Support Groups - How Many Cows Does It Take To Screw In A Light Bulb?

Kiwonk
10-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Your guess is as good as mine.

Schatzi
10-03-2006, 07:38 PM
It's the udder cows responsibility

Wabby
10-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Oh nooooooooo!!!!! You can't just start a new thread and leave me hanging like that. Get back here and say something to amuse me. :drill:

Did you realize there are no Halloween smileys? How did this happen? How can we have Valentine smileys and St. Patty's day smileys but no witches, ghosts and pumpkin smileys?

After tomorrow we will have exactly one month until the election that will tell me if I'm moving or staying. I'm going nutz here. If it passes I'm going to be happy but incredibly sad.... and if it doesn't pass, then I have to wait until next spring when they put it back on the ballot.

What healthy thing should I fix for dinner? This healthy cooking gig is getting boring. I wish Oprah's effin cook would come over and make me something to eat. I wouldn't have a bit of trouble eating well if someone would just cook it for me. oh. and shop for it too.

There's a radio ad that's been running around here that's driving me crazy. It's for a roofing company. They say "if you want things done correct and thorough...." Don't they know it should be correctly and throughly???? They play it constantly. I need to go write a letter to the radio station.....

Schatzi
10-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Oh Wabby in Limboland... if it doesn't go through next month does this mean another year of uncertainty???? Noooooo , that is just not right! :sumo: I love your Grandpa Jim stories...what a hoot he must be ! DH is at his watering hole and will bring home a grilled chicken salad .. which i will have with home made ice tea... as we watch NCIS. If you lived closer I would have you over and you could eat with us :hungry: :) ...

Cowpeach... dinner fer you tonight sounds like 2 excedrins.. You poor dear... I can only surmise that other teachers become immune to the high pitch wails of the childruns... I think it will be a fabu thanksgiving weekend with DS and LCP.. I think you should knit drumstick caps for the occassion.

Bagz is Aunt flo still with you???? I effin miss your rants.

Kiwi, sounds like you've rubbed off on Wabby...;) Letters must be written!!!!

DH is home.... time to eat!

Bagzz
10-03-2006, 10:41 PM
WELL!!! someone finally misses my rants---i have been back from the fall foliage tour for a few days ,but we have had three effin ships since then and there is one due tomorrow and the EFFIN Queen Mary II is in port on SUNDAY which is the day we have our TURKEY dinner and i CAN'T even get to the cottage where we usually have the Thanksgiving Celebration since i have to ENTERTAIN all the Brits who arrive and wander about the city. I had two very loud mouthed and CLUMSY yankee broads in the shop today---they BOTH managed to knock over two displays {one of them onto my back as i had leaned over to pick something up} and one of them almost dropped a glass display case off the counter by pulling the top of it toward her so hard that it nearly tipped over onto the cement floor===as it was,she knocke all the earrings off their moorings----------HOT DAMN I WAS SO DISCOMBOBULATED---TO TOP IT OFF ONE OF THE WELL KNOWN SHOP LIFTERS WHO ALWAYS COMES BY WHEN THE MARKET IS FULL OF CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS WAS TRYING ON RINGS AND HOPING TO STEAL ONE---- i gave her a dirty look and she whipped around with her hand on her hip and hollered at me ----"PROBLEM????????"----I ignored her cause i was still dealing with my bulls in the china shop.------------is that enough ranting for now,or will i tell you about the woman who called when i wasn't home and then when i called her back she asked me "who answered your phone when i called earlier?"---i told her it was ds and she said " WELL YOU BETTER TEACH HIM SOME PHONE MANNERS OR HE ISN'T GOING TO MAKE OUT VERY WELL IN THIS WORLD " { ds was nervous cause he didn't know who she was and he wouldn't tell her my cell phone number---he said a teacher told them to never give out information on the telephone to people you don't know} OKAY---THAT IS ENOUGH FOR NOW----I AM STILL STRESSED FROM MY DAY====AND READING ABOUT PEACHERS AND HER FOUR YEAR OLD SCREAMERS HAS ME ALL TENSED UP---- please someone shut me up!!!!{you have shatzi to blame for this carrying on!!!}

SugP
10-04-2006, 03:30 AM
Gahhhh! Felling TOTALLY unequipped to deal with real life. I'd really like to start feeling like an adult some time soon.

Speaking of the treacherous Aunt Flo - DH took Monday off because Tuesday was a holiday anyway (Germany Unity Day, which everyone just ignores) and we went to one of those big furniture places in the morning to check out kitchens. We looked around for a while and then DH said he wanted to talk to a salesperson and get some advice. So of course we got roped into two hours of 3D- computer-kitchen planning. During that time I was getting more and more uncomfortable, cramps and stuff and thinking that something was definitely not doing its job right despite mega double super plus protection with wings. If I had known how bad it was I would have excused myself and RUN to the ladies room. Managed not to ruin any of their furniture, but it was a close call. Haven't decided on the kitchen yet.

Canadian Thanksgiving is always the second Monday in October. Always, always, always. I guess I'll be makin' pumpkin pie and turkey or something. Ho hum. Autumn always depresses me a bit.

I am SO damn sick of being fat. I may do Yoga for Dummies today. That won't make me thin, but it might make me a bit more flexible, which would be nice since my bones creak when I stand up these days.

Some clever person decided that ds10's class needed to have a class picnic tomorrow at 3 p.m. because we all know that October is SUCH a good month for picnics. And 3 is such a great time since it starts getting dark at about 6 now. Hopefully it's rain and we can all be sensible and stay home.

Ds13 never tells me anything either. He says he just wants to be left alone and spends most of his time lying on his bed in his room. I can see this getting much worse. The little guy, on the other hand, tells me EVERYTHING 50 times over until I can't stand it any more. Gotta love those kids, eh?

Wabby
10-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Youz cows make my day. There's nothing that makes me happier than to check here and find lots of posting.

Bagzie, you should know that I love your rants. You are the most amusing ranter I know. Should have known it would be the YANKS who were loud mouthed and obnoxious. Those Brits are so much more refined..... the person who was giving your DS advice on his phone manners needs a few lessons herself.... What a beeeotch.... your avatar is sooo very pretty. I love autumn leaves too, just hate to think about what comes after. Cold. Gray. Rain.

Sugar, I'm sick of being fat too. I'm actually following my WW plan pretty much. Have you ever considered doing the WW online program? There's a website I've been lurking at ... http://www.***************.net/ ... that's been helpful as far as the message board having tons of recipes and advice.... and of course 3fatchicks has plenty of that too. The thing I haven't been doing is exercising, but I figure one thing at a time...... mega double super plus protection with wings heeee. guess you should have bought the monster mega double super plus protection with wings. You'd think dear Aunty would just slowly fade away, wouldn't you? Seems like she has to give us extra doses of misery at the end of her career.

Yep, Schatzi, it would add on another 6 months, until the election next spring, and then possibly another 6 months until the following fall election.... after next spring we could pull out and decide to just stay, but then again after next spring an escalator clause kicks in and the price goes up every day so we would be stupid to do that.They count on our greed to get us through.

I'm waiting to hear some adorable children stories from the Peach.

Kiwonk
10-04-2006, 02:21 PM
It's the udder cows responsibilityGood one, Schatzi!

I wouldn't have a bit of trouble eating well if someone would just cook it for me. oh. and shop for it too. Same here. I think I hate the shopping most of all. You shop for it, I'll cook it. Then we just have to figure out how to do that from 2 coasts....

I can imagine the wait is driving you crazy. Surely they will approve the issue, I mean are there any real objections?

If you lived closer I would have you over and you could eat with us :hungry: :) ... Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we lived close enough to form a cooking collective? Each of us could cook once a week or something, and we could all eat together. Or we could cook together and take the food home. We could do "once a month cooking" for the whole lot of us. Ha. Someday when I live in a commune, eh?

My sweet dd is planning to come home for the weekend. She has to get back on Sunday though; her Kathak dance class is going to a performance of a dance troupe, incredibly enough of the same obscure style of dance. Well, maybe it's not so obscure in the world of culture and actual stuff going on.

oo, I found a description of the performance: Cool, huh? (http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?ci=&ch=entertainment&sc=theatre&sc2=events&id=329758&PHPSESSID=d2cd44ed6b3b765c118e28ae54c2f066)

Anyway, I have to go think about what I need to do before Friday.

Kiwi

Wabby
10-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Kiwi, ppl's objections are the usual ones - they're tired of the traffic congestion & over crowded schools that growth brings.

As soon as you figure out a way for the cooking co-op to work, count me in. Food always tastes better when someone else cooks it for you. Enjoy the time w/ DD.

Schatzi
10-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Cooking ...:chin: which reminds me... twas a past discussion about Brined foods... what are these briny dishes.. I think I would like to do a chicken or turkey... which reminds of another thing...didn't one of the cowsies have a recipe for brined thanksgiving turkey??? I am getting b o r e d of making the same crap for dinner all the time... ho hum...
Open faced RB with gravy, mashed taters and corn for DH tonight... I had a few slices of the RB and some bean salad... YAWN...

Kiwi, Kathak dance looks like fun ! I especially like the outfits... (I found another website that gave a clipette as an intro to the site.. looks a bit like bollywood dancing... I so love the saris ....

Suggie.. GADZOOKS !!!! :yikes: :fr: how horrifying, painful, and embarraskin!!!!
"child free" status aside.. I am sooooo glad I dont get my "eriod P" (my gfren use to call it that ..lol!!!) I swear 2 weeks out of every month I felt like crap. Ferget Wings - Jumbo Jets is what it sounds like you needed .--at least they make the "wings" now.. in years of yore I seem to recall white elasticy thongish thing with a myriad of safety pins to pin it to yer "bloomers", and the pad had these strappy things that you fed through a buckle device...WHO MADE THIS CONTRAPTION!!! Geez, ya needed a degree in mechanical engineering to assemble the bloody thing .. and then it would come undone and the pad ended up protecting the crevass of yer thigh!!!! or GAWD FERBID a Safety Pin BINKS open in CLASS and you are being STABBED .. (my rant compliments of Bagz :D )
Bagzilla GREAT RANT !!!! Nice broad to tell you DS needs phone manners.. What an arse!!!!

Peachcheeks, we all want to hear about yer day darlin' :hug:

Painty and Cherry and Frappe , come out to play cowsies....

Kiwonk
10-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Kiwi, Kathak dance looks like fun ! I especially like the outfits..Doesn't it though! Did you catch those sets of bells around their ankles?

Well, we've had our scrap for the day around here. We are planning to go to parents' weekend at DD's school in a few weeks and I was trying to get an idea of what things we would try to participate in; there are a number of lectures, performances, tours etc. DH doesn't particularly want to go to anything that DD is not actually in, which limits things to the coffee house where she is (hopefully) performing the night before the activities start and the maybe 10 minute performance when her dance class does a number the next night. We are driving 7 hours and staying in a hotel for 3 days for this event. I was not a little annoyed that he couldn't muster up any interest in anything, although I can't say I was particularly surprised. But when he suggested maybe he could just take the bus home after the things he wanted to see were finished... :bomb: well, I think steam came out of my ears.

Anyway, DD's coming home for the weekend at about 2 in the morning tomorrow apparently, so I suppose I ought to go vacuum her room. Or actually just send Rosie the Robot in there. Oh yes, modern technology. I love it.

Kiwi

Wabby
10-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Schatzi, I'm the turkey briner here. I'll get the recipe from home and email it to you.... unless the rest of the cowsies want it too. It makes the very best turkey you've ever tasted. I always thought turkey was turkey, but this ain't even in the same category as the basic roasted bird. It's a long involved process, but entirely worth it.... I'm tired of the same ol' same ol' for dinner too. Try this one for a good low cal dinner - 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, season w/ pepper, paprika & garlic salt, brown in non stick skillet w/ a spray of Pam. Pour 1 C. ketchup & 1 C. diet coke over, cover, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Remove lid, increase heat and cook until sauce reduces (about 10 minutes - watch it so it doesn't burn). Good over rice. I also add some sliced onions or green peppers to the sauce. Sounds like it would be icky, but it's really yummy. I also add some paprika to the sauce to spice it up a bit.

Yes, Schatz, I'm old enough to remember the torture device before the invention of self stick mouse beds.

My banker person wanted to take me out to lunch so I didn't bring my usual Lean Cuisine. She called and cancelled so now I have no lunch and I cleaned my desk for nuthin'. :mad:

Wabby
10-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Poor Kiwi - DH doesn't particularly want to go to anything that DD is not actually in You need to make friends w/ a classmate's mom who would like to hang out w/ you for these events. I'd be happy to fill in.... too bad I'm on the wrong coast.

DH just sold one car ('48 Ford streetrod that he built over the last 5 years) and bought a '32 Ford 3 window coupe body & frame that he's going to build. It's his dream car ---- I figure I won't see him for the next 6 months............... I need a project too.... I'm going to be bored this winter if I don't come up with something.

Kiwonk
10-05-2006, 05:56 PM
My banker person wanted to take me out to lunch so I didn't bring my usual Lean Cuisine. She called and cancelled so now I have no lunch and I cleaned my desk for nuthin'. :mad:That was mean. Well, at least you have a clean desk. :rolleyes:

Cooking with Diet Coke. What a concept :D ! There isn't any weird chemical reaction between the aspartame and the acids in the ketchup? I don't want your stomach to blow up like those Mentos and Diet Coke experiments. :lol: Just kidding!

I used some of my leftover brined chicken breasts to make some yummy dinners. I like to pound em good, pat some seasoned salt or lemon-pepper seasoning on em and brown em in olive oil, then saute up some mushrooms, onions, what have you, and make a nice little brown sauce -- a little flour, a little liquid: water, broth, wine, lemon juice, even beer. Maybe not quite as interesting as Diet Coke and ketchup, but it's gooooood.

Oprah has women getting old on her show today. I watched a few minutes of it -- Nora Ephron was on there saying that on her 62nd birthday she got a moustache as a surprise present. Apparently I am ahead of my time. I'm starting to think that you really can't grow old "gracefully" without laying out thousands in plastic surgery. Not that I ever will, probably. I watched the new Bachelor series the other day and this guy is an Italian prince who grew up in the US. He's in his mid-30s and they had his parents on. His father looked about like you'd expect; around 65 or so. The mother on the other hand had faked lips (why would anyone do that to themselves; it's so ugly!) and other signs of plastic surgery. I thought it was kinda pitiful. Who'd want their mother to look nearly the same age as their girlfriends, except sort of freakishly plumped and stretched?

Woohoo, more ranting! :cheers:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Y'all I am scared. Had to get a routine physical for my new job and had to be in the first 10 days. He won't pass me. Blood in urine. I have no pain or anything. Plus, the medicine says I must stay out of the sun while taking it and the job is pretty much outside 2 hours a day. What do I do?

Kiwonk
10-06-2006, 03:26 AM
Eek! Do they know the cause?? You should be okay outdoors if you wear a wide brimmed hat, long sleeves and pants and lots of sunscreen, don't you think? Jeez, I hope it goes away. Get tested again soon, maybe it was a mistake!

I'm sitting up watching tv and waiting for DD and Bf to show up. But I really shouldn't be online in case she's calling. Oh well. Tata

Kiwi

Schatzi
10-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Oh Dear Peach!!!! Could it be just a bladder or Kidney infection??? I do hope that this is minor! :hug:

Wabby-- the cola Chicken dish is a staple in our house.. Fast easy and tasty!
How about a needlepoint project? While I don't want to get yer hopes up, if the house thing goes through you can start buying house building mags and cutting out pics of stuff you like.. :)

DH has a cutover tonight and tomorrow..hopefully the weather will be nice on Sunday as we will go back out to that property,, and I'll take some pics to post.

Kiwi: enjoy yer time with DD!!!

Kiwonk
10-06-2006, 11:57 AM
What's a cutover? Sounds like what they do to forests up here...

Schatzi, did you hear about that explosion in Apex? I hope that's not nearby, sounds bad.

Why would you name a town Apex anyway? Seems a little presumptious to me, just asking for trouble.

The kids showed up at 3 am this morning, and they are already out and about this morning. BF picked up DD over an hour ago to go visit some teachers at the h.s. Gluttons for punishment, aren't they? She looks tired but good.

Kiwi

Schatzi
10-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Sorry for the techno speak :lol: DH is a Cisco IP telephony engineer..A company is switching over from standard phones to Cisco phones, so the engineers are "cutting over" two offices this weekend..

Apex is the next town over.. :( We are all shut indoors with the air conditioning on. We heard the explosions last night-- and news spread quickly about the chemical plant exploding. Folks were evacuated fairly quickly and orderly.. Now they are concerned about the water/soil and air contamination.. How a chemical plant was built so near a residential area or visaversa, I dunno know. :shrug: Thankfully no one was seriously injured..mostly respiratory complaints... but they 've all been released from the hospitals. Right now it looks like they are just going to let the fire burn out, as the Firefighters and Hazmat dont really know what they are dealing with as there is a myriad of chemicals and compounds.. and some dont really know what the chemical changes are with all of it mixing together and exposed to high heat... or so they are saying currently on the TeeeVeee.

Schatzi
10-06-2006, 01:29 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAINTY!!!! :hug: :dance: :hb:

Wishing all that makes you SMILE!!!! :D

Kiwonk
10-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Oh my gosh, how scary! Stay safe, girl!

Kiwonk
10-06-2006, 01:52 PM
:woo: Yeah, happy birthday Painty!! :hb:

:cheers:

Wabby
10-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Heeee, I assume that post about it being scary was for Schatz, not a comment on Painty's birthday!

Happy Birthday, Painty!!!!! Congrats on another year well lived!!!!! :hat: :hb: :hb: :woo: :hug:

Kiwonk
10-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Well, I supposed I could have just let it stand and be interpreted as one wishes...

Bagzz
10-06-2006, 11:15 PM
great grand birthday wishes Painterly Woman!!! hope you had a lovely day!!!!!---darling shatz!!! try not to breathe too deeply and wait til they say that it's safe to go out---what a mess---we close to an oil refinery and a nuclear power plant so i feel your pain----i don't bother thinking about it cause there is nothing we can do-----kiwonkers!!!! how lovely that your dd came home for the Canadian Thanksgiving!!!! have a sweet weekend----and PEACHERS!!!! that sounds like a garden variety infection----common in us hags---you don't have to have pain to have an infection---don't 'worry!!!!!-----esp since you feel fine!!!=-=====;i agree with shatz----wabby----make up a wish list for your new digs---and plan your new garden!!!! yay!!!----i think it's almost time for me to plant tulips and crocus====anyone else gonna????

Cherry Cow
10-06-2006, 11:52 PM
Hello! It's been a week. Stars are misaligned for so many people!

Peachie, I hope all is well.

I can't post much... I'm attending a conference (but it's the next town over, so I come home at night,) so I have to write my thoughts on those.

Still 84 kilos.

Happy birthday Painty!

Kiwonk
10-07-2006, 02:42 PM
kiwonkers!!!! how lovely that your dd came home for the Canadian Thanksgiving!!!! That was considerate of her, wasn't it? And I forgot to buy a turkey for the occasion. Oh well, she'll home for the next Thanksgiving too.

--i think it's almost time for me to plant tulips and crocus====anyone else gonna????Here's how dim (as in dim bulb :lol: ) I am: when I read that, my first thought was "wow, could it really be almost spring?" Of course then I realized that bulbs are planted in the fall, but really, I think you could have convinced me that it was almost spring if you tried. Apparently I have no brain.

Now, speaking of dd being home -- we are hardly seeing her anyway. Yesterday she went over to school with BF to visit, then went with him to Stinkytown to get his mother's car worked on. It was only supposed to take a few hours, but it pretty much took all day. We did have dinner together and went out to the h.s. football game, where all her friends were going to meet. That was fun, we saw a lot of the kids back from college for the weekend and their parents and various other people we know. Oh, yeah, not so much of the game but since when did I ever go to a football game and watch the whole thing? But then the kids went out and DH and I went home. And DD decided to go with BF and his dad and brother hunting today so I don't expect to see her till dinnertime again. And she has to leave around noon tomorrow to get back for the dance performance she wants to see.

Well, it's another beautiful fall day. I should go play ball with the dog and then go to the store for more ice cream makings. I made a batch of churned ice cream last night, vanilla with chopped up dark chocolate in it. I'm thinking of orange sherbet today. I'm thinking homemade ice cream will entice DD to drag her friends over here this evening, at least for a while... :s:

Enjoy your conference, Cherry!

Kiwi

Schatzi
10-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Happy :turkey: DAY you CWAZY CANUCKS!!!! I know it's Monday , but I hear many a canadian celebrates the whole weekend long...

Home churned Ice cream..how purrrfectly maineish, provincal and I bet YUMMY!
Where the H*LLLLL is Stinkytown???? And thanks , because I will be stuck with this in my head all day: :rolleyes:

Gotta make a move to a
town that's right for meeeee
Town to keep me movin'
Keep me groovin' with some
energy.

Well, I talk about it,Talk about it,Talk about it,Talk about it,
Talk about, Talk about,
Talk about mooooooooovin,

Gotta move on.
Gotta move on.
Gotta move on.

Won't you take me to
Stinkytown.
Won't you take me to
Stinkytown.
Won't you take me to
Stinkytown.
Won't you take me to
Stinkytown.

:dz: Where is my Polyester jumpsuit?? :jig:

Cherry: what type of conference... did you use Kiwis handy weight conversion website thingie? I think any merican who knows metric must be schamht...

Must go back to my Book...:book2: I'm on book 1 of 6 of The Outlander series by Diana Galbadon ... It is a scrumptious read...! My gfren was surprised that I hadn't heard nor read it and promptly packed up her series and send it ...Tis a purrrefectly dismal day..overcast, rainy for a good snuggle and book!~

LOOOK HOLLOWEENIE STUFFF!!!:spid: :frank: :dracula: :sklol:

SugP
10-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Blimey! I don't check in for a few days and disaster strikes everywhere!

Peachy - :hug: Get better soon! I'm hoping it's nothing to worry about.

And Schatzi - Geez! How scary. Glad you weren't too close to that

I had the WORST week. Felt like barfing from Wednesday to Friday but didn't have it as bad as DH who DID actually barf on Wednesday night. Bleh. Had to go on a picnic with Boy10's class on Thursday afternoon and that nearly killed me. Feeling better now but still breaking out into a sweat for no apparent reason. I guess I'll be strong enough to shove a turkey in the oven tomorrow for Thanksgiving.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY Painty dear! This calls for a dancing carrot. :carrot:

Kiwonk
10-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Home churned Ice cream..how purrrfectly maineish, provincal and I bet YUMMY!
Where the H*LLLLL is Stinkytown???? And thanks , because I will be stuck with this in my head all day:..........

Won't you take me to
Stinkytown.Yep, thanks, won't be getting that out of my head for a few days....;) Stinkytown is my internet nickname for a neighboring town that sports a paper mill that makes Kraft paper, thereby emitting an odiferous charm that can give one pause. Of course I live on the outskirts of a paper mill town as well, but it doesn't make the same kind of paper and doesn't have that really bad sulferous smell. Sometimes it smells a bit like overcooked coffee; that's the worst that it gets.

Just so you know, I used an electric ice cream maker for my home churned yummies, but I must say there were very well received. We entertained all of DDbf's family. Nine people in the living room which seats 5. They are all very laid back, thank goodness. The vanilla w/choc bits was delicious, but the fresh-squeezed orange sherbet was awesome!! And actually not a bad choice for the diet-conscious. The quart of sherbet contained 3 cups of whole millk, 2 cups of orange juice, 1-1/2 cups of sugar and a pinch of salt. I could easily choose that over the heavy cream stuff any time because it was sooo good. I wonder how it measures up for price. I'll have to figure that out; it may be worthwhile to make this stuff more often. Certainly healthier than xanthan gum, wouldn't you think?

Poor Sugar, I hope you feel better :getwell: and don't get nauseous on turkey day!

I have to go look at the new smilies. Back in a minute....
:woohoo: :book2: :swim: :trampo: :haphal: :ghost: :bat: :bat: :bat: Oh this is lovely. So many choices!! Must have many bats... :bat: :bat: Many many bats. :bat: :bat: :bat:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-08-2006, 11:25 PM
:spid: Who makes these things? So cute. I have had a horrible cold all weekend and have stayed in the bed or on the sofa. My appetite is down and this partly the cold and partly maybe my repulsion at this little child who, like many children, wants to touch and lean on caretakers. He sits by me at lunch and his little nasty hands have been making their way to my food. He is not deliberately doing this. He just leans on my legs, sticks his hands into his salad, then picks up my fork. My fork was covered with salad dressing and just disgusting. Then we had pnutbutter/jelly sandwiches for snack and luckily I didn't want mine because he leaned across me to communicate with someone else and balanced himself by putting his hand on my sandwich. This must stop. Gag.

I thought one little girl very cute when, as punishment, she was told to go to the back of the line. She stood there all dainty and small and said, "I have to go to the back of the lion?"

Nice song Shots.

Schatzi
10-09-2006, 08:59 AM
Happy Thanksgiving ! :thanks2:

Peach cheeks I am ROLLING!!! :rofl: Thanks for my morning chuckle! I'm sure just as you lose the ability to hear high pitched wailing, you will no longer notice sticky fingers soon.... I hope your infection cleared up darlin!

Wabby: I think I will do that briny thing this thanksgiving..you've piqued my interest since I have no idea what a turkey could taste like other than turkey :rolleyes: :dizzy:

Kiwi: I use to go to Jacksonville, FL for work a lot, and there was a papermill and a coffee plant close by... wet pulp and burnt cawfee.. I guess folks get use to the smell ... The Sherbert sounds quite divine!

Bagzilla and Suggie: What's planned fer the Holiday darlins??

It was crappy weather all weekend...nothing but rain.. so I stayed snuggled on the couch, lit some candles, played some soft jazz and read my book ALLLL WEEKEND :D

What are these Turkeys doing???? Why is that one smiling??????:turkey:

Kiwonk
10-09-2006, 02:06 PM
I have had a horrible cold all weekend and have stayed in the bed or on the sofa....... his little nasty hands have been making their way to my food. Certainly explains the cold, eh? I forgot about that part of being with small children; the viruses you get to share. :barf: When you said you were eating with the kids, I was picturing you at the head of a table or something; this does sound pretty nauseating. Good luck, my dear. One compensation at least, is you'll develop some awesome immunities eventually -- hmm, aren't there certain vitamins that help develop immunities? Vit. C I'm sure, but must be some others.

What are these Turkeys doing???? I've wondered that every year. My theory is that the one on top is actually this guy :dancer: and he thinks his turkey is a horse (as opposed to his horse is a turkey :lol3: ). At least that's my G-rated theory.

Our sailboat came home today. All by itself. Not really; it had help. But I guess I'll have to be climbing up there later and unloading stuff. Yay, more laundry :rolleyes:

I wanta do this: :trampo:

It's another beautiful fall day here in Podunk. Amazing.

Happy Canadaish Thanksgiving and a Cheerful Columbus Day to those of you who celebrate that (how would you celebrate that? Italian food? Invasion? Oh, I know, standing on the deck of a boat with a spyglass while wearing a floppy hat)

Jet has hot breath. I would let her near my food sooner than I would let that little boy near it.

Kiwi

Wabby
10-09-2006, 03:15 PM
It's another beautiful fall day here in Podunk. Here at this Pudunk too!!! It's actually supposed to hit 80 degrees on tuesday.

Peachez, have you tried that stuff called Airbourne that was developed by a teacher who had to work w/ germy kids? It's supposed to be a wonder drug for colds and flu. Don't you make all the little darlin's line up and wash their hands before lunch?

Schatzi, I'll get you the recipe for the brined turkey - my brain is kind like a sieve and I keep forgetting. :?:

We went to see The Departed on Saturday. It was a good, although violent movie, but what really blew me away is how rude and loud ppl are in the theatre!!! I sat next to a woman who made loud and ignorant comments through the entire film, not to mention laughing at inappropriate moments, (like when characters in the movie get killed). It totally drove me crazy. Ppl talking away like they're watching a video in their living room at home.

Kayden has a pumpkin costume for Halloween. She looks absolutely adorable in it.

We live in a mill town too, although it doesn't stink, so I don't know exactly what they make there. Some kind of non stinky paper I guess. We have beautiful water falls on the river here and an ugly paper mill. Here's a picture - mill to the left--

Kiwonk
10-09-2006, 03:48 PM
That's so purty. I wonder if that's the same mill that my friends moved out there to work for - SP? or something?

Schatzi
10-09-2006, 03:57 PM
No rush Wabs, ya got about 6 weeks till Thanksgiving :lol: You do live in such a purty place..sigh! What mountain is that in the background ...Hood? What a view! you must send pics of lil pumpkin Kayden!!! ...
I know what you mean about rude folks in movies! It takes alot of restraint fer me not to just yell SHUT UPPPPPPPPPP AND WATCH THE MOOOOVIE :club: :corn:

DH and I were thinking of seeing that flick.. Scorsese = Violence... I want to see The Prestige when that comes out.. about 2 magicians...

Tooo many cute Smilies :woohoo: I like this :badbat::cheer2:

Wabby
10-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Lovely good morning cowsies! It's sunny and beeeeuuuuteeeful here today.:cool:

Kiwi, this mill is called the Blue Heron paper mill. They produce paper mostly out of recycled pulp. Probably not the company your friend works at. I think this place is barely surviving.

I have a new whacky brother who lives on the property behind me story. Same brother who broke his hip last month ----- I got a phone call from his "girlfriend" (and that's a whole other story) yesterday evening that he had flipped his tractor over and was pinned underneath it and send DH over w/ his tractor to get him out. As soon as I ran out of the house to go tell DH I looked backed towards my brother's house and it looked like the whole woods were on fire. Apparently he'd been burning some slash piles from trees that they'd just had timbered off and it had gotten out of control. He was trying to do something with the tractor (I haven't exactly figured out yet). DH drove back there w/ our neighbor and between the 2 of them and a whole bunch of adrenaline they lifted the tractor up enough for another neighbor to pull my brother out. It's amazing how strong you can get when you have a huge fire coming your way and a tractor spilling fuel all around you. By that time we had 2 fire trucks, a rescue truck and an ambulance there. Long story short --- the firemen got the fire put out, my brother refused to go in the ambulance to get checked out, the tractor is still upside down and DH needs to go to the chiropractor. One more reason I want to move. I don't want to be the one they call when my brother finally commits suicide by farm equipment.

Kiwonk
10-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Ah, yes, he works for SP in Newberg. Not too far away though, eh?

That's a real wacky story for sure .... Or more to the point, a horror story! Sounds like someone should take away his big boy toys.

I am so sick about this Amish children story. The more I read about it, the angrier it makes me. The guy wasn't really after "revenge" for something done to him, he had molested children himself; if anything he was acting out of guilt and self-hatred. Why oh why can't these people just kill themselves and stop taking other innocent people with them? It makes me sick to think of the nightmare he left for his family and the families of all those girls.

Not to mention the fact that now George Bush wants to get into controlling school violence. I'm sure that will make it all better.

:club: GRRRR :sumo: Kiwi on warpath today. :frank:

Kiwi

Kiwonk
10-10-2006, 06:15 PM
I just spent the past half hour stripping everything off the front of my refrigerator. Well, actually the first 15 minutes was spent clearing off the kitchen table so I'd have somewhere to work. But anyway, it must have been at least 10 years since I've taken everything off there. It made me hyperventilate, taking down some of that stuff. I'm such a wimp. Apparently I would be just as happy if I could still hang 4th grade schoolwork or something. Change is too hard!!

On the other hand, the fridge door is now a great big blank canvas! I think I'll cover it with photos. :lol:

I had a dream last night that a guy I know came on this forum and left a message, just saying hello. This was not someone I would appreciate reading my day to day thoughts. When I woke up, I started thinking about how someone would find it, and whether they would recognize me here if they did. Yuk.

Kiwi

Wabby
10-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Kiwi, repeat after me - change is good, change is exciting, change is good, change is exciting ....... :hug:

I can't read any more about the Amish children. Sometimes things are just too heartbreaking to think about. I stopped at a garage sale around the corner from my house this weekend. It was a benefit for a 15 month old little girl - a baby - who has kidney cancer. You just have to wonder what the plan is that includes a baby suffering like that.

I don't worry about any strange ppl reading my day to day thoughts, b/c they'd get bored right away and find someone else to cyber stalk.

Newberg is about 40 minutes away. Pretty area, w/ lots of vineyards and farmland. Do you ever watch Little Ppl, Big World? it's close to where they live.

Cowpernia
10-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Speaking of nightmares, I came home and my front door was open. Open. And beside it was a package I ordered from Amazon. Scary. The mailwoman mighta seen the tip.

Other nightmares: was telling woman at work how difficult it is to deal with kids who have a family member there. Didn't know that was her granddd.

Still have a cold. How do you stop nose from nosing?

Wabby
10-11-2006, 01:15 PM
OOOOhhhh. :foot: Peachers, how embarraskin'. :o I have no cold advice, but I hope you feel better. :getwell:

Another gorgeous day here on the left coast.

Here's my work drama for the day - Ppl who happen to be our new neighbors ordered almost $5000 worth of windows installed in their house. They signed proposal which stated it would be due when the job was complete. Work is done, no complaints, love the new windows, and now, 2 weeks after install they gave me a check for $1500 and said they're supposed to get a bonus in a couple weeks and they'll pay the balance then. Grrrrrrrrrr:mad: I'm soooo mad. Ppl just amaze me. It's not like they had to buy new windows, and now I have to look at their house every day I go home and be mad. Do they think we just pull materials out of thin air and our guys don't like to get paid every week???? :club:

Kiwonk
10-11-2006, 02:12 PM
How'd your door get open, Peachie? That worries me. Doesn't it close tight? Do you think the cat went out for the day and forgot to close it when he got home? By the way, how is the cat that was sick?

Our barn door is wide open. The latch doesn't work anymore. Oh well, it's not much of a barn anyway. Nothing is going to run away from it, that's for sure.

That's some pretty presumptuous neighbors, Wabby! You'd think they'd be mortified that you see them everyday knowing they haven't paid, but there are a lot of people who just don't care. I hope you get the rest of your money without any more hassles.

My refrigerator is still blindingly clear of anything. It's rather disturbing. Does anyone know how to clean photos that get sticky stuff on them? I'd hate to ruin some of them.

Later gators
Kiwi

SugP
10-11-2006, 03:49 PM
I amboring. I have nothing to say. Except that today my weight actually matches what it says on my weight tracker which means I have actually lost 8 lbs somewhere along the way. Maybe more than 8 because I think I could have possibly lied about the starting date.

Man, Wabby - you have such an exciting life. Wasn't there another brother/tractor incident a couple of years ago?? And I can't believe those people haven't paid you.

Kiwi - It's hard throwing away all that nostalgic stuff, isn't it? I keep finding little turtlenecks and undershirts that fit my kids when they were 2 and I can't bear to get rid of them.

Peachy! - Ugh - sticky, stinky, sniffly little kids are not so good if they aren't your own. I guess you'll probably get a new virus every week until your immune system gets used to pre-schoolers leaning on your sandwiches.

Schatz - we had a nice Thanksgiving dinner which was a teensy bit stressful since I was also trying to pack at the last minute for ds10's 5 day field trip. I can't believe how much I'm missing him this time. He has his own cell phone and has been calling us every evening to say hi.

Kiwonk
10-11-2006, 06:43 PM
I amboring. .....I like the word amboring. It's like ambling if you had marbles in your mouth.

It might be the act of being a lot like Amber.

I can't believe how much I'm missing him this time. He has his own cell phone and has been calling us every evening to say hi.What a good boy! I used to think cellphones were more of a hassle than a good thing. Now that DD is at school, I think they are the best thing ever.

I wonder what we're going to have for dinner tonight? I haven't thought about it at all, and it's already 5:41

Kiwi

Wabby
10-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Not only did Sugar make a yummy Thanksgiving dinner, she has pictures of it on her blog. Your turkey was perfect - looked like something out of a magazine.

I'm sure there was another tractor incident a couple years ago. My brother has his problems - most of which involve alcohol, prescription pain pills, and plain old stupidity. This is the middle brother, my oldest brother is normal, my youngest brother is even worse. Well not worse, just scarier. He has a bit of an anger management problem so I keep my distance.

We're not supposed to throw baby stuff out yet, are we??? I still have lots of my babies special outfits. That's what attics are for. :bb:

Sugar, I lost 8 lbs. since I've been behaving myself too!!! Feels good, huh?

Kiwonk
10-11-2006, 08:06 PM
You guys are behaving yourselves? I think I forgot how.

You don't have to throw out the special baby stuff. Ever.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Sugar boy is a good boy. Door closes tight. Probably I just didn't complete the action. Cat is good, fat, and happy.

Here's my doctor thing: there's a local clinic that's only open a few hours in the afternoon and you can just walk in there for $35 and see a doctor. That's what I did to get the physical. ($35.) But he said I had the serious urinary infection and the test for that was $5. ($40.) And he said to come back seven days into the pills, have the urine checked again but I said I want a work physical. You're not healthy, he said, come before the seven days and I'll write that you're under treatment and give you the physical then. So I went back ($75) and he said if you work with kids you need a skin tb test. They didn't require it but he made sense, I thought. It was $25. ($100). Today, I went back to get the tb test read and the urine thing redone. ($135) The tb test was ok and he gave me a flu shot at my request which I won't add in but was $25 like everywhere else. Thennnnnnnnnnnnn he said I have to come back when the meds are gone and have the urine checked. That will be $170. I woulda come out cheaper to go to a normal $70 per visit doctor. I don't even know if this guy knows what he's doing. English is not his first language and his memory and mine don't match.

Wabby
10-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Peach, please tell me that after all this, your job will provide health insurance.

Schatzi, I got the recipe out for the turkey. I left it on the kitchen counter. I'm getting closer to remembering.

My doggies never leave the door open. I don't know about cats. They seem so independant, you just never know when they'll leave a door open. We had a horse that was an escape artist. Her stall had 3 different latches on it and she could still manage to get out. We'd find her out of her stall, with her head in the grain box (which also had a lid and latch on it).

Kiwonk
10-12-2006, 02:08 PM
he said, come before the seven days and I'll write that you're under treatment and give you the physical thenI guess that's how the quicky doctors make their money -- you have to come back for this, you have to come back for that. How annoying. I hope at least you are all healthy as a result.

I saw Suzanne Sommers on Martha yesterday. She was hawking a book about aging. It actually sounded useful. And for a while there she actually sounded intelligent and knowledgeable, but of course eventually she ran out of brain and started sounding like Chrissy again. I may even get that book at the library; it covered all the hormonal changes and what kind of treatment options are out there.

Wow, your horse coulda been a Teevee star, Wabby. Sounds very motivated.

Here's something weird. When I was trying to type Wabby, it came out Barry. My fingers are becoming dyslexic.

It started pouring rain early this morning and we now have a tub of water in our kitchen. Ask me what we're doing about our leaky roof. No, don't bother, I'll tell you: nothing.

Oh, except for every time it happens I get more depressed and contemplate extreme measures. But I have cheered up and am going to go call my Dd and see how she's doing. She's participating in the Diabetes Walkathon this weekend. Anyone want to donate?

Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Quicky doctors .. is that a speciality now?

I saw Suzanne Sommers, too. She's 60 and she says she looks good cause she takes a certain brand of hormone and we all should. Sounds too spensive.

I get insurance after six months. Kid by kid, I'm learning to love the job.

Kiwonk
10-13-2006, 02:01 AM
Kid by kid, I'm learning to love the job.Yay! Will they get to dress up for Halloween? Here are some suggestions: :witch: :cheer2: :witch2: :mouse: :chef: :dracula: :belly: :sklol: :queen: :frank: :joker: :carrot:and the ever-popular :moo:

Did you know that this week is National Coming Out Week? According to DD, anyway. Her roommate made a public declaration that she's gay. Isn't that nice? :chin: Well, she's a nice girl, and studies all the time. DD says she and her girlfriend are "cute" together.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-13-2006, 08:33 AM
I did see that it's Coming Out Week but I had no idea what it meant. Is this approved by Bush? I don't even know how one gets a girlfriend.

What if I have to dress up? What should I be?

I am so excited about this new blog I found out about. Must go look for updates.

Wabby
10-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Yup. That one promises to be a hi-larrry-*** blog. I discovered I really had nothing much to say to bother writing a blog. I know, I know, you wouldn't be able to tell from my rambling here.

Peachers, 'scuse me for being so rude as to ask about your insurance. None of my bees wax - I just worry about you. I'm happy that these little children appreciate you enough to make sure you get good medical care. It's a shame that us 'mericans have to worry about it. I bet you're going to love those kids so much that it will be hard when they graduate to the next grade level.

When is Not Embarrassed to be Straight week?

Suzanne Sommers looks good at 60 b/c she looked gorgeous at 30. Look at Sophia Loren, Raquel Welch, Jacqueline Smith, Tina Turner ---- all those women who were gorgeous when they were young --- guess what? they look good now too. Plus it helps that they have buckets of money to spend on their appearance.

I've got me a headache today. bleeeehhhh.

Now I've got to go think of ideas for Peaches costume.

Kiwonk
10-13-2006, 01:16 PM
I don't even know how one gets a girlfriend.Same way you get a boyfriend, except when you share clothes, they fit you.

When is Not Embarrassed to be Straight week? I know, I know. Sometimes I get sick of all the self-congratulatory posturing too, but there are still kids who get beaten to a pulp for daring to admit they're gay, so I cut them all a little slack.

I went to said blog but they wouldn't let me comment. And I even looked up my blogger name. Of course maybe my account was defunct. Or maybe it just wasn't working at the time. Ms. Blogger needs to enable nonBloggers so we can annoy her.

What should I do today? I have the house to myself.

Kiwi

Wabby
10-13-2006, 01:42 PM
What should I do today? I have the house to myself.
Get outta the house and have some fun. :carrot:

SugP
10-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Not only did Sugar make a yummy Thanksgiving dinner, she has pictures of it on her blog. Your turkey was perfect - looked like something out of a magazine.

The turkey is plastic, Wabby. I just bring it out every year, dust it off and take a picture. :D :D :D In fact my whole blog is plastic. I make someone else write it and take the pictures while I lie on the couch eating bon bons and directing traffic. :devil: That is why I am fat. No one to blame but myself.

I don't even know if this guy knows what he's doing. English is not his first language and his memory and mine don't match.

Oh, oh, oh - not good at all. I don't get why a doctor wouldn't understand that you'd want to take the route that's going to be most effective AND not cost that much. There must be some middle ground somewhere. Has the infection at least cleared up now? We don't want you to be sick any more:hug:

I saw Suzanne Sommers on Martha yesterday. She was hawking a book about aging. It actually sounded useful. And for a while there she actually sounded intelligent and knowledgeable...

Yeah, I saw her promoting that book on Larry King Live a while back and she did sort of sound like she knew what she was talking about, but I dunno. They want you to first buy the book and then the probably mega expensive hormones and then you don't have enough money left to go anywhere to show off your perfectly balanced self.

That Hilary-*** Person Who Started a Blog by Accident may have registered it as a beta blog and I hear they are causing no end of problems with commenting etc because Google can't leave well enough alone and things can only get worse now that they've eaten YouTube.

Kiwonk
10-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Sugar, you are so blogworthy.

I made meatloaf for dinner, and homemade applesauce. It's not done yet. I'm starving.

DH bought us a new scanner today. Ain't that exciting...?

:swim: What I wish I was doing.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-13-2006, 10:41 PM
I didn't think Wabby was rude. What did I say?

You have to yell at kids. Did you know that? And take things away from them. And carry them kicking and screaming to another part of the room for timeout. Did you know all this????

Bagzz
10-13-2006, 11:39 PM
i don't know how to enable non bloggers---that's why i had to become one to comment on my dsd's blog----it was all a mistake and i regret it,but first i will see if they let me swear----then i may reconsider.

Cherry Cow
10-14-2006, 12:47 AM
Hi-Larryass accidental blogs? Sign me up!

BTW, cute monkey story. I'd like to see more!

I exercised! Did a cardio&weights DVD. Trying to go back to the Firm-like workouts without actually doing the Firm.

Kiwonk
10-14-2006, 01:16 PM
Okay, you got me. What monkey story?

SugP
10-14-2006, 04:44 PM
The one about eating too much bananas. The end.

:jig::cb: :jig: :cb::jig:

Kiwonk
10-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Oh that monkey story! I was wracking my brain trying to remember a post on here about monkeys and coming up empty.

I spent 15 or 20 minutes this afternoon raking leaves. :exercise: Holy cow am I out of shape! It was exhausting! But it would have been a good tired except for the fact that Jet decided to take advantage of my tired when I was putting away the rake and run away up to the road, so I had to run down to the lake to distract her from the traffic. And I didn't have a leash with me, so I had to haul her back home holding her collar. Now I'm really tired.

DD did the Diabetes Walkathon today in Boston. :cheer2: Her group raised over $2500 and received special badges or something. She said it was a lot of fun; they even got free lunch, and "goody bags" containing some really goofy stuff like flavored Splenda and Minute Rice. :lol:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-15-2006, 03:41 PM
I have 2 things to share.

First, Yahoo has this question forum where you ask anything and people answer it. My fav question has been "Is it proper to hug a tree if it's only 12 years old?"

Second, check out this guy. Funny poems about the North Korean guy (http://saldetraglia.blogspot.com/2005/04/send-in-clowns.html) on tv.

I am allergic to this Septra stuff and am itchy with big puffy red things all over. I hate that doctor and will never go back.

Kiwonk
10-15-2006, 04:29 PM
That's 3 things. I am reading Sal's Virtual Tapas Bar right now; he's funny. I will think of a good question for Yahoo. I had one I really wanted to get an answer to the other day and I can't remember what it is now. I do remember I was searching on Google Groups. hmmm :chin: I'll think of it eventually.

I'm sorry to hear about the hives or whatnot. That's not good. You should make sure you know the generic name of that medication so you don't ever use it again. Allergies only get worse with exposure from my experience. My previous dog was treated with a sulfa drug once for an infection and never got over the skin trauma that resulted. She had inflamed areas for the rest of her life. The moral of that tale is, um, don't lick the red spots. :o

I went on a long dog walk this morning. It was another beautiful fall day, still not too cold during the day, lots of crunchy leaves to shuffle through, although the trees aren't bare yet either. Very nice!

Kiwi

SugP
10-16-2006, 06:49 AM
First, Yahoo has this question forum where you ask anything and people answer it. My fav question has been "Is it proper to hug a tree if it's only 12 years old?"LOL. The things people ask. I love that Yahoo question thing. And? Is it OK to hug the tree?

Second, check out this guy. Funny poems about the North Korean guy (http://saldetraglia.blogspot.com/2005/04/send-in-clowns.html) on tv. Hey! That's my best blogging buddy Sal! He is SO funny. But he has a nice, normal, serious side too and knows all about kitchen renovations and Thai food.

I am allergic to this Septra stuff and am itchy with big puffy red things all over. I hate that doctor and will never go back.
Oh you poor thing! Is that an antibiotic? Stop taking it right away. We need to find you a real doctor. Is there another clinic you can go to?

I am about to take 45 minutes out of my busy schedule (NOT) and go "do" Leslie. I'll probably die since I haven't exercised in months, but what the hey.

Way to go on the leaf raking, Kiwi! I think stuff like that where you have to move your arms really gets all the muscles you don't usually use. And YAY for the $2500 Diabetes Walkathon money! That's fantastic. Those kids can be proud.

Wabby
10-16-2006, 01:35 PM
Peaches, you didn't say I was rude. You're too polite to say I was rude. I said I was rude. It was one of those things that floated into my brain late at night when I can't sleep, along with all the other things in my life I'm screwing up.

It's my dad's birthday on wednesday. My dad is usually in Yuma at this time of year so I can get away with a card or a phone call. This year he's going to be in town here so my sister is having a birthday party for him. I don't want to go. The last time I spoke to my dad (about a month ago) he was rambling something about my DH lying to me about some squeeze chute cow thing and how I have to side w/ DH blah, blah, blah. (DH has never said a word about the cow chute thingy - I don't know what he was talking about.) Yes! he's still working his vendetta against my DH. You'd think he'd get tired of beating that old dead horse....... and my dad has never even mentioned my Granddaughter - not even a "hey, heard you had an addition to your family, congratulations." So I'm not feeling like going and making a big deal about his birthday...... and even so, I feel guilty about it. Dumb, huh?

Kiwi! $2500! that's wonderful. DD can really feel proud about that.

I did nothing productive all weekend. I went to bunco and won most buncos, which was $34 - go me. I took DD shopping and bought her 2 pair of shoes, I went out to lunch. I took a nap. I'm a slug.

You must read Sugar's blog today --- she's sooooo funny and witty, but of course you already knew that...... and if you want to see my pretty maple trees you can read my almost defunct blog.

Bagzz
10-16-2006, 10:58 PM
i didn't even get a chance to see if i could swear down't the blog---i tried to post THREE times, it said i was successful,i downloaded a picture--they said THAT was successful--------nothing showed up so --- I QUIT!!!--- and most especially cause i don't feel like talking over there if i can talk HERE~!!!----soooooo----kiwonkers!!! amazing amount of cash raised by those sweet young things!!! she must be having a ball !!! i must say,i have felt quite JEALOUS of all these kids and their wondeful lives----it's not fair of me though---I had my time {in the sun!!}---it's their turn-----!! WABBY=====poor you---what a dilemma----the main trouble is your dad NOT appreciating such a wonderful daughter as yourself! that is the real shame---he misses out BIG time,but that's no consolation---i think Ann Landers would tell you to be polite,but don't put yourself into any uncomfortable situations----it's not worth your mental health!!!----we have three boats this week,including the Queen Mary 2 again=====i hope they have some cash to spare cause we barely made a hundred bucks today!!! RETAIL sucks!!! {by the way wabs---did those 'neighbours' pay their bill yet!!} i am tired--- i think i will lay my weary frame upon my rack.

Kiwonk
10-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Hi. I'm totally bummed that Bagz can't blog. Maybe your entries were hijacked and will be found someday halfway across the world entertaining some chubby Tahitians.

I am very excited -- I might be able to sign Jet up for flyball classes. I would have to drive to the big city every Tuesday evening for it, but I think it would be perfect for her. She will get to run as fast as she can, grab a tennis ball, run back and get a reward. All these things she is already good at, but she'll learn to hop over hurdles on the way. I'm sure that will be a piece of cake, she's very graceful at jumping over things. Of course maybe I'm being over-confident; possibly at the first class she will lie in the corner and suck her thumb. :bb:

Hope the QM brings lots of tourist $$$ Bagzie.

Sugar is making me want to bake a cake.

Your dad is such a fool, Wab. Do you suppose he's just so vain he can't face the idea of being a great-grandfather? Amazing that he'd be trying to pit you against your DH at this late date. He must really live in a fantasy world.

Where the heck is Cowpeach, Schatzi, Painty and Cherry? I will be going out of town in 2 days and I guess they are waiting till I leave to post.

Kiwi

Schatzi
10-17-2006, 02:47 PM
I is here.... we had to vacate for 2 days whilst water was shut off due to the chemical fire and subsequent testing and then apparently a pipe burst... then I came down with a cold.. I still feel a tad under the weather.. nothing new to report.. my life is boring me.

Where ya going Kiwi?? That class sounds puuurfect for energetic Jet!
Wabs: Yeah what Kiwi said... at least you have a wonderful DH and children and beautiful GD Kayden!!! So you made a nice family !

Wabby
10-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Schatzi, your life is anything but boring - big news broadcast all over the country about your chemical fire right next door - it didn't even occur to me that you were incommunicado b/c or that, I just assumed you were off looking for land. :mag:

My neighbors did finally pay us - when she came to give me a check for $1500 I told her that the proposal stated that payment was due upon completion of work, and that we would be happy to accept a credit card for payment. She said she'd check w/ her husband and call me - she didn't call, so after a couple days I sent a certified mail right to lien. They came in the next day w/ a credit card. I felt very uncomfortable, but at least we got paid.

Bagzie, I hope the Queen brings lots of spendthrifts with her --- business in general can really suck -- but then there are those times that are great too. ooh and you "get to be your own boss":rofl:

Thanks for the support re: my dad. I'm learning to not take him personally. :dunno: The only person it will bother if me and my family doesn't show is my mom, and I know she understands. I'll give him the happy birthday phone call and call it good.

Schatzi
10-17-2006, 05:27 PM
Wow you are one on the ball business woman Wabs! Good for you ! It is miserable here..overcast,rainy, ccccoooold.. My MIL called to give me an update on a friend who passed away.. (the one me and DH met for dinner a few months ago... ) seems he left Duke Hospital, went home, flew out to Florida to see a few friends, came back to Duke , called his brother told him about the chemical fire out here and was going to call to make sure me and DH were okay, when he took a turn for the worst and passed away.. I guess he knew he didnt have much time and made a special effort to see his old friends before leaving all of us :( ... so whilst on the phone MIL says oh and I just found out that X died too.. A dear friend from me and DH's teen and young married life group of friends... he was only 46... and I have no details on how he died at home... He was our driver for our wedding, as he couldnt afford to be a groomsman..sad sad.. We grew apart as this particular group of friends were into heavy partying and well, we outgrew them... sooo... as I am searching for info on an obituary, I stumble acrossed another person who wasn't so much a friend as an acquaintance... but still ... I closed my eyes and said a prayer for them ...
Well now that I've spread so much sunshine, I think I'll go watch Judge Judy.

Kiwonk
10-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Wow you are one on the ball business woman Wabs! I was going to say you've got balls, Wabby, but Schatzi's wording is a little nicer.... Good going!

Wow, so sorry to hear about your friends, Schatzi. Do I have to start scanning the obits? Nooooooo :(

To answer your question, we are going to parents weekend at dd's univ. Complete with her first performance on campus playing guitar and singing at the coffeehouse. I'll bet she's going to be a bit nervous. Although probably I will be more nervous than she will be. Then on Friday she'll be performing a dance routine with her Kathak dance class. That should be interesting. We are staying in Lexington, MA at El Cheapo Quality Inn. You should have seen the prices at the places the school suggested. :yikes: I wouldn't pay those prices on vacation, let alone for a long weekend when you don't even care about the room.

Later guys
Kiwi

Wabby
10-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Kiwi, you're going to have such fun at parent's weekend! I bet DD won't be a bit nervous - that girl seems to take everything in stride.

Me being assertive is totally against my character, but I just tried to be polite and ... well, assertive without being my usual push over self. It's a new experience for me and I kind of like it. Did you know that if you nicely state what you need that it's usually not the end of the world?

On Saturday DH and I will have been married - I think- 29 years. I was 21 when I got married, so that seems to add up right. :dizzy: Doesn't seem like it's been that long.

Wabby
10-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Schatz, you feeling ok today? :hug: sorry for your losses. When it rains it does seem to pour.

Wabby
10-19-2006, 03:37 PM
Where are y'all?

SugP
10-19-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm heeeeere! Just been busy scrubbin' the house. Will comment tomorrow.

Cowpernia
10-19-2006, 09:10 PM
I"m here and I have exciting news :cb: says the woman with no life :rolleyes: This woman came from the down the road to critique me at work today and I didn't do horrible. Everything wasn't right but some stuff nobody splained to me yet so I felt ok about it. And the woman who is my assistant did a stand-up job instead of the usual sitting and looking bored thing she does.

Can anybody beat that? Yeah? I thought so.

Bagzz
10-19-2006, 11:48 PM
i can't beat it and i applaud your good news!!! the thing about kids that i learned is this{when i was a teacher =long. long ago!}!----------once you get to know them,you like MOST Of them---the odd one is extremely annoying which can be irritating BUT,generally kids are quite interesting-and i love the crazy things they say-----i was just remembering what ds said a few years ago--i think grade three or four--he was upset because he sweats so much----he said " i must be a nerd,cause i even sweat when i am playing the ukelele"========and the poor thing was upset when he said it-----------SO!!!! congratulations on your good performance review and i hope you can get some enjoyment out of these little urchins!!!okay ,so the damn Queen Mary II is finally here again tomorrow so hopefully those brits will part with some cash!!! xoxoxo to all----happy anniversary wabby and have a nice weekend kiwonkers and oh my gosh shatz!!! sorry to hear of all your friends!!!i hate that kind of thing----we are too young for all this!!! hi sugs!!! clean that tip! haha--then come and clean tHIs one!!

Cowpernia
10-20-2006, 12:03 AM
Thanks Bagzo. The sweetest funny thing one said lately came from her showing me legos of all sorts of baby animals. I asked what the baby seal ate and she said "food." It lives in the water, I said, what is in the water to eat? She didn't come up with anything so I said fish. She waved her hand in front of my face and said, "But not mermaids. No. No. No. Mermaids are BEAUtiful."

The Brits should love you. You both talk funny. I'd better go back and read. What happened to Shots' friends and Sugar's tip and WabbyWorld and Kiwi is always running off.

Wabby
10-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Congratulations, Peach! I'm happy to hear your supervisor person appreciates what a wonderful teacher you are. We all coulda told her..... those leetle kids are so cute at that age.... and she's right... Mermaids are beautiful.

I'm going to eat lunch w/ my mom and seeeesters in 1 hour.

Is your house clean yet, Sugar? I loved your hug video. It made me tear up, but just about everything makes me tear up lately.

We got our ballots in the mail yesterday, with our property annexation on it and everything. We're ballot measure #3-245. Now I'm really nervous.

I bet Kiwi is off having a blast.

Cherry Cow
10-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Hello! Shots, sorry about your friends. Peachie, congrats for doing well.

I'm exercising! Yay! And eating pretty well, although today has been a day for cookies and cake. That's okay, as long as it doesn't happen too often. And I'm wearing jeans I haven't worn since my first semester of grad school, when I was 170. Yay running!

Kiwonk
10-21-2006, 08:23 PM
just about everything makes me tear up lately. Oo, me too. I thought it was just me being depressed, but maybe it's the DAM thing.

But anyway, congrats on the good performance review, Cowpeachie! I knew you'd do great! That is going to be my new slogan. Not Mermaids No No No I can see a little girl saying that. Sounds just like my niece, she lectured me the whole time I was at the beach last summer, it was a hoot.

And we are having a good time at parents weekend!! DD played and sang like an angel on Thursday. The BF drove down to see her too, and she had a whole bunch of friends from here who came to the coffeehouse and seemed to really enjoy it. She was having a good time bantering with them, although to be honest the mike was such that DH and I and BF who were sitting in the back couldn't her when she talked. Fortunately the singing was amplified enough though.

We've been to some lectures, walked our butts off, eaten a bunch of free meals in the dining halls (but no mermaids), been in and out of Boston, stood in the rain waiting for buses, watched part of a soccer match, went to the Harvard bookstore, and 3 more bookstores, got lost a few times, had a police escort back to our motel last night (we misplaced our road, and he led us to the correct one), ate Malaysian food, and tonight we are going to a concert which DD is not in, but she must work at, and tomorrow we will head back home. Not a bad way to spend a weekend. Hopefully the ride home will not include the screeching argument like on the way down. :o

Love and kisses from Tufts U.

Kiwi

Schatzi
10-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Checking back in with you FABOOO MOO MOOs! We were back in Jersey for a funeral... too much death going on! Anyhoo.....

Peachie: That is priceless!!! You should keep track of those darling little thoughts and write a book.. NO eating Mermaids !!!! Must remember that! he heeeeee! My aunt (the ceramic artist) made me a tile mural of Ursula (I love her ) the Sea Hag from "The little Mermaid"... so if you're ugly and fat I guess you are a sea hag and not a mermaid??? Anyway, I have it hanging over the terlet in all her big butt glory.... Speaking of ugly... has anybody seen that new show Ugly Betty? What a hoot it is ! I'm hooked on that and "Heros" and Dexter... Thank the TV gods fer TIVO.. but, I've been watching waaaay to much tv these days...

Kiwi: Sounds like a wonderful time in Beantown! Yelling and fighting is to pass the time whilst on a road trip aint it??? DH and I fought all the way to Jersey :lol: I absolute hate the way he drives and that he is such a busy body wondering WHY this driver is switching lanes and why this one is being an *** and blah blah... WTH, just DRIVE MAN, No sense wondering what other drivers are doing or not doing or how they are doing it!! Sheesh!!!

Bags: I hope the cruisers off loaded some cash to yer smelly soap store!!!!!!

Wabby: when do you get the results of the resolution/vote/ballot thingy??? On pins and needles here...!!!!!SAY YESS to 3-245!!!!!!!!!

Cherry: You are gonna be one skinny cow!!! :woo:

Suggie: must go visit yer bloggette to catch up on the doings !!!!!!

We still haven't heard from the land guy... he had to get the land resurveyed and then has to submit them to the county... I wish he would hurry up so that we can buy something already! Today I am putting up my fall display of hay bales scarecrow goards and pumpkins! And begin on my home made Xmas gifts... I'm making a garden stepping stone with a dragon fly motiff for our landlordess... A memory box for her daughter.. and some needlepoints and "stained glass" sun catchers for my aunt and MIL... Sometime in between all that I will continue my job hunt..

Kiwonk
10-23-2006, 12:47 PM
.. has anybody seen that new show Ugly Betty? What a hoot it is !

I watched the first episode of Ugly Betty; it was wonderful. In our house even with the magic of Tivo, there are too many other things on at the same time, so I'm not getting to watch it anymore. Maybe I'll catch it in reruns. Isn't that awful---we watch way too much tv too.

Love your description of dh driving. Mine is such an old lady about driving too.

Well, I've got to go pick up my baby. Dog, that is. :lol: Talk at you all later.

Kiwi

Wabby
10-23-2006, 01:41 PM
Hi cowsies. I think I might be sick. It's been so long since I've had any ailments I'm not sure. I ache all over and behind my eyeballs aches. Or maybe I'm just a DAM woman.

Kiwi! your weekend sounds like soooo much fun. Like going to college again without the work..... road rage in the car, huh? DH and I get along surprisingly well on the road b/c he's almost always the driver. We occasionally may have words regarding my navigating, but only b/c he doesn't think in a logical way like I do. heeee. When I do drive he almost always has to give me input on which lane to stay in, which parking place to park in, etc... until I tell him that I manage allll the time without him, so just keep it to himself..... well, ok, I guess maybe we don't always get along....

Ugly Betty is such a good show. I love the darling little actress that plays the lead. I saw her on Oprah and she's anything but ugly. Word on the watching too much tv. When the days get shorter, we turn into couch taters.

Cherry, way to go gal, on fitting into your old jeans!!! :congrat: Exercising and eating right makes a difference? Who'da thunk it.

Schatzi, I'm thinking we should get election results by Nov. 10th maybe? Election day is the 7th, give a couple days for counting ballots if it's close, and hopefully we'll know by then.

We had a loverly anniversary day, just going out to dinner, but it was nice. Then on Sunday we had the kids, mates, grandbaby and Gpa Jim over for dinner. It was such a beautiful sunny day we figured it would be the last day for BBQ this year so we took advantage of it. Kayden is absolutely fascinated w/ Gpa Jim. I think she relates b/c they both have only 2 teeth. :dizzy:

Oooooh. I ache. Gotta go find some advil or something.

Wabby
10-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Doncha think it's time for a new thread? Follow me....