Old 10-03-2006, 01:57 PM   #1  

Question Can I do this??? Newbie here

Hi evereyone,I am new to 3FC and am considering joining LAWL. I made an appointment to go in tomorrow for a consultation.
I gotta tell you Im so nervous,I have tried so many plans before and keep losing this battle of the pounds.

My story in a long nutshell. I had lost 100 pounds myself approx 1 1/2 years ago when I had complications with gallbladder surgery and was forced to eat a totally different way. I kept the weight off for a while but still had more to lose. Then came fertility treatments which helped put back some weight. Then pregnancy wasnt happening, so we decided to adopt,went to China for our daughter came back and found out I was 2 1/2 months pregnant. Maintained weight during pregnancy which was a complete shocker,had my baby a whopping 11 pound baby girl,and had a huge fibroid removed at the same time, and then after being pregnant now Im gaining weight. My little one just turned 9 months old and I weigh what I did when i was 9 months pregnant with her. Having two little ones (2 yr old and a 9 month old)that eat and snack all day have led me to go back to my poor eating habits.

Sorry if that was all too much info,but Im really hoping that this plan can work for me. I have read some of your success stories and feel very optimistic that I can do this .

Any suggestions,advice on what I ask tomorrow at my consultation that can help me succeed right off the start.

Also ,do you have to purchase supplements ,etc,my budget is kind of limited right now with 2 kids,so Im hoping to do this on a budget

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks again
Marcy

currently weigh approx 225 and am 5'3
sewingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:11 PM   #2  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

First off--congratulations on your 2 babies--how exciting!!

Second--YES--you can do this program. It's ALL regular food (if that's what plan you choose) Many here do the Lites (LAWL "candy" bars) but many do not and are just as successful. Don't let the center convince you that you cannot be successful without the bars and supplements. I do both, but that's another matter. A lot of gals here can recommend alternative supplements but I'm not sure how much cheaper some are in the long run. I would say the bars are the most expensive part of LAWL and it's up to you whether to do them or not. If not then they will put you on a higher food plan. If you like sweets you may consider doing them. I personally like them. Be prepared for sticker shock but remember with LAWL is almost all up front--motivation for many to stick with it! If you want to do a "trial run" then when you set a goal weight set it higher than you really want--check out the program, then when you lose that original weight you can always buy more weeks later. Good luck! You will find that most of the gals here LOVE the program (maybe not the centers, pushy counselors, etc) but the program definitely works if you follow the plan. There are too many success stories right here on this site to believe otherwise.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:31 PM   #3  
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

Hello SewingMommy! LAWL is great! I just so happen to have a wonderful center with no pushy people! The cost is all up front but my center offers either a credit card (but I don't like the APR) and they also offer store payment plans at no interest! (6 or 12 mon. plan) , that's what I did! I also LOVE the bars. They curb my sweet tooth and are perfect for on the run snacks. So when I take the kids to the movies...I have my own candybar so to speak. If you want to lose 50 lbs. I would only sign up for 25 to make sure you like it....then sign up for the rest after you have met that goal. I do not buy the supplements, my center even told me to just go to walmart and buy womens 1 a day instead! LOL! None the less welcome, you won't find a better support group than here.
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 03:59 PM   #4  
FBD/8-18-08

Sewingmommy - WOW, what a blessing! Two babies!!! Congrats!
I've been on just about everything there is out there except for surgery and I've found this to be the most "normal" solution. You eat from all food categories (unless you think there is a category titled brownies!) and it's a healthy, healthy way of eating for LIFE! It's not a "just until I lose" plan. It teaches you how to eat smart, make informed eating decisions, plan your food including snacks, get healthy and lose weight. As you can see, I've lost almost 30# in 2 months. My dh is at the same spot.
I'd like to also tell you that we are a one income family with two teenage boys. We are on a VERY limited budget, so dh joined (without purchasing ANYTHING extra) and I'm "tailing" on his info. We do use the LAWL lite bars, but we also supplement them with Pria bars from Sams or Costco because they are soooo much cheaper. 30/$19 - We like the bars because as someone said, they satisfy our sweet tooth and I especially like them for their soy, which helps my monthly cycle tremendously! Unfortunately, eating healthy is expensive, but there are ways to cut costs. You'll be eating out a lot less. You'll be eating a lot less, and you'll be healthy.
The bottom line is - you're worth it! You owe it to your babies and to yourself. So, with all that said - YES, YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Let us know how it goes - we care.
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:38 PM   #5  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Pearl--so true about how expensive it is to eat healthy--I thought I'd croak after the first grocery trip. But--in hindsight--when I think about how much we spent eating out so much and all the little drive thru snacks I'd be willing to bet it all evens out in the end. My biggest expense NOW is all the new SMALLER clothes--an expense I am more than willing to lay out!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:54 PM   #6  
Katie

Height: 5'1

You bet it works! I started about where you are, and I am 5'1. I am now in 8's and 10's. Still trying to get the rest off, and I will. Good luck to you!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:32 PM   #7  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Sewingmommy,

Wow, congrats on the two babies. What a lucky lady.

When you go in you have to be prepared for the big sell. Make it clear that if they can't work within your budget you will walk out the door and join WW or some other company. Really, this makes buying a new car seem easy. Make up your mind to be strong. Wait until they throw some numbers at you, (they'll be huge), and then say "I can only afford about half that." They'll hem and haw and say they need to talk to their boss, but if you stand firm, (and buy the extras yourself, like vitamins etc.) you should be able to get them to lower the price.

Good luck.
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

I agree with all said...I also read these posts the nite before...So I had notes and everything.....went in prepared..I did feel deceived at first but love the program and truly love this forum ,,or I mean the peolple here..They all have a strong common goAL and are very supportive....
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Sewingmommy - How did the consultation go? Did you join?
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote