Old 10-02-2006, 09:08 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat-October 2-8

Can you believe it's October already? Where did the time fly?? The weekend was awesome! I loved the retreat and have learned so much. Learned enough that I told DH that we have to continue doing things alone (well, w/each other that is. lol). Eating wasn't TOO bad...just bad enough. But back to it today. Also realized I can't keep my attention focused on my weight. Have to retrain my brain for that one.
Hope you all had a great weekend!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Im glad you had a good time Brenda!

My eating is going to be back on track today. No more toast Im feeling alot better so hopefully everything else will fall into place.

I will make a promise to myself......I promise I will not push it, I promise I will not make loosing weight the center of my world, I promise to eat properly, get my exercise, and feel good about myself.

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Brenda - Sounds like you had a great time! That's wonderful. Iknow what you mean about not focusing on weight all the time. I all to often find myself doing just that and and then I start thinking that I can't wait til this is over. HA! I then have to remind myself that this is now my life. So I better stop thinking about it like that and get on with other things!

MsChris - about the strips - they just never registered for me. THey always showed that I wasn't in ketosis. And I have heard that from a lot of people.
SO I stopped driving myself crazy with them. I am trying to go back to induction today. SInce Aug. 1 I have lost one inch in my chest .5 in my waist and .5 in my thighs. I don't know if that is good or not. but the scale is telling me anything from 151 to 154 since then too. I know my carbs have crept up on me and maybe I'm one of those that have to stay real low with them so I will drop them this week to induction level and see what happens.

Have a good day All!
Maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:16 AM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone.
Brenda, I am glad you enjoyed the retreat. That sounds very fun.
Maggie, WTG on the inches lost
We finished all the yard work yesterday at my MIL's. When we first got there, we couldn't get her riding mower started. So, I push mowed the front yard for 1 hr. Then, took a break. Then the riding mower started and I did the rest of the 5 acres on it plus mowed my Aunt's yard next door. Total of about 6 hrs. of work. I am sore across the shoulders today and the scale is down another 2 lbs. Since my MIL and Aunt are both doing Atkins also, it's nice to eat a meal with them, they stick very strict to the plan. My eating has been totally on program and I'm getting plenty of water. Definitely the treadmill for me today. I figure if I can push mow for an hr., I can walk slow on the treadmill. I breathed in a ton of dirt yesterday from all the mole hills that I mowed over and my sinuses feel pretty clogged up now. My MIL and Aunt were so happy with the work we did and it just felt great to be able to help them. My MIL has been sick for 2 months, she is so weak that she stumbles when she walks. Her cardiologist has done tons of tests, but isn't sure what is wrong with her. She has always been a very strong person and loved to keep her home and yard beautiful. I knew it was bothering her tremendously that she can't take care of it the way she wants right now. The next time my DH has a day off work, we told her we'd bring our carpet shampooer and do her carpets for her. They are white and really need cleaned. My DH did tell me how much he loves me and appreciates me last night. He said "I don't like to ever compare you to my XW but she would never in a million yrs. have went and worked that hard to help my mom unless she was getting paid". This made me feel good. I'm not that type of person, if someone that I care about needs help, I'll do anything I can to help. I would never dream of taking money for helping someone in need. I have my parents to thank for instilling good values in us children. So, all in all , today I am proud, sore and 2 lbs. lower on the scale. Yeah.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:34 PM   #5  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

"Another week another dollar earned" quote from my dad long ago.Thankslady adnerb for starting us up. I survived this weekend with my
W-I this morning and I maintained this week. I think I add back carbs to quickly again. I'm up to 30 grams,going to bring it down to 25 and see what happens.

Robin-Good idea not forcusing on weight loss all the time. My dh telling me all the time,but do I listen no.I keep on & on and he has to keep a deaf ear.

Lilybelle-Sorry for your sore shoulder,maybe you could but some cold compress on it. But Big Congrats on your other two pound loss. That terrific. I was lucky also I maintained,after thinking my weight was going to be up on Saturday,but it came down. Now heres to next week.

Have a good one

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:52 PM   #6  
lilybelle

Here's hoping everyone has a great week. My loss since Friday was a total of 6 lbs. but 5 of it was a re-loss, so I still came out 1 lb. lower for the month. I am standing at 140 this morning which is 5lb. below my goal and I'm very happy with this. My secret goal is to one day be at 135, but I can't tell my DH as he thinks I've lost enough. Maybe if I slowly lose a lb. each month for the next 5 months, he'll never know the difference. Kind of like when I buy new clothes and put them in the closet, wait a while to wear them and when he asks "is that new" I say "no, I've had it for a long time". LOL.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:18 PM   #7  

Lily, Your posts are so inspiring. I do that with clothes, too. My hubby hardly ever notices anything new. I used to feel bad about that but now I know it is really a blessing. ha!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:29 PM   #8  
lilybelle

carol, Aren't we just sneaky?
Old 10-03-2006, 08:44 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its Freezing up here, BRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!We have the fireplace going,to get the chill out of the house. Winter is coming girls. That means we'll be looking for comfort foods[soups & stews]and heavy meals again. We must be careful not to over indulge. PORTION CONTROL has to be high on the list and take priority above all.

Lilybelle-YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! your doing teriific with you total of 6 lbs off.Your lucky your DH notices. I have to parade in front of mine before he takes notice.

I was down again this morning to 149.5 but yesterday was my official W-I day,so I keeping the ticker as is. Just wanted to let you know that low carbing is working. I love this WOE. I'm not as far as your gals are in carb adding,up to 25 grams. Impressed with Robin being able to go up to 50 per day,but maybe down the road I'll be able to go that far.

Hugs BB

Will post later
Old 10-03-2006, 10:43 AM   #10  
lilybelle

Good morning ladies, Hope everyone is off to a great day.
My DH came home from work in tears yesterday. It is so hard to see him so upset. One of his buddies that he trained as a State Trooper was killed this weekend by a semi-truck that went out of control and ran over him while he was making a routine traffic stop. Not sure when the funeral is yet, but know that we will be going. The truck driver was killed also. This trooper had only been on the Highway Patrol for 3 yrs. My DH has been on for almost 20 yrs. and it really is like a big family, they care so deeply for each other and each others family.
BB, it looks like you are doing fantastic with the Atkins life syle. I am so glad. It works so well for me and I am happy to see when others are having that same success with it. I also love eating this way and will do it for life. I can't take 50 carbs a day without gaining, but do maintain pretty well at 30-40 if I have no cheats.
We had a few cooler days last week, but haven't turned the heater on yet this yr. It is about mid-80's during the day here now.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:09 AM   #11  

Such sad news, Lily. I always wonder how nurses and drs. manage to not get attached to their patients. My daughter is a nurse and the things she tells me about......I don't think I could be in that profession. But you know about that.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 03:18 PM   #12  
lilybelle

Hi, I just came from picking up my new bifocals. Outside I could see great with them, everything looked so clear. But, my computer screen was so blurry I had to take them off. I guess they'll take some getting used to. I couldn't see out of top or bottom for typing. But, I did see better while driving so that's a big plus.
Currently I have a little sliver of glass in the bottom of my foot that I can't see well enough to get out. DH tried to get it out last night and couldn 't. I guess I better go try some more, before it gets really sore.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:11 PM   #13  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Well hey there guys. I had a pretty good day today. I walked to work which has a gym so I walked 2.5 miles to work then lifted weights. so i would i got my exercise in for the day. I am also down 3 lbs. I can remember if i updated my ticker. Well anyways i am super sleepy so i will catch up with yall later. Good job on the weightloss and for all who went off program, just jump back on with us.

-Sandra
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:10 AM   #14  
lilybelle

Sandra, Congrat's on the 3 lbs. that is fantastic. WTG.
I went to Sam's Club yesterday and bought tons of food in bulk packages. It should last for a while. Spent too much money of course. Tried to stick with on-program foods, except for stuff for my DH to take to work. My eating wasn't too great yesterday, but not too bad. Had 24 carbs and have been having about 18-20 daily. Didn't weigh today but my fingers are swollen a little. Feel like I have a little water weight gain that I'll need to flush out.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:55 PM   #15  
beachbum

Hi Ladies
I'm here,just got up late around 9AM. watched a movie last night that didn't end until late[11:30]Now everything that on was on schedule is falling late.

The weather is much warmer than yesterday. Going to take advantage and walk so more along the beach.

Have do a little grocery shopping for the odds & ends that one uses quicky during weeks time.

LILYBELLE-I'm sorry about your DH's fellow officer death. How horrible,his poor family.Sending them my good thought & prayers.I'm happy also that I finally found a woe thats working for me. I'm sorry that the grocery stores don't fell like that,as its so hard trying to find low carb prods anymore. They were on the shelves 3 years ago,but now I only found Pepperidege Farm carb-style [5 net carbs] 4 grain bread & Dreamfield [5 net carb] pasta. Didn't the peple that bought Atkins have to right to leave the cereals,ice cream & other Atkins products on the shelf.O H lily glass sliver that must hurt,if you can't get it out please go to the doctor.you don't want an infection.I buy in bulk also but we go to BJ's instead.

SANDRA-Big congrats on your 3 lb loss.walking is a great exercise.I'm going to try to walk along the beach until it cold.

Have a nice evening ladies BB