Support Groups - Shrinking Misfits - October - Newcomers R Welcome!!!

u2girl
10-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Well, last month was our first month and we started off G-R-E-A-T, but towards the end of the month, we lost a few and hoping to they find us again, plus a few more. :) So feel free to drop in at anytime and join us so they we can lose weight and reach our fitness goals together.

:carrot: :carrot:
October Challenge - RESOLVE
:carrot: :carrot:

Well, Elizabeth recommended that our next challenge be about Resolve. It can be easy to get started, but being consistent and seeing it through to the end can be the challenge. So, the challenge is that each person resolve to see their goals through this month. Remember, you don't have to be alone with this journey. Many of us live in households where we are the only one that has to/or chosing to lose weight and that can be tough. Definitely check in and let us know your ups and downs so we can help each other through.

Look forward to hearing the resolves and committments that we are making for ourselves. We are all worth it!

Angel33
10-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Hi Elycia,
Count me back in. I need the support and encouragement more than ever. I have really been struggling lately.
I have decided vacation is over. July, August and September have been one great big mess for me.

I'm all about seeing this through. Let's jump in and see it through October.
Good Luck Everyone!

jennie934
10-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Hi Ladies,
mind if I join in? My name is Jennie, and I have been at this for a loooong time. I'm just coming back to these forums because I have been stuck where I am going up a few down a few up a few down a few since I feel like almost last christmas. so I need to get it down for good.
Anyway, I started this effort almost 2 years ago. I wanted to be at my goal by my 30th birthday but that was last month so I wasn't there but I need to look at the bright side and realise I have lost 50 pounds, more than half of what I want to lose. I have met some of my smaller goals, I ran in a 10 K for the first time and did pretty well, a 10 minute mile. I just can't seem to get the scale to do down and stay motivated.
I have a 6 year old son so getting excersise in is some times a struggle. I have resorted to taking him to school early and going to the gym before work. we'll see how long that will work.
hmmm... let see what else???? I dont' know but I need some buddies and support and some place to hang here on the forums.
I hope to hear from you all soon.

galengail
10-02-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm still here! I'm weighing in tomorrow morning, so I've got my fingers crossed for a lower number on the scale. I've been doing pretty well. I feel good. Walking two miles is so easy for me now. My two pounds weights that I've been lifting feel like nothing when I do my lifting every other day. I probably need to stop by the store and pick up some five pounders to push myself a little more. Eating has been good. I don't feel as hungry as I did when I started this at the end of August. And, even though I've only lost a few pounds, my stomach feels a bit smaller today for some reason.

Aleecia, I hope you'll stick around and let us motivate you into shedding some of those pounds. I'm sure all you need is a bit of support and you'll be feeling much better about this adventure.

Hi Jennie! Welcome! Glad you decided to join us. Congrats on already losing so much weight! That's quite an accomplishment! The important thing is keeping it off, not necessarily losing it fast and hitting all your goals. I'm sure you'll be losing the last few within the coming months.

elizabeth28
10-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Hi, Elycia & Gale! Welcome, Aleecia & Jennie! :) Well, let’s take it ONE day at a time, ladies; it is only a matter of time until new habits become automatic, and we CAN afford to wait. My somewhat lofty goals for this month are to maintain my workout regimen, and eat nutritious, healthful meals at fixed intervals, without obsessing over calories or when & what my next meal will be. You get the picture. I think what’s neat about our challenge is that quitting is NOT an option, and while some days will be tougher than others, maintaining a positive/ realistic attitude and expecting obstacles to arise will help us stay in control & not make a dash for the fridge. (Well, that’s what happens to me, anyway…)

I look forward to everyone’s success this month!

Gale, best of luck with your weigh-in, tomorrow! Elycia, thanks so much for starting this thread!

Cheers!:carrot:

elizabeth

SAHMof1
10-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Count me in this month.. I need all the help and "Will Power Dust" I can get.. I am starting my new eating plan and exercise. Sunday was my first day on the plan. So we well see what will happen this month.. I would love to lose 4 lbs this month, but we'll see.

u2girl
10-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Hello Ladies:

So glad to see you guys checking in today.

Angel, good to see you and your motivation. That is wonderful. Stay positive and let us know what some of your goals are. That way, we can work alongside you to help you succeed. Again, good to see ya!

Jennie, so glad that you decided to join us. That is wonderful that you have lost 50 lbs! Definitely be proud of what you have accomplished. I can't wait until I have lost 50 lbs. That takes a huge amount of committment and focus to lose that kind of weight. You've already proved to yourself that you have the will power to do it, cling to that and keep checking in as often as you can and you will reach your goals. You are doing great! Keep up the good work. Looking forward to hearing more from you and how you lost those 50 lbs. :)

Hey there Gale. That is awesome that 2 miles is a breeze for ya. I love getting to those points where I see other types of improvements. For me, since I have been doing FIRMS, at first I could not do the tall box climbs, but now I can do them and that just feels so good and empowering. Definitely up those weights if those 2 pounders are feeling light. I started out with 3's and 5's. Now, I basically use 5's and 8's. I will be moving on to 12's soon. Anyways, good job on that and so glad to see ya.

Elizabeth, Thank YOU for getting us started with Resolve this month. Follow through is the only way to reach our goals and it can be so hard. Especially when we are always so busy and it is so much easier to skip that workout or eat something we know we shouldn't. Over the past 6-7 weeks, I have lost 20.5 lbs and one thing that I know for sure is that RESOLVE is extremely important. I have resolved in my mind that I am not going to let anything get in my way of staying on target and I think that is why I am losing consistently. It's not been easy, especially when the scale won't budge, but I just can't give up. Anyways, thanx for the wonderful idea and I look forward to hearing more about how you are doing with your goals this month. ;)

SAHM. Howya doing? You said that Sunday was your first day on the plan. Just curious, what plan are you following? Please tell us more about what your plans are. Here is some :dust: for ya. Look forward to hearing more about your plan and what you are doing to reach your weight loss goal this month.

My actual weight loss goal is kind of a stretch this month, but based on last month, it is attainable. I would like to lose 8 lbs this month. I have been able to lose pretty good so far and hoping to have the same success this month. My body can be so stubborn sometimes. I'll fight it tooth and nail though to reach my goal. :) It's funny, people say, "Wait on lifting Weights, it will affect your weight loss". I gotta tell you guys, my weight loss has sped up since I started lifting regularly. Weights are good for my body, plus I love it. Makes me feel strong and I love the look of a toned muscle. I just can't wait to get to goal.

Today, I did Firm Supercharged Sculpting. Basically all weights. It was a little difficult with all of the tall box work, but I got through it. I was so glad it was a fairly short workout, because I waited until I got off work to do it and I was already tired. Well, I will see you guys tomorrow. I am so glad that everyone has a strong RESOLVE to start this month off right. I hope to see you guys regularly. It's so much more fun to do this with friends. :)

Ciao!

Elycia

galengail
10-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Elizabeth, good luck with those goals you've set for yourself this month. I'm sure you'll have no trouble keeping them, and you'll be seeing the results of your resolve at the end of the month. As for me, I'm going to resolve to continue to plan out my meals before each week begins, drink at least 90 oz of water each day, and continue to walk at least two miles everyday.

SAHM, I'm sure you can lose four pounds this month. If you lose one pound each week, then you'll easily meet your goal. Just remember to stick to your eating plan and exercise as much as you can.

Elycia, good luck with your weight loss goal this month! You've been doing so well lately that I don't think eight pounds is a stretch. Two pounds a week, and you'll get it done. I'm hoping to lose the same amount this month, so hopefully we can both meet our goals.

I'm off to a good start this week. The scale was down 2.5 pounds this morning. I'm very happy with that since it exceeds my two pounds per week goal. I'm hoping to see the 230's soon. Since I have so much to lose, I decided to break down the pounds into sections. My initial mini-goal is 230. Once I meet that, my next goal will be 200. From there I'm going to aim for 180. Then, from 180 to 160. As long as the goal is no more than 20 or 30 pounds off, then I don't think I will get too overwhelmed. It's just when I look at that figure that is near 100 that I get a little worried that I might not make it. To be a healthy weight, I'd have to be below 150. However, if I get down to 160, then I don't think I'm going to fret over 10 pounds.

Angel33
10-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to check in really quick. This week is off to a bumpy start. I have been fighting a nasty cold for the past 4 days. I missed my workout yesterday and today. YIKES! That's actually the first time I have missed a workout since February. I am hoping to feel a little better tomorrow. Food has been pretty good as I don't have much of an appetite.
It figures, now that I'm finally ready to get back on track, I feel horrible.

galengail-I agree with you on setting mini goals. I set 10lb goals. I am working on my 4th one right now. I know what you mean about it seeming overwhelming at times. We can all do this, one step at a time. Good Luck!

Elycia-Great job on the workouts. What exactly is the FIRM? Is it a serious of tapes? I know I've heard you talk about them before. I'm almost ready to start something new, just to mix it up a bit.

SAHMof1-Here's your :dust: . I think you have set a very realistic goal for yourself.

elizabeth28-You are so right. Quitting is not an option. It took me a while to realize that, but now I know that this is something I will need to do for the rest of my life. NO QUITTERS!!!!!

jennie934-Great job at losing the 50 pounds. I feel your struggle about finding time to work out around kids. I have found that the only me time I have to exercise is at 5:00am. It's not easy, but right now thats where it fits in right now.

Nice to meet all of you ladies and it feels good to be part of this group.
I need all the support and motivation I can get.

SAHMof1
10-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Elycia-- I am doing LA Weight Loss. I signed up over the weekend and started on Sunday. At first I was worried about not having enough to eat but believe me its plenty of food. I am also doing a walking video as well as TRYING to do Turbo Jam.. Not very coordinated so I look like a fish outta water flopping around.. :cb:

jennie934
10-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Hey Gals
thanks for the warm welcome. I am a weight watcher. I have been one for a while. I just this week switched from Flex to core because I was eating to much junk on flex and letting it slide. we'll see how I do this week on core. some times I switch programs just to get a kick in the butt....
I got in a short run, only about 3 miles but I had to squeeze it in while my son went to eat pizza with some friends. and that work on two tough areas, I missed the pizza tempation and worked out. I think trying to not eat my sons food is one of the hardest parts of dieting with kids. he eats pretty healthy but I always want to finish his plate after I have finished mine. not a good idea.
Thanks again for letting me join in.
Jennie

elizabeth28
10-03-2006, 10:21 PM
Good evening, lovely ladies!

Elycia, I couldn’t agree with you more about the benefits of weight-lifting. A friend of mine convinced me of taking a Body Pump class with her, a little less than two months ago, and I’ve been hooked ever since; plus, the results can be very motivating. And to think I used to be averse to the mere concept of lifting, period… Things can change. I dare say that weight-loss is only a side effect of what most of us are after in this forum— essentially better health, and a healthy attitude towards eating. In any case, I truly think you’re all doing an awesome job sticking to your goals and I’m truly proud to be part of your group.

Gale & Aleecia, I read somewhere that “those who are certain of the outcome can afford to wait without anxiety and with infinite patience”, and (notwithstanding the fact that I’m obsessed with quotes :p ) I find the message to be quite reassuring and inspirational.

Jennie (WOW- 50 lbs gone!!) & Sahm (I couldn’t find the ‘will power dust’ but here is a dancing/delirious carrot for you…:carrot: ) keep us all posted on your progress… :hug:

Today wasn’t easy for me, but rest assured that I survived intact. I stuck to my meal plan (though I didn’t eat at fixed intervals) and got 60 minutes of dreaded cardio out of the way. I’ll check back in tomorrow.:)

Cheers!

elizabeth

u2girl
10-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Hello everyone:

It's great to see you guys today. I tell ya, today was a whirlwind day. Work, then shopping, then cooking, then bathing. It all seems like a blur, but I got it all taken care of and I still got my workout in for today. :) Today was just an ab workout about 30 minutes. It was tough. I can't wait until I can actually see my abs. I plan to one day.

Angel, yep, FIRM is a series. It combines weights and aerobics. I have been doing FIRM off and on for years. They promise visible results in 10 workouts. I never truly put it to the test until recently and it is true. I can definitely tell changes in 10 workouts. I am going to stick with it for as long as I can until I get bored I guess. But I have a huge variety of FIRMS, so I should be able to stick with it for awhile. I am so glad to see you here again and you sound like you are ready to lose. Hang on to that! You said that you haven't missed a workout since February? Wow, that is amazing! What workouts are you doing? That is commendable!

Gale, that is wonderful that the scale was down this morning. Woohoo! That is fantastic! Such a wondeful feeling when that happens. You are definitely on your way and you should be very proud. Like you, I am trying to lose my weight in chunks. I call it Mini-Goals, which are every 5% weight that I lose, I reward myself. As of my last weigh in, I am only 4.5 lbs away from my 2nd 5% goal. I think that breaking it down that way is a wonderful idea. Keep up the good work and strong resolve Gale.

SAHM, please let us know how LA Weightloss works for you. I always see the commericals on TV and amazed at the amount of weight loss and the before and after pics. Maybe we will see you on one of their commercials soon. You think. ;) Turbo Jam is pretty darn fun I hear, but like you said it does require some coordination. I have 1 of them, but still have never gotten around to doing it. Great to see ya!

Elizabeth, I am glad that you agree about the benefits of weight lifting. Alot of women really think that it will make them look like Schwarzenegger or something. That is so unlikely to happen. I mean, we lose muscle as we age and if we don't lift, it will just continue to lessen. Isn't Body Pump great! I love those types of classes. I haven't been to a gym in forever, but I do remember taking Body Pump classes in the past and they were fun, but tough. I love challenging myself though. Don't worry, it will become easier and more second nature as time goes on. Just stick with it. You will be so glad you did. I am glad that you are here and decided to join our group. Your motivation is contagious. :)

Jennie, howya doing? Good to see ya. I hear that alot of people switch between the two plans. The way I see it, as long as you are sticking to something that works for ya, that is what matters most. 3 mile run?? Boy, I don't think the day will ever come when I can run. You must be in great shape to run that distance. I see that you snuck another pound in there. :) 51 lbs!!! That is wonderful. Keep up the good work!

Well, I really better go. I will check in with you guys tomorrow. Keep that resolve!!!

Elycia

bluesparkie
10-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Hi Ladies, I was a bit of a lurker on the old thread but I figured with the new month and the new Resolve Challenge that I couldn't stay away, especially since I really need to work on my resolve to keep on my exercise program. I was doing really well and then let things get in the way. Well, I had a legitimate excuse to begin with (minor injuries and whiplash from a car accident), but then I just got lazy. It's easy for me to make excuses since I'm busy (no busier than most, I'm sure) being a full time grad student and also paying my way through school but I can't let them fly anymore if I want to reach my goals.

Anyways, you all seem like a supportive bunch... you almost have me sold on weightlifting and I really like how often people check in on this thread. Sometimes it's nice to know that other people are dealing with the same things as me since I'm pretty much in this weightloss journey on my own.

Angel33
10-04-2006, 08:23 AM
Good Morning Ladies.
Sounds like everyone had a pretty good day yesterday. I am glad to say that I am starting to feel better today and I did manage to drag myself up at 5:00am for my workout. I guess I never really noticed how much better I feel when I start my day off with a work out.

Welcome bluesparkie, glad to have you here with us.

Elycia-I do several different workouts. I love WATP but I also have one of the Kathy Smith serious (12 workouts in one) and I also like the Biggest Loser workout. I try to switch them up so that I don't get bored and quit. So far I have been doing pretty good.

Elizabeth-Great quote. Thanks for sharing.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Gotta run, will check in a little later.

SAHMof1
10-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Elycia-- Oh yeah Turbo Jam is alot of fun, just takes alot of patience and coordination.. My little one looks at me like I have gone bonkers..LOL

BlueSparkie--- We're glad to have ya here.. It does take alot to stop making excuses, but the first step is realizing that you do need to change.. You are on the right path and the ladies here are wonderful. This is a very supportative group.

Gale-- Congrats on the 2.5 lbs.. its a move in the right direction.

I have a feeling this week and next week I will not do too good.. TOM is here and I already feel it. Plus my little one has not been sleeping too well, he is teething, therefore I have tried to adjust my sleeping schedule to his and its just not working to well. Here lately it seems like I sleep most of my weekend away, since thats usually when I get a break. So its not going to be a good week.

elizabeth28
10-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Hi, ladies!!

I hope the day is going well for all of you—if not, so be it, you’ll live.
Sahm… don’t listen to anything TOM has to "say", focus on what you need instead. Above all, don’t worry about being perfect; if you’ve already decided this is going to be a tough two-week period, well then make the best of it. Just concentrate on making small changes and let it be a teeny step forward as opposed to a huge stumbling block. Then come back here and tell us how you did it. :carrot:

Yay, Elycia, my fellow Body Pump enthusiast!! I must confess that I’ve been deliberately avoiding the scale for fear of mistaking muscle for fat… Blah. Come to think of it, I’d much rather judge my progress by how my clothes fit and whether or not I can see my abs. (I can’t see them either, by the way. There’s a stubborn, thick layer of absolute fat hovering over them. :o )

Aleecia, if it makes you feel any better, I'm going to have to drag myself out of bed tomorrow morning at 4:30 just to barely make it to my Body Pump class on time...

Welcome, Bluesparkie!!! Grad school is my goal for next year-- I can't wait. What are you studying, if I may ask?

Cheers to all!!:)

elizabeth

u2girl
10-05-2006, 12:05 AM
Hey there! Hope that everyone had a great day. My day was another busy one. I tell ya, the day is over before I know it. I keep ending up getting my workout in 9:00 at night. I hate that, but I guess better late than never. Tonight I did Express Total Body Shaping. It was okay, not my favorite. I have been wearing my new HRM which is nice. It counts calories, time and keeps a record of what I do. It's a nice little incentive toy. Each 5% goal that I reach is a new little gadget or thing for myself. I am real close to reaching my 2nd 5% and I plan to buy myself a new pair of crosstrainers.

It's so good to see you guys today. Hi Bluesparkle. Glad to see you come out of lurkdom to join us. :) I certainly understand things gettting in the way, but you've made a very positive step by joining our checkin. It can be a real encouraging place. Definitely lift those weights. :lifter: The way I see it, I don't want to lose weight and have the same shape, essentially a smaller version of my fat self. I want to redefine my shape and look strong and toned when I get to goal. I look foward to hearing more from you and about your goals. :welcome2:

Hi Angel. Allright! You are rockin'. 5:00 a.m. Now that's motivation! :high: You know, I think the morning is the best time to workout. For one, like you said, it makes you feel better the rest of the day because that is time that you are investing in yourself and it boosts endorphins. Secondly, if you do it first thing in the morning, its out of the way. You don't have to worry about being tired later or forgetting about your workout. Great job! You know, I am so happy to see that you are a workout at home person. There are alot of people that feel that in order to get a true workout, you have to go to a gym or workout outside, but I tell ya, I have gotten great results currently and in the past working out at home and I LOVE IT! I don't have to worry about when I workout or how I look. It's great!

SAHM, I completely agree with Elizabeth. TOM can be a tough time, but you've got to try your very best not to succumb to the temptations or let the hardships get to you. Lord knows when I first got started, it was soooo hard. I actually got a awful headaches 3 or 4 days in a row. I think it was some type of withdrawal from pop or something, but it was terrible. But I said to myself "I am not going to mess up" and you know what, I didn't. Then there were the days where I felt like I was working soooo hard and then I'd get on the scale and it wouldn't budge. It actually went up! I was so upset and so tempted to go and eat something just to make myself feel better, but something inside me said that I couldn't and I didn't. Long and short of it is, you have got to try to wrap your mind around the whole concept of losing weight and all that it entails. It is going to take alot of committment and alot of work, but remember you are worth it and your body will thank you for doing it. Just do the best you can and check in for support anytime you like. That's what we are here for. :)

Hey there Elizabeth. So good to see ya. I know what you are talking about with the muscle thing. That is probably what was happening at the beginning when I couldn't get out of the 240's. Very frustrating times. Now I'm trying to get out of the 230's. :dizzy: So 4:30 a.m, eh. Again, that is some real committment. Tell us how you enjoyed that class. Sounds fun!

Well, I really better get going. I will see you guys tomorrow.

Ciao!

Elycia

galengail
10-05-2006, 10:42 AM
Aleecia - I hope you're feeling better and are able to get back to your workouts. I always feel like I'm slipping up when I miss regularly scheduled exercise.

SAHMof1 - Don't worry, I'd probably look like a flopping fish if I tried to do Turbo Jam, too. The walking videos are quite easy though. I've done a couple of them, and it's nice to be able to follow a video easily from the first time. As for this coming week, I hope you're able to pull through with eating healthy. Sometimes I find it so hard to exercise (or do anything) when its TOM. I figured if I just keep eating how I should during that time, then I can at least maintain what I've lost. And, I hope your little one isn't feeling too bad!

Jennie - A three mile run is amazing! Good job for fitting it in when you find time. I admire all of you with kids. I can't imagine how hard this would be if I had kids to take care of as well.

Elycia - Your idea to lose your weight in percentages is great! I think the reason why I've never seriously tried to lose weight before is because I was too overwhelmed with how much I would have to lose. Then, when I really started to look at the numbers and break things down, I thought that this might just be do-able.

bluesparkie - Hi! Welcome! Glad to hear that you've decided to lurk no longer. I think the more of us here to talk to and motivate each other, then the better off we all are. And, hopefully this time next year we will all still be here and be much closer to our goals, if not at them.

Elizabeth - 4:30 am? Sheesh. You're braver than me. I'd cry if I had to get up that early. I'd mysteriously miss each morning workout that I had scheduled. I'm one of those people that likes to exercise after work. On the weekends, I'll usually do it around noon or so since I don't have to be anywhere.

I was flipping channels last night before I went to bed, and I happened upon a show about severely overweight teens. I felt so bad for the 17 year old boy they were following through the show. He was over 400 pounds and he seemed so miserable and unhappy. My brothers are a few years younger than me, and they've been overweight since they were teenagers as well. They never tell me about how hard it is, but I know that they had trouble in high school. All they do now is sit in my parents' house and play video games. They hate going out in public because they're so big; I would say at least 380, if not 400. I want to lose some weight so I can motivate them to start losing as well. I don't want them to end up having health problems because they never tried to eat healthy. My mother is no help because she buys them whatever food they want. I'm going home for Thanksgiving, so I want to have at least 20 to 25 pound gone from my starting weight so it is noticable. I want them to know that it can be done if they just commit to it.

Angel33
10-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Morning Girls,

Only got a second this morning. Its crazy busy at work this morning.
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thursday:carrot:

Another 5:00 am workout complete this morning. I almost feel a 100%. I think one more day and I can kick this cold.

Gale-I watched that same program last night. It was really sad. Did you see the end? He went from 406lbs down to 180lbs via gastric bypass surgery.
I hope you can help motivate your brothers too. Just know that you can't force people to lose weight. I think we all know that. I would just keep working on yourself and maybe that will be motivation enough for them to want and change. Good Luck.

Well I gotta run for now, I will try to check in a little later.

u2girl
10-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Hello everyone:

Just popping in real quick. I am eating a BBQ chicken pizza on a Boboli and it is soooo good. I am trying to eat more chicken and trying of think of different ways to incorporate it.

I got on the scale this morning and I am at a bit of a standstill. Still just sitting at 230. I am hoping that I move on. I wanted so badly to see 229 this morning, but alas, still sitting there. I notice something. It seems like every 10 lbs is a hurdle. It's as if my body is holding on and doesn't want me to get out of that weight range. Man, it fought me tooth and nail to get out of the 240's and now it's happening again. Hopefully by next week I can see a 220 number. :)

Angel, I am glad that you took a second to check in. Great job on getting that workout in, in spite of not feeling well. Allright Angel!

Gale, I didn't catch that show. Was that the Tyra show? My mother told me that she had a show recently about overweight kids and she helped them out. I don't really watch her show but the times that I have watched it, I thought that she really does try to help her guests. Some of those shows end without any resolution. Just seems like they are just putting the guests dirty laundry in the street more than anything. Well, my girls are my real motivation for making changes in my diet and weight. If I can at all help it, I don't want them to have to deal with weight issues because of a poor diet and inactivity.

Well, I better run. I have sooooooooooo much packing to do and I still have to workout. I am going to try hard to get it in before 9:00 like I have been. I don't have to work tomorrow, so perhaps I can get more done tomorrow.

Ciao!

Elycia

sapphire35
10-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Whats up Elycia, How are a you? I hope you ladies don't mind if I join you. I have been doing this since August and last month i started going backwards. :mad: So I need someone to Kick me again. Elycia thats were you come in. :carrot: I have to get my workouts back up to at 4 days a week and more if i can. My H has been working 12 hour shifts and i normally go to the gym. It is becoming a daycare issue lately with the baby. Elycia i may just have to start working out at home. And you know I hate that. :(

u2girl
10-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Hey Trish! Good to see ya. Girl, you know you can drop in any time you feel like it. Aww, man, sorry to hear that you are going backwards. Nobody wants that. Yeah, if your hubby is working 12 hour shifts, your only way to get workouts in is to either workout at home or pop baby in the stroller and go for a walk. We will have to talk and maybe we can make out a rotation for you. Just 1 week at a time. I love rotations because I know that it is something that I have scheduled to do and so I try my best to stick with it. Let me know what home workouts you have and I probably type one up for ya here.

No matter what, don't give up! I know that you really want this and while it is going to be some hard work, it will be worth it. So far, I have lost 20 lbs and while I am nowhere near my goal, it feels so good to know that I have lost it and that I worked for it. What is your motivation? My motivation is my little girls. I can't bear the thought of them seeing me stuff my face with fattening stuff all of the time and I certainly don't them eating it. So my daughters along with the fact that I just want to look better keep me on track. I know I will reach my health and fitness goals and if you wrap your mind around the idea of losing weight, you will too.

Again, drop in anytime and you can call me anytime. We don't have to be alone to lose this weight.

Well, ladies, I am going to get to cleaning and packing. I will see you guys tomorrow.

Elycia

Angel33
10-06-2006, 08:21 AM
:cb: HAPPY FRIDAY GIRLS:cb:

Can you tell I'm ready for a long weekend.

Hope everyone is doing well. I think overall I am pretty pleased with how this week has gone so far. I feel like I'm back on track again. It feels great. I'm actually excited about this again. Now if the scale would start moving I would be even happier.

Anyone have any great plans for the weekend? I am trying to get my house in order for a big Halloween bash that we are having. We have one every year for my husbands birthday. This year we decided to make it a theme party. We have chosen to do a Toga party. Should be lots of fun. I have a lot of cleaning to do though.

Trish-Glad you joined us! I am really enjoying everyone here in this group. Everyone has been very supportive. Good Luck to you!

galengail
10-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Elycia - No, the program I was watching wasn't Tyra. It was a program on Discovery Health, I think. They were talking about the epidemic of obsese teenagers in the US. When I was a teen, I felt like I was the only one who was significantly overweight (not just 20 pounds). Apparently, that's not true. They're saying that millions of teens are overweight and in a few years could be a serious risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, etc. They followed a seventeen-year-old boy through a weight reduction surgery. He had a bit of trouble adjusting to the new lifestyle at first. He wouldn't take the vitamins he was given. He ate things that weren't so great for him, as well. However, by the end, he had lost over half of his body weight. About 60 or 70 pounds into it, they showed him walking down the street, and he was so happy to be able to walk without so much effort or discomfort. Apparently, his entire family was overweight. His mother had had surgery as well. His sister actually went the old fashioned way and watched her calories, ate smaller portions, and exercised.

Hi Trish! I can't imagine how difficult it is to deal with those 12 hour shifts. That's a long time to work. I always thought that a gym with a small daycare within would make loads of money. There are so many people out there that would like to go to the gym, but can't because they have children to care for.

Aleecia - The Halloween party sounds like fun! I'm not doing anything incredibly exciting this weekend. I'll probably spend most of my time walking and reading on my balcony. I like low-key weekends because I'd rather sleep in and relax that run around and do things. Plus, I love taking mid-morning walks because the air is still a bit crisp.

I almost took the day off work, but I have a few lingering issues here in the office, and I didn't want to let them sit around for the weekend. I've been up late the last two nights, so I'm beat.

Has anyone tried those sushi avacado rolls? I don't eat fish, so I've never had sushi before, but the whole foods markets (and some of the larger chains) have started to offer pre-packed trays of sushi. The avacado rolls have avacado wrapped in sticky rice and seaweed paper. I got some yesterday to snack on. They're only about 40 calories each, which isn't bad because I can never eat more than four at a time.

bluesparkie
10-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Happy Friday, Ladies! And thank you all so much for your welcomes and encouragement. I'm so relieved that this week is over, it's been an especially long one for me. I have a really hard time saying no to other people and so I tend to overcommit myself and then end up with no time to do the things that I care about. However, this weekend that is only partially true since I said no to everyone who wanted my time tomorrow so that I can go into Boston to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I'm so excited, it's going to be a super time and I get to spend time with my friends that I never get to see. After that, I have to be responsible and do work for school and take care of a bunch of errands, but tomorrow is MINE.

SAHM: I hope that your week ended up better and that you managed to get some good rest, even with TOM and teething (sounds like a tough combo).

Elizabeth: I'm working on getting my PhD in school psychology, only 17 million more years to go. Well, it certainly feels like that at least.

Elycia: Thanks for the weight lifting encouragement. Your Boboli pizza sounded so good that you seriously made me want to go make my own BBQ chicken pizza...

Aleecia: your toga party souds like a really fun time, I haven't been to one since I was in college but we always had a rocking good time.

Gale: I loove avocado rolls, but i really do enjoy sushi in (almost) any way that it comes. I'm a wierd one, I'll eat the bbq eel but not the tuna sashimi. It's awesome when you have a cold and can eat loads of wasabi to clean out your sinuses.

OK, that's all from me for now, I'm going to get back to work and make my way through the rest of the day so that I can have fun tomorrow. YAY!

elizabeth28
10-06-2006, 06:04 PM
HI, everyone!! I'm REALLY pressed for time right now, so this will be an ubber quick post! I just want to wish you all an awesome weekend!! (Welcome, Trish!)

I'll post again on Sunday...:)

cheers & stay tough!!

SAHMof1
10-06-2006, 11:35 PM
Hey ladies.. Hope you all are having a great weekend. This week went by pretty fast, even though its TOM and teething in this house. I have done really well. I am staying on plan and still working out. Dh has even stepped up to the plate to committed to doing this with me.

Gail-- I have seen that program and yes it is sad for a teenager to have to go through that. Its amazing what a problem obesity has become for our youth. I just hope that doctors aren't doing bad by following through with the bypass at such a young age.. Can a teenager really wrap their mind around the idea of such a drastic life change?

I hope this weekend finds you all losing and sticking to your goals..

u2girl
10-07-2006, 12:01 AM
Hi ladies:

Just popping in real quick. Another crazy day in our house. Whew! I tell ya, this move is going to be here before I know it and I still have so much work to do.

I was thinking, since this month's focus is resolve, why don't we do a 7 day challenge? About 1 month ago, I joined a seven day challenge and I thought that it was great! Basically, I challenged myself to do 3 things over the next seven days. Each day, I would check in and if I did good, that was great, but if I didn't my 7 days would have to start all over again. It really kept me accountable because 1) I didn't want to check in that I failed and 2) I didn't want to start all over again. What do you guys think of that? You guys game?

Okay, it doesn't have to be any specific number of items, but hopefully at least 2 things that you will try your best to stick to DAILY for at least 7 days. Okay, my things will be:

- drink at least 1 liter of water everyday (man, that can be a toughie)
- not miss a single day of my exercise rotation
- eat at least 3 apples per day.

Okay, those are my challenges for the next 7 days. I think I will get started on Monday because I have to go buy some apples. I hope that you guys will join me.

Well, I better get going. See you guys tomorrow. I am so glad to see everyone here trying hard. That is so encouraging. :)

Elycia

jennie934
10-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Hey Ladies,
man, I have had a rough couple of days. work has been nonstop, food has been OK, not good but not bad, I havn't had time to excersis, and my son has been having some discipline issues that have been pushing me to the edge. plus I thnk a lot of this had been intesified by PMS. not sure but I hope things aren't really as bad as they seem. I feel like I am about to lose my mind. I need to get a run in but I can't leave my son with my parents until I feel the behavior issues have been addressed. urghhhh....

Elycia, I like the idea of the challenge, so my 7 day challenge will be:
Plan my meals, not excuses for junk food that way
excersise 4 of the 7 days

Gail, I hope you can help to motivate your brothers. I didn't see that program but I was over weight as a teen and I know how hard it was.

Aleecia, have a fun haloween party, I love dressing up!

Blue sparkle, the rocky horror picture show sounds fun I used to watch that in high school. I'm glad lyou made time for your self to do the time warp!

hi to everyone else, I hope eveyone had a great weekend.
ttyl
Jennie

SAHMof1
10-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Hey Chickies.. Not alot new here.. I have been sticking to my eating plan, until tonight, I broke down and had to have some frozen yogurt. Which is not too bad, but if I don't give into the craving I will binge. I do know that much about myself. I have managed to get my workout in for the past few days. I really got a good motivational kick today.. Dh was taking pics of our little one and I am in a few of them. You really don't realize how big you are until you see the pics. So now I have one taped to the front of the fridge as a reminder.

Talk to you guys tomorrow..

elizabeth28
10-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Well, lovely ladies, the scale hath budged… upwards. (What’s happening!!??:mad: ) Could it be water retention, or just the mere fact that I spent most of September binging on absolute crap? <Sigh>

So, you see Sahm, I CAN empathize; it's like we're fighting a demon that's either sugar-laden or fat-laden, or both, depending on one's craving... (It's a stupid, stupid metaphor, but you get the point.)

So, I’m all for the challenge Elycia, and my goals are as follows: i) avoid the scale ii) eat moderate portions of nutritious food every 3-4 hours iii) exercise 30-60 minutes per day….

Anyway-- I’ll post again later this evening when I’m feeling less self-centered and annoyed. Thank you all for being here.

u2girl
10-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Hello everyone:

Just checking in real quick. Gosh Elizabeth, I am so sorry about that scale. I cannot tell you how many times that darn thing has soured my mood and almost sent me into a binge. It just makes no sense sometimes. I can work my butt off only for the scale to stay still or go up, but then one day when I eat off of plan or don't work out and magically, it goes down. All I can say is don't let it get you too down. You are doing good things for your body and sometimes I swear the body is testing you out to see if you are really committed. Try your best to keep your eyes focused and the scale will budge in the right direction real soon. Great job on checkin in and not givin in. :cp:

SAHM, howya doing lady? :) That is so true. The camera does not lie. I really have been staying out of pictures lately because I really don't want it on film how big I am. The sad part of it though is I have no real pics holding my babies at this tender age. It is a real shame. Maybe one of my goals will be to take a few pics of myself holding my babies. It's great that you are learning about yourself. The plan that you are following doesn't allow for a bit of frozen yogurt? Well, certainly don't beat yourself up about it. You know what you can handle. It was very good that YOU took control and decided I am going to have a small amount to satisfy the craving and that is it. Good job! Awesome!

Jennie, great to see ya! I thought about you the other day and wondering how you were. Sounds like you have some trying times on your hands right now. I'm very sorry to hear that. My sister gave my mother and all of us actually a hard time when she was younger, so I know how tough it can be. So glad that you took a moment away to let us know that you are okay and still trying the best you can. That is wonderful! I love your challenges. I'm sure you are going to do great!

Well, today was pretty much a "nothin much" day. I still have alot of packing and cleaning to do. We are down to just a few weekends before the move and I can't wait.

Hey, I was wondering, do we have any LOST fans here? I just absolutely LOVE that show and have been anticipating the new season for months. If so, we will have to gab about it. Just so we are all clear, we can talk about anything here, not just weight loss. That way, we can really become connected on different levels and help each other. What are some of your other interests? Love to hear. I will post more about me later, but I really need to finish up dinner.

:wave: Gail, bluesparkle, angel, trish. Hope to see you guys real soon!

Ciao Ladies!

Elycia

bluesparkie
10-08-2006, 11:45 PM
Hi Ladies, I hope that you all had good weekends. I get tomorrow off, too so I'm not quite finished with mine yet (yay!). I had a blast last night at Rocky Horror and it was really good to see my friends and spend time with them, I'll definitely be returning sometime soon. The only downside is that we didn't get home until 5 this morning, and I couldn't sleep past 10 so I'm kinda sleepy. Good thing I've still got tomorrow to catch up on sleep! I think that the idea of a seven day challenge is excellent, and will hopefully help me to stay on track. My goals are to drink 1.5 liters of water a day, to do some kind of cardio every day, and to weight train for at least three out of the seven days.

SAHM, I'm glad that your weekend went well and that your dh is supporting you, sometimes just knowing that someone's there for you can really help. I totally hear you about listening to your cravings. Sometimes even a quarter cup of frozen yogurt can keep the crave-monsters away from me.

Hi Jennie, I hope that things with your son get better and that you can find some time for yourself to get some exercise in.

Elizabeth, I'm sorry that the scale isn't moving in the right direction, but don't let it get the best of you! You're still doing really good things for your body and your health, even if the scale is too stupid to notice.

Elycia, I never got really in to Lost even though I do watch more television than I probably should. I really enjoy the original CSI and the Office, although the tv is usually on since the noise helps me to get my schoolwork done. Sadly, I've been too busy for hobbies lately since I'm going to school full time in addition to having two full time assistantships to help fund school and two part time jobs since my assistantship pay isn't really a living wage. When I do have the time, I really enjoy crafting. I sew, decoupage, glue shiny things to one another, and make jewelry. I also really like embroidery, especially things you wouldn't expect to be made with such a traditional art. My two best projects are probably an adorable Smurf purse and a vibrator cosy that I made as an engagement present for a friend :o . OK, I'm sure that's probably more than any of you cared to know about my hobbies and interests but there it is, have a good night, I'll check in on my goals tomorrow.

galengail
10-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Great challenge idea, Elycia! I think I'm going to try to do these:

1) Drink at least 100 oz of water each day. This is especially difficult for me on the weekends since I get up so late and forget to start drinking.
2) No getting treats at the gas station or grocery store that are no planned into my menu already.

I got a little bad about the snacks this past week. I would eat a little of this and a little of that thinking that it wouldn't hurt. Just one more piece of candy won't do anything, right? Wrong. I need to stop that.

Elizabeth - Don't let that scale discourage you! If it was between 1 to 3 pounds, then it could very well be water retention. I've weight myself on Monday, then been up three pounds on Tuesday, then down five pounds on Saturday. It's crazy how much our weight fluctuates each day. I hope you're feeling better and you're still sticking with your plan.

bluesparkie - I *love* RHPS, but I've never been to see it in the theater. I've heard that it is an absolute blast. :-) Glad to hear that you had so much fun.

I hope everyone is doing well in the weight loss mission!

jennie934
10-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Hi everyone, Just a quick check in. Happy Monday and columbus day! and those of you that have it off, I hope you are enjoying yourself.
I'm at work. no day off here :( I have worked things out with my son, we now have a much more defined discipline code(rule, rewards, punishments the whole thing) layed out and so far so good. I did get my period so some of the crazyness of the weekend could be a hormonal. I also got a nice run in on sunday with my sister. that is good in two ways, we work out and we get time to talk.
The challenge is going well. I planned my lunches and pack things in lunch size containers. so I can just take them and go. no excuses. I'm going to try and get a work out in today after work.
Hope everyones week is going well.
ttyl
Jennie

u2girl
10-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Gosh guys, I am really stinking with my challenge so far, but that is okay, I still plan to do it. Even if I have to eat 3 apples in a row, I am going to do it. ;) Jennie, Gale, Bluesparkle, so glad you decided to do the 7 day challenge with me. Let's give it our all. :carrot: Elizabeth, I hope that you are feeling better today. Let us know how you are feeling. Angel and SAHM, hope all is well for you ladies as well.

Okay, the way that I did it before and it worked well for me is to update my post each day with how I did, so here goes:

Day 1 - Today was a success. Yay!

Day 2 - Did okay.

Day 3 - Have to start over. Yuck!

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7

Just so I am accountable, these are my workouts/rest days scheduled for the next 7 days.

Monday - Jiggle Free Buns (Don't laugh! :))
Tuesday - Ultimate Calorie Blaster
Wednesday - Jiggle Free Arms
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Super Body Sculpt
Saturday - Fat Blasting Cardio
Sunday - Cardio Split

By the end of this evening, I will update how today went. I am going to have to get my workout in when I get home this evening, so I will just be fitting everything in. See you ladies this evening.

SAHMof1
10-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Elizabeth-- Girl I’m sorry about the scale. I know how frustrating it can be. I know all to well about the ugly two headed green demon lol :devil: I am sure if you put your mind to it you can stick to your personal challenge.

Elycia-- My plan does allow for me to have frozen yogurt but not for the Resses’ pieces I put on it. ;)

Jennie-- Glad you got things worked out with your son. Hopefully that will relieve some stress for you. We all know stress causes binges and overeating for comfort.

Gail--I have found that if I break down the ounces of water its easier to get it all in.. 64oz a day is a minimum for me.. I usually try to have 24 oz between 7 a.m. and Noon, then another 24 between Noon and 4 p.m., and the last 16 oz before 8 p.m. I know I average way more than that, but its just an example.

Bluesparkie-- RHPS was a favorite of mine. In high school and college a big group of us use to dress up as the characters for Halloween. I miss those days.

So as far as I go today.. The weather here is rainy. So I went to the mall to get my walk in. Dh had a four day this weekend so we really tried to spend some time together, but life goes back to normal tomorrow. I am doing good on the LA plan. I am feeling better about myself all around and that’s the most important part.

My challenge for this week is to get up out of the bed and be active before 9 a.m.

I will post more about myself later on tonight as things start to calm down around here.

Take care ladies.. Hope it was a HAPPY MONDAY!! :carrot:

bluesparkie
10-09-2006, 11:58 PM
OK, I'm checking in for our seven day challenge. Hopefully it will keep me motivated to stick to getting in some exercise every day. Funny that drinking lots of water should be the easiest thing to do yet one of the things that I have a hard time sticking to.

Day 1: 40 Minutes of cardio and 2 liters of water, yay!
Day 2:
Day 3:
Day 4:
Day 5:
Day 6:
Day 7:

elizabeth28
10-10-2006, 02:07 AM
Good evening, lovely ladies!!

Thank you all for being so sweet & supportive. :) Sahm, yesterday was really bad-- there were two-headed green demons everywhere!!:devil: :devil: :devil: (Really.) Anyway, I'm feeling slightly better today; still bloated but nonetheless, alive and well.

Gale, I tend to overload on snacks, too, so I think I'll add that to my to-not-do list this week. By the way, the sole thing that helps me forget about candy is drinking hot-chocolate made with fat-free milk, Dutch processed cocoa and splenda. It's incredibly soothing, divine, and good for you. :cool:

Yay, Elycia for having a successful 1st day!! :hug: (haha!.."Jiggle Free Buns" Seriously-- who came up with this stuff?)

Wow, Bluesparkie, a Phd in School Psychology! How neat! And only 17 million yrs to go!... I hope to get my Phd in Political Science, in the very, very distant future. I'm literally light years away from my academic goals. Besides, having a snack seems like a much more viable option, you know? (:devil: aarghh... there it is again!!)

I guess now would be a good time for me to share with all of you that I'm hopelessly immature... I also enjoy playing the piano, drawing, and renting really good movies.

Jennie, Trish & Aleecia I hope you're all doing well. If I've left someone out, or mentioned someone twice, it's because I've suffered brain damage from all the sugar I consumed last night. Let's hope it's temporary.

Day 1: 60 minutes of cardio, shunned the scale
Day 2:
Day 3:
Day 4:
Day 5:
Day 6:
Day 7:

cheers:)

Angel33
10-10-2006, 08:21 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I'm back from my long weekend. It was great! Spent the whole time with hubby and 2.5 year old daughter. We had a blast together. Usually we're ready to kill each other after a day or two, but this weekend was different. I really did enjoy myself.

I just wanted to check in and say hi. I need to go back and catch up on all of the posts so I'll check back in a little later.

TTYL

Leec

galengail
10-10-2006, 10:34 AM
Jennie - I had to work on Monday as well. There were only three people in my office and I was stuck here because I was the only one with the key and the alarm code to lock up at five o'clock. Anyway, it's good to hear that you and your son have talked and come to an understanding about the rules.

SAHM - I do the same thing with water, too! Great minds think alike. :-) I do great when I'm at work. I have a 24 oz glass. I drink one glass between 8 and 10, another glassed between 10 and 12, a glass between 1 and 3, a glass between 3 and 5. And then when I get home, I drink at least another 24 oz, if not more. My problem is that on weekends I don't get up until 11 or 12. I usually have breakfast on the run. By the time I sit down and get a glass of water, it's 1 already. I just plain forget to drink. It's something I definitely need to work on.

Elizabeth - Good luck getting rid of those snack foods. We all know you can do it. It's just a matter of will power. When I started trying to lose weight, I went into the kitchen and threw all of my goodies in the trash. I kept a few things around that aren't as bad for me, but overall I tossed all the candies, cakes, and cookies. Leaving them sitting around will only tempt me.

As for my 7 day challenge...

Day 1 - Goals met. Plenty of water taken in, and I did not snack at all!
Day 2 - Yay! Exceeded my water intake, and no snacking that wasn't on the menu.
Day 3 -
Day 4 -
Day 5 -
Day 6 -
Day 7 -

sapphire35
10-10-2006, 05:44 PM
Elycia I thought I'd drop in real quick and say hi to you and the ladies. I just got back from Mississippi, we had a funeral to go to this weekend.

Good idea with the 7 day challenge. I'm currently doing the 21 day challenge. I'm still hanging in there so far.

i'll chat later

u2girl
10-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Hello Everyone! Hope that you guys had a Terrific Tuesday! What a day and it still isn't over. I still have tidying up and packing to do. I can't wait til we just get moved in.

Well, I just finished my workout and I am still working on my water. I got my 3 apples in today. Yay! Somewhere in one of my fitness magazines, it said 3 apples a day is good fiber, nutrition etc, so that is why I am trying to do this. It is a challenge. I tell ya, all 3 of my 7 day challenges are truly challenges to me. I think I just have so much going on right now, it is hard to fit in. But I am determined to do it because I know that I need to. Gosh, I really want the scale to budge in the right direction. I will feel sooo much better. To see 220 anything would be wonderful. Hopefully I will see it soon.

So, you guys are rawkin and rollin'. Gale great job on no snacking at all and getting your water in. That is wonderful. Keep up the good work.

Angel, glad you had a good time out with family. Please join us on the 7 day challenge when you get a chance. Just taking it one day at a time, we will incorporate those healthy habits until they become routine. :) Good to see ya.

Elizabeth, how r ya? Good job on shunning the scale and 60 min of cardio. That's great! That hot chocolate sounds awesome. I may have to steal that idea one day.

Bluesparkle, I hear ya. Drinking water should be easy right? But it really isn't. It's odd because I used to love water. Everytime I went out with my now husband, with meals, I would order water and that is all I would drink. But later on, I started drinking pop with everything and while I was dating, I quit working out as regularly and I guess that was the beginning of the end. Gosh, I wish I could turn back the hands of time and meet up with myself. I would probably be shaking myself saying "Wake Up you DoDo, don't let yourself gain all of this weight". Alas, it is too late now and I guess I just should be glad I am doing something about it now. I guess we should all be happy about that. Anyways, great job on your first day of success! Excuse my tirade. :) Your hobby of sewing has always been a dream of mine. I still really want to learn because I would love to make the girls dresses and other things. I still plan to take a class.

SAHM, great job on getting that walk in at the mall. You didn't let that rainy weather deter you and that is wonderful. I know that took some doing. I know that it would for me. When it is rainy, I just want to listen to the rain and snuggle up and read a book and relax. Good for you! Next time it rains and I feel like slacking, I will think of you. :)

Jennie, I hope that all is going well for you. Glad to hear the things are going a little better on the homefront. Hang in there and let us know when you need more support. :hug:

I really hope that I didn't miss anyone. Oh yeah, Hiya Trish. Sorry about the funeral. I will catch up with ya soon. Thanx for droppin in. :)

Well, I still have much to do and little time to do it. I hope you ladies have a wonderful evening and I look forward to hearing how your day goes.

Ciao!

Elycia

elizabeth28
10-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Heya, everyone!

Gale, I went to Costco today (I love shopping at Costco) and bought a bunch of pears and lots of V8-- two my favorite healthful snacks. In regards to water consumption, I've sort of trained myself to drink 1 liter with breakfast or dinner & 1 liter during & after my workout. It's probably not enough, as I tend to drink at least three cups of tea per day, but it's a start in the right direction.

Elycia, steal whatever you please!! I'll be moving, too, in February of next year, so know that I share your excitement, at least on some level... Best of luck with everything. :)

Trish & Aleecia, welcome back!

'See' you all tomorrow!:carrot:

Day 2: 1hr Body Pump, 30 min cardio, 4 nutritious meals (ca. 1500 calories...)
Day 3:
Day 4:
Day 5:
Day 6:
Day 7:

Take care,

elizabeth

Angel33
10-11-2006, 08:13 AM
Good Morning Ladies.

I would love to do the 7 day challenge. My goals are to eat on plan, meaning no unplanned snacking. Because I count calories I can pretty much eat whatever I want. Although sometimes I find myself eating things that I didn't originally bring for lunch or snack. So no more of that. Also I am really keeping track of my water intake. I bought a case of bottle water and started putting them in the fridge. I find that I drink more water that way. Must be becuase its so convienent. The last thing will be to workout 5x this week.

I am happy to say that so far so good.

Day 1- Challenge met
Day 2- Challenge met

Elizabeth-Good job at shunning the scale. I think this is something I need to try and do. Sometimes I think it only works against me sometimes. Keep up the good work.

Elycia-I thought I was busy everyday, but you truly make me tired hearing about everything you do in a day. I hate getting ready to move so I give you a lot of credit for packing, cleaning, taking care of the babies and still making the time to take care of YOU! Good Job. You really inspire me.

Trish-So sorry to hear about your loss.

bluesparkie-I agree about the water. It is the easiest part yet its the part I struggle with most.

sapphire35, gale, SAHMof1, Jennie- HI Ladies. Keep up the good work on the challenge. Hope I didn't forget anyone.

Sounds like everyone is really geared up and ready to go. It is so great to see that everyone has such positive attitudes. It surely does make this process a whole lot easier. I know that we'll come across bumps in the road, but its nice to know that you have a group that will be there to pick you up when you fall.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Talk to you all later.

SAHMof1
10-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Hey Ladies and Happy Wednesday... So its been a good week here so far.. I have walked everyday and am trying to eat on plan.. I did break down and cheat a little and have mexican food and chinese, but ol' well I will work it off. It sounds like you all are doing well and on track.

I have been engrossed in a book lately and not on line much, sorry for negelecting you all. I weigh in tomorrow and will post accordingly.

u2girl
10-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Ladies, I hate to post it, but it appears that I have to start over again in my 7 day challenge. Yeah, I know that I didn't get very far, but I guess I'm just not planning my day out right. I didn't get my apples in today and I don't want to eat them now, and I didn't do so hot on my water either, so here I am with egg on my face at DAY 1 again. Blech! :o

Hey there Elizabeth. Great that you are picking up healthy snacks. I really want to get in a habit of having healthy snacks around the house as the girls grow up. I am hoping for a happy, healthy future for my family. Rawk on with the challenge, you are doing great!

Angel, good to see ya. You are pretty much doing the same as I am. I am not really following a plan, just watching what I eat and so far that has been working out pretty good for me. It gives me variety and I like that. Thanx for the kind words. Gosh, sometimes I feel like I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off and it is terrible. One thing I really need to add to my life is more structure. Perhaps when I do that things will run more seamlessly and I can get more accomplished. Until then, I will just keep runnin like I'm crazy. Thanx again and great job on all of the weight you have lost. :)

SAHM, glad you dropped in. Ditchin' us for a book?! How about that! ;) Just kidding withcha. Just check-in whenever you can. We're glad to see ya.

Hello, Hello, Hello to other fellow Shrinking Misfits :wave: Jennie, Bluesparkle,
Gale. I hope I got everyone. Hope to see you guys tomorrow.

Well, I still have some work to do, but then I am going to bed. I am really tired, but I wanted to drop in real quick to say hello. Gosh, I feel bad about the challenge, but I guess it wouldn't really be a challenge if it wasn't challenging. Hey Elizabeth, I just thought of something, where's our quotes? I don't think I have seen one from you all week. :D

Ciao for now!

Elycia

bluesparkie
10-12-2006, 12:12 AM
Hi Ladies, Sorry I've been a bit quiet. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my craziest days this semester and I'm pretty much straight out until Thursday. I'm also kind of a night owl and I'm usually online later at night. This week has been going pretty well for me, the challenge has really helped me to get my butt in gear and start getting some cardio in because I've been finding that no matter how well I eat, I still don't really lose unless I get some sort of exercise in.

Elizabeth, I hope that you're feeling better. I frikkin love Costco, probably because I don't really like grocery shopping so if I can do it less often, I'm all about it.

Aleecia, I'm glad that you had a nice weekend, I totally hear you about family outings quickly losing their charm. I'm glad that it didn't happen to you! Good for you getting rid of the unplanned snacking, I have a hard time with that myself.

Gale, I'm sorry to hear that you got stuck at work on Monday, too. It sounds like you might be onto something getting all that water in on a schedule, maybe I'll have to give it a try.

Trish, way to go hanging in there for the 21 day challenge!

Elycia, don't stress about having to start the challenge over, you're totally right that there wouldn't be much point unless you were truly challenging yourself. Have you tried maybe putting the apples into something to help you get them in? I cook a sliced apple and a little bit of cinnamon in with my oatmeal and I love it! Good luck getting back on track! I'm sure that you'll get those apples in.

SAHM, way to keep up on the walking. I myself cheated a bit last weekend and had some chinese but I was sensible and it was delicious. We'll see how well I do this Friday when we go out for Italian for my friend's birthday... I'm actually a little nervous.

That's it for me. It's hard to be a night owl that has to be up with the sun, too so I've got to go and get me some sleep. I'll check in again tomorrow (today?) I hope that you all have a great Thursday!!

elizabeth28
10-12-2006, 02:42 AM
Hmmm.... a quote for Elycia: "There's small choice in rotten apples":)

Hey, how about aiming at eating high-fiber foods and keeping your fiber intake above 21 grams per day? Of course, if you prefer the 3-apple tactic that's cool, too.:cool: On a good day, I'll make a cup of oatmeal, stir in some splenda & 2 tbps of ground flaxseed, and top it all with berries; this has more fiber than all three apples combined. On a bad day... well, no need to share, just yet. Anyway, please don't feel badly about the challenge, the apples, the water, etc-- this is not a contest, it's an ongoing effort that we're all putting forth, all the while keeping our own personal goals and limitations in mind. And for the record, one of my goals for this week was/is to eat a meal or snack every 3-4 hrs, and thus far, it has not been met. In other words, I haven't been perfect either, and to make matters worse, today I nearly choked on piece of sugar-free candy. (That last part was somewhat irrelevant, but I just wanted you to know.:) ) Cheer up!

Bluesparkie, I'm glad to hear you're doing well. If nothing else, exercising is a good way of staying energized... I know it definitely keeps me sane when I've more than I can handle on my mind. I must add that I don't miss the long, sleepless nights I spent while studying (i.e. cramming) for exams, but I do look forward to doing it all over again, regardless.

Sahm, what's the title of the book you're reading? Share, Sahm, share!!

Aleecia, the scale is not my friend-- or yours for that matter. I'll just leave it at that, as I'm getting sleepy right now... :faint:

Day 3: 45 minutes of cardio, shunned the scale, 5 nutritious meals (1700 calories... I think I'm on diet, or am I?)
Day 4:
Day 5:
Day 6:
Day 7:

Take care,

elizabeth

Angel33
10-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Morning Misfits,

Hope everyone is doing well. I am still doing really well this week. Day 3 Challenge was met. Yipee:carrot: I'll tell you this challenge has really helped to jump start things again. I feel fantastic today. I dropped my calories down so I'm hoping that will help as well.
Hopefully I can stay on plan tonight, my dad is taking my daughter and I out to dinner. I just need to remember to make smart choices.

Elycia-Don't worry about having to start over again. It happens to the best of us and just know that we're all here for you. That's the nice thing about 3FC. You can always come here to report the good with the bad. We all know its not easy. If it were we'd all be skinny. Keep your chin up.

Elizabeth- Had to laugh about the quote. That was perfect for Elycia.

bluesparkie- I'm with you on the exercise. I haven't lost anything since the end of July, but I haven't really gained anything either, I can't imagine what would have happened if I didn't continue to exercise. I like you know that I can't lose weight without the exercise part.

SAHMof1-Good job on the walking this week. Keep up the good work.

Well girls I gotta run for now. I am working on a huge presentation and I only have 2 more days to get it done.

Talk to you later

u2girl
10-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Hey ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well. Just had to jump in real quick to celebrate. I got on the scale this morning and I am finally under the 230 mark. Geez, I didn't know if I ever would. I am finally 228.0. Yay! I'm definitely doing the happy dance. :carrot: :carrot:

I'm feelin pretty good because I was wondering if it would ever happen. I will take a minute to do personals later on. I need to get upstairs and pack the babies room.

See you guys later!

Elycia

Angel33
10-12-2006, 03:57 PM
:carrot: :cb: :cp: :dance: :dancer: :belly:

Here's a happy dance for you Elycia. Great job at making it into the 220's
Keep up the good work!

SAHMof1
10-12-2006, 11:40 PM
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: Way to go Elycia.. Congrats!!!!

Elizabeth props on the exercise and calorie counts. I just finished reading Summer Sisters by Judy Blume.. I loved her books when I was younger (fudge and superfudge) and just as I suspected I loved this book. So now I am starting a Patricia Cornwell novel.. Post-Mortem. I have read alot of her books too and this is one of her earlier ones (I missed it somehow) So I will let you know how it goes.. Do you have any good reading suggestions?

Angel: How did dinner go with your dad? Make good choices?

Bluesparkie, Gail How's it going?

I went for weigh in today and I dropped a couple of ounces.. I went from 220.6 to 220.4.. So I go back on Monday and hopefully by then I will be into the two-teens. Everything here is going good. I am having to re-learn how to cook, and make better dinner/lunch choices.. Its hard after all this time of eating processed foods and making something quick and simple.

elizabeth28
10-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Congrats Elycia!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Quick post:

Day 3: 45 min of cardio, shunned the scale, 5 nutritious meals (1700 cal)
Day 4: 1hr Body Pump, 5 nutritious meals (ca.1600 cal) shunned the scale
Day 5:
Day 6:
Day 7:

I'm starting to think that shunning the scale isn't really much of an accomplishment. Anyway, I'm going back to day #1 tomorrow because I'm consuming far more calories than I should be in order to lose weight, AND (more importantly) I am constantly grazing as opposed to eating often but at fixed intervals. Don't hate me.

bluesparkie
10-13-2006, 01:08 AM
Hey all, just checking in to see how everybody is doing. Today was pretty good for me, nothing terribly exciting but pretty busy all the same. Nothing too much going on tomorrow. I'm going out for a friend's birthday but other than that, I'll be spending a nice long relaxing weekend with my thesis proposal. Pretty sad that there's my plan for the whole weekend, huh? Oh well, someday I'll be wicked smaht (Boston girl at heart) and all of the effort will be well worth it. I figure if I say that enough that eventually I'll begin to believe it.

Does anyone have fun plans for the weekend that I can live vicariously through?

Elizabeth, if shunning the scale keeps you from stressing about the number and helps you to focus on eating well and exercising then maybe it is a good accomplishment for you. No worries about restarting the challenge, good luck sticking to set meals instead of grazing. I tend to have that problem when I'm at home. Luckily I'm not usually at home so I can bypass it.

SAHM, I loved Summer Sisters when I read it, and was also a huge Judy Blume fan as a kid. What's Patricia Cornwell like? Is she any good? (I would assume so if you continue to read her books ;) ) I'm a fan of Marian Keys, all of her books are fantastic but I really liked Watermelons and Sushi for Beginners.

Elycia, congrats on making it to the 220s :congrat: I can't wait to be there myself, in an ideal world it would happen by new years but honestly it probably won't happen by then. You are a packing superstar, I hate packing so I put it off until the last possible second so I'm totally impressed that you're so on top of it.

Aleecia, good luck getting your presentation finished! I totally hear you about the challenge kicking your butt in gear, it certainly has for me. How did dinner go? Eating out is so hard for me that I tend to avoid it.

Challenge check in:
day 1: 45 Minutes of cardio, 2 liters of water
day 2: 30 minutes of cardio, 20 minutes of weights 1.5 liters of water
day 3: 45 minutes of cardio, 30 minute walk, 2 liters of water
day 4: 45 minutes of cardio, 1.5 liters of water
day 5:
day 6:
day 7:

So far so good on the challenge, although I've still gotta get some more weights in to meet all of my goals for this week. Have a great weekend ladies, I'll probably be checking in to procrastinate on my thesis proposal.

Angel33
10-13-2006, 08:41 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES!!!!!

Well I'm happy to say dinner went very well last night. I ordered a chicken salad and probally only ate about half. I was actually right on target with my calories for the day so that made me happy.
I was so excited last night, first of all my dad is kinda hard to impress. Meaning that he has high expectations so sometimes I feel the little things don't matter. But last night was great. He went on and on about how incredible I looked and what a good mom I was. Felt really good coming from him. It those little comments that keep me going.

Not too much going on for me this weekend. Still trying to get everything in order for the Toga party. I also have to do my cousins hair for her homecoming dance.

bluesparkie-Good luck on you thesis. And your right you are really smart!! That's awesome.

SAHMof1-A loss is a loss. Be happy that the scale is going in the right direction. Good Job.
I totally know what you mean about learning how to cook again. It's amazing how much different my calories add up to be if I take a little extra time and make a nice meal instead of something quick like hot dogs or pizza. It's taken some adjustment but well worth it.

elizabeth28-We definitly don't hate you. Hang in there! It's okay that you need to start over at day one. You'll get there.

Well I gotta run. My presentation is still not done, plus I have a training from 11-5 today. So busy day for me.
If I don't get back later then everyone have a wonderful weekend!!

SAHMof1
10-13-2006, 10:52 AM
:dance: Time to do the Friday Dance!!

Bluesparkie: P Cornwell is good. I really do love her books. She is a former crime reporter who went on to be a computer analyst in the medical examiners office. Her books are about different crimes. They are fictional but she does draw off real life too. I am just happy that I picked up a book again. I use to be able to spend hours reading.

Elizabeth: Good luck with starting over. I agree with Bluesparkie if shunning the scale keeps you from stressing out then it may be a good thing. Stress is what is suspose to cause the body fat around our middle.

Aleecia: Way to go with dinner!! Along with having to re-learn how to plan and cook, my tastes buds are changing too. I can't say that I have ever actually craved "good for you food" until recently.

So ladies I hope you all have a great day and a wonderful weekend.

u2girl
10-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Hi ladies:

Just popping in to say hello. Thanx so much for celebrating with me. I really appreciate that. You guys have no idea how great it felt to see the 220's. I am also part of a challenge to reach 220 by Thanksgiving. I was starting to think that there was no way I was going to make it, but now that I have finally gotten over that hump, I am starting to have some hope again.

Well, it's good to see everyone. SAHM, congrats on the loss. You are going in the right direction on the scale and that is what is most important. Keep up the good work! :) I hear ya on re-learning to cook nutritiously. I am always trying to find lower fat and more nutritious ways to prepare favorite meals. It's been challenging, but I know we will be a healthier family for making the changes.

Elizabeth, you and me both. Let's just say tomorrow is Day 1 again. I tell ya, the days are going by so fast it is almost as if they are melding together. I hope to be on track tomorrow. We don't hate you. You are the quote lady afterall. ;) Thanx for the quote by the way. There are so many neat ones out there, but I must say, I've never heard that one before.

Bluesparkle, you are rawkin! You are doing so good on the challenge. The sources say that if you can do something everyday for 3 weeks, it becomes a habit, so keep working at it and it will all become second nature. You are doing fabulous. Thanx for the compliment on the packing. This certainly is an arduous task, but I am going to see it through. I went window shopping today. I decided, at least at the moment, that I want the decorating theme of my house to be asian. I went to a few shops trying to see what they offered and the prices. It's not going to be cheap, but I think I will be happy in the end.

Angel, good job on such a great dinner. You are so focused and that is wonderful. It looks like vacation is truly over for you. That's so good. With your determination and focus, you are definitely going to reach your goals. I know that since I have started eating less, I find my cravings to eat alot of food have decreased. I am very happy about that. Anyways, keep up the good work. You are doing awesome.

Well, I better scoot. Gale, Gale, where are ya? Hope that all is well. Jennie on the block, hope to see you soon. :) Everyone take care and I will see you later. Gotta eat and get to work.

Ciao!

Elycia

elizabeth28
10-13-2006, 10:17 PM
Quick post (no time!!!:yikes: ):

Day 3: 45 min of cardio, shunned the scale, 5 nutritious meals (1700 cal)
Day 4: 1hr Body Pump, 5 nutritious meals (ca.1600 cal) shunned the scale
Day 5: 60 min cardio, shunned the scale, and grazed...again (1500 cal)
Day 6:
Day 7:

Elycia, there are only two days left for this week's challenge. Shall we make the best of them & start anew on Monday? Your call...

Bluesparkie, Aleecia, & Sahm: I'll post again this Sunday-- take care & stay strong!!!:)

cheers,

elizabeth

u2girl
10-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Hello Ladies:

Just got finished with Turbo Jam Cardio Party 2. That was pretty fun. I was thinking that I was going to have a much harder time with it because they said her moves can be kind of confusing, but I didn't have much of a problem. Maybe this was one of her easier ones. I dunno. It wasn't too bad, but I can tell, I am going to be feeling some burn in my abs tomorrow. She did alot of ribcage work. It was nice to throw a bit of variety in there though. I have been doing FIRMS for quite some time and it was great to have some change.

My favorite instructor is Cathe Friedrich, however, she is a good bit more advanced and I don't know if I am quite ready for her yet. She has a bunch of new workouts coming out soon and I can't wait to try them. My fitness level is improving, but I don't think that I am quite ready for the tough cathe's yet.

I am with ya Elizabeth. Monday is a new week and a new effort for me. I hope to be more successful and make it through the week.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add. Can you guys believe that it has been 2 months as of today that I haven't drank any pop??!! I really can't believe it. I use to drink so much pop. Like 3 liters in a few days. I have dropped it and really only drink water and I think that has really helped my weight loss as well. Oh well, just wanted to add.

Hope all of you lovely ladies had a great day. I will check in tomorrow.

Ciao!

Elycia

bluesparkie
10-15-2006, 06:21 PM
Hi Ladies, it looks like I'll be joining you starting up on the challenge again tomorrow. I did really well all the way up until Friday. I only got like 15 minutes of cardio in before a friend of mine that I haven't talked to in FOREVER called me. After that, the rest of my day was completely booked and I didn't fit anything else in. Oh well. I did pretty well Friday night for going out with a bunch of friends, it was my one splurge meal so I feel ok about going a little over my calories for the day, especially since I only had one glass of wine with dinner. Alcohol is what usually kills my calories for a weekend and at least I did well on that. I'm also thinking that I'm going to build in a rest day for myself so that even if I miss a day, I won't use that as an excuse to throw in the towel (much like I did this weekend :o )

Aleecia, I'm glad that dinner with your dad went so well, it sounds like you made healthy decisions but even better than that was that your dad was so supportive. I can only imagine that if he is offering such high praise that you must be doing a really fantastic job as a mom and also with your new healthy lifestyle. Congrats!

SAHM, I hope that you had a good weekend. I hear you about being able to pick up a book. I spend so much time reading for school that I can scarcely remember what it was like to read for fun.

Elycia, good luck getting to 220 by thanksgiving, at the rate that you're going I think it's totally gonna happen! I'm really impressed that you've been able to give up soda. I've found myself cutting down considerably since I started to drink more water but Diet Coke is totally my comfort food, more so than anything greasy or fattening, Diet Coke is what I totally turn to if I'm having a crappy day. I've pretty much cut down to one can a day or every other day and I'm ok with that, although I'm a little bit worse on the weekends.

And in exciting news from my scale, as of this morning I'm at 259.5, officially more than ten pounds lost and in the 250s which is quite exciting. I can't wait to be below 250 because the weight chart on fit day lists me as "off the chart" until then, which is never really a good feeling. Also, that's closer to 200 than 300 which I certainly wasn't when I started this journey. OK, enough blabbering, I'm off to finish the homework that I put off all weekend.

elizabeth28
10-15-2006, 08:39 PM
:( So.........it appears I have an eating disorder.

I spent the latter half of the day binging yesterday. I won't elaborate as to how, why, when where & it occurred, but I will say that I felt somewhat powerless throughout the process and for that I'm truly sorry.

In retrospect, this past week was for the most part a step forward, as I did well in terms of exercise, water consumption and healthful eating. I just wish I could let myself cope with stress without resorting to huge amounts of food. This is killing me. (Blah... blah... sorry I'm whining- again.)

Bluesparkie, (yay, more than 10lbs lost!!!:carrot: ) I hope things are going well with your thesis (hmmm... I wonder if you dread citations as much as I do). Dear Sahm, no I don't have any reading suggestions-- unfortunately, I stopped reading fiction a long time ago, though I can't wait to get back into it. (For what it's worth, I was/ am a Franz Kafka fan... so I guess I do have a reading suggestion.) Aleecia, kudos to you for staying cool during dinner on your night out-- I almost always fail to eat on plan when dining out. Yay, Elycia, you've been pop-free for two whole months!!! (Ok, so there's NO going back to day #1 after tomorrow... capite?:) )

Eleven weeks left until the end of this year and the start of a new one, ladies.
I must warn you that life is about to get very hectic for me in the coming days, and I'll be forced to keep my posts short & to the point. (I suppose that's good news...)

Gale & Trish, I hope all is well.

cheers,
elizabeth

Angel33
10-16-2006, 12:05 PM
It's Monday Again! Blah!

Working on only 3 1/2 hours of sleep, so I'm kinda out of it this morning.
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was good, just not long enough. Never is.

Elizabeth-Don't be too hard on yourself about the bingeing yesterday. Like you said for the most part last week you did well. It's done and over with so you can start fresh today. Stress eating is sometimes very hard to deal with. I know! Keep your chin up.

Elycia-Yeah good for you on the pop. That is the first thing I cut out when I started back in February. I was a Diet-Cokeaholic forsure. To tell you the truth I don't even miss it anymore.
Sounds like you're well on you way to meeting your Thanksgiving goal. That's awesome.

bluesparkie-Good for you for not throwing in the towel. Sounds like you still did pretty well. I know what you mean about the alcohol using up a lot of calories. Sometimes the weekends are a killer.

SAHMof1- Hi, so how did the weigh in go?

Have a great day ladies!:)

u2girl
10-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Well ladies, I am down 2 more lbs. Yay! I got on the scale this morning and I was like no way! So, I got on there 2 more times to make sure and sure enough, I am down to 226. Only .5 away from my 10% goal. The funny thing about it is that I have been taking it easy lately. I haven't worked out as consistently as I had been and eating has been a little more lax. Oh well, I am not going to use that as an excuse to be lax. I plan to get back on with things seriously so that I can continue to lose. Wow, I just can't believe it. I am going to change my ticker. :)

Angel, 3 1/2 hours. Yikes! For some reason for me though, when I go on a little sleep, I really can't tell until later on in the evening and then I really feel it. Hopefully, today won't be too tough on ya and you can get some rest later. I hear ya on the weekends. They never are long enough, but the work week sure is. :) How are your workouts going? Good to see ya.

Elizabeth, changing your eating habits is a challenge. I am living that reality so I know. :) Give yourself some time. Try to make small changes over a period of time. That is why I think the 7 day challenge, if I can stick with it, is such a good idea because I am trying to make smaller changes stick over a period of time. Let's try this challenge again and work really hard to make it through the 7 days. I am going to try to stick with my original 3, although, I am changing the workouts that I planned. We can do this.

Bluesparkle!!!!! :woo: Awesome! That is so kewl! Isn't it a great feeling to get out of a range? I was so happy to get out of the 240's, now the 230's. Leavin it behind, sayin "Bye-Bye". That is just wonderful. You should be very proud of yourself. 10 lbs is great! Keep up the great work. Oh and I know about being off of the chart. Do you know about that virtual model that you can make. It is really kewl. Let me see if I can find the link... okay, itis mvm.com. Anyways, when I first got started, I was around 250 and I wanted to make one. Do you know that I couldn't make one because it didn't go up to 250??? Man, that was upsetting to me because I was like, they don't even have one in my size. One didn't work until I got to like 235 or something. So now, I am happy to say that I can make a model in my size. Unfortunately, I still don't like the way it looks, but I can make one nonetheless. I really like these because I can see how I will look as I lose my weight and I find it to be pretty darn accurate. Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I understand when charts and things really don't apply when you are a certain weight. Hang in there, you are on your way and you will be at 250 real soon. Just try your very best to stay focused. We are right here with you. :)

Well, I guess I better get going. I hope that everyone has a great day. I have to go to work this evening and so I thought I would pop in earlier. I hope that Gale and Jennie are doing okay. Haven't seen them for a few days.
Hello SAHM. :wave: Hope to see ya soon.

Gotta run.

Ciao!

Elycia

elizabeth28
10-17-2006, 01:31 AM
Thank you, Aleecia-- I did start fresh today. I hope you had a good day, too, despite the fact that you barely got any sleep...:coffee:

Elycia-- 2 more lbs GONE!! You must be ecstatic! :dancer: I've scheduled my next weigh-in day for November 7, which also happens to be election day. No coincidences here; if the scale has nothing good to 'say', I can always distract myself with some political turmoil. :)

Also: the mvm.com site is SO cool! Thanks for sharing.

Today's stats:

Day #1: 60 minutes of cardio, 64oz H2O, 1100 calories, no binging

Take care,

elizabeth

galengail
10-17-2006, 12:04 PM
I'm still here! Sorry I haven't posted in about a week. I'm going to have to make an effort to drop by more often. My "diet" is going quite well. I'm down 2.5 from last week, and I'm halfway finished with my New Years Goal. It took me 7 weeks, so I'm hoping that I can lose the other half in the next 11 weeks. I'm going home to visit my family around Thanksgiving, so I just hope that I don't pig out or get too far off my path. I won't be able to do my normal exercise routine then; I just hope that doesn't cause too much damage.

SAHM - I hear you about being engrossed in a book lately. I've been turning to books instead of the internet lately. It seems healthier than sitting in front of the computer all day. Have you read any of Janet Evanovich's books? They're hilarious and very fun. I love all of the characters in them, especially the heroine, Stephanie. She's just a regular gal that ended up getting a job as a bounty hunter. I'm definitely able to relate to her and her issues. Anyway, congrats on keeping up a walking schedule, though! That's great. I missed a day of walking last week because of some rainy weather.

Elizabeth - I really like that high-fiber breakfast idea! It sounds yummy and healthy. I'll have to try it. I've been trying to keep track of my fiber intake along with my protein intake. I don't eat meat of any kind, so I definitely have to make a conscious effort to eat foods that will give me protein. As for the fiber, I got a recipe off a box of Fiber One cereal for muffins. You make them using the cereal and some low-fat yogurt with fresh fruit. They taste so great. If anyone is interested in the recipe, I'll be happy to post it. As for binging, I'm sorry you were having such a crappy day. I hope you're feeling better and more motivated now. Don't be too hard on yourself. You'll get to your goal eventually. There's no need to repress your craving so much that you go crazy on one day.

Aleecia - That's so wonderful that your dad was being so supportive! And coming from him, I'm sure it's true that you do look fantastic and you are an amazing mother.

Elycia - Yay! Getting down into the 220's is quite an accomplishment! I can't wait to finally see 220-something on my scale one morning. It's only a matter of time before you drop that first 2 down to a 1. As for the pop, isn't it amazing what we can do when we put our mind to it? I haven't had any pop for about 3 months with the exception of one time. I started feeling better after I quit drinking it for a week, so I just continued with not drinking it. The exception was one night when we went to a Mexican restaurant. I was in the mood for something carbonated, so I drank half a glass of Dr. Pepper.

bluesparkie - Congrats on getting into the 250's! Losing that first ten pounds feels great, doesn't it. I pulled out my boyfriend's free weights and picked up ten pounds. It's heavy! He uses a set of 20 pound weights to work out everyday. When I finally shed 20 pounds, I'm going to go pick one of them up just to feel how much less my body weights. It's a great motivator when numbers just aren't enough.

Angel33
10-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Hi girls,
Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Its been a crazy day here at work. I had to present the presentation I have been working on today. It went pretty good, but I have another one tomorrow. So I am trying to get a few more things done.

Elycia and Gale-Way to go on the weight loss. Keep up the good work ladies.

Elizabeth, bluesparkie, SAHMof1-:wave: Hope everyone is having a great day.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

bluesparkie
10-17-2006, 10:39 PM
Hi ladies,
I hope that everyone's week is going well. I've been rocking the seven day challenge again and doing a pretty good job sticking to it so far. Nothing too exciting going on for me. The life of a grad student is so mundane sometimes... classes, work, homework, teaching, and then it all starts again, much less fun than college was.

Elizabeth, sorry you've been having a rough time but it does sound like for the most part you've been making really good decisions for yourself so don't get too caught up in the guilt and focus instead on staying healthy and making good decisions. I think distracting yourself with politics is an excellent plan to keep from stressing about the scale!

Aleecia, I hope you get some rest as busy as you are! Good luck with your presentations, I bet they'll go fantastically (is that a word?? hmm...)

Elycia, you are a losing superstar!! Congrats on the second exciting loss, you'll be out of the 220s before you know it. Good for you for not making excuses to be more lax with the eating and the exercise... all your good choices will add up to make you healthier in the long run.

Gale, glad to hear from you and that you've been doing more productive things with your time than being online. I only wish that I could say the same. Way to go with your progress towards your new year's goal. That's fantastic! It sounds like you're recognizing Thanksgiving as a potential pitfall so I think that as long as you stay aware while you're with your family that you will do a great job.

my stats for this week so far:
Monday: 45 minutes cardio, 2L water
Tuesday: 45 minutes cardio, 2L water

Have a great night, ladies!

elizabeth28
10-17-2006, 10:54 PM
Day #2: 1hr Body Pump, 93oz H2O, 1200 calories, no binging

Gale, your "diet" IS working!! I'm glad you're back. The thought of Thanksgiving sort of makes me nervous, too.....aaarggh.:yikes:

Aleecia, best of luck with your projects.

Edited to add: HI Bluesparkie!!!....

cheers
:cool:

u2girl
10-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Hello Ladies:

Dropping in real quick. Oh, what a busy day. I was pretty much running all day. No workout for me today. I didn't get it in earlier and I just don't feel like it right now. I guess all of the running and shifting and moving should count for something though, right? :D

Looks like you ladies are doing awesome! Good job on the challenge. I know all about being busy. Glad to see you checking in and doing good in spite of the hectic schedule.

Bluesparkle. Thanx so much for the encouraging and kind words. I just want this weight off so bad. I want it off yesterday but since that isn't possible, I just have to keep doing what I know I should be doing. You ever envision yourself slim? I do it all the time and it makes me so happy. I can't wait to look in the mirror and like what I see. Right now, I avoid them at all costs. Great job on the challenge. You are doing so good. Like I was saying with Elizabeth, life is just soooo busy, it can be tough. Great that you are making the investment in yourself to work out and drink water. That is so good. Keep up the great job!

Hi there Angel! You mean you've got to put together the presentation and present it too? ;) Wow, can you say wonderwoman?! Isn't it amazing all of the things we can do? That's why I know you will continue to succeed in your weight loss efforts. Your weight loss can be another project for you, may be long term, but a project nonetheless. Persevere and you'll be there soon, I just know it!!! Thanx for the congrats on the weight loss. 1 lb here, 2 lbs there, I will keep chipping away until I am the image that I envision. :)

Gale, congrats on the weight loss. 2.5 lbs. Woo! Hoo!! Great job! You must be so excited. Man, I tell ya, there is not too many better feelings than getting on the scale and see it moving in the right direction. I just love it. The other great feeling though is being able to buy a smaller size in clothes. I can't wait to be able to drop these darn rubber waisted pants. I want to zip up a pair of jeans so bad. I am just not brave enough to try on a pair. You know what, I have a New Year's Goal too. My goal is to reach 199!!! :yikes: Yeah, I know, but I want to be under 200 so bad by the new year, that I have to try. If I don't make it, I plan to be darn close. So you say you are 1/2 way there, how much were you planned on losing by then? If I reach goal, I will have lost 42 lbs since starting on August 15th. We will see, I will keep working at it.

Well, ladies, it is great to talk with ya, but I really better get back to packing and cleaning. Gosh, I can't believe that next week is the move and still there is much to do. You guys take care and I will see you tomorrow. I hope to get my workout in.

SAHM and Jennie, hope to see ya soon.

Ciao!

Elycia

SAHMof1
10-19-2006, 12:53 AM
Hey ladies.. Just a quick Hello.. Sorry its been a bad week here. We have all been sick and I haven't felt much like getting on line. SO I hope to be back in action tomorrow and will get to personals.. Talk to you gals soon

Angel33
10-19-2006, 09:24 AM
Good Morning Ladies.
Whew, I'm done presented for this week and I'm glad to say it went very well. Now I just have to work on a summary.
Great point Elycia. I never thought of this whole weight loss as a project. I think thats what I will call it from now.
The new me, an ongoing project.
I just love to be challenge at work, why not be when it comes to this. Great perspective, thanks!

SAHMof1-Feel better soon! Take care of yourself!

elizabeth28-Looks like you're right on track this week. Keep up the good work.

bluesparkie-I love that you're rockin this challenge. Good Job. I am totally amazed that all of us here are so busy with either work, school, home, kids, etc. yet we still are managing to do whats good in order to take care of ourselves.
By all means it isn't easy but it motivates me to know if you guys are as busy as me and still make time, then so can I.

Yeah us!

Gail-Hi

Jennie-Did we lose you? Hope everything is okay. Let us know how you're doing.

I will talk to you all later.

galengail
10-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Yay! My boss is a wonderful woman. She knows what it is like to struggle with weight loss. She's lost, gained, and lost again weight for many years. Right now she looks fantastic. Anyway, this afternoon I was talking to her and she asked me if I've lost weight. I played it off like I didn't know because I haven't told anyone that I'm trying to lose weight. She said that it definitly looks like I've lost weight. Yay! :-)

Elycia - I'm sure that the work you did do make up for your missed exercise. Sometimes running back and forth doing chores or packing is just as much of a workout as an actual workout. Good luck with your New Years goal! Even if you don't make it to under 200, you'll be close. Setting yourself a goal like that just makes you work harder, and that is always a good thing. You'll be less likely to slip up. I started working toward my New Years goal during the last week of August. I want to lose 34 pounds by New Years, which will bring me down to 220. I'm halfway there, so I think that 34 is do-able by then.

Aleecia - I love that new attitude. I thought of this as a project from the beginning. Everyone always says that they *can't* lose weight, so I've never tried because everyone else was always so discouraging about it. Then, I started researching weight loss, and happened upon this message board. All these people were losing weight so easily, I thought I could surely do it too if I just tried for once. So, this is like my little experiment. Can I prove everyone around me wrong and actually change myself for the better.

elizabeth28
10-20-2006, 04:01 AM
Day #3: 60 minutes of cardio, 64oz H2O, no binging & ate at fixed intervals!!
Day #4: 45 minutes of cardio, 93oz H2O, 1,700 calories, no binging

cheers:carrot:

u2girl
10-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Morning Ladies, or almost Afternoon:

How is everyone doing? Everyone looks like they are doing great.

Elizabeth, way to go on the challenge. No bingeing and getting those workouts in. You are doing great. Keeping it short and sweet and that is fine. Just glad to know that you are doing well. Keep up the great job and great to see ya!

Gale, what a great post. Just refreshing to read. Sounds like you are in a good place mentally for weight loss and i think that is so important. You sound very positive and ready for action and that is wonderful. I know that you have to feel great that someone has noticed. Your hard work is paying off even in ways you can't see. I'm sure with all of your walking and eating better your blood is circulating better and your joints are probably feeling better. Keep working towards your New Year's goal. I know I sure am. We are going to feel so good about ourselves when the New Year hits. Great job Gale. :bravo:

Angel, I enjoyed your post too. Sounds like you are in a great place as well. The new you, an ongoing project. Sounds great! I think the female instinct is to take care of everyone else and then whatever is left over, we still try to find someone else to give it to. :) I think it is great that all of us are taking some time and effort and putting it towards ourselves. I mean if we don't, we really can't be there for anyone else, can we? :smug: Anyways, you are doing great Angel. Thanx for sharing.

SAHM, good to see ya. Thanx for dropping in and letting us know that all is well with ya. Well, minus being sick. :hug: Hope that you and your family are feeling better soon so that we are able to see ya more. As you see, we are still pegging along trying to keep each other motivated to lose weight and make healthy choices. Hope to see ya more in the coming week.

Like Angel mentioned, its great to be among ladies that are just as busy or more so than I am and still taking time for self and coming here to post about it. That is so wonderful. You guys are so inspiring to me and I really appreciate all of your posts and experiences.

Bluesparkle and Jennie, hope to see you ladies soon and hope that you are doing well.

Well, my little ones need some attention and I need to eat something. No work today or tomorrow Yay! However, I still have plenty of work to do with this house. Maybe I will take a break and check in later.

Ciao!

Elycia

bluesparkie
10-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Hi ladies,
This week totally got away from me and before I knew it, it was Friday! YAY! very exciting for me at least. I've been rocking the challenge and getting in at least some cardio, even if it isn't quite as much as I had hoped to get in. I had a decent WI this morning, down a pound from last week which isn't quite as much as I was hoping for but it's still in the right direction so I can't really complain.

Elizabeth, way to rock the challenge and stay on track! You're doing an awesome job, congrats!

Elycia, I swear you are a moving goddess! I'm sure that by next week you'll be totally ready to get your move on.

SAHM, I hope that you all are feeling better soon!

Angel, good for you for getting all of your presentations done, I'm sure that you did an awesome job on them. I love the spin that you and Elycia have put on turning healthier living into a project.

Gail, that's fantastic that your boss noticed you losing weight, comments like that can make your day a whole lot better.

jennie934
10-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Hi everyone,
I know its been a while. I hope you all remeber me! Its really good to read about how well eveyone is doing.
things have been going well the past few days. I had a really bad cold that kept me out of the excersise challenge but that is over for the most part. I stuck to my food plan like a champ I just know I need to keep excersising if I want to really see pounds drop.

Elizabeth - good job on the cardio:carrot: I'll be right back with you now that I'm feeling better.

Bluesparkle - weeks fly past me as well, I wish the pounds would! have a good weekend.

Gail - that is so nice that your boss noticed and you didn't even have to bring it up or anything. its definatley a challenge and its good to get encouragement along the way.

SAHM- I hope you all start to feel better. I had a rough time with the sickies last week. I hopeing my son doesn't catch anything at school and being it home again for the rest of the winter!

Angel - keep the projects and the challenges coming! have a good weekend and thanks for thinking of me.

Elycia - thanks for the pm to get me back around. it so helpful having people to talk to and learn from.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. Have a great weekend. I'm planning on a jog or walk tomorrow and to be OP for the whole weekend. ;)

Jennie

SAHMof1
10-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Hello Ladies.. WOW what a week it has been... So I think for the most part we are all better.. Still a lingering blah feeling but nothing serious. So you would think that with being sick and all I would have lost alot of weight but I didn't I am down 1.5 lbs so thats good. Today will be my first day back on track for eating right and possibly some exercise. I did get out yesterday evening and go for a walk so that did some good.

Thanks you all for the well wishes. It sounds like your all on track with your challenge goals. Hope the weekend is good to ya.

elizabeth28
10-21-2006, 07:14 PM
Heya!!!:) :) :) Quick post!!!!:

This just in (my mailbox):

How to survive the Feasting Season:
http://onhealth.webmd.com/holiday_weight_management/article.htm

Welcome back, Jennie! Sahm (I'm glad you're feeling better & trust me, I know all about "lingering blahs"...)& Bluesparkie congrats on the weight-loss!!:carrot: Gale, Aleecia & Elycia, I hope you're having an awesome weekend!

Day #3: 60 minutes of cardio, 64oz H2O, no binging & ate at fixed intervals!!
Day #4: 45 minutes of cardio, 93oz H2O, 1,700 calories, no binging
DaY #5: 60 minutes of cardio, 64oz H20, 1,700 calories, no binging
Day #6: 60 minutes of cardio, 93oz H2O, 1,500 calories....minor binge-related episode:(
Day #7: 60 minutes of cardio, 93oz H2O, 1,205 calories & no binging!

Take care,
elizabeth

u2girl
10-23-2006, 01:08 AM
Hi Guys:

Just dropping in to say Hello. I really don't have time to post much! Great job on the challenge Elizabeth. You rawk! I will try to check in tomorrow.

Ciao!

Elycia

elizabeth28
10-24-2006, 12:45 AM
Good evening, ladies! I hope you're all alive... and well. :)

Stats for today:

Day #1: 45 minutes of cardio, 1550 calories, no binging

There.

Elycia, did you get new shoes?? I want new shoes, too!!!

jennie934
10-24-2006, 08:38 AM
Hey Ladies, how is it going? Jsut a quick hello before work.
My weekend was OK. Sunday, I ended up going off plan first time in 2 weeks so I feel bad but such is life. I got back into the swing yesterday. its hard to keep that motivation going but I feel gross after I eat the bad stuff so I just need to remeber that. Especially because in a week, my house will be filled with snack sized candy. I might let my son hide his halloween stash in his room or something so that I won't eat it. hmmmm.....anyone else planning halloween survival techniques.
got to get to work.
ttyl
Jennie

galengail
10-24-2006, 10:48 AM
How's everyone's weight loss journey going? I weighed in this morning, and I'm down two more pounds. Yay! And the even better news is that I put on the jeans that I wore about 4 years ago and THEY FIT! They aren't even that tight. So, these 19 pounds have made more of a difference than I thought, even if I still can't squeeze into a size 18 (the jeans are a 22). I have a pair of black slacks in the closet that are 18s. They're my next goal. It'll probably take me another 20 or 30 pounds to get into them comfortably, but I know I can do it.

Bluesparkie - A pound is a great step in the right direction. Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the amount of weight I need to lose and how little one or two pounds seem in the face of it, but if we lose one pound a week for the next 12 months, we'll have lost over 50 pounds. That's a lot of weight! Two pounds a week in the next 12 months would be over 100 pounds, which would get all of us down to our goal weights. So, I try to think of each loss, no matter how small, as a victory because in the end it will add up.

Jennie - Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear that you were feeling under the weather these last few days. I'm sure you did a good thing by avoiding the exercise while you were sick. It would only make you feel worse. Good job on sticking to your food plan, though! Whenever I have a cold, I always eat, eat, eat. Mostly bad stuff that I shouldn't be eating. As for Halloween, my boyfriend brought home three bags of candy last week. He said it was for us, not trick-or-treaters. No! He's such a bad influence. I've actually had some, but I stick to the serving size. Two small Snickers bars are 160 calories. I'll eat two, but no more. It's a way of letting myself have a treat, but not going overboard with it. I won't let myself have candy more than 3 times a week, and when I have it, I only eat a single serving.

SAHM - Glad to hear that you're feeling better and that you still lost a bit of weight while sick! Also glad to hear that you went out for a walk and got some fresh air with your exercise. I'm really going to miss walking in the evenings after dinner when the time changes and winter rolls around. I have a fitness center at my disposal in our apartment complex, but it just won't be the same as walking outside. I might turn to the exercise bike this winter to keep up my cardio.

Elizabeth - It looks like you're back on track with your weight loss! Congrats! That article you posted will come in useful when Thanksgiving gets here. I'm going to regulate myself to one plate of food. I'll fill it up, but I'm not going back for seconds no matter what. It'll be the ultimate test because my grandmother makes the best food ever.

Elycia - Did you get your new shoes yet? I bet they're going to be fabulous when you get them. I've heard that New Balance shoes are the best athletic shoes. Consumer reports ranks them really high for customer satisfaction. I think once I get down to the 209, I'll get a pair for myself as well. It will be a good investment of my money since it will help me toward the second half of my goal.

Angel33
10-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Hey Girls,

Thought I would pop in say HI:wave:
Things have been pretty crazy around here. My weekend was good but super busy. I'm trying to get everything in order for our TOGA party this weekend. Plus I took yesterday off work to shampoo all the carpets.
Unfortunetly eating this weekend was not the greatest. Its really hard when you your busy to eat out of convience. I didn't make the best choices. But enough wineing. I'm back on track today and Project Me continues.

Gale-Way to go on the weight loss. I know what you mean about the jeans. I think I get more excited when something old starts to fit instead of seeing the scale actually moving. You'll be in those black slacks before you know it.

Jennie-Glad to see you're back. We missed ya!

Elizabeth-Wow you are rocking the 7 day challenge. One minor binge and that's all. That's so awesome. Keep up the good work

SAHMof1-Glad you're finally feeling better. Good job on the loss.

bluesparkie-Congrats on the loss.

Elycia-Sounds like you are still crazy busy. Hang in there. When are you moving? I know it seems like you have been packing forever.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Gotta run!
Talk to you all later.

u2girl
10-24-2006, 10:53 PM
Hey Ladies:

Been, so busy, busy. I hope that once we finally get moved, things will settle down and I can get back on track. Ugh! I am so upset. I thought that we were getting moved today, but alas, I guess it's not part of the master plan. The municipality scheduled the house inspection for today AND, you guessed it, the house did not pass. :( I had a funny feeling when the owner said the inspection was to be done today. I instantly thought, "what if it doesn't pass?" This really puts us in a bind because since my husband and I both work, we wanted a full week to move and to clean our current house. We have already given notice that we would be gone by Nov 1. The second inspection is scheduled for Oct 31. It's just so stupid and frustrating. I don't know how we are going to get it all in. So, that is how things are going for me. Quite frustrating! I'm just so excited and want to get into my new house and now this.

Anyways, great to see you guys. No, I haven't gotten my shoes yet. I dare not get on the scale. The last time I got on the scale, I was still 226, so I haven't quite made it there yet. I haven't been working out like I was because I have been so busy and packed up most of my workout stuff. I guess I may as well pull it back out. I do plan to get those shoes real soon though. I specifically picked those because they are crosstrainers and seem to be geared towards people that do step and lift and all types of aerobics. I hope to be able to get them soon.

Yeah, Jennie I hear ya on the snacks. We are coming up on a tough time with the Halloween candy. Then right after that is Thanksgiving and then Xmas. We are really going to have to keep each other motivated in the coming months because those are going to be tough times and we certainly don't want to put on the weight or lose the motivations we have worked so hard to attain. That is a good way to put it though. Think about how you feel when you eat off your plan, so the next time it won't be as tempting. We have to use whatever strategies work in our favor. Good job on paying attention to that.

Gale, you better go girl :high: !!! That is awesome 2 more lbs. You are doing awesome. You are on your way to your New Years Goal. Good job and keep up the good work. That is sooo good that you are using your clothes as a gauge and a goal. You will be in those 18's soon. You should be very proud of yourself. I know I am very proud of you. I really need to get on the stick soon. It is very motivating that you are doing so well. Keep it up! Thanx for that info on the NB. I notice alot of instructors wear that brand, so they must be pretty good. :)

Bluesparkle, great job on hanging in there with the challenge and for the weight loss. With the pounds you lose, you are losing inches as well, so just try your best to stick with the challenge and you will be having to buy smaller sizes before you know it.

Angel, how is Project You going? I know what you are talking about being busy. My whole eating and workout plan has been thrown off kilter since the move and it is really hard. I mean, in my mind i'm thinking "get with it, or you are going to gain all of this weight back" but it is just so hard because my schedule is so messed up. I have been up 2 and 3 in the morning and then I get hungry since I am up so late. I shutter to see what the scale says when I get back on track. I will probably be coming to you guys pleading for motivation because it may be difficult to get back on track. I am determined to though. Good to see ya and so glad to see that you are back on track.

Well, I really better run. I hope to come back with a more positive report tomorrow. I owner says that he is going to try to negotiate with the city to let us go ahead and move in and just give a time limit on the things that need to be fixed. Verry piddly things to fix IMO anyways. Well, see you guys later.

Elizabeth & SAHM :wave:

Ciao!

Elycia

SAHMof1
10-25-2006, 11:53 PM
Hello Ladies.. I have not totally abandon you. I have been rather busy. We have an upcoming trip to my parents for Turkey Day, Phillip has had quite a few dr's appts, I have had appts, and so has Shane. So its been go, go, go for us. I did go today for a WI and even tho I have regained a little bit I was way down in inches.. I have lost over a foot of myself.. 12.75 inches:carrot: :carrot: :dance: So that is encouraging.

I hope you all are doing well. Congrats on all the losses and non-scale victories. I will be making attempts to check in here more often.

u2girl
10-26-2006, 08:21 AM
Morning ladies. Great job on those inches SAHM. :carrot: That's definitely reason to celebrate. Sounds like you have a busy schedule ahead of you. Try your best to remain focused and let us know how you are doing when you get the time.

Man, I was sooooo scared to get on the scale this morning. I just have not been able to pay attention to meals as much as I would like and I just knew I would either be in the 230's again or very close. Imagine my surprise when the scale read 223.5!!! I couldn't believe it! I got on it 3 times just to make sure because I was like NO WAY! YES WAY though! That means, I can get my shoes and I have lost 10% of my weight!! Gosh, I have to celebrate. I am just so excited. I am going to update my ticker and give myself another little cheer guy.

Update on the move. Well, the inspection guy still can't come out until the 31st, however, he is going to let us move boxes over. We just can't stay there until after it is completed and approved. That at least helps. We have lost 2 days, but that is okay. At least we don't have to try to move all in one afternoon as we originally thought. Actually, today when we go take boxes by will be the first time we have seen the house since he made updates. He put in hardwood floors throughout and new carpet in the lower level. I am so glad that he did. My girls crawl around so much now and it is great that the carpet is new. I will let you guys know later how it looks. I plan on decorating the house in an asian decor. I have never done it before, but I think it would be really pretty.

Well, I better get scooting. The little ones are still sleeping, but they will be waking soon. Just had to share my news witcha! :) Everyone have a great day and I hope to see you guys later.

Ciao!

Elycia

jennie934
10-26-2006, 10:57 PM
Hi everyone,
wow, another crazy week flew by. how does that seem to happen its almost the weekend. I've been doing well. my scale at home says good things but I use my official weight from the weight watchers center for my tracker. I go there on Sundays. Anyone else go to WW?
I'm getting close to 180 once I pass that, I will be the smallest I have been since I think I was 15. I can't wait until that happens. when I was younger, I wish I had know what I was allowing my self to do by gaining all that weight. at least I kow now.
Its bed time but I wanted to say hey and read how everyone is doing. sounds like most of you are on the move like me!
ttyl
Jennie

elizabeth28
10-27-2006, 03:18 AM
Good evening, lovely ladies!!

YAY, Elycia!!! 223.5 AND new shoes!!!:carrot:

Gale, my Thanksgiving plan is fairly similar to yours... let's hope we pass the test.

Oh, my God, Sahm, you're shrinking!!:)

As for me... I'm doing well, as well. Just desperately trying to let go of my bizarre eating behaviors. :o

Jennie Aleecia & Bluesparkie: I wish you all the best!!

Take care,
elizabeth

galengail
10-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Hi everybody! I'm doing well. It's Friday and the end of the work week. My only complaint is that it is getting cold around here and because of that I wasn't able to go for my walk yesterday. When the times changes, I definitely won't be able to go because it will be too dark. If possible, I'm going to use the fitness center in my apartment building this winter. They have two exercise bikes, a weight training center, and a treadmill. I don't think that many people use it, and the people I've seen do it at night around 9:00. I plan on popping over there around 6:00 after dinner. If someone is on the treadmill, I can always use an exercise bike.

Angel - I hope your party goes well this weekend. I know what you mean about having bad eating habits when busy. I do the same thing. Usually it involves picking up lunch at a gas station or grabbing dinner from a fast food place on the way home. Not such a great idea since those are probably the least healthy meals. Then again, with all of your running around, maybe you balanced out your not-so-great eating habits this past week.

Elycia - Congratulations on the drop on the scale! That's awesome! You should be very, very proud of yourself. Ten percent of your body weight is a big deal. Now that you weight less, the next ten percent won't be quite as much. I'm sorry to hear about the mess with the home inspection, though. I bet that is incredibly frustrating to me so close to having the house, but being held back by all of these formalities. I hope everything goes well on Tuesday and you are able to move in shortly afterward.

SAHM - Aren't those lost inches great?! I've lost three inches on my waist and four on my hips. My arms, legs, and bust have also shrunk, but I'm not sure by how much since I don't have the numbers. And really, the inches lost are what matters because that means we get to fit into smaller clothes. I never want to see size 20-something again.

Jennie - Good luck with the weigh-in on Sunday. I'm sure you'll do just fine. I know what you mean about that goal of 180. I was around 180 when I entered high school at 14/15. I was a little over 200 by the time I graduated.

Elizabeth - It's good to hear that you're doing well! I know we can get through Thanksgiving. We just need to make sure to watch our portions. A good, healthy plate of food is best. No seconds and thirds for us! Besides, Thanksgiving should be about spending time with family, not stuffing ourselves until we can't breathe, right?

bluesparkie
10-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Sorry I haven't been around much this week. Mid-semester has hit and I've been crazy! Although apparently being busy is working out ok... I was nervous to do my WI this week because TOM started yesterday, I drank last night, and I've been pretty much off my challenge since Monday. Imagine my suprise when I was still down 2 pounds! Very exciting. I've got a friend staying for the weekend so I'm going to try to stay on plan and only have one splurge-ish night on Saturday when we're going to a Halloween party, we'll see how that works out, I've been doing great so far this week (minus the alcohol last night) so I'm feeling pretty positive.

Jennie, glad to see that you're back. I totally hear you about wanting to go back and give my 15 year old self a good smack and talking to about what I was doing to my body (my 21-year old self too, but that's another point). Great job on staying OP and don't worry too much about the slip ups, as long as you keep going in the right direction, you're doing fantastic!

SAHM, over a foot! That's awesome Congrats on sticking with it even when things get really busy, that's one of the hardest parts for me.

Elizabeth, thanks for the great link, I have the feeling that I'll need all the help I can get once the holiday season is in full effect. Great job sticking to the challenge, I'm gonna start again Monday, no matter how busy I get!

Elycia, what a bummer that your house didn't pass inspection. I'm glad that they're at least letting you get a start on moving in. Hopefully everything will get straightened out and you can finally get moved in! Your Asian theme sounds like it will look great. Congrats on your loss, 10% is great progress... I just realized that I'm halfway to my first 10% goal which is quite exciting.

Gale, congrats on the pants victory, sometimes I like those better than the scale victories.

Angel, I hope that your toga party is fantastic! I'm excited for halloween.

OK, I've got to run but I hope that you all have fantastic weekends! Catch you all later.

u2girl
10-28-2006, 11:03 AM
Morning ladies:

Stopping in real quick to say hello. Don't have much time because "WERE MOVING!!!!!" Unfortunately, I haven't done so hot with the challenge this month, but things were just a little too crazy. I am looking forward to a new month though.

I was thinking of trying Elizabeth's challenge next month. She comes up with some nifty ideas. Surviving the Feast. The coming months promise to be tough, so having a plan in mind may be a wonderful idea. I know it may be tough because our lives are so busy, but as we all know we have to make our health a priority. I hope to see you guys again next month and so we can all survive feasting season together. I hope to be more together next month as I will be moved and working to get back on schedule.

I can't believe this month is almost over. I think I had a goal at the outset of this month to lose 8 lbs. I did not make my goal. I only lost 6.5, but I guess that is better than nothing. My rate of weight loss has really slowed down, but I guess I can expect that as I continue to lose.

Well, I really better get going. I'll try to, but I may not be on for the rest of the month because my husband may be taking down the network tonight or tomorrow. The new house is supposed to be set up on Wednesday for the net and everything. If I don't get here on the first, will someone please get us started for the new month?

I'll see you guys later! Keep losin'!

Elycia

jennie934
10-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Hi Ladies,
are you all ready for halloween? or the day after is always the hardest with all that candy lying around the house. I am going to have my son put it all away so I won't get to it. but then I don't want him to binge on it either when he is not supposed to hmmm.... maybe I can sneak some of it out of the house when he is not looking. He is so excitied to go trick or treating. its his biggest day of the year next to christmas.
I did OK at my weigh in. I had dinner on saturday with family from out of town at my parents and ate a little more than I would have liked to the day before a wiegh in. I was still down, 1.8. I'm so close to my next 5 pound mark but not quite there. that will keep me away from the candy.
hope you all have a fun halloween tomorrow.
ttyl
Jennie

bluesparkie
11-02-2006, 04:41 PM
I posted a November thread... I'm not sure if the link will get deleted. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1458835#post1458835

I hope that everyone is doing well!