WW Clubs and Groups - #169 Bale of Turtles Working Hard

View Full Version : #169 Bale of Turtles Working Hard

Itryharder
10-05-2006, 01:00 PM
:carrot: :welcome3:
We are the Turtle Group here at 3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren) :cool:

Princess1122
10-06-2006, 09:28 AM
It is a beautiful fall day here... in the low 40's this morning but supposed to warm up to the 60's this afternoon... and it is sunny and clear out... they are calling for a wonderful weekend and that is a good thing...

We are going to tackle the cleaning of the garage this weekend so that should be fun! Bob Seger he is coming to town in November so I am going to be on line Saturday morning trying to get tickets to his show... very excited... love Bob Seger!

Ariana: I normally don't get to excited about a week either but I am ready to see a drop again so I guess that is what is making me nervous about W/I this week. I understand about skipping a W/I once in a while, I have been known to do that also :D

All: Best wishes for a wonderful weekend!
Susan

Itryharder
10-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Hi Turtles,
Check out the last posts on 168 because there's a lot of good information there.
Chris, As far as biting and kicking toddlers and little kids, I'm at a loss but Super Nanny on TV has amazing ideas that work with the worst little kids I've ever seen. Give it a shot because she does great work and harmonizes a household.
All goes well here. I'm over my momentary hissy fit about gaining even though I worked so hard last week. Had so many social occasions and even opted out of a few offers so I could stay in check. Yesterday I ate more than I wanted and had to have a chat with myself telling myself to stop it and get back on track today. Although we don't have plans for theweekend, I think we'll be getting over to my daughter's house to help out and visit with the grandbaby. He sure is an active little guy.
I wish you all the best. I know I have purposely skipped a WI here and there when I knew I would see a gain. Now that my scale's in the closet, I'm not exactly sure what I weigh anymore. For those of you who skipped WI this week, good for you because you are the expert of yourself. Good luck with figuring out the exercise and food intake that leads to fitness and a weight loss. You guys are the best!
Happy weekend everyone.
Judy :cool:

Ariana2000
10-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Good afternoon, ladies!

chrily
10-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Hey ya didn't lose me this time. LOL.

Anyhow, I had a busy day today. Took my SIL to her doctor appts and then to the prosthetic place, and to Target to get her prescriptions, then pick up the kids at school, pick up hubby's parts from the parts warehouse, drove out to SIL house and took care of her cats...now I'm home finally and need to make dinner.

Okay..I'm fessing up . I haven't done good with eating today at all. I'm not going to overload at dinner so help me!

chris

bandit2
10-07-2006, 10:23 AM
Hi everyone:

Stayed the same at my w/i this week & was alittle disappointed since I was very good & this weekend is Thanksgiving so that will be a challenge but hopefully should have some sort of loss next week.

Lots to do this weekend, so just stopping by to say Hi & have a great one!

Itryharder
10-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Dear Turtles,
I think there is a weight loss conspiracy against the turtles! Have you noticed how, even doing well, we are not seeing the weight loss on the scale?
It has affected every one of us. Hmmm. We've got to get to the bottom of this. I'm sending :goodvibes: to all of us to see a weight loss on the scale this week. It's difficult to keep on doing the right thing and then not get rewarded on the scale. Okay, I understand TOM, fluid intake, muscle build-up, looser fitting clothes, etc. but I admit I have to see the weight go down too!
Bandit, Happy Thanksgiving! I saw it was coming up on my calendar because my calendar features both USA and Canadian holidays. Do well, be well.
:cp: here's a :bravo: to help you along.
Chris, you're doing a lot right now, but just think--even though I wasn't clear about starting the new thread, you keep right on track. :cp: Yay for you.
Things will get better, I promise.
Ariana, good afternoon to you. Have fun on your coffee date. Sounds very :cool:
Princess, glad to see the good weather returning. Perfect day for cleaning out the garage! I do flylady.net and am so much happier now that I've got a simple routine that I can follow. Before I spent a lot more time cleaning and I was a lot less happy. LOL.
Weather here was supposed to be sunny and cool. Well, they've got the cool part right. I'm looking forward to today to catch up on the things I want to get done.
Take care, do well, and keep on keepin' on.
JUdy
Itryharder :cool:

Princess1122
10-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Well W/I went really badly... not sure what happened but the scale had me up 2.4.... so I have looked at the whole thing and I see a few areas that I can improve on so that is my game plan...

Busy but productive weekend... I have to run but will check back in later on.

Susan

chrily
10-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Slow thread and yes I've been super busy. Today wasn't too bad until Cole chucked his toy box lid at Conner after Jen got home from work, and right before I needed to pick Tiana up from school. She had to run him in and he's got 3 stitches above his eye and one nasty black eye. I'm thinking Cole had better hide his rear end from his dad when he gets home from work because I don't think much of its going to be left. It was BAD!

You'd all be proud of me. I actually went to the gym last night and did 15 min of elliptical, 25 treadmill, 45 crunches, and some stretching. My back felt so good after having a nice stretch. LOVED IT! Now if I could just keep up with it. I need to get a handle on this. I love to get up and move but just don't have much incentive to.

The weight loss conspiracy better bug off! Let's whip its little butt and bulldoze it and get on with our "losing".

Chris

Itryharder
10-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Hi Turtles,
Man, I can't believe Princess went up in weight. Something's definitely going on here. I'm glad you noticed some places that might benefit from tweaking and will work on that. In the meantime I'm sending :goodvibes: to you and :bravo: to all of us for perservering even when the times get tough.

I am avoiding my WW WI today. It makes me sad to do this, but I can't face a gain on the scale, am sure I will be up, have had a totally poor week, and have started again to do the right thing for myself, good health , and weight loss.

Bandit, sorry you :goodscale: didn't budge. Not fair! Here's to a much better week for all of us.
Chris, holey moley--the drama never stops at your place. Here's :cp: to help you feel valued and appreciated as you get through these tough times.

Good wishes to all. Ariana, how did your coffee date go?
Turtles--let's do this!
Judy

chrily
10-11-2006, 12:29 PM
So far, its a quiet day around here. I''m liking that. It's kind of spitting snow a little outside too. One of those dreary days I guess. I have homework to do but THank God, not much of it. Well, less than usual anyhow.

I think I will walk on my treadmill tonight. No gym because I have to lead a chat online for my accounting group at school.

Check back in a bit. Did we tell that weight loss voodoo to take a hike yet???

chris

Ariana2000
10-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Good afternoon, ladies. I had a good weekend, the coffee date turned into dinner really, and it was okay, but just okay. Saturday I saw "The Illusionist" with my friend Lisa (great movie), and then we went to dinner. I think I did pretty well, but I did miss my fourth workout due to being unwell part of the week, so we'll see. Work is okay, very frantic and stressful. I'm ready for the weekend already! Maybe I'll take Friday off.

Bandit -- sorry you maintained. Uh...isn't thanksgiving *next* month? :D (Then I read Judy's post.) OH! Canadian thanksgiving. :D Gotcha...

Judy -- I don't know what's going on either with all of us. I know what you mean, inches lost, etc. is nice, but what we all really want to see is numbers going down on the scale. Thank you, Judy. the date was ok. Sorry you are having such a rough week. But you can get back on track -- I have faith in you! (Besides, I really think it is okay to avoid a WI if you don't do it often -- maybe, once a quarter?

Princess: sorry about the weight gain. I think you have a good attitude, looking at your strategy and seeing what can be improved.

chrily
10-11-2006, 08:35 PM
I'm back and counting down the last 30 min of my wonderful day of babysitting. I had to take my SIL to a dr appt again and then to the grocery store. My back hurts pretty good from hoisting her wheelchair into the back of her truck all the time. I don't know what to do except baby it along. There just isn't anyone else to help her. After Kelly's suspension from work last week, he doesn't dare doing anything to jeopardize his job and their mom has emphysema and COPD...so...

Well at least I don't have to cook dinner tonight. My SIL is making us supper as a thank you for helping her out. :) That'll be nice.

Gonna go play a few games on pogo before Jen gets home.

chris

Itryharder
10-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Hi TUrtles,
What I know more than anything is that when I don't want to follow eating habits that lead to fitness and good health, I avoid this site. Well, I also know that doesn't work. I skipped my WI at WW's this week, but am detemined to go next Wed. This is only Friday. I dragged my scale out of the closet because not weighing didn't work. It read high, but in one day I am already better than yesterday. So far today has been good. So, today I am :cp: and :bravo: all of us even if a *conspiracy* is out there undermining our good efforts. This is :goodvibes: to all of us for a :goodscale: WI whenever we WI this week.
Please chime in, state your efforts, your problems, and how you're handling them. I'll see you all in onederland!
Love,
Judy
:cool:

chrily
10-14-2006, 02:39 AM
just flying by for now. I'll check back tomorrow. I've been stuck in homework overloead. Time to rest my eyes and brain. I just have this nasty feeling I'm going to be dreaming about algebra equations all night. No fun...need sleep.

chris

Princess1122
10-16-2006, 09:13 AM
Morning all, well I had a very busy weekend but W/I went ok. Down 1.8 and I will take that! I was hoping for me but I will take what I can get.

Had family in on Saturday for a big very un-healthy yearly dinner that we do, so glad it is only one time a year! But it is just soooo much work and Sunday I just kind of layed around... which was not good since it was nice out and I could have gone for a walk or a ride but instead I made a meal and relaxed. I am back on track though.

Judy: I know what you mean about avoiding this site and other things when we are being bad or just not feeling motivated.

Ariana: Dating is just so much fun :D

I have to run but will check back later on.
Susan

bandit2
10-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Good Monday morning, Turtles:

Nice weekend up here - getting cooler but still nice & crisp. Got my trailer all closed up & cleaned out and did some Halloween decorating as well.
Was down 2 # at my w/i Fri so was very pleased with that.

Have lots of social things going on & I am sooooooooooo excited - I am going to see Barbara Streisand tomorrow night - can't wait!!!

Princess - congrats on your loss this week. Good for you!

Good luck everyone else & talk soon.

Itryharder
10-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Princess and Bandit,
:cp: :goodscale: and :bravo: to you both. Those fabulous WI's help us all to keep inspired, do the right thing, and have our own successes. Yay!
Weigh to go!

Princess, I know what you mean about calorie laden traditional dinners. I've gotten to the point when I'd just as soon do without, but the company is fun.
Lots of work, though.

Bandit, you're really a busy turtle right now with packing up the trailer for the winter. Now tell us, exactly how did you lose so nicely when you had your Canadian Thanksgiving such a short time ago.

All goes semi=well here. Went to dear grandbaby's 2nd. birthday party on Saturday. This time my dd catered the party and called in a cleaning service right before. That's all stuff we didn't have to help her with and I appreciated that. She's really busy and her toddler is a ball full of non-stop energy. Love him to pieces, but he's non a restful type. LOL. My eating was okay at the party and I"m still struggling with doing the right thing. I cannot expect to knock off all the weight I put on in one week, but I need to do the right thing every day to get the weight off. I'm working on one day at a time right now. Good luck to us all. Take care and be well.
Judy :cool:

bandit2
10-16-2006, 03:12 PM
Hi Judy - I knew I had big dinners last week, so ate carefully before & after each one. I enjoyed my special dinners & had abit of everything - even pie & stuffing. Also, got in some extra walks. And as I said before, I thought I would have been down the week before & wasn't so maybe my body just caught up with the loss. Whatever the reason, I was happy.

Take care.

Itryharder
10-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Bandit, Great explanation! Thanks. Have a wonderful time at the Streisand concert. Yay!
Judy

chrily
10-16-2006, 09:42 PM
I'll check back tomorrow when I feel better. I think I'm battling a flu bug. Oh how great its that!!!

Chris

Princess1122
10-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Morning all... another rainy day here in Indy but I think the sun is supposed to come out later on today... at least I hope so since I am going to cook supper on the grill tonight :D

Bandit: You did great! I am praying that I have that much will power when we have our Thanksgiving!

Judy: How are you doing? I just know that you are going to have a super weigh in this week :hug:

All: Hope all is well with everyone... stay well and I will stop back by later on.

Susan

Itryharder
10-17-2006, 11:19 AM
H:i Turtles,
Chrily, hope the flu passes quickly and you're feeling A-OK very soon. :hug:

Princess, thanks for the cheer. I can use it. For whatever reason I am really struggling. However, yesterday was okay and I vow to myself to make today better. I will go to WI tomorrow with the feeling that I've done the best I could and need to keep on keepin' on.

Everybody have a good day.\
Judy

chrily
10-17-2006, 01:36 PM
Morning all..well nothing exciting happened yesterday. I think my allergies are playing havoc on me. I get to this point where I breathe in and feel a catch in my chest and that I don't get enough air...then I panic. Then I get lightheaded and it gets worse. Well of course that makes my breathing worse, which does it again. I had to sleep on it and wake up this morning and re evaluate what is going on. My nose feels swollen, my head feels packed and my ears are ringing....doesn't sound like I'm dying of a brain tumor or anything. I'm taking my decongestants like crazy...gotta get this out of me. Now I feel half loopy...kind of tired but the pseudefed makes my skin feel tingly and I get a little jittery. I'm not a good person for taking meds. A full adult dose puts me out...:D I do have horrible allergies year round but winter and spring are my worst months. And lo and behold we woke up this morning to snow on the ground. I love the snow just don't like the effects on my body...

I don't have any immediate exercise goals today...I'd probably make myself dizzy and slide of the back side of the treadmill but I am going to drink at least 64 oz of water and stay within my points range.

check back later after I delve into my homework a little.

Chris

Itryharder
10-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Hi Turtles,
I went to my WW's WI today and was up 1.8#. Somehow not hitting the 2# up made me feel better. It was brave and necessary because I knew I'd be up and I knew if I procrastinated I'd weigh even more next week and that's not the way I want to go.
So, I'm putting BAndit's and Ariana's and Princess's and Chrily's ideas to work and am keepin' on keepin' on. Good luck and :grouphug: to us all.
Judy
234.6/218.2/thinner into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
10-19-2006, 10:33 AM
Judy: I know how you feel, I really do, brush yourself off and get back on track and that increase will turn into a negative really quickly! I know it will work for you once you get going.

Ariana: what is new in your neck of the woods?

Bandit: How is the weather up your way? Is it getting super cold yet?

All: Well I had a very wonderful moment the other day. A lady that works in the office building next to ours happened to be in the bathroom at the same time as I was and when I came out of the stall she looked at me and said "wow! you are just shrinking away to nothing!" And when I said thank you she said "no! I really mean and can not believe that I did not notice before, your face and everything is so much slimmer!" She then asked me what I have been doing and I told her WW and exercise along with a Pilates class and she said that I had inspired her to go back to WW and try it again. It all felt very good and really gave me a boost! One that I needed so it was a wonderful moment for me :dance:

Also! My boss is sending my husband and I to Hawaii for a week in April for my years of service and hanging on when most have left the company due to all of the troubles and such that it has gone thru over the last year. I am very excited and it has really given me something to work towards... I will never look awesome in a bathing suit and a bikini is out of the question but I would sure like to look nice, or at least not have everyone stare at my jelly legs and tummy... if that makes sense to anyone.

So it has been a good week so far and a very much needed break from the daily stress and grind.

I will be back soon!

Susan

Itryharder
10-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Princess,
Thanks for the pep talk. I feel in a much better place than before and when I look back on these weeks and the successes and struggles, I realize I could have been much worse off. Right now I am going to put my points tracker on the fridge, count in everything that is off Core and see a real good loss this week. Yay! :goodscale:

My goodness, you had a dynamo of a day. Way to go! A trip to Hawaii for sticking in there. My word! What an affirmation of doing the right thing and getting rewarded for it. Seems that there's a comparison there with our WW journey too. I love that your co-worker saw the difference, really commented so positively about your weight loss, and even told you that you have inspired her. That's fabulous! :bravo: :cp: :cp:

So, today I am off to see and play with my grandbaby. I am taking good food with me to make sure I stay on track and not wander into his cookies, etc. Big temptation at his home because they stock things I don't. Guess it's time to juice up the willpower and remember what I'm doing.\

Take care, have a great day everybody.
Judy

bandit2
10-19-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone:

Just typed a big long post & it wouldn't take, so I will try & create it again.

Judy - good for you for getting back on track & being accountable. With your good food choices, you will have a great w/i next week. Keep it going.

Princess - WOW You must be so thrilled to be going to Hawaii - nice to be rewarded for your hard work & loyalty. And, you will be able to show off all your weight loss efforts - Nice!

I also got a thrill Tues evening seeing Barbra Steisand in concert. She was absolutely fabulous - something I will never forget. She has been one of my favorities for years so I feel so lucky to have been able to see her perform.

I have not been doing good this week with my food choices. But, today have been OP so far. Seems when I have had a good week, I sabotage myself instead of staying on track.

Anyone else watch "Grey's Anatomy" - love the show.
Anyway, have a great day & HI to everyone else as well.

chrily
10-20-2006, 12:14 AM
Hi all....

Bandit, I bet that was an extaordinary concert. That would be a once in a life time memorable thing for me. I love her singing. And she's not a bad actress either. She's just all out talented....

Don't want to get too personal right now. I'm trying to watch Er. Check back later.

My goal tomorrow is 64 oz water and at the very least 15 min on the treadmill.

chris

Princess1122
10-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Hi all!

Just a quick stop by to see what is going on with everyone... busy day today and I went for a hair cut on my lunch hour which I hate to do because then I feel all itchy for the rest of the day at work but it was the only time she had available.

Best wishes for a great weekend!
Susan

Itryharder
10-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Hi TUrtles,
:cheer: :cb: :cloud9:
Hi Guys, Thought we could use a nice positive outlook for the weekend. Yesterday was such a pleasant day. Got together with dd and dgrandbaby and dh and got the baby's photos taken.. On eof those experiences that started out not so good and ended up fine. I'm busy working on trying to make lots of things end up fine. It's a good goal!
Food was a little off Core, but I added up my extra points and marked them off. If I'm careful today, I'll be fine. Yay!
Take care, have a lovely and healthy weekend and check in here when you can.
Love,
Judy

Princess1122
10-23-2006, 12:39 PM
Happy Monday all...

Just a quick check in as I was at the dentist this morning and the Novocain has worn off so I am not feeling so well...

W/I was ok... down .8, i'll take it and not complain too loudly :D

I have to run but will stop back when I am feeling better.

Susan

Itryharder
10-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Hi Turtles,
I'm hoping for a weight loss this week. Eating better.
Princess, the weigh I look at it, .8# is almost a pound and a pound a week is fifty-two pounds in a year. Weigh to go! Yay! :cheer: :cp: :bravo:
:goodscale:
Judy

bandit2
10-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Hi everyone:

Princess - congrats on your loss, all adds up & remember "baby steps"

Judy - Good luck with your w/i this week.

Chrilly - Yes, the concert was absolutely "Babulous"

I missed my ww mtg last Fri morning due to a dentist appt. I chipped off the instead of a molar which was already filled eating popcorn & was due for a cleaning as well. So, that took longer than expected & my mtg was long over by the time I finished there.

I am aiming at going this Sat morning, since I have tomorrow off & working Fri instead. I have been focussing on making better choices this week - that is my goal.

Anyway, have a great "turtle day" and drink all your water!!

Itryharder
10-24-2006, 12:12 PM
Hi Turtles,
Good work we're all doing! :cheer:
See you on our next thread: #170
Judy