Support Groups - Weighty Issues #45 October 06'

View Full Version : Weighty Issues #45 October 06'

angieME
10-04-2006, 01:15 PM
:welcome3: to the OCTOBER edition of our Weighty Issues thread

Fall is here. The leaves have started to change, the weather is getting cooler. It is time to get out there and get in some brisk walks :running: and enjoy this nice weather. Who doesn't wanna look good and more importantly, FEEL good instead of ----> :yikes: Need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the East Coast to the West Coast.

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on , come on in,
grab a chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did. :cofdate:

angieME
10-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Hi Noelle. I figured since it is a new month that I should start a new thread even though we seem to have lost a few people do to busy lives. :lol: I know they will be back when they get time. I hope so anyways.

The kids all have this next week off from school. I am sure they are excited about that. :lol: I wished everything wasnt so hectic right now I would like to try to squeeze in a night out in the RV if I could find an open campground.

Well, I should get movin and do something. :lol: I hope more of you get a chance to post today. We miss you. If there are any new lurkers that feel like posting we would love to have you.

melekalikimaka
10-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Gah! I didn't even realize it was a new month...with the 1st being a Sunday and all, it snuck right by me! :lol: I mean, I knew it was October... sheesh, Christmas will be here before you know it. I have been laying around the house these past few days, going into the office to get the necessary things done then just vegging out and lounging with Michael. He's on vacation til the 12th. We may go to see the movie Open Season today, i'm thinking I'll sneak in a bag of microwave popcorn for free :s:

Good luck with the counseling and everything. Tough love will get Brit through. Hang in there for her. :hug: She's a kid acting like a kid, time for her to do a little growing up. I hope you get some counselors or therapists with a brain this time.

Well, I guess I should get off to the office and see what kind of mail came in. Chat more later. :wave:

cwneeds2lose
10-05-2006, 12:36 AM
Hi everyone,

Things have been busy here. I haven't even been on my computer for a few days, which is usually very odd. Anyway, I lost 1.2 pds this week. Yeah. I didn't lose any last week, as my dad ended up back in the hospital (stress eating from that) and my period. Anyway, I stayed the same last week, with the 1.2 loss this week. I've found myself a local buddy, and we're walking and counting points together.

Angie, hang in there. :hug: I can't stand those counselors that blame everything on others. when I took my son to counseling, his counselor told him and us, "there is a consequence for everything you do." That goes for Brit too. She needs to learn there is a consequence, and stop putting the blame on you. I'm really beginning to think you should let her go stay with Dips and her family, so they can shape her up. ;) I agree with Noelle, don't let that .5 gain get you even more stressed out. You've done so well, and I know you'll get to your goal. :dust:

Cal, I'm sure your counting down the days till school is out, and you can get a little rest for a few weeks. My son and DIL are going to Disneyland (without the little one) this weekend. They're talking of taking Taylor in December. She's not even two yet, and talks up a storm. Anyway, Taylor is already talking with excitement about Disneyland. I took my son when he was two and swore I'd never take a child under the age of five. However, I'd love to see her at Disneyland. I hope you go, and really enjoy yourself during your school break.:)

Noelle, I'm going to LasVegas next week. My husband is going for business, so the only thing I have to pay for is my own food, and gambling. The gambling part isn't a huge necessity as I like to play penny slots. I know, I'm a high roller. What can I say. Anyway, I'll probably be leaving as your getting there. I hope you enjoy yourself.:balloons:

I hope to be back soon to talk to you guys.

angieME
10-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Good Morning girls!! It is cold outside today!! BRRR!!

Noelle, I want to go watch Open Season so bad! Was it good? Me and Corey saw previews for it back in April and have been waiting for it to come out. I am going to take the twins down to see it sometime on their school vacation if I can swing the time. But....I am also looking forward to the theater popcorn. MMM. I havent been to the movies since me and Jay were 16. :lol:

CW, Hi!! CONGRATS on your loss!!!! :carrot: :hug: :bravo: :dance: :cp: GREAT JOB!!! I am so proud of you!

Have fun in VEGAS!!!

I have to go wrap some fudge up for the bakery. I will check back later.

melekalikimaka
10-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Hey ladies, just taking a coffee break from work. (so far I've balanced my checkbook and managed not to spill anything on my desk :lol: ). Angie, Open Season was hilarious, not just for kids but for adults too. Something about Ashton Kutcher's portrayal of Elliot (the one-antlered deer) is too funny but I especially liked the Scottish(?) squirrel in the tree. Go see it and enjoy the popcorn too. I didn't bring a bag of my own, but instead bought the kids portion for me and Michael to share, so that was a change--if Rick comes along he usually buys the large bag w/butter.... tastes good but so much cals. Go have fun.

Hi cw :wave: Congrats on your pounds lost, downward is good! I hope and pray your dad is on his way to recovery, it is really difficult to have a parent be ill, even if we are adults. :hug: You hang in there and enjoy your time in Vegas. We arrive really late Thursday night I think. And if you just so happen to leave some $$$ behind, I'll try and win it back for ya ;) :lol: You know, this time the past 2 years in a row we took our son and niece to Disneyland, it was a blast--and the first year we took them I got to meet Cal. That was a great time too!

Cal, how many more days left? tick tick tick tick.... :D

Well, I better get back to work or I never will. :p

Have a good one :wave:

melekalikimaka
10-05-2006, 06:11 PM
p.s. Angie, thanks for sending the "pumpkin". I couldn't have picked a better one myself... :whoo:

angieME
10-06-2006, 09:59 AM
Good Morning. Holy cow it was cold out this morning!! All the leaves on the ground were covered in frost. :yikes: Me and jay are going to see Brit tonight. I told her to write a list of things that have been bothering her and we can go over it. I figured this way maybe I wont be so shocked in an actual counseling session and caught off guard. We have another team meeting on Wednesday to set her up for the counseling program so I am sure that she will be home next week sometime.

Noelle, Great Job on only buying the kids size portion. I know I wont be that good when we go. :lol: I am glad you liked the pumpkin. haha

Do you guys think Kempy is settled in her new house yet? The last time she posted was on September 1. I hope we hear from her soon.

I had to go to the candy counter the other day at the Mall to get Corey some chocolate covered coffee beans. While I was there I saw these coffee flavored things by Jelly Belly called JB'z so I was thinking they were jelly beans and I bought a bag. I love the buttered popcorn jelly beans. YUM

Well, when I got them out to the truck they werent jelly beans but these m&m things with a flavored coating on them like, cappuccino,mocha,coconut etc. OH MY GOD!!!!! They are so good!!! I think I am addicted to them. Thankfully the Mall is an hour from home. :lol:

angieME
10-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Hey, I wonder if I should modify my vaca goal. I only have 10 weeks left to lose 23 pounds and I bet that would be pushing it especially since doing WW my weightloss has been slower than any other time I have dieted.

calnative
10-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Just very quick. It's vacation time!!!!!!!!!!!! I got home about 4 this afternoon. I would have left school earlier, but a teacher I worked with the last two years came by to say hello; so I stayed and visited. It was still nice there because the kiddos had 1/2 days Wed, Thur, and Fri.
I am so going to enjoy not having to get up early. Ashley is off this next week also and we are going to California on Thursday for 3-4 days.
I'll try to be more diligent the next couple of weeks and post more often.

Cal

angieME
10-07-2006, 06:47 AM
Good Morning. I am down 3.9 pounds this week. YEAH!!! I am also in Onederland again!!!! :cheer: WOOHOO!!!!! It is strange but I see a pattern in my journal where I lose .5 to 1 pound per week and then I always have one 3-4 pound loss week. Strange huh?

Cal, Have a great vacation! You deserve it.

It is so cold and frosty outside right now that it looks like snow on the ground. :lol: I have to go for a walk. YUCK!!

I will check back later. Have a fun weekend everyone!

melekalikimaka
10-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Hey girls, Happy Saturday! :wave: Me and Rick went to see an "adult" movie for once last night--NO, no that kind of adult movie :devil:, but something that was not animated or for kids. We saw The Departed, w/Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, and :love: Mark Wahlberg to name a few.... produced by Bradd Pitt.... that movie had a lot of unexpected twists and turns and we thorougly enjoyed it. A bit violent, but I guess that's because I've been watching cartoon deer, bears and racoons for too long :lol:

Cal, enjoy your time off!!! It's always nice to catch up w/friends you haven't seen or spoken to in a while. Say hi to Bert for me if you visit in CA :D

Angie, way to go and welcome back to one-derland! :cp: :bravo: still wanna modify your vacation goal? It looks that much closer eh? You know, w/WW you may have your little "stalls" where your body is getting used to it's new weight, but then BAM! Those pounds drop off. Keep it going girl :dancer:

angieME
10-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Happy Monday girls!!! It is HOT outside today. Me and Alicia took a walk and I am still sweating!!! I have been deep cleaning the house today because I got a phone call from the nurse at the hospital last night and Brit caught head lice. YUCK!!! Since we went to visit on Friday and the twins went on Saturday I figured I had better be safe than sorry and I used the shampoo on us all and I have been doing all the laundry since 7:00 this morning. I get the heeby jeebies just thinking about it.

Noelle, I will have to see that movie. I was wondering if it would be any good. Did you do anything ele fun this weekend?

Well, I gotta go fold some more laundry. I hope everyone has a great day!!

melekalikimaka
10-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Hey girls, happy Monday. I am hard at work this Columbus Day :( .... but only because I am going on vacation on Thursday :carrot:. So it's a nice trade-off. Michael is lying on my cough playing his Gameboy, wrinkling the heck out of my slipcover though. And one of his teeth feel out yesterday while we were eating shave ice, so the tooth fairy brought him some money. It's an expensive job!

Let's see, this weekend I saw some good movies, did a Humane Society Pet Walk yesterday morning, TONS of dogs, a few cats and bunnies even were walked around the beach park to raise money. It was hot and humid but still fun. My sister has a friend with a male and female neopolitan mastiff. She walked the male who weighs 140 lbs, and he walked the female who weighs less but is more aggressive. Everyone wanted to take pictures with "the dog from Harry Potter"... :lol: We brought Lucky and Lena and they were terrifed of those huge dogs. But they are pretty much gentle giants.

Angie, YIKES about the head lice. (You know you're making me scratch my head right now, right? :D) I got an email from Kempy today, Joe's ph. # is listed with a 713 area code, that's Houston right? So I'm guessing they've moved. Can't wait til she's back online again.

Well, I better get back to work. Have a good one :wave:

Dips'n'twists
10-09-2006, 05:46 PM
SHAME ON ME for staying away so long! School is something else. I won't bore you with my rant on how hectic my schedule is but DAYUM! I don't know how I survive without amphedamines.

Angie- Look how far you've come. I am so very proud of you. Through all the trials of this past year you managed to stay focused. You rock!

Noelle- You always catch the kiddie movies as soon as they come out. You are on cool mommie!

CW- A loss is a loss. apreciate it because it ll adds up in the end! As long as you're going down and not up, that's cause to celebrate. Hope your father gets well soon.

CAL- Girl, everytime i turn around your butt is on vacation. I need you to adopt me :lol:

I guess I have to work on being more present. I miss you girls so much. But Midterms are coming in a few weeks and you know how that anxiety can get.

Still I'll do my best.
Luv You Guys!!

angieME
10-10-2006, 08:04 AM
Good Morning gilrs!! Can you believe that it hit 80 degrees here yesterday. Todays high is 55. Gotta love that Maine weather. :lol:

Noelle, I got that email too. I wished she would hurry up and come back. I want to hear how everything is going. :lol: I am so proud of her for making such a big move. I dont think I have the guts to do that....at least not til the kids are 18.

Dips, Hi girl!!! I am so happy to hear from you. You are busy!! Good Luck with your midterms. I bet you will do great!! Any new boyfriend stories you want to share. :lol: I love your stories!!

Well, I guess I should drag Alicia out of bed so we can go for a walk. :lol:

Dips'n'twists
10-10-2006, 09:50 PM
Wow Angie, your weather is bananas!! In NY it's been lovely fall weather. Funny you should mention my boyfriend stories. Let me fill you in:

So my ex, who immediately started dating someone else after we split called me to tell me how miserable he is with her and how much he misses me. Initially I thought, 'good for you!' but the sensitive side of me did feel kinda bad for his situation, that is until he asked if he could start seeing me again. Mind you he has no intention of leaving her. They share an apartment, checking account AND credit card. MEN :rolleyes: They are such *******s!

In other, more positive news, I met a really cute guy today and we exchanged phone numbers. Could this be the start of something special??:s:
Well given my history, this guy who looks great on the surface may have some devestating secret which lies beneath. :fr:

I really need you guys to wish me luck on this one!

melekalikimaka
10-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Hey girls, happy hump day. Leaving for Vegas tomorrow for a week :carrot:. I've been at work making sure everything is in order before I go... just have to cut those payroll checks before Friday and I'm set. Michael goes back to school today after 2 weeks off :dancer: and Rick is on dad-duty 24/7 until I come back--ha! No parents to back him up either, this will be interesting.

Hey Dips, WORD on your assessment of men :lol:. I'm wishing you luck on the "new" guy :crossed:

Angie, we've had volcanic haze for the past few days--no winds to blow it out so it looks like we're living in smog filled L.A. And it's been crazy humid--HOT! then it rains like crazy, like total monsoon season. It's not even 6 a.m. and I'm sitting here with the fan blowing. Yup, I'm missing Kempy too. I'm wondering if their house sold?

Well, I should get moving. Have a good one.

Dips'n'twists
10-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Have a blast in sin city! Wish I were going with you :hug: :wave:

calnative
10-11-2006, 11:10 PM
Hey All,

Have a great trip, Noelle. I'm leaving for CA tomorrow morning. I'll be there for 4 days. Ashley goes back to school on Monday, so I can't stay gone any longer than that. You'll be fairly close. If you get a chance, give a call; we're on the same time as Vegas.

Dips: Good luck with the new guy. Keep us posted.

Angie: Hope your weather gets back to normal soon.

Hello to everyone else. Have a great rest of the week.

Cal

angieME
10-12-2006, 07:28 AM
Hi guys. I am going to do a quick update here. We brought Brit home yesterday.

I got an email from Kempy yesterday and she is in Texas now. Her other house hasnt sold yet so she is stressing that and she likes it in Texas.

I OVERATE so badly yesterday. I am way over my flex this week so I am not going to expect much for weigh in. :lol: I am back on track today though and at least I dont have to go to Bangor every other day now and eat out.

Cal, Noelle, Have a great time. We will Miss you!!!

Dips'n'twists
10-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Hey Angie,

Glad that Brit is finally home with the family. You have been so strong through all of this. Hope it pays off now. And don't sweat the points. We all have our slip ups every now and again. What's important is that you're back on track again.

Gotta git now! Talk to you later!

melekalikimaka
10-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Hey ladies, I am running around like a chicken without a head, so many last minute things to do around the house. But! I am about an hour away from leaving for the airport so I am trying to get it together.

Angie, thanks for the update on Kempy, I guess we will have to do more positive vibes and prayer for her house to sell :crossed:. I hope you guys are smooth sailing with Brit. I am with Dips, you have been so great with sticking to your WW throughout all the trying times and you got right back on track, that was just a little slip. You are awesome :cheer: **you'd be surprised, with lots of water and exercise, you will probably drop a lot by next week. I speak from experience ;).

Cal, I know you are already on your way but have a great time in Cali :wave:

Dips, it's great that you have some time to post here again, you can keep Angie company while I'm on vacation :lol:. You guys can even call it "The Angie Thread" :D

Well, better get back to it. Take care girls and cross your fingers that I hit some big money $$$ cha-ching!!!

redballoon
10-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Noelle, I heard about Hawaii being shaken by quakes and that much of the islands has no power! Have you been affected at all? I hope not. Let us know if you're OK!

calnative
10-17-2006, 08:43 AM
Just bumping us up. We got back from California Sunday night. It was a great trip. Ashley went back to school yesterday, and I have another week to relax. Of course, I have 2 dentist appointments this week, but no school until Monday.
Has anyone heard from Noelle? I know she was in Vegas.
Have a great week everyone.

Cal

angieME
10-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Hi guys. Well, I fell off the wagon last week and so far I havent been able to drag myself back on it. Brittany's birthday is this weekend and we plan on taking the family out to dinner and to go shopping so I am kind of having trouble talking myself back into it since I know that I will be eating badly this weekend. I know it makes no sense but you all klnow how it is when it happens. :lol:

We had a nice weekend. Only a couple of arguments with brittany. The big one is the druggie friends who wont stop calling even though I hang up on them when they call. She almost got decked by an upper classmen on her first day of school yesterday so that isnt good. Now this girl will bother her all year and if she gets in a fight she goes to juvy for 30 days automatically. Then she got a ride home with one friend who she got stoned with all summer even though she was supposed to ride the bus. The counselor was here when she came in and all we could smell was cigs. So she broke 2 release conditions yesterday right there and we had a witness. The in home counselor told us that the next week or so of counseling will be the easiest because after then she will get sick of them and the fighting will start again. OH JOY!! Wish me luck guys this is going to be hard.

Cal, I am glad your vaca was a good one. Nope, I havent heard from Noelle. I think she will be in Vegas until Thursday.

calnative
10-18-2006, 08:49 AM
I hope everyone is ok and just having too much fun to post right now. I miss everyone.
Angie: You and your family are always in my prayers. I hope you feel the support from all of us. How many days until vacation? You're going to have so much fun in FL and you'll look great.
Dips: Hope school is going well for you. Take care of yourself.

Hello to everyone else.

Cal

Dips'n'twists
10-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Cal- Wow, you're back already?! Either my life is going too fast or your vaca was too short. Either way I'm glad you had a good time. And thank you for asking about school. It keeps me very busy but I'm doing well. Things are going quite smoothly so far but then I haven't had my midterms, know what I'm sayin' :D . I really hope Noelle's family is okay. That quake looked pretty bad on the news.

Angie- Seems Brit has a long road to travel and I can't begin to imagine the anxiety and stress she's putting you through. But you have to stay strong. You gotta say on onederland for me, Angie. Letting your success slip away will only create one more negative situation. You're stronger than that Angie!

Besides who else could have motivated me to get down to 130 pounds!!:carrot: :carrot:

I wanted to wait until I lost a significant amount before I shared the news! I reset my goals, pumped up my determination and thought of you every step of the way. You don't let me slip and I won't let you slip. I gotta post some pics!

melekalikimaka
10-20-2006, 12:42 AM
Hey girls, I'm baaaaaaaaaaacccccccccckkkkkkk :carrot: I am hella tired but I had to stop in and say hello. I got back this afternoon just in time to pick up Michael from school then I crashed! I am just up from my nap, otherwise I could've just slept until tomorrow. Well, Vegas weather was BEAUTIFUL!!! Not too cold and not hot, loved it! I didn't really gamble much, but spent mostly all of my $$$ on clothes and stuff for the family. And best of all? We missed the EARTHQUAKE! What the heck is up with that?!! We were having breakfast on Sunday at an IHOP in Vegas (my dad dreams about their pancakes all the time, I don't know why...) and right when we were done and getting into the car, my oldest sister calls and tells us what's going on. It was probably 15 minutes after it happened. She lives on the northeast side of the island and they were shaken up pretty bad, but no damages to them or their house. After that I called Rick and he was asleep when it happened and Michael was watching TV, but they both definitely felt it, plus some pretty heavy aftershocks too. I was worried for them after the second aftershock since they lost power and didn't have water or phones (land-lines). Thank God for cell phones--and even those were touch-and-go at times. A few hours after the intial quake there were reports of the epicenter on the big island and the roof of the Safeway and Walmart caving in. When we were shopping in Vegas I ran into several people (strangers) that I suspected were from HI and asked them if they had heard the news. Some of them didn't but we were all like family, just chatting about it. Weird. People call Las Vegas the "9th Island", since so many HI people love it and go there often and even move there. Gosh, sorry to be so long-winded, but it's hard not to be when I can't chat w/ya girls everyday.

I'll catch up more tomorrow. Love ya! hug hug kiss kiss :hug: :love:

melekalikimaka
10-20-2006, 12:47 AM
PS, Dips, 130 lbs girl! You're smokin' hot! :flame:

Angie, you hang in there with Brit--you are doing great girl, I know you can get back on that wagon.

Cal, how was CA? Did ya take any new pics?

Red, thanks for thinking of me. Yes, the family's all well and good thank God! Will post more tomorrow.

:grouphug:

Dips'n'twists
10-20-2006, 07:31 AM
Wow, we're not very active these days, huh.

Noelle- Welcome back, my love. I am so glad your house and family survived the quake without any harm done. A co-worker of mine has a sister who lives in HI and he spent that whole day trying to call her. The cell phone signals were so messed up. When he finally got a hold of her, she said she was fine but the house suffered some damage. I know that HI is such a tiny island I though the whole place was destroyed and even though I knew you were on vaca I thought of you coming home to a damaged house. Thank goodness things worked out. Wow, we've really had our share of natural disasters, huh.

Well, I have class this morning and then I have a bunch of errands to run.

Hope you all post in the meanwhile.

PhotogirlTX
10-20-2006, 04:07 PM
:-) Can I slink back in here? It's been forever since I've been here... and I am TRULY SORRY.... I really fell into a bad emotional/mental/physical funk in the spring... and I basically just shut everything down.

I am very happy to say.. I am doing much better, and I have missed you guys, but I figured you might be upset with me for doing my disappearing act again. I am sorrrrrrryyyyyyy. ~~ bowing down so you guys can lash me with the wet noodle like I so deserve!!!~~

Angie.. I LOVE that picture! You look GREAT... you look like you are in such a great mood and having the best time! And by the looks of that scale.. you have been doing some HARD WORK!! WTG ...

Noelle... I am so glad you and your family are OK after that quake. That might have been one of the main reasons I came back.. to check on you and see if you were ok.

Dips... 130????? Get Out! THAT IS AWESOME!!!! You really rock chickie!

Cal... How are you doing? My kiddos are on their "fall break" right now. We had parent teach conferences on Tuesday, and I have one girl (Hannah) who is doing GREAT... she is in 3rd grade, reading in the 5th grade level, lowest grade this semester a 99%, highest 102%. Megan on the other hand.... probably the worst in her class, teacher wanted to know why she didn't get recommended for a T1 class (I guess that is a transitional class between K and 1st Grade). Anyway.. she is really struggling. I ordered Learning to Read, by Hooked on Phonics today, hopefully I can get her turned around, or else, she will be held back for 1st grade again next year.

Where did Kempy move to in Texas? Why did Kempy move to Texas? I saw where she was selling her house in an email she sent out .... it is gorgeous.. not sure why it hasn't sold... hopefully it will soon....

Anyway... Guys.. I am back. I am finally in a good place mentally.. I have been working out for two months now, and eating better. I feel better, I am slowly looking better.. not sure how much I've lost, because I have put away the scale.. and this time around I am just happier.

Girls are doing well.. other than the school thing... We are all still adjusting to not having Steven around... I would have thought it would have gotten easier.. but it hasn't. I am still seeing Alan.. that relationship hasn't changed much, still going extremely slow.. but we have made some good positive progress. I am still working at the weather place, I've had ups and downs here.. but I am hoping I am back on an up....

And with that... I don't know what else to say... except I was wrong to stay away... things just got very overwhelming for me there for a while.

:-) Miss you guys!

Cherie

(by the way.. I don't have a clue as to what is on my signature line.. so once I post this. I will go and change it out or something!)

Yep.. that was BAD.. had an EASTER CHALLENGE ON IT! Geeze.. it has been a long time. :-)

Dips'n'twists
10-20-2006, 07:46 PM
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: BACK!!

How on earth could we ever be mad at you, don't be rediculous! We may have missed you and wondered how you and the girls have been doing but be upset?! you know us better than that!

I am so glad to hear from you. Sometimes we all need to take some time to regroup and get our lives in order. It's all good baby! How's the dog doing? I hope your DD gets her grades up. It must be tough for her when Hannah is doing so well. Keep me posted on her progress.

YAY everyone is going to be so excited to see you!:carrot: :carrot:

melekalikimaka
10-20-2006, 08:20 PM
Hey Cherie! :cb: :hug: Welcome back!!! It's great to "see" you :goodvibes:. Gosh, it feels like forever since we've heard from you. I thought maybe you had moved house and things just got hectic, but I sure am glad to hear from you again. :grouphug: About Steven, I know it's only been a little over a year, I wanted you to know that I always think of you as an amazing mom and woman, so strong and together--you may not feel that way about yourself, but I do, it's just the way you project yourself. Things will get easier with time :hug: And about Hannah, congratulations!!! And little Megan, hello? I can't believe the teacher was asking you why she wasn't recommended for a program that the previous teacher should have caught... it's not like you're in the classroom with her everyday. With your help, she will make progress. My son's teacher was suggesting he get tested for ADHD, and that ticked me off a bit, since I was the one previously asking his two prior teachers about it, and they both said he didn't have it! So I dunno what to think.

Anyway, great to have you back and can't wait to catch up more later. :D

melekalikimaka
10-20-2006, 08:20 PM
ps. How's the pup doing???

Dips'n'twists
10-20-2006, 09:30 PM

Dips'n'twists
10-20-2006, 09:37 PM

angieME
10-21-2006, 07:51 AM
Good Morning girls!!! I stepped on the scales this morning but I didnt like what I saw!!! :lol: Lets say I have been eating very badly and it shows. I think I am under alot of stress right now!!! Today we go out to eat and I plan to be totally back on track tomorrow morning. I AM going to be BACK ON TRACK TOMMORROW!!!!!!

It is so cold and windy today that the entire pool cover got blown over the rim and into the pool. That just defeated the whole purpose of cleaning it before closing it. :lol: It is going to be dirtier than **** in the spring now with all the dirty water and leaves that just went into it. My indoor cats are going crazy in front of the sliders right now. :lol: chasing the blowing leaves through the glass. hahaha

Noelle, I am so glad to hear from you. My mom called me yesterday and asked if you guys were alright because she had heard about the earthquake and knew that we were friends. Any good vaca pics to share???

Dips, You look so HOT!!!!! I am so proud of you!!! I love the pics.

Cherie, {{{{HUGS}}}} We have all missed you so much! Didnt you guys move to a new house? How is the puppy doing? I hope Megan can get all caught up in school. I agree with Noelle, I think it should have been the last teachers recommendation not yours.

Kempy moved to Texas because Joe got a promotion and they had to move out there fro the job. Did you get the pics of her new house too? Nice huh? I think I am going to go move in with them. :lol:

calnative
10-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Cherie: We are so glad to have you back. I also thought you had moved to a new house and things just got very hectic. Just happy you are doing well and are back. If you think it may help; it may not be too late to have Megan go to that T1 class (I've never heard of anything like that). We have an 8th grader at my school who will be going back to 7th grade next week when we go back from break. If I were you, I'd ask for a meeting with the teacher, last year's teacher, and the principal to try and help Megan before she falls farther behind. This is really a perfect time to put her back, if needed. Congrats on the progress that Hannah is making. Ashley is also in 3rd grade and in the top of her class. She's actually tutoring a neighbor boy in reading. She also said she can't wait until 6th grade when she can be a tutor at school.
Again Wecome back.

Dips: You look great!!!!! I'm guessing that most of the guys at school can't focus on their studies when they see you. Keep up the great work.

Noelle: If Vegas weather was like ours, then you really did have a great time. We had so much fun at Disneyland. Unfortunately, several rides were closed in Tomorrowland. They're refurbishing quite a bit and building a new ride where the submarines used to be; it will be a world of Nemo ride. I'm looking forward to it opening. I took Ashley on her birthday, Friday the 13th, and it was just the two of us. She said it was 'mother-daughter-celebrating daughter's birthday-day'. The next day Bert went with us and we had a blast. I can't believe my baby is 9 years old.

Angie: Don't think about the scale this weekend. You are doing great and keeping on track. Once in awhile there's a stubborn pound or two that just won't let go, but eventually they go to someone else (hopefully not to anyone on our thread). You keep up the good work.

I go back to school on Monday. I already have 1/2 of my lesson plans done for the next quarter and am trying to figure out how to fit in all the holidays that will be popping up. Of course, I've had the last two weeks to slack off a bit and now I'll have to go back into mean mode....maybe tomorrow!!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cal

PhotogirlTX
10-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks ladies for welcoming me back! Yes.. you guys are right.. I did move and things did get hectic... but I am hoping this will be the last move for me! The girls and I love our new house, and they are adjusting well (well for the most part) to their new school and neighborhood. Hannah is having her 9th birthday party this next weekend, so this week I am going to be busy getting organized for that! The dog is doing well.. she had her 1st birthday on October 1st... this morning I wasn't too happy with her.. girls left the door from the laundry room to the garage open.. and the garage door was open.. and well, she escaped... and for 10 minutes... we tried to catch her.. and she thought it was such a fun game of playing CHASE! I was almost ready to just drive away and leave her out... but we have already lost her once when someone (utility person I suppose) opened up the back gate and let her go. Thankfully we found her... but it took a while.

Tonight I plan on getting to the YMCA and doing a workout... I stepped on the scale on Saturday, when I shouldn't have. And realized that I haven't lost as much weight as I thought I had.. according to my clothes. I have lost 11.5 pounds since August 21.. by my best guesstimation.. I didn't officially weigh myself then.. but I know I was around that number previously (163), so I am now down to 151.50... (I thought I was out of the 150's for sure) and I got really down and depressed... however, I took the day and self talked myself.. and realized that I am doing well.. and just to continue on. So... for the next four weeks, I am going to work exceptionally hard and make sure I am out of the 150's for good before I do my next scheduled weigh in on Nov. 20th.

Dips.. you are smokin' Hot! wow.... you are just doing a wonderful job!

Angie.... so did you get back on track this weekend?? :-) I'm here to push and prod ya'll! So where in Texas did Kempy move to? Do you know the town? I don't think I saw the picture of the new house... but I am sure it's a very nice one.

Carol.. thanks for the suggestions... I have emailed her teacher and I have ordered the phonic's program.. I will get her help through the school too... I just need to buckle down and work with her this year. She is smart, so I know she can do it..

Noelle.. where are the vacation pictures???

So does Julie still come here? Is there anyone new I need to be introduced to?

OK.. lunch time is over. I need to get back to work. I'll try to check in tonight after my workout and dinner... while the Bachelor is on!

melekalikimaka
10-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Happy Monday ladies :wave: I am just rolling into work and it is almost lunchtime--shhhhh, don't tell Rick. I am having a hard time adjusting back into the work flow as I was off for a week--and pretty much only working half-days when Michael was on his fall break prior to me going on vacation, so it is a struggle. *sigh*

Nothing much going on with me right now, just sifting through the mail and invoices...

Cherie, Happy Birthday to Hannah and happy belated b-day to Cassie. It is a month to celebrate. Make sure you PM me your new address so I can update my Xmas card list :D I am glad you got your pup back without any major problems, I would hate to think what would happen if she got lost. She is a beautiful dog and I'm sure someone would love to keep her if they found her. What are the girls dressing up as for Halloween this year? Michael is going to be the Scream guy--you know the black hood and long, scary white face? I hate that guy, but you know, we do what makes the kids happy huh? :lol:

Dips, you are looking good girl! Check out those abs! I'm sure there's no shortage of guys waiting to take you out. ;)

Cal, I'm sure you will be back at Disneyland when they reopen all the renovated rides, you are lucky to be able to drive there, even if it does take a few hours. Yes, the weather was gorgeous while in Vegas. Even though it did rain a little bit near the strip, some other parts were flooding and even had hail. But all in all, it was a fun trip.

Angie, maybe you just needed a little break. You have been going so great with WW for all these months despite all the stress you've been having, you are a great inspiration for all of us.

Kempy, hope you are doing well. Drop in and say hi sometime :D

Julie, same with you. Are you chilling in WI?

Well, I better get some work going so it looks like I did something while I was here. Have a good one.

Dips'n'twists
10-23-2006, 09:46 PM
I had to pop in and say hey to my girls. Thank you all for the words of encouragement. You should know that it is paying off since I'm down another pound. 129 YAY!! I'm in the 120's. I can't believe it. I just hope I can stay a while...

Noelle- Don'tcha just hate coming back from vacation :( gotta get back into the daily grind and it sucks! Ease back into it, girl. Don't overwork yourself.

Angie- You better be back on track today! :nono:

Cherie- Happy belated B-day to the baby and I'm glad you found your doggie. I had a few nerve wracking moments with Niko escaping. Gotta keep a close eye on that one. BTW you are doing well with staying on track, Weight loss is a slow and gradual process, you just have to stay commited and just go for it all the way! We'll get there together. Keep going to the Y and keep eating right and it will happen for you.

Cal- Your baby is 9? Don't worry, she's still a baby :lol: it's the teen years that will really blow you away so enjoy this time while you can :s:
I cam't picture youin mean teacher mode but do what you gotta do with those kids. All is fair in education.

Speaking of education, this week is midterm week so forgive me if I'm inactive until friday.

LUV U GUYS!!

melekalikimaka
10-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Hey ladies, just saying hello. Gotta head off to work and do some errands around town.

Dips, WOW! Congratulations on entering the 120's :high: You earned every pound lost and every muscle and curve gained :D Good luck on your mid-terms. Study hard!

Hey, how's everyone else doing?

melekalikimaka
10-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Hey ladies, it's awfully quiet here. I'm coming in to make some NOISE! :hat: :cb: :badbat:

I just booked another jaunt to Vegas in December for me, Rick and Michael. We will fly home on Christmas day so that should be fun. That should hold me at least for another year...or at least until February :lol: Other than that, hope everyone is having a great week!

melekalikimaka
10-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Hello? :listen:

calnative
10-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Hello Everyone,
I guess this first week has gotten to me; I'm exhausted. It hasn't really been that bad, I just think that I'm trying to fight off a virus or some kind of bug.
Noelle: That's great that you're going back to Vegas in December. I remember some time back that there was talk of everyone meeting in Vegas sometime. It would be so great if we could sometime.
I hope everyone else is ok.
Dips: Good luck on the midterms. I know you'll do great.

Hello to everyone.

Cal

calnative
10-30-2006, 07:55 AM
Just bumping us up from the bottom of page 2.
I hope to see some of you today. I miss everyone, and I hope everything is ok.
Have a great day.

Cal

melekalikimaka
10-30-2006, 02:04 PM
Hi ladies, just popping in before heading off to work. Where's everyone hiding at? Hope everyone's Ok. I'll post more when I get into the office. :D

calnative
11-01-2006, 08:21 AM
Is everyone ok??? I really miss everyone.

Cal

melekalikimaka
11-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Good morning ladies, it sure is quiet around here. Anyway, how was everyone's Halloween? Even if you don't have kids you could still have some fun (and candy!). Michael was dressed as that "scream" guy, with the black cloak? But he had a glow in the dark scary skeleton mask with a hood. It rained a lot during the day and drizzled during the evening while we went trick-or-treating, but it was still fun. The neighborhoods around us lost power while our street and the one above had lights. Alot of kids came by a little later probably because their areas had no street lights.

This morning I am going to an All Saints Day mass at church where Michael will be representing his class and doing a reading about St. Elizabeth Ann Seton. Then I will be running errands around town. Will probably not go back to the office afterwards :dancer:

Hey Cal, how was Ashley's halloween? Did you guys have some nice cool weather? So how many more days until Christmas break? :D I hope you are feeling better and were able to rest up this past weekend.

Angie, how are ya doing? Hope everything's going well with Brit, no drama and the like. Did you kids go out and get candy last night? Miss ya.

Hi to Kempy, Cherie, Dips (how are/were your midterms?), cw and everyone :wave: Come out come out wherever you are.

PhotogirlTX
11-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Guys.. I am coming back at lunch to read everything and make a real post.. I've had auditors here at work since last week, Hannah had a birthday sleep over party this past weekend, and last night was Halloween... I feel like I've been running non stop!

Anyway... after I run my errands at lunch, I'll be back!

:-)

Cherie

melekalikimaka
11-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Hi ladies, it's raining cats and dogs here, so much that the construction right behind my house (yes, they've started building that evil 12-story condo) has temporarily stopped. They put up a huge dust barrier so we can't see what's going on but I don't hear any machinery at this point. There was so much rain yesterday too that a mudslide covered a main highway and almost overran some cars passing through. It is just a big soggy mess out here. It's muggy though, so it's not like a calm, soothing rain. Just yuck!

I brought my car in for servicing this morning so I am stuck at home for a half-day I guess. Michael and Rick have a karate camp this weekend so I hope the rain lets up--I need my alone time! :lol:

Cherie, i remember those days of audits at this time of year. Hope you got through it like a breeze. Dontcha just love accounting? :lol: How was the girls' halloween?

So, what's everyone up to??? Can you guys believe that thanksgiving day is almost here? and Xmas right behind...

calnative
11-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Hey Everyone,

Ashley's Halloween was fun. We went to two Halloween parties and she went around the neighborhood with one of her friends (her dad took them). Ashley was an angel princess. She looked great and had lots of fun. Of course, Daddy is enjoying the candy.
Noelle: I hope it's a little drier for you. A weekend of alone time sounds good. Of course, I had a week of alone time when I was on break and everyone else was at work and/or school. We take them when we can get them, right??

Hello to everyone else.

Cal

PhotogirlTX
11-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Auditors are GONE... boss is GONE... it's FRIDAY... and I am going on STRIKE! :^:

I am so glad it's Friday... I live for my Friday's. Tonight is "date night" with Alan. Not sure what we will do. He came over last night and I made chili and we caught up on all of our shows. I skipped out on my workout.. but I have two long workouts planned for this weekend.

Tomorrow.. my baby turn's 9 YEARS OLD!!!! How the **** did that happen??? The girls have their last soccer game tomorrow morning, then we are going to the Y for my workout, then home to get cleaned up, going to El Chico for a late lunch, and then we are going to see the movie Flicka. After that.. we are going to Alan's house because he got her THE coolest present.

http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0335101506

A hello Kitty electric guitar!!!! She has been begging him to teach her how to play.. well now, he can. She will get a guitar, an amp, headphones (those are for my sake), picks and a lesson book. She is going to be sooooo freakin' excited! :carrot: so Happy Birthday to HER!

Here are some pictures of the girls.. go to the LAST.. and you will see their halloween costumes.. I have tried to post a picture here.. but it is always too big.. and I can't get it smaller and you can still see it. I am not sure how to do that.. my picture keeps shrinking and shrinking.. :-(

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AYt2TNu3cNGNF

The rest of the pictures are from the girls first day of school, and soccer and Hannah's birthday party last weekend. So the Halloween pictures I think are on page 5.

This is going to be another busy weekend. With Hannah's birthday tomorrow.. and I plan on working out on Sunday, and helping her make no bake cookies that afternoon, so that she can take them to school for her class.. she wanted them for today.. but I didn't have all the ingredients that were needed to make them last night. Now if I can just keep my fingers OFF THEM! and OUT OF MY MOUTH... I'll be doing good.

OK.. back to work here... (or at least trying to appear that I am working!)

Hope you guys are doing GREAT!

Oh... I weighed on the 1st... Since August 21st.. when I really started trying to lose weight again, I have lost 13.5 pounds.!!!! I have on my size 10 jeans and they are falling off me (granted, I have two pairs of the exact same jean in the same size, and these are the BIGGER sized 10's, but still... ) ... at the start, I had to lay on the bed and suck in my gut to get these on... so I am making progress... slowly.. but it's happening! I've gone from 163.00 to 149.50. I have 31.50 more pounds to go to hit my goal of 118. (remember.. I am only 5 foot 2 inches... that will make me a nice size 5/7 once I get there).

Have a great weekend guys!! Talk to you all soon!

melekalikimaka
11-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Finally blue skies!!! The rain seems to have stopped and the blue skies are back. I'm looking forward to a weekend just for me. Maybe I'll hang out with my sister or just catch a movie by myself, don't know yet. I feel myself getting into a blue funk, but I'm thinking it's just PMS ya know? I hate feeling like this, but it just comes and goes. I was listening to a radio program and it was about women wanting to have children and I was just tearing up...stupid really, but that's how I get sometimes :rolleyes: , ready to cry at the drop of hat. I hope I kick it soon.

Cherie, congrats on your weight loss! You are doing awesome woman! And your beautiful girls, always looking so grown up each year. That is an amazing guitar--what a great gift for Hannah. I may not log on during the weekend but HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNAH :hb:

Cal, better Alberto eating the candy then it sitting around tempting you right? I had some of Michael's mini Twix bars then made him hide the container...I could just plow through the chocolate if no one was watching, especially during PMS :ink: Glad Ashley enjoyed herself.

Well, I hope everyone else is doing OK out there...we are wondering where you are. Have a great weekend girls. :grouphug:

calnative
11-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Hope everyone's weekend is going great. Only 2 more days until election. Our school has been chosen as an voting site, so that means that traffic will be a nightmare on Tuesday. I have to remember to go in a little early.
Have a great week.

Cal

Kempyd
11-06-2006, 11:04 AM
Ok, I think I might be able to get back on line now. I hate that I have been gone for so long. I am still in a funk and not to mention that the weight is coming right back on. So, I am getting the ol WW stuff out and trying to get myself back in shape. We love the house here and the area but the other house still has not sold and with it getting closer to the holidays I don't know when it will sell. We keep lowering the price but I don't want to drop it too low b/c them all the improvements we have in it will be a loss. So, now you can see why I am in a funk and gaing the weight back. It is just so much easier to sit around and eat and feel sorry for myself. On the plus side I am not working so I can spend time with the dogs and do things around here. I am still driving around finding new thigns so that is fun. There is alot of shopping around here and that can be dangerous.

I didn't read any of the posts but I am going to start now. There is no reason for me not to be here. I hope you guys take me back and are not too mad at me!

PhotogirlTX
11-06-2006, 12:21 PM
(((((KEMPY!!!!)))) Hey girl! I am sorry you are in such a funk.. but I heard that you moved to Texas.. where?????? I hope things get better, and your old house sells!

Carol... good luck with the traffic on tuesday. I am ashamed to say, I forgot to register again to vote. I moved, so I was supposed to reregister, and I didn't.

Noelle... I hope you had a great weekend.... Hope the PMS wasn't too bad.

Girls and I had a great weekend. Hannah LOVED her guitar... the movie Flicka was good... I ate way too much, but I did get all my exercise in.

Yesterday, I actually got on my treadmill and ran for an hour straight, 5 miles! I haven't done that in over three years! I was so happy! It felt good!

Anyway.. I am here at work.. I need to get busy... Hope everyone is having a great Monday....

melekalikimaka
11-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Yeah, Kempy's back :hug:

Ummmm, since it IS the 6th day of November, I'm starting a new thread alright? Come on over...