Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 09:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 / 180/ 160

Height: 5'8"

Default What do you want?...

Ok. So before I ask this question, I want to give a little bit of an introduction as to WHY I'm asking this...- this past month, I've seen a lot of turning points...and there's still a few more to come.

Turning Point #1 - First off - I graduated college 3 years ago in 2003 and since then have been going from menial job to crappy menial job getting paid, MAYBE $8 / $10 per hour nowhere NEAR enough to support myself...and FINALLY after YEARS of hard work I'm making a VERY AWESOME and RESPECTABLE salary (about twice what I was making at those crappy jobs) and I absolutely LOVE my job. I actually enjoy what I do...(btw, I just started this job this past month, in September - same company i've been working at for a year - but a much higher position and I'm just so happy and proud that I'm finally USING my education...

Turning Point #2 - I've finally, honestly realized I need to take time for ME. I am going to quit dating for a bit (i'm 27 never married, no kids, etc...) - I met someone in November of last year and fell head over heels in love - became a part of his family - and by January we had decided to move in together...everything was absolutely perfect, yes - even though it had moved VERY fast...however, at the end of January my boyfriend decided to go back to drugs (he was an ex-addict)...and I was absolutely HEARTBROKEN when he broke up with me - seriously cried for MONTHS...and I met this new guy in August - we've dated until this past weekend...when he told me that he had done some drugs. As much as it hurt me to do. I stood up for myself and I left him!! I realized that I don't NEED that kind of crap in my life - especially not after how bad it hurt the first time. Plus, too - at least this time, he had been honest with me and I knew it wasn't really "going" anywhere (he's 13 years older than me...) and he told me he wasn't looking to fall in love - just wanted to be my friend/lover...and I know I DO want more - even though I loved being with him and hanging out and all that, I realized I don't need to "waste" my time and energy on someone who DOESN'T want the same things I do...but I've NEVER been one to leave someone I like - even when it's the best thing for me...it hurts - but it's the right decision.

Now. 2 years ago, I hit my WW goal and became a lifetime member at 160 lbs (i'm 5'8"). 2 years later, i'm back up 24 pounds to 184. I'm not happy with that at all. I WAS a size 9 and now i'm back up to a 13. I don't have NEAR the amount of energy I used to have - after I'd gotten to goal...I don't fit into my nice business clothes anymore (my other job that I just got promoted FROM was in the lab and I wore scrubs all the time...) and now that I GET to wear business clothes / dress up for work, it's hard because most of my clothes don't fit anymore.

So. This payday is FINALLY the first time I'm going to actually have money to do something!! as in...#1 - i'm going back to my 24 hour gym (which i can't WAIT for...) AND i'm going back to WW'rs too - and I know my WW'r meeting place has a special for lifetime members to come back - 6 weeks for $48 (that's like $8 / week!) and also, at my job, I'm the team captain for my team for my company's "world walk" - my company (global) has decided to do a world walk where a bunch of our sites around the world makes teams of 5 people (there's a total of about 500 worldwide) all get pedometers and we have to walk 10,000 / day for the next 6 weeks.

Also, one last note - I'm in TaeKwonDo and friday is my next belt test in which I'm testing for my 4th belt - Green. I am SO out of shape and with all the stress and crap i've been under - since I started back in May, I've actually GAINED 10 pounds and feel less in shape now, as a Green belt than I did in May as a white belt!

But, now it's time.

I am posting a second post to start my question...WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Last edited by Indychick829; 10-04-2006 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220 / 180/ 160

Height: 5'8"

ok, so now that I explained all of that...the question is: WHAT DO YOU WANT?

as in - I've decided to write down a list of not only goals - but specifically things that I think of that I really truly honestly WANT. And this all doesn't necisarily have to be weight related - but what do you want for your life?

And I'm putting this list in my planner (where I keep everything - including my WW'r stuff as well as my diary & life basically)

1. I want to be healthy.
2. I want to lose 30 pounds and get back down to 155 lbs.
3. I want to wear my grey slacks that are a size 9.
4. I want to be able to do a back spinning kick in TaeKwonDo.
5. I want to save money and actually have money in a savings account.
6. I want to pay my car off by the end of 2007 instead of August of 2008.
7. I want to be able to wear my skinny jeans.
8. I want ALL of my jeans to fit - instead of the ONE pair that do now...
9. I want to be known as that "health freak" again...(i used to be...lol)
10. I want to look in the mirror and see my "old self"...as in the girl that I got to know and LOVE when I hit my goal 2 years ago...
11. I want to be able to free spar (fight) in TaeKwonDo class without getting winded or dizzy.
12. I want to be happy with EVERY aspect of my life. work. health. friends, etc...

so - now that i've gone ON AND ON about me...it's time for you to "be selfish" and tell us all what YOU want.

And print out your list and keep it somewhere where only YOU can see it - cuz you always need to know what you want and WHY you want it.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:46 PM   #3  
I'll look like this again

S/C/G: 294/285.5/145

Height: 5'7"

Wow, very thoughtful post. I've been thinking about similar things since turning 45 this year. I know I'm not near the person I want to be and I made a list as well.
  1. Get rid of the excess weight. I know I have the ability,desire, and the strength to lead a healthy life.
  2. Become more spiritually oriented. I let the outside world control too much of my mind and time. It's time I began to look inward.
  3. Yoga - I need to begin a serious practice.
  4. Limit television because there is just too much living and learning to do.
  5. Expand my universe through reading and experiencing new ideas and situations.
  6. Eliminate negativity by eliminating gossip (including talking about family members, ) and thinking caring thoughts towards those I perceive as being idiots. I'm sure you all know what I mean by this - when stuck behind a slow driver I'd rather think "gee, there must be a good reason why this person is driving this way", rather than "hey dum@$$, get out of my way".
  7. Practice meditation.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:07 AM   #4  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Hmmmm,

What the heck, I'll even tell the truth.

What I want:

1. To go to Heaven. Hands down, this is top priority.

2. To always improve my marriage.

3. To be a great Mom to the child we're adopting.

4. To get to my weight and fitness goal

5. To get far enough out of debt to work a little less than full time.

Ipa
Closed Thread