100 lb. Club - October NSVs

View Full Version : October NSVs

Sheila53
10-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Post 'em here, folks! NSVs are a wonderful way to track our progress so keep them coming.

nelie
10-02-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm going to start.

Today, I'm wearing my size 20 pants. I feel so skinny! I know it is a funny feeling but I love wearing clothes that actually fit rather than being baggy.

lilybelle
10-02-2006, 12:53 PM
My NSV is that yesterday I went with my DH to my MIL's and spent at least 6 hrs. doing yard work for her. I even push mowed for an hr. Also mowed my Aunt's yard next door. It felt great to be able to help someone else. (She has been quite ill for 2 months). Before I lost weight, I was so sick and she'd come over and help me. It feels great to be healthy enough to return the favor.

buckettgirl
10-02-2006, 01:39 PM
My big NSV so far is this weekend, I got to wear my wedding dress again. We went to the Kansas City Renaissance Festival...my wedding dress is a renaissance style dress in burgandy and emerald green (it is the only renaissance garb I own). My dress was made for me, and I hadn't tried it on since we were married, and I obviously had gained ALOT of weight since we had married. But when I put it on, it fit BETTER than it did when we got married!!!!!
I don't think that many women can say that.... their wedding dress fits BETTER 3 years later than it did on their wedding day! LOL
That made me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY! :D :hyper:

sept15lija
10-02-2006, 11:04 PM
My NSV is that my boss came into my office today, looked at me and said "You've lost weight!" :)

Also, I was shopping today and bought a size 16 skirt!!

Lifeguard
10-03-2006, 02:47 PM
I walked to my herbal magic appointment, to the gym, worked out & walked home. 8km in total of walking. Hoping to make it a daily habit but happy I finally took the first step!

sept15lija
10-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Lifeguard - WHOA! That's a lot of walking. Good for you!

Amanda - Do you have any pics of you in your wedding dress? Your dress sounds gorgeous!

Laura Philly
10-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Last night at my family holiday dinner I got lots of "you lost weight" comments. It felt good and helped me avoid the many desserts and fattening, unhealthy foods there.

Amanda- I'd love to see a picture of your wedding dress too. It sounds gorgeous!

RememberHowToSmile
10-03-2006, 09:28 PM
I purchased a new outfit, Jeans (I haven't wore real jeans in 3 years), a tank top and then a low cut sweater that goes over the tank top. When I wore it everyone told me how good I looked and how much weight I lost. :D Also I bought a jean jacket in 2x and it is almost too big on me.

TamiL
10-04-2006, 01:02 AM
My 13 year old daughter asked to borrow my blue jeans. This is funny coming from a girl who always thought her mommy was too fat to wear her clothes.

lilybelle
10-04-2006, 12:20 PM
My 22 yr. old step-daughter brought me a new pair of Levi's that she just bought that were too small for her. She asked if I wanted them , but when I tried them on they were too big for me. Shoot a new pair of jeans for free, and now she has to take them back. (She had a baby 4 months ago and is having a hard time finding the right size for right now). I shouldn't be greedy though, I have almost all her pre-pregnancy clothes now.

ChocLabLover
10-04-2006, 03:59 PM
A couple for me.

1) Went shopping for some new fall clothes for work as last year's pants are too big. I am down 2 sizes. I am still shopping in the "special" stores, but it felt great to be down the sizes

2) We have a department dinner next week off site. I called the admin who was organizing it to find out what the menu was going to be. When she asked me why, I flat out told her that I was watching what I was eating and wanted to have a light meal. I usually just suck it up and ate what was served. No more, sister! ;)

Lifeguard
10-05-2006, 02:13 AM
Me again...

I have worked out the past 3 days in a row. Woohoo! & this morning I did NOT want to go but I did it!!!

buckettgirl
10-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Amanda - Do you have any pics of you in your wedding dress? Your dress sounds gorgeous!

I don't have any pictures from this past weekend... but I can post some from our wedding.
I'm just so glad to have lost so much weight that I could get into that dress again! :D

PollyRB
10-07-2006, 01:54 PM
I signed up at the gym my friends attend, and asked them to call me when they go to make sure I go too. I know I'm gonna be really embarrassed at first being the only overweight girl in our group, but it's SO gonna be worth it! :)

lilybelle
10-07-2006, 04:04 PM
I have been feeling really bloated and bigger than usual. I put on my smallest jeans this AM and they were loose. I had already eaten, so will wait and brave the scale tomorrow morning.

Heather
10-07-2006, 10:46 PM
I have 2:

1) Last week I was writing something and referred to myself as a "formerly obese person." It's not 100% true yet, but WILL be. It was odd to see in print and to be able to think of myself that way.

2) I put on a new pair of jeans today that hubby said take 30 pounds off! He's sweet, but they ARE slimming!

lilybelle
10-08-2006, 12:15 AM
wyllenn,, You are doing so fantastic. Congrat's on those slimming jeans. WTG

lilybelle
10-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Yesterday when I was walking out of a convenience store, a man winked at me. The woman he was with (probably his wife) slapped him. DH was with me and thought it was funny.

LisaMarie71
10-10-2006, 11:40 AM
People are finally starting to notice! A fellow teacher stopped me in the hall twice yesterday to talk about it. The first time, she said "By the way, I've noticed but I haven't had time to say anything." I said "Noticed what?" because I really didn't know what she was talking about, and she looked me up and down and said "Obvious things!"

Later she came to my room and said "So you're looking very va-va-voom lately -- what are you doing?" Heehee! :belly:

Lifeguard
10-10-2006, 10:08 PM
So, more than once in my life :o I have gone to the grocery store & come home with "goodies" I should not have & eaten them all in one sitting, & I'm not talking about a cookie here.

Well, the other night, & again tonight I walked through the bakery section & looked at all the "goodies" & read labels to figure out what it would be calorie wise to eat the whole package ('cause let's face it - I WILL eat the entire package). Anyway... both times I came home with nothing (well, except what was on my list) & didn't even miss it!!!!

lilybelle
10-11-2006, 01:31 AM
I ran into an old friend of mine tonite at Walmart. She was a respiratory therapist at the hospital that I used to work for. She took care of me 2 yr's ago when I was hospitalized for 6 weeks with pneumonia and near death. She grabbed me and told me how "wonderful" and "healthy" that I looked now. It felt so good. She even used the "you're so skinny" comment.

Lifeguard
10-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Wow - Lilybelle that's fantastic!

lilybelle
10-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Thanks, I am always complaining that although my hips and legs have gotten thin that my stomach is still way too big. Last night I bought me 9 new shirts at Walmart and I had dropped a shirt size from 10-12 to 8-10 so this made me feel so good. I know the reason that my shirts are now smaller is my boobies have went from a DD to barely a C, but that is fine with me. Funny thing is, I had to try everything on and some of the shirts that I took to the dressing room were a 16-18. I still see myself as a lot bigger than what I am. Great bonus, my belly looked pretty flat in the new shirts and I usually NEVER think this.

phantastica
10-11-2006, 02:15 PM
Lillybelle, what do you do for exercise? Just curious.

I've been soo off-plan the past month or so, and I'm beginning to gain. My biggest NSV lately was passing on a dessert last night.

lilybelle
10-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Phantastica, I have always walked outdoors or on the treadmill for my exercise. I started only able to do 10 minutes 6 x a week in the beginning of this wt. loss journey. I was up to 1 hr. of walk/jog after about 6 months of regular walking. I did use the exercise ball some for push-ups, sit ups and leg lifts. But, gave myself 2 more hernias and had surgery in May, so had to stop with the sit-ups. I have recently injured my left ankle and have nerve damage so have been off my exercise schedule for 2 months. Last night I got on the treadmill with my leg brace on and walked 1/2 mile, so it's like totally starting over for me on exercise. During times when I have hit plateaus with my Wt. loss, I added jumping rope to my exercise routine and it seemed to help some.
Good job passing on the dessert last night. I am bad to stick 100% to my eating routine and then occasionally (every couple of weeks) allow myself a piece of dessert.

Sheila53
10-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Several people at the gym this week have commented on my size using words like slender, skinny, and lean. Of course, when this is said to me, I'm thinking, are they nuts? But it's nice to hear, especially the "lean" comment. I could handle being lean. Maybe those balance discs really are working their magic!

Sandi
10-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Really great NSV's you guys!! :)

watch_it_break
10-11-2006, 07:15 PM
DH commented that I've been doing very well with my walking and with what I've been eating, and said that he's noticed I have a lot more energy lately.

Not a huge thing, I guess, but it felt good. :D

LisaMarie71
10-12-2006, 11:24 AM
That IS a big thing, watch -- little comments from the ones we love have a huge impact on our motivation! I love when my husband says encouraging things!

My NSV today is a clothing one. I'm wearing a shirt that I couldn't button just a month or two ago and I have plenty of room in it (it's a size 18, and usually I have to wear bigger sizes in my tops than my bottoms). I'm wearing a size 18 skirt that I barely managed to squeeze into 3 weeks ago and now I have lots of room there too. I can even pull it out from my waist a little. Yay! I can't wait until all of my clothes are too big to wear. I'm too broke to buy new ones, but I'll have to figure something out!

lilybelle
10-12-2006, 12:51 PM
watch it break, those compliments from the DH are the BEST. Congrat's.

LisaMarie, WTG on the clothing NSV's. Congrat's.

famograham
10-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Wow everyone!!! Just amazing ;)

:hug:
Linda

watch_it_break
10-12-2006, 04:37 PM
thanks lilybelle, and LisaMarie :)

comments like that always help, when the scale isn't being quite as friendly, too... :p

Heather
10-13-2006, 08:29 PM
I saw a woman Monday I haven't seen for nearly a year. She literally GASPED (and loudly) and stepped back when she saw me. The look on her face was priceless!! She really didn't recognize me right away!

I guess I appear to have shrunken as I've lost nearly 100 pounds since I saw her!

lilybelle
10-14-2006, 12:21 AM
wyllen, WTG, it is nice to see people who haven't seen us in a long time and see how shocked they are. Congratulations.

My NSV, last night my DH went to Braums to get me and my DD some Low Carb Ice Cream. He came back with a large pack of chocolate chip cookies. I read the nutritional info. and put them away and didn't eat not one of them. This was really something for me.

jtammy
10-14-2006, 12:53 AM
Hi guys, I had an interesting NSV today. I went to a bank to do a "mystery shop" on them. It was my first one and I was trying furiously to remember to pay attention to everything I would have to answer later. I gave the teller a check to cash and put my drivers license up on the counter. She looked at the license and said "Is this you?" I told her that yes it was me. She kept staring at it, then at me, then she said "My goodness, you have really lost a lot of weight". It took me a few seconds to recover, since I was trying to focus on what I needed to ask. Then she wanted to to know how much I had lost and how I'm doing it. It was neat for a complete stranger to be able to see the difference. However, it did throw me off from the scenario I had in my head for the mystery shop. ;)

owira
10-14-2006, 01:38 AM
My DH is clueless and doesn't really say much about my weight loss .. and I think He is beginnin to realize that even tho He doesn't pay attention ..others do ..cause I get comments all the time .. especially at football games .. someone asked him tonite where his incredibly shrinkin wife was .. laughs ..that was cute ..

beautifulone
10-14-2006, 07:21 PM
Great stuff everyone :)

Wyllen, that must have been awesome :)

My NSV... being back here, it feels wonderful. And I went to the gym today which is a big deal because I've been off and on all month, more off recently than on :)

owira
10-14-2006, 10:01 PM
In my family the wedding ring and engagement ring is passed from mother to daughter.. the ring was my great great grandmothers .. and now it is mine .. while I was married with it .. and wore it for a couple of years .. I *outgrew* it .. my fingers got to pudgy ..and I havent' worn it in 13 years ..I couldnt' resize the ring because of the engravings and amazing beauty that has sustained alot of years .. so I just kept it safe.. this next saturday (oct 21st) is our 17th anniversary .. and I can now say I am able to wear it again .. all the NSV moments are great.. smaller clothes ... comments from everyone .. and probably very few that I told outside of 3FC could even begin to understand how this is an amazing moment for me to be able to wear this ring .. nothing could compare to this..

lilybelle
10-14-2006, 10:55 PM
owira, Congratulations on the ring , that must feel wonderful.

My NSV for today. We went to my DH's company picnic today. They had a "twist" dance contest. I wasn't too embarassed to dance and we WON a $100.00 gift certificate. I would never before have felt secure enough to "shake my stuff" in front of all those people. They were having a "cha cha" dance contest for the kids, but my DD wouldn't enter and she knows how to do it. She regretted it later because she could have also won.

RememberHowToSmile
10-15-2006, 10:22 AM
I went to an apple orchard yesterday and was able to go up the hay tower 3 times with my nephew. Then in the corn maze I was actually able to run around after my nephew. And I mean actually run not walk fast. I canít remember the last time I ran!

beautifulone
10-15-2006, 12:52 PM
Rememberhowtosmile - I really like your name :)
That sounds so great, way to go!

DNR
10-16-2006, 11:55 AM
A guy that my husband works with was at our house over the weekend. I hadn't seen this person since about a year ago, before I started my weight loss journey. My husband said after they left, this guy said to him, "where's the other half of Deb?"

I love it! :D :D :D

Gives me the strength to go on.

DNR

Lifeguard
10-17-2006, 11:13 AM
I saw the psychiatrist yesterday & she is taking me off one of my anti-depressants!!! The bonus is it is Remeron which is known for making people gain weight & have difficulty losing it!

SuchAPrettyFace
10-17-2006, 01:58 PM
I bought size 26 jeans b/c they are stretchy & no one wants to see camel toe or skintight size 24's on me. This was last year when I was struggling around 320-330.

I recently washed both pairs in hot water & dried them on the hottest setting on the dryer, they are STILL too big now. Not sure if I'm brave enough yet to go shop for a new pair, but still! :dance:

lilybelle
10-17-2006, 02:19 PM
pretty face, WTG. You probably do need some smaller jeans now. Congratulations. Isn't it ironic how jeans won't shrink when we need them to, but they sure seem to shrink when we don't want them to.

NewDay4MeToo
10-17-2006, 04:47 PM
I always read your NSV's and I just decided I had to post mine today!

I exercised today, for the third time in 6 days. This is SO good for me. On top of that: I bought my very first pair of two-pound hand weights. I exercised today in a sports bra and pants!!!! Okay, this was in the safety of my home, but STILL.

My boy asked the other day, why does your chest look so much bigger? He was referencing the fact that my tummy is getting smaller, so my chest is looking rather full. (Even though I am losing inches in the chest, too.) That felt good.

LisaMarie71
10-17-2006, 05:20 PM
I've had a couple of NSVs this week. One is that I can pull my wedding ring off when my fingers are cold! Only when they're slightly cold, though, because I can't get it off right now! :lol: For years I haven't been able to take it off at ALL. When I broke my ankle a few years ago I had to get it off before surgery and my husband and I had to work on it for hours and hours. So embarrassing. And then I didn't wear it for about a year because I didn't want to try to get it back on. The ring I wear on the other hand slides all around and I have to move it to other fingers now.

The other NSV happened last night when I saw a friend of my husband's. I hadn't seen him in a month or two and he made a big deal about how good I looked and how much weight I've lost. He's a running partner of my husband's, so he's all into fitness. Then he was talking to my husband on the phone later last night and he brought it up again. Woohoo! So nice that people are finally noticing. :)

sept15lija
10-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Amanda - I absolutely love your wedding dress! (sorry this is from way back on page 1! :))

WTG everyone, the NSV's are great!

I have one, I went to the store to look for workout clothes, and thought I'd try on the next size down jeans (18) and they fit! Plus, there was even a bit of room in the waist! I am not going to buy any new jeans until at least I'm in a 16 though...I'll have to swim in my 20's for a while longer....

Lifeguard
10-19-2006, 08:26 PM
I've got a couple. Yesterday when I left the gym I realized I wasn't Exhausted. I think it is finally happening where I will start to have more energy from working out instead of it sapping my energy!!!

Cheese went bad in MY fridge!!! This has never happened before - it would have been gone long before that!

And the big one: my psychiatrist took me off one of my anti-depressants, Remeron, which is known for weight gain - so hopefully I will finally break this plateau!!!!!

Br00klyn
10-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Congrats to all your NSV's!! :)

As for me, I've had a couple this month. Firstly, I resisted a buffet of all different flavour cheesecakes at work (someone had won a gift card to a local cake shop).... Second, I survived an entire week of being sick (cold and migraines) without having any of my old comfort foods! And third, I've managed to stay on plan without even 1 treat for 10 days straight, and I don't feel deprived!

Lifeguard
10-21-2006, 10:50 PM
And the big one: my psychiatrist took me off one of my anti-depressants, Remeron, which is known for weight gain - so hopefully I will finally break this plateau!!!!!

Hahaha - guess I'm excited about this one - I just noticed I posted it twice! Sorry about that!

lilybelle
10-21-2006, 10:53 PM
I took all my X-large shirts from last winter over to my Aunt's today and gave them to her. It felt great to get rid of them. She is also losing wt. and has went from a 2X to 1X and needed the clothes. I didn't want to keep them and know that I could wear them if I gained.

jmacway
10-22-2006, 09:24 AM
I love reading the NSV's!
I bought myself a couple of new shirts at Sears yesterday. I was plesently surprised that the XL's were to big. I bought size 14-16's a large instead. Can't get over the size 14.

Heather
10-22-2006, 06:42 PM
Great NSVs!

I went out to dinner with 3 other people and was the smallest one at the table.

That's probably the first time in my adult life I could say that!

lilybelle
10-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Wyllenn, great NSV. It shocks me to go somewhere and notice that I am the smallest person. For so many yrs. I was always the largest person everywhere it seemed. Congratulations.

Lifeguard
10-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Great NSVs!

I went out to dinner with 3 other people and was the smallest one at the table.

That's probably the first time in my adult life I could say that!

Wow - that's fantastic!!!

I went through all the clothes in my closet that do not fit yet & sorted them according to size & moved down a size! Woohoo!

sept15lija
10-22-2006, 11:39 PM
This is sort of a silly one but it made me feel good. I was going to the grocery store, and there's two driveways you can use to go into the plaza, one is a direct route to the gym, the other is to the grocery store. I automatically took the one to the gym! LOL good to know it's becoming such a habit!

Lifeguard
10-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Today I was really discouraged by my slow weight loss but I went to the gym anyway & upped the amount of cardio I did from 30min to 40min.

Today also marks 4 weeks of me going to the gym at least 3 times a week! Now that is a victory!

Heather
10-25-2006, 02:41 PM
Liz -- These aren't silly! They may seem it, but they aren't!

One of my biggest NSVs is when I realized I didn't have to worry about going thru turnstiles -- seems very silly, but wow!

I think so much of this journey is mental, and paying attention to things BEYOND the scale can really give us a different perspective on the journey!

Keep 'em coming!!

rockinrobin
10-25-2006, 02:59 PM
MY RING FELL OFF MY FINGER TODAY!!!!! And then I looked at my hands and they are definitely smaller. Why couldn't my underwear fall off instead?

lilybelle
10-25-2006, 03:33 PM
I had bought a new sweater back in the spring. I never wore it because after I got it home, I thought it made me look FAT. I am wearing it today and I don't feel FAT in it. It is fairly low-cut and my collarbones are sticking way out there. It is so nice to find something that is already in your closet that you can be happy to wear.

famograham
10-25-2006, 05:48 PM
MY RING FELL OFF MY FINGER TODAY!!!!! And then I looked at my hands and they are definitely smaller. Why couldn't my underwear fall off instead?

This was so sweet and funny...I just about fell off my chair laughing!!!
YEAH...why can't our underwear fall off instead??? :yes:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
I love it!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Linda

LisaMarie71
10-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Great NSVs, everyone!!

I'm getting lots of comments from people now, and today I had a great one from a stranger at the gym. The lady who works the counter had to put in my name because I didn't have my ID (lost my keys - ACK!). I walked off and got changed and got on the treadmill as normal. In a few minutes, she came up to me and said, "I just have to say something. When I put your name in the system your picture came up and you look so different. You've really lost weight and you look very good!"

Yay! I just wanted to hug her. It made me feel great, and it definitely motivated me to keep going in my workout today. I don't even know what that old picture in their system looks like, and I don't want to see it!!!

Right before this NSV, another woman (a coworker) came up to me and said I need to buy new clothes because mine don't fit anymore!

Heather
10-26-2006, 11:21 PM
Apparently I am unrecognizable.

1) On Tuesday, I saw a Japanese student I hadn't seen in over a year. I had seen him around campus and wondered why he never said hi. It occurred to me that maybe it’s harder for Japanese people to code differences in Caucasians. So I went up to him and started talking. I could tell he didn’t know who I was for a second. Then he said “You look different!”

2) I talked to a man today whom I have interacted with several times before over the past few years (he buys books from me). I moved offices over the summer and hadn't seen him since last fall maybe. I commented I was glad he found me in my new digs, etc... but I wondered why he was surprised I knew his name and why he gave me his business card again, as I thought he knew I had one from earlier.

After he left, he went to our secretary's office and heard him asking where my office was -- apparently he didn't recognize me, even after talking to me! She told him he had just been talking to me, and he said "I didn't recognize her." Our secretary told him I had lost over 100 pounds. She said he just kind of stood there and then said, "Well, that's some accomplishment!"

At least his conversation with her clarified some of his interactions with me!!

You know, I never for a single day forget I am on this journey, but sometimes I forget just how far I have come.

Michelle
10-27-2006, 12:37 AM
Quoted by: "fed"up: MY RING FELL OFF MY FINGER TODAY!!!!! And then I looked at my hands and they are definitely smaller. Why couldn't my underwear fall off instead?

:rofl: :lol3: LOL!!!

:bravo: I love reading all of these NSVs because they give me so much inspiration that one day, I will be getting the same reactions with myself.;)

sept15lija
10-27-2006, 09:19 AM
wyllen - That's incredible!! Definitely an amazing statement of how far you've come!

Lifeguard
10-27-2006, 10:06 PM
I love reading these - good work everyone!