Old 10-04-2006, 12:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 119/116/108

Height: 5'1

Default A Little Stuck

Hi everyone,

I've just registered for the site today, however, I've been lurking around for quite some time. I know I do not have a lot to lose but I need the support just as much as anyone else. I have joined forums such as this before and I received a lot of negative comments. Hopefully, this will be a much more postitive experience.

The reason that I decided to join today is because I have a question. I have been stuck between 116 and 118 for the past 4 weeks and cannot seem to lose anymore. I keep going up and down but the scale will not budge below 116. I have included my fitday link where I eat between 1200 and 1300 calories on average. I drink 1.5 liters to 2 liters of water per day. I also walk on the treadmill 4 or 5 times a week at 3.5 mph at a 9% incline. One other thing I want to add is that I let myself have a cheat day once a week and I am wondering if that is possibly the reason that I am not losing. I do not go crazy but I do let myself have treats. Thank you in advance!

- NM
NYCgirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:09 PM   #2  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

You might want to look for the "featherweights" thread, it's specifically for folks with not a lot to lose. They might have more experience with this situation.
Maybe try calorie cycling? 1200 one day, 1500 the next, etc, etc?
Or how about double-checking your portions? I don't know about you but it's real easy for me to go from 1/2 Cup of yogurt to 3/4 without even noticing.
Good Luck!
Ottoette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:13 PM   #3  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Hi! Welcome! It sounds like you are doing good but how about changing your work out routine and trying something new? Keeping calories low is great but are you watching your sugars and fats too? Good luck! If you are a calorie counter like I am come join us in the calorie counters forum!!!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

We all get stuck from time to time. I was "stuck" all summer long and finally took a long hard look at my diet and decided to cut one item that seemed to be the most unhealthy calorie-wise. It did the trick and I lost 4 pounds in September.

I perused some of your fitday. I'd suggest you consider cutting back on the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches and instead eat more fruit. But that's just my opinion.

You might also consider that your body is telling you that you are at your optimal weight already. I checked out several online calculators, and although they are all different, 116 pounds is the average for your height (some went as low as 105 and as high as 132).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:07 PM   #5  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Try mixing up your workouts. Do you do any strength training? That may help. We all need the encouragement sometimes. I hope nobody on this site gives you a negative comment. I agree that you should check out the "featherweights" forum they maybe able to help you reach your goals.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I am going to pretty much have to disagree here with everyone, and say that your cheat day IS what is keeping you from losing. At your height, and your low weight, you are going to really most likely have to stay in the 1200-1300 range to lose.
116 going for 108 is going to be much harder to get to than someone larger framed who is 160 and aiming for 130 or 140-because the less you weigh the less calories you burn naturally per day-so you will have to stay at a lower level to lose.
My advice would be to SKIP the cheat day. If you want to, the cheat day thing would actually be a good MAINTENANCE plan for keeping the weight off if you like having it. Meaning, once you hit your goal-then stay at 1200-1300 through the week, and have a cheat day once a week-since it is what you seem to maintain on, rather than lose.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:38 PM   #7  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Sounds like good advice!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 119/116/108

Height: 5'1

Talking

Thanks for everyone's advice. I think that I will skip the cheat day from now on until I reach my goal weight. I have been trying to add in stength training but I find that it is extremely hard to fit it in addition to my 45 minutes at the gym between school, work, and my internship. Thank you once again.

- NM
NYCgirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:50 AM   #9  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

If you wanna keep the cheat day - bump up the workout...try spinning or a step class, something that really gets your heart rate up. I second the weight training idea as well, it may not give you the numbers on the scale you are looking for - but it will give you toned muscles!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote