (round trip) to buy a gallon of milk but it's so quiet. This time of year all I hear is an angry squirrel who doesn't like anyone walking by his (or her) tree. When they bark it sounds like a crazy bird. It's so funny. Maybe he got a fermented nut and it's drunk! LOL

Sue: I've been away for awhile. Did your house sell? Put up some more pictures of your new house when you're done decorating. I'm a sewer also. What do you like to sew. Home dec or clothing? If it involves my sewing machine, I sew anything and everything. I even sew on paper! LOL I also have a serious fabric addiction. I kept pieces of fabric I used to sew my childrens garments over 35 years ago. I guess I need to make more quilts.

Marti: Good job on the walking. I don't have a treadmill, but since the weather has finally turned nice, I'm heading outside to walk everyday. I used to drive to our mail box since it's .2 miles from here. Lazy huh!

Well, as for me, I finally hit the 20lb mark!!!!!Yay!!!! It seems like it took forever. Two whole months. My FitDay program says that if I stay on course I'll be 239 by Dec 29th. I sure hope so. Since having this doctors scale I'm looking forward to the day when I don't have to slide the weight to the 250 mark before I have to adjust the single pound weight. Three more lbs and I can put it on the 200 mark. If that's not a goal, I don't know what is. If you want to get a reality check, try picking up 4 5lb bags of flour and carry them around the house. It wears you out. I used to carry this same 20 lbs everywhere I went. Isn't that mind boggling?

FrouFrou
10-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Hello ladies...

MARTI...Ernie just turned 11 last month...can't believe he is that old and, this is the longest I have ever had a dog. It is going to kill me when he goes. Do you brush your dogs teeth? I know some people do but Ernie would never let us open his mouth and do it. I hope he doesn't lose teeth but then he probably will sometime I guess. I too like you new avatar, Jhanai looks so grown up. And WTG on getting a walk in! And glad you guys got a great deal on the treadmill.

SUE...glad you guys had a nice time at the block party. Now was this something random the neighbors did or was it in your honor, for the new neighbors? The Nifty Fifty store is great! I don't know if this is stuff that the Dwyers (Hallmark) had over the years and decided to open a store to get rid of it or what. Or if it is going to be there always, but I liked it. A lot of neat stuff in there from frames, to candles, to baby gifts, collectibles and Holiday decorations, etc. I need to stay away though, lol!

JANE...I can remember when Mary had Caylin, wow, doesn't seem like it's been three years already! They do grow fast and time does go by too fast.

NORMA...I;ve not heard from Josh for about 2 weeks and that was just a short e-mail. I'm hoping to hear something soon. :crossed: He doesn't usually go too far past two weeks without e-mailing or calling so he's due. WTG on hitting the 20 lb.s mark! :carrot: :bravo: That is quite an accomplishment and I am proud of you! :hug: And yes, that is mind boggling. No one would dream of carrying around 4-5lb. bags of flour but yet we do. I honestly don't think I could do it, yet I do do it. It's crazy when you think about it.

JULES... I am still going to IF, even though I didn't go today. I skipped two weeks a while back. The one week I had those darn allergies and the headaches were horrible, just couldn't bring myself to go. Then the week after my back was out, couldn't even stand up straight so there was no way I could do go. But got back on track last Monday and went 5 days. I hope you are feeling better. I know too well about those darn allergies, and the flu is not good either. Take care of yourself missy. :hug: I would love to live in the middle of 32 acres! We are hoping to move back to the country in a few years. I would love to move to another state, maybe when V retires. :dunno:

SASSY...hope you are feeling better today. I see about PCOS, just couldn't imagine going through that. Hopefully, DH doesn't get picked for jury duty. I guess it probably wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a big crime trial that would go on forever. I was called once while living in CA, as a matter of fact both DH and I were at the same time. We got out of it though, thank goodness. Didn't cherish the thought of driving 1 1/2 hours one way to LA every day for a while and trying to find a babysitter for the kids.

Hi to everyone else :wave: Hoping all is well with you ladies, check in when you can. We miss you!

Well, I got up a little after nine this morning and got ready and was going to go to IF but the clouds were moving in and I needed to get the yard mowed so did that instead. We are supposed to get rain this afternoon and for the next two days and I already had it planned to mow today, the front anyway. I went ahead and did the back also so I did get a workout. Pulled some weeds too. Spent 1 1/2 hours out there so that is a good workout. Had some raindrops fall on me a few times, but nothing big, yet. Also, got my housecleaning done as well before getting on the computer, and a load of laundry started. Other than that, nothing much else going on with me.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a GREAT day!

Sassy_Chick
10-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Hi Ladies.

Well hub wasn't selected for jury duty. He said there was about 80 people there! Then he said they asked for volunteers who would be available on the times scheduled. He said about 25 or so people volunteered and they only needed 13, so they told the rest to go home. I am like if they only needed 13 why on earth did they send out so many letters????? Anyways. At least now he doesn't have to worry about it.

Thanks everybody for the support. PCOS does cause heavy periods, clotting, painful periods, etc. (sorry if that is too much info) But I am only 32 and I still do want to (hopefully) someday have a family, if possible. So unless my dr says so, I don't want a hysterectomy. I plan on going to see my dr (well another dr in the same practice since my left) and getting my annual exam, discussing with them what I've been through and where I want to go and see what they say. Also we heard on the radio there is an infertility clinic not too far from here where everything is in house (labs and all of that). So we may go there.

I have seen Infertility Specialists. Once when we lived in Upstate NY, when I was first diagnosed. He put me through several tests and found out my ultimate problem is that I do not ovulate. The next step was going to be fertility shots when my husband's work at the time downsized and he lost his job.

After that we didnt' have insurance anymore so couldn't go see a specialist. We moved back to Ohio and my husband finally found a job, it didn't include health insurance so we went about 3 yrs without going to see a specialist and nothing happened of course. (naturally)

Then my husband gets a job where we both work now and gets insurance again. We wait a while until we get back on our feet and then we go see another Specialist that my mil recommended. (MIL is a retired ICU nurse).

Anyhow, we went and seen this Specialist and she started out with an exam first (which any good dr should) and then started me on medication to hopefully start me to ovulate and she also wanted me to lose at least 30% of my weight. (oh sure why didn't I think of that one earlier! DUH!). Time went on and the drugs didn't work of course so she tried a new drug, didn't work, another exam and not trying to be gross but she was so rough when she was doing my exams and trust me I've had enough exams in my lifetime that should equal enough for years and years.

Also she was very rude and I just did not like her at all. Hub didn't like her either, but we kept going because she was supposed to be "the best". Well she may be "The best" but she has a bedside manner of a bulldog!

We decided to not go and see her anymore when I received a letter in the mail stating she was going to drop me if I cancelled one more appt. Yes I did cancel some appts, but with our shift, it is sometimes hard to make appts, so I would call and cancel them, with enough time in advance instead of missing them. What is wrong with that if you know you cannot make it? So after that letter, that was the "last straw" so to speak and we quit going to see her.

That brings us up to date. I then decided to try to lose some weight and get healthier first. That is when I joined here and everybody on this site has been truely wonderful, but I will admit I haven't done so well. I feel like a complete failure. :(

I had even discussed WLS with my family dr and he wasn't too thrilled on the idea. Not that he is against the surgery, but he said I'm so young, he wants me to try to lose it myself. Which we agreed that we hadn't given it a valient effort. That is when we joined the Y and tried harder, for a while. Then we sort of "Gave up". I just want to be honest here.

Well I'm so sorry this has gotten sooooooooooooooooooo long and I'm also sorry that I haven't really been a very good JL lately. I haven't been working out or eating right and I also haven't been doing individuals either. :( So I do appologize for that. I need to do better.

If you have gotten this far, thanks a bunch.

Sassy_Chick
10-10-2006, 03:13 AM
Hi Ladies.

I just got done watch Dr. Oz on Oprah again. I am going out and buying his book tomorrow, er um later on today. lol. He was talking about what causes heart burn and other questions people are usually too embarrassed to ask and it was very interesting!

They also had a dr. on there about our cycles. Very interesting. Gave me new hope, I think its just what I needed.

Tonight we went out with our friend and he is a vegetarian so not a lot of restaurants that have a lot for him to choose from, so we ate at Nothing but Noodles. Hub and I have never eaten there before. Our friend got a cup of their Spicy Cucumber Salad and he let us try it, OMG! It was soooooo good! :D I figured I could probably look online for my own recipe to try here at home. ;) Which is good that I found something that is healthy to eat. Granted I will have to be careful what I put on it, but I think I can figure it out. ;)

I just need something healthy to help fill me up, esp. with AF being here! lol. I think that is the key to just experiment and try new stuff. I know your taste buds do change when you get older. I NEVER liked cucumbers before, ever. Of course this wasn't just plain cucumbers either, it was in a brine of something with onions and other veggies too.

As for me I had the Fetticine Alfredo with Shrimp. I know that was not the wisest thing to order, but I was too afraid to order anything "different" that I wasn't familar with. I guess I should be more daring.

Well I won't ramble this time. I just wanted to share and I am sorry about going on and on earlier.

Jane
10-10-2006, 09:56 AM
Good morning, ladies,:wave:

Norma - YAY for the 20 pounds gone! :cp: And you'll be under 250 in no time, hon. I think losing 20 pounds in two months is great! You wouldn't want to lose any faster than that. Your 20 pounds is equal to 80 sticks of butter. Can you imagine 80 sticks of butter stuck to your body? Like you said, it's four five pound bags of flour. Yikes! No wonder I'm so tired, lol. Speaking of being tired, the grandkids DO wear me out sometimes. When the whole family is together, and all 5 are here, it gets a little hectic. But I love it. And I can hardly wait for the new little bundle. Gina gets her ultrasound today, so we'll have a due date.

Cristi - the rain is coming my way, too, darn it. I've been enjoying the beautiful fall temps and sunshine. Gardening sure will give a person a good workout, depending what all you do. There are days I've done work outside that was much worse than a workout at the Y.

Sassy - I saw part of the Dr. Oz segment on Oprah. I highly recommend the You, an Owner's Manual book he wrote with Dr. Roisen. But the book I'm anxiously awaiting is their "You, on a Diet" book that hits the stands Halloween Day. (Why do all CDs and books come out on Tuesdays?) Anyway, the diet is outlined in the back of the You, an Owner's Manual book. It focuses on whole foods, which as you know, I'm an advocate, but the actual diet book will be explained in much more depth, I'm thinking.

Hello to everyone else reading this. :)

Yowza, I've got a sinus headache so bad that I think I'm going to have to take something for it. The farmer we rent to has harvested his corn and soybeans, so there's all kind of floaties in the air wreaking havoc with my head. And I saw a mouse this morning too - they come in when the crops are harvested. Neal will have to set more traps. He keeps poison in the sheds and that helps.

I'll try to check back later......

Marti
10-10-2006, 12:37 PM
Good Morning!

Just a quick hello as I need to eat breakfast and all.

But will try to catch up this evening.

Have a great Tuesday.

FrouFrou
10-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Hiya ladies...

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down...okay, so it's not Monday but it is a rainy day. I know we need it but something about them depresses me at times. I think too it's because I haven't heard from Josh yet. Just down in the dumps. But then I have been this way for about a week...I'm thinking menopause, ugh! Anyway...

JANE...hope your headache is/gets better. I hate those darn sinus headaches, almost as bad as a migraine for me. I'm hoping this rain washes away some of the ick that has been in the air. You are right about gardening and it being more of workout than going to the Y. I know I get a good workput when doing yardwork, especially the mowing. Shoot, I get a good workout cleaning house too sometimes. When I do a thorough cleaning.

SASSY...my doc was like that. for some reason I always felt uncomfortably with her. but she had her nice moments and she was a good doc. I too received a letter once saying she was going to drop me because I missed an appointment and forgot to call, ooopsie! :o I made sure after that if I had to miss I called. The sad thing is she quit without much warning after that. :( She was a biotch sometimes but she was a good doc and I do miss her. And, well, of course if you are not ovulating you're not going to get pregnant. I went through that after we lost out little Nathan. We tried for a couple of years after. I took the pills to regulate my TOM and some fertility drugs that didn't work. After that we decided if it happened it happened. Anyway, if she was good it probably would have been better to stick with her than to find someone else and have to basically start all over. But then you are supposed to be comfortable with your doc. About jury duty...they usually pick a lot more than they need because they have to go through questioning before they are picked...like are you prejudice against a certain race, etc. If you answer yes you get the boot and they move on to the next person. Also, if someone gets sick while the trial is going on and can't fulfill their duty they need backups.

Hiya MARTI...hope you have a good day at work.

Not much going on today. This weather is strange. Goes from the 80's down to the 50's...and I am a little chilly but refuse to turn the heat on...it's too soon. Went to It Figures and man I did not feel like going. I got in there and was dragging, just wanted to leave. But I stayed, and got in a good 40 mn. workout. After the first time around I got pumped to work out. I wasn't giving it 100% though...she had the heat on in there and I can not work out in the heat. OMG...made my headache worse. I hope she doesn't do that this winter. I mean it's only 54 and not that cold for the heat to be on, especially when you are exercising and you're working up a sweat, ick. So now I am just trying to get laundry done. Today is a good soup day, thinking about making some chili for dinner. Anyway, nothing else going on with me.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day! :flow1:

Jane
10-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Hello Miss Marti - hope you have a good day at work.

Hiya Cristina - no way could I exercise in the heat. If you think it's too hot, probably some of the others do, too, and someone will tell her about it. Here's hoping you hear from Josh soon. :hug: Let us know when you do, Cristi.

Well, here's my news for the day - guess when the baby is due? On Cristi's birthday - May 12th!! I looked it up, and that happens to be a Saturday, the day before Mother's Day. Gina said she had her other 2 babies early, but at least that gives us a date to shoot for. The heartbeat was 188 bpm which seems high, like a girl's heartbeat. I'm just praying for a healthy grandchild, and don't care about the sex. If I got to pick, it'd be a boy, though. But you already knew that, lol.

I have been so worn out, and so I took a 2 hour nap today. That means I'll be up late again, doesn't it. :dizzy: Well, I'm making a chicken casserole for dinner tonight, and although it's early, I've got the chicken cooking and it sure does smell good. I'll assemble it all at suppertime and bake it then.

Dale goes back to Mississippi tonight. Mary and the kids and Dale, too are all sad about that. I look for them to find a way for him to be here permanently soon.

Have a good evening, ladies!

FrouFrou
10-10-2006, 04:50 PM
wanted to share this with you ladies, thought it was too cute!

Why God made Moms -- BRILLIANT Answers given by 2nd grade school children to the following questions!!

Why did God make mothers?
1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.

How did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring
3. God made my Mom just the same like he made me. He Just used bigger parts.

What ingredients are mothers made of?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.

Why did God give you Your mother & not some other mom?
1. We're related
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like me.

What kind of little girl was your mom?
1. My mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.
2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
3. They say she used to be nice.

What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?

Why did your mom marry your dad?
1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mom eats a lot.
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My grandma says that Mom didn't have her thinking cap on.

Who's the boss at your house?
1. Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a goof ball.
2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
3. I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.

What's the difference between moms & dads?
1. Moms work at work and work at home & dads just go to work at work.
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller & stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's.
4. Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.

What does your mom do in her spare time?
1. Mothers don't do spare time.
2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.

What would it take to make your mom perfect?
1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
2. Diet. You know, her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.

If you could change one thing about your Mom, what would it be?
1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.
2. I'd make my Mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it and not me.
3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.

JANE...you know...earlier when I read that Gina was going for her ultra sound, I kept thinking, my birthday is a good day, lol! That is cool! but how many babies have actually been born on their due date? None of mine were. I am getting you and Mindee confused...was thinking pink thoughts for you, oops! Blue for you...I am excited for Gina and Terry :carrot: And, I do hope and pray that sometime soon Dale can find a good job close to home. I do know how hard it is seeing your hubby go off to work for days. Your dinner sounds delicious. :T

NORMA...just received the gift card today and I want to THANK YOU once again! :thanks: It will help a bunch!

Have a good one!

Jane
10-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Cristi -HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That thing about the moms was totally hilarious!!!! :lol3:

Ladies, here's a link for us to check out how many calories, fat, etc. we need to maintain our weight, lose weight, etc. I am very skeptical of "set" amounts, but this one seemed better than most.

http://nutrition.about.com/library/bl_nutrition_guide.htm

FrouFrou
10-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Thank you for that Jane! I di dit and printed out the info. Of course the amount of calories for me to maintain is really high (2093) and makes me wonder if I am actually eating that much. but to lose slowly is very doable and I wouldn't feel like I am starving. I am going to keep this and put it in my album...really makes one think and I am thinking I really need to be counting those calories!

Jane
10-10-2006, 05:47 PM
I thought it seemed high, too, but it's a good place to start. Since each body is different, it would make sense that we'd need to tweak it. I just always hate to read where an obese woman starts dieting on 800 - 1200 calories a day! No wonder those who do that don't last long. Seems like all over the boards, we read where somebody wants to lose so much so fast, and I know that isn't good for our bodies. Plus, the higher the calorie amount we can actually lose on, the higher our maintenance allowance. Another thing to consider is doing intention exercise and making sure we get resistance exercise, too. I know you do that, Cristi, and I need to do much more of it myself. Anyway, I was thinking that a person can begin with the recommendations given, and then adjust it to show a 1 1/2 -2 pound loss per week.

Sassy_Chick
10-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Hey all.

I just wanted to say you all are wonderful people and I have enjoyed my time here with you.

I think I am going to leave though. I just do not feel like I belong here. I am not doing what I should and it isn't fair to everybody else here who is working hard.

I will still send the stockings (once I get to buy them) to you Cristina.

Good Luck on your ventures with weightloss and I hope everything works out great for ALL of you!

Here is a P.S. for Jane and or Marti is there a way to transfer my paid subscription to get rid of the banners to another member? Just was wondering. No big deal if we can't.

Take care and feel free to keep in touch if you want. Cristina and Jane have all my info, if you are interested.

Katiecat
10-11-2006, 01:53 AM
Hi...it's late, and I can't post much, but I just came on to read tonight and wanted to respond to the last post.

Sassy...I'm not sure why you feel like you need to leave. :?: Everyone here is trying in their own way -- this is, after all, a weight loss site, and there's a reason we all came here in the first place. I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I didn't get to this weight eating carrots and celery and jogging every morning ;) Each of us has our own struggles and our own challenges, and we just try to support and encourage each other the best we can, and tell each other things that worked for us, share any victories we do have (no matter how small they may seem), and try to help each other up when we stumble. :cheer2: Myself, I've been at a stupid plateau since February and the scale won't budge (at least not in the RIGHT direction), I've been struggling to maintain the weight I've lost, I'm on at least two different meds that can cause weight gain (although the doctor listened to me today and is trying me on one that is supposed to be better, but there is no substitute for my nerve pain medicine), I hurt all the time so I don't want to exercise and I'm tired of whining about it all the time so I don't post very often, and I'm depressed as **** and I'm trying not to eat because I'm depressed, but all I want is chocolate and bread, preferably both, preferably at the same time, and I'd eat dark chocolate sandwiches if I thought I could get away with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fr:

Soooooo....like I said...each of us has our own struggles and challenges to deal with. And aside from the weightloss issues/struggles/victories, we share and encourage each other in our day-to-day lives, and I've made so many friends here. You are definitely welcome to stay and you fit in just like every other JL :grouphug: -- because you are different and unique, just like all the rest of us! :dizzy: If you choose to move on, I wish you the best of luck, but I hope you decide to stick around... :hug:

Sassy_Chick
10-11-2006, 04:25 AM
Thanks Marti for your kind PM. :hug:

Thanks Katie Cat for sharing your story. So sorry to hear about your depression and being in pain. :hug: I can sympathize. Also thanks for your kind words and support. Big :hug:

I think for now I am going to hang around, and maybe read a bit until my "hormones" calm down a bit. I think I had a "Breakdown", which I know that we all have sometimes. I appologize for my post. I should have signed off and waited until I had calmed down before posting.

Thanks.

Jane
10-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Good morning ladies,

Sassy - I'm so glad you decided to stay, because that saved me a trip to come and yank a knot in your tail, lol. Sweetie, if we each left when we weren't doing very well, this place would be a ghost town. I'd have been history loooooong ago! And I hope you won't ever again forget how much you bring to this little group of friends. I value your friendship so much, and would miss you like crazycakes if you left. What Mary Kate said is true - we all have our struggles, if we didn't, we wouldn't have signed up at a weight loss site in the first place. But the Jaded Lady philosophy is "What you weigh is not who you are". Yes, we hope to become healthy and reach our goal weight, but in the meantime, life goes on. Sheila, you have helped make our little home what it is, and you would be very, very missed if you left. :hug:

Mary Kate - could I get a little Miracle Whip on that dark chocolate sandwich, lol? Hopefully the substitution of the one med will help you - it's so not fair that some meds make us gain. Anyway, I wish you would post more often. You can vent to us, and also keep us up to date with what's going on in your life. :yes:

Well, today I'm going to start making a lounger/robe. I have such trouble finding one that suits me, so I decided to make my own. The fabric I found is in shades of blues and greens, and is a lightweight cotton. If I like the pattern, and it turns out ok, I'll make a warm fleece one, too.

This evening, my Body, Mind and Spirit group is responsible for putting on a dinner. I'm in charge of fruit salad and will help with clean up, so that isn't too bad. I bought some small, clear little dishes to serve the fruit in. Other than that, not much going on.

Have a good one, ladies! :hug:

Marti
10-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Hello....I have about 5mins to spare so lets see if I can type fast!

Sassy girl.....I'm so happy that you'll stay with us! :hug: Don't worry, no need for apologies! We all go through some tough times and we're here for you for all the support you need!

Jane.....What is a lounger robe? A robe that you lounge in?? Sorry for the ignorance here.:dizzy: I'm a size short if you'd like to make me one too! :lol: Please keep us updated on the ultrasound! I'd like to know if you're having a blue in the future! (won't he be spoiled if he were a boy amongst all them pretty little girls!)

MaryKate.....I hope that the doctor gives you meds that will help you feel better. I'm so sorry that you've been feeling down! We are always here for you if you need hugs!!:hug:

Cristi.....Seems dangerous to have heat on in a gym!! With body heat rising from all that exercise. People don't need extra ways of helping them sweat!! Hope they don't turn it up in the winter either!

Jules....Hope you're not working too much OT to catch up on things at work! (I've been doing the same darn thing and it doesn't seem to help!) Take some time to relax and enjoy your day Work Thoughts Free!

Norma....How are you feeling?? What a great accomplishment...20lbs! I think I've gained all that for you. :dizzy: Keep up the great work. What ever it is that you're doing...it's working.

My 5mins are up! I need to hit the shower and get going.

Hugs to all!

Sassy_Chick
10-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Morning Ladies. (Well its morning for me anyways!) lol.

Thanks Marti, Mary Kate and Jane for your kind words of support. You're right, that is what we are here for. I just kept feeling like such a failure. :( But I know that we all go through our ups and downs.

I think we have to stop by the Y today to give them our info so they can bill us each month, so maybe we will work out a bit while we're there or at least walk around the track. ;)

I also plan on cleaning out the fridge (it is a nightmare!) and the kitchen cabinets and then we can start fresh. Kind of "Wipe the Slate" clean. The thing that dissheartened me the most was that my "goal" was to lose at least 25#'s by now. I put a small goal on myself when I first started back in April, a silent goal, just to myself to lose 25# by 6 months and this month marks the 6th month. Silly as it is it just upset me that I hadn't reached it. I thought for sure I would reach it and then some by now!

Well I just wanted to share my thanks and also let you all know what kinda "set me off" I need to remember I'm not alone here and just deal with my feelings instead of "hiding". Hiding never works.............

I hope you all are well!

harkeyvalley
10-11-2006, 04:12 PM
Katie Cat, that was beautiful. You are absolutely right.

Sassy, I hope you find your niche. It's really hard to watch your weight when you have so many emotional things going on in your life. Hopefully, reading how others deal with pain, stress, dieting ups and downs and family issues will help you find answers or at least how to make it through each day with the least amount of difficulty. I wish you the best and post when the spirit moves you.

harkeyvalley
10-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Whoups! I must have missed a page! Welcome back Sassy! Sorry, I'm just showing my smarts, or the lack there of.

FrouFrou
10-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Hello ladies...

MS SASSY...I am so glad you decided to stay! And ditto what jane and MaryKate said. I am having the hardest time ever to even stay focused on losing weight with Josh where he is...he has consumed my thoughts...I think I am getting an ulcer! Between him and trying to lose weight. And some days I feel like not coming here at all because I don't want to whine, or burden anyone with it and I too feel like a failure sometimes. But we are here for each other, a shoulder to cry on, to help us through those tough times. I've been losing the same few pounds for a few years now. I do good and then just stop but the thing that I refuse to do is to ever quit. And coming here helps me...these ladies are the best and honestly, I wouldn't know what to do without them, you all. We've already lost too many as it is and I can't bear the thought of someone else going. No one ever said it was easy, if it were we all would be skinny! Lot's of hugs to you missy :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: About goals, I quit making goals...I feel like it is just setting me up for failure and I end up feeling like a failure when I don't make them.

JANE...you are right...I was reading that and I think the calories with the exercise to lose 1-2 pounds is a good amount. Like you, I've seen too many ladies go too low with the calories or try starving, it's just not good or healthy. And the say those are the ones who will most likely gain it all back and then some. While it may be taking me forever, I know one day I will get down to where I want to be, or at least close. But I know even if I don't I can live with that. Especially knowing that I am exercising and eating right, with a few mess ups along the way. Hope you dinner tonight is nice, which I know it will be.

MARY KATE...I too wish you could post more, but I wish more that you weren't in pain. We miss you around here missy. I hope the new meds help and chocolate sandwich?? Eeeewwww, lol! There was a time I loved chocolate but not so much anymore, thank goodness. But I do have a sweet tooth that I am always fighting. I don't know when it started but for the longest time I feel the need for something sweet after lunch. Not so much dinner but just lunch, weird. I do hope you get some relief soon. You shouldn't have to be in so much pain. :hug: :hug:

MARTI...yeah, I know if no one says anything and it is too hot in there once it gets cold I will say something to Charlotte. I agree, it can't be good being 80 degrees in there and trying to work out. How are you liking you treadmill?

Hello Tiffany, Norma, Jules, Kathy, Judith, Liz, Sue and anyone I missed! :wave:

Well, I've been up since a little after 4 a.m. again couldn't go to sleep for thinking of Josh. V kissed me by this morning and as soon as he pulled out of the drive way the stupid smoke alarm in the living room started beeping. I thought, okay, I'll just ignore it because I am too tired to mess with it right now. DD knocked on the door and asked if I heard that. Yeah, I was trying to ignore it and deal with it later. Ernie though was going crazy running up and down the basement stairs and under the bed. UGH! I didn't have a 9volt battery to replace it so had to drag in the ladder to reach the stupid thing only to find a bunch of wires, ugh again! So it beeped until a little after 6 while I took a shower to run to the store to get some batteries. But once I am up I am up...tried to lay back down and go back to sleep...think I dozed in and out for a hour. :dunno: Needless to say I am not a happy camper and I am sleepy. :dz: :yawn: :tired: But I had errands to run, not a good idea being so grouchy. Had to get those pictures off to Josh, run to Penney's to take something back, get my wedding rings checked and cleaned (that time already) get some lotion from Bath & Body...was totally out, bought some Christmas cards for the troops (for the radio station guy taking them over to Iraq) 5 boxes since I got them at the Nifty Fifty store for 1/2 off. Didn't make it to It Figures, didn't think it would work anyway, not in the mood at all. And it seemed like every idiot driver was on the road today and in front of me, UGH! Glad I have dinner cooking so maybe after Jeopardy I might take a nap...afraid I won't wake up for hours though. If not I am going to bed at 9, maybe-we'll see. I soaked my pinto beans overnight and cooked them early this morning. Cooked the ground beef when I got back and put it all together in the crock pot. So it's basically done, just simmering for hours. I'll make some cornbread muffins later. Anyway...

About the weight loss...I have decided to not focus on the food part anymore, or make anymore goals. As I said above to Sassy, it seems everytime I make a goal I am setting myself up to fail, and I usually do, why? I don't know. When I was doing the WATP book (the walking diet,lol) she says to not focus on the food that it will come later. And when I did that I lost 13 pounds. Of course then I stopped for some stupid reason (again, don't know why-think I blamed the winter and it being too cold to walk, which was not an excuse because I have a treadmill!) and gained a little bit back, but I stopped myself in time and didn't gain it all back. I didn't focus on the food part and did good so I am going back to that concept...exercise, exercise, exercise! I think the eating part will fall into place like it did before and if it doesn't then I will have to try counting calories or points. Wish me luck ladies. Okay, blabbing now...

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a nice day :hug: :hug: :hug:

FrouFrou
10-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Hiya Ms Norma! :wave:

I saw you had posted while I was writing that novel. Sorry ladies for the long post, it's been one heck of a day for me. Tomorrow is a new day!

I'll post on the other threads tomorrow because my computer is so freaking slow! Or it's the time of day I am on...not normally on this late. But then this is how my whole day has been so...see ya tomorrow! :wave: :hug:

jules1216
10-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Sassy--I am here to tell you from personal experience that going away from supportive people will do nothing to help--it only makes it worse and then you feel depressed and lurk awhile but don't post because you feel weird about it and don't know what to say or when to jump in..so don't leave--avoid the stress you will cause yourself. I am still the same weight that I have been since January with a one or two pound fluctuation--it's very aggravating.

Cristina--you and Sue are making me want to make chili and cornbread this weekend--it's suppossed to be colder. I liked the kids answers to the questions about mom's. I am sorry you are mising Josh. He is in my prayers.

Hi to you HarkerValley!

Marti--a little OT but not too much--it's like you say--the ot doesn't seem to help all that much. It is getting alot better, I am not afraid that the piles will fall on the floor anymore.....

Jane--your group sounds nice--have fun, I hope the dinner goes well.

Katie--i have been wondering if the anxiety meds are making me gain??? Hope you are doing well and having no pain.

Well, I just wanted to check in. My allergies are bothering me and I just may go to bed early--the allegra makes me sleepy sometimes.

Jane
10-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Hey, we're close enough to 50 for a new thread.... see ya at #216. :D